PDA

View Full Version : Question Would you contribute more to Hibs?

matty_f
25-01-2020, 05:56 PM
With reference to the HSL/no more shares thread, if HSL rebranded solely as a method to collect donations to contribute to the club, would you be interested in donating and if so/not what are your reasons for and against?

The club has no debt, there are no shares to purchase so for the purpose of this poll, you can assume that 100% of your money will go towards improving the club.

04Sauzee
25-01-2020, 06:07 PM
I would as long as i could determine the exact amount i wanted to contribute each month, and if for some reason i couldn't contribute i could take a paymeent holiday

Also if people could still make one off payment that would be great.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:09 PM
I would as long as i could determine the exact amount i wanted to contribute each month, and if for some reason i couldn't contribute i could take a paymeent holiday

That's a good shout.

Greencore
25-01-2020, 06:15 PM

Pretty much where I stand.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Voted "yes" with the caveat it only goes towards transfer kitty/player acquisition.

Fed up with contributing to "infrastructure". If the new owner wants to build on land that'll increase the paper value of his holding, then let him pony up for that himself.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 06:21 PM
I would wait until our new owner lets us know the script.

I don’t think the club is being ran well enough at the moment to trust them with extra investment either.

Henderson2Del
25-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Not without major changes.
We have failed across the board as a club in the last 18
Months and it’s totally understandable.
Academy, recruitment and commercial are failing so it’s hard to justify more money to the same people

wookie70
25-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Voted no but I would be interested in a membership scheme similar to Aberdeens where the concept of the season tickets is changed to different levels of membership some which would include seats for every game. I pay for two youth tickets too so there is already quite a bit out of the household budget each month. Add to that probably half the away games and it must be around 100 quid a month. Hard to justify too much more than that and not convinced the money would make much difference.

Oscar T Grouch
25-01-2020, 06:24 PM
I already contribute each month and that won't change if they change name/purpose.

Golden Bear
25-01-2020, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;6056965]With reference to the HSL/no more shares thread, if HSL rebranded solely as a method to collect donations to contribute to the club, would you be interested in donating and if so/not what are your reasons for and against?

The club has no debt, there are no shares to purchase so for the purpose of this poll, you can assume that 100% of your money will go towards improving the club.[/QUOTE

I might - dependant on what our new owner's plans are for the future of the Club. Hopefully all will be revealed at the AGM - whenever that may be.

Greencore
25-01-2020, 06:28 PM
What if RG wants the fans to contribute to the new indoor pitch at HTC by using these monthly contributions and it wouldn't go to the transfer fund.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 06:29 PM
What if RG wants the fans to contribute to the new indoor pitch at HTC by using these monthly contributions and it wouldn't go to the transfer fund.

Then I for one, wouldn't be up for contributing a red cent.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 06:29 PM
No.

I've got a ST, paid into HSL, bought shares direct, paid into the Hibernians, bought a stone, bought a tunnel tile etc etc.

I'll continue to buy my ST but beyond that I'm not sacrificing other things in life for Hibs anymore.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 06:30 PM

Then he would have to open his shareholding to the support he wants to contribute otherwise he will be told to bolt.

Oscar T Grouch
25-01-2020, 06:32 PM

Then he wouldnae get it, it goes to the club on condition it is used by the footballing department

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure I get the argument around contributing to the squad but not the indoor pitch.

If there's a need for an indoor pitch, then Hibs will have to build one. If they do that with the help of contributions from the fans then that lessens or even negates the impact on the first team spending, so what difference does it make?

DaveF
25-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Maybe. I'd like to see what changes RG has in line for us but at the moment I'm edging towards cancelling my HSL contribution.

Hibs4185
25-01-2020, 06:38 PM
I’m all for improving infrastructure and fans contributing to more success on the pitch, but ultimately RG would be the biggest benefactor. Our money would be making the club more valuable and therefore his shareholding worth more money.

Before we start handing money over to the club with no questions asked, I would want RG to at least match those funds or put his plans to work if we ever hear them.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Maybe. I'd like to see what changes RG has in line for us but at the moment I'm edging towards cancelling my HSL contribution.

I think the first part there is massive, Dave - really important that Ron Gordon communicates ambitions for the club that excite us. If he gets that right then I can see people wanting to be part of it.

I don't think the 'slow and steady' approach of the last few years is going to have folk running to sign up.

Greencore
25-01-2020, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure I get the argument around contributing to the squad but not the indoor pitch.

If there's a need for an indoor pitch, then Hibs will have to build one. If they do that with the help of contributions from the fans then that lessens or even negates the impact on the first team spending, so what difference does it make?

Ron could use his own cash to build it then get the fans to pony up the cash and then sell us for a profit?

I don't know, like many other fans I want us to sign players of a much better quality then we are doing now, we need cash in the transfer fund to do that, pre contracts or transfer fees. Personally I would rather we sign players rather then an indoor pitch.

I think fans are tired of hearing how the HTC training centre will pay off in years to come, anyway players always bang on about how impressive the HTC once they sign anyway, does it really need improving or does the sqaud?

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Ron could use his own cash to build it then get the fans to pony up the cash and then sell us for a profit?

I don't know, like many other fans I want us to sign players of a much better quality then we are doing now, we need cash in the transfer fund to do that, pre contracts or transfer fees. Personally I would rather we sign players rather then an indoor pitch.

I think fans are tired of hearing how the HTC training centre will pay off in years to come, anyway players always bang on about how impressive the HTC once they sign anyway, does it really need improving or does the sqaud?

Is that likely though? Would the indoor pitch add *that* much value to the club? Even if it did, the new owner (and the team) continue to have the benefit of the facility after the sale.

Ron Gordon is presumably going to want to walk away from Hibs at some point with at least his money back but I'd assume he's also wanting to increase the value of the club.

The easiest way to do that is to make us successful.

He could effectively build the indoor facility from our normal operating income without spending a penny if he was just doing it to make a profit.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 06:48 PM

The difference it makes Matty, is that we've heard this song before from Petrie, Scott Lindsay, et al - once the infrastructure is complete, everything will go on the team - well we waited long enough for that to transpire under them and it never happened - we still sell our best players and replace them with workaday journeymen, half of them on short-term loans.

Maybe he could pay for it himself and show his "intent" by his deeds and actions, because i'm kind of fed up with the notion of the fans being asked to pay for it again, while the team meanders around mid-table.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2020, 06:48 PM

Same here. I’ve paid in perpetuity since the start and at over the minimum, but I’m steadily feeling uneasier about doing so.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 06:49 PM

I wouldn’t be up for funding the pitch when it will be added to the assets of the owner of the football club. Not a chance.

What about for how much the fans raise the owner will equal it?

Gets a football club on the cheap, adds to its portfolio with the supports money and then sells it? Aye no bother 😁

Andy74
25-01-2020, 06:50 PM

There’s no real argument - it all ends up the same way.

Although these things are always cleaner when Hibs can say it all goes to football players and then they can happily take other budget away to pay for the other things a football club needs too.

jeffers
25-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Voted no. I don't have the money anyway but I'm still waiting to hear what the plans of our millionaire owner are to make us best of the rest.

DaveF
25-01-2020, 06:52 PM
I think the first part there is massive, Dave - really important that Ron Gordon communicates ambitions for the club that excite us. If he gets that right then I can see people wanting to be part of it.

I don't think the 'slow and steady' approach of the last few years is going to have folk running to sign up.

Yep, agree with that. If there is no update by the end of next week I'll probably put a stop to HSL and do my supporting via my ST.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:53 PM
The difference it makes Matty, is that we've heard this song before from Petrie, Scott Lindsay, et al - once the infrastructure is complete, everything will go on the team - well we waited long enough for that to transpire under them and it never happened - we still sell our best players and replace them with workaday journeymen, half of them on short-term loans.

Maybe he could pay for it himself and show his "intent" by his deeds and actions, because i'm kind of fed up with the notion of the fans being asked to pay for it again, while the team meanders around mid-table.

After the East stand was built, the money did go on the team (other than to repay debt). What else did it go on?

Andy74
25-01-2020, 06:54 PM
I wouldn’t be up for funding the pitch when it will be added to the assets of the owner of the football club. Not a chance.

What about for how much the fans raise the owner will equal it?

Gets a football club on the cheap, adds to its portfolio with the supports money and then sells it? Aye no bother 😁

You up for handing him the debt money back then and it can keep coming out your ticket money?

Some really pathetic attitudes to people with a bit of cash, including someone who so far has used it for the benefit of our club.

There’s much easier ways to make some more money.

Capt Mainwaring
25-01-2020, 06:54 PM
I’ve contributed to HSL from the start and will happily continue if the purpose of the funds is to be directed to the football Dept

We need to support bridging the gap that exists with both Hearts and Aberdeen fans contributing significantly to their clubs finances.

I’d merely ask for transparency on how/where the funds are being spent

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Short as this thread is (at the moment) I think it should be relayed to our elusive owner post-haste.

It'll provide him with a useful bellweather of where our supporters are with the notion of more (fan-funded) infrastructure, and have more impact than any feedback he gets from the nodding dugs in the Boardroom.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:56 PM
There’s no real argument - it all ends up the same way.

Although these things are always cleaner when Hibs can say it all goes to football players and then they can happily take other budget away to pay for the other things a football club needs too.

That's what I was getting at, Andy. If there's money that needs to get paid out, it needs to come from somewhere.

If Gordon said he'd let the club fund the indoor pitch but he's paying £1m to the playing budget it's no different to the club paying £1m to the budget and Gordon funding the pitch.

Andy74
25-01-2020, 06:57 PM
That's what I was getting at, Andy. If there's money that needs to get paid out, it needs to come from somewhere.

If Gordon said he'd let the club fund the indoor pitch but he's paying £1m to the playing budget it's no different to the club paying £1m to the budget and Gordon funding the pitch.

Yep.

Diclonius
Only if there's a cast iron guarantee that every penny of such a scheme went into increasing the transfer budget and nothing else.

Greencore
You up for handing him the debt money back then

Wasn't the debt owed to STF included in the sale price of Hibernian when RG bought hibernian?

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 06:58 PM
After the East stand was built, the money did go on the team (other than to repay debt). What else did it go on?

Meaningful money then, in the shape of decent replacements for Brown and Thomson, to name but two that departed. Not your Joe Keenans, Paddy Creggs, Danny Hayes, Rowan Vines, etc.

Remember also we were still in debt when we were sold to Gordon.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Meaningful money then, in the shape of decent replacements for Brown and Thomson, to name but two that departed. Not your Joe Keenans, Paddy Creggs, Danny Hayes, Rowan Vines, etc.

Remember also we were still in debt when we were sold to Gordon.

Do you think when Hibs sell, for example, John McGinn for (for argument's sake) £2m, we can spend £2m on his replacement?

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 07:02 PM

Eh? - If Gordon said he was funding the indoor pitch out his own pocket (which incidentally would grow his fixed asset base and exponentially the value of his investment), and any monies the fans generate would go on the team and NOTHING ELSE then he'd probably get a more significant uptake.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Do you think when Hibs sell, for example, John McGinn for (for argument's sake) £2m, we can spend £2m on his replacement?

No that's not what I said - you're paraphrasing - this argument has been done before as well on here...you'll not directly replace a McGinn, Brown, Thomson or O'Connor, but we should expect something better than Hyndman on loan which was one of the first signings we made after McGinn's departure.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2020, 07:05 PM
I'd like to hear his plans before I make anymore commitments with my money.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 07:06 PM
You up for handing him the debt money back then and it can keep coming out your ticket money?

Some really pathetic attitudes to people with a bit of cash, including someone who so far has used it for the benefit of our club.

There’s much easier ways to make some more money.

You do realise that I was handing over cash and contributing before Gordon pulled the plug on the shares from HSL? Why would I want to top up how portfolio because he cleared a debt that was never going to be called I’m apart from the structure it was in.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 07:06 PM
I'd like to hear his plans before I make anymore commitments with my money.

That's where I am as well, I think.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 07:08 PM
No that's not what I said - you're paraphrasing - this argument has been done before as well on here...you'll not directly replace a McGinn, Brown, Thomson or O'Connor, but we should expect something better than Hyndman on loan which was one of the first signings we made after McGinn's departure.

Yeah the argument has been done to death and someone who didn't get it the first time isn't all of a sudden going to get it now, so I'm out.

Greencore
25-01-2020, 07:09 PM
I'd like to hear what fans who have actually met with Ron has to say? Didn't he meet a couple of fans from the HSL?

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Yeah the argument has been done to death and someone who didn't get it the first time isn't all of a sudden going to get it now, so I'm out.

Me tae.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 07:20 PM
If an argument against fan ownership is that we need a 'lender of last resort' why should we be used as a lender of first resort when the business needs a cash injection? That's not arguing against buying STs and the like, that's just being customers, it's questioning why we should have to put up money beyond those basics for no guaranteed return (as you would get if shares where issued in return for said money).

Football clubs command a brand loyalty that other businesses can only dream of. Hibs claim to have turned down a major sponsorship opportunity in the summer for moral reasons but HSL are now asking fans to top up a football budget out their own pockets. This won't go down well because of said 'brand loyalty' but there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough. I say that as someone who contributed to HSL from the start but what incentive is there to continue investing? Money being spent in an unspecified manner by the 'football depratment'. Where is the accountability in such a scenario?

eastcoasthibby
25-01-2020, 07:20 PM
The idea of fans contributing directly to a players budget whilst I am up for that, actually there is no guarantee it will boost our outgoings on the playing staff. What I mean is that if if we contribute say 500k a season to the playing budget what guarantee is there that the club then just take 500k out of what they have to spend and use it for something else or RG takes it out as profit ? Hence either the club benefit directly from our money in infrastructure and RG benefits by taking money out that the in haven't needed to spend. The other thing is that if the fans pay more directly and RG doesn't put anything more in, that the contributions make the team more successful and the value of the club goes up cos the playing side is more successful RG benefits again with no increased input from him, but he could sell and make a profit, without putting another bean into it.
So we pay and he gains without contributing anymore and we have nothing to show for, hence why the share scheme at least we had shares and influence on the club longer term ...if there is to be a scheme there needs to be a lot of guarantees about how all the money is spent ...and who benefits !!

matty_f
25-01-2020, 07:27 PM
If an argument against fan ownership is that we need a 'lender of last resort' why should we be used as a lender of first resort when the business needs a cash injection? That's not arguing against buying STs and the like, that's just being customers, it's questioning why we should have to put up money beyond those basics for no guaranteed return (as you would get if shares where issued in return for said money).

Football clubs command a brand loyalty that other businesses can only dream of. Hibs claim to have turned down a major sponsorship opportunity in the summer for moral reasons but HSL are now asking fans to top up a football budget out their own pockets. This won't go down well because of said 'brand loyalty' but there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough. I say that as someone who contributed to HSL from the start but what incentive is there to continue investing? Money being spent in an unspecified manner by the 'football depratment'. Where is the accountability in such a scenario?

Should be clear that HSL haven't asked fans to do anything just now.

This thread is purely done as a conversation starter about it off my own back.

Neither I nor this thread are anything to do with HSL (other than I'm a member)

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 07:30 PM
The idea of fans contributing directly to a players budget whilst I am up for that, actually there is no guarantee it will boost our outgoings on the playing staff. What I mean is that if if we contribute say 500k a season to the playing budget what guarantee is there that the club then just take 500k out of what they have to spend and use it for something else or RG takes it out as profit ? Hence either the club benefit directly from our money in infrastructure and RG benefits by taking money out that the in haven't needed to spend. The other thing is that if the fans pay more directly and RG doesn't put anything more in, that the contributions make the team more successful and the value of the club goes up cos the playing side is more successful RG benefits again with no increased input from him, but he could sell and make a profit, without putting another bean into it.
So we pay and he gains without contributing anymore and we have nothing to show for, hence why the share scheme at least we had shares and influence on the club longer term ...if there is to be a scheme there needs to be a lot of guarantees about how all the money is spent ...and who benefits !!

You just know that would happen.

TrapperJohn
25-01-2020, 07:33 PM
I would wait until our new owner lets us know the script.

I don’t think the club is being ran well enough at the moment to trust them with extra investment either.

This. :agree:

Pagan Hibernia
25-01-2020, 07:36 PM
Same here. I’ve paid in perpetuity since the start and at over the minimum, but I’m steadily feeling uneasier about doing so.

exactly where I am.

I joined HSL to help get shares in the club in the hands of supporters. Then after RG took over the majority shareholding I voted to have my contributions set aside for share purchase. Now I’m told that’s not an option anymore.

im going to cancel my direct debit I think. My monthly contribution will mean very little to Hibs but it will mean a lot to me.

None of this is HSLs fault but I feel disappointed and disheartened. We were made promises in 2015 and it seems to me they’ve been broken.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 07:36 PM
Should be clear that HSL haven't asked fans to do anything just now.

This thread is purely done as a conversation starter about it off my own back.

Neither I nor this thread are anything to do with HSL (other than I'm a member)

I get that.

However the email from HSL states that going forward 'all future funds will be used by the football department'. Whilst the end result of where the money ends up is essentially unchanged the return to fans is. HSL have changed what they are asking of fans, whether as a result of circumstance, or otherwise.

I stand by my previous point. If fans money, beyond that which they pay for the base product, is used to finance the everyday costs of running a football club then there should be an element of accountability. With HSL as it was that existed through the increased shareholding. That is no longer the case.

I'll be cancelling my payment to HSL until there is a clearer picture of where that money is going.

Smartie
25-01-2020, 07:38 PM
I’ve not got the money right now so if Hibs are lucky I’ll continue to buy a season ticket. For one reason or another it doesn’t represent value for me any more so even that’s a stretch. I’m likely to move out of Edinburgh within the next couple of years so in all likelihood I’ll be done.

I can’t say I have a great feeling about our new owner and I’m becoming suspicious of his motives. If that continues it will be challenging to justify to my other half that I am putting significant sums of money towards making a Peruvian millionaire richer over our own daughter.

I went to my first away game of the season today, first time in a while I’ve reached the end of the month with petrol in the car and twenty odd quid in my pocket. On many levels it was fun to do again and I’ve missed it but I’d be surprised if I do it more often.

In truth though, this is more about me than about Hibs.

Keith_M
25-01-2020, 08:23 PM
I'd want to hear what the new owner's plans for the club were before making a decision.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 08:33 PM
I'd want to hear what the new owner's plans for the club were before making a decision.

I think if we were seeing Ron push us on like Aberdeen's owner, or Dundee United's, folk would want to get on board with it.

I can't see many of us buying into an "I will if you will" proposition.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 08:52 PM
I'd be willing to re-start my HSL contributions, but I'd like to hear what the future plans are first.

GreenCastle
25-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Currently no.

No idea what the clubs plans are and what they actually see short and long term.

ST enough plus away games etc but that doesn’t really help Hibs.

What I would like to see are more detailed break down of what Hibs are looking to support..fans could then donate and see how close they are to target..but not see specific amount.

Youth Academy
Stadium
Community projects
Fans groups (for displays etc)

At the same time though - ST aren’t value for money so not sure I would
want to spend more or trust people to use the money wisely as recent past examples show it can be easily wasted.

Andy74
25-01-2020, 09:16 PM
You do realise that I was handing over cash and contributing before Gordon pulled the plug on the shares from HSL? Why would I want to top up how portfolio because he cleared a debt that was never going to be called I’m apart from the structure it was in.

Never going to be called?

We were paying it back at 500k per year.

He paid it off and now the football club don’t need to pay that money over any more.

Radium
25-01-2020, 09:16 PM
No. Money should be for a clear purpose. the fluidity of budgeting just means that the club can pretty much do what they want with the extra income.

I will listen to the plans, just hope we don’t have to wait too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
25-01-2020, 09:17 PM
I think if we were seeing Ron push us on like Aberdeen's owner, or Dundee United's, folk would want to get on board with it.

Aberdeen’s owners will be paying largely for infrastructure. Just what we appear to be objecting to.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Aberdeen’s owners will be paying largely for infrastructure. Just what we appear to be objecting to.

There's also evidence of them backing McInnes though - so there's a bit of both, but that said I accept your point. :agree:

Ronniekirk
25-01-2020, 10:16 PM
I pay just ten pounds a month just now Would happily increase this if more people were coming on board and all the money was going to player budget
Not interested in helping fund an indoor pitch

ahibby
25-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Voted no but I would be interested in a membership scheme similar to Aberdeens where the concept of the season tickets is changed to different levels of membership some which would include seats for every game. I pay for two youth tickets too so there is already quite a bit out of the household budget each month. Add to that probably half the away games and it must be around 100 quid a month. Hard to justify too much more than that and not convinced the money would make much difference.

I salute u sir

ahibby
25-01-2020, 10:42 PM

S Hes put in 3.5 million and will put in more. He should have security considering he is the one with millions if ever we should need some. I am satisfied we r heading in the right direction. We could never bail Hibs out if needed but he could. Jeez we went to STF cap in hand back then and I didnt here anyone complain.

James Stephen
25-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Ive always thought a good way for supporters to run sonething like this would be for HSL to collect donations on behalf of the supporters, but for them to hold that money in trust. Every year the members would vote that they are content with the money being paid across, based on the cluns plans for the money and the general contentment with how the club was being run.

If the the fans weren't happy for some reason, the money could be withheld in trust at HSL.

James Stephen
25-01-2020, 10:48 PM

I agree with this largely.

I dont give a flying one about an indoor pitch, we endured years of stalling due to infrastructure spend, i dont want to go through that again for a while.

Deansy
25-01-2020, 11:06 PM
I would but only if it was guaranteed that every single penny went towards the team - the Petrie years 'infrastructured' me out !

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2020, 12:21 AM
OP asked for reasons why folk wouldn’t donate, well for me it’s the equivalent of bumping into one of the players in Princes Street and handing him a tenner every month. This is someone that earns multiple times my salary, so nah, no chance.

I dread that this becomes the norm in Scottish football., ‘If we want to compete...”

Well I’m dead against it in any form. Live within our means and get a damn competent board in place.

The lack of sponsor was mentioned on the other thread, that’s a few years fans donations right there down the pan.

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 12:49 AM
With reference to the HSL/no more shares thread, if HSL rebranded solely as a method to collect donations to contribute to the club, would you be interested in donating and if so/not what are your reasons for and against?

The club has no debt, there are no shares to purchase so for the purpose of this poll, you can assume that 100% of your money will go towards improving the club.no. confused

1875godsgift
26-01-2020, 12:56 AM
no. confused

If Hibs were sitting outside McDonald's with an empty McFlurry cup, would you chuck in a tenner or not?

Sorry, that's a poor analogy, that's more like the situation Hertz were in.....!

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 01:18 AM
To answer the OP question........No......No .......definitely ****ing not. I buy a season ticket, I think that’s enough.

Honestly think the club have a cheek. I’m really starting to worry about this Ron Gordon chap.

It used to be that the club was charged with bringing in a right good manager who in turn would bring in some right good players as well as a mix of young and experienced players and mould them together.

It would then be up to supporters whether or not they wanted to commit to going every single week or not?

What I’m saying is, get the product right on the part and the supporters will come.
It really seems like We’re getting it so wrong at the minute and still wanting supporters to buy season tickets and to contribute more if they can. Na not for me Ron.

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 01:35 AM
If Hibs were sitting outside McDonald's with an empty McFlurry cup, would you chuck in a tenner or not?

Sorry, that's a poor analogy, that's more like the situation Hertz were in.....!the fact that you even mention Micky D, gies me the dry boak

jakedance
26-01-2020, 05:58 AM
No chance I’d just donate money to pay footballers that earn many times more than the majority of people that support them. I’m broke, they should donate money to me.

It should be a simple arrangement. If the club are well managed and playing well, more people will pay to watch them play. If the merchandise and catering is good more people will buy that too.

It’s a flimsy business model to rely on donations.

Dmas
26-01-2020, 06:38 AM
I think there needs to be some kind of a membership type thing, different levels of membership for the money paid in e.g £10 per month gets you 1 shop purchase per month 10% off, £25 per month 1 shop discounted purchase,prize draw, discount card for match day kiosks or something similar. Footballs too expensive as it is, to get a bit more I think they need to give us a little something for it

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 06:49 AM
No chance I’d just donate money to pay footballers that earn many times more than the majority of people that support them. I’m broke, they should donate money to me.

It should be a simple arrangement. If the club are well managed and playing well, more people will pay to watch them play. If the merchandise and catering is good more people will buy that too.

It’s a flimsy business model to rely on donations.

Hearts and Aberdeen have been heavily reliant on donations from wealthy benefactors and their normal fan base in the last couple of years. Its part of the reason they can spend more than us on players.

Onion
26-01-2020, 07:07 AM
Anyone investing money in a club or company should have enough information to make an informed decision. 3 or 4 years ago, Hibs communication, operation and ambitions were all clear. Not now, so it's a no from me.

BlackSheep
26-01-2020, 07:14 AM
Anyone investing money in a club or company should have enough information to make an informed decision. 3 or 4 years ago, Hibs communication, operation and ambitions were all clear. Not now, so it's a no from me.

I have to say, I’ve been contributing to Hibernian Supporters (HSL) for a while now, but since the takeover I have slightly reduced my payments and now I am questioning them entirely.

I am all for plowing extra money into the club but the lack of transparency isnt very encouraging. Simply saying it goes to the footballing department is not clear enough... there’s a clear need for recruitment and currently we as fans are not satisfied... so why should we keep contributing?

The message has been that our contributions will help bring in new faces, but right now it doesn’t look that way.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Anyone investing money in a club or company should have enough information to make an informed decision. 3 or 4 years ago, Hibs communication, operation and ambitions were all clear. Not now, so it's a no from me.Me and my family have been in HSL from the beginning and I'm now in the same place as you. We were motivated by the protective shareholding.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
26-01-2020, 07:36 AM
If we’re wanting a club to mirror, I’d rather it was Motherwell rather than Aberdeen or Hearts.

A core of some of the best young talent brought through the ranks supplemented by continual shrewd unearthing of top value unknown gems to supplement them. They’ve punched above their weight for years and years.

Producing the begging bowl to allow the club to operate inefficiently on an inflated budget is not how I want Hibs to be run. They’ve given us zero confidence that they know what to do with the money over the past 1& months (although I accept that they seemed to be very much on the right track prior to that).

JammyDoidger
26-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Only way I'd contribute is if it was for a marquee type signing, a player we couldn't afford, leigh Griffiths for talkings sake, id happily contribute towards his wages for example.

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2020, 08:09 AM
No chance, I purchase a ST that’s enough for me to contribute to any football clubs finances.

eastcoasthibby
26-01-2020, 08:24 AM

The infrastructure for them is the new stadium and therefore the additional payment purpose is clear for them. If they want to continue to still have a decent product on the park, then they need to subsidize that with additional income, because the budget for players will drop to help the new stadium cost. In essence, they pay to prevent happening to them what happened to Hibs, when our new stadium was built, the money predominantly went from the playing budget and on the field we suffered for years as a result, it looks like they are trying to reduce that impact.
In our case, what are our additional payments going to fund ? More infrastructure, an indoor pitch, more behind the scenes jobs, in sport science and recruitment, the reality is from what I take from all of this is, that there is a clear mistrust, that relates to what a lot of people see has been poor spending over the past 2 seasons income, and we don't trust those authorising it and also the void of the unknown, that rests with RG' s master plan. It is truly bizarre, that there has been no communication flow of assurance from our owner or Board, that they continue to allow massive speculation to go unchecked, with no re assurance, it seems like there is a disrespectful attitude, that the fans can wait, and an expectation that we will just accept and pay up and support the 'PLAN' ...maybe a large number will, but that number is reducing by the day I suspect. Yet there seems to be no concern or an uncaring attitude, that they may well be losing a number of fans committment almost daily!!
As a number of people have said, the silence is deafening and it's being filled with negative speculation, that's unhealthy, whether it's right or wrong, people will do that naturally, I actually can't believe that our Board and owner appear happy for this to go on.

Dmas
26-01-2020, 09:10 AM
If we’re wanting a club to mirror, I’d rather it was Motherwell rather than Aberdeen or Hearts.

A core of some of the best young talent brought through the ranks supplemented by continual shrewd unearthing of top value unknown gems to supplement them. They’ve punched above their weight for years and years.

Producing the begging bowl to allow the club to operate inefficiently on an inflated budget is not how I want Hibs to be run. They’ve given us zero confidence that they know what to do with the money over the past 1& months (although I accept that they seemed to be very much on the right track prior to that).

Motherwells unearthed gems have all come from lower league English teams this place would explode

Dmas
26-01-2020, 09:22 AM
I have to say, I’ve been contributing to Hibernian Supporters (HSL) for a while now, but since the takeover I have slightly reduced my payments and now I am questioning them entirely.

I am all for plowing extra money into the club but the lack of transparency isnt very encouraging. Simply saying it goes to the footballing department is not clear enough... there’s a clear need for recruitment and currently we as fans are not satisfied... so why should we keep contributing?

The message has been that our contributions will help bring in new faces, but right now it doesn’t look that way.

I get the point and it’s completely your decision to what you want to do with your money but what would be satisfactory with recruitment? We spent a lot in the summer backing the manager we had in place, now some would say we’re 2/3 short but what if there aren’t 2/3 of the quality that’s needed available? Just cause the window is open and we need players should we go out and spend the cash the fans are scraping together just to keep them happy or wait for the right guys and keep the cash until then...e.g summer window

The communication has to get better that’s for sure, I think we’ve got the right guy in charge now so if we’re going to compete with aberdeen we need to spend a bit more, should hearts manage to get their house in order that’s another team that will currently out spend us, we’re needing to come up with something that can get us all behind it to generate the extra money

Yorkshire HFC
26-01-2020, 09:28 AM
No. I've never understood why fans donate money to clubs. Ofcourse, people can do what they want with their money, but we have a management team running the club - it's their job to ensure that the club is sustainable.

I'm really not interested in Hibs finances, let alone other teams - I've got enough money worries of my own.

calumhibee1
26-01-2020, 09:45 AM
Nope. Couldn’t justify it. Got a season ticket and go to all home cup games and games at Hampden.

I absolutely love a holiday and while I love Hibs and football but I love a holiday just as much.. any spare money I have generally goes towards trying to get away two or three times a year.

I can hardly justify going to most away games on top of all that so I pick and choose them. If I found myself to have more money available then it would be going towards away games (or more holidays :greengrin) rather than donating it to the club.

Since452
26-01-2020, 09:49 AM
Happy to keep my HSL payment at what it is. Spend enough money on the club throughout the year

jakedance
26-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Hearts and Aberdeen have been heavily reliant on donations from wealthy benefactors and their normal fan base in the last couple of years. Its part of the reason they can spend more than us on players.

That’s true. I don’t understand why their fans do it either. I think it’s great if fans want to chip in to make my team better but it’s not for me.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 10:51 AM
You just know that would happen.

I don't. I'm not that pessimistic.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 10:58 AM
To answer the OP question........No......No .......definitely ****ing not. I buy a season ticket, I think that’s enough.

Honestly think the club have a cheek. I’m really starting to worry about this Ron Gordon chap.

It used to be that the club was charged with bringing in a right good manager who in turn would bring in some right good players as well as a mix of young and experienced players and mould them together.

It would then be up to supporters whether or not they wanted to commit to going every single week or not?

What I’m saying is, get the product right on the part and the supporters will come.
It really seems like We’re getting it so wrong at the minute and still wanting supporters to buy season tickets and to contribute more if they can. Na not for me Ron.

Neither the club nor Ron Gordon have asked for anything yet folk are distrusting their intentions and getting angry. :crazy:

Meanwhile hearts fans are sticking £1.5m into their club every year while we moan.

PaulSmith
26-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Neither the club nor Ron Gordon have asked for anything yet folk are distrusting their intentions and getting angry. :crazy:

Meanwhile hearts fans are sticking £1.5m into their club every year while we moan.

We all know historically why they managed to attract so many to give a monthly pledge.

They also have a goal which everyone believes in and it has a tangible benefit of being run by a Board elected by the contributors.

The club may not have asked for anything but they have stopped the Hibs community from owning more shares in the club, which is kinda opposite to their recent campaigns such as #WeAreAllHibs and selling the club as one with a clear community focus.

At this point in time I’m fairly relaxed and take comfort that there are significant changes coming (we’ll assume positive ones) but I do still have a few doubts.

heretoday
26-01-2020, 12:24 PM
I've spent enough on Hibs home and away over the last 55 years. I feel I deserve my concession ticket!

Joe6-2
26-01-2020, 12:46 PM
We all know historically why they managed to attract so many to give a monthly pledge.

They also have a goal which everyone believes in and it has a tangible benefit of being run by a Board elected by the contributors.

The club may not have asked for anything but they have stopped the Hibs community from owning more shares in the club, which is kinda opposite to their recent campaigns such as #WeAreAllHibs and selling the club as one with a clear community focus.

At this point in time I’m fairly relaxed and take comfort that there are significant changes coming (we’ll assume positive ones) but I do still have a few doubts.

Surely we should have had some info from R G and the board of future plans, then invite fans to contribute

Dom'sFirstTouch
26-01-2020, 01:16 PM
I currently donate and happy to continue as a season ticket isn't currently a viable option for me.

If it's basically going to be purely a donation to the club going forward, and Hibs want and foresee these donations as forming an integral part of our progression going forward, then there will need to be some changes. It will need to wedded to a clear and inspiring vision of how we're going to improve and probably rebranded as some sort of membership package where fans are getting some tangible benefit back.

It's a fine balance, Hearts (albeit in unique circumstances) have shown that it's possible for supporter contributions to give a club in Scotland a genuine financial advantage (one they've spectacularly squandered so far!), but pushing too hard for supporters already being bled dry for more isn't a great look and isn't likely to succeed.

Lago
26-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Football fans are pretty unique in their expectations, In no other form of business or entertainment would you have the similar.
RG has already put significant sums of money into the club, Sir Tom Farmer did similar but neither has received the thanks due. There has been the Oliver Twist syndrome of "please Sir can I have more".
If you want to buy a season ticket do so or not your choice. If you want to provide extra finance via HSL or through the club shop, do so or not your choice.
Frankly because people look South & see rich benefactors providing unparalleled riches to various clubs they think it should happen here, wake up call, it ain't going to happen.

JimboHibs
26-01-2020, 01:56 PM
I would make a one off payment,i never expect anything in return or want anything in return,were kind of stuck with each other.

Radium
26-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Trying to remember details from previous discussions here.

Is it in the clubs interest to have money gifted (through HSL or by individuals) as there is no tax implication.

If they set up a scheme with benefits would they have to pay VAT on contributions?

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Football fans are pretty unique in their expectations, In no other form of business or entertainment would you have the similar.
RG has already put significant sums of money into the club, Sir Tom Farmer did similar but neither has received the thanks due. There has been the Oliver Twist syndrome of "please Sir can I have more".
If you want to buy a season ticket do so or not your choice. If you want to provide extra finance via HSL or through the club shop, do so or not your choice.
Frankly because people look South & see rich benefactors providing unparalleled riches to various clubs they think it should happen here, wake up call, it ain't going to happen.

“Please sir, can I have some more” is pretty much what the club say to us at every opportunity.

Nobody on this thread has asked RP to plough more money in. The discussion is whether the fans should donate their cash to the club.

Captain Trips
26-01-2020, 04:06 PM
I donate via tickets etc, I certainly would not be giving out extra to pay people more wages than I get.

We should be able to compete as we are.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 04:11 PM
Pony up!!!!!

C’mon,like we don’t pay enough.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 04:14 PM
I would make a one off payment,i never expect anything in return or want anything in return,were kind of stuck with each other.

Why should you though??

To build another indoor training pitch down East Mains ?

It’ll certainly not go towards attaining a real quality player and maybe pay over the odds or higher wage.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Why should you though??

It’ll certainly not go towards attaining a real quality player and maybe pay over the odds or higher wage.

Do you know for a fact it didn't attract Doidge and were not paying him good wages? He's a quality player.

Sioux
26-01-2020, 04:32 PM
The bottom line is this: if we want better players we'll need money. If fans don't invest in their club, how can they expect anyone else to?

If we all pack in paying into HSL there's only one outcome. A downward spiral.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2020, 04:38 PM
I stopped my HSL payments a wee while ago, dont mind paying a bit to the team but it needs to be a hell of a lot more transparent before I put more cash in, although at the end of the day good players cost good money.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Do you know for a fact it didn't attract Doidge and were not paying him good wages? He's a quality player.

Yet to prove he’s a real quality player, let’s no get carried away.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Nope, they get enough out of me through 4 season tickets every season and other purchases from club shop etc.

Itsnoteasy
26-01-2020, 04:42 PM
No

The Modfather
26-01-2020, 04:57 PM
The bottom line is this: if we want better players we'll need money. If fans don't invest in their club, how can they expect anyone else to?

If we all pack in paying into HSL there's only one outcome. A downward spiral.

Agreed that we need to increase revenue but why is it just the fans that need to dig deeper? Did we think having no sponsor would help recruiting the best we can afford? Why have clubs like Hearts, Aberdeen & Patrick been able to find external investment and we haven’t? What revenue steams have the club grown? By all accounts our commercial side lags way behind Hearts & Aberdeen.

The tone of your post, if I’m picking you up correctly, Is that how successful we are is dependent on how much extra the fans put in on top of all we already give. The onus is on the club to to increase revenue and spend what we have wisely, not for the fans to continue to dig deeper and deeper to stop a “downward spiral”

Seveno
26-01-2020, 08:03 PM
I will delay any decision until I have been to the long delayed AGM and the chance to hear what Ron Gordon has planned for the club.

Iggy Pope
26-01-2020, 08:05 PM
I’m thinking I can probably find another tenner a year from somewhere all said and done.

The Baldmans Comb
26-01-2020, 09:08 PM
If you have an extra bit of disposable income that you want to put into the club then why bother with such well meaning nonsense such as HSL.

£10/£20 a month is far better spent directly on upgrading to an executive seat a few times a season or a full corporate day out or subscribe to Hibs TV or buy more merchandise in the club shop or my favorite would be buying a kids season ticket and donating it to the community guys.

I do a combination and in that way avoid all the internal politics and patent bumbling amateurism of well intentioned but a rather poorly structured HSL format.

Hibs benefit, I benefit and you avoid the middleman.

Diclonius
26-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Aberdeen's finishes last ten years: 9th, 9th, 9th, 8th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th.
Hearts' finishes last ten years: 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, lower division, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
Hibs' finishes last ten years: 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, lower division, lower division, lower division, 4th, 5th.

Top six finishes for them are the rule. For us it's the exception.

Hearts and Aberdeen fans are quite happy to give more because it's reflected in more money being spent on the team. When our ST sales go up it appears to have no discernible impact.

I pay £405 for a season ticket, another £150 for an HTV subscription and a good £100 or so on away tickets. That is currently going towards us sometimes challenging for Europe, sometimes winning a cup, and then five years minimum of "transition". I don't have confidence in further money being put to good use.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2020, 10:58 PM
On reflection I could be persuaded to get back into it through HSL again if someone like Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer were willing to transfer to Hibs fans as many shares as they wanted to buy in return for cash that went directly to our club.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Aberdeen's finishes last ten years: 9th, 9th, 9th, 8th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th.
Hearts' finishes last ten years: 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, lower division, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
Hibs' finishes last ten years: 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, lower division, lower division, lower division, 4th, 5th.

Top six finishes for them are the rule. For us it's the exception.

Hearts and Aberdeen fans are quite happy to give more because it's reflected in more money being spent on the team. When our ST sales go up it appears to have no discernible impact.

I pay £405 for a season ticket, another £150 for an HTV subscription and a good £100 or so on away tickets. That is currently going towards us sometimes challenging for Europe, sometimes winning a cup, and then five years minimum of "transition". I don't have confidence in further money being put to good use.

£150 for HTV?

1875godsgift
26-01-2020, 11:40 PM
On reflection I could be persuaded to get back into it through HSL again if someone like Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer were willing to transfer to Hibs fans as many shares as they wanted to buy in return for cash that went directly to our club.

Do they still own shares?

Bostonhibby
27-01-2020, 06:57 AM
Do they still own shares?Really couldn't say, they may well be amongst the nominee shareholders, but their current equivalent Ron could do it.

I can think of no more community orientated act than to put a meaningful chunk of the clubs shares into the hands of the Hibernian community. Sounds like it isn't going to happen though.

JimBHibees
27-01-2020, 07:55 AM
Why should you though??

But that full size indoor pitch should help develop both young players and signings to be better.

Chorley Hibee
27-01-2020, 08:26 AM
If you have an extra bit of disposable income that you want to put into the club then why bother with such well meaning nonsense such as HSL.

£10/£20 a month is far better spent directly on upgrading to an executive seat a few times a season or a full corporate day out or subscribe to Hibs TV or buy more merchandise in the club shop or my favorite would be buying a kids season ticket and donating it to the community guys.

I do a combination and in that way avoid all the internal politics and patent bumbling amateurism of well intentioned but a rather poorly structured HSL format.

Hibs benefit, I benefit and you avoid the middleman.

This sums up how I feel too.

Andy74
27-01-2020, 09:07 AM

I’m not sure if I’m missing some sarcasm here but this is exactly what the scheme was - and it was met largely with suspicion and disinterest.

Bostonhibby
27-01-2020, 09:50 AM
I’m not sure if I’m missing some sarcasm here but this is exactly what the scheme was - and it was met largely with suspicion and disinterest.Sarcasm alert[emoji6]

Ronniekirk
27-01-2020, 10:13 AM
Think it’s clear we need clarity from R G on his plans before some people are going to commit
I will continue paying monthly as long as I am assured the money is going to the player budget
If we are being asked to help with an indoor facility I would make a separate one off payment to that but not interested in making monthly payments to fund that

JeMeSouviens
27-01-2020, 11:08 AM
No.

Football is already far too expensive. The club should be aiming to grow revenue by growing the fanbase, not squeezing ever more out of the existing support.

Alfred E Newman
27-01-2020, 11:25 AM
I would if I thought that it would help improve the quality of players we signed or brought through the academy. As it stands I don't think it would.

The Spaceman
27-01-2020, 11:30 AM
We already pony enough up as it is. The club needs to be a lot more streetwise and commercially-minded than at present. It could make significantly more money out of, for example, our hospitality areas/function rooms, having an actual working bar Behind the Goals before games, better food and beverage offering etc. They have squeezed us enough over recent years and we have responded with record season ticket numbers. The fans have already done their bit. Time for the management to get it right on and off the pitch.

Not In The Know
27-01-2020, 11:41 AM
If it was directly into a Managers Bonus Transfer Fund then, Yes.

But like others im fed up us spending on infrastructure. Its an emotional game and hibs aint been stirring (positives) much recently. Fans helping bring a marquee signing to the club would be exciting.

LuncartyHibs
27-01-2020, 11:48 AM
I’ve paid into HSL since 2015 (as well as purchasing multiple STs each year). Primarily to reduce the risk of another Wallace Mercer scenario by ensuring enough shares were held by genuine fans that we could block any takeover and also in the hope that it might facilitate greater fan involvement in the running of the club.

If HSL are now blocked from increasing ownership I need to rethink whether this is something I want to continue contributing to or whether spending the money with Hibs in a different way as is being suggested here is a better option.

I’ll give it to the AGM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roxyhibee
27-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Yes I would.

Hibs are not my life priority and if I wasn’t fortunate enough to be able to pay a little bit, I wouldn’t. People have families and other priorities and money is tight for many.

I already have my HSL shares, season ticket, etc, but I trust the club to be well run and i’d pay (a small monthly amount) to simply give Hibs more funds.

It would have to be taken up by enough of my fellow fans who are in a position to give a bit more, be shown to improve player quality and show membership growth to justify continuing paying it though.

“A form of socialism - without the politics” Bill Shankly.

worcesterhibby
27-01-2020, 02:26 PM

I've contributed since day one, but my main reasons for doing so was to secure the clubs future by HSL having blocking shares. It feels like I would be better off buying stuff from the club shop with my money..at least that way I get something tangible in return. I'm edging towards cancelling too. At least Aberdeen fans get benefits for forking out, I'm struggling to see why I should continue if RG owns the lot.

Turkish Green
27-01-2020, 02:27 PM
I originally joined here to protect and get Petrie oot. Farmer and the 'tache are gone but I see no improvement. With Farmer you always felt he was benevolent towards the club, abeit at a price, but Gordon I am no so sure.

I will buy share directly. I do not trust HSL.

matty_f
27-01-2020, 02:31 PM
I originally joined here to protect and get Petrie oot. Farmer and the 'tache are gone but I see no improvement. With Farmer you always felt he was benevolent towards the club, abeit at a price, but Gordon I am no so sure.

What's your issue with HSL? That's not a wide question, by the way, just curious as to they've lost (or never gained) your trust.

The 90+2
27-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Sir Tom trusted Petrie, they are gone, is there any improvement as to what you expected when you wanted Rod out? What’s not to trust of HSL? Hardly conning anyone. Gordon needs to gain our trust.

jakedance
27-01-2020, 02:39 PM
The thought of donating money to a football club so we can, potentially, replace one overpaid player for another slightly more overpaid player, when just a few weeks ago we had a food bank collecting from outside the stadium is absurd. I understand that for some folk Hibs is the most important thing in their life or they have enough disposable income that they can make that emotional investment, and that's fair enough, but if I had money to give away it would be well down the list of my priorities. No doubt someone can pick holes in that logic but the entire concept is bonkers to me.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2020, 03:39 PM
I still contribute to HSL even though I was less than impressed by Ron Gordon's decision to terminate any further sale of shares. That tells me he doesn't want any partners, it's clearly going to be his club run his way.

That's fine because it doesn't make him any different from most other club owners. But it also means that if things start to go wrong the buck should and will stop with him. I'm happy to put into a fund where the money goes to Hibs and that includes spending it on an indoor pitch or rail seats for a standing section and of course player wages, basically anything that benefits Hibs as a football club.

But I want to hear what Ron Gordon plans to do to improve Hibs on and off the park. We've had the platitudes about community and hoping to be better in the league and achieve our potential and all that. How is he 'Ron Gordon' going to make that happen? How is he going to increase the club's income? When ( NOT IF ) will the PA system be improved for example. That's what I want to hear from our new owner that justifies me giving the business he owns free money ... Concrete and tangible proposals. If we don't get them my current attitude of 'what's the point of Ron Gordon' will only grow.

Sudds_1
27-01-2020, 04:17 PM
No.

I've got a ST, paid into HSL, bought shares direct, paid into the Hibernians, bought a stone, bought a tunnel tile etc etc.

I'll continue to buy my ST but beyond that I'm not sacrificing other things in life for Hibs anymore.

Same for me....50+ years conttibuting. Season ticket for 30 of those plus 2 large stones. Labour od love forme but there comes a time when you look at the product....and ask why give more for the same old.....

hibee-boys
27-01-2020, 04:38 PM
I still contribute to HSL even though I was less than impressed by Ron Gordon's decision to terminate any further sale of shares. That tells me he doesn't want any partners, it's clearly going to be his club run his way.

That's fine because it doesn't make him any different from most other club owners. But it also means that if things start to go wrong the buck should and will stop with him. I'm happy to put into a fund where the money goes to Hibs and that includes spending it on an indoor pitch or rail seats for a standing section and of course player wages, basically anything that benefits Hibs as a football club.

But I want to hear what Ron Gordon plans to do to improve Hibs on and off the park. We've had the platitudes about community and hoping to be better in the league and achieve our potential and all that. How is he 'Ron Gordon' going to make that happen? How is he going to increase the club's income? When ( NOT IF ) will the PA system be improved for example. That's what I want to hear from our new owner that justifies me giving the business he owns free money ... Concrete and tangible proposals. If we don't get them my current attitude of 'what's the point of Ron Gordon' will only grow.

The quality of the PA system seems to be a big bone of contention with a number of posters on here. Is it that bad? Are we missing out on some vital snippets of information? I'm up the back of the East and seems fine to me. The thought of the half time countdowns blaring out in stereo doesn't seem that much of a priority. Give me the likely 5 figure sum being spent on player budget anyday!

Irish-Hibee
27-01-2020, 09:08 PM
If 12,000 people donated £5 a month that's £720,000 a year. That would be a decent transfer kitty each year. Obviously the amounts would vary, some might donate more or their could be a lot less donating, I'm just trying to approximate going off season tickets.

For it to work however their would need to be full openness in regards to the amount the club have received each year.

I like others would be sceptical but I'd be willing to give it a go for 1 year and see then where we are.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2020, 10:33 PM
The quality of the PA system seems to be a big bone of contention with a number of posters on here. Is it that bad? Are we missing out on some vital snippets of information? I'm up the back of the East and seems fine to me. The thought of the half time countdowns blaring out in stereo doesn't seem that much of a priority. Give me the likely 5 figure sum being spent on player budget anyday!

In the grand scheme of things the PA system is way down on the list of priorities. But then so is stopping weeds growing through the terraces. Does it really matter if the players kit has grass stains on it from last Saturday? Who cares if the pies aren't great? Ach, so there's a wee bit o' rust on the superstructure. Ach, a few broken seats, its not like we need them all is it. OK so the entry system isn't brilliant, you only miss the first 5 minutes at worst.

The point is that when you start ignoring the basic stuff like everybody in the stadium being able to hear the PA system, its symptomatic of deeper problems, or what could become deeper problems. There should be pride in everything this club does, from the mythical tea lady making sure the cups are clean, to the players turning up for training when they should. Start ignoring it and you have a club in decline ... simple as that.

Just_Jimmy
28-01-2020, 02:30 PM
No. The club's wasted (and continues to waste) what they've already had.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
28-01-2020, 02:59 PM
In reply only to the OP's original question - no.

Although we haven't actually been asked to give more, if we were asked by the club today, personally I would say no. My reason? I don't have enough information yet from the club to allow me to make a decision about finances that affect me and mine.

:flag:

Green_one
29-01-2020, 09:19 AM
No. Fool me once, shame on you.

I have made many donations to Hibs but I expect at least a pretence at something back (slate, brick, shares)

Not happy about how the share position was simply dropped in a void of no new strategy

If I was, it would have to be to get a particular player etc Need convincing, not responding to a begging bowl.