PDA

View Full Version : Campbell and Stirling return from Arbroath loan

Unseen work
09-01-2020, 01:55 AM
https://twitter.com/arbroathfc/status/1215001454894825477?s=21

See both have returned from their loan, does anyone know how they got on?

Another loan likely or Ross to give them a chance?

Got to say I like the look of Stirling, big strong lad who is very comfy and composed on the ball. In a position we’re crying out for too.

Campbell got more of a chance pre season I think due to his work rate and pressing which Hecky liked.

offshorehibby
09-01-2020, 05:57 AM
I try to go through the various teams who have Hibs players on loan just to see if they got a game. Campbell & Stirling were getting games early doors but don't recall seeing them getting much games recently. Another one i've not seen getting much game time recently is Dabrowski, I'm assuming he's still at Cowdenbeath.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2020, 06:32 AM
I try to go through the various teams who have Hibs players on loan just to see if they got a game. Campbell & Stirling were getting games early doors but don't recall seeing them getting much games recently. Another one i've not seen getting much game time recently is Dabrowski, I'm assuming he's still at Cowdenbeath.

It’s pointless putting players out on loan if they then don’t get played .If they aren’t good enough to force their way into lower league teams and keep their place ,you have to assume they are unlikely to be being recalled to be given a chance in first team squad , so you would imagine another loan spell for both at a different Club
Hopefully Hammer when he returns from Raith will get game time for first team off the bench , to see how he has progressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500miles
09-01-2020, 09:15 AM
I think we pulled them back weeks ago.

Boyle89
09-01-2020, 09:51 AM
Theres a reason why they both weren't playing recently and it was nothing to do with them or their ability. DC didn't select them for a squad so hibs wanted them to play for the reserves that week and DC went in a huff about it.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2020, 10:00 AM
Theres a reason why they both weren't playing recently and it was nothing to do with them or their ability. DC didn't select them for a squad so hibs wanted them to play for the reserves that week and DC went in a huff about it.

Jeeze that’s not great from the Club that had them on Loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
09-01-2020, 10:28 AM

They're on development loans which means they play for our reserves and them, if they weren't happy with that then dont agree to sign them on Dev loans.

Diclonius
09-01-2020, 10:48 AM

That'll be the end of our loan arrangement with Arbroath then.

offshorehibby
09-01-2020, 11:11 AM

That's interesting to know as i've said i try to keep an eye on the loan players and hadn't noticed.

We used to get a good update a coupe of years back on how all our loan players were doing that seems to have stopped. I did mention it to KP about getting regular updates on the web sit again but nothing yet.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Including Challenge Cup games, Stirling has played 8 times for Arbroath, the last time being in early November. Campbell has featured 14 times, last time being early Dec.

Ben Stirling is 21, 22 in August. I don’t think he’s going to make it at Hibs.

Campbell is younger and he maybe has more of a chance.

Either way, I wouldn’t expect to see them in the 1st team squad anytime soon.

CMurdoch
09-01-2020, 07:44 PM

Dabrowski is injured

Power
09-01-2020, 07:54 PM
That's interesting to know as i've said i try to keep an eye on the loan players and hadn't noticed.

We used to get a good update a coupe of years back on how all our loan players were doing that seems to have stopped. I did mention it to KP about getting regular updates on the web sit again but nothing yet.

You indeed did.

I understand this is one the Communications team would love to keep up and get round to but resource is stretched. They’ll keep tapping in where they can.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Don't understand what the above reply really means. Is it not a simple matter to update fans about what our players on loan are up to?