PDA

View Full Version : What Impact Will Omeonga Have?

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 06:52 AM
Latest episode of Hibs Talk we look into Omeonga's return and what he brings to the team. We also discuss

McNulty Rumours
Dundee United Game
Boyle Form
Quiz And Room 1902
Listeners Questions

Spotify|
https://t.co/9vULEu0Xup
Web|
https://t.co/X6ZoCaeUtJ
Apple|
https://t.co/kPXuY3j3DR
YouTube|
https://t.co/jmIp6pB4BC

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Since452
21-01-2020, 07:04 AM
I think he'll give the team a boost with his enthusiasm alone. Wish we'd managed to get Henderson for that reason too.

Never seen Omeonga and Allan in the same team so excited to see that

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Can he play against Dundee United or was he not registered in time for the original cup tie?

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 07:06 AM
I think he'll give the team a boost with his enthusiasm alone. Wish we'd managed to get Henderson for that reason too.

Never seen Omeonga and Allan in the same team so excited to see thatI didn't even think about Allan and Omeonga linking up for the first time. Think with the right holding Midfielder, Omeonga Hallberg and Allan in front of them could be an exciting midfield!

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 07:09 AM
Can he play against Dundee United or was he not registered in time for the original cup tie?That was on my list of questions for Ross yesterday but he covered it.

Think it was the international clearance wasn't through in time, however with the amount of flying don't think he would have but him in.

Will be involved for the replay though.

Since452
21-01-2020, 07:10 AM
Can he play against Dundee United or was he not registered in time for the original cup tie?

I believe he was registered but left out with all the traveling etc

Peevemor
21-01-2020, 07:11 AM
That was on my list of questions for Ross yesterday but he covered it.

Think it was the international clearance wasn't through in time, however with the amount of flying don't think he would have but him in.

Will be involved for the replay though.

If he wasn't eligible (registered) for Sunday then he can't play in the replay apparently.

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 07:12 AM
If he wasn't eligible (registered) for Sunday then he can't play in the replay apparently.Really? That's gutting if true. Could have done with his energy on Sunday.

number9dream
21-01-2020, 07:35 AM
I didn't even think about Allan and Omeonga linking up for the first time. Think with the right holding Midfielder, Omeonga Hallberg and Allan in front of them could be an exciting midfield!

Sounds good but it means dropping one from Boyle, Kamberi & Doidge...
Omeonga is going to need a few weeks to catch up in terms of match fitness since he’s hardly kicked a ball since he left us.

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 07:38 AM
Sounds good but it means dropping one from Boyle, Kamberi & Doidge...
Omeonga is going to need a few weeks to catch up in terms of match fitness since he’s hardly kicked a ball since he left us.Yeah he said he was fit and ready to go but he's played 3 games all season, think we'll need to gradually bring him in from the bench a few times.

Never thought about that, don't want to drop any of those 3. Can we not just play a 4-1-3-3? [emoji23].

How would you line up if we sign a quality CDM as well?

ahibby
21-01-2020, 07:50 AM
If we r weak defensively due to injuries i hope he takes pressure of by thwarting attacks in midfield then gives a platform for attack

hibee-boys
21-01-2020, 07:53 AM
Will score the winning goal in the Scottish Cup final, heard it here first.

Edit: zero clue if this will happen but I would like all the adulation given to Saul if it does😎

The 90+2
21-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Yeah he said he was fit and ready to go but he's played 3 games all season, think we'll need to gradually bring him in from the bench a few times.

Never thought about that, don't want to drop any of those 3. Can we not just play a 4-1-3-3? [emoji23].

How would you line up if we sign a quality CDM as well?

I would have him in ahead of Hallberg.

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2020, 08:07 AM
I thought he was brilliant at nicking the ball off opposition players

I would just like to see him add more of an end product to his game re assists and goals

I remember him nicking the ball off a Rangers player outside our box and the move led to our equaliser Stevie G was convinced Omeonga had fouled his man- brilliant!

Looking forward to seeing him team up with Scott Allan

Smartie
21-01-2020, 08:19 AM
I think he'll give us a good bit more in games against Rangers and Celtic - we've struggled badly in midfield against them both lately and that was never the case before. Against them I'd be inclined to drop Allan and play a new DM plus have Hallberg and Omeonga in the middle, Boyle and Kamberi coming in off the flanks and Doidge up front on his own.

Against weaker teams I do like the diamond.

We've missed Omeonga's mobility and it will be good to have someone who can nick the ball in tackles as well as drive up the park in possession.

Keith_M
21-01-2020, 08:55 AM
He's not The Messiah

hibee-boys
21-01-2020, 09:01 AM
He's not The Messiah

.....he's a very naughty boy!!

ahibby
21-01-2020, 10:57 AM
He's not The Messiah

Neither is Vela but Omeonga might work out better. Given the choice Vela or Omeonga most of us would choose the latter. So we r happier to have a midfielder we can use sometimes. Vela did at least score though.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2020, 11:34 AM
He isn't going to improve us massively IMO, but he could add to the energy and dynamism of the midfield and certainly make us a bit harder to play against, that in itself would be a step in the right direction.

hibsbollah
21-01-2020, 11:50 AM
...he will be make a splash akin to Cantona's arrival at Man Utd. He will hit the ground running as a swaggering, jinking genius who will lead us on glorious European nights and reinvent how we look at the Scottish game.

heretoday
21-01-2020, 12:02 PM
...he will be make a splash akin to Cantona's arrival at Man Utd. He will hit the ground running as a swaggering, jinking genius who will lead us on glorious European nights and reinvent how we look at the Scottish game.

Hurrah!

HibsTalk
21-01-2020, 12:29 PM
...he will be make a splash akin to Cantona's arrival at Man Utd. He will hit the ground running as a swaggering, jinking genius who will lead us on glorious European nights and reinvent how we look at the Scottish game.No pressure Stephane!

Keith_M
21-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Neither is Vela but Omeonga might work out better. Given the choice Vela or Omeonga most of us would choose the latter. So we r happier to have a midfielder we can use sometimes. Vela did at least score though.

I know that, I just hope that people don't think he's suddenly going to transform the team all on his own.

I've seen this so many times before, where one player coming back from long term injury, or whatever, has been expected to miraculously change our whole season.

He isn't going to improve us massively IMO, but he could add to the energy and dynamism of the midfield and certainly make us a bit harder to play against, that in itself would be a step in the right direction.

This

ancient hibee
21-01-2020, 04:12 PM
He'll make the midfield look busier as he has a lot of energy but for someone to suggest leaving out Allan to fit him in is daft.Allan has been involved in the last four goals we've scored.Omeonga will have to up his output to match that.

Smartie
21-01-2020, 04:16 PM
He'll make the midfield look busier as he has a lot of energy but for someone to suggest leaving out Allan to fit him in is daft.Allan has been involved in the last four goals we've scored.Omeonga will have to up his output to match that.

I was suggesting doing that against Celtic and Rangers, we've been bossed by them in the middle of the park and I think Omeonga will help address that.

Scott Allan is the first name on the team sheet most weeks.

vahibbie
21-01-2020, 04:41 PM

Is that it. Was expecting a wee bit more to be honest😂

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2020, 05:51 PM

When zee seagulls follow zee baller....