PDA

View Full Version : Ross’s Changes

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Well done Jack Ross. The team wasn’t performing and both tactics and personal needed changed. He acted decisively and did just that. All you can ask in a boss.

On the minus side it would have been nice for Hearts if Accies got three points.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2020, 08:52 PM
heartz fans were still probably wanting Hamilton to win tonight ;)

weecounty hibby
22-01-2020, 08:53 PM
His substitutions and change of shape win us the game. All three subs played very well when they came on

EI255
22-01-2020, 08:55 PM
heartz fans were still probably wanting Hamilton to win tonight ;)Lose lose situation for the Gorgay muppets

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

neil7908
22-01-2020, 08:55 PM
We were dire first half but he went for it at half time and it's paid off. Sadly I don't see a future for Slivka - he was very poor. Him and Hallberg were so pedestrian it was unreal.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Bold subs,got the result well done.
But now the question is does he drop allan who is a passenger just now??

makaveli1875
Ross is the man , he took over when we were struggling and got us winning again . He's going to do well with us .

Unseen work
Brilliant from Ross to make the changes he did. Subbing both your centre midfielders and Scott Allan so early is a bold move and it paid off massively.

What il say about the first half is that whilst it’s easy to criticise the shape or formation, that is no excuse to how we played.

Hamilton out fought and out ran us, that is solely down to the players. The middle 3 were so so slack on the ball and off the pace it was quite unbelievable.

How players perform on the day good or bad isn’t down to Ross.

But I’m delighted he could see what we did in the stands and changed it.

Newell, Omeonga and Horgan added legs in midfield and worked hard.

Since452
22-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Sign of a good manager. Behind at HT, made the changes, kicked some ***** and won the game. Well done

Hibbyradge
22-01-2020, 09:05 PM
I've finally turned my phone on again after switching it off because with all the bed wetting on the match thread during the first half, there was urine pouring out of my phone.

Hamilton pressed us off the park for the first 45 minutes and that, combined with Slivka and Hallberg being utterly ineffectual, they were deservedly in the lead.

Ross recognised what was going wrong and changed it as soon as he had a chance to explain things to the team.

Allan has been off his game for a while but was given a few minutes to get up to speed. Again, Ross acted quickly when it was clear he wasn't getting any joy. 53rd minute, I think.

Did we ever change things round like that under Heckingbottom? Did we ever actually win from a losing position? We must have, I guess. :dunno:

givescotlandfreedom
22-01-2020, 09:07 PM
I've finally turned my phone on again after switching it off because with all the bed wetting on the match thread during the first half, there was urine pouring out of my phone.

Hamilton pressed us off the park for the first 45 minutes and that, combined with Slivka and Hallberg being utterly ineffectual, they were deservedly in the lead.

Ross recognised what was going wrong and changed it as soon as he had a chance to explain things to the team.

Allan has been off his game for a while but was given a few minutes to get up to speed. Again, Ross acted quickly when it was clear he wasn't getting any joy. 53rd minute, I think.

Did we ever change things round like that under Heckingbottom? Did we ever actually win from a losing position? We must have, I guess. :dunno:

Tynecastle under PH for sure. He was too stubborn to make changes which contributed to his downfall.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 09:08 PM

👏 this.

Ross will get this club moving in the right direction.
But he needs backed to get his own soldiers in.

HendoDelivered
22-01-2020, 09:09 PM
“Bang average manager” “He could take us down” 😂😂😂

Hibbyradge
22-01-2020, 09:10 PM
👏 this.

Ross will get this club moving in the right direction.
But he needs backed to get his own soldiers in.

He's being backed, but the recent injuries will have changed his immediate priorities, unfortunately.

stoneyburn hibs
22-01-2020, 09:11 PM

Quoted poster is not new to spouting.

lord bunberry
22-01-2020, 09:11 PM
His changes definitely won the game and that’s always the sign of a good manager, but I have to say Hamilton were excellent in the first half, they pressed us and didn’t give us a minute on the ball. It makes the second half turnaround even more impressive imo.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2020, 09:12 PM
Well done Jack Ross. The team wasn’t performing and both tactics and personal needed changed. He acted decisively and did just that. All you can ask in a boss.

On the minus side it would have been nice for Hearts if Accies got three points.

Top gaffering.

Onion
22-01-2020, 09:14 PM

Good summary. Hamilton worked incredibly hard first 45 but ran out of steam with their pressing game. Jack R's change of shape and subs then made the difference.

Omeonga was sensational. I'd forgotten just how good he was. Great players always seem to have time on the ball, and O's first touch, turning ability, awareness of who's around him and passing was head and shoulder better than anyone else on the park. A joy to watch.

In Allan and O we have the nucleus of an exciting midfield and I cannot wait to see them in the same team.

Irish-Hibee
22-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Ross is the man , he took over when we were struggling and got us winning again . He's going to do well with us .

If you read some of the comments in the match thread at halftime you'd believe he was a worse version of Hecky! Hibs fans really take impatience to a new level.

HoboHarry
22-01-2020, 09:16 PM
If you read some of the comments in the match thread at halftime you'd believe he was a worse version of Hecky! Hibs fans really take impatience to a new level.
:agree: There were a couple from posters who I honestly thought knew better......

I'm_cabbaged
22-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Top gaffering.

**** gaffering to play a 4 3 3 to start with tbh

Brightside
22-01-2020, 09:21 PM
We were awful first half. Midfield just looked slow and lost. The changes made all the difference but the initial line up was was poor.

Onion
22-01-2020, 09:25 PM

Probably a symptom of Hibs having far too many poor managers in the recent past who were incapable to changing a game. We've seen this movie far too often, so understandable that folk get anxious after a first half like that.

JR being able to change tonights game is as much a surprise as it was enjoyable. Full credit to him.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 09:25 PM
**** gaffering to play a 4 3 3 to start with tbh

Dunno looked good to me!
Players let him down first 45,not his tactics.
Allan,slivka,hallberg all well off it tonight,allan was off it on sunday too.
Changes made and the graft from newell omeonga and horgan burst the team into life.

Bronson
22-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Thought joe newell did well tonight, would play him from the start next week over slivka.

I'm_cabbaged
22-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Dunno looked good to me!
Players let him down first 45,not his tactics.
Allan,slivka,hallberg all well off it tonight,allan was off it on sunday too.
Changes made and the graft from newell omeonga and horgan burst the team into life.

Eh? We looked decent when we moved to a 4 4 2?

MrRobot
22-01-2020, 09:35 PM

Did somebody on here say that?!

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Eh? We looked decent when we moved to a 4 4 2?

I thought the players let him down first half as apposed to your "***** gaffering" comment.

Which part are you struggling with buddy?

The Harp Awakes
22-01-2020, 09:39 PM

Spot on. Thought all 3 subs were excellent but Horgan in particular was outstanding. His energy changed the game and the Hamilton defenders couldn't contain him.

HoboHarry
22-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Did somebody on here say that?!
Page 9 of the match thread. Honestly I just laugh at the drama queens now.

1875Hibees
22-01-2020, 09:48 PM
I thought the players let him down first half as apposed to your "***** gaffering" comment.

He's probably struggling with the part that you think he was right to start with a formation that hasnt worked for us all season. Yes, it has a lot to do with the players but also comes down to the manager a lot aswell. You cant just claim it was all the players fault in the first half but then praise the manager when it gets changed.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2020, 09:52 PM
He's probably struggling with the part that you think he was right to start with a formation that hasnt worked for us all season. Yes, it has a lot to do with the players but also comes down to the manager a lot aswell. You cant just claim it was all the players fault in the first half but then praise the manager when it gets changed.

I actually disagree with that.

He had to change formation because he didn't have the subs to continue with it.

When your midfield 3, Slivka, Allan and Hallberg decided they weren't up for it, he was forced to change to a 4-4-2.

Newell, Omeonga and Horgan would have been unable to play 4-3-3, but it's reasonable to think that the other 3 should have.

FilipinoHibs
22-01-2020, 09:54 PM
The new tinkerman

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 09:56 PM

I didn't say right or wrong to start with a 4-3-3.
I said the lineup looked alright to me and the players did not perform for the manager.

I certainly wouldn't describe it as "***** gaffering".

Some folk just talk ***** though 👍

we are hibs
22-01-2020, 09:59 PM
I would like to see him come out and say the performance levels first half werent good enough. Give credit to those who came on and turned it around and the rest for showing a bit character and grinding it out. But that performance 1st half shouldnt be swept under the carpet as theres been far too many of them. We need to find a way of playing consistently well for 90 mins. We seem to do ***** one half and better in the other. Even when we beat aberdeen we werent great then turned it on 2nd half. Same for motherwell at home. Hearts we played well 1st half, werent as good 2nd half. Just want to see us perform well for an entire 90 for a change. Dominate from start to finish, confident and asured.

1875Hibees
22-01-2020, 09:59 PM
I actually disagree with that.

He had to change formation because he didn't have the subs to continue with it.

When your midfield 3, Slivka, Allan and Hallberg decided they weren't up for it, he was forced to change to a 4-4-2.

Newell, Omeonga and Horgan would have been unable to play 4-3-3, but it's reasonable to think that the other 3 should have.
Yeah I agree with that but that formation hasnt worked for us all season. Cant be surprised when it dosent work again which is my point. The players obviously werent good enough but like I said that hasnt worked for us all season so the manager was also at fault. Done well with the changes though, but shouldent have been needed if we started with the right set up.

ancient hibee
22-01-2020, 10:02 PM
I would like to see him come out and say the performance levels first half werent good enough. Give credit to those who came on and turned it around and the rest for showing a bit character and grinding it out. But that performance 1st half shouldnt be swept under the carpet as theres been far too many of them. We need to find a way of playing consistently well for 90 mins. We seem to do ***** one half and better in the other. Even when we beat aberdeen we werent great then turned it on 2nd half. Same for motherwell at home. Hearts we played well 1st half, werent as good 2nd half. Just want to see us perform well for an entire 90 for a change. Dominate from start to finish, confident and asured.

Strangely enough he has done exactly as you asked.

1875Hibees
22-01-2020, 10:02 PM
I didn't say right or wrong to start with a 4-3-3.
I said the lineup looked alright to me and the players did not perform for the manager.

I certainly wouldn't describe it as "***** gaffering".

Some folk just talk ***** though 👍
So, because you think it looks ok then we should be playing well then? More goes in to it than just starting the right players. The set up needs to be right aswell. And the way we were set up hasnt worked all season. I agree with you last point though.

greenlex
22-01-2020, 10:09 PM
So, because you think it looks ok then we should be playing well then? More goes in to it than just starting the right players. The set up needs to be right aswell. And the way we were set up hasnt worked all season. I agree with you last point though.

Apart from the times it has worked of course.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 10:11 PM

Glad we agreed in the end then eh 👍😉

Hibbyradge
22-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Yeah I agree with that but that formation hasnt worked for us all season. Cant be surprised when it dosent work again which is my point. The players obviously werent good enough but like I said that hasnt worked for us all season so the manager was also at fault. Done well with the changes though, but shouldent have been needed if we started with the right set up.

It hasn't worked for us because, as far as I remember, we haven't used a 4-3-3.

I see Lex is saying it has worked so one of us is wrong, but it wasn't the manager.

1875Hibees
22-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Apart from the times it has worked of course.
Yeah its worked really well eh? Heckingbottom was hated by fans and got sacked and that was his go to but slightly variated and Ross has only played it a few times and we have played some of our worst football. It can be a very effective formation with the right players and with the right instructions but obviously hasnt been working for us atm.

1875Hibees
22-01-2020, 10:19 PM

I see Lex is saying it has worked so one of us is wrong, but it wasn't the manager.
Similar set ups. Not the same though. And it has looked more like a 4-2-3-1 most of the times I have seen us this season.

Bishop Hibee
22-01-2020, 10:19 PM
The changes were excellent and got us on the front foot and playing quicker much further up the pitch. The starting line up should have been more ambitious but that’s easy to say in hindsight. Hopefully Ross has learnt that we can afford to be more attack minded against the poorer teams in the league.

CMurdoch
22-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Spot on. Thought all 3 subs were excellent but Horgan in particular was outstanding. His energy changed the game and the Hamilton defenders couldn't contain him.

:aok: Horgan was the catalyst. Sprung the Hamilton traps throwing their game plan into chaos. Ably supported by Newell

P.S. The Hamilton sub centre forward No.99 looked a dreadful player. The ball was bouncing of him.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2020, 10:30 PM
Similar set ups. Not the same though. And it has looked more like a 4-2-3-1 most of the times I have seen us this season.

Maybe, but not 4-3-3.

You're bashing the manager for using a system which has failed us before, except we haven't used it before.

It was the players' fault, not the manager's.

Anyway, he changed and it worked.

The 3 players he dubbed wouldn't have won us that game tonight regardless of what system was used. All 3 were very poor.

Since452
23-01-2020, 05:33 AM
Just listed to Ross's post game interview on YouTube. Very impressive

JimBHibees
23-01-2020, 05:58 AM

Used it on Sunday but thought our forward players were so static first half and very easy to mark. Second half gave us better balance and more space to run into in forward areas with 2 up.

I'm_cabbaged
23-01-2020, 11:10 AM

I’m struggling with the formation, it wouldn’t have mattered who was on the pitch, we would’ve been ***** in the original formation, ehhmm buddy.....