PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

neil7908
22-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Fantastic having him back. Does the simple stuff so well and brings much needed energy and drive to the midfield.

Him and Newell must start in the middle next game.

Green Badger
22-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Omeonga's obviously not 100% match fit yet, but we saw enough glimpses tonight to remind us what we'll be getting when he's fully up to speed.

Onion
22-01-2020, 09:45 PM
Thought he was sensational. First touch, reading of the game, passing and ability to switch play was on a different level compared to every other player on the park. Horgan gave us drive, that inspired others, but Omeonga gave us control of the game. Completely forgot just how good this guy is :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
22-01-2020, 09:45 PM
He looked exactly the same as last season to me; that distinctive running style, desire to receive the ball at all times and looking up to deliver the simple pass to the right spaces. He's a step up.

FilipinoHibs
22-01-2020, 09:46 PM
What a difference with his energy and reading of the game.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Wants the ball, wants to be involved, bags of energy and chases everything down when it breaks down.

He's not without his faults but it's impossible not to love him.

hibee_girl
22-01-2020, 09:50 PM
He ran his heart out for us tonight, exactly what we’ve been missing in the midfield

I never want him to leave :greengrin

we are hibs
22-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Quite the moment when kamberi lost the ball out wide and he ran past both kamberi and horgan a good 60 yards to try win it back. That kind effort and commitment shouldnt go unnoticed

CockneyRebel
22-01-2020, 09:54 PM
wants the ball, wants to be involved, bags of energy and chases everything down when it breaks down.

this!

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Baffling how people think he’s overrated. Was rusty tonight but yet still excellent.

wookie70
22-01-2020, 09:55 PM
His energy made a difference but he was poor in terms of distribution a number of times. Will be a very good signing as our midfield are so lacking in energy outwith Boyle.

H18S NX
Have to be honest.i did not really rate him,but what a difference he made when he came on,hopefully he goes on to make me eat my words,well done.:aok:

The 90+2
Wants the ball, wants to be involved, bags of energy and chases everything down when it breaks down.

💚 I was worried it wouldn’t be the same, but it was 💚💚😁

neil7908
22-01-2020, 09:57 PM
Baffling how people think he’s overrated. Was rusty tonight but yet still excellent.

I think some folk will just look at goals and assists. Sad but things like 'no end product' stupidly used against him.

GreenCastle
22-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Great to have him back.

He isn’t even fully fit and looked quicker and sharper than others.

He also made a few good turnovers.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2020, 10:04 PM
Great to have him back.

He isn’t even fully fit and looked quicker and sharper than others.

He also made a few good turnovers.

It’s his effort I love. You could see he’s not match fit, bit more than makes up for it, with his chasing and tackling

Greenio
22-01-2020, 10:17 PM
He's class

Plays the pitch so we'll using space and angles to create openings , pick out players.

That foot in tackle he did near the end there to rob the accies player....things like that make a huge difference.

Delighted to have him back.

Can't wait for his first goal.

It's coming

Greenbeard
22-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Couple of rusty touches to be expected but on a night when I'd struggle to give pass marks to most, he did enough in that 2nd half for MoM in my book. Head and shooders above.

Smartie
22-01-2020, 10:30 PM
His energy made a difference but he was poor in terms of distribution a number of times. Will be a very good signing as our midfield are so lacking in energy outwith Boyle.

He hasn’t played all that often this season, playing under a new manager in a new system with a good few new team-mates. All things considered I don’t think he gave the ball away that much.

It’s a coup for us to get him back. He’s a top player at our level.

mentalhibee
22-01-2020, 10:38 PM
Can we sign him permanently please!

Criswell
22-01-2020, 10:41 PM
All three second half substitutes: Omeonga, Horgan and Newell helped change the game around. They all added some much needed quality.

J-C
22-01-2020, 10:43 PM
I thought he was slightly overrated by some on here but he is exactly what we need in that midfield, stays on his feet, closes down quickly, sharp passing and a willingness to show for the ball all the time.

J-C
22-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Can we sign him permanently please!

He's been hinting that he wants to come on a permanent deal, depends what his parent club says.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Looks just the same but looks rusty lightweight a few mi**** passes gets around the pitch loads of energy still stealing the ball off the opposition but one wild shot off balance miles off target tells me he still has no end product

Early days :greengrin

The 90+2
22-01-2020, 10:46 PM
He's been hinting that he wants to come on a permanent deal, depends what his parent club says.

Now is the best time to try and make it happen if we can. We just know he’s going to be flying and then be out our price range again. He gets our club.

Kaff
23-01-2020, 08:30 AM
Now is the best time to try and make it happen if we can. We just know he’s going to be flying and then be out our price range again. He gets our club.

Agree with this, we know what he's capable of on the pitch and his character is perfect for us so we should be hammering away at a permanent deal with Genoa now.
Get him back to form and fitness and a wealthier club will be offering them a better loan deal like last time.
Get it done Hibs:flag:

PeeJay
23-01-2020, 08:30 AM
He was exactly as I thought he would be - had his moments, not everything came off, did some good stuff, was keen to be involved, can pass a ball - be interesting to see if he can improve and be consistent

mjhibby
23-01-2020, 10:07 AM
Vast improvement with Steph in the team. So comfortable in the ball,stops others playing and gets us moving forward quickly. Once hallberg goes further forward and Scotty has the freedom to roam we are going to be hard to play against especially as doidge,Boyle and Flo are combining well. Should have won easily in the end. Lovely fluent play in the second half. Newell looked much happier too. Beside steph looked really good. Bad goal to lose but remember sdg just back and Jackson's first game for ages. I expect Darren to play v well as it's a big ask for Jackson to play two games so quick after hardly playing. Also might see James for sdg. Ross knows though he has loads of choices now going forward. Great to watch,second half at least.

monarch
23-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Great to see his energy, enthusiasm and movement again. Also I’m continually told he’s the best piano player in Scottish football. Get that up you Mrs Budge 😀

hughio
23-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Agree with this, we know what he's capable of on the pitch and his character is perfect for us so we should be hammering away at a permanent deal with Genoa now.
Get him back to form and fitness and a wealthier club will be offering them a better loan deal like last time.
Get it done Hibs:flag:

:agree:

jax67
23-01-2020, 11:40 AM
Love the wee guy. His energy and enthusiasm are great attributes that are contagious , soon the players around him will all be infected. Great to have him back.

Greenbeard
23-01-2020, 12:39 PM
Vast improvement with Steph in the team. So comfortable in the ball,stops others playing and gets us moving forward quickly. Once hallberg goes further forward and Scotty has the freedom to roam we are going to be hard to play against especially as doidge,Boyle and Flo are combining well. Should have won easily in the end. Lovely fluent play in the second half. Newell looked much happier too. Beside steph looked really good. Bad goal to lose but remember sdg just back and Jackson's first game for ages. I expect Darren to play v well as it's a big ask for Jackson to play two games so quick after hardly playing. Also might see James for sdg. Ross knows though he has loads of choices now going forward. Great to watch,second half at least.
Off topic I know but it was Silkyva who lost his man for their goal. Pathetic defending. Agree Jackson did ok considering not much football recently. I guess we'll see him rotated a bit with Daz so Daz gets decent recovery time.

Deansy
23-01-2020, 01:08 PM
I was heart-broken when we didn't keep him - now I'm over-the-moon he's back !. He's everything that Hibs should always be - skilful, smart, driven and oozing class !!

J-C
23-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Off topic I know but it was Silkyva who lost his man for their goal. Pathetic defending. Agree Jackson did ok considering not much football recently. I guess we'll see him rotated a bit with Daz so Daz gets decent recovery time.

Add in the fact that Rocky never comes fir a cross near his goal, the corner prior to that one could easily have led to a goal also because he didn't command his area.

JimBHibees
23-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Add in the fact that Rocky never comes fir a cross near his goal, the corner prior to that one could easily have led to a goal also because he didn't command his area.

Was that the one their guy had a free header on six yard line and put over. Huge chance that.

Greenbeard
23-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Agree. Time for Bogdan. Rocky has become Shaky. Don't want the Green Door left open.

J-C
23-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Was that the one their guy had a free header on six yard line and put over. Huge chance that.

Yep that one, he's 6'4" and never commands his area, been a problem since came, fantastic shot stopper but distribution and crosses are his Achilles heel.

Vault Boy
23-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Here's hoping Genoa get relegated, I think he's got a release clause.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Here's hoping Genoa get relegated, I think he's got a release clause.

Just noticed they are bottom of Serie A, but only 2 points from safety