PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DEAN GIBSON APPOINTED HIBERNIAN LADIES HEAD COACH

RSS Bot
21-01-2020, 06:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10510)

Joe6-2
21-01-2020, 10:10 PM
Congrats Dean on your move up, best of luck!

Power
21-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Top man ✅

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2020, 11:59 PM
Aye .. well good luck mate, coz with Celtic on the cusp of a professional team, which means the Huns will no doubt follow suit, the likes of Hibs and Glasgow City are gonna be screwed ... Coz that's the way the Uglies operate ... They can't tolerate any assault on their stranglehold, even in women's football.

Lets face it, a woman on 0K a year to play for Hibs or 20K a year to play for them ... what would you do? It's a real shame, but that's how its gonna' go.

Beefster
22-01-2020, 06:52 AM
Aye .. well good luck mate, coz with Celtic on the cusp of a professional team, which means the Huns will no doubt follow suit, the likes of Hibs and Glasgow City are gonna be screwed ... Coz that's the way the Uglies operate ... They can't tolerate any assault on their stranglehold, even in women's football.

Lets face it, a woman on 0K a year to play for Hibs or 20K a year to play for them ... what would you do? It's a real shame, but that's how its gonna' go.

I’m not sure how players getting paid to play is a bad thing. It was inevitable.

Brightside
22-01-2020, 07:05 AM

You wont find many in Scotland getting 20k per year thats for sure. Very few in England getting more than that. I'm delighted for Dean, he's a great young coach. But it does tell you that Hibs are continuing to invest nothing in the womans side. I was told we should hear something this week that would change all that but I'm not giving that much hope.

calumhibee1
22-01-2020, 07:28 AM
You wont find many in Scotland getting 20k per year thats for sure. Very few in England getting more than that. I'm delighted for Dean, he's a great young coach. But it does tell you that Hibs are continuing to invest nothing in the womans side. I was told we should hear something this week that would change all that but I'm not giving that much hope.

Why does the appointment of Dean tell us that? Maybe he was the best candidate?

Brightside
22-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Why does the appointment of Dean tell us that? Maybe he was the best candidate?

He probably was the best candidate. He already works for the Foundation so from a funding perspective he is a great choice for Hibs. External candidates wouldnt have been bursting the door down for the "salary". As i said I'm delighted for Dean - I've watched him coach and he is very talented. All he needs now is some support to get more players in.....and more help all the way down the pathway. Hibs will say all the right things but at the moment that Squad is a shell of what it was.