PDA

View Full Version : future plans?

craigiehibs
23-01-2020, 02:37 PM
well here we are approaching the end of january.. and still we await any signature actions or outline of plans for hfc from our new owner. surely enough time now to have reviewed our plans for change? i dont buy the "wait till the window is shut" arguement. other clubs know we arent swimming in cash anyway. thoughts?

joe t
23-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Happy to wait until the window shuts.

Jack
23-01-2020, 04:56 PM
We're swimming in cash. Minted!

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Could be worse we could be where Hearts are

Wee Ron’s got our best interests at heart

Happy to wait

Mind the gap!

Davy Mac
23-01-2020, 05:38 PM
In my opinion, 1st lesson in business, never promise something you can't deliver, especially to a large audience like the Hibs support.

Cataplana
23-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Will we be filling in the corners?

Pagan Hibernia
23-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Are we ever going to have an AGM again?

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Are we ever going to have an AGM again?

:I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

Onion
23-01-2020, 06:06 PM
well here we are approaching the end of january.. and still we await any signature actions or outline of plans for hfc from our new owner. surely enough time now to have reviewed our plans for change? i dont buy the "wait till the window is shut" arguement. other clubs know we arent swimming in cash anyway. thoughts?

Got to hope Ron Gordon isn't paying £££ to anyone for his PR as CE of Hibs. Been a shocking period for him since he took over the club, with little to no evidence of him doing anything constructive.

Maybe he's a Doidge and will come good in time. Hopefully he'll start scoring a few goals shortly.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Got to hope Ron Gordon isn't paying £££ to anyone for his PR as CE of Hibs. Been a shocking period for him since he took over the club, with little to no evidence of him doing anything constructive.

Maybe he's a Doidge and will come good in time. Hopefully he'll start scoring a few goals shortly.

So you have no evidence of him doing 'anything constructive' so you have another pop?

Maybe he should share minutes of all his meetings? Would that help you?

Getting boring now tbh.

The 90+2
23-01-2020, 06:16 PM
So you have no evidence of him doing 'anything constructive' so you have another pop?

Maybe he should share minutes of all his meetings? Would that help you?

Getting boring now tbh.

Surely you can see how extremely frustrating it is not hearing from our owner or his main plans 7 months in?

Jones28
23-01-2020, 06:19 PM

Shocking 😂😂

What exactly has been shocking?

Stuart93
23-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Surely you can see how extremely frustrating it is not hearing from our owner or his main plans 7 months in?

We’ve have heard from him to be honest

Did he not do a ten minute interview around November December time?

There’ll be more to come

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2020, 06:27 PM

To be honest not really. I'm quite relaxed. I've no doubt something will be presented in the not to distant future.

It's the sly digs I can't be arsed with.

Pagan Hibernia
23-01-2020, 06:39 PM
I just find it ridiculous that a year and a half after selling McGinn, and a little European adventure, we still don’t know what the finances are like

hibbyfraelibby
23-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Will we be filling in the corners?

No...next

Jamesie
23-01-2020, 06:57 PM
Will need to come out with something to galvanise season ticket sales

Greencore
23-01-2020, 06:59 PM
I just find it ridiculous that a year and a half after selling McGinn, and a little European adventure, we still don’t know what the finances are like

Shhhh, you're talking too much sense.

The 90+2
23-01-2020, 07:12 PM
We’ve have heard from him to be honest

Did he not do a ten minute interview around November December time?

There’ll be more to come

Aye but that’s no enough from a new owner, surely?

The 90+2
23-01-2020, 07:14 PM
To be honest not really. I'm quite relaxed. I've no doubt something will be presented in the not to distant future.

It's the sly digs I can't be arsed with.

When we didn’t get a sponsor, got bought over by a random, our coaches are pleading poverty in the transfer market I can see why there’s total frustration and apprehension.

I don’t see sly digs tbh.

Keith_M
23-01-2020, 07:17 PM
The new stadium plans have just been delayed a bit, or they would have announced it by now.

I think they've still to decide on the colour of the seats.

we are hibs
23-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Dempster said in the opening press conference when ron gordon joined that we would hear more about the plans in the coming weeks and months. Didnt happen.

Then in november ron gordon said January which is fair enough and might still happen but time is ticking on. Maybe they shouldnt put a timeframe on stuff if they cant deliver it though. Why not just say end of the season instead of backing themselves into a corner and getting fans backs up if/when it doesnt happen? Has there actually been a date set for the AGM yet?

The 90+2
23-01-2020, 07:39 PM
Dempster said in the opening press conference when ron gordon joined that we would hear more about the plans in the coming weeks and months. Didnt happen.

Then in november ron gordon said January which is fair enough and might still happen but time is ticking on. Maybe they shouldnt put a timeframe on stuff if they cant deliver it though. Why not just say end of the season instead of backing themselves into a corner and getting fans backs up if/when it doesnt happen? Has there actually been a date set for the AGM yet?

I think if Sir Tom sells to Gordon and Gordon says he’s delighted he’s bought us but see you after the end of next season there would be carnage. It is looking more likely that’s going to be the case though.

Jack
23-01-2020, 07:46 PM
I heard the scaffolding around the FF was there to mount a huge can of Red Bull and the renaming of the stadium.

I didn't really but that's the sort of crap that comes about from an information vacuum.

And we don't want to be treated like mushrooms.

we are hibs
23-01-2020, 07:51 PM
I think if Sir Tom sells to Gordon and Gordon says he’s delighted he’s bought us but see you after the end of next season there would be carnage. It is looking more likely that’s going to be the case though.

If he had just been honest and said i will take a season to take stock, see whats what (whos useful/useless) and then after that we will see some changes beginning to take shape then people wouldnt be becoming increasingly impatient when timeframes are put on things that arent met. At the minute theres very little communication about the whole thing although there has been a bit of a improvement in things like behind the scenes stuff (omeonga medical) short games with players ect which is a start on that front.

jacomo
23-01-2020, 08:01 PM

Transfer business is more time sensitive.

I’d rather we focus on that tbh.

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2020, 08:06 PM
I worry about it as every day passes without a word from him. I had trouble concentrating on the action on the pitch last night for fear of not knowing what the future holds. Come on Ron this is a nail biting time for Hibs fans, give us a sign, anything to give us hope and settle our nerves.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Aye but that’s no enough from a new owner, surely?

Personally I've seen and heard enough so far to be comfortable that he is going to improve the club.

Appreciate some people are a bit less patient though.

ancient hibee
23-01-2020, 08:52 PM
I worry about it as every day passes without a word from him. I had trouble concentrating on the action on the pitch last night for fear of not knowing what the future holds. Come on Ron this is a nail biting time for Hibs fans, give us a sign, anything to give us hope and settle our nerves.
I couldn’ t celebrate the winning goal because I was worrying about the AGM date.

Pagan Hibernia
23-01-2020, 08:58 PM
I couldn’ t celebrate the winning goal because I was worrying about the AGM date.

really don’t see the point in the sarcasm.

Its perfectly possible to be both completely absorbed in what’s happening on the pitch and curious about what’s going on off it. They’re not mutually exclusive.

ancient hibee
23-01-2020, 09:04 PM
When you get to my age you can only think of one thing at a time

linlithgowhibbie
23-01-2020, 09:27 PM
The new stadium plans have just been delayed a bit, or they would have announced it by now.

I think they've still to decide on the colour of the seats.

As long as we remember to order them!!:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2020, 12:41 AM
Loving the glib sarcasm of some of the replies. So lets have a wee look at the 7 months since Ron Gordon took over:

A 10 minute interview in which he said he had good intentions for the club. Following which pretty well nothing.

A stop put to any further sale of shares to supporters, halting at a stroke the avowed intention of the previous owner and putting into question the fans ability to stop the club being asset stripped if it came to that.

A major semi final where the club's fans were so convinced ( rightly as it turned out ) that we had no chance, we enjoyed our worst support for a game at Hampden since the Dunfermline replay 12 years earlier ... and that was a midweek replay whose appalling attendance so alarmed the SFA they decided shortly after to play semis to a finish.

A manager sacked ... rightly, so I'm not complaining, but it still isn't a tick in the positive column.

A CEO with a great record for fan engagement, who is now as vocal as Harpo Marx.

A team which though certainly competitive enough to be top 6 looks a bit short of being a challenger for European places. That's not Ron Gordon's fault or Jack Ross's either at this point ... but what's the next step which will address that issue?

Tangible evidence that the current state of the club is leading to a loss of support at home games, with season ticket holders failing to turn up in numbers that suggests its not just the usual few percent who as a matter of course decide not to attend, or cant for whatever reason. Our half season ticket sales were obviously nothing to crow about either.

A PA system which has gone from just being difficult to hear in the east to being non existent there and in the FF stand ... so much so that I had to ask folk who had scored the winner as I left the stadium on Wednesday night. I'm not expecting our new regime to deliver the champions league, or even the premier league, but FFS if they baulk at the cost of a few metres of cable and some speakers it hardly points to club owners willing to ante up for a competitive team. What happens if the scoreboard breaks, will that be left to rot too?

The lack of a shirt sponsor dressed up as a decision to advertise the clubs own community foundation. We aren't Barcelona that we can afford to deliberately set aside one of the club's major sources of income.

Chuck in a card entry system that's been a pain in the arse all season and can anybody be surprised that after 7 months as owner folk would like to hear a bit more from Ron Gordon about what his intentions are for this club other than platitudes about 'community' and wanting the best for Hibs. Where are the concrete proposals?

Oh and PS .... Whatever did happen to the so called fantastic deal with the NHS?

The 90+2
24-01-2020, 12:51 AM
Loving the glib sarcasm of some of the replies. So lets have a wee look at the 7 months since Ron Gordon took over:

A 10 minute interview in which he said he had good intentions for the club. Following which pretty well nothing.

A stop put to any further sale of shares to supporters, halting at a stroke the avowed intention of the previous owner and putting into question the fans ability to stop the club being asset stripped if it came to that.

A major semi final where the club's fans were so convinced ( rightly as it turned out ) that we had no chance, we enjoyed our worst support for a game at Hampden since the Dunfermline replay 12 years earlier ... and that was a midweek replay whose appalling attendance so alarmed the SFA they decided shortly after to play semis to a finish.

A manager sacked ... rightly, so I'm not complaining, but it still isn't a tick in the positive column.

A CEO with a great record for fan engagement, who is now as vocal as Harpo Marx.

A team which though certainly competitive enough to be top 6 looks a bit short of being a challenger for European places. That's not Ron Gordon's fault or Jack Ross's either at this point ... but what's the next step which will address that issue?

Tangible evidence that the current state of the club is leading to a loss of support at home games, with season ticket holders failing to turn up in numbers that suggests its not just the usual few percent who as a matter of course decide not to attend, or cant for whatever reason. Our half season ticket sales were obviously nothing to crow about either.

A PA system which has gone from just being difficult to hear in the east to being non existent there and in the FF stand ... so much so that I had to ask folk who had scored the winner as I left the stadium on Wednesday night. I'm not expecting our new regime to deliver the champions league, or even the premier league, but FFS if they baulk at the cost of a few metres of cable and some speakers it hardly points to club owners willing to ante up for a competitive team. What happens if the scoreboard breaks, will that be left to rot too?

Chuck in a card entry system that's been a pain in the arse all season and can anybody be surprised that after 7 months as owner folk would like to hear a bit more from Ron Gordon about what his intentions are for this club other than platitudes about 'community' and wanting the best for Hibs. Where are the concrete proposals?

Oh and PS .... Whatever did happen to the so called fantastic deal with the NHS?

Nailed it. The worst part of all of that is there’s been absolutely no positive moves since he’s taken over. None.

Don’t start anyone “but he’s cleared the debt *****”

I thought the big plan was his money going into the indoor sports facility? Has the plans even been put in place yet? What’s McGinns money been wasted on? What’s the £1m Gordon put in as well as clearing the payments of £500k to Sir Tom went to? Dinnae tell me Josh Vela’s pension.!

We sit in a position having to sell Oli Shaw to try get someone else in. We got a massively poor return on the likes of Milligan’s wages going in the summer, McNulty and Omeonga too.

What was it the NHS deal took away in the North stand? But it was to benefit us for years to come. And why is the space in the stadium never being used when the building across the road from the West is being used every single week as teaching facilities and conferences that they advertise in the shadow of Easter road?

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Nailed it. The worst part of all of that is there’s been absolutely no positive moves since he’s taken over. None.

Don’t start anyone “but he’s cleared the debt *****”

I thought the big plan was his money going into the indoor sports facility? Has the plans even been put in place yet? What’s McGinns money been wasted on? What’s the £1m Gordon put in as well as clearing the payments of £500k to Sir Tom went to? Dinnae tell me Josh Vela’s pension.!

We sit in a position having to sell Oli Shaw to try get someone else in. We got a massively poor return on the likes of Milligan’s wages going in the summer, McNulty and Omeonga too.

What was it the NHS deal took away in the North stand? But it was to benefit us for years to come. And why is the space in the stadium never being used when the building across the road from the West is being used every single week as teaching facilities and conferences that they advertise in the shadow of Easter road?

You must have quoted my post before I edited it to include the lack of a shirt sponsor ... which is just another negative that needs sorted.

That's the thing about Ron Gordon paying off STF's loan ..that should at a stroke have upped the club's budget by 400K a year, hardly an insignificant sum. What's it being used for? Because if as you say we really are having to sell Oli Shaw because we need the money, that has to be concerning surely. And lets not forget, there are still close to 2000 fans putting around £200,000 a year of free money into the club as well ... or there should have been had Ron Gordon not made HSL redundant.

The combined attendance for the LC semis was over 90,000 ... I presume the money is still pooled between the 4 clubs, so even if each club received an average of £10 per punter Hibs should have received £225,000. That's without TV rights or prize money.

Irish-Hibee
24-01-2020, 03:17 AM
What worries me is we sold McGinn for approx 3 million yet 18 months later we are told we have no money to buy new players without raising money through sales. What has happened this McGinn money?

Do we need to try find a gem every couple of seasons and sell him on for millions just to keep afloat?

Davy Mac
24-01-2020, 05:50 AM

The lack of a shirt sponsor dressed up as a decision to advertise the clubs own community foundation. We aren't Barcelona that we can afford to deliberately set aside one of the club's major sources of income.

Excellent summary, and for the NHS? Ask our unapproachable CEO, the dithering over our commercial activities in the last few years is shocking. Proactive or reactive? I would say inactive.

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Excellent summary, and for the NHS? Ask our unapproachable CEO, the dithering over our commercial activities in the last few years is shocking. Proactive or reactive? I would say inactive.

This goes to the heart of my concern regarding Ron Gordon's acquisition of the the club. In football terms his alleged personal fortune of 75 million quid is small change in the grand scheme of things, I can't believe for a second that his plan is, or ever was, to find a bottomless pit into which to pour his hard earned money and I for one certainly don't expect him to do that.

But that's where my sympathy for his situation ends. It was his decision to purchase this particular bottomless pit, in view of which I absolutely expect him to have had a plan and a vision before he even put pen to paper regarding how he was going to take Hibernian Football Club to the next level ... for us that's not even winning the league ... it's regular qualification for Europe through league position and winning a cup every 5 years or so.

If the plan is to churn out so many players through the youth system that the team is regularly half populated with home grown players then he might as well give up now, not a single club in the post war history of football in these islands has ever managed to regularly qualify for Europe or regularly win trophies using that philosophy ... it's a non starter.

To progress we need money to buy the players we need to compete with Aberdeen and ( theoretically ) Hearts regularly and to be able to put a team on the park with at least a fighting chance of getting past the Glasgow giants in a semi final or final. But far more than that, we need the money it will take to become the third highest paying club in Scotland when it comes to wages ... far more than transfer fees that is what will take us where we want to be.

If Ron Gordon's intention is to sink his bucket into the well of the Hibs support to achieve this he is going to be sadly disappointed ... He has to have a far more expansive, original and workable vision than that on how he is going to significantly increase the club's revenue and get started on implementing it. Because if he hasn't then so far as I can see in a few years time the lack of a shirt sponsor and a broken PA system will be the least of the club's worries.

It does not fill me with any sort of confidence that after 7 months as owner of the club there has not been a single tangible sign of any vision from Ron Gordon, either verbalised by him in an interview, displayed through addressing the basic stuff around the stadium that needs fixing, or through any significant investment in the team.

In fact as things stand we have allegedly had to sell a player for 100K because we needed the money and we are on the cusp of losing our most effective player to Celtic. So until he starts proving differently on a scale from 1 to 10 with Jack Walker who transformed Blackburn being a 10 he's a 2. And on a scale from 1 to 10 with the guy who all but destroyed Blackpool being a 10 he's a 5 ... and getting closer to a 10 in my view with every week that passes without the life blood of this club being told what his plan is.

hibbyfraelibby
24-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Wee Ron's plans are still under wraps?

Keep your eyes on a corner being developed

Tortilla wraps replacing pizzas

Tacos instead of pies

French fries instead of chips

Chips instead of crisps

Deep fried chlorinated chicken by the bucket

A marching band in the FF Upper

Loud clear crisp music around the ground

In stadium commentary via WiFi

...and armed stewards to deal with bottle throwers

Weegreenman
24-01-2020, 02:44 PM
I wish we could lose “that” scoreboard. Embarrassing!

Andy74
24-01-2020, 02:51 PM
This goes to the heart of my concern regarding Ron Gordon's acquisition of the the club. In football terms his alleged personal fortune of 75 million quid is small change in the grand scheme of things, I can't believe for a second that his plan is, or ever was, to find a bottomless pit into which to pour his hard earned money and I for one certainly don't expect him to do that.

But that's where my sympathy for his situation ends. It was his decision to purchase this particular bottomless pit, in view of which I absolutely expect him to have had a plan and a vision before he even put pen to paper regarding how he was going to take Hibernian Football Club to the next level ... for us that's not even winning the league ... it's regular qualification for Europe through league position and winning a cup every 5 years or so.

If the plan is to churn out so many players through the youth system that the team is regularly half populated with home grown players then he might as well give up now, not a single club in the post war history of football in these islands has ever managed to regularly qualify for Europe or regularly win trophies using that philosophy ... it's a non starter.

To progress we need money to buy the players we need to compete with Aberdeen and ( theoretically ) Hearts regularly and to be able to put a team on the park with at least a fighting chance of getting past the Glasgow giants in a semi final or final. But far more than that, we need the money it will take to become the third highest paying club in Scotland when it comes to wages ... far more than transfer fees that is what will take us where we want to be.

If Ron Gordon's intention is to sink his bucket into the well of the Hibs support to achieve this he is going to be sadly disappointed ... He has to have a far more expansive, original and workable vision than that on how he is going to significantly increase the club's revenue and get started on implementing it. Because if he hasn't then so far as I can see in a few years time the lack of a shirt sponsor and a broken PA system will be the least of the club's worries.

It does not fill me with any sort of confidence that after 7 months as owner of the club there has not been a single tangible sign of any vision from Ron Gordon, either verbalised by him in an interview, displayed through addressing the basic stuff around the stadium that needs fixing, or through any significant investment in the team.

In fact as things stand we have allegedly had to sell a player for 100K because we needed the money and we are on the cusp of losing our most effective player to Celtic. So until he starts proving differently on a scale from 1 to 10 with Jack Walker who transformed Blackburn being a 10 he's a 2. And on a scale from 1 to 10 with the guy who all but destroyed Blackpool being a 10 he's a 5 ... and getting closer to a 10 in my view with every week that passes without the life blood of this club being told what his plan is.

A bit dramatic really.

Let’s actually see what he says then what happens.

The previous owner took a couple of decades to put everything in place and we were still left with debt.

He’s acted on that right away. The fans have shown they were very slow to stick any cash in themselves and he’s come in with a significant sum.

I’m happy to give it a few weeks...

The Modfather
24-01-2020, 04:19 PM
A bit dramatic really.

Let’s actually see what he says then what happens.

The previous owner took a couple of decades to put everything in place and we were still left with debt.

He’s acted on that right away. The fans have shown they were very slow to stick any cash in themselves and he’s come in with a significant sum.

I’m happy to give it a few weeks...

The uptake for HSL was wasn’t what they hoped for, for various reasons. However I think the fans have more than done our but financial for a good number of years now.

Andy74
24-01-2020, 04:24 PM
The uptake for HSL was wasn’t what they hoped for, for various reasons. However I think the fans have more than done our but financial for a good number of years now.

We have of course but we keep expecting someone else to come and invest even more. Someone has and he’s getting stick.

We don’t have any real right to do any more than spend what we make. If he’s willing to help us do more than that, or assist us I n ways to make more ourselves then great. If it takes a wee while to figure all that out and communicate it then that’s fine with me.

Frankly, the alternative to waiting to find out is to whip together some cash and make him an offer for the club.

WhileTheChief..
24-01-2020, 04:34 PM
We’ve been talking about Saturday evening kickoffs - better time for viewers in the USA - that’ll be Ron and the Yank at Aberdeen’s idea!

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 04:40 PM
We have of course but we keep expecting someone else to come and invest even more. Someone has and he’s getting stick.

We don’t have any real right to do any more than spend what we make. If he’s willing to help us do more than that, or assist us I n ways to make more ourselves then great. If it takes a wee while to figure all that out and communicate it then that’s fine with me.

Frankly, the alternative to waiting to find out is to whip together some cash and make him an offer for the club.

Andy.. the only stick I see is a healthy debate which has only arisen due to himself and Leeann reverting back to being invisible. When that happens people will naturally fill the void with some concerns or speculation.

Hibs are one of the most boring run clubs around. Nothing ever happens, there appears to be very little outward determination, I think we all thought that that era had ended and the huge support that RG initially had is fading.

I just can’t understand why the club continually puts up the shutters. It’s baffling and counter intuitive as business minded people may have wanted to get on the journey with RG at the helm but now that seems less likely as time goes by.

SquashedFrogg
24-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Andy.. the only stick I see is a healthy debate which has only arisen due to himself and Leeann reverting back to being invisible. When that happens people will naturally fill the void with some concerns or speculation.

Hibs are one of the most boring run clubs around. Nothing ever happens, there appears to be very little outward determination, I think we all thought that that era had ended and the huge support that RG initially had is fading.

I just can’t understand why the club continually puts up the shutters. It’s baffling and counter intuitive as business minded people may have wanted to get on the journey with RG at the helm but now that seems less likely as time goes by.

So you think business minded people are waiting for a statement before getting involved with the club?

Astonishing stuff.

Andy74
24-01-2020, 04:48 PM

I think we say something when it is time to say it. The club can't just react and update us on details that haven't been finalised or communicated properly with all involved. Their plans may have impact on people and their jobs, there may be other commercial arrangements that could be at risk if publicised.

It was a matter of a couple of months ago that Gordon and Dempster both gave lengthy interviews, explained that there were plans being put together and that it would take some time to communicate.

This is the opportunity to evolve into the next era for the club and it should be for the long term.

When we don't like the plans or they aren't delivered then that would be the time to worry.

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 04:49 PM
So you think business minded people are waiting for a statement before getting involved with the club?

Astonishing stuff.

What are you slavering about again??

Ask yourself a simple question, were you excited about our future when RG took over and did you see it as a start of a new era?

Is it not at all possible that others felt the same and would’ve got right behind the club if there was a brilliant leader and someone with a clear plan??

Peevemor
24-01-2020, 04:53 PM

"Hibs are one of the most boring run clubs around".

Apart from Aberdeen who seem to have a couple of new ideas and the mentalness at Tynecastle, what clubs are being run in an interesting fashion?

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 04:54 PM
I think we say something when it is time to say it. The club can't just react and update us on details that haven't been finalised or communicated properly with all involved. Their plans may have impact on people and their jobs, there may be other commercial arrangements that could be at risk if publicised.

It was a matter of a couple of months ago that Gordon and Dempster both gave lengthy interviews, explained that there were plans being put together and that it would take some time to communicate.

This is the opportunity to evolve into the next era for the club and it should be for the long term.

When we don't like the plans or they aren't delivered then that would be the time to worry.

All very valid points and another way of looking at it. I would say that 3 months ago nothing much was said other than a holding statement, I did take out the interview that the all the ideas would be presented to the Board in December, normally that would be quickly passed through and signed off?

Since there there’s been nothing bar additional charges for tickets and a push to sell more UK Hibs TV subs.

SquashedFrogg
24-01-2020, 05:01 PM
What are you slavering about again??

Ask yourself a simple question, were you excited about our future when RG took over and did you see it as a start of a new era?

Is it not at all possible that others felt the same and would’ve got right behind the club if there was a brilliant leader and someone with a clear plan??

You said "It’s baffling and counter intuitive as business minded people may have wanted to get on the journey with RG at the helm but now that seems less likely as time goes by".

I'm suggesting this is complete nonsense.

And yes, I'm still excited about future under Ron Gordon.

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 05:03 PM
"Hibs are one of the most boring run clubs around".

Apart from Aberdeen who seem to have a couple of new ideas and the mentalness at Tynecastle, what clubs are being run in an interesting fashion?

We are one of many, hence why there is a void that personally I’d like us to fill rather than allowing someone else to jump in there.

Do you feel engaged, on the same journey and excited about the club or do you feel that you turn up at 3pm and that’s kinda it?

If I feel more engaged, excited and feel more part of the club then I’m likely to instantly sign up for anything that the club tries to sell me.

Does that make sense?

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 05:07 PM
You said "It’s baffling and counter intuitive as business minded people may have wanted to get on the journey with RG at the helm but now that seems less likely as time goes by".

I'm suggesting this is complete nonsense.

And yes, I'm still excited about future under Ron Gordon.

Great news on the latter part. I admire your patience but also suggest that as time slips by there will be others who just see it as “same old”

SquashedFrogg
24-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Great news on the latter part. I admire your patience but also suggest that as time slips by there will be others who just see it as “same old”

Perhaps some will. That's up to them I guess.

I'm just not sure 'business people' who potentially want to get on board will wait on a forum for an update.

we are hibs
24-01-2020, 05:20 PM
All very valid points and another way of looking at it. I would say that 3 months ago nothing much was said other than a holding statement, I did take out the interview that the all the ideas would be presented to the Board in December, normally that would be quickly passed through and signed off?

Since there there’s been nothing bar additional charges for tickets and a push to sell more UK Hibs TV subs.

Finalised in december then presented in January it was said.

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Not quite how it reads and I’ve added the comment in next post..

I’ll add a wee edit and now guess that the announcements might well tie in with new ST campaign which historically starts March?

“Some of the things we want to do are to make supporters feel when they come to Easter Road next season that it will be different. There’s many different aspects to that. Some of it’s things we’ve wanted to do for years but now have the opportunity to deliver. Others are new ideas and new opportunity driven by innovation and a determination to shake things up and do things differently.”

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 05:31 PM

RG:-

“My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next year.”

it’s not really material how it’s interpreted but here’s the actual comment.

SquashedFrogg
24-01-2020, 05:40 PM

“My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next"

Seems fair enough. I'd expect something shared soon.

we are hibs
24-01-2020, 05:51 PM

“My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next year.”

it’s not really material how it’s interpreted but here’s the actual comment.

"Share it with our shareholders" in other words the AGM which we were told was going to be January.

Peevemor
24-01-2020, 05:56 PM
One of many, hence why there is a void that personally I’d like us to see filled.

Do you feel engaged, on the same journey and excited about the club or do you feel that you turn up at 3pm and that’s kinda it?

If I feel more engaged, excited and feel more part of the club then I’m likely to instantly sign up for anything that the club tries to sell me.

Does that make sense?Gimmicks and hollow soundbites are a pet hate of mine. If as you say there's a void to be filled, it disappoints me that so many so-called supporters, at least on here, go into overdrive churning out negative speculation and scenarios.

I'm 52 years old and have been involved in the building game for 35 years and have had knowledge of my own businesses as well as those of friends, family and clients for almost as long. One thing I do know is that no good comes from projects that are rushed or are marketed/publicised without there being any "meat on the bones".

I know very little of Ron Gordon. He seems to be a very discrete person but he has been successful in at least 2 different fields.

I'm happy to wait to see what he proposes which, I'm fairly sure, will be well researched and formulated and will hopefully catch the imagination of the fans, including those who are wetting the bed in the meantime.

stuart-farquhar
24-01-2020, 06:07 PM
We’ve been talking about Saturday evening kickoffs - better time for viewers in the USA - that’ll be Ron and the Yank at Aberdeen’s idea!

You won't get any sport on American tv showing dilapidated stadia with empty seats. Doesn't happen. Won't happen.

Real Emerald
24-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Gimmicks and hollow soundbites are a pet hate of mine. If as you say there's a void to be filled, it disappoints me that so many so-called supporters, at least on here, go into overdrive churning out negative speculation and scenarios.

I'm 52 years old and have been involved in the building game for 35 years and have had knowledge of my own businesses as well as those of friends, family and clients for almost as long. One thing I do know is that no good comes from projects that are rushed or are marketed/publicised without there being any "meat on the bones".

I know very little of Ron Gordon. He seems to be a very discrete person but he has been successful in at least 2 different fields.

I'm happy to wait to see what he proposes which, I'm fairly sure, will be well researched and formulated and will hopefully catch the imagination of the fans, including those who are wetting the bed in the meantime.

I 100% agree with you regards sound bytes and gimmicks and meaningless mission statements, it’s all just tick the box bluster. Rushed projects hardly ever work either. Football however is a bit different as fans can be in the depths of despair after three defeats and are winning the league after their next 4 victories. Owners and managers have to smooth out these ups and downs and be more level headed in their approach.

The difference this time is we have a new owner who has given us nothing to feast on. He may have great plans for us but if he wants the fans to engage, be excited and “pony up”, he really needs to at least start talking a good game. It’s way overdue despite some on here having ultimate patience.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2020, 06:15 PM
The difference this time is we have a new owner who has given us nothing to feast on. He may have great plans for us but if he wants the fans to engage, be excited and “pony up”, he really needs to at least start talking a good game. It’s way overdue despite some on here having ultimate patience.

It shouldn't be lost on him that there have been a lot of empty seats at Easter Road this season. It’s probably only 4-6 weeks until renewal letters are out and, as it stands, I don’t think the demand is going to be what it has been. People need some encouragement, including during the current transfer window.

SquashedFrogg
24-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Gimmicks and hollow soundbites are a pet hate of mine. If as you say there's a void to be filled, it disappoints me that so many so-called supporters, at least on here, go into overdrive churning out negative speculation and scenarios.

Completely where I am on this. Great post.

PaulSmith
24-01-2020, 06:28 PM

As you say that’s your personal pet hate, I’m not going to say if that’s right or wrong as that would be insulting as it’s what you believe.

I prefer the bravado, the confidence, the swagger, the leadership but that’s just me and then I’ll look for the substance.

I don’t see too much “wetting the bed” or folk “churning out negative speculation” and think that’s a little bit of hyperbole chucked in for effect.

What I would never do is just assume that a foreign owner always has our (the fans) best interests at heart. Thankfully I do believe Rod Petrie would’ve done his due diligence so I take confidence in that.

I’m sure that once the accounts are out, the plans are revealed and the AGM is out of the way it will all become a lot clearer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
24-01-2020, 06:55 PM
You don’t need to go far in sporting Edinburgh to see a project that was rushed to the starting line amidst a fanfare of trumpets.

Keith_M
24-01-2020, 07:05 PM
As long as we remember to order them!!:wink:

Godamnit!!

Peevemor
24-01-2020, 07:19 PM
You don’t need to go far in sporting Edinburgh to see a project that was rushed to the starting line amidst a fanfare of trumpets.And not just once.

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2020, 02:04 AM

Your take on things might put me in the 'bed wetter' category Peevemor, but I defy anybody to pick the bones out of the posts I've made on this thread and state that anything I've said doesn't reflect the current state of the club. It all adds up to the massive feelgood factor and positive vibes around Easter Road following May 2016 being gradually chipped away ... not in the car crash of our relegation season, but in a slow drip drip drip of decline.

We currently have a team on the park who would get absolutely hosed by that 2016 team and which has recently provided us with away at Livvi and the first 45 against Hamilton which were as bad as I've seen Hibs play for a long time. There is solid evidence that we are losing fans, and you have to question how many folk will renew when they cant even be bothered to use the season tickets they already hold. Can anybody deny signs are bad when we can't even do something as basic as secure a shirt sponsor, install a PA system folk can actually hear and sort a turnstile system that's been dodgy all season.

OK ... Stuff like this happens around football clubs, but we are a football club with a new owner which should be a cause for optimism. I for one want that new owner to enthuse me as a fan and invigorate the club on and off the park. All I am saying is that after 7 months in charge there is very little sign that either of these things are on the horizon, or even that there is a concrete and viable plan to make them happen.

It's now the 25th of January and even the basic promise that we would have more information regarding his 'vision' for the club by January looks like it might not happen. I'm all for giving folk a chance, but if you want me to do that show me some tangible evidence that my faith isn't misplaced .... So far Ron Gordon has failed to do that and until he does I will remain to be convinced that he will be the dynamic and visionary owner Hibs have been crying out for for as long as I've been watching the club.

Let's not forget, it's not just been 7 months, there must have been months of negotiation before he bought the club ... I simply don't believe that a savvy and astute businessman like Ron Gordon appears to be didn't have chapter and verse on every financial, sporting and infrastructure aspect of the club before investing millions of pounds in the purchase of it. What followed should have consisted of dotting the I's and crossing the T's ... instead of which the impression being given is that he walked into Easter Road the day he bought Hibs with little or no idea of how he was going to improve the club and take it forward, or how he was going to source the income that will undoubtedly require ... unless you count a rather caustic remark about getting the fans to step up. I'm happy to be proved wrong in that, but what I've seen so far does not point to anything other than what I've said being the case.

I'll say here and now that I will be absolutely delighted to be on here in a few months time eating humble pie after seeing Ron Gordon's concrete and visionary plan on financing an improvement on and off the park. Until then I wont be throwing out the rubber sheets :aok:

bingo70
25-01-2020, 06:47 AM
Your take on things might put me in the 'bed wetter' category Peevemor, but I defy anybody to pick the bones out of the posts I've made on this thread and state that anything I've said doesn't reflect the current state of the club. It all adds up to the massive feelgood factor and positive vibes around Easter Road following May 2016 being gradually chipped away ... not in the car crash of our relegation season, but in a slow drip drip drip of decline.

We currently have a team on the park who would get absolutely hosed by that 2016 team and which has recently provided us with away at Livvi and the first 45 against Hamilton which were as bad as I've seen Hibs play for a long time. There is solid evidence that we are losing fans, and you have to question how many folk will renew when they cant even be bothered to use the season tickets they already hold. Can anybody deny signs are bad when we can't even do something as basic as secure a shirt sponsor, install a PA system folk can actually hear and sort a turnstile system that's been dodgy all season.

OK ... Stuff like this happens around football clubs, but we are a football club with a new owner which should be a cause for optimism. I for one want that new owner to enthuse me as a fan and invigorate the club on and off the park. All I am saying is that after 7 months in charge there is very little sign that either of these things are on the horizon, or even that there is a concrete and viable plan to make them happen.

It's now the 25th of January and even the basic promise that we would have more information regarding his 'vision' for the club by January looks like it might not happen. I'm all for giving folk a chance, but if you want me to do that show me some tangible evidence that my faith isn't misplaced .... So far Ron Gordon has failed to do that and until he does I will remain to be convinced that he will be the dynamic and visionary owner Hibs have been crying out for for as long as I've been watching the club.

Let's not forget, it's not just been 7 months, there must have been months of negotiation before he bought the club ... I simply don't believe that a savvy and astute businessman like Ron Gordon appears to be didn't have chapter and verse on every financial, sporting and infrastructure aspect of the club before investing millions of pounds in the purchase of it. What followed should have consisted of dotting the I's and crossing the T's ... instead of which the impression being given is that he walked into Easter Road the day he bought Hibs with little or no idea of how he was going to improve the club and take it forward, or how he was going to source the income that will undoubtedly require ... unless you count a rather caustic remark about getting the fans to step up. I'm happy to be proved wrong in that, but what I've seen so far does not point to anything other than what I've said being the case.

I'll say here and now that I will be absolutely delighted to be on here in a few months time eating humble pie after seeing Ron Gordon's concrete and visionary plan on financing an improvement on and off the park. Until then I wont be throwing out the rubber sheets :aok:

Really good post.

There’s some posters who can never see any wrong in anything Hibs do, I’m not sure that’s healthy and it certainly doesn’t make for a good debate on a message board. I think being a bit sceptical at times and questioning things you are concerned about is a natural reaction, not bed wetting as the poster called it.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 06:55 AM
Really good post.

There’s some posters who can never see any wrong in anything Hibs do, I’m not sure that’s healthy and it certainly doesn’t make for a good debate on a message board. I think being a bit sceptical at times and questioning things you are concerned about is a natural reaction, not bed wetting as the poster called it.

I'd be astonished if there was anyone who can never see any wrong in anything Hibs do. I'd say that's almost impossible as a Hibs supporter.

bingo70
25-01-2020, 07:04 AM
I'd be astonished if there was anyone who can never see any wrong in anything Hibs do. I'd say that's almost impossible as a Hibs supporter.

Disagree, there’s definitely a few posters on here like that, it becomes almost as tiresome as the negative posters who can’t see any good in anything Hibs ever do.

The truth is always going to be in the middle somewhere, the idea of you expected better communication from Ron by now you’re a bed wetter is ridiculous IMO.

Peevemor
25-01-2020, 07:20 AM
It's a pity I'm going out in 5 minutes as this is shaping up to be a good discussion IMO.

What I'll quickly say is that there's a huge difference between thinking that the club can do no wrong and automatically assuming the worst (often when reacting to unfounded speculation).

There are a great many more who do the latter.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Disagree, there’s definitely a few posters on here like that, it becomes almost as tiresome as the negative posters who can’t see any good in anything Hibs ever do.

The truth is always going to be in the middle somewhere, the idea of you expected better communication from Ron by now you’re a bed wetter is ridiculous IMO.

Agree that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Personally I'm comfortable to wait a little bit longer to hear about any significant plans he has for the club. I recognise others aren't. That's fair enough.

green with envy
25-01-2020, 07:47 AM

Haha, just about took you serious for a moment.👍

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 07:51 AM
I'm intrigued to see the content of the ST launch.

A few years back when LD first walked through the door myself and another supporter spoke to her about our then ST marketing. It was the ill fated #TBGWA campaign. There was a list of 5 reasons to buy a ST and every single one was about finance. There was no primary mention of football and she agreed it was poor and wouldn't happen again. Until now she has been, to all intents and purposes, good to her word.

With rumours about a further major infrastructure project, lack of a main sponsor and a seemingly exhausted budget it's going to be a fine balancing act this year. Our transfer activity last summer may have been a success in the sense it was conducted quickly but in terms of providing us with a balanced squad with a recognisable style it has been a failure. How do you sell a vision to fans who are already starting to vote with their feet? Our problems aren't a cheap fix but no amount of spin on past events is going to sell STs. Results on the park will be the key driver of sales but a clear vision and plan for the future communicated well may help things along. With the usual date for STs going on sale fast approaching it's questionable whether we will get it.

hibbyfraelibby
25-01-2020, 08:00 AM
You won't get any sport on American tv showing dilapidated stadia with empty seats. Doesn't happen. Won't happen.

Have you seen some if the college football games they show on TV?

Keith_M
25-01-2020, 08:03 AM
If I haven't heard anything by 1st February, I'm ripping up my Season Ticket.

hibbyfraelibby
25-01-2020, 08:03 AM
It shouldn't be lost on him that there have been a lot of empty seats at Easter Road this season. It’s probably only 4-6 weeks until renewal letters are out and, as it stands, I don’t think the demand is going to be what it has been. People need some encouragement, including during the current transfer window.

So if its 4-6 weeks before the renewal details are released why rush the announcement of his plans...week of the announcement, max hype, major impact on renewals. Do it now disappate the message.

hibbyfraelibby
25-01-2020, 08:05 AM
You don’t need to go far in sporting Edinburgh to see a project that was rushed to the starting line amidst a fanfare of trumpets.

...of trumpets? By trumpets surely?😉

GreenCastle
25-01-2020, 08:40 AM

Good post.

Can’t see the club finishing higher than 5th or 6th - so once top 6 is secured we may as well build for next season.

Action speaks louder than words and even this transfer window we will see if they bring in a CDM that we have been crying out for since summer.

Surely the club hasn’t wasted all the money on Hecky recruitment.

The lack of news about the AGM and future plans is concerning also.

Hopefully next 7 days we will see if we add players we need / off the pitch some info is provided as fans have a right to know what’s happening.

Andy74
25-01-2020, 08:48 AM
Really good post.

Not really sure that applies here. The suggestion was we wait and see the plans before deciding if it will be good or bad.

They’ve said it’s coming. There really no point in long posts about the state of things when something is due to be said on it all.

We’re talking about the long term future direction of the club. Days or weeks here in the messaging I don’t think is worth getting worked up about.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 10:51 AM
The "future plans" appear to be more of the same...caution caution caution all the way, tell the fans the bare minimum and only communicate when we're wanting season ticket money off you.

it's staring us in the face that current transfer policy (if there is indeed a coherent one) is one-in-one-out, which appears to extend to loan players - we couldn't bring in Naismith until Mackie went out on loan.

We hit a high watermark of 14k season tickets last January 2019. If that wasn't the time to move the dial in terms of bringing in a higher quality of player than we were used to then I don't know what was to be honest.

We could have pegged the signing of a high-profile player to a campaign to get to 15k tickets by saying something simple like "if we can reach 15k tickets sold then there'll be more signings like him" and then can we get to 16K by the same rationale of the fans and the Board committing in similar fashion?

In short, we could start to build momentum for once, instead of reverting to type by selling John McGinn and replacing him with an Emerson Hyndman (on loan).

Add in a batch of jersey fillers like Eckersley, Rherras, Mavrias, Nelom, etc and you can see exactly where the club's ambition lies - treading water with qualification for Europe once every 5-6 years.

Not good enough, and certainly not good enough to be "best of the rest", and then ultimately a "league challenge" - Ron Gordon's words (or close to them).

But hey, let's build the infrastructure (again) and be patient (again) - it's the Hibs' way, after all.

craigiehibs
25-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Not really sure that applies here. The suggestion was we wait and see the plans before deciding if it will be good or bad.

They’ve said it’s coming. There really no point in long posts about the state of things when something is due to be said on it all.

We’re talking about the long term future direction of the club. Days or weeks here in the messaging I don’t think is worth getting worked up about.

the issue is ....how long do we have to wait before we know? after st renewals come out? i wont commit b4 i know the plans and thats not good for club and dont think im alone in that. and ive had a st all my life

Peevemor
25-01-2020, 11:26 AM
the issue is ....how long do we have to wait before we know? after st renewals come out? i wont commit b4 i know the plans and thats not good for club and dont think im alone in that. and ive had a st all my lifeWhy not? What difference do "the plans" make to whether or not you support your club. As always Hibs will spend what they can on players without going daft. Sounds like you're looking for excuses.

craigiehibs
25-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Why not? What difference do "the plans" make to whether or not you support your club. As always Hibs will spend what they can on players without going daft. Sounds like you're looking for excuses.

with respect. pish. i will always support hibs but i expect that to be matched with some anbition. its not a bottomless pit

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Why not? What difference do "the plans" make to whether or not you support your club. As always Hibs will spend what they can on players without going daft. Sounds like you're looking for excuses.

Isn’t it as simple as you’ll get a hardcore who renew regardless and then there’s the ones that you want to attract. The guys who will go if there’s a genuine belief that we are capable of doing something.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Isn’t it as simple as you’ll get a hardcore who renew regardless and then there’s the ones that you want to attract. The guys who will go if there’s a genuine belief that we are capable of doing something.

Spot on.

The hardcore hovers around 8-9K. Anyone else has to be earned. Whether I, or anyone else, likes that is largely irrelevant.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 11:53 AM
with respect. pish. i will always support hibs but i expect that to be matched with some anbition. its not a bottomless pit

There are probably 10-15 guys in the pub that I know who are the same as you, give them something to grasp onto and they are as Hibs as they come.

Say the bare minimum and don’t give them any belief that the club want to be part of something special and they’ll quite happily play golf on a Sat and just go once in a while.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Spot on.

The hardcore hovers around 8-9K. Anyone else has to be earned. Whether I, or anyone else, likes that is largely irrelevant.

It’s also expensive going to football these days and some fans would like to see some ambition from the club before parting with a large sum of money on a ST. As you say, whether people like that fact or not is irrelevant.

craigiehibs
25-01-2020, 11:57 AM
There are probably 10-15 guys in the pub that I know who are the same as you, give them something to grasp onto and they are as Hibs as they come.

Say the bare minimum and don’t give them any belief that the club want to be part of something special and they’ll quite happily play golf on a Sat and just go once in a while.

quite. and there seems to b no recognition of that. the club doesnt give the impression it cares. still, on wY to motherwell regardless.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2020, 12:00 PM

So it’s up to the club to give them something to grasp on to. And they haven’t over the las 18 months.

The Modfather
25-01-2020, 12:13 PM
So it’s up to the club to give them something to grasp on to. And they haven’t over the las 18 months.

I wouldn’t say the club have given the demographic being discussed a lot to grasp onto the last 18 months. Going from our best team in a couple of decades and one we had a real affinity with, back to writing off seasons midway through and just waiting until the season ends. Add in how long it took Hibs to act in sacking Heckingbottom when it was clear he was done months before and yet another squad rebuild/clear out needed.

I’ll probably renew next season anyway, but I’ve almost resigned myself to accepting that we’ve had our golden era, as fleeting as it was, and will plod along until we get another batch of youngsters through at the same time or stumble across another exceptional team we instantly feel an affinity in 10 or so year time, and the process will repeat again after that.

craigiehibs
25-01-2020, 12:13 PM

fact is the club have lost fan engagwment and that isnt good and veey hard to get back....2016 wont be repeated any time soon way we are going

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 01:09 PM

Of course it’s up to the club to entice these kind of guys back, unless I’ve completely misunderstood your post?

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 01:17 PM
fact is the club have lost fan engagwment and that isnt good and veey hard to get back....2016 wont be repeated any time soon way we are going

Is it really a 'fact'? I've not seen any substantiated evidence that this the case.

Andy74
25-01-2020, 01:23 PM
It’s also expensive going to football these days and some fans would like to see some ambition from the club before parting with a large sum of money on a ST. As you say, whether people like that fact or not is irrelevant.

By ambition do you mean spending someone else’s money on players?

Our accounts always show we are spending what we can.

Otherwise we know we are in a good financial position overall with a new owner about to let us know his thought out plans for the club. Seems fair enough to me that whatever it is is properly thought about before we hear about it.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Is it really a 'fact'? I've not seen any substantiated evidence that this the case.

Hard to substantiate but 900 fans down on home average attendance, speaking to the aforementioned punters in the pub who are perhaps not that enlightened but commonly say “Ron who?” and they miss the Neil Lennon type swagger that we had for 12 months.

So you’ll never get it as “fact” but it’s probably more accurate than not.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 01:32 PM

Otherwise we know we are in a good financial position overall with a new owner about to let us know his thought out plans for the club. Seems fair enough to me that whatever it is is properly thought about before we hear about it.

I don’t think ambition can always quantified as “spending someone else’s money on players”.

There are plenty of examples in major leagues where clubs operate a different model and it sees them punch above their weight.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 01:35 PM

The new owner could do some chest beating and give the fans some future vision for a start. He is also a wealthy new owner all the way from the USA, most other clubs in this position see a bit of player investment to get fans on board. Not necessarily spending someone else’s money. Folk will vote with their feet though as we’ve witnessed over many years with Hibs. I will as usual get my ST but have my doubts that 13,500 will do the same if we keep in the path we’re on. That may or may not change by the end of the window of course. 🤞

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 01:35 PM
Hard to substantiate but 900 fans down on home average attendance, speaking to the aforementioned punters in the pub who are perhaps not that enlightened but commonly say “Ron who?” and they miss the Neil Lennon type swagger that we had for 12 months.

So you’ll never get it as “fact” but it’s probably more accurate than not.

I can see why crowds drop when form and results dip from previous years. But I can't see why crowds would drop, or people would stay away because an owner hasn't made a statement.

As for anecdotal evidence, I know a number of people who aren't particularly upset at how the club is currently run.

I guess we wait and see.

Andy74
25-01-2020, 01:40 PM
The new owner could do some chest beating and give the fans some future vision for a start. He is also a wealthy new owner all the way from the USA, most other clubs in this position see a bit of player investment to get fans on board. Not necessarily spending someone else’s money. Folk will vote with their feet though as we’ve witnessed over many years with Hibs. I will as usual get my ST but have my doubts that 13,500 will do the same if we keep in the path we’re on. That may or may not change by the end of the window of course. 🤞

So basically spout off and spend his money on players then?

I’d prefer to hear a sustainable plan.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 01:41 PM
So basically spout off and spend his money on players then?

I’d prefer to hear a sustainable plan.

Exactly, that’s the point, we all would.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Exactly, that’s the point, we all would.

And we will.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 01:45 PM
And we will.

Great 👍

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 01:48 PM
Great 👍

Don't ask me when though 😂

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Don't ask me when though 😂
At least you’re honest 😂

Bangkok Hibby
25-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Latest from HSL...

I am now writing to you today to confirm that we have received a letter from the Club regarding the potential purchase of Shares. They have advised that “the Board is content with the balance of share ownership and will not approve the further sale or purchase of shares’’. This means that we are unable to acquire any shares from the Club or existing shareholders.

All monies donated to HSL now go to playing budget.

DaveF
25-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Latest from HSL...

I am now writing to you today to confirm that we have received a letter from the Club regarding the potential purchase of Shares. They have advised that “the Board is content with the balance of share ownership and will not approve the further sale or purchase of shares’’. This means that we are unable to acquire any shares from the Club or existing shareholders.

Door pretty much slammed shut.

I will await the owners plans but at the moment I'm edging towards cancelling my HSL contribution. Hopefully some drive and ambition from the club will help keep me and my additional donation on side.

Radium
25-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Latest from HSL...

Disappointing but predictable. People clearly have the absolute right to continue to support the club and HSL in any way they want.

Personally, I paused my payments to HSL and am going to wait to see what the owner’s plans are before reconsidering.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinfaePorty
25-01-2020, 04:07 PM
I'm still contributing, but will reconsider if there's no attempt to reach out to the fans and do something that demonstrates there is a coherent plan to take the club forward.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Greencore
25-01-2020, 04:15 PM
Interesting, very very interesting.

inglisavhibs
25-01-2020, 04:50 PM

The new owner immediately gave us close on £3m of his own money to pay off our mortgage giving us an extra £500k for our player budget which was put in the hands of our then manager. That hasn’t worked out too well but you can hardly blame the owner for that. If we were sitting third and playing better none of these conversations would be taking place. Our budget is currently way below Hearts and Aberdeen’s because of large annual donations to both of them. Hearts fans also donate around £1.3m per annum which is way more than we do. Despite that, they are doing a lot worse than us but their fans are standing by them. If you hear Jack Ross moaningp that he isn’t getting backed in the summer then we can start complaining.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 07:41 PM
The new owner immediately gave us close on £3m of his own money to pay off our mortgage giving us an extra £500k for our player budget which was put in the hands of our then manager. That hasn’t worked out too well but you can hardly blame the owner for that. If we were sitting third and playing better none of these conversations would be taking place. Our budget is currently way below Hearts and Aberdeen’s because of large annual donations to both of them. Hearts fans also donate around £1.3m per annum which is way more than we do. Despite that, they are doing a lot worse than us but their fans are standing by them. If you hear Jack Ross moaningp that he isn’t getting backed in the summer then we can start complaining.

He bought shares from STF to purchase an asset. The money for the mortgage was owned to STF, we might never know how much RG paid for those shares nor how much STF wrote off.

We must continue to have conversations and discuss everything about the clubs finances, who owns what and where funds are directed to.

It’s worrying to read phrases like “he’s a successful businessman” or “he seems trustworthy” as there’s very little evidence of either but to counter this there’s nothing to suggest that he’s got nothing but good intentions.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 07:47 PM
He bought shares from STF to purchase an asset. The money for the mortgage was owned to STF, we might never know how much RG paid for those shares nor how much STF wrote off.

We must continue to have conversations and discuss everything about the clubs finances, who owns what and where funds are directed to.

It’s worrying to read phrases like “he’s a successful businessman” or “he seems trustworthy” as there’s very little evidence of either but to counter this there’s nothing to suggest that he’s got nothing but good intentions.

Apart from his successful businesses, there's very little evidence.

I'll take due diligence from STF over your opinion if that's ok?

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Apart from his successful businesses, there's very little evidence.

I'll take due diligence from STF over your opinion if that's ok?

I’m sure I read the same about UKIO Bankas on JKB.. you’ll be all over that comparison but it’s a quick example so don’t get to angry, I’m not suggesting that RG is Vlad reincarnated. :)

Before you jump in with two feet again you’ll see that I’ve already mentioned the comfort of “Rod Petrie completing due diligence” in a previous post.

p.s

Why would anyone would want to ask someone they don’t know on football forum to validate their own opinion..

inglisavhibs
25-01-2020, 08:40 PM

I know the mortgage was payable to Tom Farmer and there was no mention of him reducing what was owed.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 08:48 PM
I’m sure I read the same about UKIO Bankas on JKB.. you’ll be all over that comparison but it’s a quick example so don’t get to angry, I’m not suggesting that RG is Vlad reincarnated. :)

Before you jump in with two feet again you’ll see that I’ve already mentioned the comfort of “Rod Petrie completing due diligence” in a previous post.

p.s

Why would anyone would want to ask someone they don’t know on football forum to validate their own opinion..

I genuinely have no idea what your point is. You were comparing Romanaov to our owner. Now you're not. I'm lost.

Barney McGrew
25-01-2020, 09:10 PM
For me, the frustrating part is the complete lack of visibility of the club hierarchy over the last year or so. Leeann has popped up to condemn a couple of incidents where ********s have misbehaved, but apart from that I think we’ve had one interview with her, and even that was only when there started to be some murmurs that she hadn’t been seen for a while. Ron Gordon is, whether he likes it or not, seen as an absent landlord by many. His plans seemed to be getting kicked further and further down the road, and we’ve still not got an AGM date.

Whether you liked or disliked Rod Petrie, at least he was visible and available to talk at most home games when he came over to Behind the Goals, and the board under his stewardship always held the AGM every year and answered any questions that were asked of them.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2020, 10:11 PM
For me, the frustrating part is the complete lack of visibility of the club hierarchy over the last year or so. Leeann has popped up to condemn a couple of incidents where ********s have misbehaved, but apart from that I think we’ve had one interview with her, and even that was only when there started to be some murmurs that she hadn’t been seen for a while. Ron Gordon is, whether he likes it or not, seen as an absent landlord by many. His plans seemed to be getting kicked further and further down the road, and we’ve still not got an AGM date.

Whether you liked or disliked Rod Petrie, at least he was visible and available to talk at most home games when he came over to Behind the Goals, and the board under his stewardship always held the AGM every year and answered any questions that were asked of them.

Wow

Greenworld
26-01-2020, 11:05 AM
The new owner immediately gave us close on £3m of his own money to pay off our mortgage giving us an extra £500k for our player budget which was put in the hands of our then manager. That hasn’t worked out too well but you can hardly blame the owner for that. If we were sitting third and playing better none of these conversations would be taking place. Our budget is currently way below Hearts and Aberdeen’s because of large annual donations to both of them. Hearts fans also donate around £1.3m per annum which is way more than we do. Despite that, they are doing a lot worse than us but their fans are standing by them. If you hear Jack Ross moaningp that he isn’t getting backed in the summer then we can start complaining.Everything you say is correct . I have always thought that it was kind of cheap for buying Hibernian.

I'm giving him the be benifit of the doubt just now as I want to hear his plans for the future.

However my one big concern is his age. I'll qualify that, in no more than 10 years we will need another owner. Ron will be 75 .

So the most interesting question for me as much as what is the short term plan is what is the end goal.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk