PDA

View Full Version : Who is in Spain

jingler1954
07-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have a list of the squad in Estapona. Are there any trialists and were any of the squad left behind?

Vault Boy
07-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan left behind for injury treatment. Gullan with the senior squad. No trialists.

Cataplana
07-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan left behind for injury treatment. Gullan with the senior squad. No trilaists.

Late decision on Mallan I understand. He didn't fancy tackling breakfast at the airport Witherspoon's, so was sent home .

jingler1954
07-01-2020, 02:41 PM
Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan left behind for injury treatment. Gullan with the senior squad. No trilaists.
Thanks for that.

SquashedFrogg
07-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Late decision on Mallan I understand. He didn't fancy tackling breakfast at the airport Witherspoon's, so was sent home .

Hilarious.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan left behind for injury treatment. Gullan with the senior squad. No trialists.

Ben Stirling and Paddy Martin in the photos as well

J-C
07-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Ben Stirling and Paddy Martin in the photos as well

I like Stirling, can play CH or DM, we need to start figuring out what we are doing with some of these 20 year old lads. Either they're going to get a chance or let them go to find a club that will suit them like we did with Stanton etc.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 03:03 PM
I like Stirling, can play CH or DM, we need to start figuring out what we are doing with some of these 20 year old lads. Either they're going to get a chance or let them go to find a club that will suit them like we did with Stanton etc.

I think his best position JC is right back

ericd7
07-01-2020, 03:48 PM

Same with half of the senior team at the moment it feels like.

we are hibs
07-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Who was number 31 in one of the photos hibs put up.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Who was number 31 in one of the photos hibs put up.

Paddy Martin

B.H.F.C
07-01-2020, 05:46 PM

Most of them are never going to get near the first team. Stirling, as an example, is 22 this year. I really don’t see the point in us keeping boys like that around. Maybe the contracts they are getting are too long in the first place.

J-C
07-01-2020, 06:02 PM

I knew he was very versatile, which can sometimes be a hindrance but he played DM in a couple of pre season/Betfred games and seemed to do ok.

greenlex
07-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Most of them are never going to get near the first team. Stirling, as an example, is 22 this year. I really don’t see the point in us keeping boys like that around. Maybe the contracts they are getting are too long in the first place.

The flip side to that is a shorter contract and they break through near the end walking away for little gain to the club. They are on sweeties for wages so it’s not a huge gamble giving them longer contracts. If they break through earlier in their contracts they get longer more lucrative ones and can be sold for decent money should the need arise.,

greenlex
07-01-2020, 06:12 PM
I knew he was very versatile, which can sometimes be a hindrance but he played DM in a couple of pre season/Betfred games and seemed to do ok.

I’m sure he came on in midfield against thePars pre season and was very good.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 06:13 PM

He did, and he can play holding midfielder and centre half, but personally I think his best position is right back
Just my opinion greenlex/JC

greenlex
07-01-2020, 06:20 PM

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 06:25 PM

Played so well greenlex, you’ve posted it twice😀

greenlex
07-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Played so well greenlex, you’ve posted it twice😀

😂😂 Dunno what’s going on there. I blame the weather.

Smartie
07-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Did Vela not play RB for Bolton a good few times too?

We’re not far off being able to field a team of players who can play RB/ have played RB in the past.

Gray
Naismith
Whittaker
James
McGregor
Vela
Stevenson
Stirling
Block
Boyle (WB, but almost counts)

Anyone else?

nobodyinparticu
07-01-2020, 06:36 PM

We’re not far off being able to field a team of players who can play RB/ have played RB in the past.

Gray
Naismith
Whittaker
James
McGregor
Vela
Stevenson
Stirling
Block

Anyone else?Looks promising for young Tommy Block then in the future

Eyrie
07-01-2020, 07:18 PM

Gray
Naismith
Whittaker
James
McGregor
Vela
Stevenson
Stirling
Block

Anyone else?
Pretty sure that Hanlon played RB in one game as an emergency. It was a few years ago now and I can't remember who it was against, but I think the game was on the TV.

brog
07-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Pretty sure that Hanlon played RB in one game as an emergency. It was a few years ago now and I can't remember who it was against, but I think the game was on the TV.

I remember a game away at Q of S I think when our whole back 4 was left footed.it was Booth, Hanlon, Fontaine & Stevenson. Think Calum played RB though.

1van Sprou7e
09-01-2020, 10:34 AM

Did he not play there in a derby once? Think we lost 3-1 at home

Since452
09-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Glad to see from Hibs Instagram that they're putting the work in. Double sessions