PDA

View Full Version : Worst view in scottish football

OstKurve Hibs
19-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Anyone else unlucky enough to land front row (or front few rows) of block C in the jerry kerr stand today ? **** me, could only see 1 half of the pitch, stewards congregating for a chin wag at top of stairs blocking out pretty much the middle of the pitch, these tickets should come wi a restricted view warning before purchase,

Got a cpl pics but cant seem to upload them

Sir David Gray
19-01-2020, 06:57 PM
You should try the wheelchair section at Tannadice, utter disgrace.

OstKurve Hibs
19-01-2020, 06:59 PM
You should try the wheelchair section at Tannadice, utter disgrace.

Sorry to hear that bud, aye totally ruined the day, spent half the match asking stewards to move.
I'm gonna email them, cant see anything get done about it but I'll do it anyway, absolute joke

Pretty Boy
19-01-2020, 07:02 PM
I had a great view today. 2nd row of the Fair Play Stand right next to the Hibs dugout.

Tannadice is a hole of a stadium though and I've had plenty restricted view seats in the past. The corridor and stairs in the Fair Play Stand must be on the borderline when it comes to assessing risk for crushing and fire safety as well, ridiculously tight.

Carheenlea
19-01-2020, 07:06 PM
A main stand where if seated, you can’t see the near side touchline. Even while stood, as we were for duration of game you still couldn’t see touchline, but view wasn’t too bad in general. Wouldn’t like to get out that stand quickly in an emergency though - interior simply a shambles.

OstKurve Hibs
19-01-2020, 07:06 PM
I had a great view today. 2nd row of the Fair Play Stand right next to the Hibs dugout.

Tannadice is a hole of a stadium though and I've had plenty restricted view seats in the past. The corridor and stairs in the Fair Play Stand must be on the borderline when it comes to assessing risk for crushing and fire safety as well, ridiculously tight.

Aye true mate, no much room to move at all, especially when folk are going both ways,
I've always had good seats up tannadice tae, usually up at the shed end of fair play stand or in the shed a cpl times.
Be avoiding that end I was in the day next time we are up there

Sir David Gray
19-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear that bud, aye totally ruined the day, spent half the match asking stewards to move.
I'm gonna email them, cant see anything get done about it but I'll do it anyway, absolute joke

I didn't go today as it was already full by the time I phoned for tickets but the wheelchair section was moved for today's game to a place it used to be about 10 years ago and it's horrific.

I've been told the view and seating in the stand isn't much better. It's terrible what clubs like this are allowed to get away with.

Just_Jimmy
19-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Amy seat in the home end at tynecastle is the worst view in Scottish football.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

HibsTalk
19-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Had a great view of Hibs attacks in the first half, 2nd not so much. But being 5ft 7 didn't help matters [emoji28] spent the 2nd half on my tip toes

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-01-2020, 07:58 PM
I’d hate to evacuate the stand we were in today, if there was an incident, it’s like a maze of corridors
Catering today was abysmal too

ABZHFC
19-01-2020, 08:03 PM
Fantastic ground in my opinion, one of the few remaining with any character in Scotland

Carheenlea
19-01-2020, 08:07 PM
Fantastic ground in my opinion, one of the few remaining with any character in Scotland

I maybe wouldn’t go as far as calling it fantastic, but have always had a soft spot for Tannadice, despite its flaws. Be happy to see them back up next term.

Killiehibbie
19-01-2020, 08:09 PM

Might be fantastic if you like squeezing up narrow stairways to make your way to seats with inadequate legroom and parts of the pitch hidden from view. Take a gas mask if you have to visit the disguting toilets.

Logie Green
19-01-2020, 08:12 PM
The main reason the toilets were disgusting today was due to the number of inconsiderate ********s who go to have a smoke.

ABZHFC
19-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Might be fantastic if you like squeezing up narrow stairways to make your way to seats with inadequate legroom and parts of the pitch hidden from view. Take a gas mask if you have to visit the disguting toilets.

Well luckily most of the away end was standing today, as it should be. Take your point about the toilets though, doesn't help with folk smoking in them either :rolleyes:

Killiehibbie
19-01-2020, 08:18 PM
The main reason the toilets were disgusting today was due to the number of inconsiderate ********s who go to have a smoke.

I managed to avoid going until the last 10 minutes and some smoke would've been like a breath of fresh air

Billy Whizz
19-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Anyone else unlucky enough to land front row (or front few rows) of block C in the jerry kerr stand today ? **** me, could only see 1 half of the pitch, stewards congregating for a chin wag at top of stairs blocking out pretty much the middle of the pitch, these tickets should come wi a restricted view warning before purchase,

Got a cpl pics but cant seem to upload them

It’s one of the few away games we get a central view
Can’t fathom for everyone, but we had a seats almost on the halfway line

Iggy Pope
19-01-2020, 08:23 PM
I maybe wouldn’t go as far as calling it fantastic, but have always had a soft spot for Tannadice, despite its flaws. Be happy to see them back up next term.

Me too I’ve enjoyed visiting Tannadice since I was young. Sympathise about the views though including those already at a disadvantage as it’s a stadium that hasn’t modernised much on the old stand side.
Mind you I visited Craven Cottage earlier this month and how they get away with the crowds they handle in their antiquated (but still beautiful) main stand is beyond belief.

jgl07
The seats at Tynecastle where you can’t actually see the pitch?

Some may see this an advantage for many Hearts’ home matches.

Riverside Hibs

correct.

Riverside Hibs
19-01-2020, 08:26 PM

i was in Row A in Fair Play stand, while slightly restricted view, it was still one of the better we get as swat fan - compare to Pittodrie!

the staircases are shocking though and the catering queue almost being back into the turnstiles was ridiculous

Crab apple
19-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Away games in Dundee have always been enjoyable. Tannadice as a ground is now well past it’s sell by date.

Hiber-nation
19-01-2020, 08:51 PM
I think it's great. Upper tier but near the centre of the pitch and close to the action. One of my favourite grounds apart from the obvious safety issues.