PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOSH VELA COMPLETES SHREWSBURY TOWN MOVE

RSS Bot
20-01-2020, 04:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10506)

aljo7-0
20-01-2020, 04:11 PM
Frees up a wage. good!

J-C
20-01-2020, 04:11 PM
That's great news, frees up a good wage, pity it didn't work out as he came with a very decent cv.

Hibeesmad
20-01-2020, 04:13 PM
I'd imagine Hibs will have some kind of sell on clause added to this too.

DavidDavidGray
20-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Unbelievable scenes. Omeonga in and Vela out. Superb stuff.

Billy Whizz
20-01-2020, 04:15 PM
Good luck Josh, Shame it didn’t work out for you

Greenbeard
Frees up a wage. good!
Not just good. It is Vela good, misnomer aside.

The 90+2
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10506)

Is it too greedy to hope for a sell on clause?

J-C
20-01-2020, 04:16 PM

Why? We got him for nowt, it didn't work, he goes for nowt, very simple.

Tully
20-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Probably used money for omenga

Hibeesmad
20-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Is it too greedy to hope for a sell on clause?

He be worth £5 million once he scores a hat trick against Liverpool on the weekend, after returning from this injury which stopped him travelling to Spain last week.

Hibeesmad
20-01-2020, 04:18 PM

On a 3 year deal and clubs were bidding a bit of money for him not too long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the club agreed a 10% sell on fee.

The 90+2
20-01-2020, 04:19 PM
He be worth £5 million once he scores a hat trick against Liverpool on the weekend, after returning from this injury which stopped him travelling to Spain last week.

Chances, eh?

hibee-boys
20-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Bogdan/Steph in......Maxwell/Vela out. This window gets better by the day!

J-C
20-01-2020, 04:22 PM
On a 3 year deal and clubs were bidding a bit of money for him not too long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the club agreed a 10% sell on fee.

Poor signing, big wage happy to get shot.

Hibeesmad
20-01-2020, 04:22 PM

Aye, replacing him with Omeonga is good business by the club.

Craig_HFC
20-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out Josh, total imposter.

[emoji1309]

MagicSwirlingShip
20-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Vela to setup Cummings for the winner at Liverpool then 😂

Lago
20-01-2020, 04:29 PM

I'd bet he's as happy to be away as we are have him away.

Jones28
Bye Josh. Thank you for making literally no impact at all.

Tarrahib
Good luck Josh, Shame it didn’t work out for you
This.

KingPat4
20-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Good luck Josh, sorry it didn't work out.

PS
Watch out for that Cummings fella.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2020, 04:32 PM

Didn’t pay a transfer fee but imagine there was a signing on fee involved. Chuck in the money spent on wages, we'll have something in the deal just in case I’d think.

Brooster
20-01-2020, 04:35 PM
Thank you. A non trier if ever I seen one.

Since452
20-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Looked way out of favour. Frees up a wage so good news

jacomo
20-01-2020, 04:41 PM

It’s called business mate.

Everyone else is out for what they can get, why not Hibs?

Good luck to Vela but he cost us a chunk of money and offered precious little in return. The possibility of a payment down the line would be nice.

CraigHibee
20-01-2020, 04:42 PM
All the best josh

20-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Thought he looked quite decent when he first arrived but it wasn't to be.

Wilson
20-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Best of luck. I'm convinced you're a better player than we got to see at hibs. I hope this move works out for you.

Vault Boy
20-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Undeniably the absolute best outcome for all parties that he's gone. A complete nonentity unfortunately.

hibby6270
20-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Vene, vidi, no vici, Vela.
He came. He tried. Unfortunately, he didn’t conquer.
No malice against him though. Wish him well at The Shrews.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Best outcome for all parties.

Hopefully a few more to come.

CMurdoch
20-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Shrewsbury manager Sam Rickets on Vela, makes him sound great

“He can play as a centre-midfielder, a holding-midfielder and as an attacking-midfielder. He can also play right-back or right wing-back. He is versatile and has played in a number of positions over the years.
“He is a high-energy midfielder, good on the ball and good at taking set-pieces. He’s just a player with real good quality. You don’t play as many games as he has in the Championship without being a good player. It’s a really good acquisition for the Club to get him on a permanent basis.”

Vela interview with Shrewsbury, also makes himself sound great

“I would describe myself as an all-action midfielder who likes to get up and down the pitch. I like to get stuck in and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals - I can’t wait to get going.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Disappointing one. Thought he would be a real player for us but for whatever reason(s) it just didn't happen.

All the best to him.

scotia44
20-01-2020, 04:56 PM

“He can play as a centre-midfielder, a holding-midfielder and as an attacking-midfielder. He can also play right-back or right wing-back. He is versatile and has played in a number of positions over the years.
“He is a high-energy midfielder, good on the ball and good at taking set-pieces. He’s just a player with real good quality. You don’t play as many games as he has in the Championship without being a good player. It’s a really good acquisition for the Club to get him on a permanent basis.”

English fitba in nutshell there in reality they are no better than journeymen on inflated wages hyped to be something they ain't

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2020, 05:08 PM

“I would describe myself as an all-action midfielder who likes to get up and down the pitch. I like to get stuck in and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals - I can’t wait to get going.

I would describe him as slow no action midfielder who makes little or no attempt to influence the game on his performances for Hibs.

eastterrace
20-01-2020, 05:09 PM

“I would describe myself as an all-action midfielder who likes to get up and down the pitch. I like to get stuck in and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals - I can’t wait to get going.the manager surely never seen the hearts goal on video when he jogged back and stuck a foot out to stop the shot. Good riddance .

Northernhibee
20-01-2020, 05:10 PM
English fitba in nutshell there in reality they are no better than journeymen on inflated wages hyped to be something they ain't

Like Liam Fontaine, Marvin Bartley and the like were?

Hibee Mac
20-01-2020, 05:14 PM

Hahahaha, good luck Shrewsbury you'll need it. Shows you how useless he was that I'm buzzing about his departure.

WoreTheGreen
20-01-2020, 05:16 PM
Free’s up a wage and the physio total AOB moment

lord bunberry
20-01-2020, 05:22 PM
Good luck to the guy, he came up and it didn’t work out for him. He could’ve hung around and earned some easy money, but he didn’t and for that he gets my best wishes.

wookie70
20-01-2020, 05:23 PM
Just never worked out. Good decision for all and hopefully those wages will be put to good use this window.

The 90+2
20-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Good luck to the guy, he came up and it didn’t work out for him. He could’ve hung around and earned some easy money, but he didn’t and for that he gets my best wishes.

Good call.

RIP
20-01-2020, 05:27 PM
That will be the last time Mathie takes a manager’s recommendation on a signing. Apparently a Lennon favourite from Bolton.

Oscar T Grouch
20-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Felt sorry for Vela, his first move away from Bolton and it didn't work out for him. There is a footballer in there, it is a shame we didn't get to see it here. Good luck to him, at least he'll have JC to talk to about Hibs :greengrin

scotia44
20-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Like Liam Fontaine, Marvin Bartley and the like were?

Or Matt Thornhill Tom Soares or a Man City centre half that was so bad or a free scoring striker that couldn't hit a barn door there are alway exceptions but we rarely seem to find them

cabbageandribs1875
20-01-2020, 05:38 PM
as with most players that move on after wearing our colours he goes with my best wishes for the future

Golden Bear
20-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Best wishes Josh but it's got be said that he was more akin to Casper the Ghost than "a high energy midfield player" in his time at ER.

Liam978
20-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out Josh, total imposter.

[emoji1309]

Why don't you join him, real Hibby's only please GG2TH.

Since452
20-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Hibs don't **** about. If it's not working you're gone. Glad to see we aren't a club that accepts passengers. Keeps everyone on their toes, manager, players the lot. Makes me think Tom James might be away soon too. That might change with the outcome of Naismith's injury of course

WoreTheGreen
20-01-2020, 05:54 PM

He has been to more Hibs games than you’ve had hot dinners enjoy Dundee last nights

SanFranHibs
20-01-2020, 06:02 PM
Regardless of his impact for us I wish him no ill-will and hope he does well as I don't want any player from Hibs being a flop at their new club. I want them to do well and cast us in a good light.

But seems like the best move for both parties.

Craig_HFC
20-01-2020, 06:04 PM

Don’t really fancy Shrewsbury if I’m honest, Liam.

WoreTheGreen
20-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Impact? A dent on physios table

Bostonhibby
20-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Always liked Shrewsbury.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

PISTOL1875
20-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Wasn't given a chance under the new manager which is baffling when there's imposters like Mallan still stealing a wage from the club..........

The 90+2
20-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Don’t really fancy Shrewsbury if I’m honest, Liam.

😁

Ringothedog
20-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Wasn't given a chance under the new manager which is baffling when there's imposters like Mallan still stealing a wage from the club..........

Mallan is a far better footballer imo and our current manager agrees.

jakedance
20-01-2020, 06:18 PM
This is a great result. It’s not always easy to move on players with a long contract and he wasn’t going to be successful here. Good work Hibs.

Onion
20-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Good for Hibs, good for him.

eastterrace
20-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Mallan is a far better footballer imo and our current manager agrees.must agree mallan is head and shoulders above vela. Great he has gone .dont understand why some fans slag of stevie mallan , maybe with him out the team we will see what we are missing or maybe not.

WestCoastHibby
20-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Flattered to deceive. Good luck

Ringothedog
20-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Flattered to deceive. Good luck

I never once saw him flatter never mind deceive. Anyway I wish him well

erin go bragh
20-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Looked promising against Celtic at ER but for whatever reasons ,it just didnt work out .best for both parties. All the best tho

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2020, 06:54 PM
Gutted Vela has gone.

Nah, not really.

weecounty hibby
20-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Disappointed it didn't work out. Happens all the time in football. He probably could have hung about and collect a wage for another few months but hasn't. I think that says a bit about him to be honest.

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Would imagine we just got rid and didnt bother with clauses

Keith_M
20-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Good stuff.

Hopefully clears the way for us to sign a defensive midfielder

jacomo
20-01-2020, 07:22 PM

You’ve just stolen a few seconds of my life with that comment but I doubt I’ll get an apology.

Billy Whizz
20-01-2020, 07:26 PM
must agree mallan is head and shoulders above vela. Great he has gone .dont understand why some fans slag of stevie mallan , maybe with him out the team we will see what we are missing or maybe not.

Pity we didn’t have Stevie available late on yesterday

jeffers
20-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Glad he's gone. Sometimes even good players don't work out, but there is zero excuse for not trying 100%. His half arsed attempt at closing down Hickey sums up his time with us.

Eyrie
20-01-2020, 07:53 PM
Best move for all concerned.

The Spaceman
20-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Great news. Wish him all the best in his career but best for all parties he has moved on. A big wage off our books and probably a drag on squad cohesion.

Lancs Harp
20-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Brilliant reading on the Shrewsbury message board the very predictable "who gives a flying f*** what Hibs fans think has anyone seen the state of scottish football"

How rude.

Aye scottish football is in such a state their latest hope coukdnt get near our first team.

Bostonhibby
20-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Brilliant reading on the Shrewsbury message board the very predictable "who gives a flying f*** what Hibs fans think has anyone seen the state of scottish football"

How rude.

Aye scottish football is in such a state their latest hope coukdnt get near our first team.I seem to recall we helped this wee team from a wee town in England with a friendly not so long ago, it went quite well.

Lancs Harp
20-01-2020, 08:25 PM
I seem to recall we helped this wee team from a wee town in England with a friendly not so long ago, it went quite well.

Congratulations Shrewsbury for stealing the new Zidane from right under our very noses.

Anyway Josh good luck in your new venture but you really did steal a wage in your time here fella. Very disappointing.

Since452
20-01-2020, 08:27 PM

How rude.

Aye scottish football is in such a state their latest hope coukdnt get near our first team.

Ah the experts who never watch Scottish football but love to comment on how ***** it is forgetting that they support a tiny wee club from the middle of nowhere that will never win a thing. Does James Collins not look like Ronaldo down there?

.Sean.
20-01-2020, 08:28 PM

How rude.

Shrewsbury Town ������������

A Shrewsbury Town supporter slating Scottish football is akin to a virgin slating you for getting your hole

FilipinoHibs
20-01-2020, 08:29 PM
May clearly had him sussed and briefed Ross. Must of had a crap attitude in training to get binned without getting a chance. Good to free up his wage although that is what probably paid for Omengaga.

PaulSmith
20-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Shrewsbury Town 😂😂😂😂😂😂

A Shrewsbury Town supporter slating Scottish football is akin to a virgin slaying you got getting your hole

Didn’t we go down there recently and hammer them 4-0?

Jonnyboy
20-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Hey, leave Shrewsbury alone! It's a cracking wee town.

(I may be biased given that my mother and my four older siblings were born there. Plus, I still have family that live there)

DH1875
20-01-2020, 08:37 PM

WTF? did you actually see the guy play? One of the worst players to ever wear the jersey.

Will tell you what he was missing, heart. The guy had none and he was the imposter.

Bostonhibby
20-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Didn’t we go down there recently and hammer them 4-0?We actually let them have a goal just to approach it like a proper handicap event, and as a travelling support for a friendly topped some of their better away crowds.

I was there as I had family close by, decent day out, great town as Jonnyboy knows , but a small insignificant team playing at one of the higher levels they'll reach even if some of the big team money in England trickles down to them.

Shed of a ground as well.

Lancs Harp
20-01-2020, 08:59 PM
The English eh :)

Sir David Gray
20-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Shrewsbury fans slagging off Scottish football. :faf:

jacomo
20-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Shrewsbury fans slagging off Scottish football. :faf:

James Collins did well for Shrewsbury.

If Vela is a success too I think we will have consistent and conclusive proof that our league is a much higher standard than the English league one.

SquashedFrogg
20-01-2020, 09:16 PM
WTF? did you actually see the guy play? One of the worst players to ever wear the jersey.

Will tell you what he was missing, heart. The guy had none and he was the imposter.

Guessing you're quite young?

Lancs Harp
20-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Guessing you're quite young?

God I dream of that reply after one of my posts 😀

Paisley Hibby
20-01-2020, 09:23 PM

Exactly. Well said. But it seems the haters on here have got to keep hating. Good luck to him.

HoboHarry
20-01-2020, 09:30 PM
May clearly had him sussed and briefed Ross. Must of had a crap attitude in training to get binned without getting a chance. Good to free up his wage although that is what probably paid for Omengaga.
Made up rubbish. It may also have been that he was unhappy in Scotland and was asking if we would transfer him back to England.

Sammy7nil
20-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Disappointed it didn't work out. Happens all the time in football. He probably could have hung about and collect a wage for another few months but hasn't. I think that says a bit about him to be honest.

Yip all the best hope it works out well for him.

Lancs Harp
20-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Yip all the best hope it works out well for him.

True but you cant get away from the fact he was very disappointing in a Hibs shirt. Didnt work forhim and certainly didnt work for us which is my and I guess every Hibs fans concern

Greencore
20-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Shame it didn't work out Josh, great to free up a wage though.

neil7908
20-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Very strange one as sounded like a player when he was announced.

Can't say I'm sad to see him go but fair play to him for getting himself a move quickly. Many would have sat on the contract and taken the money at Hibs for nothing.

Greenbeard
20-01-2020, 10:10 PM
Best wishes Josh but it's got be said that he was more akin to Casper the Ghost than "a high energy midfield player" in his time at ER.
Reported.
To the Casper the Ghost fan club.

easty
20-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Much like with Heckingbottom, I don’t really care how the rest of Vela’s career goes. He’s gone, I’m glad. He was not any good for us, and that’s all I’m bothered about.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2020, 10:30 PM
James Collins did well for Shrewsbury.

If Vela is a success too I think we will have consistent and conclusive proof that our league is a much higher standard than the English league one.

Ian Black didn't do so well although not sure what that actually proves! :greengrin

tamig
20-01-2020, 10:45 PM
A real shame it didn’t work out here. All the best Josh. I’m sure you’ll do well down south again.

FilipinoHibs
21-01-2020, 04:09 AM
Made up rubbish. It may also have been that he was unhappy in Scotland and was asking if we would transfer him back to England.

PH goes and May immediately drops him even from the squad. He obviously saw what we all saw. Ross does the same thing. If he was trying to impress in training he would have at least made the squad. It is not made up but a plausible reason why he has been off loaded. Culturally Shrewsbury as far from Manchester as Edinburgh. In fact Edinburgh closer to Manchester life style. I have stayed in all three places

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2020, 05:58 AM
I didn't rate him. Glad he's now off the wage bill. Hopefully bring a defensive midfielder in now

JimBHibees
21-01-2020, 06:08 AM
I didn't rate him. Glad he's now off the wage bill. Hopefully bring a defensive midfielder in now

Yep can remember watching him in Arbroath game and thought he looked promising however some of his performances were way off. Thought he was awful in semi final where he was subbed at half time not the only one but the vivid memory I have of him was being skinned by I think McGregor then jogging after him rather than sprinting back kind of summed his time up with Hibs imo.