PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INJURY UPDATE | JASON NAISMITH AND RYAN PORTEOUS

RSS Bot
21-01-2020, 05:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10509)

wookie70
21-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Dreadful news, get well soon Ryan and good luck in the future Jason

Hibee Mac
21-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Absolute disaster

Diclonius
21-01-2020, 05:47 PM
Gutted.

However, the fact that we're keeping Naismith at HTC rather than sending him back suggests we will be buying him.

Vault Boy
21-01-2020, 05:47 PM
Bad news.

Glad Porto has signed a new deal.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2020, 05:49 PM
Absolute nightmare.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Horrendous news.

ABZHFC
21-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Awful news. Just makes the managers who insist that a winter break helps reduce the number of injuries look all the more ridiculous. Scrap it now

Groathillgrump
21-01-2020, 05:52 PM
We're having no luck with injuries this season.

Best wishes to them both for a full recovery.

tamig
21-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Awful news. Just makes the managers who insist that a winter break helps reduce the number of injuries look all the more ridiculous. Scrap it now

I think the break is flawed too but are you implying that the break was to blame for these injuries?

ABZHFC
21-01-2020, 05:55 PM
I think the break is flawed too but are you implying that the break was to blame for these injuries?

Not playing any competitive games for three weeks is ridiculous, and there's no doubt in my mind that going from playing no games for that period of time to suddenly having to play 6 in 3 weeks will contribute to more injuries

Since90+2
21-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Not playing any competitive games for three weeks is ridiculous, and there's no doubt in my mind that going from playing no games for that period of time to suddenly having to play 6 in 3 weeks will contribute to more injuries

Don't want this to sound like a smart arse reply as it's not meant to be but we have very qualified people in the field of sports science who will be far better placed than me or you to assess something like that.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2020, 06:01 PM

Is there scientific analysis to back this up? What happens when a player is benched for 3 weeks or longer, then plays?

Both injuries had nothing to do with a 3 week break.

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Beat get the cheque book out as we deffo need another centre half in the building now...bad news and gutted for them both

Onion
21-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Horrendous news, especially for Ryan. Only chink of light is this has happened BEFORE the end of the Jan windows so - in theory- we are able to bring in players to fill the gaps. Whether His shave the funds or ambition to bring in those players is the question.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Horrendous news, especially for Ryan. Only chink of light is this has happened BEFORE the end of the Jan windows so - in theory- we are able to bring in players to fill the gaps. Whether His shave the funds or ambition to bring in those players is the question.

Here we go. We're skint and our owner has no ambition 🙄

Torto7
21-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Brutal news. I take it Jackson will be staying now? I'd be on the phone to Efe.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2020, 06:19 PM

Maybe without it 3 players would've been injured? You've no idea and this is an awful sample size.

RIP
21-01-2020, 06:32 PM
I’ve just watched the full game again and it’s as clear as day that Porto was fouled numerous times before he had to come off.

Robbie Neilson hatchet job. The training from Potter clearly stood him in good stead

04Sauzee
21-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Gutted.

However, the fact that we're keeping Naismith at HTC rather than sending him back suggests we will be buying him.

Did we not do that with Agyepong during his lengthy injury? I wouldn't mind seeing Naismith signing with Hibs.

Since452
21-01-2020, 06:42 PM
I’ve just watched the full game again and it’s as clear as day that Porto was fouled numerous times before he had to come off.

Robbie Neilson hatchet job. The training from Potter clearly stood him in good stead

I thought at the game they were trying to get him sent off through a frustrated rash challenge

Hibeesmad
21-01-2020, 06:44 PM
Gutted for both. Such a positive interview the other day from Naismith for this then to happen, wouldn't be against him being here next season.

Keyser Sauzee
21-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Will Naismith be sent back to Peterborough if he’s not going to play again this season?

Vault Boy
21-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Will Naismith be sent back to Peterborough if he’s not going to play again this season?

I've no problem if he's staying as a gesture of good will, however your point still stands and you'd think it'd make sense for him to head back down. He's still going to be contracted to them for another year when he's fit again.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2020, 07:03 PM
I've no problem if he's staying as a gesture of good will, however your point still stands and you'd think it'd make sense for him to head back down. He's still going to be contracted to them for another year when he's fit again.

I’m presuming Naismith doesn’t need surgery

Vault Boy
21-01-2020, 07:06 PM
I’m presuming Naismith doesn’t need surgery

Hasn't been stated in the statement, however I'd imagine that'll have to be assessed over the next few days and weeks. Depends on how things develop IIRC.

Weegreenman
21-01-2020, 08:18 PM
What a nightmare for the two lads, hope they recover fully and quickly 👍

hibbysam
21-01-2020, 09:34 PM

He was definitely saying to the physio when walking down to the tunnel that the original injury happened when their player shoved Naismith (I think) which then pole axed Porto in the air, it was then only made worse by his tackle second half. He took at least 3 dull ones though which Clancy let them away with, while booking Lewis’ first foul. Boyle came back from his second op fairly quickly so hopefully Porto does the same, but if it needs to wait until next season to make a comeback then I’m all for it as long as he’s fully fit and not rushed.