PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley.

Babyshamble
19-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Tuned in to sportcene for the draw.never usually watch it.not only he was a top class player.hes also a very good pundit.

Hibeesmad
19-01-2020, 09:59 PM
I think he will go on to be a great manager/coach too.

Weegreenman
19-01-2020, 09:59 PM
Big Marv played in that game today, we don’t concede two goals.

jonny
19-01-2020, 10:22 PM
He comes across as so professional in front of the cameras in comparison to a lot of other current/ex players.
Has he said anything about a desire to coach or manage? The guy could do very well for himself in the media after he finishes up playing.

hibee_girl
19-01-2020, 10:26 PM
He comes across as so professional in front of the cameras in comparison to a lot of other current/ex players.
Has he said anything about a desire to coach or manage? The guy could do very well for himself in the media after he finishes up playing.

He mentioned he was doing a management/coaching course with some other SPFL players when he was on A View From The Terrace a few weeks ago.

Greencore
19-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Future hibs manager one day. What a guy.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2020, 10:58 PM
The abuse he is getting from those sewer rats over the road is disgusting.

Hibeesmad
19-01-2020, 11:00 PM

He lives rent free in their heads. They hate him because he owned them every time he played them. Still doing it now, scoring his first goal in Scotland against them would have many of them crying themselves to sleep that night.

The 90+2
19-01-2020, 11:17 PM
Would it be so costly to try and convince the big man to come back this month?

Deansy
19-01-2020, 11:32 PM

Just another reason to love big Marv more - he won't lose any sleep over their 'opinions' !

Centre Hawf
20-01-2020, 12:42 AM
Would it be so costly to try and convince the big man to come back this month?

I would love that.

jonny
20-01-2020, 12:52 AM
He mentioned he was doing a management/coaching course with some other SPFL players when he was on A View From The Terrace a few weeks ago.

Ah OK. Thanks for that.

easty
20-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Big Marv played in that game today, we don’t concede two goals.

Short memory, cos we did have him in midfield, a better midfield than that, and we lost plenty goals cheaply.

CloudSquall
20-01-2020, 01:19 AM
Marv almost single handedly changed the mentality in the derby and that is why those mutants in Gorgie can't stand him.

Time and time again he was chopping them down left right and centre and owning them more than possible.

They were absolutely shirting it when they were up against him and they hate admitting that.

With the lack of replacements I'd be getting him back pronto.

Max_Shah
20-01-2020, 01:35 AM
Wearing a very nice Vivienne Westwood shirt.

Classy dude.

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2020, 05:54 AM
Marv almost single handedly changed the mentality in the derby and that is why those mutants in Gorgie can't stand him.

Time and time again he was chopping them down left right and centre and owning them more than possible.

They were absolutely shirting it when they were up against him and they hate admitting that.

With the lack of replacements I'd be getting him back pronto.

Marv definitely didn't change it single handedly. We were much better than them in all 4 derbies the season before he joined. I'd say Cummings done more. Stubbs and his staff certainly did.

Smartie
20-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Marv definitely didn't change it single handedly. We were much better than them in all 4 derbies the season before he joined. I'd say Cummings done more. Stubbs and his staff certainly did.

Marv certainly made a significant contribution but I think he himself would acknowledge the significant contributions made by others, including those you mention.