PDA

View Full Version : That Was a Cracking Cup Tie

Pretty Boy
19-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Obviously disappointed not to win but that was an enjoyable game.

Good atmosphere between both sets of fans, two teams who looked like they wanted to win, a bit of a battle at times and some good goals.

Our deficiencies are well known to everyone, including the management, and that's why we didn't win today but it was still an enjoyable game of football imo.

H18 SFR
19-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Absolutely correct.

Excited for the replay.

Since452
19-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Cracking good old fashioned Scottsh cup tie. Disappointed not to win but thoroughly enjoyed it

Shrekko
19-01-2020, 06:02 PM
Cracking match.

Just ventured on to Hibs social media accounts and some of the comments about the game today are utterly remarkable.

Weegreenman
19-01-2020, 06:02 PM
Decent enough game to watch but we should be finishing them off.

On the plus side, I thought Boyle continued his outstanding form and if he’s not careful he’ll end up being sold off for a large sum 😉

hibsbollah
19-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Absolutely correct.

I'm not sure if our dysfunctional moany arsed fan base is representative of wider football society or unique to us, but it IS dysfunctional.

Jack Hackett
19-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Absolutely correct.

I'm not sure if our dysfunctional moany arsed fan base is representative of wider football society or unique to us, but it IS dysfunctional.

Fortunately, not as dysfunctional as the neebs, but they're a Special Case.

I got a text from an Englisher mate to say how much he enjoyed the game. He also mentioned the need to sort the defence out

HH81
19-01-2020, 06:12 PM
It was a good game but a lot of the disappointment comes from the fact we were in control and should have won it.

hibsbollah
19-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Fortunately, not as dysfunctional as the neebs, but they're a Special Case.

I got a text from an Englisher mate to say how much he enjoyed the game. He also mentioned the need to sort the defence out

My geordie pal did the same. Hes coming up for Hamilton on Wednesday. He appreciates the standard isn't 2010 Spain national squad, but he's looking forward to it and sees the improvement. See yous all in hospitality :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lago
19-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Disappointing number of empty seats considering the carry on Hibs supporters had in getting tickets.

Jack Hackett
19-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Disappointing number of empty seats considering the carry on Hibs supporters had in getting tickets.

:agree:

The wee group behind the goal could easily have been absorbed in the other stands. Maybe they just didn't want their support to be overwhelmed by a noisy travelling support

Hibeesmad
19-01-2020, 06:23 PM
It was a good game but a lot of the disappointment comes from the fact we were in control and should have won it.

Hallberg takes that chance and its game over for me.

CMurdoch
19-01-2020, 06:33 PM
Our 3 up front were great. Really entertaining.
Hard to believe how well Boyle is playing and how much he has improved since the early days after he arrived from Dundee.
Kamberi was very good today as well. Lots of shots and lots of effort.
Doidge took his goal well, lovely centre forward runs leading to when he put it away. Had a fantastic take down and control near the end but the keeper closed him down uber fast. Also very good when we are defending corners etc.

Just need the killer DM in. Game reading, tackling, passer bloke to protect the back 4 and take the ball off them and link it with the guys on front of him. Sure he will arrive in the next week and a half.

Frustrating to lose the goals today but we are lucky these days that we get to watch a team that is skillful and entertaining.
I don't understand the angry or unrealistic guys.

See you all at the Hamilton game. Remember your big coats!

davhibby
19-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Makes a change coming away having enjoyed watching us which is becoming more regular under Ross. If we can at least keep taking the game to teams and playing to our strengths we’ll do alright this season

CMurdoch
19-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Hallberg takes that chance and its game over for me.

He isn't a good finisher.
Looked destroyed in the last few minutes.
Gave his all.

Del Boy
19-01-2020, 06:42 PM
Was a good advert for Scottish football, two teams going for it, physical without getting out of hand and four well taken goals.

Tyler Durden
19-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Yeah it was a good game. I find it difficult to get too annoyed at our weaknesses at the moment - we know what they are and it won’t change until we get a few new bodies in.

In the meantime we are entertaining to watch and IMO we’re only a few good signings away from having a really good team.

CloudSquall
19-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Yaaasss let's all start a circle jerk about drawing with a team a league below us.

I thought this pish was left to the pre Stubbs era?

19-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Yaaasss let's all start a circle jerk about drawing with a team a league below us.

Inclined to agree. Pretty pish

Pretty Boy
19-01-2020, 06:49 PM

The only pish on here is this post.

I quite clearly acknowledged it was a disappointing result. It's also possible to enjoy a game and recognise it was a good contest whilst being disappointed with the end result.

Maybe read the thread and engage your brain before positing next time.

Speedway
19-01-2020, 07:23 PM
It was certainly a battle. The standard was poor even though we dominated. Take Boyle out and we’re a very slow side on the attack.

That said, the much hailed Shankland was largely kept quiet and Rocky didn’t have a save to make.

Ross summed it up well - frustrating. We should be better.

That said, I think we’ll roast them at ER.

IWasThere2016
19-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Enjoyed it.. the 5 hour drive home less so.

Just hunkering down for a wee nap in a service station now before continuing the drive back.. so keep the noise doon you lot!!

S4uzee
19-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Is the replay on TV?

wookie70
19-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Our 3 up front were great. Really entertaining.
Hard to believe how well Boyle is playing and how much he has improved since the early days after he arrived from Dundee.
Kamberi was very good today as well. Lots of shots and lots of effort.
Doidge took his goal well, lovely centre forward runs leading to when he put it away. Had a fantastic take down and control near the end but the keeper closed him down uber fast. Also very good when we are defending corners etc.

Just need the killer DM in. Game reading, tackling, passer bloke to protect the back 4 and take the ball off them and link it with the guys on front of him. Sure he will arrive in the next week and a half.

Frustrating to lose the goals today but we are lucky these days that we get to watch a team that is skillful and entertaining.
I don't understand the angry or unrealistic guys.

See you all at the Hamilton game. Remember your big coats!

Agree with the comments about the front three. Boyle was brilliant again but Kamberi does very well up and down the left and his run was very good for Boyle's goal. Not a fan of Doidge but a great run for the goal and a wee bit luck, deservedly, with the finish. We have scored goals in most games and that includes games where Allan is not performing. like today. Lots on these pages seem to want to build a team round Allan but Boyle is our most important player for me. Whatever system and personnel we play I'd want to get the ball as often as we can to Boyle.

HFC93
19-01-2020, 10:12 PM

Yawn.

Max_Shah
20-01-2020, 12:30 AM
Obviously disappointed not to win but that was an enjoyable game.

Good atmosphere between both sets of fans, two teams who looked like they wanted to win, a bit of a battle at times and some good goals.

Our deficiencies are well known to everyone, including the management, and that's why we didn't win today but it was still an enjoyable game of football imo.

:top marks

The definitive post[s] on the matter at hand.

This is someone who knows what they are writing about. :aok: :not worth

FilipinoHibs
20-01-2020, 01:43 AM
This is a very positive thread. Enjoyed the game on Hibs TV and did not come away disappointed as I did with the games under Heck when we conceded late goals.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2020, 01:49 AM

Inclined to agree. Pretty pish

The thread isn't about Hibs performance. It's pointing out, and fairly in my opinion, that if you had been a neutral watching that game you would have been pretty well entertained ... it swung from end to end at times with lots of goalmouth action, it had 4 goals 2 very good and 2 belters. The crowd was fairly noisy from both sides and there were a few meaty tackles as well.

The point is you don't have to have a pitch full of superstars wondering what supercar to buy next playing in front of 60,000 in order to serve up an entertaining game with a decent atmosphere.

If you want to critique Hibs performance there are about 3 other threads where you can fill yer boots ... isn't there :aok:

TimeForHeroes16
20-01-2020, 02:38 AM

Absolutely shocking turn out for united 6 thousand home fans in pretty much there biggest game of the season bar Dundee derby. And they are high flying atm thinks it’s 10 wins on the bounce.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Absolutely shocking turn out for united 6 thousand home fans in pretty much there biggest game of the season bar Dundee derby. And they are high flying atm thinks it’s 10 wins on the bounce.

Be interesting to see how many we have in the home stands for the replay. I don’t think it’ll be that many more. Home crowds in the early rounds of a cup competition are always low.

JimBHibees
20-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Be interesting to see how many we have in the home stands for the replay. I don’t think it’ll be that many more. Home crowds in the early rounds of a cup competition are always low.

Hopefully pricing is decent crowd will likely depend on if tv cover it which assume they will given lack of replays.

20-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Great atmostphere amoungst the hibs support today, plenty singing the full game.

Unlucky not to win, thought we were the better team. If only we could take our bloody chances! At 1-0 we had a few good chances to make it 2-0.

But no point in dwelling on ifs and buts, lets get them back to ER, get the place rocking and send ourselves to the next round of the cup :thumbsup::flag:

Keith_M
20-01-2020, 07:21 PM
.... Rocky didn’t have a save to make.....

Apparent from the two goals, you mean?

:confused:

I'm Spartacus
21-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Dundee United were really poor IMO, flying at the top of the league, that's clearly a reflection on how poor the rest of the league are, we're through no problem.

Will be good to have United back, but they're a bottom 6 team.

Since452
21-01-2020, 03:29 PM
Dundee United were really poor IMO, flying at the top of the league, that's clearly a reflection on how poor the rest of the league are, we're through no problem.

Will be good to have United back, but they're a bottom 6 team.

Tuesday night, sparse home crowd, free hit for them. Worries me a tad. Especially with not taking our chances Sunday

Carheenlea
28-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Another cracking cup tie in the replay tonight. Dundee Utd brought an excellent travelling support which added to the occasion, and 6 goals tonight to add to the 4 at Tannadice for ten goals over the two games. A good advert for the Scottish Cup I thought.

HibeeHibernian4
28-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Another cracking cup tie in the replay tonight. Dundee Utd brought an excellent travelling support which added to the occasion, and 6 goals tonight to add to the 4 at Tannadice for ten goals over the two games. A good advert for the Scottish Cup I thought.

Just a shame it couldn’t have been shown on TV. Great tie, as you say.

monktonharp
28-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Another cracking cup tie in the replay tonight. Dundee Utd brought an excellent travelling support which added to the occasion, and 6 goals tonight to add to the 4 at Tannadice for ten goals over the two games. A good advert for the Scottish Cup I thought.:agree: well said. cant complain, although we had the measure of them in the first game. was moaning a bit about them not giving us more seats, but I was pleasantly surprised at their turnout tonight. made a better atmosphere.

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Two very entertaining games. It's a shame more Hibs fans didn't turn up tonight considering that after the first game the chances were it would be a good game full of goals ... which it was. Looking at the turn out by the Utd fans, and the way they backed their team, is there any doubt they will enhance the premier league.

jacomo
28-01-2020, 10:52 PM
It was certainly a battle. The standard was poor even though we dominated. Take Boyle out and we’re a very slow side on the attack.

That said, the much hailed Shankland was largely kept quiet and Rocky didn’t have a save to make.

Ross summed it up well - frustrating. We should be better.

That said, I think we’ll roast them at ER.

Well, not a roasting exactly, but can’t complain with 4 goals.

First game certainly was low on quality though, plenty of improvement still to come I hope.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Two very entertaining games. It's a shame more Hibs fans didn't turn up tonight considering that after the first game the chances were it would be a good game full of goals ... which it was. Looking at the turn out by the Utd fans, and the way they backed their team, is there any doubt they will enhance the premier league.

They'll be a welcome addition to the Premiership.

It's just a shame that their talisman won't be with them.