PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen doing it for the supporters??

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Got be honest here and say I have real admiration for how aberdeen are trying to increase the atmosphere,and get people through the turnstiles.

Night time kick-offs and standing ultras section.they really are trying to cement that third force in scottish football.

As hibs seem to be going down the community route, which will indeed bring out fair weather fans and see the hardcore supporters feel less catered for,it will be interesting to see the outcome of both ventures.

Making hibs family friendly and having small singing sections is a bad decision in terms of attracting loyal future hibees imo.

We should revert back to a family enclosure in the west lower for the younger fans,if their family choose to take them there that is.
Plenty opportunities for selfies and signatures.

And get full bulk loads in the east an behind the goals for your more raucous support,if you choose a seat there probably best your not easily offended.
And I am by no means condoning irresponsible behaviour in suggesting this.
And if people canny stay in the stands get the nets up.
Something is gone from football stadiums these days and the good games are few and far between.
All of this is my own opinion and I would delighted to hear peoples thoughts on the way things could be done at easter road to improve the atmosphere.

GGTTH

HappyAsHellas
22-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Just look elsewhere - US, Germany, Poland, hell even Greece caters for fans more than we do. We seem stuck with the "oh, it's for the kiddies" mentality.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Apparently Cormack did the undercover boss thing and went in with the fans to see what their experience was like. Turns out it was *****

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Something is gone from football stadiums these days and the good games are few and far between.
All of this is my own opinion and I would delighted to hear peoples thoughts on the way things could be done at easter road to improve the atmosphere.

GGTTH

I attend a lot less often than I used to, whether it's the sanitisation of the game, getting older or achieving the Holy Grail, I'm not too sure, not such an enjoyable experience as it used to be though.

Hibeesmad
22-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Aberdeen in discussions with Hibs, SFA and Police Scotland about making our game against them on 7th March a night game.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Just look elsewhere - US, Germany, Poland, hell even Greece caters for fans more than we do. We seem stuck with the "oh, it's for the kiddies" mentality.

I loved going to the west enclosure next to the bench and dugout and bantering with the players when I was a youngster going to games.I really think the famous five lower is a lose lose scenario for the club.

What I canny grasp is why we now have a singing section?
The majority of hibbys who sang sat in the east then it verberated around the ground,it you wanted in with them you knew it would be loud and proud,and obviously if we are playing well everyone joins in.
Making it a section has made everyone look to that small area of the stadium to create atmosphere.
I agree other countries blow us out the water with what they do for real support!

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Apparently Cormack did the undercover boss thing and went in with the fans to see what their experience was like. Turns out it was *****

Really? Good on him 👏

calumhibee1
22-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Aberdeen in discussions with Hibs, SFA and Police Scotland about making our game against them on 7th March a night game.

Tell them to **** off.

Waxy
22-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Well i’ve took my kid for years and he seems just as interested in the singing section as the football.
Plays all the hibs youtube since1875 vids.
He loves this. He cant be the only one.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 04:21 PM

Thats what I read that lead to this thread.

We talk about the supporter experience but nothing happens,aberdeen have the wheels in motion.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Thats what I read that lead to this thread.

We talk about the supporter experience but nothing happens,aberdeen have the wheels in motion.

There was a thread on this last week
Why would it be better in the evening, at a cold Pittodrie

HappyAsHellas
22-01-2020, 04:22 PM
It was originally the cave, then the old east - let's be honest it's been downhill all the way since then. I'm not talking about the big games that take care of themselves but most grounds in Scotland there is no atmosphere at all which seems to please the people ruining (running) the game.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Well i’ve took my kid for years and he seems just as interested in the singing section as the football.
Plays all the hibs youtube since1875 vids.
He loves this. He cant be the only one.

Exactly waxy! They want to be in amongst it,and if your a parent who is happy to take them there it will increase the experience tenfold.
Easter road is not iraq ffs.

speedy_gonzales
22-01-2020, 04:26 PM

I realise there are supporters out there that travel further, for longer, but sack going up to Aberdeen on a Saturday night then traveling back down the road just in time for last orders just so the Red Ultra can have a sniff of atmosphere.

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 04:26 PM
There was a thread on this last week
Why would it be better in the evening, at a cold Pittodrie

They are talking about putting on complimentary free busses for us.

Having a 18.30 kick off so folk can have a night out.wee things that make a better experience.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2020, 04:27 PM
A 'singing section' and a family section don't have to be mutually exclusive imo. Kids will love being part of or close to such a thing. I loved hearing adults swearing and the like when I was attending as a bairn. It was funny rather than intimidating and I heard worse most days at school anyway.

I suggested the other day turning over the central section of the FF Lower plus the back 5 rows of the other sections to the singing guys to stand, sing etc then fit the kids in the rest of the space. They would soon join in and it would be packed out. Put a second 'singing section' in the East, round about the traditional singing area near the TV gantry, and let them compete. It worked quite well at Tannadice on Sunday with the United support behind each goal battling it out.

Hibs have moved fans, including me, in the past. Do it again. Talk of boycotts and the like is noise. There may be 1 or 2 who take the huff but the majority of people will get on with it, adapt and still attend as usual.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2020, 04:31 PM

Having a 18.30 kick off so folk can have a night out.wee things that make a better experience.

I didn’t know that, sounds great them

Jones28
22-01-2020, 04:55 PM

That’s a great offer to be fair.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2020, 04:56 PM

That's not a bad deal. Buses though, eh? 😉

we are hibs
22-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Who wants a night out in aberdeen. Its bad enough in the day :greengrin

Joe6-2
22-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Tell them to **** off.

This

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Aberdeen in talks with Hibs to make their March clash a Saturday night game
Dave Cormack is desperate to increase the fan experience and has earmarked the March 7 fixture.

BY SCOTT BURNS
16:29, 22 JAN 2020UPDATED14:36, 22 JAN 2020
0_19796058.jpg
(Image: SNS Group)
Aberdeen want to introduce Saturday night football into the Scottish Premiership.

Dons chiefs are currently in talks with their Hibernian counterparts to see if they can trial it at their Pittodrie clash on March 7.

The game is currently scheduled for 3pm but new Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack is keen to try different things and has never hidden his desire to give Saturday night football a go.

Cormack believes that it would open the door for thousands of people who play football on a Saturday afternoon and it would also open up the American market, where the Dons have a link-up with Atlanta United.

The Aberdeen chief, speaking previously, said: “I would like to see us try a Saturday night kick-off.

“There are thousands of people in Aberdeen who play amateur or youth football and rightly so in the city.

“But if the game was 6.30pm or 7.30pm then I am sure we could attract a lot more people.

0_19703808.jpg
Cormack is keen to bring in new initiatives(Image: SNS Group)

“For those who want to go out afterwards there is still plenty of time to go out.”

Discussions are continuing with the clubs and would also need permission from the SPFL and Police Scotland before it is given the green light.

Hibs are concerned that the later kick-off could have an impact on their fans and limit their options when traveling back from the North-East after the game.

Aberdeen are aware of that and the possibility of complimentary buses on for fans has also been discussed between the clubs.

There would also be the opportunity for Hibernian to trial a similar kick-off when Aberdeen next visit Easter Road, which could happen after the split if they both end up in the same half.

It remains to be seen if there is an appetite for Saturday night football as Dundee’s weekend Scottish Cup clash saw a poor home crowd although the game was on television and struggling Dundee were up against on-form Motherwell.

Aberdonian Cormack, who is based in Atlanta, has not been shy in trialling new initiatives since he took over the Pittodrie helm.

He made it clear from the start he wanted to improve the fan experience at Aberdeen.

Cormack and Aberdeen staff have already spoken to a lot of fans and supporter groups to get feedback about different things.

That led to the introduction of the ‘Red Shed” for Saturday’s Scottish Cup win over Dumbarton.

Cormack agreed to fan requests to turn the Merkland Stand into a traditional away end where fans could sit or stand where they wanted.

More than 2,000 fans bought into it with singing, flares and large flags all adding to an improved atmosphere in the 1-0 win over the Sons.

The club could look to bring it in again although any move is likely to be limited to cup games because of season tickets in the Merkland Stand and licencing laws for the season.

Cormack has also brought in motorbike stunt rider and is looking at other things to get more fans back through the gates.

Other ideas been discussed has been the introduction of megaphones among fans similar to the way they are adopted in American-based sports.

Larry Burns
22-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Tell them to **** off.

Why?

Saturday night games would be brilliant

Stokesy's on fire
22-01-2020, 06:39 PM
We should never pander to the likes of Aberdeen they can **** off

Power
23-01-2020, 09:40 AM

Seen this, trying to gage more opinion on it to make the best representation possible of fans view (amongst finding oot how true it actually is).

I don’t think Hibs fans in general would be against this idea (with the right notice!) or would we be against testing new ideas out but not after already making travel plans - Hibs fans are notorious for being ahead of the game when planning travel & attendance and when this fixture was confirmed as 3pm (one of our last remaining ones this season) and not on television most have organised long distance travel, cheaper train tickets and buses.

So far, it certainly does sound like a massive inconvenience to a high volume of away travelling Hibs fans.

Power
29-01-2020, 12:10 AM
3pm, Saturday 7th March. Pittodrie.

Hibeesmad
29-01-2020, 12:30 AM
3pm, Saturday 7th March. Pittodrie.

👌👍

monktonharp
29-01-2020, 01:32 AM
something's got to give eventually. free buses? canny see that happening, but subsidised maybe. Many years ago now, but we did play Sat/Sun games at E.R during the McLeish era, naw? I would rather have 3pm Sat, but the tv companies call the shots. I would be happier with early/6pm Sat. games than silly 12/12;30 games in Dingwall/Kilmarnock/A/DEEN ETC. FOR THOSE, THE TRAVELLING FANS JUST WONT GO IN NUMBERS.

wearethehibs
29-01-2020, 07:38 AM
Look at last night's match. FF lower empty and quiet.

South Lower, heaving and bouncing.

Hibs could have made last night's game unallocated seating and advertised the FF lower as a singing section. Great chance to try it out but Hibs missed it.

Hopefully we make the Quarters and get a home tie and someone at Hibs thinks outside the box

GreenCastle
29-01-2020, 08:04 AM

Hibs could have made last night's game unallocated seating and advertised the FF lower as a singing section. Great chance to try it out but Hibs missed it.

Hopefully we make the Quarters and get a home tie and someone at Hibs thinks outside the box

Kieran - can you offer this suggestion please for a trial run ?

Power
29-01-2020, 09:21 AM
Kieran - can you offer this suggestion please for a trial run ?

It’s something the club are aware of - I’ve seen open dialogue between Since1875 and club a few times - but it’s difficult balance given it’s season ticket holder seats (offering ST discounts for games like last night) and the FF lower concourse redevelopment.

Club has fresh eyes looking at opportunities and doing different approaches - one that will be considered but has to be right for all and benefit for the club.

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2020, 12:36 PM
He actually makes a good point, think of all the young footballers and parents that's cant attend because they're standing at Forrester High etc.

“There are thousands of people in Aberdeen who play amateur or youth football and rightly so in the city.

“But if the game was 6.30pm or 7.30pm then I am sure we could attract a lot more people.

7Hero
30-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Can only admire this Cormack guy. He's went in and hes trying to change / Disrupt whatever you want to call it. They are doing something different, trying to attract more fans from both sides and helping to sell his club internationally - the KO time is also better for the US TV market (some will laugh but hes thinking big and outside the box).

Some important points about Aberdeen, First they (the board) all went to the states and visited stadiums, this helped them design there new stadium which will maximise there revenue and provide a more profitable platform, investment of around £50m is not to be sneezed at and they reckon they can increase revenue per year £3-£5m on the back of this.

Since he took over there has been something like £12m investment and there annual turnover is over £15m. This with smaller Average crowds than Hibs. The turnover is significantly higher than Hibs. Add on the extra revenue form the new stadium, that's a fair amount of turnover to play with.

He's not only an astute businessman he is a lifelong fan and now in charge of his beloved club, what a fantastic person to have leading your club. The original post was "Aberdeen doing it for the supporters ??" if that was a question then the answer is a confirmed yes.

There is no doubt whatsoever who is the third force in Scotland and it will take a hell of a lot of changes from Hibs and Hearts to even come close. They are also a one team city so other than the glory hunters for the old firm which we all have to compete with they have got a big fan base.

Fair play to them

CMurdoch
30-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Can only admire this Cormack guy. He's went in and hes trying to change / Disrupt whatever you want to call it. They are doing something different, trying to attract more fans from both sides and helping to sell his club internationally - the KO time is also better for the US TV market (some will laugh but hes thinking big and outside the box).

Some important points about Aberdeen, First they (the board) all went to the states and visited stadiums, this helped them design there new stadium which will maximise there revenue and provide a more profitable platform, investment of around £50m is not to be sneezed at and they reckon they can increase revenue per year £3-£5m on the back of this.

Since he took over there has been something like £12m investment and there annual turnover is over £15m. This with smaller Average crowds than Hibs. The turnover is significantly higher than Hibs. Add on the extra revenue form the new stadium, that's a fair amount of turnover to play with.

He's not only an astute businessman he is a lifelong fan and now in charge of his beloved club, what a fantastic person to have leading your club. The original post was "Aberdeen doing it for the supporters ??" if that was a question then the answer is a confirmed yes.

There is no doubt whatsoever who is the third force in Scotland and it will take a hell of a lot of changes from Hibs and Hearts to even come close. They are also a one team city so other than the glory hunters for the old firm which we all have to compete with they have got a big fan base.

Fair play to them

I agree with almost everything you say. All good to brilliant especially Cormack.
However, the rather big fly in the ointment is that there is no flash new stadium just plans and a very big funding gap.
Hibs and Hearts have gone through that financial pain and Aberdeen have yet to start feeling it.

For the £12 million additional investment you mention they have an impressive new training centre and player assets of McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson but importantly still play out of Steptoe's yard.

Flash Dave still needs to pull an awful lot of rabbits out the hat before he can begin to start bridging the gap with the Glasgow pair or even to pull away from the Edinburgh teams.

Moulin Yarns
30-01-2020, 02:15 PM

Fair play to them

Pedant alert

There, their and they're are not interchangeable. One for the pet peeves thread.

Billy Whizz
30-01-2020, 02:18 PM
The young lads I take, can’t do Sunday games as they play youth football that day
Also train 2 nights a week, so couldn’t do Tuesdays game
Must be loads of kids with this sort of problem

joebakerforever
30-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Why?

Saturday night games would be brilliant

No it would NOT be brilliant :no way:

There are other leisure & social activities that are established on Saturday nights.

Are you suggesting that evening clubbing, cinema & shared matrimonial pursuits take place in the afternoon instead to accommodate Saturday night fitba'?

Watching a match in sunny daylight rather than cold late evening under floodlights for me every time!

7Hero
30-01-2020, 03:17 PM
I agree with almost everything you say. All good to brilliant especially Cormack.
However, the rather big fly in the ointment is that there is no flash new stadium just plans and a very big funding gap.
Hibs and Hearts have gone through that financial pain and Aberdeen have yet to start feeling it.

For the £12 million additional investment you mention they have an impressive new training centre and player assets of McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson but importantly still play out of Steptoe's yard.

Flash Dave still needs to pull an awful lot of rabbits out the hat before he can begin to start bridging the gap with the Glasgow pair or even to pull away from the Edinburgh teams.

Funding issues aside, their yearly turnover and consistent high league places show they have already pulled away from the Edinburgh teams

Begbie79
30-01-2020, 03:17 PM
The atmosphere at ER is shocking. Been on the decline for years. Sadly, in my opinion, football is being tailored to cater for people who want to just go and sit on their hands for 90 minutes. Seen the Since 1875 lads slated on here before and other Hibs pages online which is ****.

Stopped going to see Hibs regularly a few years ago, season ticket this season for the first time in ages and lost interest already probably because of the above reason.

Been enjoying going abroad for my football fix and you have to go to a game in Germany, Holland or Serbia to actually grasp how far as fans in Scotland we are down on the clubs list of priorities.

Good on Aberdeen for doing this, Really hope the Since 1875 lads get a bigger/standing section because i think that would get the bug back for alot of fans, myself included.

wearethehibs
09-02-2020, 03:43 PM

Kieran!!

Please run this by the club.

Advertised FF lower as a singing section, Give ST holders a couple of days to buy tickets anywhere in the stadium. Then let general sale commence 👍

tamig
09-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Kieran!!

Advertised FF lower as a singing section, Give ST holders a couple of days to buy tickets anywhere in the stadium. Then let general sale commence 👍

What are you proposing to do about all the FF Lower ST holders? The club don’t know in advance if they’re going to show up or not.

Edit - sorry, I see you’re talking about the cup game.

flash
09-02-2020, 04:11 PM
What are you proposing to do about all the FF Lower ST holders? The club don’t know in advance if they’re going to show up or not.

Edit - sorry, I see you’re talking about the cup game.

To be fair if it's a cup game we can make an educated guess that around 20 folk will turn up in that area.

Hibby70
10-02-2020, 07:02 AM
Kieran!!

Agree, also assume that the FF upper where the singing section will all be available for sale to FF lower st holders.

GreenCastle
10-02-2020, 07:28 AM
Kieran!!

Yup - perfect opportunity to try something different and see if it works. If it doesn’t then at least we know.

You can have the same selling ST process - but make it clear the FF lower will be singing section and families can stay or can move to the temporary west lower family section.

Hibs like to play it safe with most aspects of the club and doubt they will try something different though.

Fuzzywuzzy
10-02-2020, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know whether anything has happened with this change in march time?

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Yup - perfect opportunity to try something different and see if it works. If it doesn’t then at least we know.

You can have the same selling ST process - but make it clear the FF lower will be singing section and families can stay or can move to the temporary west lower family section.

Hibs like to play it safe with most aspects of the club and doubt they will try something different though.

And if it doesn't work? Which section of fans in the stadium will be asked to relocate next?

As it stands, all I can envisage is a small group of fans gradually shifting around the stadium until they end up back in the East.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2020, 07:55 AM

There was and I’m sure there still is some pretty innovative ideas coming out of LWT and now Working Together. The club had little bandwidth (bodies/dosh) around 2012 with cutbacks left right centre. There was a will for some things innovative (stones, Lotto) but I would say at the time quite cautious in the main.

Things like in allocated seating sections (easier for folks to sit with their mates) was suggested back early on but security issues was cited at the time.

basehibby
10-02-2020, 08:31 AM
The atmosphere at ER is often absolutely awful nowadays and it seems on the face of it that, far from trying to improve it, efforts have been made to dampen it down and make it as placid and mouse like as possible.

The Singing section ARE important in this and it's an extremely poor joke to stick them away up in the top corner of the FF. If they cannot sit directly behind the goal - which is a sensible place to put them to try and improve the atmosphere - then they should be back in the East.

In fact - I would say ideally, there should be one singing section in the East and another behind the goal in the FF. There are people in the East that love to have a sing (me for example) but they are isolated and feel like total plums shouting out on their own when noone else is joining in. It definitely helps if there's a hard core there that will get things going. Having that hard core away up in the corner of the FF is just plain stupid - we are shooting ourselves in the foot by persisting with this.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
If you want the club to try something different for the Cup game, RE the Singing Section, then I'd suggest posting about it on here... and telling KP to get it done... is not the most effective tactic.

I'd imagine that adding digs at the club in said posts might also be counter productive.

Perhaps another plan of action might be in order.

GreenCastle
10-02-2020, 08:43 AM
And if it doesn't work? Which section of fans in the stadium will be asked to relocate next?

As it stands, all I can envisage is a small group of fans gradually shifting around the stadium until they end up back in the East.

Maybe - but at least then the club has tried / trialled it.

A full lower end is better than what is currently happening but all it seems to be is about the £££.

basehibby
10-02-2020, 08:53 AM

At least they will have tried. If all we can do is sit on our hands when it's so glaringly obvious something is wrong then we're Donald Ducked for atmosphere going forward and may as well install cushions so folk can have a nice wee sleep undisturbed.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 08:55 AM
At least they will have tried. If all we can do is sit on our hands when it's so glaringly obvious something is wrong then we're Donald Ducked for atmosphere going forward and may as well install cushions so folk can have a nice wee sleep undisturbed.

So what's you're plan for putting your idea to the club?

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 09:14 AM

I think the responsibility is on the club here. They surely don’t need to be made aware of anything.

They know there is an appetite to get the singing section (at least trialled) in the Famous Five lower.

A cup game, when season tickets aren’t valid, is the perfect opportunity to try it in an area that will, otherwise, be relatively empty.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 09:20 AM
I think the responsibility is on the club here. They surely don’t need to be made aware of anything.

They know there is an appetite to get the singing section (at least trialled) in the Famous Five lower.

A cup game, when season tickets aren’t valid, is the perfect opportunity to try it in an area that will, otherwise, be relatively empty.
Eureka!

Last para defo worth a try

Lets go for the cup game versus ICT

The Modfather
10-02-2020, 09:30 AM
The atmosphere at ER is often absolutely awful nowadays and it seems on the face of it that, far from trying to improve it, efforts have been made to dampen it down and make it as placid and mouse like as possible.

The Singing section ARE important in this and it's an extremely poor joke to stick them away up in the top corner of the FF. If they cannot sit directly behind the goal - which is a sensible place to put them to try and improve the atmosphere - then they should be back in the East.

In fact - I would say ideally, there should be one singing section in the East and another behind the goal in the FF. There are people in the East that love to have a sing (me for example) but they are isolated and feel like total plums shouting out on their own when noone else is joining in. It definitely helps if there's a hard core there that will get things going. Having that hard core away up in the corner of the FF is just plain stupid - we are shooting ourselves in the foot by persisting with this.

I’m not against any singing sections, and have misty eyed memories of the atmosphere in the terracing back in the day. However, I’m not particularly bothered about “forced atmospheres”. There’s no negatives to it, but the atmosphere is a reflection of what’s on the park. I’d not expect it to be particularly noisy now given for a large chunk of the season we’re just waiting for it to be over.

Maybe it’s an age thing, but I’m quite happy sitting quietly watching the game when there’s not a lot happening rather than singing for the sake of it.

basehibby
10-02-2020, 09:51 AM
I’m not against any singing sections, and have misty eyed memories of the atmosphere in the terracing back in the day. However, I’m not particularly bothered about “forced atmospheres”. There’s no negatives to it, but the atmosphere is a reflection of what’s on the park. I’d not expect it to be particularly noisy now given for a large chunk of the season we’re just waiting for it to be over.

Maybe it’s an age thing, but I’m quite happy sitting quietly watching the game when there’s not a lot happening rather than singing for the sake of it.

Atmosphere has dissipated in football stadia since the introduction of 100% seating. It's just in the nature of it. I don't particularly want a "forced" atmosphere either. Neither do I want to sit in a morgue like arena with little to no encouragement provided for the team on the park and the ER faithful regularly being outsung by minibusloads of away fans.

basehibby
10-02-2020, 09:58 AM

Given that we have a fans rep on the board - who takes an active interest in this very forum (thank you Kieran Power) - I would hope that the need for me to personally prepare a powerpoint presentation for the benefit of Leanne Dempster et al would be negated. Anyway, "my idea" is hardly revolutionary - it's been talked about on here and elsewhere for years now - I am just contributing my opinion here on a Hibs fans forum because .... I'm a hibs fan and it's about Hibs!

wearethehibs
10-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Don't worry Keith I'm on it :)

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Atmosphere has dissipated in football stadia since the introduction of 100% seating. It's just in the nature of it. I don't particularly want a "forced" atmosphere either. Neither do I want to sit in a morgue like arena with little to no encouragement provided for the team on the park and the ER faithful regularly being outsung by minibusloads of away fans.

But until a couple of seasons ago, the atmosphere in the new East was excellent. And was improving every season. We often drowned out any opposing fans easily.

I'm not convinced the issue is down to seating.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Don't worry Keith I'm on it :)

Thanks, good to know

:greengrin

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 01:09 PM
But until a couple of seasons ago, the atmosphere in the new East was excellent. And was improving every season. We often drowned out any opposing fans easily.

I'm not convinced the issue is down to seating.

I'm not either but I think this is a good chance to find out once and for all.

Frankly, the atmosphere at most Hibs games recently has been dire and I find it disappointing that some people are blaming the club for the lack of noise coming from us, the supporters. It feels to me like yet another stick to beat the club with.

If the experiment proved that the atmosphere is actually improved by having a Singing Section behind the goals, I genuinely would be pleased and would back any practical initiative by the Fans to do something about it... with the caveat that ALL Fans affected would be in favour (that includes the 2-3,000 people that would be inconvenienced by having to move).

Just complaining on here, with no practical plan, no consideration for fellow supporters and expecting everybody else to just get behind it doesn't have my support.... and I'd imagine the club would have a similar view.

Power
10-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know whether anything has happened with this change in march time?

No change. Confirmed that with the club a couple of weeks ago - Saturday 7th March at 3pm ✅

Kieran!!

Cheers for the shout out (wish you can @ tag on here and I would pick this up quicker).

I’ll pass the comments and suggestions onto the club but I think we can all appreciate it’s a difficult one to balance to make sure all types of Hibs fan are catered for.

New ideas are cracking and nothing is impossible - but they do need to be well thought out and planned, taking in all points and sensitivities.

One to work together on.

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2020, 01:14 PM

Frankly, the atmosphere at most Hibs games recently has been dire and I find it disappointing that some people are blaming the club for the lack of noise coming from us, the supporters. It feels to me like yet another stick to beat the club with.

If the experiment proved that the atmosphere is actually improved by having a Singing Section behind the goals, I genuinely would be pleased and would back any practical initiative by the Fans to do something about it... with the caveat that ALL Fans affected would be in favour (that includes the 2-3,000 people that would be inconvenienced by having to move).

Just complaining on here, with no practical plan, no consideration for fellow supporters and expecting everybody else to just get behind it doesn't have my support.... and I'd imagine the club would have a similar view.

I get where you're coming from. Wanting an atmosphere is clearly a good thing. I get that. And until a couple of seasons ago, we had that.

I just thought there was a recent survey around where any potential 'standing section' would be, and the majority said the East. Is this different from a 'singing section'? Apologies if it is and I'm misunderstanding.

I'd also suggest a small minority demanding that a family section be relocated isn't really showing consideration to fellow supporters.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 01:16 PM
No change. Confirmed that with the club a couple of weeks ago - Saturday 7th March at 3pm ✅

Cheers for the shout out (wish you can @ tag on here and can pick this up quicker).

I’ll pass the comments and suggestions onto the club but I think we can all appreciate it’s a difficult one to balance to make sure all types of Hibs fan are catered for.

New ideas are cracking and nothing is impossible - but they do need to be well thought out and planned, taking in all points and sensitivities.

One to work together on.

As I'm sure you may have noticed, from my numerous posts on the subject, those are my sentiments exactly

:wink:

I'll now shut up (cheering is heard from all quarters ;) )

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 01:17 PM
I get where you're coming from. Wanting an atmosphere is clearly a good thing. I get that. And until a couple of seasons ago, we had that.

I just thought there was a recent survey around where any potential 'standing section' would be, and the majority said the East. Is this different from a 'singing section'? Apologies if it is and I'm misunderstanding.

I'd also suggest a small minority demanding that a family section be relocated isn't really showing consideration to fellow supporters.

I think we're in agreement

:aok:

basehibby
10-02-2020, 03:06 PM

I've not seen anyone on this thread blaming the club for supporters not making a noise - but now you mention it they have played a part in bringing us to where we are now....

The story so far as I understand it since completion of the East Stand...

1) On completion the East sells out completely and is a great success - however, there is some recognition of the damping effect all seater stadia have on atmosphere and, as a result some fans get together to create a singing section.
2) This has a positive effect - adding to the level of noise generated in the East
3) Some of those fans - clearly influenced by other clubs, notably on the continent, who's "ultras" tend to congregate behind one goal and do displays etc - propose moving their singing section to behind the goals in the FF - which is currently half empty more often than not - looking distinctly unimpressive on the tele. They approach the club with this proposal.
4) The club refuse to implement this on the grounds that it's currently an adults and kids section and it might mean some of these fans will have to move.
5) A poor compromise is reached whereby the singing section ends up where they are now - poked away in a corner where they can be barely seen or heard. The end result is a poorer atmosphere at ER as some of our most noisy and enthusiastic supporters are effectively sidelined - their influence on proceedings minimised.

Now - I'm not saying that the club has deliberately gone out of their way to create a poor atmosphere at ER, but they have certainly not made it a priority to improve it either. I think this needs to change as we have reached a bit of a nadir where the atmosphere is concerned. This would not be all that hard to fix - it just needs a little bit of imagination allied to common sense, and giving the fans who want to make a noise a bit more prominence is a mind blowingly obvious step to take. The idea that this would "inconvenience" 2-3000 people is just nonsense - as is the notion that absolutely every individual affected would have to agree to everything. The stadium belongs to the club and if the club decided to make an area into executive seating then there would be little anyone could do if they were unhappy short of taking their business away. The same would be the case if an area was designated a "singing section".

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2020, 05:23 PM
I've not seen anyone on this thread blaming the club for supporters not making a noise - but now you mention it they have played a part in bringing us to where we are now....

The story so far as I understand it since completion of the East Stand...

1) On completion the East sells out completely and is a great success - however, there is some recognition of the damping effect all seater stadia have on atmosphere and, as a result some fans get together to create a singing section.
2) This has a positive effect - adding to the level of noise generated in the East
3) Some of those fans - clearly influenced by other clubs, notably on the continent, who's "ultras" tend to congregate behind one goal and do displays etc - propose moving their singing section to behind the goals in the FF - which is currently half empty more often than not - looking distinctly unimpressive on the tele. They approach the club with this proposal.
4) The club refuse to implement this on the grounds that it's currently an adults and kids section and it might mean some of these fans will have to move.
5) A poor compromise is reached whereby the singing section ends up where they are now - poked away in a corner where they can be barely seen or heard. The end result is a poorer atmosphere at ER as some of our most noisy and enthusiastic supporters are effectively sidelined - their influence on proceedings minimised.

Now - I'm not saying that the club has deliberately gone out of their way to create a poor atmosphere at ER, but they have certainly not made it a priority to improve it either. I think this needs to change as we have reached a bit of a nadir where the atmosphere is concerned. This would not be all that hard to fix - it just needs a little bit of imagination allied to common sense, and giving the fans who want to make a noise a bit more prominence is a mind blowingly obvious step to take. The idea that this would "inconvenience" 2-3000 people is just nonsense - as is the notion that absolutely every individual affected would have to agree to everything. The stadium belongs to the club and if the club decided to make an area into executive seating then there would be little anyone could do if they were unhappy short of taking their business away. The same would be the case if an area was designated a "singing section".

I still don't know what the club have done/are doing wrong here?

Seems to me they offered a compromise to a small group of fans, whilst rightly protecting the seats of fans. Seems completely fair.

As per my point earlier. What happens if FFL is given over as a singing section and fails? Which set of fans are they going to want to move next time?

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 08:22 PM
"Aberdeen doing it for the supporters??"

One goal in the last six games?

I'm gonna go with... no ;-)

jgl07
10-02-2020, 09:48 PM
I still don't know what the club have done/are doing wrong here?

Seems to me they offered a compromise to a small group of fans, whilst rightly protecting the seats of fans. Seems completely fair.

As per my point earlier. What happens if FFL is given over as a singing section and fails? Which set of fans are they going to want to move next time?

There are probably two separate issues. One the need for a better placed singing section. Two what to do about the Family Section.

It has been an ongoing issue for years of an, at best, half empty FF Lower Tier and. at worst. a near empty tier. This is despite the fact that vast majority being sold as season tickets. Clearly lots of people are buying (£30?) season tickets and rarely showing up. I don't knopw what can be done about this? Does anything need to be done? It just means empty seats in one place rather than another apart from the big matches.

Clearly it is a logistical nightmare tomove a thousand or more from the Family Stand to somewhere else and then move those displaced somewhere else. If the current singing section were moved to the FF Lower and everyone else moved out, it would be emptier than it is at the moment.

I don't see anything happening at all.

basehibby
11-02-2020, 08:35 AM
There are probably two separate issues. One the need for a better placed singing section. Two what to do about the Family Section.

It has been an ongoing issue for years of an, at best, half empty FF Lower Tier and. at worst. a near empty tier. This is despite the fact that vast majority being sold as season tickets. Clearly lots of people are buying (£30?) season tickets and rarely showing up. I don't knopw what can be done about this? Does anything need to be done? It just means empty seats in one place rather than another apart from the big matches.

Clearly it is a logistical nightmare tomove a thousand or more from the Family Stand to somewhere else and then move those displaced somewhere else. If the current singing section were moved to the FF Lower and everyone else moved out, it would be emptier than it is at the moment.

I don't see anything happening at all.

There is no need for everyone to move out though is there???

If a degree of common sense is applied to the problem allied to a genuine will to improve the atmosphere in the stadium (and thereby everybody's matchday experience) then a solution will be found. If the attitude is to look for and focus on problems rather than solutions then you're right - probably nothing will happen at all.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2020, 07:51 PM
This game definitely the 7th March 3pm? :dunno:

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2020, 09:04 PM
There is no need for everyone to move out though is there???

If a degree of common sense is applied to the problem allied to a genuine will to improve the atmosphere in the stadium (and thereby everybody's matchday experience) then a solution will be found. If the attitude is to look for and focus on problems rather than solutions then you're right - probably nothing will happen at all.

But surely advocating a move to the FFL is straight into solution mode?

Which was possibly the initial mistake moving from the East in the first place.

I'm wondering if some proper analysis is needed before any dramatic change.

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 09:15 PM

Was wondering that myself, but I see Kieran Power stated earlier (near top of this page) that there is no change and it’s Saturday 7th 3pm.
Getting to the time that those travelling need to start making their plans. Hopefully we won’t be stung with a late change.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Was wondering that myself, but I see Kieran Power stated earlier (near top of this page) that there is no change and it’s Saturday 8th 3pm.
Getting to the time that those travelling need to start making their plans. Hopefully we won’t be stung with a late change.

7th no?

Yeah fans will be looking at train prices soon.

Chuck Rhoades
11-02-2020, 09:24 PM

100% confirmed.

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 09:37 PM
7th no?

Yeah fans will be looking at train prices soon.

7th yes - slip of the finger!

Hermit Crab
11-02-2020, 09:39 PM
100% confirmed.

:aok:

Power
11-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Aberdeen - Aye, definitely Sat 7th at 3pm ✅

Inverness QF - by way of update - Club will look at all ticket/seating options for the Inverness game once the date has been decided.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2020, 10:08 PM
sitting in the east section 38 and we can hear them louder in the south stand than we can our own in the stand just a very short distance to our right.

tear down those walls and fill that damn corner in :)

B.H.F.C
11-02-2020, 10:14 PM

Inverness QF - by way of update - Club will look at all ticket/seating options for the Inverness game once the date has been decided.

Any idea when it’s likely to be decided by?

Chuck Rhoades
12-02-2020, 06:07 AM

Why does that matter K, out of curiosity?

Carheenlea
12-02-2020, 06:33 AM

Probably buying a bit of time to look over all options and the practicalities before announcing anything.

Phil MaGlass
12-02-2020, 07:45 AM

I agree you cant keep asking fans to relocate, but I really thinkmif they got the FF lower behind the goals the area would grow and grow, I have seen this happen at 2 stadiums, they were given a section behind the goals and it eventually filled to become over 4 sections pretty fast. I am almost sure this will grow if mowved to lower, but we cant keep moving ST,s to accomodate.

https://images.app.goo.gl/DmPDViXmzjsCCqyXA

https://images.app.goo.gl/HR7Eydb8rPQn8GKy6

Power
12-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Any idea when it’s likely to be decided by?

Hopefully today or tomorrow.

That will help with planning - different days of the week and kick off times effect attendance - Good that the club are willing to look at new ideas but they need to take in all points respectfully and be comfortable in the operation of their match.

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2020, 04:11 PM
Hopefully today or tomorrow.

That will help with planning - different days of the week and kick off times effect attendance - Good that the club are willing to look at new ideas but they need to take in all points respectfully and be comfortable in the operation of their match.

So looks like this has been overlooked again. Sales start at 12pm Monday and no dialogue either way on the idea.

Hermit Crab
14-02-2020, 04:18 PM
So looks like this has been overlooked again. Sales start at 12pm Monday and no dialogue either way on the idea.

Sales for what? The Aberdeen game? Nothing on Hibs website about this. Games is confirmed as 3pm on the Saturday though. Fans rep posted on this thread confirming it.

Cup game confirmed as 7:45 on the Friday night. Prices announced as well.

hfc rd
14-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Sales for what? The Aberdeen game? Nothing on Hibs website about this. Games is confirmed as 3pm on the Saturday though. Fans rep posted on this thread confirming it.

Inverness cup game

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2020, 04:25 PM

ICT cup.

green day
14-02-2020, 04:27 PM

What idea????