PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night football

Diclonius
23-01-2020, 10:03 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned, but us and Aberdeen are in talks to move the game at Pittodrie in March to a Saturday night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51213361

linlithgowhibbie
23-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned, but us and Aberdeen are in talks to move the game at Pittodrie in March to a Saturday night.

Yet Aberdeen asked and got permission for their recent match at Tynie to start at 2.00pm so their fans could get back up the road at a decent time!!

Up The Bracket
23-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Game finishes at 8:15 and last train is at 9:30, better atmosphere and day out. Honestly can’t comprehend why anyone would have a problem with this. Fair play to their new owner, trying to change the atmosphere and promoting fans making a day of things.

vuefrom1875
23-01-2020, 10:19 AM

Another slant on trying to boost their attendances which have been dwindling recently.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 10:29 AM
That would be crap. Somewhere a bit closer to home, fine. But not away up there. Hope Hibs don’t agree to this.

Chorley Hibee
23-01-2020, 10:29 AM
All for new ideas in the game, especially ones designed around creating an atmosphere.

Hibs take note.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Game finishes at 8:15 and last train is at 9:30, better atmosphere and day out. Honestly can’t comprehend why anyone would have a problem with this. Fair play to their new owner, trying to change the atmosphere and promoting fans making a day of things.

Limits train choices for coming down the road and train prices more expensive as a result.

Power
23-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Mentioned on the other thread down below - I’m trying to gage more opinion on it to make the best representation possible of fans view (amongst finding oot how true it actually is).

I don’t think Hibs fans in general would be against this idea (with the right notice!) or would we be against testing new ideas out but not after already making travel plans - Hibs fans are notorious for being ahead of the game when planning travel & attendance and when this fixture was confirmed as 3pm (one of our last remaining ones this season) and not on television most have organised long distance travel, cheaper train tickets and buses already.

So far, it certainly does sound like a massive inconvenience to a high volume of away travelling Hibs fans.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 10:41 AM
Mentioned on the other thread down below - I’m trying to gage more opinion on it to make the best representation possible of fans view (amongst finding oot how true it actually is).

I don’t think Hibs fans in general would be against this idea (with the right notice!) or would we be against testing new ideas out but not after already making travel plans - Hibs fans are notorious for being ahead of the game when planning travel & attendance and when this fixture was confirmed as 3pm (one of our last remaining ones this season) and not on television most have organised long distance travel, cheaper train tickets and buses already.

So far, it certainly does sound like a massive inconvenience to a high volume of away travelling Hibs fans.

For me, the train is generally relatively expensive going up there unless you book well in advance. I’ve not booked anything yet because we don’t know when the game will be.

It would be all right as the home team, but not as the away team with a 150 mile trip home and limiting the transport options further.

Diclonius
23-01-2020, 10:44 AM

If it's not on TV then I don't see the point.

Liam6270
23-01-2020, 11:22 AM
I’m well up for it, something different