The 90+2
14-01-2020, 07:06 PM
We’re all doomed.

supermcginn
14-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Nightmare

bawheid
14-01-2020, 07:19 PM
The kind of guy who’ll love being at the centre of a cup upset.

Alfred E Newman
14-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Is the cheat Kevin Clancy.

That's it then.
:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

The Harp
14-01-2020, 08:50 PM
Probably the worst we could've got.

lyonhibs
15-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Rolling out the referee related excuses already? :faf:
Same ref for both teams, if we deserve to win, we will. Here's hoping :aok::flag:

matty_f
15-01-2020, 06:01 AM
He's a brutal ref, not convinced he's a cheat however I am convinced he's grossly incompetent.

JimBHibees
15-01-2020, 06:08 AM
He's a brutal ref, not convinced he's a cheat however I am convinced he's grossly incompetent.

Agree can't remember him giving much for us but can remember a few against his performance in Celtic game at ER was brutal this season think he should have been credited for an assist for their goal when whole ground didn't have a clue what he was doing, not sending off Nitcham wa pretty much cheating though imo. Handball a couple of years back at ER v Rangers plus ludicrous penalty for Killie when he sent Lennon off. As I say can't remember much for us but we live in hope.

Jones28
15-01-2020, 09:15 AM

Exactly, the cheat talk is a loady pish, he’s just plain crap at his job.

we are hibs
15-01-2020, 09:35 AM
Not sending off Ntcham wasnt incompetent. It was cheating.

mutley
15-01-2020, 09:38 AM

Personally I tar all Scottish ref's with the same brush, I don't think there is any preference as they are all as bad as each other in my eyes.

allezsauzee
15-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Agreed, he's an idiot rather than a cheat

JimBHibees
16-01-2020, 06:10 AM
Not sending off Ntcham wasnt incompetent. It was cheating.

Agree no doubt a Hibs player would have walked for what he did.

bod
16-01-2020, 07:07 AM
We’re all doomed.

Let’s hope there’s no corner flags

WeeRussell
16-01-2020, 07:59 AM
Isn’t it amazing how so many professional referees would allegedly want to actually knowingly cheat Hibs out of results.

JimBHibees
16-01-2020, 08:55 AM
Isn’t it amazing how so many professional referees would allegedly want to actually knowingly cheat Hibs out of results.

More like petrified of giving decisions against certain teams. Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same by officials or that some teams get more decisions than others due to influences from crowd / who the team is etc?

WeeRussell
16-01-2020, 10:08 AM
More like petrified of giving decisions against certain teams. Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same by officials or that some teams get more decisions than others due to influences from crowd / who the team is etc?

No, I think a lot of referees are 'influenced' by crowds etc.

Do you genuinely think every referee that gets a thread on here is actually a "cheat"?

hughio
16-01-2020, 10:34 AM

Do you genuinely think every referee that gets a thread on here is actually a "cheat"?

I agree with you Wee Russell.
It's a bit sad to see how some on here sincerely believe there's a conspiracy to do Hibs down.
Sure there are bad/wrong decisions in most games and crowds influence refs but actually suggesting they are cheats is a bit childish IMO.

WeeRussell
16-01-2020, 11:05 AM
It's a bit sad to see how some on here sincerely believe there's a conspiracy to do Hibs down.
Sure there are bad/wrong decisions in most games and crowds influence refs but actually suggesting they are cheats is a bit childish IMO.

Exactly. Though I would concede that for some, it's maybe the definition of "cheat" where we differ in opinion.

For me it's a pretty strong word suggesting that they are actually going out of their way to knowingly give completely wrong decisions in order to do Hibs out of results. I wouldn't, as a big Hibs fan, do that to anyone (including Hearts or Rangers) and can't imagine many people getting much satisfaction from doing so. No doubt I would make a lot of errors though, possibly more so when under increased pressure and in bigger atmospheres.

I think we have a lot of poor referees in our league. I don't think any one of them is a "cheat".

JimBHibees
16-01-2020, 12:25 PM

If you don't treat all teams the same and are influenced by crowds then I am afraid that is cheating right there. I would think especially when you look into recent years in Scotland in terms of teams in our league going bust or into admin and how that has been dealt with then I think it would be naïve to think that referees were somehow outwith the scope of being corrupt. When the vast majority of top refs are from around the Glasgow area then that adds even more to the mix (Levein made the same point a couple of years back). There wasn't an Edinburgh official who refereed a Scottish cup final in over 100 years, coincidence??

JimBHibees
16-01-2020, 12:27 PM

I agree there are poor refs however someone like Thompson never gave Hibs a meaningful decision whilst at the same time gave numerous game changing decisions against us. As we are constantly told these decisions even themselves out except of course they don't.

we are hibs
16-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Alan Muir claiming he didnt see 2 handballs in the falkirk play off despite tv footage showed he had a clear unobstructed view of it. Cheating or an honest mistake?

Are people really that naive that they think there isnt cheating and corruption in football in general, never mind Scottish football? Did you hibernate during the rangers saga?

we are hibs
16-01-2020, 01:20 PM

Absolutely no one claimed there was a conspiracy to do hibs down. However referees favour one team over another quite a lot. Is it a coincidence the majority if not all top flight refs are from the west of scotland? Thats ridiculous. Can you imagine the uproar if every referee in the english premier league were from london?

SouthMoroccoStu
16-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Alan Muir claiming he didnt see 2 handballs in the falkirk play off despite tv footage showed he had a clear unobstructed view of it. Cheating or an honest mistake?

Are people really that naive that they think there isnt cheating and corruption in football in general, never mind Scottish football? Did you hibernate during the rangers saga?

Cheating bar steward

Hope he burns in hell

HibbyAndy
16-01-2020, 05:31 PM

:agree:

Spot on mate

Their is poor referring and their is downright cheating , Their is definitely corruption in the Scottish game

Clancy is the worst of a very VERY bad bunch

WeeRussell
17-01-2020, 11:21 AM
If you don't treat all teams the same and are influenced by crowds then I am afraid that is cheating right there. I would think especially when you look into recent years in Scotland in terms of teams in our league going bust or into admin and how that has been dealt with then I think it would be naïve to think that referees were somehow outwith the scope of being corrupt. When the vast majority of top refs are from around the Glasgow area then that adds even more to the mix (Levein made the same point a couple of years back). There wasn't an Edinburgh official who refereed a Scottish cup final in over 100 years, coincidence??

Not saying you're not making a fair argument, but the bit in bold doesn't do it any favours :greengrin

How many pro referees have we had from Edinburgh, out of interest? I assume Craig Thomson is from here?