PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hickey to AC Milan

Keith_M
16-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Stop laughing at the back, it's in the Herald (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18163771.hickey-linked-ac-milan-celtic-target-bruno-quits-cruzeiro/)

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2020, 05:36 PM
AC Milans left back is about the only bright spot of their season so far. One of about 200 reasons this wouldn't happen.

Since452
16-01-2020, 05:44 PM
He'd go to Milan in the same way Feruz went to Chelsea. Loaned out to all and sundry. He's a good young player but he's no Maldini

Bostonhibby
16-01-2020, 05:45 PM
AC Milans left back is about the only bright spot of their season so far. One of about 200 reasons this wouldn't happen.Maybe they mean inter Milan then?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
16-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Maybe they mean inter Milan then?[emoji6]

Inter Miami maybe

HoboHarry
16-01-2020, 05:48 PM

Bostonhibby
16-01-2020, 05:52 PM
22895[emoji16]

Inter might be wanting one of those bizarre "special" relationships though?

Pretty Boy
16-01-2020, 05:55 PM
Fletcher to Real Madrid anyone?

rossevenil
16-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Hickey flew out to Paris from Edinburgh today so either a meeting in Paris or going on elsewhere from there.

Stonewall
16-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Fletcher to Real Madrid anyone?

Was that not Benji?

HibbyAndy
16-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Was that not Benji?

it was :agree:

HoboHarry
16-01-2020, 06:34 PM
it was :agree:
Steven Fletcher too...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2291516/Real-Madrid-track-Hibernians-Steven-Fletcher.html

HibbyAndy
16-01-2020, 06:38 PM
Steven Fletcher too...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2291516/Real-Madrid-track-Hibernians-Steven-Fletcher.html

Yeah vaguely rings a bell now , Wee Lewy in that picture still going strong , Scary stuff

eastmainsmsh
16-01-2020, 07:02 PM
AC Milan Rovers at the pitz

Danderhall Hibs
16-01-2020, 07:13 PM
:hilarious

£10m for Andy Driver as well.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2020, 07:32 PM
[emoji16]

Is that the same kind of special relationship that they had with the Scottish Cup when they hadn't won a match in the tournament for about 3 years?

heretoday
16-01-2020, 07:54 PM
He looks about 14.

Bostonhibby
16-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Is that the same kind of special relationship that they had with the Scottish Cup when they hadn't won a match in the tournament for about 3 years?All their relationships are "special" they don't do ordinary or normal.

Sammy7nil
16-01-2020, 08:07 PM
I really don't see what the fuss is about I may be proved wrong but I can't see why any team in the EPL of Europe would be interested.

hibsbollah
16-01-2020, 08:08 PM
He looks about 14.

Hearts like to blood their youngsters early.

jgl07
16-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Inter Miami maybe

Inter oblivion more like?

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2020, 08:14 PM
I really don't see what the fuss is about I may be proved wrong but I can't see why any team in the EPL of Europe would be interested.

THey aren't. Same as Cochrane. The hype is because of his age, not his ability.

Joe6-2
16-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Couldn’t believe what I was hearing on the Scottish news, I did laugh out loud

lord bunberry
16-01-2020, 08:26 PM
For a player that’s supposedly so good it seems they can’t wait to get rid of him.

HoboHarry
16-01-2020, 08:31 PM
For a player that’s supposedly so good it seems they can’t wait to get rid of him.
They need money from somewhere to pay off Levein and McPhee..... :greengrin

SMAXXA
16-01-2020, 09:03 PM
More chance of me giving Paulo Maldini a wee hicky on tadger

Greencore
16-01-2020, 09:09 PM
More chance of me giving Paulo Maldini a wee hicky on tadger

😂

jacomo
16-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Surprised Meelan have a hope of signing one of the brightest prospects from the big, famous and magnificent ones.

What a coup for Italian football if they pull this off.

Hibeesmad
16-01-2020, 10:01 PM
Probably someone from Hearts trying to leak some pish to make teams interested.

The 90+2
16-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Probably someone from Hearts trying to leak some pish to make teams interested.

They could have been more realistic and linked him with Queen of the South on loan.

PH91
16-01-2020, 10:43 PM
He is a cracking player with plenty potential. By far their best player at tynie. At his age he should be getting occasional starts amongst appearances off the bench but looks like Hearts are sticking to their usual play the youngsters into the ground and burn them out approach.

Cant see any teams buying him now when they could wait until the summer when he will only have 12 months left on his contract.

The 90+2
16-01-2020, 11:28 PM
He is a cracking player with plenty potential. By far their best player at tynie. At his age he should be getting occasional starts amongst appearances off the bench but looks like Hearts are sticking to their usual play the youngsters into the ground and burn them out approach.

Cant see any teams buying him now when they could wait until the summer when he will only have 12 months left on his contract.

I don’t think he’s ever shown anything to say he’s anything near Whittaker coming through here.

Hibs4185
17-01-2020, 02:47 AM
I think their desperation to see a youngster be sold for big money is due to McGinn. I read on KB that they want £2million and a 30% sell on fee.

I don’t think they can handle the fact that we had one of the most promising talents in Scotland, let him develop properly, and then held firm until we got a good deal from Villa.

They are desperate to be able to say something similar.

FilipinoHibs
17-01-2020, 03:39 AM
AC/DC? Yes could see that.

Saint Hibee
17-01-2020, 06:38 AM

In fairness to the boy, he looks a much better player than Cockring.

lyonhibs
17-01-2020, 06:38 AM

:agree: :agree:

The only player contracted to Hearts I'd take at ER tbh. His career will probably not fulfill its potential for the precise reason you outline but properly managed he could be playing in the EPL within about 5 years IMO.

green day
17-01-2020, 06:47 AM
In the last derby I thought he was very good going forward and linked well but - as with so many "fullbacks" these days - didnt have much in the way of defensive capabilities.

Arguably he has been at fault for a fair few of Hearts goals lost this season.

He does look to be a player though, so (for Scotlands sake) lets hope he kicks on. Only issue for me is if he has the mental strength at that age to cope with a move abroad?

p.s. Inter paying £1.25m for 34 year old Ashley Young

Diclonius
17-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Imagine if he actually makes it. We'll have three international class... Left backs.

Only Scotland eh.

Waxy
17-01-2020, 08:55 AM
Ac adaptor

Carheenlea
17-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Stefano Pioli will have heard as much about Hearts as Daniel Stendal had before his appointment to manager of the famous.

Stokesy's on fire
17-01-2020, 09:01 AM
[emoji16]

i can't see a big big big club like the big big world famous Hearts doing deals with small clubs such as AC Milan,

jacomo
17-01-2020, 09:12 AM
From today’s gossip column on the BBC website

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146091

“Manager Daniel Stendel has urged Aaron Hickey to ignore transfer speculation linking the teenager to AC Milan and Manchester City and focus on Hearts' survival scrap.”

The transfer speculation is only coming from one source ya balloon: Hearts themselves!

Peevemor
17-01-2020, 09:30 AM
From today’s gossip column on the BBC website

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146091 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146091)

“Manager Daniel Stendel has urged Aaron Hickey to ignore transfer speculation linking the teenager to AC Milan and Manchester City and focus on Hearts' survival scrap.”

The transfer speculation is only coming from one source ya balloon: Hearts themselves!

That's the equivalent of me forgetting any plans I might have to hook up with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox for a threesome this weekend.

jacomo
17-01-2020, 09:36 AM
That's the equivalent of me forgetting any plans I might have to hook up with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox for a threesome this weekend.

It’s for the best: Scarlett told me to tell you she’s unavailable this weekend... in fact, every weekend.

Don’t read anything into the fact that she refused to tell you herself... she does of course respect you.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2020, 09:58 AM
That's the equivalent of me forgetting any plans I might have to hook up with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox for a threesome this weekend.Too late.

They're both signing for the famous, it was discount off peak access to the Oriam that clinched it.

That and sessions in wetherspoons with Dodgy Dan.

HoboHarry
17-01-2020, 10:22 AM
You sure about Scarlett Johansson? She had a Hibee boyfriend on the telly and she ate him. Don't say you weren't warned.....

green with envy
17-01-2020, 10:37 AM
In the last derby I thought he was very good going forward and linked well but - as with so many "fullbacks" these days - didnt have much in the way of defensive capabilities.

Arguably he has been at fault for a fair few of Hearts goals lost this season.

He does look to be a player though, so (for Scotlands sake) lets hope he kicks on. Only issue for me is if he has the mental strength at that age to cope with a move abroad?

p.s. Inter paying £1.25m for 34 year old Ashley Young

Noticeably when they lost 3-0 away to kilmarnock. He had a 'mare throughout that game.

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Scottish football history is littered with players who had "great potential" in their teens but went on to disappear or have relatively humdrum careers: Eoin Jess, Kevin Harper, Paul McStay, Ian Durrant. People assume because they're ahead of their age group at 17 then they're going to be world beaters at 25. It doesn't usually work like that.

I think this kid will be the same, decent but not special.

WeeRussell
17-01-2020, 11:27 AM

I agree. Though I at least thought Cochrane stood out as a really good young player at the time.

*Edit.. I'm exaggerating. I thought the boy Hamilton was better than Cochrane.

Not sure what either of them are doing now.

Keith_M
17-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Scarlett's meetin me, ya bass!!!

:take that

WeeRussell
17-01-2020, 11:57 AM

Nah. I'd have him playing every game too if he was by far the best player and the team is struggling to stay up.

But then I disagree that he's by far their best player.

Springbank
17-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Imagine if he actually makes it. We'll have three international class... Left backs.

Only Scotland eh.

Lewis Stevenson,
Andy Robertson,
Kirean Tierney

Groathillgrump
17-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Scottish football history is littered with players who had "great potential" in their teens but went on to disappear or have relatively humdrum careers: Eoin Jess, Kevin Harper, Paul McStay, Ian Durrant. People assume because they're ahead of their age group at 17 then they're going to be world beaters at 25. It doesn't usually work like that.

Paul McStay?

Over 500 appearances for Celtic, many as captain, and 76 Scotland caps. Doesn't sound like a humdrum career to me. :greengrin

Think if he hadn't been so 'Celtic minded' he could've had a decent career down south if he'd wanted to.

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Paul McStay?

Over 500 appearances for Celtic, many as captain, and 76 Scotland caps. Doesn't sound like a humdrum career to me. :greengrin

Think if he hadn't been so 'Celtic minded' he could've had a decent career down south if he'd wanted to.

Yeah, but compared to the potential he showed as a teenager he played out a relatively unexciting career at Celtc playing 2nd fiddle to the Huns-on-steroids. He should've gone south or abroad and he might have really kicked on.

Sammy7nil
17-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but compared to the potential he showed as a teenager he played out a relatively unexciting career at Celtc playing 2nd fiddle to the Huns-on-steroids. He should've gone south or abroad and he might have really kicked on.

That was his problem he starred in an average Celtic team that was largely dominated by an overspending Rangers team.

HoboHarry
17-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Can't agree at with Paul McStay or Ian Durrant. Durrant in particular was effectively finished at 21 through a horrific Neil Simpson tackle. IIRC he was out for three years after that tackle but he had been terrific prior to that.

Kojock
17-01-2020, 01:21 PM
The Scotland Under 16 team who lost in the WC final to Saudi Arabia in 1989 is a great example of how many promising youngsters fail to make any great impact in the game.

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Can't agree at with Paul McStay or Ian Durrant. Durrant in particular was effectively finished at 21 through a horrific Neil Simpson tackle. IIRC he was out for three years after that tackle but he had been terrific prior to that.

I think the myth of how good Durrant was grew arms and legs while he was out injured. Like the others I mentioned he was very good for his age but that doesn't necessarily mean he was going to get any better.

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2020, 01:22 PM
The Scotland Under 16 team who lost in the final to Saudi Arabia in 1989 is a great example of how many promising youngsters fail to make any great impact in the game.

Whereas the Saudi Arabia team was a good example of how well a group of 25 year olds can come together.

HoboHarry
17-01-2020, 01:38 PM
I think the myth of how good Durrant was grew arms and legs while he was out injured. Like the others I mentioned he was very good for his age but that doesn't necessarily mean he was going to get any better.
Possibly, but I still don't think he could ever be classed as having faded away, he was finished by a tackle which didn't belong on any football pitch anywhere.

HoboHarry
17-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Whereas the Saudi Arabia team was a good example of how well a group of 25 year olds can come together.
:agree:

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Possibly, but I still don't think he could ever be classed as having faded away, he was finished by a tackle which didn't belong on any football pitch anywhere.

Can't argue with that.

Smartie
17-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Is Hickey left or right footed? I got the feeling he was an “inverted” fullback playing at LB even though he was stronger on his right foot. If so, he might be a decent option for RB. I wouldn’t want to see him join that graveyard full of LB options who couldn’t squeeze their way past Lewis Stevenson.

where'stheslope
17-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Talking of bad tackles, it not only can finish a career, but it can also stop a player earning their club £millions getting injured just before the transfer window (i.e. Patterson)!!!!!

Smartie
17-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Paul McStay?

I was speaking to a former Hibs midfielder recently who was around at the same time as McStay, he also played at a few younger levels for Scotland with him.

He said that he was an absolutely phenomenal player who was very much respected and rated by his fellow pros. His opinion was that his biggest fault was being such a die hard Celtic man, causing him to stay at a (relatively speaking for the time) slightly ailing club for so long.

EdinMike
17-01-2020, 03:00 PM

Me and Aubrey Plaza are going to the flics. The rest of this is utter nonsense.

HoboHarry
17-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Me and Aubrey Plaza are going to the flics. The rest of this is utter nonsense.
You'll get flung oot. She doesn't stop talking.....

Yorkshire HFC
17-01-2020, 03:14 PM

I remember Durrant as being a fantastic player - I can’t think that we’ve had a better midfielder in my time watching Hibs.

hibsbollah
17-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Is Hickey left or right footed? I got the feeling he was an “inverted” fullback playing at LB even though he was stronger on his right foot. If so, he might be a decent option for RB. I wouldn’t want to see him join that graveyard full of LB options who couldn’t squeeze their way past Lewis Stevenson.

He's played all across the defence as well as in midfield. Seems to be predominantly right footed but happy on his left too.

Allant1981
17-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Is that the same paul mcstay that won 3 league titles,4 scottish cups, a league cup and was capped about 80 times for scotland, most players would love a humdrum career like that

kaimendhibs
17-01-2020, 06:15 PM
I thought Hickey was outstanding at tynie in the last derby. Young lad pushing older more experienced players forward. May be a **** but a great young player regardless

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
17-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I remember Durrant as being a fantastic player - I can’t think that we’ve had a better midfielder in my time watching Hibs.

Yeah i remember him being decent as well, big hype from what i mind though from when he was on his way back, was a horrific tackle though to be fair

jacomo
17-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Is that the same paul mcstay that won 3 league titles,4 scottish cups, a league cup and was capped about 80 times for scotland, most players would love a humdrum career like that

Not a natural born winner like Craig Levein, that’s for sure.

Just wondering if his bitterness at his own career (he was a feted teenager was he not?) led him to push other young prospects too hard too soon, leading them to burn out and disappear?

Just a thought.

hibeerealist
17-01-2020, 06:50 PM

Ian Durrant was a class act and most supporters (his own team and others) recognised this guy was a bit special. Would he have had to improve beyond his form at that stage to satisfy your “myth” of how good a player he certainly was? He was a special player before getting injured in a shocking tackle and that is fact, “arms and legs and myths” are not part of that player’s profile!

I am no currant bun, Ian Durrant was a top player.

Just Alf
17-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Ian Durrant was a class act and most supporters (his own team and others) recognised this guy was a bit special. Would he have had to improve beyond his form at that stage to satisfy your “myth” of how good a player he certainly was? He was a special player before getting injured in a shocking tackle and that is fact, “arms and legs and myths” are not part of that player’s profile!

I am no currant bun, Ian Durrant was a top player.Agree with that, to be fair, it was only after he stopped playing and I was looking back at games did I realise how good he could be at times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Agree with that, to be fair, it was only after he stopped playing and I was looking back at games did I realise how good he could be at times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yup he had an impressive career even with the injury and subsequent hiatus... without it, who knows?

Unfortunate habit of signing FTP does tarnish things a bit, but a good player.

ancient hibee
17-01-2020, 09:27 PM
What does he sign it on?:greengrin

Killiehibbie
17-01-2020, 10:09 PM
If they sell him looks like Celtic get 30% of any fee.

wookie70
17-01-2020, 10:27 PM
I thought Hickey was outstanding at tynie in the last derby. Young lad pushing older more experienced players forward. May be a **** but a great young player regardless

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk He was on the ball. Very poor defensively, watch his part in the goals