PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd

KingPat4
24-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Good to see the fat Hun ****** having a dig at Sparky over a 'Lack of professionalism'.

Seems to be ok now to have a dig at players suffering mental illness.

:furious:

24-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Boyd has shamed the memory of his own brother.

Jim44
24-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Let’s not give this Hun muppet some credibility by having a thread about him. Yes, I know I’ve contributed but you know what I mean. Best ignored.

The 90+2
24-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Boyd has shamed the memory of his own brother.

Pretty harsh tbh.

Wembley67
24-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Good to see the fat Hun ****** having a dig at Sparky over a 'Lack of professionalism'.

:furious:

Due to a mental illness does not warrant you suddenly being immune to criticism over behaviour. All depending on the situation mind you.

hibbysam
24-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Due to a mental illness does not warrant you suddenly being immune to criticism over behaviour. All depending on the situation mind you.

This was nothing to do with behaviour, it was to do with LG missing games of football. His stats were wildly inaccurate, He insinuated a bad attitude in training, with absolutely no facts to back that up, when in reality LG played nearly every game other than those he missed with injury, or due to mental health issues.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2020, 07:26 PM
More of a comment on Boyd than on Sparky

B.H.F.C
24-01-2020, 07:29 PM
Sky’s pundits for Scottish football are brutal; Boyd, Commons and Walker.

Boyd plays the game. Say something controversial, everybody talks about it, job done.

The Harp Awakes
24-01-2020, 07:34 PM
In the the last tic v hun game at Parkheid Boyd was a pundit and he was greeting his face off at half time about refereeing decisions going against the huns. Turned off before I could see his smug face at full time.

FilipinoHibs
24-01-2020, 08:13 PM
This was nothing to do with behaviour, it was to do with LG missing games of football. His stats were wildly inaccurate, He insinuated a bad attitude in training, with absolutely no facts to back that up, when in reality LG played nearly every game other than those he missed with injury, or due to mental health issues.

Rodgers implied he did not show up for training occasionally. But if you have ever suffered from mental health issurs you will know that you don't want to meet anyone and absentism from work is one way of doing it.

Hope LG continues to recover. Scotland needs him and he is a lovable Hibs bam.

hibbydog
24-01-2020, 08:21 PM
I’m confused about Kris Boyd.

On the one hand he’s suffered a terrible loss and is doing great work for people with mental health problems. Good on him.

On the other hand, he’s a despicable attention seeking hun. He tries to be controversial but he’s just not smart enough to pull it off. Total dick!

Change my mind depending on what mood I’m in.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2020, 11:15 PM

I don't think CB knows the story but I will guess he knows more than you and I don't think either of you have enough info to make a well reasoned decision.

California-Hibs
24-01-2020, 11:18 PM

Boyd plays the game. Say something controversial, everybody talks about it, job done.

Yep, I've always preferred BT Sports pundits over that lot big time

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 12:05 AM
I don’t mind Boyd, he’s like Sutton in so many ways, but just a bit less articulate. The point he’s making about Griffiths is a valid one, he’s just not making it very well. The fact that he can’t even get his stats right make him look extremely amateurish which is in keeping with Sky’s overall performance regarding match coverage. How hard can it be to find a decent host and a few decent pundits? The problem is they always seem to want an ex Celtic and ex Rangers player. Their coverage is akin to watching paint dry.

Smartie
25-01-2020, 12:51 AM
I don’t mind Boyd, he’s like Sutton in so many ways, but just a bit less articulate. The point he’s making about Griffiths is a valid one, he’s just not making it very well. The fact that he can’t even get his stats right make him look extremely amateurish which is in keeping with Sky’s overall performance regarding match coverage. How hard can it be to find a decent host and a few decent pundits? The problem is they always seem to want an ex Celtic and ex Rangers player. Their coverage is akin to watching paint dry.

I quite like Boyd as well.

He’s misjudged the sensitivity surrounding this one a wee bit though.

lord bunberry
25-01-2020, 02:35 AM
I quite like Boyd as well.

He’s misjudged the sensitivity surrounding this one a wee bit though.
He probably has, but I do think he was looking at it from a football point of view. Obviously there’s other factors at play here.

pacoluna
25-01-2020, 02:58 AM
Pretty harsh tbh.

No it's not.

pacoluna
25-01-2020, 03:01 AM
He probably has, but I do think he was looking at it from a football point of view. Obviously there’s other factors at play here.

Don't be so naive, it's personal.

Greencore
25-01-2020, 03:05 AM
No it's not.

Yes it is.

Stokesy's on fire
25-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Boyd has absolutely no class

hibbysam
25-01-2020, 07:14 AM
I don't think CB knows the story but I will guess he knows more than you and I don't think either of you have enough info to make a well reasoned decision.

Not sure what you even mean there or who CB is?

The simple facts are Kris Boyd took to national tv to slate Griffiths about his work ethic and attitude in training being the reason he has only played 34 times in 135 games.

The real stats are: 136 games, 72 appearances, 27 injured and 23 due to time off for mental health issues.

This means he has not made the squad or off the bench in 14 games over that period when not injured/suspended/unavailable. While competing with Dembele and Edouard for one single centre forward slot, those stats are fairly reasonable, not that of someone who Fanny’s about not giving a chance toss, and that is where Boyd should be apologising for.

His statement is even more embarrassing as he completely misses the point of why people are rightfully angry, nobody was talking about him mentioning Griffiths’ mental strength, it was the fact he slated him for missing games of football which were mostly for the reasons stated above.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-01-2020, 07:21 AM
Maybe he should stick to things he actually knows about like colours and the names of animals :)

Fuzzywuzzy
25-01-2020, 07:45 AM
Probably a ridiculous question but has anyone in the media called him out on his comments?

jacomo
25-01-2020, 07:54 AM

Boyd is like scottish football’s Piers Morgan... fat and obnoxious.

KingPat4
25-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Probably a ridiculous question but has anyone in the media called him out on his comments?

Not heard anyone do that yet, but would hope that Micheal Stewart might.

oneone73
25-01-2020, 10:17 AM

Yes. Graeme McGarry in The Herald.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Says a lot about "Boydy " that he has to go on the offensive to explain his comments and he is taking the line that people are not understanding, rather than that he hasn't explained himself. Similarities to that piece that Commons did about us. Badly judged and open to accusations of look at me.

KingPat4
25-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Says a lot about "Boydy " that he has to go on the offensive to explain his comments and he is taking the line that people are not understanding, rather than that he hasn't explained himself. Similarities to that piece that Commons did about us. Badly judged and open to accusations of look at me.

Stupid people like Boyd never have the grace to apologise and move on.

:no way:

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 01:50 PM

The Commons piece was a transparent hatchet job aimed at Dempster for sacking his mate Lennon. Very little in it about the team.

Crab apple
25-01-2020, 02:24 PM

They are truly awful. BT much better,

WestCoastHibby
25-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Let’s not give this Hun muppet some credibility by having a thread about him. Yes, I know I’ve contributed but you know what I mean. Best ignored.

But comment on the thread that you don’t want......jeez

WestCoastHibby
25-01-2020, 02:52 PM
To add further. Plenty people suffer from anxiety, stress, depression etc.
However they don’t use it as an excuse for nonsense behaviours.
The whole old firm ”whataboutery ” is a load of old pony
Each side as paranoid as the other

Deansy
25-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Boyd is, always has been and always will be, S*um - end of !

Since90+2
25-01-2020, 04:27 PM
To add further. Plenty people suffer from anxiety, stress, depression etc.
However they don’t use it as an excuse for nonsense behaviours.
The whole old firm ”whataboutery ” is a load of old pony
Each side as paranoid as the other

I think the difference with professional football players is they are in the spotlight infront of thousands of people and are regularly abused at their place of work.

Anyone who has to face that and mental health issues is likely to do the odd bit of "nonsense behaviour" as you put it.

EI255
25-01-2020, 08:11 PM

:furious:Think he'll live to regret his remarks.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

DavieRoy
27-01-2020, 12:14 AM
They are truly awful. BT much better,

BT talked a good game then bid nowhere near what the league were getting just now never mind an increase.

That says it all. Sky are pay the SPFL more money for less games. I will take that when it means Hibernian get more money and have less games moved for TV.

The BT pundits can do what they want. They talk us the game but don’t up the bid!

Kaff
27-01-2020, 10:35 AM
BT talked a good game then bid nowhere near what the league were getting just now never mind an increase.

That says it all. Sky are pay the SPFL more money for less games. I will take that when it means Hibernian get more money and have less games moved for TV.

The BT pundits can do what they want. They talk us the game but don’t up the bid!

Changing the course of this thread a bit, Sky aren't the best at promoting our game but now is surely the time for the high heid yins at SPFL to go with some proposals that gives Sky the chance to but some glamour back into Scottish football, they're losing traction on BT with EPL, lost Champions League/Europa and other European leagues. As it stands SPL is just a bit of channel filler plus the Old Firm matches, pump serious money in and they will have a far better product than the English Championship, I'm sure if there was a branding project led by Sky which gave other Scottish clubs chance to compete for that level of player and therefore go deeper into Europe as well as provide exciting league football they would go for it.
Although the standard of the game wasn't great yesterday it was exciting and good atmosphere, English friends of mine have commented how they enjoyed our Derby and cup game recently for the same reasons.
Full grounds and committed football will sell our game on TV.
And get rid of plastic pitches, which is all about finance of course, and help all clubs upgrade the quality of their grass surfaces.