PDA

View Full Version : Porteous New Contract

yerauldda
21-01-2020, 05:38 PM
Signed up to 2023. Great business.

Onion
21-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Signed up to 2023. Great business.

Potentially. IMO Ryan needs to be MUCH more disciplined, less rash and better at reading the game. Whether that happens at Hibs or else where - he's a raw talent - who could develop into a top defender. But he's miles away from that at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2020, 06:38 PM
Is this actually an extension, I though he was here until then anyway? I think we're now just paying him more.

GloryGlory
21-01-2020, 06:42 PM
Is this actually an extension, I though he was here until then anyway? I think we're now just paying him more.

I think he has had his existing contract improved - i.e. more money - rather than extended.

McKenzie
21-01-2020, 07:15 PM

Sounds like a clause in the contract enabling him better terms should he hit certain performance targets. “Improved terms” is the phrase used by Mathie

J-C
21-01-2020, 07:25 PM
He'll be getting 1st team wages instead of a Development one, probably go from £400 to £1200, or something similar as I don't know the wages at ER.

Diclonius
21-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Potentially. IMO Ryan needs to be MUCH more disciplined, less rash and better at reading the game. Whether that happens at Hibs or else where - he's a raw talent - who could develop into a top defender. But he's miles away from that at the moment.

Yup.

At the rate he's going he'll be the next McPake.

neil7908
21-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Ryan can go very far in the game.

But he really needs to start learning. He will likely be 21 by the time he's back from injury. That's still very young, particularly for a centre back, but imo I haven't seen much improvement in his game since he broke into the first team.

1van Sprou7e
22-01-2020, 02:10 AM
He'll be getting 1st team wages instead of a Development one, probably go from £400 to £1200, or something similar as I don't know the wages at ER.

Surely he was on more than £400/week?

Since452
22-01-2020, 05:30 AM
He's going to have a short career if he's not careful. Only 20 and two serious injuries already throwing his body about

J-C
22-01-2020, 06:04 AM
Surely he was on more than £400/week?

Did you not read all of that post? I said I don't know the wages at ER and it was merely a guess to show what kind of raise it could be.

Hibs90
22-01-2020, 06:44 AM
Getting a bit frustrated with Ryan to be honest. He really needs to learn that he can't dive in every single time. Hopefully a wee wake up call and Daz, Hanlon etc are having a wee word.

Barman Stanton
22-01-2020, 10:21 AM
I think people are a bit too critical of Porteous. A 20 year old Centre Half is going to make mistakes in the Premier League. Its a very technical position where experience is crucial.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2020, 10:27 AM
Did you not read all of that post? I said I don't know the wages at ER and it was merely a guess to show what kind of raise it could be.

To be fair to 1van Sprou7e, you did also say 'probably £400 - £1200, or similar'. It's fair then to assume that's what you think the wage range is.

J-C
22-01-2020, 11:19 AM
To be fair to 1van Sprou7e, you did also say 'probably £400 - £1200, or similar'. It's fair then to assume that's what you think the wage range is.

And I finished that sentence with I dont know the wages are at ER, which means it was a guess.

allezsauzee
22-01-2020, 11:58 AM
I think people are a bit too critical of Porteous. A 20 year old Centre Half is going to make mistakes in the Premier League. Its a very technical position where experience is crucial.

This is true , however when your mistakes end up putting you out of action through injury for prolonged periods and suspended for big games then the onus is on you to learn and learn quickly. Don't get me wrong , absolutely delighted with him signing an extension and think he's already good enough to be a first pick in defence, but Ryan could be anything if he cuts out the daft stuff.

Barman Stanton
22-01-2020, 12:06 PM
This is true , however when your mistakes end up putting you out of action through injury for prolonged periods and suspended for big games then the onus is on you to learn and learn quickly. Don't get me wrong , absolutely delighted with him signing an extension and think he's already good enough to be a first pick in defence, but Ryan could be anything if he cuts out the daft stuff.

He will learn from it. He himself has already said as much, last sending off made him miss the derby. I just think some are expecting a bit much from the lad.

We have another thread complaining about not enough youngsters being developed. Yet on here there are plenty criticizing a 20 year old with only 36 premier League games under his belt. We need to give our youngsters time to develop and crucially allow them to make mistakes.

Coco Bryce
22-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Ryan will now be one of the highest earners in the squad.

And we can now demand much more now the Old Firm have enquired about him.

Sioux
22-01-2020, 03:51 PM
1. He'll be getting 1st team wages instead of a Development one, 2. probably go from £400 to £1200, or something similar as I don't know the wages at ER.

1.You're stating that as a fact
2. You're also saying that he was probably on £400 per week and is now on £1,200 per week. 'Probability' is usually based on some factual background information, but you then contradict that by saying
you don't know.

Is there a point to your post anywhere?

greenlex
22-01-2020, 03:57 PM
2. You're also saying that he was probably on £400 per week and is now on £1,200 per week. 'Probability' is usually based on some factual background information, but you then contradict that by saying
you don't know.

Very harsh. He’s quantified his guess as just that. Al he’s saying is he will be going from development wages (which he’s not far off the mark with)to first team wages.

J-C
22-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Very harsh. He’s quantified his guess as just that. Al he’s saying is he will be going from development wages (which he’s not far off the mark with)to first team wages.

👍 cheers, couldn't be arsed answering his slightly cheeky reply.

Allant1981
22-01-2020, 04:31 PM
you don't know.

Is it really that big a deal?