PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle

Weegreenman
19-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Deserves a thread of his own. Continued his outstanding form.

What a player this lad has turned into and he seems to be getting better with each game.

He’s brought a new freshness to a side that was struggling.

Brilliant today Boiler 👏👏👏

Since452
19-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Unplayable today

Keyser Sauzee
19-01-2020, 06:10 PM
We will do very well to hold onto him much longer I think

Jack Hackett
19-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Unplayable today

Just as well we did then :wink:

Haymaker
19-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Should be in the Scotland squad. Ridiculous situation that.

Been a phenomenal improvement from him these last few years. Amazing.

Hibeesmad
19-01-2020, 06:14 PM
We will do very well to hold onto him much longer I think

Plenty of scouts at the game today too

Hibbyradge
19-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Plenty of scouts at the game today too

Most looking at Shankland, but Boulder may have attracted some attention.

Weegreenman
19-01-2020, 06:15 PM

Ye I remember the last time I think it was we played Utd, Martin missed a penalty that day and had right stinker. The improvement he’s made since then is immeasurable.

lord bunberry
19-01-2020, 06:24 PM
I hope we’re in talks about extending his contract.

The 90+2
19-01-2020, 06:32 PM

Nah, he wouldn’t get a game behind Mikey Johnson or some hun reject.

New contract for Boyle is needed ASAP.

weecounty hibby
19-01-2020, 06:37 PM
So so important to Hibs

Vault Boy
19-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Absolutely superb. He just keeps getting better.

murray26
19-01-2020, 06:47 PM
He’s going nowhere this window surely.. unless of course a silly offer comes in.

CMurdoch
19-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Exceptional today.
Great pass for the 1st and great shot for the second.

I remember folk on here trying to decide whether we should let Keatings or Boyle go. Both of their contracts were up in the summer.
At that time he used to shoot wildly, pass wildly, crossed wildly and never looked up. Essentially ran aboot like a heidless chicken.
As a result most folk on here thought we should keep Keatings (not that it was our decision right enough).

We should wait until about late February then quietly offer him a nice new contract.
He must have worked really hard to improve as he has in the last few years.
His game is worlds away from what it was 30 months ago.

HibsTalk
19-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Exceptional today.
Great pass for the 1st and great shot for the second.
I remember folk on here trying to decide whether we should let Keatings or Boyle go. Both of their contracts were up in the summer.
At that time he used to shoot wildly, pass wildly, crossed wildly and never looked up. Essentially ran aboot like a heidless chicken
As a result most folk on here thought we should keep Keatings (not that it was our decision right enough).

We should wait until about late February then quietly offer him a nice new contract.
He must have worked really hard to improve as he has in the last few years.
His game is worlds away from what it was 30 months ago.Completely agree! Deserves a new deal. I'd get it done this month to make a statement that's he's going no where.

Contract up next summer (2021) so hopefully something gets sorted soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

matty_f
19-01-2020, 06:54 PM
He was brilliant today.

we are hibs
19-01-2020, 07:15 PM
Hes moved onto another level now.

Not only very quick and nippy but now has an end product.

Carheenlea
19-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch today.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Our best and most important player these days.

Speedway
19-01-2020, 07:18 PM
He’s the difference in the team right now. The one player we’ve got that opponents are scared of.

Quality.

granty6_2
19-01-2020, 07:23 PM
He’s going nowhere this window surely.. unless of course a silly offer comes in.

Apologies to be the bearer of bad news, but Celtic, Derby and another English club have already tabled bids....

Would love him to stay, but not looking likely.

Before anyone asks, I’ve got my sources, but certainly won’t share on here.

EI255
19-01-2020, 07:34 PM
He certainly is a very very good footballer. We'll do well to keep him.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
19-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Apologies to be the bearer of bad news, but Celtic, Derby and another English club have already tabled bids....

Before anyone asks, I’ve got my sources, but certainly won’t share on here.Ketchup or HP?

granty6_2
19-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Ketchup or HP?

What does that mean????

Haymaker
19-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Nah, he wouldn’t get a game behind Mikey Johnson or some hun reject.

New contract for Boyle is needed ASAP.

Well, that's kind of the reason he's an Ozzie now!

Speedway
19-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Can we see Boyle getting a game ahead of Forrest for Celtic?

Unseen work
19-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Boyle is irreplaceable to us at this moment in time.

He is the reason for our change in form since the moment he came on against Livi and scored.

Is that now 6 goals he’s got since he’s returned? How many assists?

He also wins the ball back a lot, drives us forward and creates chances out of nothing.

We can not afford to lose him.

Has Morgan officially left Celtic yet? I wonder if Hibs are saying the only way they would allow Boyle to leave is if we were to get him plus money or similar?

Stuart93
19-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Can we see Boyle getting a game ahead of Forrest for Celtic?

The way they’ve been playing, definitely

Forest’s has a shocker of a season

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2020, 08:03 PM
A mate saying he's away with Oz at the replay? 🙄

hibee_girl
19-01-2020, 08:05 PM
A mate saying he's away with Oz at the replay? 🙄

They don’t have a game until the end of March

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2020, 08:08 PM
They don’t have a game until the end of March

Thank fk for that! 👍

19-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Si senor

NASAHIBS
19-01-2020, 08:10 PM

McLeish to blame for that one🙄

wookie70
19-01-2020, 08:12 PM
The biggest difference since Heck left isn't Ross coming in but Boyle returning to fitness. Our most important player for me.

MrRobot
19-01-2020, 08:29 PM
really hope we try sort a new contract for him.

LaMotta
19-01-2020, 09:26 PM
Brilliant as a winger, and also a brilliant option as a centre forward as well.

He has clearly improved since he arrived but he was also defo under appreciated by many in the early days.

As someone else pointed out it was bonkers of McLeish not to just stick him in a Scotland squad at some point.

CMurdoch
19-01-2020, 10:49 PM

Before anyone asks, I’ve got my sources, but certainly won’t share on here.

Celtic will want to sign him for ten bob and Derby had their hole kicked last week for breaching the FFP regulations so they might be out.
Next!

TimeForHeroes16
20-01-2020, 03:07 AM
Si senor

Give the ball to Boyle and he will score there’s something that hibs want you to know give the ball to Boyle and he will score.

Forza Fred
20-01-2020, 05:51 AM

better off where he is.

Got a chance of going to a World Cup with Oz.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2020, 06:51 AM
The biggest difference since Heck left isn't Ross coming in but Boyle returning to fitness. Our most important player for me.

Think this is a fair point.

Ross has us set up more positively, but that might have happened naturally with Boyle back in the team anyway.

Ross has generally set us up with what he inherited from Eddie May’s game in charge and has dumped some of the duds. It’s going to be a slow process before we really see what Ross is about IMO.

Squealing pig
20-01-2020, 07:07 AM
Boyles on fire 🔥 your defence is terrified

HendoDelivered
20-01-2020, 07:59 AM
New contract ASAP please Hibs before he gets inevitably snapped up.

calumhibee1
20-01-2020, 08:24 AM
I’d be stunned if he signs a new deal tbh.

What a player he’s turned out to be though.

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2020, 08:56 AM

Would it really be stunning? He's had a fantastic 6 week's but before that he really wasn't above our level. Would be daft not to sign a new deal imo. He is sorted at Hibs.

Allant1981
20-01-2020, 09:03 AM
Would it really be stunning? He's had a fantastic 6 week's but before that he really wasn't above our level. Would be daft not to sign a new deal imo. He is sorted at Hibs.

He has improved almost every season and if he has an agent then it's almost certain he will be reminding him of that fact and that he could possibly get better money elsewhere

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2020, 09:21 AM
He has improved almost every season and if he has an agent then it's almost certain he will be reminding him of that fact and that he could possibly get better money elsewhere

That is true but it's only his recent form that has taken him to be a real star for us (he was just a very good player before), he was inconsistent and often messed up chances before now. I'm very proud of him, he is a brilliant example. Remember his partner is with Hibs ladies and he's a new dad. Might influence his decision to settle down.

Smartie
20-01-2020, 09:22 AM

My thoughts exactly.

His stock is high and he’s having a purple patch in a short career.

If his agent isn’t in his ear suggesting he needs to coin it in whilst he can then I think he needs a new agent.

Greenworld
20-01-2020, 09:30 AM
Brilliant as a winger, and also a brilliant option as a centre forward as well.

He has clearly improved since he arrived but he was also defo under appreciated by many in the early days.

As someone else pointed out it was bonkers of McLeish not to just stick him in a Scotland squad at some point.Played so much better in a central role with freedom to wander to wings . Funnily enough James Forrest is similar when Lennon forces him to stay wide he is wasted. Best games for him have been when he's played through the middle

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Lago
20-01-2020, 09:31 AM

I think he'll either run down his contract or Hibs will accept a good offer for him. He'll want to cash in while he can having seen what can happen following his serious injuries.

IWasThere2016
20-01-2020, 09:35 AM

He could sign and he will sign if it is of benefit to him eg wage increase, release clause and future transfer share etc..

However, I tend to agree I would be surprised.

He has something you cannot buy .. real pace.

Will be a real loss should he go...

Allant1981
20-01-2020, 10:23 AM
That is true but it's only his recent form that has taken him to be a real star for us (he was just a very good player before), he was inconsistent and often messed up chances before now. I'm very proud of him, he is a brilliant example. Remember his partner is with Hibs ladies and he's a new dad. Might influence his decision to settle down.

Hopefully as he is turning into a cracking player for us and we would be worse off without him but on the flip side if he is getting offered double or treble his wages somewhere else then with him being a new dad he might think he needs to go

Hibiza
20-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Superb display Martin.

MacGruber
20-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Whatever else is said about Stubbs he certainly brought some gems to Hibs and could spot a player. Boyle another in a long list of top quality signings. Of course there were some misses as there always is but the good uns really have defined us these last 5 or 6 years.
Boyle has been tremendous on and off the park for us.

Anthony Soprano
20-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Boyle's improved probably more than any other player I've seen whilst at Hibs, on his day he's our most dangerous player no doubt about it.

How long's he got to run on his current contract?

Should definitely be looking at getting him tied down to a new deal.

makaveli1875
20-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Boyle's improved probably more than any other player I've seen whilst at Hibs, on his day he's our most dangerous player no doubt about it.

18 months

tonyrougier123
20-01-2020, 12:02 PM

He's better than fraser,only scotland could manage to have a player like that and not select him,amateurish that we let him turn out for the socceroos,although that has added to his game imo.one of the best running with the ball at pace I've seen at easter road.
Hopefully a new 5 year deal ready to be signed.

Onion
20-01-2020, 12:04 PM

Agreed. We’ve had our fair share of headless chicken wingers at Hibs, and Boyle was one of them when he first arrived but he’s added goals to his game and now plays with his head up, able to spot and make a pass at pace. That’s transformed his game and made him a hugely dangerous player for us. Need to get him on a long deal.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Agreed. We’ve had our fair share of headless chicken wingers at Hibs, and Boyle was one of them when he first arrived but he’s added goals to his game and now plays with his head up, able to spot and make a pass at pace. That’s transformed his game and made him a hugely dangerous player for us. Need to get him on a long deal.

We were talking about him yesterday and said similar. People will automatically say he is all about pace, but he can play now. It used to be a case of running to the byline and smashing the ball across goal as hard as possible. Now he’s slipping passes through to people and he rarely gives the ball away as well.

we are hibs
20-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Boyle at easter road in december 2017. Shaw put him through 1v1 against rangers. Chance to go 2-0 up and i think most people knew he wasnt scoring it. Put him in the same situation now and i would be shocked if he didnt finish it. I think hes currently the best and also most clinical player at the club.

tonyrougier123
20-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Boyle on form is better than kent,anybody wants him they better have the caley dough at the ready!! 8million id say was a fair deal.if your peter lawell its 10million!!

Gloucester Hibs
22-01-2020, 09:05 PM
2 assists for him tonight, was much more effective 2nd half after the changes had been made.

brog
22-01-2020, 09:07 PM
2 assists for him tonight, was much more effective 2nd half after the changes had been made.

Probably the 1st time a POTM for Hibs has played well in the 2 games after the award!

SteveHFC
22-01-2020, 09:56 PM
celtic apparently watching him tonight:rolleyes:

tonyrougier123
22-01-2020, 09:58 PM

At this time??

They should call it a night 😉

makaveli1875
22-01-2020, 10:30 PM

£75000 bid payed in installments incoming then I suppose

Smartie
22-01-2020, 10:33 PM
I thought he was as poor as anyone for an hour - marked very tightly and unable to wriggle free. Nothing at all was coming off for him.

He had a good second half but for me he was behind Horgan, Newell, Omeonga, Doidge and Jackson for motm.

Criswell
22-01-2020, 11:20 PM
I thought he was as poor as anyone for an hour - marked very tightly and unable to wriggle free. Nothing at all was coming off for him.

He had a good second half but for me he was behind Horgan, Newell, Omeonga, Doidge and Jackson for motm.

The opposition now see him as a danger man and will give him close attention as we saw tonight. It was pleasing that he still managed to make a telling contribution.

AlbertK86
23-01-2020, 07:11 AM

Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2020, 07:26 AM
When does the window slam shut?

Jack Ross appeared to almost accept that he might lose Boyle in his BBC Radio Scotland interview last night :confused:

Allant1981
23-01-2020, 07:28 AM
When does the window slam shut?

Jack Ross appeared to almost accept that he might lose Boyle in his BBC Radio Scotland interview last night :confused:

Didnt hear his interview, what did he say?

staunchhibby
23-01-2020, 07:30 AM
That was the impression I got also

bigwheel
23-01-2020, 07:30 AM

He said he was a very important Player, expected him Still to be here after the window - however, accepted that (with a big bid) it might be out of his hands ..

That said, he felt the board had his back and didn’t expect him to be away...

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2020, 07:32 AM

The BBC guy kept trying to put words into his mouth re Boyle JR wanted to move on and discuss the game but when pushed admitted that we MIGHT lose Martin it is all part and parcel of football

I hope not as we have a big game Tuesday

Both admitted he is playing well is very influential and is at the top of his game

No he is not he is pish especially the first hour last night ��

Not For Sale!

Allant1981
23-01-2020, 07:36 AM
He said he was a very important Player, expected him Still to be here after the window - however, accepted that (with a big bid) it might be out of his hands ..

That said, he felt the board had his back and didn’t expect him to be away...

Cheers ta

Allant1981
23-01-2020, 07:37 AM
The BBC guy kept trying to put words into his mouth re Boyle JR wanted to move on and discuss the game but when pushed admitted that we MIGHT lose Martin it is all part and parcel of football

I hope not as we have a big game Tuesday

Both admitted he is playing well is very influential and is at the top of his game

No he is not he is pish especially the first hour last night ��

Not For Sale!

Not like the bbc!! Hopefully still here in a few weeks time

chrisski33
23-01-2020, 07:39 AM
Money talks but i reckon Hibs may cash in on him in summer but hope not and hope they extend his contract pronto

JXM73
23-01-2020, 07:43 AM

Well that performance will put them off, well done!

Peevemor
23-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Well that performance will put them off, well done!

Yeah. He only set up both our goals.

green day
23-01-2020, 07:46 AM

I am relaxed to be honest - if he only had 6 or 12 months, maybe not.

Hibs are debt free, I doubt that JR or anyone else wants to sell him, while Boyle might like the extra money on offer, he has a contract with Hibs.

Remember when the red tops told us it was a stick on that SJM was off to Celtic?

If Celtic throw silly money and a great sellon clause we might have a look at it, but - we all know they will offer a handful of balloons, thats their style.

Since452
23-01-2020, 07:57 AM

They wouldn't have been impressed.

Smartie
23-01-2020, 08:16 AM
I am relaxed to be honest - if he only had 6 or 12 months, maybe not.

Hibs are debt free, I doubt that JR or anyone else wants to sell him, while Boyle might like the extra money on offer, he has a contract with Hibs.

Remember when the red tops told us it was a stick on that SJM was off to Celtic?

If Celtic throw silly money and a great sellon clause we might have a look at it, but - we all know they will offer a handful of balloons, thats their style.

Celtic will offer buttons but if Boyle is an arse about it then there will be little we could do.

It would be nice to think that if Celtic were interested we might be able to hawk him around England, where we could probably do a deal that gets him more money, us more money and a relative bargain for the buying club by English standards.

As an aside - and I accept this is a bit naughty - I’m just getting a 6th sense that the finances at Hibs aren’t as rosy as they could/ should be and I’m not really getting a great sense of excitement about the Ron Gordon era. I just get the feeling that any semi-acceptable offer from Celtic will be accepted.

jeffers
23-01-2020, 08:25 AM
I fully expect Boyle to be away to Celtic this window. I can't quite figure out why they were watching him last night though, Lennon is a huge fan and already knows all about him.

Aim Here
23-01-2020, 08:32 AM
I fully expect Boyle to be away to Celtic this window. I can't quite figure out why they were watching him last night though, Lennon is a huge fan and already knows all about him.

Lennon maybe doesn't have the final say. With the fickle nature of football management, Lenny might not be at Celtic in six months time and Celtic doesn't want to be lumbered with an expensive player who happened to be a mate of the manager they fired. There's a reason why a lot of football teams are switching to a 'Director of Football + Head Coach' model, and it's because managers increasingly only think short-term - a bad streak of ten-games will get a manager fired - whereas player recruitment requires a more medium-term thought process, since a player hire will still affect the budget three or four years from now.

Since452
23-01-2020, 08:47 AM
He's arguably our most important player right now. Celtic will need to stump up if they want him but with their record I doubt it

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 09:23 AM

To unsettle him. Get him thinking about the big money move so when they offer twenty quid and a half eaten kit kat he puts the pressure on the club to accept it.

hibee-boys
23-01-2020, 09:28 AM
There have been players over the years that you do not grudge them their big money move because of what they've contributed to the club. Martin in certainly one, has never given anything less than 100% and has clearly dedicated himself to improving his game whilst at hibs. He's 25 year old with a young family, he deserves a big move and hike in salary. Just hope the deal works for hibs and we can find a suitable replacement!

Cataplana
23-01-2020, 09:29 AM
The McGinn affair has proved that Celtic criminally under value players when they bid.

IWasThere2016
23-01-2020, 09:30 AM

Cellic recruit via a team/committee structure and total buy in needed to action bids.

makaveli1875
23-01-2020, 09:43 AM
The McGinn affair has proved that Celtic criminally under value players when they bid.

Only players in the Scottish league , they have no issue throwing multiple millions at English and European clubs

Aim Here
23-01-2020, 09:50 AM

If they do get him, he could well end up sitting on his arse for a year, like Allan or Mulumbu. Moving to Celtic does run the risk of stalling your career for a couple of years if you find yourself unable to break into the team, even if you're good enough be a key player for one of the other sides in the league.

Tambo
23-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Guy at work reckons Boyle is at celtic now, but this is also a guy who claims james Forrest is the better player.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 10:05 AM
If they do get him, he could well end up sitting on his arse for a year, like Allan or Mulumbu. Moving to Celtic does run the risk of stalling your career for a couple of years if you find yourself unable to break into the team, even if you're good enough be a key player for one of the other sides in the league.

There's every chance that McGinn could have found himself on the bench way too often. I think it'd be a terrible move for Boyler TBH.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 10:12 AM
Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****.

That's the Butcher-esque treatment he deserves right enough. A pissed off player who probably holds influence in the dressing room ain't a good thing.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:14 AM
That's the Butcher-esque treatment he deserves right enough. A pissed off player who probably holds influence in the dressing room ain't a good thing.

No its not its the Hibs need him approach and it can be assessed in summer when we have a lot more options until then he stays put and gets on with it along with the rest of the players. I am quite sure McGinn would have wanted to play for Celtic.

Butcher approach aye ok. A club telling player we need you and not wishing to sell to rival close to window ending has FA to do with Butcher.

mjhibby
23-01-2020, 10:14 AM
I'd be genuinely surprised if boyler wanted to be a squad player there or Hibs would let him go. Would take a bid north of £1.5m as we couldn't replace him this window. He's too vital right now. Summer window might be different though. We shall see. I'd expect a couple more players in tbh.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 10:26 AM
No its not its the Hibs need him approach and it can be assessed in summer when we have a lot more options until then he stays put and gets on with it along with the rest of the players. I am quite sure McGinn would have wanted to play for Celtic.

Butcher approach aye ok. A club telling player we need you and not wishing to sell to rival close to window ending has FA to do with Butcher.

Telling him "tough ****" isn't a Butcheresque approach?

If we want to keep him we need to put a positive case to him as to why Hibs are the best place to continue his career. A player who doesn't want to be here would drag the dressing room down which telling him "tough ****" would result in.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Telling him "tough ****" isn't a Butcheresque approach?

If we want to keep him we need to put a positive case to him as to why Hibs are the best place to continue his career. A player who doesn't want to be here would drag the dressing room down which telling him "tough ****" would result in.

I didnt say tell him tough **** did I? I said its tough **** if he wants the move and we don't irrespective of how JR puts it would not mean he still didn't want to move.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 10:37 AM
I didnt say tell him tough **** did I? I said its tough **** if he wants the move and we don't irrespective of how JR puts it would not mean he still didn't want to move.

"Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****."

Also, don't insult your or my intelligence by saying that you meant to say take the attitude of tough ****, because that's no different in how that's going to drag down an influential player in the dressing room. You're wrong, it happens to everyone, let's move on.

makaveli1875
23-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Offer him an improved deal make him our highest paid player and tell Celtic to bolt .

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:42 AM

Yes thanks for reminding me at no point did I say to tell him "tough ****". If MB wants to leave and JR wants to keep him and says why etc etc MB will still want to probably go but JR says we want to keep you and if we dont sell him then thats tough **** for him.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:45 AM

Also, don't insult your or my intelligence by saying that you meant to say take the attitude of tough ****, because that's no different in how that's going to drag down an influential player in the dressing room. You're wrong, it happens to everyone, let's move on.

No I didnt mean to say I did say.

Well you are wrong so consider your intelligence insulted and thanks also for telling me what I actually meant as well. I will send my next posts over for you to proof read and tell me what I actually mean or wish to say. So I agree you are wrong so best move on.

Yorkshire HFC
23-01-2020, 10:47 AM
I'd be genuinely surprised if boyler wanted to be a squad player there or Hibs would let him go. Would take a bid north of £1.5m as we couldn't replace him this window. He's too vital right now. Summer window might be different though. We shall see. I'd expect a couple more players in tbh.

I would be genuinely surprised if he didn't want to triple / quadruple / ???? his wages, play in the Champions League and win cups and leagues.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 10:48 AM
Well you are wrong so consider your intelligence insulted and thanks also for telling me what I actually meant as well.

Decisions like that have to make sure that the player goes along with it too. Saying to the player "I think you'd be better waiting to the summer window when more clubs are likely to have the budget; Celtic have a number of wingers and if you continue to play like you have here then you'll have bigger clubs offering more money in the summer in for you. However if you want to stay here then we'll happily offer you a contract on improved terms and allow you to continue the legacy you're building at this club and we can help you look at coaching options in the future" has a much better effect than "We need you and if you don't like it then tough ****".

It's really, really not difficult to understand.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Decisions like that have to make sure that the player goes along with it too. Saying to the player "I think you'd be better waiting to the summer window when more clubs are likely to have the budget; Celtic have a number of wingers and if you continue to play like you have here then you'll have bigger clubs offering more money in the summer in for you. However if you want to stay here then we'll happily offer you a contract on improved terms and allow you to continue the legacy you're building at this club and we can help you look at coaching options in the future" has a much better effect than "We need you and if you don't like it then tough ****".

It's really, really not difficult to understand.

Im not 5 btw.

You think I dont know it would be more than my one sentence comment on it? if a club bid you think I dont know loads of factors would be considered and discussions had? Bottom line is if he wanted to go and that is the angle I was on and we wanted to keep him then thats just tough, just like it was tough **** for Scott Allan and loads of players not sold right away when looking to go.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 10:59 AM
If we sell Boyle in this window (which I don’t think we will) the season is done. No way we get anybody in who gets close to the numbers he’s recording at the moment. Since the Aberdeen game he’s scored or assisted every goal we’ve scored.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Im not 5 btw.

You think I dont know it would be more than my one sentence comment on it? if a club bid you think I dont know loads of factors would be considered and discussions had? Bottom line is if he wanted to go and that is the angle I was on and we wanted to keep him then thats just tough, just like it was tough **** for Scott Allan and loads of players not sold right away when looking to go.

I'm getting more than a little sick of the support who comment on club business who appear to show no real knowledge of how modern football has changed. Player power in the dressing room is massive and you can see on Twitter and the likes every day that every decision the club makes you have a thousand Football Manager players getting torn into the club at every opportunity.

If Martin Boyle goes this window it'll be because he wants to go. If he stays it'll be because he wants to stay. The way that an old firm club have the media on side means there's not much that a club like Hibs can do to keep them if they're convinced they want to go. We only sold Scott Allan to Celtic as Rangers unsettled him enough to ensure that a move was happening one way or another.

If you think that if we could keep Boyle if Celtic put in a reasonable bid and if Boyle wants to go to Celtic then you're in la la land. It still won't stop the usual twitter brigade from slating the club if it does happen though.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 11:12 AM
I'm getting more than a little sick of the support who comment on club business who appear to show no real knowledge of how modern football has changed. Player power in the dressing room is massive and you can see on Twitter and the likes every day that every decision the club makes you have a thousand Football Manager players getting torn into the club at every opportunity.

If Martin Boyle goes this window it'll be because he wants to go. If he stays it'll be because he wants to stay. The way that an old firm club have the media on side means there's not much that a club like Hibs can do to keep them if they're convinced they want to go. We only sold Scott Allan to Celtic as Rangers unsettled him enough to ensure that a move was happening one way or another.

If you think that if we could keep Boyle if Celtic put in a reasonable bid and if Boyle wants to go to Celtic then you're in la la land. It still won't stop the usual twitter brigade from slating the club if it does happen though.

Intelligence insulted now your sick of people who have no knowledge of how modern football has changed. Did Scott Allan want to play for Rangers? or stay here? Did he sign for Rangers? What if Celtic put in an unreasonable bid? Would that stop Boyle still wanting to go there? So we knock back Celtic he doesnt go tough **** when he might have wanted to but we rejected bid.

Northernhibee
23-01-2020, 11:15 AM
Intelligence insulted now your sick of people who have no knowledge of how modern football has changed. Did Scott Allan want to play for Rangers? or stay here? Did he sign for Rangers? What if Celtic put in an unreasonable bid? Would that stop Boyle still wanting to go there? So we knock back Celtic he doesnt go tough **** when he might have wanted to but we rejected bid.

He put in a transfer request. We managed to avoid him going to Rangers but that didn't stop him from leaving the club. If he'd stayed with us and been happy to stay with us you may have had a point but you don't.

Let's leave it there. I don't have the time and you're not going to change your mind.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 11:18 AM
He put in a transfer request. We managed to avoid him going to Rangers but that didn't stop him from leaving the club. If he'd stayed with us and been happy to stay with us you may have had a point but you don't.

Let's leave it there. I don't have the time and you're not going to change your mind.

Ok tell me then Celtic bid £750k we want £1.25m Boyle wants to go and thinks offer is fair club dont, how does that chat go? Tough?

What is their to change my mind about?

makaveli1875
23-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Ok tell me then Celtic bid £750k we want £1.25m Boyle wants to go and thinks offer is fair club dont, how does that chat go? Tough?

Celtic wont offer anything like 750k . it will be closer to 75k

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Celtic wont offer anything like 750k . it will be closer to 75k

Its the premise not the offer ok then 75k we want 125k :greengrin

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 11:22 AM

What is their to change my mind about?

More than likely leads to a bit of negotiation and a deal to suit all parties.

Boyle isn’t going to get too many more chances to get a move that potentially sets him up for life. If he gets an opportunity I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to go.

EAZY-ME
23-01-2020, 11:23 AM
We've lost our best players to celtic for years it's not going to change now...we will just need to see what happens

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 11:28 AM
More than likely leads to a bit of negotiation and a deal to suit all parties.

Boyle isn’t going to get too many more chances to get a move that potentially sets him up for life. If he gets an opportunity I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to go.

We are too far apart so what happens?

Diclonius
23-01-2020, 11:30 AM
I reckon we'll keep him this window but he'll be away in the summer.

Unseen work
23-01-2020, 11:32 AM
Only way this goes ahead imo is if we somehow manage to hijacks Lewis Morgan’s deal to Miami.

What was his repotted fee? 400k?

So 500k plus Morgan.

That being said I imagine it would be a fairly decision for Morgan to decline us.

Captain Trips
23-01-2020, 11:36 AM
I reckon we'll keep him this window but he'll be away in the summer.

I am thinking this and I think by then he may have a few other offers in the making. We should though still look at his current deal and take it to the max we can.

Diclonius
23-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Honestly, if it's going through this month then the only deal I see the fans being happy with is a part-exchange for Griffiths, or possibly Morgan on a permanent deal.

If they give us £1M, great, but will Hibs go out and spend that money on a replacement? Nah, some duffer will come in on loan. We won't reinvest, certainly not in January.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2020, 11:37 AM
We are too far apart so what happens?

There are so many potential ways it could go. Depending on the player reaction the value could change because you suddenly don’t think there is as much value in keeping him. Anything could happen and what the player wants definitely plays a part.

makaveli1875
23-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Its the premise not the offer ok then 75k we want 125k :greengrin

Whoever takes the call will hopefully hang up the phone straight after hearing their low ball insult of an offer

Newry Hibs
23-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Guy at work reckons Boyle is at celtic now, but this is also a guy who claims james Forrest is the better player.

Presuambly there ere pictures of him on the train / taxi with the sun positioned just right?

Onion
23-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Quadruple his wages and sit on the bench (if he's lucky). No chance of Boyle getting a regular starting spot at Celtic.

number9dream
23-01-2020, 12:55 PM
Some pretty low valuations of MB here... Although, if Celtic want him, they will almost certainly come in with a low ball offer with a few days to go in the window.
Unless it's upwards of £1.5m with Morgan thrown in and a loan for Shved, forget it.
Offer him a new deal and if he doesn't sign, look to sell him down south in the summer. Ideal scenario is he stays for another four years and cements his status as a Hibees legend!

Hibs90
23-01-2020, 12:56 PM
I'll be absolutely fuming if we sell him. He's under contract, and theres not a need to sell. He is a key player for us. I get the arguement about player power etc but he is under contract and thats that.

JimBHibees
23-01-2020, 01:13 PM
We've lost our best players to celtic for years it's not going to change now...we will just need to see what happens

We don't usually roll over such as McGinn and got over 5m for Brown so in the main either don't deal with them or get decent value.

Cataplana
23-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Quadruple his wages and sit on the bench (if he's lucky). No chance of Boyle getting a regular starting spot at Celtic.

I think it's more about him not playing against them throughout the season.

emerald green
23-01-2020, 05:28 PM
The biscuit tin vultures are circling around as per usual. Unless they come up with a realistic and satisfactory offer for ANY of our players, they should be told to GTF.

heretoday
24-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Acquired by Stubbs. One of his finest moves.

147lothian
24-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Jack Ross on Hibs TV saying the 1.5M figure never came from him and never came from the club so it would appear the EEN story by Peter Welsh saying Hibs wouldn't accept less than 1.5M is just a made up story

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Would Celtic let their most inform player leave in January? Why should we. Disappointed in Hibs if he goes. Disappointed in him if he forces it.

whiskyhibby
24-01-2020, 05:38 PM
Jack Ross on Hibs TV saying the 1.5M figure never came from him and never came from the club so it would appear the EEN story by Peter Welsh saying Hibs wouldn't accept less than 1.5M is just a made up story

probably Glasgow press figure ( first reported in the Daily Express) and no doubt straight from Peter Lawwells mouth in order to set a low figure)