PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea piss over 1/3 of a billion quid up the wall in a year. (NHC)

worcesterhibby
07-01-2020, 08:15 PM
BBC reporting that Abramovitch stuck £247 million into Chelsea last year and they still made a loss of £96million. Immoral amounts of money in the English game.

lord bunberry
07-01-2020, 08:24 PM
BBC reporting that Abramovitch stuck £247 million into Chelsea last year and they still made a loss of £96million. Immoral amounts of money in the English game.
Loose change for the mega rich. I’ve been saying for years that it can’t continue, yet it does.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 08:46 PM
They paid Conte and his team £27m for their dismissal, obscene money

Keith_M
08-01-2020, 06:30 AM

Imagine what you could do with that kind of money.

What a waste!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Games a bogey. In times of austerity this just undermines how de-based football has become.
Teachers, doctors, nurses, hospitals.
Is Abramovic not just loaning it to the club anyway.

Lendo
08-01-2020, 06:41 AM
It’s his personal wealth and sadly he’s free to spend it (or waste it) as he sees fit.

Since452
08-01-2020, 07:17 AM
I take little or no interest in the English game
in general anymore because of the ludicrous amounts of money involved. I can't relate to it or average players earning 100k per week covering their mouths when they talk etc when there is child poverty and food banks all over the place. I know the OP is about Abrmovich and he obviously has more money than sense but the whole thing down there is obsurd

scooby
08-01-2020, 07:38 AM
The money in English football is completely obscene. I was reading yesterday that Luke Shaw is on 190k per week, which is both outrageous and unjustified for a donkey.
When you think that nurses salaries start at around 22k per year, it's clear that the world has gone completely mad.
You and I are funding most of it by subscribing to BT, Sky and Amazon

Moody Blues
08-01-2020, 08:58 AM
in general anymore because of the ludicrous amounts of money involved. I can't relate to it or average players earning 100k per week covering their mouths when they talk etc when there is child poverty and food banks all over the place. I know the OP is about Abrmovich and he obviously has more money than sense but the whole thing down there is obsurd

Great Post. This sums it up in a nutshell.
Bunch of effin spoilt Prima Donnas.

Smartie
08-01-2020, 10:24 AM
It’s his personal wealth and sadly he’s free to spend it (or waste it) as he sees fit.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do have a bit of an issue with the idea of a "Russian oligarch" whose wealth is based upon the exploitation of a natural resource in a country where so many people live in poverty - much worse than here in the UK.

It's obscene that the human race appears to be so tolerant of this gross injustice but whilst it is easy to point the finger, how many of us on here would complain if someone chose to pump that amount of cash into Hibs?

H18S NX
08-01-2020, 12:14 PM
i'm not disagreeing with you, but i do have a bit of an issue with the idea of a "russian oligarch" whose wealth is based upon the exploitation of a natural resource in a country where so many people live in poverty - much worse than here in the uk.
Complain
it's obscene that the human race appears to be so tolerant of this gross injustice but whilst it is easy to point the finger, how many of us on here would if someone chose to pump that amount of cash into hibs?.....very true m8

jacomo
08-01-2020, 06:32 PM

He made his wealth by extorting it from others.

3pm
08-01-2020, 07:07 PM
They paid Conte and his team £27m for their dismissal, obscene money

Obscene when you made a Conte it.

Keith_M
08-01-2020, 07:22 PM
He made his wealth by extorting it from others.

He moved in the right circles, particularly friends of Boris Yeltsin. He managed to maneuver his way into Yeltsin's 'inner circle' during the carve up of the Soviet Union and even moved into a flat in the Kremlin.

Yeltsin decided to privatise the Soviet oil firm and managed to sell it to his inner circle of friends (including Abramovich) for a fraction of it's real value.

So an asset that should have been used to help the people of the Soviet Union ended up making a small group of connected people very rich.

MWHIBBIES
08-01-2020, 07:29 PM

You don't need to relate to it, it's pure entertainment. Just Watch it.

I can't relate to Frodo Baggins, I still think Lord of the Rings is tremendous.

Children in poverty is not at all related to football.

English football is mental, a total madness but it's definitely entertaining and dramatic.

EI255
08-01-2020, 08:57 PM
BBC reporting that Abramovitch stuck £247 million into Chelsea last year and they still made a loss of £96million. Immoral amounts of money in the English game.Glad they aren't my club and glad I don't like them. When was the last time they were decent anyway.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

heretoday
08-01-2020, 09:10 PM

English football is mental, a total madness but it's definitely entertaining and dramatic.

Best league in the world. Imagine only having the Scottish Prem to watch.

Since452
08-01-2020, 09:17 PM

Most one sided league in the world

where'stheslope
11-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Scottish football could be booming with the VAT returns of that amount of money?????
To think that some clubs down there have debt, SCARY or what!!!!

Speedway
11-01-2020, 01:12 PM
History of human behaviour since dawn of time to present day:

‘I want ‘it’ and you need to **** off’

I’m at a loss to understand why we ever think that it should or will ever be any different.

Why do you think that the only time Labour get to govern is when they do a better job of being tories than tories do.

Money and power is much more important than human welfare to people with money and power.

Football is no different.

‘‘Twas ever thus.

basehibby
13-01-2020, 11:05 AM

The kind of politics that creates oligarchs like Abravomich is 100% related to child poverty - but that's a discussion for the Holy Ground.

Northernhibee
13-01-2020, 11:31 AM

I bloody love Scottish football. Is it the best quality? Of course not. But think of some of the games we've had in recent years, the last two wins at Tynie, the 2-2 game there, the 5-5 game, the 4-3 game against Falkirk at Hampden, THAT cup final - it doesn't matter if the quality isn't that great, it provides drama, controversy and some great games, much more so than games like Burnley vs Newcastle would.