PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WELCOME HOME STEPH!

RSS Bot
17-01-2020, 08:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10504)

Vault Boy
17-01-2020, 08:10 PM
Belgian Braveheart 🙌

Billy Whizz
17-01-2020, 08:12 PM
Steph🤣

hibby6270
17-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Ace!!:thumbsup:

GloryGlory
Stephane Omeonga

Let's all the do the conga
Do do do do

Do do do do...

Vault Boy
“As soon as I heard there was a chance for me to come back I jumped at it.

“It is a special club. I kept in touch with the staff, the players and followed the games.

“From my last game, it feels like not a day has gone by without me getting a nice message from a Hibs supporter on social media and that stays with you. It means a lot."

Love you Steph.

Hibeesmad
17-01-2020, 08:14 PM

“It is a special club. I kept in touch with the staff, the players and followed the games.

“From my last game, it feels like not a day has gone by without me getting a nice message from a Hibs supporter on social media and that stays with you. It means a lot."

Love you Steph.

One of our own.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Stephane Omeonga

Do do do do

Do do do do...

It's good but the Malonga song is surely made to measure for SO :thumbsup:

coco22
17-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Great signing. Exactly what our midfield needs. He gets Hibs 💚

Hibeesmad
17-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Stephane Omeonga

Do do do do

Do do do do...

I expect a full choir of this on sunday

JohnMcM
17-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Love you Steph.

Welcome back Stephane we have both missed and need you. Get out on that pitch and show us what we know you have.

Unseen work
17-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Welcome home Steph, a good addition to the team.

For me he’s overrated by some however his enthusiasm for the game and understanding of hibs and the fan base is second to none. He will give everything he’s got and will grow into a very good player imo.

He makes if difficult for the opposition to put their foot on the ball and dictate as he is constantly in your face and also has the ability to take us up the pitch quick.

Hopefully he improves his end product which I’m sure he will, Iv Boyle can them so can Steph.

Hopefully another defensive mid to come in which would make us look very strong defensively and going forward with a diamond of

..........New dm

Hallberg........Omeonga...

............Allan....

04Sauzee
17-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Do do do Stephane Omeonga
Do do do I hope he stays much longer

Vault Boy
17-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Full interview on HTV now.

- Called Graeme Mathie whilst on the way to sign in Italy and there wasn't even a decision to be made once Hibs became an option.

- Was already in talks with staff to try and join in the summer.

- Is an absolute legend of a man.

JohnM1875
17-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Absolutely over the moon with this signing. Well played Hibs!

Jack Hackett
17-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Stephane Omeonga + Scott Allan on the same pitch... together!

staunchhibby
17-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Welcome back stephen

jax67
17-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Great signing Hibs!! Welcome back Stefan!!

Brummie_Hibs
17-01-2020, 08:27 PM
He is definately overrated on here, however he is the type of player who gives everybody a lift when he gets the ball. That in itself might be enough to worth his signing.

04Sauzee
17-01-2020, 08:28 PM
Full interview on HTV now.

- Called Graeme Mathie whilst on the way to sign in Italy and there wasn't even a decision to be made once Hibs became an option.

- Was already in talks with staff to try and join in the summer.

- Is an absolute legend of a man.

Texted him im the plane told him to get off as there was a problem with the left phalange

Kaff
17-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Love his enthusiasm and respect for the club, the fact he's a cracking player makes him a brilliant signing and a lift for everyone.
Saul Goodman can raise a glass tonight!

Silversand
17-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Stephane Omeaga
What an effin signing
Na na na na
Na na na na

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
17-01-2020, 08:35 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/6329
legend.

The 90+2
17-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Amazing news. Well played Hibernian and welcome back Stephane.

Weegreenman
17-01-2020, 08:38 PM
Fantastic news 👍

Bangkok Hibby
17-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Texted him im the plane told him to get off as there was a problem with the left phalange

a good "friend" 😄

makaveli1875
17-01-2020, 09:21 PM
That was a bolt out of the blue. Incredible news. Welcome home Steph

17-01-2020, 09:23 PM
I love this wee character. What a signing. Magic stuff from hibs.

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2020, 09:25 PM
That was right out of left field...what a tremendous signing

CLASS OF 72 -73
17-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.

The 90+2
17-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.

Much rather have Omeonga back strutting his stuff than brining in someone from Yeovil or a Barnsley reject. Omeonga is a class above the market we usually operate in and I’m delighted we have someone like that going to be in our midfield now.

CallumLaidlaw
17-01-2020, 09:29 PM

Your first one and a half sentences is exactly why we’ve signed him. If someone works why would you not bring them back in. Gets fans onside and much less of a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
17-01-2020, 09:30 PM
That makes no sense. How did he end up at Hibs last season?

tonyrougier123
17-01-2020, 09:33 PM
Stunning hibs! Just stunning!! 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Welcome home steph!!

Canny wait to see you play for the hibees again!!

GGTTH

makaveli1875
17-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Much rather have Omeonga back strutting his stuff than brining in someone from Yeovil or a Barnsley reject. Omeonga is a class above the market we usually operate in and I’m delighted we have someone like that going to be in our midfield now.

This in spades

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2020, 09:34 PM

So signing him was showing imagination, resigning him after a good loan spell shows we lack imagination?

Unseen work
17-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Cercle Brugge had an option to buy him at the end of their loan deal, wonder if we will have similar.

2 years left on his deal come summer and looks like he won’t make it at Genoa.

jeffers
17-01-2020, 09:36 PM

Couldn't disagree more. If a player has done well for us why wouldn't we want to bring him back, we wanted him in the summer we just couldn't get it agreed. Also a January signing needs to get up and running quickly, he knows the club and should settle in nicely.

As for the overrated bit, not just you saying it, but I'm not sure why. He was good with us before and gives us energy in midfield plus can play a bit. I've not heard anyone suggest he's a superstar.

I'm v happy he's back.

CLASS OF 72 -73
17-01-2020, 09:37 PM
That makes no sense. How did he end up at Hibs last season?

Because he couldn't get a game in a better league and has never played more than 30 anywhere- that makes sense. Good player for our level.

Baader
17-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Well chuffed. Love the wee guy. Welcome back Steph :flag:

The 90+2
Because he couldn't get a game in a better league and has never played more than 30 anywhere- that makes sense. Good player for our level.

So surely if we didn’t get Steph back the best we could try and get is someone with exactly the same kind of profile you’ve just described?

HibeEC
Magic!

PH91
17-01-2020, 09:41 PM

In what way is he a "class above the market we usually operate in"? We have signed plenty players as good or better than Omeonga and will do so again.

And just because some of our recent signings from England haven't worked out well doesn't mean there are not good players down there who could be great signings for us.

Greenworld
17-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Cercle Brugge had an option to buy him at the end of their loan deal, wonder if we will have similar.

2 years left on his deal come summer and looks like he won’t make it at Genoa.Happy chap you are

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
17-01-2020, 09:44 PM
In what way is he a "class above the market we usually operate in"? We have signed plenty players as good or better than Omeonga and will do so again.

And just because some of our recent signings from England haven't worked out well doesn't mean there are not good players down there who could be great signings for us.

Such as who? Since McGinn and McGeough in the Championship there’s been nobody close to Omeongas talent in the middle of the park? Glenn Middleton? Mark Milligan? Joe Newel or Vela?

Unseen work
17-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Happy chap you are

just a touch of sarcasm from you.

In what way? Stating they had an option to buy and wondering/hoping we have one similar?

we are hibs
17-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Omeonga is the kind of player who can lift the players around him and the crowd by doing the slighest wee thing. A 2nd wind and chasing someone to win the ball/force a mistake. Mcginn used to do it all the time. Even if they arent having the best of games they keep going and going and dont give in. That enthusiasm rubs off on others and thats why players like omeonga are invaluable to have on the park. I am very excited to see how he and Allan link up alongside Hallberg and potentially another. We finally have a bit of mobility in the middle of the park.

Lendo
17-01-2020, 09:47 PM

Wow

Deansy
17-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Chuffed to bits Omeonga's back where he belongs - him and Scott Allan in the same team is a dream !

PH91
17-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Such as who?

John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Ofir Marciano...... I could go on, all great signings.

I'm just interested in what way you believe Omeonga is a class above?

Since452
17-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Hats off to Hibs here. They've taken a beating from some fans this season after backing our last manager heavily rightly or wrongly. They've gone out and got the manager most of us wanted and have made a quality signing as our first this window. Well done Hibs

oneone73
17-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Hats off to Hibs here. They've taken a beating from some fans this season after backing our last manager heavily rightly or wrongly. They've gone out and got the manager most of us wanted and have made a quality signing as out first this window. Well done Hibs

Technical second after Bogdan - who was also most welcome.

The 90+2
17-01-2020, 09:56 PM
John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Ofir Marciano...... I could go on, all great signings.

I'm just interested in what way you believe Omeonga is a class above?

I believe Omeonga is a class above the majority of players we have signed since promotion. Kamberi and Ambrose apart perhaps.

I could list them all but it wouldn’t be pretty. We usually operate in a more realistic market of players we can realistically afford, once in a wee while we pick up a gem like Stephane.

Omeonga is technically good, still very raw and open to massive potential and improvement. Who would you prefer we brought in instead? The only player I could think of off the top of my head would be Greg Docherty but again, he’s out of the market we operate in.

hibbie02
17-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Never mind all that s**t! Saul goodman! What a *****ing detective job!!!

Since452
17-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Scott Allan now has a rival for the best through ball at the club. Remember Omeonga's pass at St Johnsone last season. Outstanding

GreenCastle
17-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Buzzing he’s back.

He was one of the reasons we finished top 6 last season.

His energy in midfield is exactly what we need. We also still need a CDM but I can see him / Hallberg and Allan being very good.

The guy is a great character / person and understands Hibs - he will bring entertainment so exactly the type of player this club needs.

He’s knows the club so shouldn’t take too long to settle back in.

PH91
17-01-2020, 10:06 PM
I believe Omeonga is a class above the majority of players we have signed since promotion. Kamberi and Ambrose apart perhaps.

I could list them all but it wouldn’t be pretty. We usually operate in a more realistic market of players we can realistically afford, once in a wee while we pick up a gem like Stephane.

Omeonga is technically good, still very raw and open to massive potential and improvement. Who would you prefer we brought in instead? The only player I could think of off the top of my head would be Greg Docherty but again, he’s out of the market we operate in.

Fair enough, you obviously rate him higher than I do at this point in time. Time will tell whether he becomes a top player for us.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Scott Allan now has a rival for the best through ball at the club. Remember Omeonga's pass at St Johnsone last season. Outstanding

One of the assists of the season, it was brilliant.

Smartie
17-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Well I thought he was superb for us last season and a big part in our team turning from one toiling away in 8th to one that played much better during the 2nd half of that season to eventually finish 5th.

I still think we might need someone else more defensive minded in the midfield in addition but I’m delighted to have him back.

His energy getting up and down the park went a long way to filling the gap left by McGinn, and I reckon Hecky underestimated his importance to last season’s side (along with Milligan).

CmoantheHibs
17-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Just logged back on and seen this. Absolutely buzzing. Welcome home Stephane.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Omeonga is the kind of player who can lift the players around him and the crowd by doing the slighest wee thing. A 2nd wind and chasing someone to win the ball/force a mistake. Mcginn used to do it all the time. Even if they arent having the best of games they keep going and going and dont give in. That enthusiasm rubs off on others and thats why players like omeonga are invaluable to have on the park. I am very excited to see how he and Allan link up alongside Hallberg and potentially another. We finally have a bit of mobility in the middle of the park.

This

tonyrougier123
17-01-2020, 10:33 PM
👍.spot on.

lord bunberry
17-01-2020, 10:35 PM
I’m absolutely delighted to have him back, he’s a quality player and a really decent young man as well. I think people criticising him have to remember how young he is and how much potential there is for improvement from him. In fact I’m maybe being harsh saying people are criticising him as no one is really doing that. Anyway I think he’s a brilliant signing.

Steven79
17-01-2020, 10:35 PM
Should add much needed energy to the middle of the park!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/7acafa0184cff934f5d8ab608b05f804.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
17-01-2020, 10:44 PM

On the contrary, I think some people underrate him. He's not as good on the ball as SJM but he gives us that energy level in midfield that we've never replaced since SJM( apart from when Stephane was here on loan). I think Scott Allan will reap the benefit of having this wee dynamo in midfield. Loved when he went toe to toe with Broony at the end of last season. Brilliant battle.

EdinMike
Over the moon. No other words, welcome back Stéphane.

Hi Heid Yin
Gobsmacked but delighted to see Stephane back at Easter Road.
:flag:

hfc rd
17-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Delighted to have him back.

The 90+2
17-01-2020, 10:47 PM
Fair enough, you obviously rate him higher than I do at this point in time. Time will tell whether he becomes a top player for us.

👍🤞🤞

Hibee Mac
17-01-2020, 11:25 PM
Only negative whatsoever is that it's a loan deal.

Hopefully an option to buy in summer.

Greencore
17-01-2020, 11:36 PM
Only negative whatsoever is that it's a loan deal.

Hopefully an option to buy in summer.

His contract is up in the summer.

His choice.

Unseen work
17-01-2020, 11:40 PM
His contract is up in the summer.

His choice.

He is still under contract with Genoa till 2022.

If you saw it on transfer market it’s just meaning his loan with hibs is till this summer, full details of contract is at the bottom!

Centre Hawf
17-01-2020, 11:46 PM
Incredible that the man is back. Absolutely love him. He's the exact type of player we've been missing to sit beside Halberg and behind Allan.

As someone else said I was proud watching his interview and him saying that he appreciated everyone wishing him well on his next loan and sending him come home tweets. Classiest guy going as well.

Jdawg
17-01-2020, 11:57 PM

away to your bed pal.

Might be limited or maybe they looked at everything and he was the best option? what “hardly mind blowing” we’re you expecting? Do mind blowing signings sign for hibs? Bale? Pogba?

cameronw-hfc
18-01-2020, 12:06 AM
His wiki page has been updated by someone by the looks of it hahaha

18-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Welcome back Steph.

Hibeesmad
18-01-2020, 02:32 AM
Omeonga is one of those players who fell in love with the club for the way he has been treated by every single one of us. We should be proud of how we have made him so welcome to our football club. As the old saying goes 'play for the badge on the front of the strip, and the fans will remember the name on the back'.

GGTTH

Clarence
18-01-2020, 04:37 AM
I’d love to see this line up

Kamberi Doidge Boyle

Omeonga Hallberg Allan

Stevenson Porteous McGregor Gray

Marciano

Stokesy's on fire
18-01-2020, 04:55 AM

Derek mccinnes does exactly the same he signs proven scottish league players

Robson, flood,McGinn, kennedy, McGeough and May for example. The SPFL isnt a hard nut to crack hence why the sheep have been punching above their weight for a few years.

Unseen work
18-01-2020, 06:37 AM
Derek mccinnes does exactly the same he signs proven scottish league players

Robson, flood,McGinn, kennedy, McGeough and May for example. The SPFL isnt a hard nut to crack hence why the sheep have been punching above their weight for a few years.

Absolutley spot on, Iv said it before many times about Aberdeen’s recruitment. Not only is it just good proven players that make them stronger, younger players that make them stronger but it also weakens the opposition.

Off the top of my head they’ve signed

Kenny mclean
Graeme Shinnie
Ryan Christie
Jonny Hayes
Mikey Devlin
Lewis Ferguson
Gary Mackay Steven
Dylan Mcgeouch
Adam Rooney
Greg Stewart
David Goodwillie
Curtis Main
Stevie May
Paul Quinn
Willo Flood
Barry Robson
Tomasz Cerny

Although some never done as well as they would have hoped, they vast majority are really good players and the reason they’ve been consistently the best out with the old firm

I hope we match this as we have shown it works well when we do

Scotty Allan
Martin Boyle
John McGinn
Fraser Fyvie
Efe Ambrose
Anthony Stokes
Leigh Griffiths
Darren Mcgregor
Liam Henderson
Jason Naismith

There will always be the argument against it with some players not doing well, however as a whole I think it works well.

you can’t underestimate how important a player knowing the league is and knowing what it is to be a hibs player

FilipinoHibs
18-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Welcome home my boy.

JimBHibees
18-01-2020, 08:06 AM

Exactly the enthusiasm and energy we needed in the middle of the pitch plus his ability on the ball and genuinely appears to love being at the club and the fans love him also. A fantastic signing for us and anyone thinking otherwise has got their eyes painted on. :greengrin :flag:

Can he play tomorrow?

JimBHibees
18-01-2020, 08:08 AM
Couldn't disagree more. If a player has done well for us why wouldn't we want to bring him back, we wanted him in the summer we just couldn't get it agreed. Also a January signing needs to get up and running quickly, he knows the club and should settle in nicely.

As for the overrated bit, not just you saying it, but I'm not sure why. He was good with us before and gives us energy in midfield plus can play a bit. I've not heard anyone suggest he's a superstar.

I'm v happy he's back.

Agree totally. Brilliant signing.

JimBHibees
18-01-2020, 08:11 AM
On the contrary, I think some people underrate him. He's not as good on the ball as SJM but he gives us that energy level in midfield that we've never replaced since SJM( apart from when Stephane was here on loan). I think Scott Allan will reap the benefit of having this wee dynamo in midfield. Loved when he went toe to toe with Broony at the end of last season. Brilliant battle.

Absolutely he was fantastic in that game.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2020, 08:16 AM
When is the Hibs Facebook page going to announce this?

Pretty Boy
18-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Very happy with this. He'll add a bit dig and he's like a wee terrier in there, exactly what we need.

I sometimes felt he could be a bit lacking when finding a pass or getting a shot off when it mattered, the sublime pass at McDiarmid obviously excepted. However he's still young and that could well come. His other attributes, energy and bite, are why he has been brought in so it's a very positive step.

PeeJay
18-01-2020, 08:31 AM
Have to welcome him back and hope he does well for us, but I'm fed up with this loan player thing in general. He's a very decent player and he will be popular with the fans, he's not the answer to our problems though. Just wish we could sign some players who have a long-term commitment to the club so we could build something, but we don't have anyone at the club with the vision to do that as far as I can see.

CLASS OF 72 -73
18-01-2020, 08:31 AM
away to your bed pal.

Might be limited or maybe they looked at everything and he was the best option? what “hardly mind blowing” we’re you expecting? Do mind blowing signings sign for hibs? Bale? Pogba?

Don't like an opinion different to yours. Your Class

Hibee87
18-01-2020, 08:37 AM
Imagine being at a wedding, waking up hungover to F and reading this news. Happy days indeed

The Spaceman
18-01-2020, 08:42 AM
I’m absolutely delighted with this. He is one of the very few players who truly “gets it”. Usually when a player leaves us, I lose interest pretty quickly. Not the case for the likes of McGinn, Henderson and Omeonga - delighted he is back.

A lovable guy and very talented footballer. Well done Hibs.

stantonhibby
18-01-2020, 08:43 AM
Have to welcome him back and hope he does well for us, but I'm fed up with this loan player thing in general. He's a very decent player and he will be popular with the fans, he's not the answer to our problems though. Just wish we could sign some players who have a long-term commitment to the club so we could build something, but we don't have anyone at the club with the vision to do that as far as I can see.

Like Newell,Doidge,Vela,Hallberg,Kamberi,Horgan,James,M arciano...all signed on 2/3 year deals.

bigwheel
18-01-2020, 09:21 AM
Adds good energy and skill to our midfield ...recall the game he went toe to toe with Brown and came out with a lot of credit. it seems a lifetime ago that PH was being given compliments for being patient with Omeonga and bringing him gradually on as a first team starter...good luck Steph!!

Keith_M
18-01-2020, 09:29 AM
So the sun shining on the on the tail of the plane was a sign after all

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
18-01-2020, 09:33 AM
I’m absolutely delighted with this. He is one of the very few players who truly “gets it”. Usually when a player leaves us, I lose interest pretty quickly. Not the case for the likes of McGinn, Henderson and Omeonga - delighted he is back.

A lovable guy and very talented footballer. Well done Hibs.

I'm in the "he's a bit overrated" camp, but you're right about him "getting it" and that makes a big difference.

Hibs have allowed teams to run the middle of the park at times so Omeong's commitment and energy will make it harder for them to do that, although I still think we're a bit powder puff in there.

It's also a good signing because he's popular with the fans and maybe we'll see an end to the panicky doom and gloom predictions of catastrophic season ticket sales and the dastardly intentions of the owner.

number9dream
18-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Welcome back. Great energy, great attitude.
He has hardly played this season though, so some patience will be required as he is phased into the team.

The Spaceman
18-01-2020, 09:39 AM
I just can't wait to hear him refer to us as "Ze Hibs" again.

Greenworld
18-01-2020, 09:48 AM
just a touch of sarcasm from you.

In what way? Stating they had an option to buy and wondering/hoping we have one similar?Lol not sure why I sent you that mistake I think

PeeJay
18-01-2020, 10:01 AM
Like Newell,Doidge,Vela,Hallberg,Kamberi,Horgan,James,M arciano...all signed on 2/3 year deals.

Reading that it's almost as if you have a point, but you don't really -

mjhibby
18-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Welcome back. Great energy, great attitude.
He has hardly played this season though, so some patience will be required as he is phased into the team.

Still think he will be fine to bring out after an hour if available tomorrow. Can't see how anybody can see this as anything other than a massive plus. Mallans injury in a way makes it easier for Ross to pick the team and he doesn't have to fit him and Scotty into the team. Slivka will start tomorrow I'm sure but Steph will come in for the Hamilton game. Hallberg and Steph in the middle has such a solid look and hallberg can maybe look at being more up the pitch and setting up the strikers. Love watching Steph play. Teams don't like playing against him as he never lets them settle. Will be vital against teams live livi and at Johnstone. Hopefully it means protecting the back four a lot more as it's been the biggest problem we've had this season. The back four aren't playing badly they are just having to watch too many players coming at them. Welcome back Steph. Now make it permanent in the summer.
I'm sure Jack will do more business in the summer and get the balance right in the team but getting Steph on a 3 or 3 year deal would be a great start.

stantonhibby
18-01-2020, 10:40 AM
Reading that it's almost as if you have a point, but you don't really -

Well, your point was that you wished we could sign players on longer contracts to build something rather than make loan signings? My point is we have done that recently with the players i've listed? Or are you just talking about this window.

PeeJay
18-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Well, your point was that you wished we could sign players on longer contracts to build something rather than make loan signings? My point is we have done that recently with the players i've listed? Or are you just talking about this window.

Firs up I apologise for my cheap reply post - no need for it. I am not convinced the players you listed are committed or here for the long term, I'd keep 2 of them at the most myself ...

Like I say, I don't like the loan player thing and I wish we would take the time to develop and use our youth players or good prospects from elsewhere - maybe a bit wishful thinking on my part, but long term I'd like us to be be playing with more young, dynamic, athletic players who also have a certain level of skill and can play in a creative team that can pass the ball, retain it and do something positive when it has it, moving forward at pace ... we need someone at the club in charge with the vision and will to do that ...

stantonhibby
18-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Firs up I apologise for my cheap reply post - no need for it. I am not convinced the players you listed are committed or here for the long term, I'd keep 2 of them at the most myself ...

Like I say, I don't like the loan player thing and I wish we would take the time to develop and use our youth players or good prospects from elsewhere - maybe a bit wishful thinking on my part, but long term I'd like us to be be playing with more young, dynamic, athletic players who also have a certain level of skill and can play in a creative team that can pass the ball, retain it and do something positive when it has it, moving forward at pace ... we need someone at the club in charge with the vision and will to do that ...

I don't disagree re the list I posted.....the jury is well and truly out particularly the summer signings.

Your second para is the dream scenario i suppose, players like McGinn for example.

Since452
18-01-2020, 11:10 AM
Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow.

HendoDelivered
18-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Delighted with this.

Hibbyradge
18-01-2020, 11:32 AM
Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow.

I don't think he's got international clearance yet.

PeeJay
18-01-2020, 11:46 AM
I don't think he's got international clearance yet.

He was playing his games in the EU (Italy) - the UK is in the EU, won't his "clearance" be for the EU in general?? :confused: Oh, wait, I've just realised ...

Hibbyradge
18-01-2020, 11:59 AM
He was playing his games in the EU (Italy) - the UK is in the EU, won't his "clearance" be for the EU in general?? :confused: Oh, wait, I've just realised ...

I don't know what clearances he needs, but this is from the fishy site;

"Hibernian are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Stephane Omeonga, subject to international clearance."

Sir David Gray
18-01-2020, 12:03 PM

It's got nothing to do with being in or out of the EU. If a player moves between different countries, their registration needs to clear with the governing bodies of both nations before they are free to play with their new club.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2020, 12:08 PM
It's got nothing to do with being in or out of the EU. If a player moves between different countries, their registration needs to clear with the governing bodies of both nations before they are free to play with their new club.

We’ll have been working on our team/shape all week
If he’s cleared, best he would get is a seat on the bench
Not played for a while either, so not sure how his match fitness is

PeeJay
18-01-2020, 01:05 PM

Yeah, think you are correct here - was just thinking with FoM everything should be a bit easier and smoother to process ...

Hermit Crab
19-01-2020, 05:02 AM
So can he play today? Anyone? :dunno:

Heisenberg
19-01-2020, 05:07 AM

I thought it said his first game was Hamilton when he was announced but just checked and it only mentions that’s the first time he’s back at ER. Not seen any mention about today.

Vault Boy
19-01-2020, 05:13 AM
I thought it said his first game was Hamilton when he was announced but just checked and it only mentions that’s the first time he’s back at ER. Not seen any mention about today.

I'd imagine that wording was purposefully cute, on the off chance we could get him registered for today. Probably unlikely, but fingers crossed.

JimBHibees
19-01-2020, 08:08 AM

Likely all depend on whether we got registration from Italian fa. No idea how quickly these things happen and you would assume it could be done electronically however given the timing of the announcement on Friday would seem a possibility it didn't go through. Hibs will likely keep it quiet to not tell United whether he is able to play or not.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Yeah, think you are correct here - was just thinking with FoM everything should be a bit easier and smoother to process ...

It even applies if a player moves between Scotland and England because as far as football is concerned the two are separate nations with different governing bodies.

hibbie02
19-01-2020, 09:20 AM
Adds good energy and skill to our midfield ...recall the game he went toe to toe with Brown and came out with a lot of credit. it seems a lifetime ago that PH was being given compliments for being patient with Omeonga and bringing him gradually on as a first team starter...good luck Steph!!

Yes it was that day when he stood up to Broony that I realised we might have found a wee gem there. He got stuck in, and when Broony did the same, he just smiled at him. Deffo wasn't bullied or overawed. Just effective.