PDA

View Full Version : Refereeing

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Absolutely abysmal display from him, gave them everything and couldn't stop himself booking our players, who the **** was he? Dreadful.
Good point ground out today.

O'Rourke3
25-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Ref was dreadful. We got bookings and similar tackles from Well usually got play on. How there was no free kick or booking when Allan was halfed on halfway put the Iid on it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Who was he, I don’t remember seeing him before. After his performance today I hope I never see him again.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Ref was dreadful. We got bookings and similar tackles from Well usually got play on. How there was no free kick or booking when Allan was halfed on halfway put the Iid on it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That wasn't a foul. The Well player won the ball fairly.

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 04:21 PM
That wasn't a foul. The Well player won the ball fairly.
It was a clear foul.

Tynie01011973
25-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Who was he, I don’t remember seeing him before. After his performance today I hope I never see him again.

Refs name was Colin Steven, he is a rookie ref in his first season at this level.

He was ref when we beat Aberdeen 3-0 at ER in December.

Keith_M
25-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Absolutely abysmal display from him, gave them everything and couldn't stop himself booking our players, who the **** was he? Dreadful.

He was awful.

How that guy got away with the tackle in Allan is a mystery. Not even a foul given when it was a clear bookable offence.

He seemed desperate to book our players.

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Refs name was Colin Steven, he is a rookie ref in his first season at this level.

Cheers, didn’t remember him from that game.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 04:24 PM
It was a clear foul.

It wasn't. I thought it was the first time I saw it, but the replay showed the well boy won it fairly.

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 04:26 PM
It wasn't. I thought it was the first time I saw it, but the replay showed the well boy won it fairly.
I thought the opposite, I thought he had won it fairly until I saw the replay. He went through the back of Allan to win the ball.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 04:28 PM
I thought the opposite, I thought he had won it fairly until I saw the replay. He went through the back of Allan to win the ball.

Let's see what the highlights show us.

We might both change our minds again! :greengrin

Mind you, if you thought it was fair at first sight, so did the ref, so it's a bit unfair criticising him for agreeing with you. :wink:

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Let's see what the highlights show us.

We might both change our minds again! :greengrin

Mind you, if you thought it was fair at first sight, so did the ref, so it's a bit unfair criticising him for agreeing with you. :wink:
You have to remember that I’m a hypocrite :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
25-01-2020, 04:33 PM
He couldn't wait to book Hibs players and even the manager. He'll go far.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 04:42 PM
You have to remember that I’m a hypocrite :greengrin

:tee hee:

brianmc
25-01-2020, 05:07 PM
At least he never took the opportunity to send off Omeonga for a second yellow offense OR Doidge for a flailing elbow......
Though you could argue these 2 instances add to his overall poor display?

greenlex
25-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Thought it was a foul and booking at the game.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 05:30 PM
At least he never took the opportunity to send off Omeonga for a second yellow offense OR Doidge for a flailing elbow......
Though you could argue these 2 instances add to his overall poor display?

I didn't think the Omeonga tackle was anything other than a clumsy foul so the ref got that right.

Doige could have been sent off for the elbow, though.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:01 PM

Winning the ball isn't important anymore, just ask Porteous.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2020, 06:01 PM
I didn't think the Omeonga tackle was anything other than a clumsy foul so the ref got that right.

Doige could have been sent off for the elbow, though.

Doidge didn't throw an elbow, he caught the guy and even the yellow was a bit harsh. Omeonga was booked for a build up of fouls and I was ****ing raging when a foul was given against him and five well players went round the ref. Ross was not happy at all about that and ended up booked for it!

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 06:13 PM

I did say fairly.

It looked like he went in from the side and took the ball. I'll look again when the highlights arrive.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Doidge didn't throw an elbow, he caught the guy and even the yellow was a bit harsh. Omeonga was booked for a build up of fouls and I was ****ing raging when a foul was given against him and five well players went round the ref. Ross was not happy at all about that and ended up booked for it!

I agree, but players have been sent off for leading with an elbow. It looked even worse in the replay.

Shrekko
25-01-2020, 06:17 PM

Exactly. The guy went through Allan to win the ball. Free kick all day.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:43 PM
I did say fairly.

It looked like he went in from the side and took the ball. I'll look again when the highlights arrive.

Ryan won the ball fairly, just with some aggression in there as well.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 06:51 PM
They just showed it on Alba. That's a foul, you're not allowed to tackle like that.

brog
25-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Agreed, clear foul. I stopped it & frame by frame clearly showed contact before he got the ball. Regardless, as you say Matty, you just can't tackle like that now & the ref stood & watched it. I assume that's what Jack Ross was making to him about at the end.

angus hibby
25-01-2020, 07:25 PM
First half tackle on Omeonga was a shocker.

AlbertK86
25-01-2020, 07:38 PM

Disagree pushed him as he went through the back of him. Granted he got ball after he knocked Scotty over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
25-01-2020, 07:38 PM
First half tackle on Omeonga was a shocker.

Aye bad one but just a yellow. Just watched the tackle on Allan again and it's as blatant a yellow as I thought it was at the game.

Thought the ref was ok apart from that challenge on Allan.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 08:45 PM
The referee had a poor game. Omeonga and Newell were booked for nothing fouls and Boyle's looked to be dissent for pointing out the blatant foul on Allan at the end which the referee ignored.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 08:52 PM
The referee had a poor game. Omeonga and Newell were booked for nothing fouls and Boyle's looked to be dissent for pointing out the blatant foul on Allan at the end which the referee ignored.

Omeonga had committed two or three fouls previous and the foul alone was probably enough to merit a yellow?

Newell put his shoulder into the boys face, yellow card.

Boyle was booked for dissent, doesn’t really matter if he was justified or not but as soon as three or four more players crowd a ref one is going to get a yellow card.

There were a lot of fouls committed by Hibs today, maybe a tactic and thought referee was in the OK category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
25-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Aye bad one but just a yellow. Just watched the tackle on Allan again and it's as blatant a yellow as I thought it was at the game.

Thought the ref was ok apart from that challenge on Allan.

The fellah knew what he was doing when he took Allan out and looked as surprised as anyone at the play being waved on. With Hibs on a very dangerous break as well.
Yellow card clear and obvious.

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2020, 09:13 PM
The fellah knew what he was doing when he took Allan out and looked as surprised as anyone at the play being waved on. With Hibs on a very dangerous break as well.
Yellow card clear and obvious.

We had a 3 v 2 break with a great chance of creating a real scoring opportunity late in the game. I've not seen the recording but it looked blatant and certainly from behind which is a foul now 95% of the time. I couldn't believe play was waved on.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Omeonga had committed two or three fouls previous and the foul alone was probably enough to merit a yellow?

Newell put his shoulder into the boys face, yellow card.

Boyle was booked for dissent, doesn’t really matter if he was justified or not but as soon as three or four more players crowd a ref one is going to get a yellow card.

There were a lot of fouls committed by Hibs today, maybe a tactic and thought referee was in the OK category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that was only the second foul by Omeonga? Certainly didn't notice enough for him to be done on a totting up basis. That said, normally he'd have been booked for the subsequent challenge when he bumped their man in the air.

fishybeaver
25-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Newells booking was crazy

matty_f
25-01-2020, 09:33 PM

Wasn't even a foul, imho.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Wasn't even a foul, imho.

Didn’t the top of his shoulder hit the guy right in the coupon?

matty_f
25-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Didn’t the top of his shoulder hit the guy right in the coupon?

It might have but that doesn't automatically follow that it's a foul.

Hiber-nation
25-01-2020, 09:41 PM

Saw the game on Alba, definte yellow. Didn't think so at the game.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:48 PM
It might have but that doesn't automatically follow that it's a foul.

If it means the other player losing possession (after getting a smack in the face) and then falling on his backside surely it’s a foul..

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Never let the game flow at all. **** ref.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 09:49 PM
If it means the other player losing possession (after getting a smack in the face) and then falling on his backside surely it’s a foul..

Not necessarily. Newell's just used his body to get across their player.

brog
25-01-2020, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=PaulSmith;6057363]If it means the other player losing possession (after getting a smack in the face) and then falling on his backside surely it’s a foul..[/QUOTE

I only saw it the once but I didn't see any smack in the face. Possibly a foul but never a booking. Newell looked completely bemused.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:55 PM
Not necessarily. Newell's just used his body to get across their player.

But his shoulder has made connection with the guys face at the same time?

Think we’ll just need to agree to disagree on this yin!! :)

Vault Boy
25-01-2020, 10:27 PM
The referee was quite poor. Mostly to our detriment, but perhaps to our advantage a couple of times too. I understood JR's frustrations, although following Lennon and Heckingbottom's disciplinary records, hopefully he'll continue to be able to keep himself in the dugout. :greengrin

25-01-2020, 10:38 PM

Was cursing him today, particularly after the challenge on Scotty near the end. Didn't realise it was the same ref as the Aberdeen 3-0 game in which I thought he did a decent job of not letting them get away with their usual dirty tactics. Now I know it was the same ref I'll cut him some slack for today but I want to see that challenge on Scotty again, which I thought at the time was a stick on yellow/borderline red (if last man) and couldn't believe he didn't even give a free kick.

ahibby
25-01-2020, 10:44 PM

Agree and the fud deserves a very special welcone when he comes to ER.

ahibby
25-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Was cursing him today, particularly after the challenge on Scotty near the end. Didn't realise it was the same ref as the Aberdeen 3-0 game in which I thought he did a decent job of not letting them get away with their usual dirty tactics. Now I know it was the same ref I'll cut him some slack for today but I want to see that challenge on Scotty again, which I thought at the time was a stick on yellow/borderline red (if last man) and couldn't believe he didn't even give a free kick.

Being anti Aberdeen doesnt mean he isnt part of the Lanarkshire Lodge.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-01-2020, 05:59 AM
Terrible ref yesterday
Baffling that he only gave 45 additional time in the first half and blew the whistle when we were on the attack

Eyrie
26-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Terrible ref yesterday
Baffling that he only gave 45 additional time in the first half and blew the whistle when we were on the attack

Particularly since Newell was taking the ball into their box at the time.

Could have done with that timekeeping in the home games against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

Joe6-2
26-01-2020, 12:54 PM
The referee was quite poor. Mostly to our detriment, but perhaps to our advantage a couple of times too. I understood JR's frustrations, although following Lennon and Heckingbottom's disciplinary records, hopefully he'll continue to be able to keep himself in the dugout. :greengrin

I see a pattern, refs are notoriously bad in our games far too often

Alfred E Newman
27-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Terrible ref yesterday

I think he knew Hibs had just had a corner that shouldn't have been given and decided to blow up in case we scored in the follow up.