PDA

View Full Version : On this day in 2016...

Col L
09-01-2020, 09:22 AM
We got a decent wee cup run underway at Stark's Park.

#GGTTH #ramyer1902

Power
09-01-2020, 09:49 AM
McGregor debut goal (and Hibernian’s 1000th goal in competition).

Malonga’s a peach tae.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6051

https://youtu.be/IdzTcoZFg8Q

Pretty Boy
09-01-2020, 10:08 AM
I remember all the chat was that Cummings was away pre match. I'm not sure anyone was believing he had flu. Debuts for Dagnall and Gunnarson.

Wasn't a pretty watch but what a journey it started.

Since452
09-01-2020, 10:11 AM
One of the few times I've not left Starks park feeling utterly depressed. Not many good memories of being there

Hibbyradge
09-01-2020, 10:29 AM
One of the few times I've not left Starks park feeling utterly depressed. Not many good memories of being there

Did we not get our first away win for about a million* games there about 20 years ago?

*It was less than a million games.

Just_Jimmy
09-01-2020, 10:29 AM
It was Baltic!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
09-01-2020, 11:58 AM
Worth watching just to see the number 18 in action for the cabbage again

danhibees1875
09-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Great start to a great campaign, and 2 lovely assists from Stevenson.

Potty78
09-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Class day, got the train up from the waverley and a good session in kirkcaldy. Back to the same pub after the game then phoned a minibus from peebles to pick us up to take us home as we were having a ball!

Stuart93
09-01-2020, 12:50 PM
It was Baltic!

Was just about to say this, can’t mind ever being as cold as that at a game

Col L
09-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Class day, got the train up from the waverley and a good session in kirkcaldy. Back to the same pub after the game then phoned a minibus from peebles to pick us up to take us home as we were having a ball!

Sounds similar to our day. The Raith fans in the boozer were very welcoming and good craic. Hazy memories of singing the Lewis Stevenson Christmas song as we happily staggered along for our late train.

erin go bragh
09-01-2020, 04:16 PM
We got a decent wee cup run underway at Stark's Park.

#GGTTH #ramyer1902
Was the start of something very very special. Remember Raith’s official twitter tweeting , the last two teams who knocked them out ,went on to win it and wishing us good luck.

FastEddieFelson
09-01-2020, 04:41 PM
The pub we were in pre match had water coming in through the ceiling. Ah the memories.

Onceinawhile
09-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Raith Rovers called it after the game as well IIRC. Said last two teams to beat them in the Scottish Cup had gone on to win it.

Some clowns ruined that sequence the year after.

Northernhibee
09-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Raith Rovers called it after the game as well IIRC. Said last two teams to beat them in the Scottish Cup had gone on to win it.

Some clowns ruined that sequence the year after.

It’s OK.

we are hibs
09-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Mr.Malonga's final game for hibs. 4 years ago. Jesus.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Mr.Malonga's final game for hibs. 4 years ago. Jesus.

It was his second last game, his final game was a week later away to Falkirk.

Still frightening that it was 4 years ago.

lord bunberry
09-01-2020, 11:00 PM
Other than the two goals my overriding memory of that day was it being absolutely freezing and a moment in the second half. I was in the stand along the side in the front row, there was a tackle made and the ball broke lose, a Raith player cleared it right at where I was sitting. The ball came at me at pace and I heroically ducked and fell of my seat the guy in the row behind me calmly caught it and threw it back onto the pitch. I couldn’t even look at him after it. I was praying it wouldn’t make the sportscene highlights.

1875godsgift
10-01-2020, 12:09 AM
Other than the two goals my overriding memory of that day was it being absolutely freezing and a moment in the second half. I was in the stand along the side in the front row, there was a tackle made and the ball broke lose, a Raith player cleared it right at where I was sitting. The ball came at me at pace and I heroically ducked and fell of my seat the guy in the row behind me calmly caught it and threw it back onto the pitch. I couldn’t even look at him after it. I was praying it wouldn’t make the sportscene highlights.

:greengrin

Your prayers were answered, it didn't.

However, it has had over 100,000 views on YouTube.

lord bunberry
10-01-2020, 12:45 AM
:greengrin

Your prayers were answered, it didn't.

However, it has had over 100,000 views on YouTube.
My 5 year old daughter was sitting next to me and my mrs in the seat next to her. My mrs said right after it that could’ve hit the wee one, but it was everyman for themselves in such precarious times :greengrin

Smartie
10-01-2020, 11:26 AM
I remember thinking that Dagnall had a really good game and that Gunnarson really didn’t.

Funny how it didn’t really work out for Dagnall. He scored a few in the English lower leagues after leaving us, you’d have thought he might have managed at least one in the Scottish Championship.

Northernhibee
10-01-2020, 12:55 PM
I remember thinking that Dagnall had a really good game and that Gunnarson really didn’t.

Funny how it didn’t really work out for Dagnall. He scored a few in the English lower leagues after leaving us, you’d have thought he might have managed at least one in the Scottish Championship.

He should have had one in the game where the pitch was covered in slow and slush but the ball stuck when he was at point blank range and fresh aired it.

The 90+2
10-01-2020, 12:59 PM
I genuinely thought we were going to lose when I got to the ground. How wrong was I? 😊

iwasthere1972
10-01-2020, 01:01 PM
It was Baltic!

Certainly was. It was a good day out. Travelled on Monkton's bus and had a very enjoyable few pints at a bowling club not far from the ground.

Col2
10-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Took my son to it as his first away game. He loved Malonga and what a goal the big man scored.

I remember the draw was on the Monday when I was at work and though, typical away at Hearts and another disaster awaits......

I didn’t go to the Tynie game but went to the harp and castle pub on leith walk and left at half time. Home for the equalizer and the rest is history. From that moment I honestly felt we had a real chance of winning it.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2020, 01:13 PM
One thing I do remember is how difficult at times it was to distinguish what team was what as their tops were very similar. Obviously different colours but they were both dark.

erin go bragh
11-01-2020, 11:55 AM
One thing I do remember is how difficult at times it was to distinguish what team was what as their tops were very similar. Obviously different colours but they were both dark.
That was the next league game we played at Starks park .
We played in our purple strip in this cup game ( Home top in the league one ,which looked much the same as Raiths home top )