PDA

View Full Version : Dirty bassas!

matty_f
13-01-2020, 11:45 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/who-is-the-ladbrokes-premiership-s-dirtiest-team-here-s-where-celtic-rangers-aberdeen-hearts-hibs-and-league-rivals-rank-in-the-fair-play-table-1-5074038

Hearts and Aberdeen are the worst offenders. No surprises.

Hearts have consistently been the worst for fouls, about time something was done about it.

Since452
13-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Extremely unsurprising. Glad it's actually been highlighted and not just on here!

Biggie
13-01-2020, 11:51 AM
No surprise, hearts are a gang......crash, bang wallop their way thru games.

13-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Most of us here could've guessed they'd both be at the top. No surprise that they are 2 of the worst teams to watch.

I thought in the 3-0 game v Aberdeen they mostly weren't allowed to get away with their usual dirty tactics which meant some actual football was played. Shame refs normally permit too much of the sneaky stuff.

Ozyhibby
13-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Hearts undersized pitch probably has a lot to do with it. The smaller the area 22 grown men have to run about in the more often they are likely to come into contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
13-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Most of us here could've guessed they'd both be at the top. No surprise that they are 2 of the worst teams to watch.

I thought in the 3-0 game v Aberdeen they mostly weren't allowed to get away with their usual dirty tactics which meant some actual football was played. Shame refs normally permit too much of the sneaky stuff.

It was an inexperienced ref that day so perhaps he didn't realise that he should be taking his lead from Del McInnes before giving fouls?

Spike Mandela
13-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Celtic and Rangers are averaging 10 fouls a game or less????

Morelos and Scott Brown commit that number individually per game at least. SFA corrupt.

Keith_M
13-01-2020, 12:56 PM
Hearts undersized pitch probably has a lot to do with it. The smaller the area 22 grown men have to run about in the more often they are likely to come into contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a look at both and the area of the pitch at Tynecastle is 10% smaller (6,400mē) than the ER pitch (7,140mē).

I'm surprised the players can even turn round without bumping into each other

13-01-2020, 01:01 PM

Morelos and Scott Brown commit that number individually per game at least. SFA corrupt.

Yes but the poll is measuring fouls awarded not fouls committed.

brog
13-01-2020, 01:07 PM
I just had a look at both and the area of the pitch at Tynecastle is 10% smaller (6,400mē) than the ER pitch (7,140mē).

I'm surprised the players can even turn round without bumping into each other

It's actually a whole penalty box less in area than ER. Quite amazing really!

Sammy7nil
13-01-2020, 01:43 PM

:confused:

Anthony Soprano
13-01-2020, 01:46 PM

Because they get away with murder, the last rangers game at ER they should of had 3 or 4 bookings that were never given, whereas the ref was card happy with our players, including a red (that wasn't a red).

They had a couple tackles just as bad if not worse than porteous' but nothing was given, just a talking to was deemed sufficient.

Ironically it's the same people that are shouting for VAR to be introduced into Scottish football, if the playing field was ever levelled they'd be in for a rude awakening.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2020, 01:49 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/who-is-the-ladbrokes-premiership-s-dirtiest-team-here-s-where-celtic-rangers-aberdeen-hearts-hibs-and-league-rivals-rank-in-the-fair-play-table-1-5074038

Hearts and Aberdeen are the worst offenders. No surprises.

Hearts have consistently been the worst for fouls, about time something was done about it.

Hearts were masters of the dark arts under Levein, constantly foul players in the other teams half using a rotation of players to break up any attacks, then get 11 men behind the ball. They managed to get away with loads of fouls before the card eventually came out the refs pocket.

basehibby
13-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Hearts are a disgrace - they have been consistently the dirtiest team in Scotland for aeons now.

Joe6-2
13-01-2020, 06:18 PM

This

Joe6-2
13-01-2020, 06:19 PM

So Herts are even worse than the figures!

Joe6-2
13-01-2020, 06:22 PM
The rangers and celic 🙄
We do really well considering our players are consistently first in the book, and booked so easily in games