PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ADDITIONAL DUNDEE UNITED TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY!

RSS Bot
07-01-2020, 06:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10492)

Hibee Mac
08-01-2020, 08:01 PM
"Please note, this match allows for one ticket per client reference number for a maximum of six per transaction"

I'm confused, does that mean with my season ticket I can only buy a single ticket now or have I read that wrong?

Jones28
08-01-2020, 08:05 PM
"Please note, this match allows for one ticket per client reference number for a maximum of six per transaction"

I'm confused, does that mean with my season ticket I can only buy a single ticket now or have I read that wrong?

You need a reference number for every ticket you buy, and you’re limited to six per single transaction.

Carheenlea
08-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Just the one with each client reference up to a maximum of 6 for a single transaction.

Hibee Mac
08-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Cheers folks!

Sir David Gray
08-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Pity the wheelchair section has been moved pitchside behind the corner flag between the stand behind the goal and the stand the rest of our fans have been given for this game.

It used to be there about 10 years ago and was practically impossible to get into the stadium due to the slope being so steep. More recently the wheelchair section was at the back of the stand behind the goal. Still horrendous to get in there but a much better view. Once in the stadium, the view is almost non-existent due to the police, stewards, camera people and substitutes all standing in front of this area.

Managed to finally get through today after trying since Monday, only to be told that the 4 wheelchair spaces were now gone and we may be getting further wheelchair tickets in the next batch that we're due to receive but if we do they will be situated in the home end - an unacceptable and farcical position in 2020.

Can't wait for them to return to the Premiership next season, utter joke of a stadium.

Smartie
08-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Pity the wheelchair section has been moved pitchside behind the corner flag between the stand behind the goal and the stand the rest of our fans have been given for this game.

It used to be there about 10 years ago and was practically impossible to get into the stadium due to the slope being so steep. More recently the wheelchair section was at the back of the stand behind the goal. Still horrendous to get in there but a much better view. Once in the stadium, the view is almost non-existent due to the police, stewards, camera people and substitutes all standing in front of this area.

Managed to finally get through today after trying since Monday, only to be told that the 4 wheelchair spaces were now gone and we may be getting further wheelchair tickets in the next batch that we're due to receive but if we do they will be situated in the home end - an unacceptable and farcical position in 2020.

Can't wait for them to return to the Premiership next season, utter joke of a stadium.

That’s an absolute disgrace in this day and age.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2020, 10:41 PM
That’s an absolute disgrace in this day and age.

I wrote to Stephen Thompson several years ago to complain about the wheelchair access and viewing areas within Tannadice and got a reply back saying that they considered their disabled facilities to be "more than adequate".

What chance do you have when that's the response from the club chairman?

Utter disgrace in this day and age. For those folk in wheelchairs who are going, I sincerely hope it's not icy on the day of the game as the slope you need to negotiate (assuming it's not changed at all) in order to enter and exit the stadium will be extremely dangerous.

Chorley Hibee
09-01-2020, 05:12 AM
Why have season ticket holders not been allocated first dibs on all these tickets for Dundee Utd, and why are they allowing 6 per transaction too?

I can see there being a lot of pissed off season ticket holders without tickets, whilst many non-season ticket holders will be there.

danhibees1875
09-01-2020, 06:23 AM
Why have season ticket holders not been allocated first dibs on all these tickets for Dundee Utd, and why are they allowing 6 per transaction too?

I can see there being a lot of pissed off season ticket holders without tickets, whilst many non-season ticket holders will be there.

I think anyone who wants a ticket will get one. They've given us quite a lot extra.

Carheenlea
09-01-2020, 09:01 AM
I wrote to Stephen Thompson several years ago to complain about the wheelchair access and viewing areas within Tannadice and got a reply back saying that they considered their disabled facilities to be "more than adequate".

What chance do you have when that's the response from the club chairman?

Utter disgrace in this day and age. For those folk in wheelchairs who are going, I sincerely hope it's not icy on the day of the game as the slope you need to negotiate (assuming it's not changed at all) in order to enter and exit the stadium will be extremely dangerous.

You’ve been critical of the disabled facilities for a number of years, and it looks like nothing has been done in response.

Is there a cross-club group or organisation where those who require wheelchair facilities can share views with other fans on how good or bad certain clubs are when it comes to providing acceptable provision for disabled supporter areas? If fans from other clubs were all in agreement that certain grounds fell short then as a group there should be quite a strong voice there to put pressure on clubs to get their facilities up to scratch?

I’ve seen some awful looking areas such as Hamilton and Motherwell which don’t offer much of a view. Kilmarnock’s doesn’t look great either. A lot of clubs do seem to be falling well short of acceptable facilities.

Since452
09-01-2020, 09:04 AM
I work a stone throw from Tanadice. Tempted to nip over and get a ticket in their end to avoid the hassle

Hibbyradge
09-01-2020, 09:13 AM
I work a stone throw from Tanadice. Tempted to nip over and get a ticket in their end to avoid the hassle

What hassle? :confused:

Chuck Rhoades
09-01-2020, 09:19 AM

What hassle? Log in online, order and have it posted to your home address. Takes about 90seconds and you don’t need to go anywhere.

Since452
09-01-2020, 09:20 AM
What hassle? :confused:

Sounds like Mondays attempt was shambolic

Since452
09-01-2020, 09:21 AM
What hassle? Log in online, order and have it posted to your home address. Takes about 90seconds and you don’t need to go anywhere.

Going by what people were saying on Monday

Hibbyradge
09-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Going by what people were saying on Monday

Being put on hold or waiting for a website to load for a few minutes is not hassle.

This is hassle.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyy0TRBT/3341878738.jpg

Billy Whizz
09-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Being put on hold or waiting for a website to load for a few minutes is not hassle.

This is hassle.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyy0TRBT/3341878738.jpg

What cup game was this?

Hibbyradge
09-01-2020, 09:55 AM
What cup game was this?

It was another final which saw Anthony Stokes win man of the match.

The 2013 cup final.

But that's how we always had to queue to buy tickets for big games.

Sometimes people started queuing many hours before the tickets went on sale. Folk had to take time off work and some folk used to operate relay systems with people coming into the queue as substitutes so their mate could get a piss or a cup of coffee.

Or was that for Bay City Rollers tickets? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2020, 10:29 AM
It was another final which saw Anthony Stokes win man of the match.

The 2013 cup final.

But that's how we always had to queue to buy tickets for big games.

Sometimes people started queuing many hours before the tickets went on sale. Folk had to take time off work and some folk used to operate relay systems with people coming into the queue as substitutes so their mate could get a piss or a cup of coffee.

Or was that for Bay City Rollers tickets? :wink:

First time i remember waiting in queues like that was early 70s, we'd actually queue overnight for Wembley tickets for the Scotland v England games.

We'd get there around 9pm and wait overnight until they opened the ticket office at 10am if my memory is correct?

Someone would bring a ball, and we'd play football through the night in between trying to sleep in our sleeping blankets, and eat through a mountain of sandwiches and flasks of tea, the older ones had cans and bottles. :greengrin

The youngsters of today have it easy. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
09-01-2020, 10:35 AM
First time i remember waiting in queues like that was early 70s, we'd actually queue overnight for Wembley tickets for the Scotland v England games.

We'd get there around 9pm and wait overnight until they opened the ticket office at 10am if my memory is correct?

Someone would bring a ball, and we'd play football through the night in between trying to sleep in our sleeping blankets, and eat through a mountain of sandwiches and flasks of tea, the older ones had cans and bottles. :greengrin

The youngsters of today have it easy.

I remember queuing on several occasions for many hours, but I never did an overnighter.

Too much hassle. :wink:

PS I've removed your last smiley. People do have it easy nowadays. That's a good thing, but it's amusing to read people raging about the horrendous shambles they had to endure because they had to sit in a nice warm house/office waiting for someone to answer the phone.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2020, 12:39 PM
You’ve been critical of the disabled facilities for a number of years, and it looks like nothing has been done in response.

Is there a cross-club group or organisation where those who require wheelchair facilities can share views with other fans on how good or bad certain clubs are when it comes to providing acceptable provision for disabled supporter areas? If fans from other clubs were all in agreement that certain grounds fell short then as a group there should be quite a strong voice there to put pressure on clubs to get their facilities up to scratch?

I’ve seen some awful looking areas such as Hamilton and Motherwell which don’t offer much of a view. Kilmarnock’s doesn’t look great either. A lot of clubs do seem to be falling well short of acceptable facilities.

The wheelchair viewing areas at the vast majority of venues within Scottish football vary from below adequate to an utter disgrace - Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd being amongst the worst.

There is an organisation that exists and I actually met one of the people who headed it up a few years ago to discuss various issues but nothing has changed at all at certain grounds since then.

Keith_M
09-01-2020, 01:03 PM
The wheelchair viewing areas at the vast majority of venues within Scottish football vary from below adequate to an utter disgrace - Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd being amongst the worst.

There is an organisation that exists and I actually met one of the people who headed it up a few years ago to discuss various issues but nothing has changed at all at certain grounds since then.

How's Easter Road?

cabbageandribs1875
09-01-2020, 01:19 PM

take your time, there's plenty left in the home stands

SteveHFC
09-01-2020, 02:01 PM

The youngsters of today have it easy. :greengrin

I queued up from 11pm the night before until midday to get tickets for the derby cup game at Tynecastle in 2017. :aok:

Hermit Crab
09-01-2020, 02:38 PM
I remember doing several overnighters/early starts for Tynecastle tickets during the Mowbray era.

Since452
09-01-2020, 02:56 PM
take your time, there's plenty left in the home stands

Yup. If I can't get one tomorrow it's an option

Sir David Gray
09-01-2020, 06:20 PM
How's Easter Road?

Where I sit in the East stand is brilliant, it's raised up about 4 rows from the front and the rows in front are low down enough that even if the people in those rows stand up, you can still easily see what's happening. There's also no possibility of people walking in front of you.

However that's probably not the opinion of everyone as I believe there's a wheelchair section at the very front of the Famous Five stand which must have an awful view and the same in the South stand for away fans. I believe there's still a few spaces in the top tier of the South stand set aside for wheelchairs which would be good. The similar section in the Famous Five stand was taken away when the NHS hub started a couple of years ago and that's now used by the Since 1875 group.

From my own point of view though, I can't really complain.

In terms of the other grounds in the Premiership, I would give them the following out of 10;

Aberdeen - 4/10 - Not a great view although there's no-one walking in front of you. Can't get to any food or drink kiosk on your own. Slightly better that it's at the side stand as opposed to behind the goal.

Celtic - 3/10 - Not a stadium I usually go to in fact only been once and I believe there have been improvements made to the wheelchair viewing area since then so the score would probably be higher now.

Hamilton - 4/10 - Terrible view, pitchside behind the goal, can't see what's happening up the other end of the pitch. People walk in front of you too. Although you do have access to food and drink on your own.

Hearts - 7/10 - One of the better ones. Raised up about 12 or so rows from the front. However people constantly walk past the wheelchair section and often actually stand in front of you at the barrier. Access available to food and drink on your own.

Kilmarnock - 2/10 - Awful view, made even worse now that one of the shelters has no roof after the infamous visit of Rangers at the start of the season. No access available to any food or drink on your own.

Livingston - 5/10 - Not a great view at pitchside and often have people walking in front of you. There is access to food and drink on your own though.

Motherwell - 2/10 - See Kilmarnock - just awful.

Rangers - 8/10 - Very good view, raised up near the back of the away section, sitting with the rest of the support although people do stand in front of you but police and stewards tend to be proactive in moving them on. Access available to food and drink although may not manage back to your seat with it as there's a ramp to go up.

Ross County - 3/10 - Poor view at pitchside behind the goal. I don't believe there's access to food or drink on your own.

St Johnstone - 8/10 - Very good view, no-one in front of you and raised up. Access available for food and drink.

St Mirren - 4/10 - Poor view at pitchside, can't see the other end of the pitch. There is access to food and drink on your own.

As you can see, there's not many I'd give pass marks to.

Since452
09-01-2020, 06:43 PM
Where I sit in the East stand is brilliant, it's raised up about 4 rows from the front and the rows in front are low down enough that even if the people in those rows stand up, you can still easily see what's happening. There's also no possibility of people walking in front of you.

However that's probably not the opinion of everyone as I believe there's a wheelchair section at the very front of the Famous Five stand which must have an awful view and the same in the South stand for away fans. I believe there's still a few spaces in the top tier of the South stand set aside for wheelchairs which would be good. The similar section in the Famous Five stand was taken away when the NHS hub started a couple of years ago and that's now used by the Since 1875 group.

From my own point of view though, I can't really complain.

In terms of the other grounds in the Premiership, I would give them the following out of 10;

Aberdeen - 4/10 - Not a great view although there's no-one walking in front of you. Can't get to any food or drink kiosk on your own. Slightly better that it's at the side stand as opposed to behind the goal.

Celtic - 3/10 - Not a stadium I usually go to in fact only been once and I believe there have been improvements made to the wheelchair viewing area since then so the score would probably be higher now.

Hamilton - 4/10 - Terrible view, pitchside behind the goal, can't see what's happening up the other end of the pitch. People walk in front of you too. Although you do have access to food and drink on your own.

Hearts - 7/10 - One of the better ones. Raised up about 12 or so rows from the front. However people constantly walk past the wheelchair section and often actually stand in front of you at the barrier. Access available to food and drink on your own.

Kilmarnock - 2/10 - Awful view, made even worse now that one of the shelters has no roof after the infamous visit of Rangers at the start of the season. No access available to any food or drink on your own.

Livingston - 5/10 - Not a great view at pitchside and often have people walking in front of you. There is access to food and drink on your own though.

Motherwell - 2/10 - See Kilmarnock - just awful.

Rangers - 8/10 - Very good view, raised up near the back of the away section, sitting with the rest of the support although people do stand in front of you but police and stewards tend to be proactive in moving them on. Access available to food and drink although may not manage back to your seat with it as there's a ramp to go up.

Ross County - 3/10 - Poor view at pitchside behind the goal. I don't believe there's access to food or drink on your own.

St Johnstone - 8/10 - Very good view, no-one in front of you and raised up. Access available for food and drink.

St Mirren - 4/10 - Poor view at pitchside, can't see the other end of the pitch. There is access to food and drink on your own.

As you can see, there's not many I'd give pass marks to.

Very interesting and informative post 👍

weecounty hibby
10-01-2020, 10:57 AM
I am logged in and ready to go. Not showing in the page yet. 😵

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2020, 11:06 AM

I'm with you. Sounds like an opportunity to finally return to the sanity of the 80's when football was football and start throwing a few punches at those mugs, hoping to precipitate a full on riot, which will bring terror to the streets of Jute City and spark off copycat incidents worldwide...

Not really. Just saw it as a chance to have another one of those enthralling 'away fans in the home stands' discussions.

Ryan91
10-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Seems like I've got tickets but as usual it's a guessing game as they've appeared in the account as being purchased but not got any confirmation

weecounty hibby
10-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Success!! Right Hibs dinnae lest us down!!

OstKurve Hibs
10-01-2020, 11:11 AM
I'm trying to get 3 tickets, one for each season booked we have and gettin told theres not enough in the block.

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Remember, block D is the closest to the other tickets Hibs have sold, and also by the halfway line. Block B is by the corner flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
10-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Remember, block D is the closest to the other tickets Hibs have sold, and also by the halfway line. Block B is by the corner flag

The tunnel is at that corner so Block B will be ideal for the boo-boys in the event of a walk of shame by players and management at full time.

Carheenlea
10-01-2020, 11:19 AM
I'm trying to get 3 tickets, one for each season booked we have and gettin told theres not enough in the block.

There are three blocks to choose from?

Daniel 1875
10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Anyone else having difficulty getting tickets? Had 4 tickets in my basket for 4 season ticket holders about 3 times and says ‘Unfortunately you are attempting to purchase more tickets for a match than you are allowed to’ every time.

Carheenlea
10-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Anyone else having difficulty getting tickets? Had 4 tickets in my basket for 4 season ticket holders about 3 times and says ‘Unfortunately you are attempting to purchase more tickets for a match than you are allowed to’ every time.

Have you allocated every seat to each individual client ref? There is also adult ST and non ST so might need to make sure the correct box is ticked?

Daniel 1875
10-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Have you allocated every seat to each individual client ref? There is also adult ST and non ST so might need to make sure the correct box is ticked?

I’ve checked account history and looks like they’ve gone through despite being kicked out and shown an error message. Fingers crossed it’s gone through anyway!

Leithenhibby
10-01-2020, 11:28 AM
I've just been informed I'm a Bot......wtf...:greengrin

Carheenlea
10-01-2020, 11:29 AM
I’ve checked account history and looks like they’ve gone through despite being kicked out and shown an error message. Fingers crossed it’s gone through anyway!

If it’s in your account history then all should be good.

j'adorehibs
10-01-2020, 11:31 AM
got mine, no email as of yet but that will come

OstKurve Hibs
10-01-2020, 11:32 AM

I got same msg m8, told me I'd timed out and the basket was emptied, but the moneys been taken from my account and they're in my hibs e ticket purchase history.

Could only get row a block B, anyone mind if row A there is raised up or pitch level ?

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2020, 11:34 AM
I got same msg m8, told me I'd timed out and the basket was emptied, but the moneys been taken from my account and they're in my hibs e ticket purchase history.

Could only get row a block B, anyone mind if row A there is raised up or pitch level ?

Raised up with tunnel underneath

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200110/bf88c6d2cf57ff52b8752c759ab32e58.jpg

OstKurve Hibs
10-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Raised up with tunnel underneath

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200110/bf88c6d2cf57ff52b8752c759ab32e58.jpg

Nice one, not to keen on sitting pitch level at games,

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2020, 12:20 PM
I keep getting a something went wrong error message when trying 2 seats together?? Anyone else??

Albanian Hibs
10-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Got my 2. Wasnt sure which section was which so selected C.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Four secured - cannot wait :flag:

Hibee Mac
10-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Got my 2. Wasnt sure which section was which so selected C.

Likewise! I went down the middle just in case haha

Keith_M
10-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Just tried and got an "Unexpected Error Occurred" message at the Payment Confirmation stage.

I now don't know if I have a ticket or if I've paid for one.

So much for the fantastic new ticketing system

:rolleyes:

EDIT: It worked the second time.... so I may or may not have two tickets.

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Just tried and got an "Unexpected Error Occurred" message at the Payment Confirmation stage.

Check your order history

Keith_M
10-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Check your order history

Will do, cheers

:aok:

JimboHibs
10-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Nice one, not to keen on sitting pitch level at games,

Btw what grounds do you sit at pitch level ? I dont like being front row,times i have done St Johnstone springs to mind it was still above pitch level.

OstKurve Hibs
10-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Btw what grounds do you sit at pitch level ? I dont like being front row,times i have done St Johnstone springs to mind it was still above pitch level.

Most stadiums are pitch level in the front row

H18 SFR
10-01-2020, 03:00 PM
My ticket has arrived today. It is marked as restricted view. Didn't realise or I would have selected a different section.

Jay
10-01-2020, 03:06 PM
My ticket has arrived today. It is marked as restricted view. Didn't realise or I would have selected a different section.

Mine says the same.

Billy Whizz
10-01-2020, 03:10 PM

A lot of the seats are restricted view, as you can’t see t he bottom right corner flag

H18 SFR
10-01-2020, 03:15 PM
A lot of the seats are restricted view, as you can’t see t he bottom right corner flag

Must have missed that when I read the news page.

ian cruise
10-01-2020, 03:55 PM

If you have two I'll take one off your hands. Not purchased one yet.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2020, 04:12 PM
I keep getting a something went wrong error message when trying 2 seats together?? Anyone else??

Loads left, just tried and you can get 6 together no problem.

green&left
10-01-2020, 04:28 PM

Must be glitching. I couldn't get 4 together at half 12 this afternoon so opted for 2 and 2 which worked fine. Unless they're selling block by block?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Must be glitching. I couldn't get 4 together at half 12 this afternoon so opted for 2 and 2 which worked fine. Unless they're selling block by block?

6 together in block B when I tried. You can select blocks B, C or D in the upper. The lower section sold out in the initial sale earlier this week

Valencia
10-01-2020, 07:05 PM
After several attempts got 2 together but was charged non season price and did not want to loose them so paid up. emailed ticket office and got reply less than an hour later with conformation that a refund was being processed. Could have been something I did wrong or poor ticketing system but thanks to ticket office for prompt action

Keith_M
10-01-2020, 07:19 PM
If you have two I'll take one off your hands. Not purchased one yet.

I've checked with the club and they said I've only purchased one

But thanks, though.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2020, 11:31 PM
After several attempts got 2 together but was charged non season price and did not want to loose them so paid up. emailed ticket office and got reply less than an hour later with conformation that a refund was being processed. Could have been something I did wrong or poor ticketing system but thanks to ticket office for prompt action

All you had to to do was scroll to the bottom and select adult STH £20, select the number of tickets and assign them accordingly.

monktonharp
10-01-2020, 11:39 PM
so, not sold out as of yet?

Hermit Crab
11-01-2020, 12:43 AM
so, not sold out as of yet?

Nut, loads left. Still a week to go mind you.

RoxburghHibs
11-01-2020, 01:56 AM

How do you know this? My spin is there is some left but we’ve sold loads

Hermit Crab
11-01-2020, 05:59 AM
How do you know this? My spin is there is some left but we’ve sold loads

Because you can buy as many as you want online, especially in section B

RoxburghHibs
11-01-2020, 07:35 AM

So all that proves is there might be a few hundred left - assuming you haven’t gone online requesting hundreds of seats.

Why the negative spin on ticket sales?

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2020, 07:40 AM
So all that proves is there might be a few hundred left - assuming you haven’t gone online requesting hundreds of seats.

I’ll defend him. It’s not really a negative spin. We’d already sold 1400. Even if we sold 1000 yesterday (which means we’d sold a brilliant 2400) there would still be 800 left which is a good amount.

We’ll probably have sold 3000 by kick off, which is awesome for a Sunday game on the tv.

RoxburghHibs
11-01-2020, 07:42 AM
I’ll defend him. It’s not really a negative spin. We’d already sold 1400. Even if we sold 1000 yesterday (which means we’d sold a brilliant 2400) there would still be 800 left which is a good amount.

We’ll probably have sold 3000 by kick off, which is awesome for a Sunday game on the tv.

Now that is a positive look at the situation 👍🏼

Hermit Crab
11-01-2020, 07:58 AM

Not a negative spin.

hibbysam
11-01-2020, 08:05 AM

Just tried and you can’t buy anymore than 1 per section (ie there isn’t 2 seats together anywhere as far as I can see).

Itsnoteasy
11-01-2020, 08:34 AM

Was it not after a Hibs/United game that they started printing restricted view tickets. I'm sure someone on here took Utd to trading standards over this. I also think there was a complaint about wheelchair access for same game.

Daniel 1875
11-01-2020, 08:39 AM
Can’t appear to buy 2 together in B, C or D now.

Steven79
11-01-2020, 09:34 AM
Can’t appear to buy 2 together in B, C or D now.

I've got two together if anybody wants them.

Orourke73
11-01-2020, 09:48 AM
I've got two together if anybody wants them.

I'll take them if still available

Keith_M
11-01-2020, 10:33 AM

:agree:

I think we'll practically sell out the 3,200(?) by then, which is pretty good going for a side having a pretty average season.

RIP
12-01-2020, 07:43 AM
I bought 2 together at noon yesterday. We have 2 STs but couldn’t buy for my non ST son so he will miss out. He moved from Edinburgh to Dundee to study law and we reckoned he would miss too many matches to make an ST worthwhile

DH1875
12-01-2020, 07:59 AM
I bought 2 together at noon yesterday. We have 2 STs but couldn’t buy for my non ST son so he will miss out. He moved from Edinburgh to Dundee to study law and we reckoned he would miss too many matches to make an ST worthwhile

Why couldn't you buy him one?

Hibee Mac
12-01-2020, 08:11 AM

Because you can only buy one ticket per client reference number (which I think means one ticket per ST)

EDIT: See hibbyradge's post below.

Hibbyradge
12-01-2020, 08:13 AM
Because you can only buy one ticket per client reference number (which I think means one ticket per ST)

Everyone who has ever bought a ticket has a client reference number.

It's nothing to do with season tickets.

Hibee Mac
12-01-2020, 08:14 AM
Everyone who has ever bought a ticket has a client reference number.

It's nothing to do with season tickets.

That makes more sense, cheers 👍

Since452
12-01-2020, 08:22 AM
Got mine but couldn't get 3 together

DH1875
12-01-2020, 10:11 AM

EDIT: See hibbyradge's post below.

That makes more sense, cheers 👍

Not to me it doesn't. You don't need a season ticket, you only need a client ref number, which I presume he will have if he's been to a game before.

stantonsboots
12-01-2020, 10:17 AM
Are we not getting any seats behind the goals?

Sir David Gray
12-01-2020, 10:29 AM

Nope.

Hibbyradge
12-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Not to me it doesn't. You don't need a season ticket, you only need a client ref number, which I presume he will have if he's been to a game before.

Why doesn't it make sense.

That's exactly what I said! :hilarious

Keith_M
12-01-2020, 10:57 AM

That's exactly what the guy wrote.

:confused:

FilipinoHibs
12-01-2020, 10:59 AM

You do love a bit of bickering on match ticket thread.

Keith_M
12-01-2020, 11:09 AM

United have released tickets for a single section in the West Stand to home fans, directly behind the goals (the black square on the left). The sections either side of it aren't for sale.

stantonsboots
12-01-2020, 11:52 AM
United have released tickets for a single section in the West Stand to home fans, directly behind the goals (the black square on the left). The sections either side of it aren't for sale.

I'm in the Gerry Kerr block B, where's that?

Hibbyradge
12-01-2020, 11:56 AM

Right next to block A.

Thank me later. :greengrin

stantonsboots
12-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Right next to block A.

Thank me later. :greengrin
is C on the other side?:greengrin

Hermit Crab
12-01-2020, 01:07 PM

Diagonally facing the pitch in the corner, above the players tunnel.

Keith_M
12-01-2020, 01:13 PM

The bottom right corner of the image I posted. I think Block A is the one nearest the United Fans.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2020, 01:16 PM
Sales have picked one Friday, looks like its single tickets only online.

hibbysam
12-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Sales have picked one Friday, looks like its single tickets only online.

You could only get single seats on Friday night also, it’s not really changed since then.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2020, 01:56 PM

You could only get single seats on Friday night also, it’s not really changed since then.

That was 10 past 5 on Friday evening.

hibbysam
12-01-2020, 02:03 PM
That was 10 past 5 on Friday evening.

Couldn’t get 5 together on Friday afternoon, couldn’t get 2 together on Friday night.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2020, 02:46 PM
Looking at the Dundee Utd sales for this game it seems a clear example of why Scottish football doesn't help itself with it's image problem.

We are going to have a sizeavle travelling support of close to 3000 and because of where the TV cameras are positoned no one will see them. What they will see is a swathe of empty seats behind one set of goals, a face on view of a stand that looks like it will be about half empty and a stand behind the goals which is looking like being at least 2/3s empty. Stick the Hibs fans in the shed and you alter that image entirely.

It probably doesn't really matter and I understand having your own fans, if they are noisy, behind the goals is worth at least a 2 goal start in the eyes of some on here. It just seems a bit daft to present the idea that a stadium is half empty, which it will be, when you could make it look far busier than it actually is.

Hibby Bairn
12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
Looking at the Dundee Utd sales for this game it seems a clear example of why Scottish football doesn't help itself with it's image problem.

We are going to have a sizeavle travelling support of close to 3000 and because of where the TV cameras are positoned no one will see them. What they will see is a swathe of empty seats behind one set of goals, a face on view of a stand that looks like it will be about half empty and a stand behind the goals which is looking like being at least 2/3s empty. Stick the Hibs fans in the shed and you alter that image entirely.

It probably doesn't really matter and I understand having your own fans, if they are noisy, behind the goals is worth at least a 2 goal start in the eyes of some on here. It just seems a bit daft to present the idea that a stadium is half empty, which it will be, when you could make it look far busier than it actually is.

Barry Hearn made pretty much all these points when he was invited to speak to an SFA/SPFL symposium about “our game”. He spoke about product, how to sell it better to broadcasters etc. Used darts as an example. 3 years on nothing changed.

Keith_M
12-01-2020, 03:20 PM

Yep, it might have been a better idea to sell away tickets for the Jerry Kerr* and West stands.

I think a lot of people would have chosen to sit behind the goals.

EDIT: I think I got the name wrong, and its actually called The Jim Maclean Stand

LaMotta
12-01-2020, 04:21 PM

Barry Hearn made pretty much all these points when he was invited to speak to an SFA/SPFL symposium about “our game”. He spoke about product, how to sell it better to broadcasters etc. Used darts as an example. 3 years on nothing changed.

:agree::agree:

And Hibs are guilty too with the famous five lower tier empty seats every week.

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2020, 04:24 PM

That’s different as those are sold seats. But I agree we need to sort this somehow!

Keith_M
12-01-2020, 04:39 PM

I don't think that's quite the same situation, as that section is on sale every home game and there are roughly 1,600 season ticket holders there.

I'm not saying it looks great on TV, I just don't think there's a simple solution to all the sold-but-empty seats.

RIP
12-01-2020, 05:30 PM

It allowed the 2 season ticket holders in our group to buy tickets.

But not for my nonST son.

I tried 2 different ways.
1. As part of a group of 3 allocating each ticket then going to purchase. Error message said buying more than allowed.
2. Buying for the 2 STs first. That worked. However when I tried to buy a single ticket the error message said the he didn’t have the correct privileges

Fraser has been an ST since 2010. He only dropped out this season after moving North

Hibbyradge
12-01-2020, 05:48 PM

1. As part of a group of 3 allocating each ticket then going to purchase. Error message said buying more than allowed.
2. Buying for the 2 STs first. That worked. However when I tried to buy a single ticket the error message said the he didn’t have the correct privileges

Fraser has been an ST since 2010. He only dropped out this season after moving North

Surely he's got a client reference number?

LaMotta
12-01-2020, 05:59 PM
That’s different as those are sold seats. But I agree we need to sort this somehow!

I don't think that's quite the same situation, as that section is on sale every home game and there are roughly 1,600 season ticket holders there.

I'm not saying it looks great on TV, I just don't think there's a simple solution to all the sold-but-empty seats.

Agreed not quite the same scenario but defo an issue.

hibbysam
12-01-2020, 06:44 PM

We’re you definitely trying to buy one non-STH ticket at the higher price, and not 3 STH tickets with only 2 season tickets? Easy mistake to make and I know it allowed us to buy a ticket using a non-STH reference number.

JimBHibees
12-01-2020, 07:05 PM

Maybe because United hoped their fans would sell behind the goals. Surely United will sell a fair few this eeek given their winning form.

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2020, 07:14 PM
i pity any dundee united dot counters :greengrin it be quicker to count who's going instead

DH1875
13-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Why doesn't it make sense.

That's exactly what I said! :hilarious

:confused: I'm not talking about what Hibbyradge said. The guy not being able to buy the ticket isn't making sense as surely his soon has a ref number :confused:

007 Mickey Weir
13-01-2020, 12:21 PM

Really weird to do that. Surely wait until home end is nearly sold out before opening up that to either.

Keith_M
13-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Agreed not quite the same scenario but defo an issue.

Since452
13-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Wonder how close we are to selling out the 3200

Billy Whizz
13-01-2020, 05:05 PM
Original date - Sunday 19 January, 3pm – Tannadice Park
If game is postponed - Tuesday 28 January, 7.45pm – Tannadice Park
Replay Date - Tuesday 28 January, 7.45pm – Easter Road

Not much wriggle room before next round if game was postponed and had to go to a replay
Weather much better though later in the week

Keith_M
13-01-2020, 05:15 PM
:confused: I'm not talking about what Hibbyradge said. The guy not being able to buy the ticket isn't making sense as surely his soon has a ref number :confused:

OK, fair enough

It seemed like you were disagreeing with Hibbyradge, hence the confusion.

stantonsboots
14-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Sold out :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Superb effort from the fans

Keith_M
14-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Sold out :greengrin

Maybe they should have opened the West Stand to away fans after all

H18 SFR
14-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Maybe they should have opened the West Stand to away fans after all

Looks like it. This really is a superb effort from the fans.

Keith_M
14-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Looks like it. This really is a superb effort from the fans.

:agree:

Stuart93
14-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Right where is he??? He knows I’m meaning him...he who said we’d not sell out 😉

Superb from the fans let’s hope the team can repay the support

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Great job. Now come on Hibs.

Since452
14-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Hibs away from home in Scottsh Cup = gigantic away support

H18 SFR
14-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Right where is he??? He knows I’m meaning him...he who said we’d not sell out 😉

Superb from the fans let’s hope the team can repay the support

😂😂😂😂

Since452
14-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Wonder if we'll get any more. Strange they only opened one section of the shed for their own fans

JeMeSouviens
14-01-2020, 04:41 PM

Otoh, the Shed is behind the goal with pillars. The main stand and new bit (fair play stand?) are much better places to actually watch the game. I'd rather clubs looked after the fans that are actually there first and worried about the telly later.

hibbysam
14-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Otoh, the Shed is behind the goal with pillars. The main stand and new bit (fair play stand?) are much better places to actually watch the game. I'd rather clubs looked after the fans that are actually there first and worried about the telly later.

Unless the main stand has changed, the upper part has zero leg room, even less than the main stand at Easter road and that’s impressive. The shed is a far better place to be, comfort and atmosphere wise. Won’t make a difference to me but I’d sooner rather be in the shed than in the main stand.

Keith_M
14-01-2020, 04:43 PM

OK, so two tickets just arrived in the post (in two different envelopes) and I just checked online and found I was actually charged for two transactions.

Looks like I was right to be suspicious about the online failure.

DarrenSQH
14-01-2020, 04:45 PM
With uniteds ticket sales looking so poor they really should have gave us behind the goals

Billy Whizz
14-01-2020, 04:51 PM
With uniteds ticket sales looking so poor they really should have gave us behind the goals

Think they are at it, poor show by them taking the shed

cabbageandribs1875
14-01-2020, 05:03 PM
still hunners and thoosands available in hone stands

Zambernardi1875
14-01-2020, 05:19 PM
with no row or seat number on the tickets it should be fun trying to find our tinky wee wooden seats

Wheat Hound
14-01-2020, 05:31 PM
with no row or seat number on the tickets it should be fun trying to find our tinky wee wooden seats

I did notice that. Sounds like a recipe for chaos

bigwheel
14-01-2020, 05:37 PM
I did notice that. Sounds like a recipe for chaos

I’ve got row and seat number on mine. In the fair Play Upper section

PatHead
14-01-2020, 06:25 PM
Think they are at it, poor show by them taking the shed

Not having a go at you Billy but it is funny how folk criticised St Johnstone for selling 3 stands to the Old Firm but we moan that we don't have more. 😁

Billy Whizz
14-01-2020, 06:31 PM
Not having a go at you Billy but it is funny how folk criticised St Johnstone for selling 3 stands to the Old Firm but we moan that we don't have more. 😁

Think my point was, they didn’t need to put United fans in the Shed, plenty of tickets available in their other 2 ends
Think United as the home team, didn’t want more Hibees at Tannadice on Sunday, than United fans

As an aside I’ve no issue with what St Johnstone are doing, their call

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2020, 06:33 PM
Hibees here

Hibees there

Hibees every.......where! :greengrin

:scarf::scarf:

Keith_M
14-01-2020, 06:42 PM

There are row and seat numbers on the tickets, but it's not that obvious.

Have a look for the line that says "Adult Gate Admission" (or similar), and it's on the line below

Should be something like JKD-F-15, where 'D' is the section, 'F' is the row number and '15' is the seat number

PatHead
14-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Think my point was, they didn’t need to put United fans in the Shed, plenty of tickets available in their other 2 ends
Think United as the home team, didn’t want more Hibees at Tannadice on Sunday, than United fans

As an aside I’ve no issue with what St Johnstone are doing, their call

Didn't think that you did have a problem with Saints but yours was the nearest post.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Didn't think that you did have a problem with Saints but yours was the nearest post.

Are you having a family catch up at Tannadice on Sunday

JeMeSouviens
14-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Unless the main stand has changed, the upper part has zero leg room, even less than the main stand at Easter road and that’s impressive. The shed is a far better place to be, comfort and atmosphere wise. Won’t make a difference to me but I’d sooner rather be in the shed than in the main stand.

Fair point on leg room. Maybe fair play and shed would’ve worked as a combo.

PatHead
14-01-2020, 06:54 PM
Are you having a family catch up at Tannadice on Sunday

Hibbies only. The Arabs rarely go just now. Diplomatically staying away for the time being.

ian cruise
15-01-2020, 09:12 AM
OK, so two tickets just arrived in the post (in two different envelopes) and I just checked online and found I was actually charged for two transactions.

Looks like I was right to be suspicious about the online failure.

Still happy to take one of the tickets off your hands if you have a spare.

Earlydelivery
15-01-2020, 10:02 AM
Guy on Utd forum saying they’ve only sold 4700 absolute crazy that they’re selling middle section of the shed to their own fans .. should have segregated it and gave us 1 section .

Carheenlea
15-01-2020, 11:23 AM
Guy on Utd forum saying they’ve only sold 4700 absolute crazy that they’re selling middle section of the shed to their own fans .. should have segregated it and gave us 1 section .

I find that baffling. A side that’s flying in the league and looking almost guaranteed to be back in SPFL next term, which with it brings a feel good factor, and an attractive home Scottish Cup tie that they surely must fancy their chances in.
If they can’t sell tickets for this then maybe they’re as well staying down in the lower leagues.

NthCarolinaHibs
15-01-2020, 11:44 AM
They're being charged an extra £2 per ticket,if bought on the day of the game.. absolute pi$$ take,that...

Del Boy
15-01-2020, 12:02 PM
I find that baffling. A side that’s flying in the league and looking almost guaranteed to be back in SPFL next term, which with it brings a feel good factor, and an attractive home Scottish Cup tie that they surely must fancy their chances in.
If they can’t sell tickets for this then maybe they’re as well staying down in the lower leagues.

Very poor sales, they had 11000 home fans at the recent derby so thought they’d sell more

lord bunberry
15-01-2020, 12:32 PM
They should’ve given us at least part of the shed, the fact they didn’t and are selling tickets on the day will undoubtedly lead to hibs fans paying into that area.

Keith_M
15-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Still happy to take one of the tickets off your hands if you have a spare.

Sure, if we can arrange a time/place to meet up

Are you going up on the train?

Keith_M
15-01-2020, 12:36 PM

Surely it's not too late for them to change their minds and just swap any tickets people have already bought in the West Stand for a seat somewhere else.

I realise nobody can force them and they're perfectly entitled to do what they want, but it would make sense on a financial basis, among other things.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2020, 12:41 PM
They should’ve given us at least part of the shed, the fact they didn’t and are selling tickets on the day will undoubtedly lead to hibs fans paying into that area.

Can it be segregated

Keith_M
15-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Can it be segregated

There's turnstyles on both Tannadice Street (south side) and Sandeman St (north side), so it's theoretically possible, but the problem is they've sold tickets for the middle section.

LaMotta
15-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Can it be segregated

Haven't ever seen it segregated before so think unlikely it would happen.

Jones28
15-01-2020, 01:13 PM
The main losers are united, so **** them. There’ll be 3000 Hibees there roaring the team on while their fans can pick 4 seats each and have a wee lie down.

It’s a shame for our supporters that wanted to go though.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2020, 01:20 PM
The main losers are united, so **** them. There’ll be 3000 Hibees there roaring the team on while their fans can pick 4 seats each and have a wee lie down.

It will cost Hibs financially as well

Sir David Gray
15-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Pretty sure gate money from Scottish Cup ties is split equally. It certainly used to be.

Onceinawhile
15-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Pretty sure gate money from Scottish Cup ties is split equally. It certainly used to be.

I think the home team get a slightly larger split to help cover costs - maybe 60%/40%.

But aye, it's definitely not great for us that we're being done out of cash.

Jones28
15-01-2020, 05:07 PM
It will cost Hibs financially as well

It will, that’s why I said united are the main losers.

We will lose on some earnings yes, but having a good backing up there is worth it if they can out-sing a pish home support.

ian cruise
15-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Sure, if we can arrange a time/place to meet up

Are you going up on the train?

I'm actually in Aberdeen that this weekend so will be coming down but if want to pm me we can arrange both meet up and whatever way is best to get cash to you.

Bryson
15-01-2020, 06:12 PM
All hibs tickets sold out? Trying to buy online now but can’t see to find the match

Bobby's Cinema
15-01-2020, 06:14 PM
How many would we have sold for the same fixture at ER?
About the same % of our regular turnout as Utd have I reckon. Just as they would have brought a large travelling support to us.

Seems an utterly pointless decision they have taken here though.

oneone73
15-01-2020, 06:50 PM
All hibs tickets sold out? Trying to buy online now but can’t see to find the match

Yep, Hibs tweeted Sold Out yesterday.