PDA

View Full Version : First 2 league fixtures back - a chance

Wheat Hound
13-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Ok,the gap between us and Aberdeen (11pts) and Motherwell (12pts) is going to be tough to overcome. However, the first two league fixtures back provide a real chance to build a platform to do so.

First game we are at home to Hamilton whilst Aberdeen are at home to Well.

Thereafter, we are away to Well themselves.

The usual ifs, buts and maybes notwithstanding, but 2 wins and an Aberdeen home win would cut the gap with Well to 6pts and give us some real momentum.

Just some for food for thought in these barren football-less times!!

CMurdoch
13-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Ok,the gap between us and Aberdeen (11pts) and Motherwell (12pts) is going to be tough to overcome. However, the first two league fixtures back provide a real chance to build a platform to do so.

First game we are at home to Hamilton whilst Aberdeen are at home to Well.

Thereafter, we are away to Well themselves.

The usual ifs, buts and maybes notwithstanding, but 2 wins and an Aberdeen home win would cut the gap with Well to 6pts and give us some real momentum.

Just some for food for though in these barren football-less times!!

If we can beat either Aberdeen or Motherwell in our two remaining matches against them it will half the deficit.
We are currently as many points behind Motherwell as we are ahead of tailend charlie Hearts so not going to be easy.

B.H.F.C
13-01-2020, 04:27 PM
No room for error if we want to catch them. Would give us a massive lift if we can close the gap a bit whilst it’s still January.

Keith_M
13-01-2020, 04:35 PM
There's no harm in aiming for a Euro place, even if it currently looks unlikely.

Let's just see what the next few games bring

Juniper Greens
13-01-2020, 04:44 PM
12 games to the split. Assuming nothing from the old firm games, I'd say we could do with at least 7 wins from the other 10 to have any chance. Looks very tough

Lancs Harp
13-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Would be nice and some achievement but for me that gap is just too big especially for a side that has only won 6 games all season, just cant see us going on that big a winning spree. We'll finish 5th. We are work in progress.

CMurdoch
13-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Would be nice and some achievement but for me that gap is just too big especially for a side that has only won 6 games all season, just cant see us going on that big a winning spree. We'll finish 5th. We are work in progress.

We are almost nailed on for 5th hence probably not worth pushing the boat out in this window,
It is of course possible we could climb and Motherwell could fall towards us depending on what happens with both teams in the window.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2020, 09:51 PM
I don't think it's too defeatist to say that we have next to no chance of a top 4 finish this year.

We would likely need to win around 10 of our last 17 games to have any chance which is very unlikely.

5th place, a decent run in the Scottish Cup and a win in the (hopefully) last derby of the season will do for me and we can begin preparing for next season.

southern hibby
13-01-2020, 11:21 PM
I genuinely believe we will get into Europe.

GGTTH

PatHead
15-01-2020, 01:33 PM
I genuinely believe we will get into Europe.

GGTTH

I agree. The Motherwell manager admitted they had been incredibly lucky with injuries as they had a tight squad. A few injuries could totally change their season.
We need to go on a run and see what happens.

Bobby's Cinema
15-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Battle for top six looks the best we can hope for, the departed manager left us with too much to do with the squad.

Still think we have the right man in Ross, and with a summer window he will have us up there.

Hope we give the Scottish cup a good go, the Utd fixture screams upset to me with them still playing regularly hope I am wrong.