PDA

View Full Version : Flo

greenlex
25-01-2020, 05:26 PM
I don’t think he is anywhere near the kind of player we need. If theres money on the table for him we should be taking it. Even if it’s 50p a week.

DetroitHibs
25-01-2020, 05:30 PM
He needs to be reigned in a bit. Cut out all the pish flicks and stuff.

Shrekko
25-01-2020, 05:30 PM
He’s a good player but I’ve never seen a guy make so many crazy decisions on the pitch. Early in the game he had 3 options on one side with 10 yards and decided to back heel it the other way with nobody even close by.

Would prefer to keep him unless it’s good money but he is replaceable.

G B Young
25-01-2020, 05:31 PM
I don’t think he is anywhere near the kind of player we need. If theres money on the table for him we should be taking it. Even if it’s 50p a week.

??

Been in the pub?

On his day a player who looks the real deal and at one stage I thought he had the potential to be sold on for millions. But he only seems to be 'on his day' every few games and his inconsistency is very frustrating. A consistent Kamberi would be a marvellous asset.

S4uzee
25-01-2020, 05:31 PM

Developed this Ronaldo image ... behave Flo son

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 05:32 PM
I agree. I’ve always been a fan of him but if someone is offering money for him I’d take it. He’s got plenty ability, but he’s not a team player.

Smartie
25-01-2020, 05:35 PM
He’s like the guy who turns up for 5’s and thinks he’s his hero. You think he’s a decent player because he comes away with a couple of decent flicks but his team lose every week because he has to be carried by his team mates and contributes little of substance.

There’s something about him but I’m getting a bit fed up of temperamental, inconsistent mercurial players and wonder if it might be better having someone who would just bury that chance when it comes along.

Hiber-nation
25-01-2020, 05:39 PM
For every good game he'll have at least 5 poor games. Dreadful today and rightly hooked, does my head in.

Centre Hawf
25-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Personally a big fan of Flo and I thought we looked worse when he came off. The amount of running he does too is often overlooked.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2020, 05:43 PM
Personally a big fan of Flo and I thought we looked worse when he came off. The amount of running he does too is often overlooked.

I think he does work pretty hard most of the time. But three league goals is nowhere near good enough. Because he chucks in the odd performance where he is unplayable, I think that gets overlooked.

Aim Here
25-01-2020, 05:46 PM
Every time we need a performance out of Flo, we need to tell him there's a scout from Man City or Juventus or Real Madrid in the stands that day. Maybe hire a ringer to put on a dodgy Mancunian/Spanish/Italian accent and say a couple of words to him before the game if he starts to get suspicious....

Onion
25-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Has the ability to play well, but doesn't show it often enough. If we bring in someone like McNulty or similar quality striker, Flo will be the one to get dropped.

Waxy
25-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Successful teams have forwards with impressive goals to games ratio.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2020, 05:52 PM
Needs to do the simple things well rather than trying to be a smart arse. He is a good player but Loses the ball to easily at times cos he tries the be to fancy

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 05:52 PM
I've never been convinced by him and even when we had the excitement of Leeann jetting to Zurich for his signature, I had some nagging doubts.

I've little doubt that Lennon's management of him left something to be desired, but I can understand his frustration.

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he was sold.

25-01-2020, 05:53 PM
He’s the most talented player at hibs

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2020, 05:53 PM
On today's performance he would be no loss but you could say that about a few of them.

kaimendhibs
25-01-2020, 05:54 PM
He’s the most talented player at hibsNo he isnt.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge

What makes you come to that conclusion?

No he isnt.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes he is

BoomtownHibees
25-01-2020, 05:55 PM

At what?

hibeerealist
25-01-2020, 05:56 PM
He’s like the guy who turns up for 5’s and thinks he’s his hero. You think he’s a decent player because he comes away with a couple of decent flicks but his team lose every week because he has to be carried by his team mates and contributes little of substance.

There’s something about him but I’m getting a bit fed up of temperamental, inconsistent mercurial players and wonder if it might be better having someone who would just bury that chance when it comes along.

Agree :agree:

theonlywayisup
25-01-2020, 05:56 PM

For someone who I think posts a lot of rubbish, I have to agree that you are 100% right with your comment. 😃

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 05:57 PM

This. When he keeps it simple he's an effective player. It's the attempted Ronaldo stuff that doesn't work.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 05:57 PM

That’s being played out of position 👍

hibeerealist
25-01-2020, 05:59 PM
For every good game he'll have at least 5 poor games. Dreadful today and rightly hooked, does my head in.

Aye and the ratio rarely changes, very frustrating watching him in a Hibs jersey.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 06:00 PM

There's a few in front of him. Allan and Boyle are 2 that spring to mind straight away.

Centre Hawf
25-01-2020, 06:00 PM

I have to admit I think he might be too.

Saint Hibee
25-01-2020, 06:01 PM

Agree 100%.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 06:02 PM
There's a few in front of him. Allan and Boyle are 2 that spring to mind straight away.

Boyle isn’t more talented than Flo’ by a long way.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2020, 06:04 PM

When, apart from the last two games, has Ross played him out of position?

Could actually be argued he’s more effective on the left at times.

Shrekko
25-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Just to avoid confusion .. what are we defining ‘talent’ as?

Somebody has just said that Flo has more than Martin Boyle so I’m getting confused.

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Hahaha you're at it!

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Very little point in being talented if you don't use the talent properly.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 06:06 PM

To be fair when he plays as a centre forward he doesn't produce as he should. i.e. Scoring goals.

Heckys Wheel
25-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Very little point in being talented if you don't use the talent properly.

This.

There’s a talented player in there. I’m sure you could put together an impressive YouTube video of his best bits but I can’t imagine any club sitting through 90 minutes of his pish and then offering money for him.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Boyle isn’t more talented than Flo’ by a long way.

Have to disagree there. Flo defo has talent, but my eye's tell me Boyle is a far better footballer.

DetroitHibs
25-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Have to disagree there. Flo defo has talent, but my eye's tell me Boyle is a far better footballer.

Flo could take a page out of Boyle’s book. When Boyle first signed for Hibs, he lacked quality and an end product. TBF to Martin he’s worked really hard and improved massively. If Flo got the head down and put in that extra work he could be some player for us.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 06:24 PM

He’s the more accomplished player at the moment, but talent wise I think Flo’ has it. He is more effective at times coming off the left also I would agree but I don’t think he’s as effective when not the main striker and it doesn’t help he gets little service through the middle.

WeeRussell
25-01-2020, 06:29 PM

Possibly after Scott Allan.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 06:32 PM
He’s the more accomplished player at the moment, but talent wise I think Flo’ has it. He is more effective at times coming off the left also I would agree but I don’t think he’s as effective when not the main striker and it doesn’t help he gets little service through the middle.

Flo can be whatever he wants to be. But he needs to work hard and earn it.

I'd also suggest taking those effing gloves off for a start would help lol

FWIW (And this goes for the whole team), we need a period of stability under JR. Style of play, settled team etc. Then we will see the best of our team.

Hiber-nation
25-01-2020, 06:41 PM
"Talented". What does the poster actually mean by this? By my definition Martin Boyle is far more talented. Probably Paul Hanlon, Joe Newell, Scott Allan, Stephane Omeonga as well. Maybe some others too. I'm a bit confused. And as for this playing him out of position theory, it's actually laughable.

J-C
25-01-2020, 07:11 PM
I think we seen the best of him when he was on loan, been decidedly meh since he signed with 1 good game in 5, needs to show a lot more or move him on and get someone else in like Nisbet.

Bronson
25-01-2020, 07:25 PM

If you think he’s more talented than scott allan you don’t understand football.

When he’s at it he’s very good, but plays with a billy big bollocks attitude 70% of the time which has grown extremely tiresome.

In the words of John Sitton, good players want to be good players all the time. I don’t see that from flo.

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2020, 07:26 PM
His flicks and tricks annoy the life out of me, just do the basics please.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Seems to have regressed at the same rate that Boyler has progressed.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Flo can be whatever he wants to be. But he needs to work hard and earn it.

I'd also suggest taking those effing gloves off for a start would help lol

FWIW (And this goes for the whole team), we need a period of stability under JR. Style of play, settled team etc. Then we will see the best of our team.

100% 👍

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 07:42 PM
100% 👍

We all want the same. We will get there. I can feel it.

#loveourteam

eastcoasthibby
25-01-2020, 07:46 PM

The first half today we played 2 up front and they were both poor, it happened before he can't play as a 2 either as his playing partner not players about him most of the time don't know what he is going to do next ...
Totally agree with his decision making it's mostly awful 4-5 times today he could have dropped the ball off to a colleague as an easy ball but no turns into or runs into 3 players, can play the ball off a defender for a throw nope tries a fancy flick ..and loses the ball !! As for his touch well most of the time it's terrible for a professional footballer ..I don't think he seems to have mind blanks and doesn't seem to know how to play the game! He can play no doubt but for 10 minutes in most games and with the odd good performance it's not what we need, he needs to get rid of some of his over confidence and play with the team !

BH1875
25-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Used to really bug me all the stick flo got but now I wouldn’t care if we let him go. 1 in 100 of his *****y flicks and tricks actually come off. First touch is abysmal. No one in that first half against Hamilton were good but he was absolutely embarrassing. Doesn’t look like he cares enough. I think JR is the man to take us forward. We will be a good team after a transfer window or 2. GGTTH

Diclonius
25-01-2020, 08:18 PM

He's second to Allan.

500miles
25-01-2020, 08:19 PM
He's one of our most important players. If he's not on the pitch, we struggle for an outball that can do any real sort of linking up.

25-01-2020, 08:33 PM
He's one of our most important players. If he's not on the pitch, we struggle for an outball that can do any real sort of linking up.

He didn’t show any of that today. People have been giving James stick for his performance today (quite rightly) but Flo was equally bad today.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Talent is relative. I base it on who I'd rather not lose from our team. Flo isn't top of that list.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 09:23 PM
I like Kamberi when he's in the mood but that isn't often enough for me to turn down £1m if anyone offers that much. And agree with the previous comments about the daft flicks.

MacGruber
25-01-2020, 10:02 PM

Scott Allan.

There's a few before Flo.

Flo is a talented player. He is the football player betwee him and Doidge whereas Doidge uses his physicallity and positional sense to be effective.

Constantly trying flicks and back heels and fancy turns to look flash doesn't make you talented, especially when you give the ball away the majority of the time.

HendoDelivered
25-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Underrated IMO.

Robbo6-2
25-01-2020, 10:05 PM
He was awful today, cost us 3 points with that miss.

penihibs
25-01-2020, 10:20 PM

Here Here!!

stoneyburn hibs
25-01-2020, 11:25 PM
I'd be amazed if we got any kind of money for him.
Great start by him at Hibs, that's about it.
He ducks at every goal kick directed to him, and quite clearly thinks he's better than he actually is.
Guaranteed we could get a better return for less money than him.

Smartie
25-01-2020, 11:32 PM
I'd be amazed if we got any kind of money for him.
Great start by him at Hibs, that's about it.
He ducks at every goal kick directed to him, and quite clearly thinks he's better than he actually is.
Guaranteed we could get a better return for less money than him.

He’s approaching luxury show pony with minimal end product territory and could do with scoring and assisting a few sometime soon.

Unseen work
26-01-2020, 04:02 AM
When he first joined his style of play and running style did remind me of Ronaldo. The way he would run with the ball directly, hold off opponents with strength, use the chop to cut inside and also his pace.

I thought he was destined to go to a good championship team as I thought he looked a brilliant fit for it. Able to mix it, big and strong but can play.

Since that 6 month his goal scoring record has been poor and his form inconsistent to say the least.

For me his decision making is very poor and often gets it wrong or over hits a very easy pass.

The flicks and that whilst look brilliant at times, kill all momentum especially when we’re under pressure and in desperate need of a striker to hold it in.

Im not sure where his best position is, other than Dundee United I think he’s been poor out wide and I think he comes too short to play as a like striker. When he plays up top he drops into the area you would expect your number 10 to be which in fairness isn’t a major issue but if he’s playing up to we need a much much better goal return.

He could be brilliant, but often isn’t.

Greenio
26-01-2020, 04:24 AM
Don't think he wants to be there and it shows. Still think he should have been moved on after he went behind the clubs back whinging about how his path to international football was being blocked

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2020, 07:01 AM

Me too was a massive fan of Flo's but hes been poor this season and would get rid

Not In The Know
26-01-2020, 10:50 AM
id take cash for him this window.

Keith_M
26-01-2020, 11:07 AM
It was reported in the Evening News last week that Lech Poznan had made an increased second bid for him.

If I thought we could sell him and get a better striker, then I'd say go for it. However, that's a big 'if'.

Phil MaGlass
26-01-2020, 11:09 AM
Should have kept Shaw and punted Flo.

Since452
26-01-2020, 11:12 AM
I thought Flo was excellent at Tannadice. Doesn't produce it often enough though which is a shame as when he does he makes a massive difference. Cutting about like Ronaldo isn't helping

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Flo can go. He is consistent only in his inconsistency. For a big powerful lad, he’s appalling in the air and doesn’t seem to know when to hold the ball up or when to gamble on a flick,

I would take cash for him now,

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 11:15 AM
My perception is that largely Flo is playing for Flo....I know I am simplifying the situation a bit, but his decisions on the pitch don’t often come over as a big team player...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim44
26-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Although I can see some of the negative points being made, I’m surprised at the degree and unanimity (almost) of the desire to get rid of him. I think we should be careful what we wish for.

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Although I can see some of the negative points being made, I’m surprised at the degree and unanimity (almost) of the desire to get rid of him. I think we should be careful what we wish for.

That’s a fair post...I’m not a big fan, but unless we could replace him with better, I’d rather it was the summer we move him on, rather than now....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robbo6-2
26-01-2020, 11:22 AM
I have been one of Kamberis biggest fans but after yesterday his time is up.

Never have i seen such an inconsistent player.

If we could get any type of dosh for him and get his wages off the bill we will be able to get better imo.

Pilrig_Sauzee
26-01-2020, 11:27 AM
He’s certainly Hibs most unpredictable player. I honestly don’t know if he’s the most talented but he has the most potential to develop and grow into a good player. For me he’s been a hostage to being played out of his optimum position, but hey,get on with it, he could be more effective and contribute more if he dropped the flicks.

If he’s sold iI’ll wish him well and be grateful we had him, but I won’t go into McGinn-level mourning.

Broken Gnome
26-01-2020, 11:31 AM
We're a better team with him in it.

Granted he is infuriating, quite often, and we could get someone more effective. But as it stands he should still play.

I'd be more of a mind to say get rid of his attitude was honking or he was quite obviously lazy. Not sure that can be thrown at him though.

heid the baw
26-01-2020, 12:22 PM

Totally in agreement. He is a different type of striker and a very good player. Steve Archibald didn't always look in the mood but when he was up for it he won games. Kamberi is no Archibald, but there is something about him that makes him an asset. If we don't know what to expect, how do opposing teams know what to expect. They can't ignore the threat he poses because he has proven what he is capable of.
I am a fan and think we are a better off with him in the squad as an option

Eyrie
26-01-2020, 12:51 PM

All depends on how well we replace him.

It was reported in the Evening News last week that Lech Poznan had made an increased second bid for him.

If I thought we could sell him and get a better striker, then I'd say go for it. However, that's a big 'if'.

For example, using the money to secure McNulty would be a popular move. Nisbet would be seen as a risk, but could work out well.

Dom'sFirstTouch
26-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Shows flashes of talent but far less productive than Doidge or Boyle. You watch him and feel like there's a player there, but we have to ask ourselves could we get someone on the same money (or maybe even less) who would produce more? My suspicion is yes, but who knows.

The Gorf
26-01-2020, 02:58 PM
[Q100% this. UOTE=Smartie;6056929]He’s like the guy who turns up for 5’s and thinks he’s his hero. You think he’s a decent player because he comes away with a couple of decent flicks but his team lose every week because he has to be carried by his team mates and contributes little of substance.

There’s something about him but I’m getting a bit fed up of temperamental, inconsistent mercurial players and wonder if it might be better having someone who would just bury that chance when it comes along.[/QUOTE]

chrisski33
26-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Maybe the most over rated player perhaps

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 04:31 PM
He’s got good qualities but we aren’t seeing enough of them. He needs to up his game.........Oh wait no he doesn’t because we have nobody to replace him.

If we did, I’d have sat his arse on the bench a long time ago.

Keyser Sauzee
26-01-2020, 04:33 PM
He’s playing for himself more than he’s playing for the benefit of the team at the minute, if he changes that then he’s a very good player for us.

J-C
26-01-2020, 04:48 PM
He’s playing for himself more than he’s playing for the benefit of the team at the minute, if he changes that then he’s a very good player for us.

He won't change, one of the reasons Lennon got very frustrated with him near the end, he was played out wide left to do a job for the team but continually looked out of sorts and head down all the time, even though he started as a winger you'd be surprised he did considering he doesn't look great out on the left.

ancient hibee
26-01-2020, 04:54 PM

So it wasn't him that laid the chance on that Boyle missed but fortunately Doidge was following in or the chance that Horgan put too near the goalie?Think that benefitted the team.

26-01-2020, 05:35 PM

I was a huge fan of his during his first spell with the club. Now not so much. I have difficulty with the statement above. Can anyone explain to me why he would qualify as the most talented player at Hibs?
In my opinion he cannot play with his back to goal. He can’t take the ball in, hold it up and lay off a decent pass to a colleague. He can’t control a ball when it is played to him. He can’t win head flicks onto colleagues. As a striker these are the sorts of talents I would have thought were required. He has scored a number of very good goals for the club but not enough and so I am at a loss to understand the above statement.

FilipinoHibs
27-01-2020, 06:20 AM
I was a huge fan of his during his first spell with the club. Now not so much. I have difficulty with the statement above. Can anyone explain to me why he would qualify as the most talented player at Hibs?
In my opinion he cannot play with his back to goal. He can’t take the ball in, hold it up and lay off a decent pass to a colleague. He can’t control a ball when it is played to him. He can’t win head flicks onto colleagues. As a striker these are the sorts of talents I would have thought were required. He has scored a number of very good goals for the club but not enough and so I am at a loss to understand the above statement.

Played well against United in the cup and second half versus Hamilton. Also good against Aberdeen. So much like the rest of the team. Injured for the Derby. Along with Allan and Boyle one of our three match winners.

LancsHibs
27-01-2020, 06:29 AM
By far the best football player we have got, attitude questionable at times? Yes.
I think he’s frustrated playing with the quality of some of his teammates and what he’s asked to do, I think, he thinks, that the team should be set up around him in order for him to shine, and he may well be right!!
I will be gutted when he eventually leaves us as I suspect he will go on to play at a much higher level, he certainly has the capability, it’s down to his attitude

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 06:33 AM
Take the Polish pound for Flo but before doing so make sure Nisbet has signed

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 06:50 AM
By far the best football player we have got, attitude questionable at times? Yes.
I think he’s frustrated playing with the quality of some of his teammates and what he’s asked to do, I think, he thinks, that the team should be set up around him in order for him to shine, and he may well be right!!
I will be gutted when he eventually leaves us as I suspect he will go on to play at a much higher level, he certainly has the capability, it’s down to his attitude

Scott Allan is by far the best football player we have got

green with envy
27-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Totally in agreement. He is a different type of striker and a very good player. Steve Archibald didn't always look in the mood but when he was up for it he won games. Kamberi is no Archibald, but there is something about him that makes him an asset. If we don't know what to expect, how do opposing teams know what to expect. They can't ignore the threat he poses because he has proven what he is capable of.
I am a fan and think we are a better off with him in the squad as an option

There's the difference right there.

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 07:00 AM
What I remember about Stevie Archibald he was always in the mood totally committed a 100 % professional never petulant you always got the same high level performance from him every game and a real team player

You sometimes got the impression that he would stop now and again look around and think to himself “ What the f#@k am I doing here?” After all he turned down Liverpool for us

Legend!

:not worth

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2020, 07:00 AM

When did he even last score a goal?? He frustrates the hell out of me, clearly has talent but his attitude stinks and I think we should move him on this window if we can

21sMay
27-01-2020, 07:04 AM
Far too inconsistent. Trys all the wee daft flicks and tricks. I am in the get rid camp . Just not good enough

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2020, 07:05 AM
When did he even last score a goal?? He frustrates the hell out of me, clearly has talent but his attitude stinks and I think we should move him on this window if we can

Does his attitude really stink? Is that a view taken solely from what you see on the pitch or the opinion of people who know him at the club.

Peevemor
27-01-2020, 07:08 AM
This is mental! Is anyone good enough for Hibs?

We should just get rid of everyone apart from Boyle and Allan (who's just been dropped) and we'll be fine.

B.H.F.C
27-01-2020, 07:18 AM

We should just get rid of everyone apart from Boyle and Allan (who's just been dropped) and we'll be fine.

There is a valid question there on Kamberi.

Anybody who has ever watched football can see he has a bit of ability. But does he use it often enough? Definitely not and 3 league goals 23 games in to the season shows that.

He really frustrates me because he’s obviously capable but we can’t just keep saying that.

LancsHibs
27-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Scott Allan is by far the best football player we have got

Both very gifted but disagree. Flo will play at a higher level than Scotty

bigwheel
27-01-2020, 07:24 AM

He probably will get a decent move..but the likelihood of him holding down a starting role and playing a lot of games is low for me ..not got the right mindset and application to play consistently at a high level ...maximum level will be English championship equivalent - likely in a league around Europe

Peevemor
27-01-2020, 07:25 AM

Anybody who has ever watched football can see he has a bit of ability. But does he use it often enough? Definitely not and 3 league goals 23 games in to the season shows that.

He really frustrates me because he’s obviously capable but we can’t just keep saying that.

OK. Let's send Dodge to link up with midfield and run at defenders and leave Flo to hang around the 6 yard box - we'll see who gets more goals.

(And I'm in no way criticising Doidge and the role he fills.)

B.H.F.C
27-01-2020, 07:34 AM
OK. Let's send Dodge to link up with midfield and run at defenders and leave Flo to hang around the 6 yard box - we'll see who gets more goals.

Is he even doing that effectively? I think Doidge is offering a lot more than just hanging around. In fact, it’s his hard work and running around that is getting him his rewards IMO.

Kamberi has more ability than Doidge, by a distance, but he can’t just rely on that. And whatever way it’ll look at it, there is nowhere near enough end product from him. He needs to be getting goals.

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 07:35 AM

Yes hopefully gets a big money transfer out of our club to a higher level

I watch him every week and I am firmly in the camp that he cannot play with his back to goal cannae trap a ball cannae beat a man and everything has to fall right for him to perform and yes he would probably prefer for everything to be set up for Flo to play and be the star and please oh please cut out the stupid flicks to no one in particular

Yes he played well Aberdeen home Dundee United away but we need to see it more often and goals would be nice

Omeonga a close second for most skilful :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 07:37 AM
He probably will get a decent move..but the likelihood of him holding down a starting role and playing a lot of games is low for me ..not got the right mindset and application to play consistently at a high level ...maximum level will be English championship equivalent - likely in a league around Europe
:agree:

Shrekko
27-01-2020, 10:40 AM

What’s the answer to your question? Who would get more goals?

Are you seriously saying Doidge doesn’t link up with the midfield? It’s ANY strikers job to do that and he does it very well btw..

The levels of excuse for Flo’s inconsistency are almost comical.

Shrekko
27-01-2020, 10:42 AM
What I remember about Stevie Archibald he was always in the mood totally committed a 100 % professional never petulant you always got the same high level performance from him every game and a real team player

You sometimes got the impression that he would stop now and again look around and think to himself “ What the f#@k am I doing here?” After all he turned down Liverpool for us

Legend!

:not worth
Are you forgetting that he more or less went on strike at Hibs ?

Yorkshire HFC
27-01-2020, 10:58 AM

LOL - best post I’ve ever seen here!

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Are you forgetting that he more or less went on strike at Hibs ?

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/forwards/steve-archibald

Ha Ha!

Hardly a strike

He played his last game for HIBS v Dundee United 6/1/1990 in a 0-0 draw

Later that month dropped totally from the squad for a midweek clash at Motherwell and hailed a taxi back to Edinburgh

I would say more of a personality clash with Lexo certainly not the first or the last I give you Dougie Bell and Budgie

There is an archive thread on here entitled Stevie Archibald where posters do not have a bad word to say about the guy a Hibernian Hero played 54 scored 18 folk testifying that he would train alone at Easter Road in the afternoon on top of that he got a hero’s welcome at the Pat Stanton’s birthday bash at the Usher Hall back in August

Steve Archibald should be nowhere near a thread on Florian Kamberi and I mean that in the nicest possible way :greengrin

Shrekko
27-01-2020, 11:34 AM
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/forwards/steve-archibald

Ha Ha!

Hardly a strike

He played his last game for HIBS v Dundee United 6/1/1990 in a 0-0 draw

Later that month dropped totally from the squad for a midweek clash at Motherwell and hailed a taxi back to Edinburgh

I would say more of a personality clash with Lexo certainly not the first or the last I give you Dougie Bell and Budgie

There is an archive thread on here entitled Stevie Archibald where posters do not have a bad word to say about the guy a Hibernian Hero played 54 scored 18 folk testifying that he would train alone at Easter Road in the afternoon on top of that he got a hero’s welcome at the Pat Stanton’s birthday bash at the Usher Hall back in August

Steve Archibald should be nowhere near a thread on Florian Kamberi and I mean that in the nicest possible way :greengrin

You’re being a bit presumptuous here as I was a huge admirer or Archibald - absolutely different class. He did actually disappear a couple of times during his spell though and played very little during that 2nd season. It was due to a fall out with Miller but he wasn’t always entirely respectful to Hibs during his stay.

Him and Flo are certainly polar opposites in terms of how they used their ability - no doubt about that.

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2020, 11:44 AM
You’re being a bit presumptuous here as I was a huge admirer or Archibald - absolutely different class. He did actually disappear a couple of times during his spell though and played very little during that 2nd season. It was due to a fall out with Miller but he wasn’t always entirely respectful to Hibs during his stay.

Him and Flo are certainly polar opposites in terms of how they used their ability - no doubt about that.

At least we agree on one thing

I was never a big fan of Archibald until he signed for us but what a player!

He would bring the ball under control immediately with his first touch be it foot thigh head or chest buying himself valuable time on the ball and he always seemed to have an awareness of what was going on around about bringing others into play or scoring himself

Jock Stein was a big admirer that was why he kept picking him for Scotland but Big Jock was also an admirer of Willie Hamilton and a certain Patrick Gordon Stanton

I have the image of Archie standing at the Gorgie Road end hands aloft Henry Smith sprawled oan the deck and the ba in the onion bag saved to my iPhone :greengrin

Captain Trips
27-01-2020, 11:47 AM

Being dropped would be deserved I would play 2 up Boyle and Doidge.

Frankhfc
27-01-2020, 09:11 PM
Flo would be a much better player if he would simplifiy his game by laying the ball off more to those in better positions or holding the ball up instead of constantly looking to take on one defender too many as is his instinct. He continually runs into trouble and more often than not goes on to lose the ball when the better option was to pass it to a teammate and retain possesion. He's definitely got the attributes to be a very good forward but his decision making when on the ball is not what it could be, hopefully Jack is working on that with him.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Flo would be a much better player if he would simplifiy his game by laying the ball off more to those in better positions or holding the ball up instead of constantly looking to take on one defender too many as is his instinct. He continually runs into trouble and more often than not goes on to lose the ball when the better option was to pass it to a teammate and retain possesion. He's definitely got the attributes to be a very good forward but his decision making when on the ball is not what it could be, hopefully Jack is working on that with him.

I think that's right.

I've never been convinced by Flo, but I think he would be a much more productive player, if he played within himself and dolif the easy, simple things well.

I won't be disappointed if he goes to Poznan because, although there's something there, I doubt he'll ever realise it.

lord bunberry
28-01-2020, 01:21 AM
That’s been his problem since we signed him after his loan deal. I tend to agree with those who say he’s the most talented player at the club, but that’s not enough to make him our best player. His decision making is awful at times and he appears to play more for himself than the team. I’ve personally run out of patience with him, but I’d love Ross to be able to harness his potential and make him a club legend. As it stands I’d take whatever the polish team are offering. Sadly.

Jim44
28-01-2020, 03:53 PM
I’m sure Ross will be aware of the anti Kamberi sentiment among the fans, especially if he reads this board and social media. It’ll be interesting to see if he bows to fan ‘pressure’ or stays his own man and tries to mould him into more of a team player.

ancient hibee
28-01-2020, 04:41 PM
How can people say he plays for himself when against Hamilton he played in Horgan and Boyle for open goals which they missed(fortunately Doidge followed up Boyle’s).In both cases he could have shot for goals himself.

flash
28-01-2020, 04:56 PM
How can people say he plays for himself when against Hamilton he played in Horgan and Boyle for open goals which they missed(fortunately Doidge followed up Boyle’s).In both cases he could have shot for goals himself.

People can say anything. Doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about.

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2020, 05:09 PM

Horgan hit that shot too perfect just the right height for the keeper really needed to lift his head and pick out the bottom corner

Maybe being too harsh on the wee man it all happened in a split second and yes well played by Flo and a superb pass from Jackson to Flo in the build up to the Doidge goal

According to Richard Gordon Doidge was “lucky” to score that goal :confused:

wookie70
28-01-2020, 05:17 PM

I agree with that and the same could be said for Scott Allan. I don't agree with those that question Flo in terms of work rate. I think he works harder than Doidge and covers more ground. Flo has played some superb passes this year and although he has been a bit in and out of form I doubt we will be able to replace him with better.