PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Romanov's Bizarre Interview

Keith_M
10-01-2020, 12:55 PM
...incredibly, from his Submarine!

Talks about how great Hearts could have been under his leadership, he didn't do a thing wrong... and nearly bought Liverpool

Article (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18152000.vladimir-romanov-claims-made-hearts-world-football-superpower/)

matty_f
10-01-2020, 12:57 PM
Talks about making a profit every year at Hearts!! 😂😂

The 90+2
10-01-2020, 12:58 PM
How the **** did he make money then play a team full of academy players 😂😂 they had about 400 loan players from Kaunus and no young Scottish players wanted to sign for hearts.

What a radge. It’s a shame he didn’t mention the fake share issue he had to try and save the club in which he pocketed all the money.

Since452
10-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Wow he's 72? Time flies

calumhibee1
10-01-2020, 01:04 PM
Here’s to you Mr Romanov 🍻

He set the wheels in motion for the equally hilarious Budge years.

Cataplana
10-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Thanks for that St. Vlad. It was all worth it.

McSwanky
10-01-2020, 01:21 PM
The thought of Vladimir Romanov sitting on his submarine writing poetry to himself fills me with joy! I hope he's smoking a pipe.

Kato
10-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Washed 83 mil through their desperate outfit and not one of Edinburgh establishment batted an eyelid.

Pretty Boy
10-01-2020, 01:29 PM
There must be scope for a really good investigative documentary into the whole time at Hearts. It was so bizarre.

I know we always said Hearts fans should have done more but looking back I'm not sure what they really could have done. They were desperate to be rid of Robinson and Vlad was the only show in town
Once he acquired a majority shareholding they didn't really have a choice but to go along for the ride.

He gave us some comedic moments and he gave them 2 Scottish Cups, I think both sets of fans enjoyed parts of his time here and hated others.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2020, 01:29 PM
I used to look forward to their 'Manager of the Month' award. They got through a shed load and the majority of them were duffers. Couldn't even use a fax machine.

Kato
10-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Talks about making a profit every year at Hearts!! 😂😂

Total wide-o.

The 72-year-old is still wanted by Lithuanian authorities for allegations of fraud, embezzlement and money laundering and was wanted by Interpol, but took refuge outside Moscow and is now a Russian citizen.

H18 SFR
10-01-2020, 01:38 PM
The man is a total crack pot.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Speak to any Jambo and they will tell you they wouldn't change a thing. Scottish cup, top of the league, champions League (qualifiers) bossing Hibs (most important) national and international news. They care not one bit that they stole, yes Jambos, stole all of that money from various businesses, charities and pension funds all they cared about was being the bigliest team in the world(Edinburgh). Still at it and spending other people's money at nautical rates but they question nothing. Forelock tugging, delusional fantasists. Fuds, every man woman and child of them

FilipinoHibs
10-01-2020, 01:57 PM
He inherited £22 million of debt and in the eight years ran up around £50 million more - ties on with all the write offs of debt and conversion to equity. So equivalent to having 10 players on £12k a week above the real income. Sounds about right.

greenginger
10-01-2020, 01:57 PM
There must be scope for a really good investigative documentary into the whole time at Hearts. It was so bizarre.

I know we always said Hearts fans should have done more but looking back I'm not sure what they really could have done. They were desperate to be rid of Robinson and Vlad was the only show in town
Once he acquired a majority shareholding they didn't really have a choice but to go along for the ride.

He gave us some comedic moments and he gave them 2 Scottish Cups, I think both sets of fans enjoyed parts of his time here and hated others.

When Vlad bought out the Pieman he landed about 60% of the shares .

He needed over 75% to do all his debt for equity swaps. He told the cardigan wearers they needed to sell their shares to him if he was going to pour his “ dirty” money into Tynecastle.

The yams bowed their heads , sold their shares and licked Vlads A...

Bostonhibby
10-01-2020, 01:59 PM
If ever there was a guy that knew how to absolutely soak the Duncans for their own cash whilst at the same time laundering others cash through them it was him.

For delivering the mirth that went with the administration we should be grateful to him. The maroon balloons were completely blind to what he was doing to and with them.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2020, 02:34 PM
All we hear is [clap-clap] Vladimir blah-blah

Peevemor
10-01-2020, 02:36 PM
He's always been a liar, but this goes even further. I think the cheese has finally slipped all the way off the cracker.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2020, 02:39 PM
He's always been a liar, but this goes even further. I think the cheese has finally slipped all the way off the cracker.Agree.

Maybe he's changed his name to Benny Factor?

CraigHibee
10-01-2020, 02:40 PM
"I had young players from all over Scotland begging to play for me - they dreamed of it. And it's because they knew I would have played them"

The key part "they knew I would play them"

Only because you picked the line ups half the time, fud

The 90+2
10-01-2020, 03:19 PM
When Vlad bought out the Pieman he landed about 60% of the shares .

He needed over 75% to do all his debt for equity swaps. He told the cardigan wearers they needed to sell their shares to him if he was going to pour his “ dirty” money into Tynecastle.

The yams bowed their heads , sold their shares and licked Vlads A...

It didn’t do that much harm in the long run to be honest.

lyonhibs
10-01-2020, 03:57 PM

This is always what I think about the Vlad era as well. Highly questionable from a moral point of view and left the fans needing to dig deep to save the club, but now, with a new (OK unfinished but still) stand at a stadium they likely wouldn't be playing at without his intervention and 2 Scottish Cups to show for it, has it really damaged them long term.

Budgie and Stendlol are looking like doing more damage to the football team on the pitch than Vlad ever did tbf.

grunt
10-01-2020, 04:12 PM
In this article he says that his financial partner was Oleg Deripaska.
Did we know that before?
I don't remember his name being linked with Romanov during his time at Hearts?
At one time he was listed as one of the top 10 richest people in the world!

ian cruise
10-01-2020, 04:25 PM
In this article he says that his financial partner was Oleg Deripaska.
Did we know that before?
I don't remember his name being linked with Romanov during his time at Hearts?
At one time he was listed as one of the top 10 richest people in the world!

This is Romanov we're talking about here, it's probably news to Oleg Deripaska as much as it is you.

The 90+2
10-01-2020, 04:29 PM
This is always what I think about the Vlad era as well. Highly questionable from a moral point of view and left the fans needing to dig deep to save the club, but now, with a new (OK unfinished but still) stand at a stadium they likely wouldn't be playing at without his intervention and 2 Scottish Cups to show for it, has it really damaged them long term.

Budgie and Stendlol are looking like doing more damage to the football team on the pitch than Vlad ever did tbf.

Yeah I’m in that boat too. I don’t agree with the bumping of the companies they did when into admin, they should always be reminded of that but if Ron Gordon went **** it and done the same I guarantee not many people would be going “think of the children” if we got good players in, smashing them (ironically at the time we gave them the best fight ever and should have been pumping them every match of it wasn’t for Romanov) winning cups and up the top of the league. Football fans are football fans and I don’t think if we went top of the league people would question how Ron was funding it or what the implications would be down the road, you would get that from hearts fans saying he’s going to kill us etc.

Romanov was decent for them. We went from chucking rugby balls at them and they being ****ed rightfully to spending what, ten years waiting for them to be ****ed again while they won two cups and hammering us.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Yeah I’m in that boat too. I don’t agree with the bumping of the companies they did when into admin, they should always be reminded of that but if Ron Gordon went **** it and done the same I guarantee not many people would be going “think of the children” if we got good players in, smashing them (ironically at the time we gave them the best fight ever and should have been pumping them every match of it wasn’t for Romanov) winning cups and up the top of the league. Football fans are football fans and I don’t think if we went top of the league people would question how Ron was funding it or what the implications would be down the road, you would get that from hearts fans saying he’s going to kill us etc.

Romanov was decent for them. We went from chucking rugby balls at them and they being ****ed rightfully to spending what, ten years waiting for them to be ****ed again while they won two cups and hammering us.
No offence but speak for yourself. If Ron Gordon tried any of that crap with Hibs and it was as obvious as it was with them, then I would be pissed off. I would also be minded to stop going and to make my feelings known that that is not the Hibs way. I honestly believe that is one of the main things that separates us from the chimps over the road. I don't think Vlad would have got away with that **** with Hibs

The 90+2
10-01-2020, 05:10 PM
No offence but speak for yourself. If Ron Gordon tried any of that crap with Hibs and it was as obvious as it was with them, then I would be pissed off. I would also be minded to stop going and to make my feelings known that that is not the Hibs way. I honestly believe that is one of the main things that separates us from the chimps over the road. I don't think Vlad would have got away with that **** with Hibs

No offence taken, whats your opinion of the hibs way?

Any idea what Rons plans are and how they fit in too? I would take a massive cash investment to challenge the old firm any day of the week. Do you really think there would be posts on here if we pumped them in a cup final titles “not the hibs way”?

Cataplana
10-01-2020, 05:11 PM

Budge wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Romanov.

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2020, 05:14 PM

Cant disagree any more.
Integrity is everything.
Hibs have it.

Makes also our cup win even more special given it was done based on good coaching, scouting and young hungry players from scotland mainly.

Not over paid foreigners who were being paid excessively for the actual level of club they were at,
Makes me still sick they wiggled out of those decades of cheating without any serious implications.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2020, 05:17 PM

Any idea what Rons plans are and how they fit in too? I would take a massive cash investment to challenge the old firm any day of the week. Do you really think there would be posts on here if we pumped them in a cup final titles “not the hibs way”?
It is to help out where possible to those who are worse off. See foodbank donation, Christmas meals etc, Hibernian Foundation something I would hope would never get stiffed like the big hearts foundation! Hanlon Stephenson Foundation,. The initial idea of Hibernian was to help the poor and needy. I know we are a professional football club but that should never ever mean that to get ahead we should be willing to turn a blind eye to stealing from businesses and charities, stealing from their own fans (share issue!!),
general dodgy dealings, totally mental behaviour from the owner.

Kato
10-01-2020, 05:43 PM

Not using funds from criminal proceeds to spend on a football club is fine by me. Doing so is a crime in this country and adds to the whole income tax loss, underfunding of the nations requirements. What Vlad did at Tynie was peanuts in comparison to some of the shenanigans that down but I'm happy that Hibs dont do that.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
10-01-2020, 05:49 PM

This is what infuriated me, thieving barstewards

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2020, 05:59 PM

Apart from bursting their bubble binning Burley...

lord bunberry
10-01-2020, 06:29 PM
Is his submarine actually in the water?

Iggy Pope
10-01-2020, 06:34 PM
This is what infuriated me, thieving barstewards

It’s cost a lot of their fans an awful lot of money and still does.

EdinMike
10-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Is his submarine actually in the water?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has it stranded in a mountain range knowing that screwball.

lord bunberry
10-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he has it stranded in a mountain range knowing that screwball.
Probably mate. The water would reach him before hearts ever become a force in Europe.

Jones28
10-01-2020, 08:19 PM
"I had young players from all over Scotland begging to play for me - they dreamed of it. And it's because they knew I would have played them"

The key part "they knew I would play them"

Only because you picked the line ups half the time, fud

Which young players? Which ones did he play that shoved aside the literal coach-loads of players from Lithuania? Honestly, that is the biggest load of Trumpian ***** I’ve ever read.

Deansy
10-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Hopefully this season, Karma & Justice are going to make their long overdue appearance at the PBS - it would go a little way to re-paying their debt for the 2 Scottish Cups that Vlad bought for them but he did it with other people's money, who were then all bumped along with several charities !. I'm old-fashioned and much prefer to win honestly and fairly, just like our Scottish Cup win - knowing it was won entirely by ourselves, without any dodgy-business going on, shows the difference in standards between them and us !

LancsHibs
10-01-2020, 10:52 PM
A great excuse to resurrect some old favourite smilies :lolyam::casper::nade::titanic::ostrich::Romanov:: vladsheep:

wookie70
10-01-2020, 11:53 PM
No offence but speak for yourself. If Ron Gordon tried any of that crap with Hibs and it was as obvious as it was with them, then I would be pissed off. I would also be minded to stop going and to make my feelings known that that is not the Hibs way. I honestly believe that is one of the main things that separates us from the chimps over the road. I don't think Vlad would have got away with that **** with Hibs I'm exactly the same. Screwing pensioners and small companies would not be worth it for me. Hibs class might not mean much on here but it means something to me

givescotlandfreedom
11-01-2020, 02:46 AM
I find this topic interesting. What was the feeling when Duff and Gray took over the club? I'm too young to remember that era but did it not appear shady at the time?

FilipinoHibs
11-01-2020, 04:23 AM
I find this topic interesting. What was the feeling when Duff and Gray took over the club? I'm too young to remember that era but did it not appear shady at the time?
No they were welcomed as heroes and we all fell for the share issue. It was a trojan horse operation and the situation came to a head very quickly.

wpj
11-01-2020, 05:18 AM
The fact he is conducting an interview in a nuclear submarine FFS, not at all normal behaviour
https://images.app.goo.gl/nJok5BGwDebiL9sm9

Greencore
11-01-2020, 08:34 AM
https://youtu.be/-0thlfvKBRk

Anyone remember this 😂

Cataplana
11-01-2020, 08:40 AM

They were brash, and positive, and we fell for it hook line and sinker. The thing is though, they paid the bills and didn't spend money they didn't have.

Smartie
11-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Was he not missing for a long while, wanted for various crimes in various countries?

Is that why he’s in the submarine?

And on a separate note - are there regulations regarding owning and sailing submarines privately? I assumed that most if not all of them would be military? Is it not a bit dangerous having that utter bampot cruising about in one?

Colr
11-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Was he not missing for a long while, wanted for various crimes in various countries?

Is that why he’s in the submarine?

And on a separate note - are there regulations regarding owning and sailing submarines privately? I assumed that most if not all of them would be military? Is it not a bit dangerous having that utter bampot cruising about in one?
Lithuanians are still after him.

FilipinoHibs
11-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Lithuanians are still after him.

Money laundering for Russians and bankrupting a major bank to the cost of £300 million through speculative loans to his failing fantasy business empire.

Keith_M
11-01-2020, 10:37 AM
I'm exactly the same. Screwing pensioners and small companies would not be worth it for me. Hibs class might not mean much on here but it means something to me

Agreed.

While the exact source of the money wasn't very obvious in the early parts of Romanov's reign (they didn't know people's pensions were being robbed), it was obvious to everybody that there was something very dodgy about it.

CraigHibee
11-01-2020, 11:53 AM
https://youtu.be/-0thlfvKBRk

Anyone remember this 😂

Amazing thought that had been lost haha

"Let me shake your hand" 🤣

The majority of them wanted to wring his neck by the end of it 😁

Jack Hackett
11-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Amazing thought that had been lost haha

"Let me shake your hand" 🤣

The majority of them wanted to wring his neck by the end of it 😁

Lots of glory hunters jumped on the bandwagon when he took over iirc. I think their average att jumped from 12k to around 16-17k and they touted their infamous 'waiting list for seasons'. It's this extra 4-5k who give it the 'sweet prince' patter and are the ones who now can't get to grips with the 'not really a big team' reality

The Baldmans Comb
11-01-2020, 07:05 PM
If you want to launder dodgy money then buy a football club as football clubs and their owners are virtually untouchable.

Politicians, football authorities just don't want to know and nor do the vast majority of fans who only care about success.

Pick any league in Europe and you will see how unscrupulousness owners move money from one side of the world to the other or "clean the cash" and no one bats an eyelid.

Vlad was just way ahead of his time.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2020, 07:29 PM
If you want to launder dodgy money then buy a football club as football clubs and their owners are virtually untouchable.

Politicians, football authorities just don't want to know and nor do the vast majority of fans who only care about success.

Pick any league in Europe and you will see how unscrupulousness owners move money from one side of the world to the other or "clean the cash" and no one bats an eyelid.

Vlad was just way ahead of his time.Unless you actually are a major politician or a member of their family this is often a reasonable way round the rules.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Vlad was just way ahead of his time.Can I just add, in Mrs doctor Budge's defence she seems to have thought she was getting into the lucrative 24 hour LAUNDRETTE business where a man called Levein would be performing the Dot Cotton role whilst she sat back and counted the coins.

FilipinoHibs
11-01-2020, 08:12 PM

Vlad was just way ahead of his time.

Not many brought down a major bank in their own country with dodgy loans to prop up their fantasy businesses. Another first for Hearrs