PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy of 7-0

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2020, 11:13 AM
It was humiliation for Hearts and changed the way they think about the derby. From board to players and fans, it became the most important thing in their lives to beat us in those games. It was even ahead of their 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup. That's why the capitulation in the Scottish Cup game of 2016 was ultimately more devastating to them than the financial doping 1-5 Craig Thomson final to us. Our club culture has always been the internationalist, as European pioneers, rather than parochial. If you offered a Jambo relegation but four derby wins , he would take it. I don't know a single Hibby who would.

Carheenlea
10-01-2020, 11:44 AM
It was humiliation for Hearts and changed the way they think about the derby. From board to players and fans, it became the most important thing in their lives to beat us in those games. It was even ahead of their 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup. That's why the capitulation in the Scottish Cup game of 2016 was ultimately more devastating to them than the financial doping 1-5 Craig Thomson final to us. Our club culture has always been the internationalist, as European pioneers, rather than parochial. If you offered a Jambo relegation but four derby wins , he would take it. I don't know a single Hibby who would.

I was over that 5-1 debacle pretty quickly. Travelled by train which despite attempts by police to have Hibs and Hearts fans on different trains it was all mixed - everyone just minding their own business and looking forward to the day in their own company with not a hint of trouble. Train back was all Hibs though after the previous couple of hours events and the walk down Leith Walk to Robbies was a depressing one with the traffic cones all in place in the event of a Hibs win. A few beers, a post-mortem then Champions League final, the mood became cheerier the songs started being sung. Had you walked by at 10.30 you might have been forgiven for thinking Hibs had won the Cup.
In the days after it I was surprised how little bothered I really was with it all, and was quickly dusted down and over it. Hibs winning the cup, and more so the late Tynecastle comeback to force a replay cut deep into every Hearts fan, and cut far deeper than their 5-1 did to any Hibs fan. Their wounds have still not healed, and won’t for a very long time.

10-01-2020, 11:57 AM
7-0 and our cup win defines them more than 5-1 defines us.

Also want to remind everyone that a poster on kickback admitted to crying after we won the cup.

CloudSquall
10-01-2020, 11:59 AM
I never know why anyone would be affected by that cup final derby.

I say that as Hearts were financially doped to the point they ended up in administration and relegated.

For a fan base that says they destroyed us that day it is rather ironic that their defeat in the 2016 tie saw them sack their best manager in donkeys while flying high in the league and started a decline that is looking likely to end in another relegation.

Their obsession with being the "big team" in Edinburgh has been their downfall.

Since452
10-01-2020, 12:02 PM
I think our cup win hurt them more than any of our results against them ever have

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2020, 04:27 PM
It's strange that those cretins seems to believe that we're some kind of denial about it. I can't divorce it from the financial doping/Thomson context. Arguably they cheated themselves out of our misery as even an average Hearts squad, fairly assembled, would have beaten what was a really poor Hibs side. That would have been much harder to take - losing a cup final without the mitigating circumstance of financial doping.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2020, 04:40 PM
It's strange that those cretins seems to believe that we're some kind of denial about it. I can't divorce it from the financial doping/Thomson context. Arguably they cheated themselves out of our misery as even an average Hearts squad, fairly assembled, would have beaten what was a really poor Hibs side. That would have been much harder to take - losing a cup final without the mitigating circumstance of financial doping.Absolutely correct.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
10-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Do you know what the best bit was after destroying them when WE won the Scottish Cup? Drawing them in the cup the very next season. They'd have been wanting to avoid playing us for a while with the utter bedlam and payback from the Hibs support. Not only that. We put them out AGAIN after a replay. Missed their chance a Tynecastle then had to listen to 20k sing about winning the cup and them bottling it in the process. Getting all the way to the semi they were in turmoil thinking it was happening again. Then we went on and won 8-1 in their stadium the year after. The largest scoreline since the same team won 7-0.

Honestly I couldn't care less about 2012. 2016 and the subsequent years have been worth every bit of pain as a Hibs supporter.

Waxy
10-01-2020, 05:23 PM
The 5-1 isnt as big a result as they make it out.We actually did well to finish the competition as runners up with that team.
All they really did was knock us out the cup and won it.
Same thing we did to them in 2016.

Cataplana
10-01-2020, 05:23 PM
I think the biggest source of Yam anxiety is that we are still here.

Let's face it with all the advantages of being part of the establishment, they have never succeeded in putting us away.

An upstart club like ours should not be competing with them, let alone overtaking them.

That is why a petty thing like an extra 500 on the gate is so important to them, when it's at their ground. They are very insecure.

Waxy
10-01-2020, 05:35 PM
A wee football team. They call themselves that in their club song.

Alfred E Newman
10-01-2020, 05:56 PM
The 7-0 game came in the middle of 20 years of Derby dominance by Hibs. Strangely during that time, although they must have suffered, there was not the hatred that is prevalent on both sides now. The entrance of Wallace Mercer and a good management team of McDonald and Jardine coupled with a grim period for us saw the tables turned. Unfortunately they seemed to take more satisfaction in their dominance than we did and developed their now well known trait of being bad losers and even worse winners coupled with an arrogance that has been passed down to the next generation and beyond. It's worth noting that we are not the only supporters that view them that way.
The Hibs support has had to put up with all that crap for the past 35 years so it's no wonder we are now taking great delight watching them struggle.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2020, 08:22 PM
It's strange that those cretins seems to believe that we're some kind of denial about it. I can't divorce it from the financial doping/Thomson context. Arguably they cheated themselves out of our misery as even an average Hearts squad, fairly assembled, would have beaten what was a really poor Hibs side. That would have been much harder to take - losing a cup final without the mitigating circumstance of financial doping.

That's where I am too.

Just Alf
10-01-2020, 08:29 PM
The 7-0 game came in the middle of 20 years of Derby dominance by Hibs. Strangely during that time, although they must have suffered, there was not the hatred that is prevalent on both sides now. The entrance of Wallace Mercer and a good management team of McDonald and Jardine coupled with a grim period for us saw the tables turned. Unfortunately they seemed to take more satisfaction in their dominance than we did and developed their now well known trait of being bad losers and even worse winners coupled with an arrogance that has been passed down to the next generation and beyond. It's worth noting that we are not the only supporters that view them that way.
The Hibs support has had to put up with all that crap for the past 35 years so it's no wonder we are now taking great delight watching them struggle.Nailed it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
10-01-2020, 08:42 PM
The thing I do worry about is that our cup win becomes like another 7-0. Well Into the 80’s hibs fans were going on about the 7-0 game after yet another derby defeat. Famous results should be an inspiration not a comfort blanket. Our pink chums have fallen into the trap of using 1-5 every time things go wrong, we shouldn’t make that mistake.

LaMotta
10-01-2020, 10:07 PM

This is true Roberto, however very likely that an unfinancially doped Hearts team would have made the final that year, so worth bearing that in mind:cb

LaMotta
10-01-2020, 10:08 PM
The thing I do worry about is that our cup win becomes like another 7-0. Well Into the 80’s hibs fans were going on about the 7-0 game after yet another derby defeat. Famous results should be an inspiration not a comfort blanket. Our pink chums have fallen into the trap of using 1-5 every time things go wrong, we shouldn’t make that mistake.

:agree:

Cataplana
11-01-2020, 08:25 AM
This is true Roberto, however very likely that an unfinancially doped Hearts team would have made the final that year, so worth bearing that in mind:cb

Their winner in the semi was scored by Kevin Kyle. A player they signed when they were already potless.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Their winner in the semi was scored by Kevin Kyle. A player they signed when they were already potless.Craig Beattie, not sure he got paid either.

Since452
11-01-2020, 10:12 AM
The Hibs support has had to put up with all that crap for the past 35 years so it's no wonder we are now taking great delight watching them struggle.

This 100%. They lorded it over us for years about 1902 and derby results. Never let us forget. This is why I don't get people saying obsessed with Hearts etc. **** them.
What goes around comes around and in Kevin Keegan style, I'm absolutely loving their plight. Loving it. I'll twist the knife at any opportunity and not ashamed to admit it.

Dolce7
11-01-2020, 07:29 PM
The 5-1 defeat never bothered me that much I was just glad it wasn’t 8-1
i was over it by the time I got home the players didn’t care so I was not going
to let it bother my life

PatHead
11-01-2020, 08:40 PM
Craig Beattie, not sure he got paid either.

He was signed the month that they stopped paying Heriot Watt.

PatHead
11-01-2020, 08:48 PM
Do you know what the best bit was after destroying them when WE won the Scottish Cup? Drawing them in the cup the very next season. They'd have been wanting to avoid playing us for a while with the utter bedlam and payback from the Hibs support. Not only that. We put them out AGAIN after a replay. Missed their chance a Tynecastle then had to listen to 20k sing about winning the cup and them bottling it in the process. Getting all the way to the semi they were in turmoil thinking it was happening again. Then we went on and won 8-1 in their stadium the year after. The largest scoreline since the same team won 7-0.

Honestly I couldn't care less about 2012. 2016 and the subsequent years have been worth every bit of pain as a Hibs supporter.

Celtic beat Hearts 7-0 at Tynie in 2013.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2020, 09:20 PM
He was signed the month that they stopped paying Heriot Watt.[emoji106]

That would be many months before the debt started to build and HWU did absolutely nothing about pursuing it.

Nicho87
11-01-2020, 09:35 PM
If it was written in the stars that we had to take that day, to win the cup the way we did in 2016, I’m perfectly okay with that now. Complete opposite ends of emotions at full time of course, i think I say for 99.9% Hibees, we will never experience that exact same feeling ever again including another cup win.

Sammy7nil
11-01-2020, 10:57 PM
If it was written in the stars that we had to take that day, to win the cup the way we did in 2016, I’m perfectly okay with that now. Complete opposite ends of emotions at full time of course, i think I say for 99.9% Hibees, we will never experience that exact same feeling ever again including another cup win.

I agree and people will poo poo me I just wish the team had got their chance for a lap of honour. But it is the way now it is all about me and a few photos on Facebook and Instagram.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Personally speaking that 5-1 game was the all time low in my years supporting Hibs and those talking about it being lessened by financial doping are kidding themselves on. The 4-0 semi wasn’t great either, but so what, it happened, **** does.

The 90+2
13-01-2020, 01:44 AM
The Scottish cup match at Tynie has hurt them significantly. The semi we lost to them genuinely hurt more than the final. None even bother me at all now, they had to sit and watch us winning the cup knowing how easily it could have been prevented. I hope and know it will hurt them deeply and it’s been all downhill since for them. Beautiful. They always have the two world wars I suppose, just don’t mention it to their manager.

mjhibby
13-01-2020, 03:11 AM
No doubt 5-1 was hard to take but the day of Reckoning was always going to happen to them we just cocked it up on our side. Absolutely the comeback at the PBS hurt them soooo much especially as we went on to win the cup. Neilson got punted because of it.their comfort blanket has been whipped off them and they are maroooned without it. Their behaviour as they have slipped to the bottom of the league shows the malaise they are in and their blind faith in stendel as their saviour shows how much they are hurt by us being above them. Derby loses hurt but if we win less points than them in the derbies but finished above them I couldn't give a hoot. Watching sdg head the winner is so sweet and knowing how much it skunnered them just adds more joy to it.

Iggy Pope
13-01-2020, 02:29 PM
I agree and people will poo poo me I just wish the team had got their chance for a lap of honour. But it is the way now it is all about me and a few photos on Facebook and Instagram.

100%.
Understood the pitch invasion but those on the pitch should’ve got the **** off a lot quicker than they did whilst more and more decided to pour in.
The lack of a lap of the pitch and a proper team photo on the pitch with the cup remains a disappointment for me and (I’d imagine) an awful lot of kids.

Sammy7nil
13-01-2020, 02:49 PM
The Scottish cup match at Tynie has hurt them significantly. The semi we lost to them genuinely hurt more than the final. None even bother me at all now, they had to sit and watch us winning the cup knowing how easily it could have been prevented. I hope and know it will hurt them deeply and it’s been all downhill since for them. Beautiful. They always have the two world wars I suppose, just don’t mention it to their manager.

I think that loss that ultimately contributed to us breaking the hoo doo probably did hurt them for a while however our 7 - 0 is larglely irrelevant due to the time passed as is their 5-1 due to our cup win.

Both sets of fans would like to think they hurt but I don't think they do.

cmcd
13-01-2020, 03:14 PM
100%.
Understood the pitch invasion but those on the pitch should’ve got the **** off a lot quicker than they did whilst more and more decided to pour in.
The lack of a lap of the pitch and a proper team photo on the pitch with the cup remains a disappointment for me and (I’d imagine) an awful lot of kids.
I feel the same

Since452
13-01-2020, 03:16 PM
The 5-1 game hurt until they financially crashed. There were mitigating circumstances around their cup win that put it in perspective. Their administration karma then us winning it, especially they way we did, wiped out any iota of pain I had about it. For me 0-7 is pretty much insegnificant to my generation. It's not something that ever comes up in conversation with my mates. A cherished memory for my old man though who still talks about it.

Diclonius
13-01-2020, 03:19 PM
I don't care one bit about 7-0 as it was well before my time. My lifetime has (aside from a brief period post-promotion in the 90s and now) been full of abject defeats to Hearts teams of varying quality.

All that matters to me is beating them consistently now and making up for the last few decades. One pumping almost half a century ago doesn't justify the performances against them since.

Sorry.

Waxy
13-01-2020, 03:29 PM
Hibs were the first Edinburgh club to win the Scottish cup in 1887.
We beat hearts 5-1 on the way.

Iggy Pope
13-01-2020, 06:48 PM
I don't care one bit about 7-0 as it was well before my time. My lifetime has (aside from a brief period post-promotion in the 90s and now) been full of abject defeats to Hearts teams of varying quality.

All that matters to me is beating them consistently now and making up for the last few decades. One pumping almost half a century ago doesn't justify the performances against them since.

Sorry.

Like it or not one or two important things bounced about before you popped up. You really should care.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-01-2020, 05:13 AM
You can do the whole hurt comparison thing
2016 pretty much washed away the hurt. And I guess for the jambos there will be moments similar - albeit likely doped-up

The thing that stands out for me is - out Scottish Cup victory was something almost all of them had never contemplated the annual joke in perpetuation.
So when it finally happened it was “on their watch” and very much so. It’s hard to imagine a more complete cup fairy tale but maybe that’s just bias. But what a story - it’s our story. And we were there. And in an unfortunate sense so were the Jambos - they’d be smugly anticipating the Rangers to dispatch us.

SkintHibby
15-01-2020, 05:45 AM
I was in Glasgow recently and seen a Hearts book about their greatest results so I had a look at it to see how much Hibs featured.
Near the end of the book is the 5-1 final and I found myself reading that chapter.

That's how much the 5-1 game bothers me.

Had to give my hands a good scrub afterwards mind you lol.

lyonhibs
15-01-2020, 06:01 AM
100%.

As soon as any meaningful pitch invasion took place, which was always going to happen, the Glasgow polis would have done the exact same in any case.

Back on topic, 5-1 hurt like a bitch at the time, how could it not, but honestly the League Cup final defeats to Livingston and Ross County left me feeling worse.

With the passage of time, the number of people on both sides who were actually there for 0-7 inevitably decreases. It's a fantastic memory and part of the club's history, but neither it nor 5-1 can be used as a serious point in a discussion about Edinburgh football in 2020 IMO.

Todi114
15-01-2020, 06:29 AM
Football is often described as a game of 2 halves
half time hearts lead 5-1
full time Hibs win 6-5
scottish cup win and finishing above them 3 seasons in a row gives Hibs a narrow victory

FilipinoHibs
15-01-2020, 07:21 AM
As soon as any meaningful pitch invasion took place, which was always going to happen, the Glasgow polis would have done the exact same in any case.

Back on topic, 5-1 hurt like a bitch at the time, how could it not, but honestly the League Cup final defeats to Livingston and Ross County left me feeling worse.

With the passage of time, the number of people on both sides who were actually there for 0-7 inevitably decreases. It's a fantastic memory and part of the club's history, but neither it nor 5-1 can be used as a serious point in a discussion about Edinburgh football in 2020 IMO.

Yes agree. While 5-1 reflects Hearts financial doping and atrocious refereeing. Hurt badly at the time but when ever it is brought up I always reply the era of cheating off the pitch is over and the likelihood of blatant cheating on the pitch again is remote. The cup win and how we did it and the domination in derbies over the last 5 years has taken all the pain away.

By the way I was at the 7-0. On the car radio on the way to the game it was announced the old firm game was off because of the weather. I said if we win 5 nil we go top on goal difference. Everybody turned round and looked at me as if I was crazy. I was 16 at the time.

Diclonius
15-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Like it or not one or two important things bounced about before you popped up. You really should care.

I recognise it as an important milestone in our history, but I don't accept the fact that up until recently (when we managed to get some semblance of a decent record against them), the "oh we got a big win over you 40 years ago" was trotted out as some sort of comfort blanket when they went however many games unbeaten against us. It's what we'll be saying about the 2012 final in a couple decades' time: half of the Hibs support won't have been at that game (as they weren't born), so it won't affect them as much, nor will it provide comfort to young Hearts fans if we rack up a string of victories against them.

We destroyed them in one game in 1973 and have subsequently won 20% of Edinburgh derbies in the last four decades. I don't see that as a fair trade.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 01:15 PM
I recognise it as an important milestone in our history, but I don't accept the fact that up until recently (when we managed to get some semblance of a decent record against them), the "oh we got a big win over you 40 years ago" was trotted out as some sort of comfort blanket when they went however many games unbeaten against us. It's what we'll be saying about the 2012 final in a couple decades' time: half of the Hibs support won't have been at that game (as they weren't born), so it won't affect them as much, nor will it provide comfort to young Hearts fans if we rack up a string of victories against them.

We destroyed them in one game in 1973 and have subsequently won 20% of Edinburgh derbies in the last four decades. I don't see that as a fair trade.

We’ve got a stand named after 5 dead men few still around seen playing. Traditions are important to every club and the 7 nil game is indelibly written in to that of both clubs. It doesn’t get ‘trotted out’ it was a history making big deal by one of our most celebrated sides ever packed with much loved players whose images decorate this site to this day. You kids, jeez. One cup win and you’re full of it.

Since452
15-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Jealous of the guys that were there for 7-0 like in 50 years time there will be folk jealous I was there for 21/5/16. Both are the stuff of legend and part of the history of our club but if I was to bring 7-0 up to a Jambo of my age or younger I'd rightly be laughed down

ABZHFC
15-01-2020, 01:45 PM
7-0 and our cup win defines them more than 5-1 defines us.

Also want to remind everyone that a poster on kickback admitted to crying after we won the cup.

I remember reading that one poster (tragically) lost their elderly mother on the morning of the cup final, and said that she'd be devastated at the idea of missing seeing Hibs bottle another final

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 01:45 PM
Jealous of the guys that were there for 7-0 like in 50 years time there will be folk jealous I was there for 21/5/16. Both are the stuff of legend and part of the history of our club but if I was to bring 7-0 up to a Jambo of my age or younger I'd rightly be laughed down

Don’t then.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 01:47 PM
I remember reading that one poster (tragically) lost their elderly mother on the morning of the cup final, and said that she'd be devastated at missing the idea of seeing Hibs bottle another final

It would be easy to get right down to their level on that one but I’ll resist it and retain the higher ground as we all should!

ABZHFC
15-01-2020, 01:50 PM
It would be easy to get right down to their level on that one but I’ll resist it and retain the higher ground as we all should!

Aye of course, there's nothing remotely funny about the guy losing his mother, it's just their hubris that made me laugh. Another poster putting £80 on Rangers winning 5-1 also comes to mind

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Aye of course, there's nothing remotely funny about the guy losing his mother, it's just their hubris that made me laugh. Another poster putting £80 on Rangers winning 5-1 also comes to mind

I’m not saying I’d didn’t make me smile.:wink:

G B Young
15-01-2020, 07:19 PM
I recall a thread about this some time back. The 7-0 game was definitely a landmark moment when it came to changing Hearts' mindset towards the derby. Gary Mackay and Dave Bowman (who were both young Hearts fans at the time) have both spoken about how they grew up in an era when Hibs seemed to beat Hearts pretty much every time they played them and that when Hearts finally came back up to the top flight in 1983 it definitely inspired them to change the yam mentality around the fixture.

In saying that, Hibs should have won the first game between the sides for four years. We were 1-0, then 2-1 up and in control at Tynecastle but let things slip and a young John Robertson scored at least one of the Hearts goals in a 3-2 win. In the next derby at ER we were also ahead (through Bobby Thomson IIRC) and looking comfortable before a speculative shot by Robbo took a massive deflection and got them a draw*. Those games set the tone for the fixture for a long time after that.

*Here's that deflection (which Archie McPherson somehow initially fails to spot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHArA4C1PfM

G B Young
15-01-2020, 07:29 PM

The 7-0 game was certainly sung about at derbies for a good long while after it happened. 'Seven, seven-nil...' (to the tune of 'Stendel, what's the score?') was belted out well into the 80s and probably a bit beyond, and 'We've played in South Morocco...greatest game in history etc' still gets an airing.

No question it's been muted by 5-1 but it shouldn't be dismissed as ancient history. Not only did we win 7-0 at the home of our city rivals, but we needed a six-goal win that day to go top of the league and duly went one better. It was a tremendous Hibee high point and should always be cherished and celebrated.

Pagan Hibernia
15-01-2020, 07:35 PM
I recall a thread about this some time back. The 7-0 game was definitely a landmark moment when it came to changing Hearts' mindset towards the derby. Gary Mackay and Dave Bowman (who were both young Hearts fans at the time) have both spoken about how they grew up in an era when Hibs seemed to beat Hearts pretty much every time they played them and that when Hearts finally came back up to the top flight in 1983 it definitely inspired them to change the yam mentality around the fixture.

In saying that, Hibs should have won the first game between the sides for four years. We were 1-0, then 2-1 up and in control at Tynecastle but let things slip and a young John Robertson scored at least one of the Hearts goals in a 3-2 win. In the next derby at ER we were also ahead (through Bobby Thomson IIRC) and looking comfortable before a speculative shot by Robbo took a massive deflection and got them a draw*. Those games set the tone for the fixture for a long time after that.

*Here's that deflection (which Archie McPherson somehow initially fails to spot):

those patterns are still continuing to this day. Look at the last two ER derbies. We were ahead in both, should have buried them in both. They somehow took 4 points from them. It’s absolutely infuriating

HoboHarry
15-01-2020, 08:22 PM
I often wondered how many baby Hibees were a legacy of the 0-7 and 6-2 games :greengrin. Must have been a fair bit of errrrr, celebrating on both nights.....

Haymaker
16-01-2020, 12:43 AM
I often wondered how many baby Hibees were a legacy of the 0-7 and 6-2 games :greengrin. Must have been a fair bit of errrrr, celebrating on both nights.....

And how many were born 9 months after a certain day in May 2016...

FilipinoHibs
16-01-2020, 01:08 AM
And how many were born 9 months after a certain day in May 2016...

Most male Hibs fans had brewers droop that night.

HoboHarry
16-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Most male Hibs fans had brewers droop that night.
Ferkin speak for yourself :greengrin

kaimendhibs
17-01-2020, 06:29 PM
I was over that 5-1 debacle pretty quickly. Travelled by train which despite attempts by police to have Hibs and Hearts fans on different trains it was all mixed - everyone just minding their own business and looking forward to the day in their own company with not a hint of trouble. Train back was all Hibs though after the previous couple of hours events and the walk down Leith Walk to Robbies was a depressing one with the traffic cones all in place in the event of a Hibs win. A few beers, a post-mortem then Champions League final, the mood became cheerier the songs started being sung. Had you walked by at 10.30 you might have been forgiven for thinking Hibs had won the Cup.
In the days after it I was surprised how little bothered I really was with it all, and was quickly dusted down and over it. Hibs winning the cup, and more so the late Tynecastle comeback to force a replay cut deep into every Hearts fan, and cut far deeper than their 5-1 did to any Hibs fan. Their wounds have still not healed, and won’t for a very long time.I was the same. Over it quickly. Hearts will.be in agony forever over 2016

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SideBurns
17-01-2020, 07:21 PM

I was at both those games in 1983; it was a poor Hibs team but we should still have won on both occasions. Even then, no-one thought it'd be years before we beat them again.

Going back to 7-0, my father had a theory that the bitterness from the Hearts support towards us increased from that day onwards. Although Hibs had been dominant in derbies for years, they were generally close affairs; the Jambos struggled with the sheer humiliation of 1.1.73.

To think it could've been worse for them tae...

Eyrie
17-01-2020, 07:27 PM
I was at both those games in 1983; it was a poor Hibs team but we should still have won on both occasions. Even then, no-one thought it'd be years before we beat them again.

Going back to 7-0, my father had a theory that the bitterness from the Hearts support towards us increased from that day onwards. Although Hibs had been dominant in derbies for years, they were generally close affairs; the Jambos struggled with the sheer humiliation of 1.1.73.

To think it could've been worse for them tae...

For those that were there, what went wrong in the second half? 5-0 up at half time.

jacomo
17-01-2020, 07:49 PM
I was the same. Over it quickly. Hearts will.be in agony forever over 2016

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Aren’t they due another absolute skelping? These big derby results are a bit strung out for my liking.

Especially if they do get relegated this season, it would be a shame not to give them a real hiding before they go.

:greengrin