PDA

View Full Version : SPFL teams wages compared

Unseen work
07-01-2020, 12:55 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/revealed-hearts-and-hibs-wage-bills-and-how-they-compare-scottish-premiership-rivals-1356203

Interesting reading especially when you consider where each team is in the league. Shows how big a factor recruitment, organisation and team spirit is to doing well, wages don’t guarantee a top spot.

Hearts and Aberdeen still pay quite a bit more than us too

Mixu62
07-01-2020, 01:14 AM
Would be interesting to see how many players it's based on, i.e. get an average per player. Haven't hearts still got a huge squad?

seanshow
07-01-2020, 01:30 AM
Any English Preier club fans reading that article could be mistaken for thinking,
those weekly wages are not too bad? how come the jocks footie is sh** lol

where'stheslope
07-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Would be interesting to see how many players it's based on, i.e. get an average per player. Haven't hearts still got a huge squad?
I would imagine its based on all players, if it was on just a few it would be highest earners at a club???
We would need to look at the players wage bill of each club and divide it by the number of players at the club.

ancient hibee
07-01-2020, 11:21 AM
The figures are a load of rubbish-certainly as far as Hibs are concerned as we don't publish a figure for players wages which means the one in the News is made up.

Rugy07
07-01-2020, 11:41 AM
This is the same as the Scotsman published back in February with updated figures. The thing that jumps out to me is how much The Rangers have increased their average. It's gone up by almost £200,000 or 40%. That's a lot across the entire first team squad. Livi have jumped a fair bit too, but I suppose second season back that makes sense.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885?page=3

The Harp Awakes
07-01-2020, 12:13 PM

What the figures don't show is the total wage bill per club. With Hearts massive squad their total wage bill will be significantly higher than Aberdeen or Hibs.

Add in that they are marooned at the bottom of the league and it shows how badly run they have been by budgie and potter.

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2020, 01:53 PM
its impossible to tell how the clubs compare unless you know how many players the average amount cover at each club .. for example at Hibs it could be 20 players, but at Hearts 30.

One thing isn't open to debate. The massive disparity, the yawning chasm between Celtic and everybody else apart from the The Rangers. Is it any wonder they win everything .... You could have a manager who is a cross between Alex Ferguson, Jurgen Klopp and Jim McLean and he still wouldn't have any chance of winning the league in this day and age.

Folk wet their knickers over Leicester winning the EPL and called it a sporting miracle. For anybody outside of the Huns to win the Scottish premiership would take a genuine miracle with proper honest to goodness divine intervention from the almighty himself if you ask me. Unfortunately and much as we would like to think otherwise the man upstairs probably isn't a Hibby.

ancient hibee
07-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Obviously the OF wages will be more than the total of the other Scottish clubs.These comparisons of the other clubs tend to annoy me as like I said in an earlier post the figures are rubbish.For example the only figure we publish is a total of £4.7million which covers 65 players and management plus 35 commercial and admin.In other words the figure for players is guesswork.

Aim Here
07-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Obviously the OF wages will be more than the total of the other Scottish clubs.These comparisons of the other clubs tend to annoy me as like I said in an earlier post the figures are rubbish.For example the only figure we publish is a total of £4.7million which covers 65 players and management plus 35 commercial and admin.In other words the figure for players is guesswork.

The GSSS explains their methodology; they actually talk to numerous sources - agents, players, player unions, and compile it on a person-by-person basis. It might not be entirely guesswork, but obviously it's never going to be 100% reliable.

ancient hibee
07-01-2020, 02:38 PM
The GSSS explains their methodology; they actually talk to numerous sources - agents, players, player unions, and compile it on a person-by-person basis. It might not be entirely guesswork, but obviously it's never going to be 100% reliable.
A fairy tale you mean:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Would be surprised in any are actual fact.

hibs#1
07-01-2020, 04:56 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/revealed-hearts-and-hibs-wage-bills-and-how-they-compare-scottish-premiership-rivals-1356203

Interesting reading especially when you consider where each team is in the league. Shows how big a factor recruitment, organisation and team spirit is to doing well, wages don’t guarantee a top spot.

Hearts and Aberdeen still pay quite a bit more than us too

Link doesn't work for me.

Allant1981
07-01-2020, 06:00 PM
The wages they have stated wont be a million miles off though, it just highlights why players up here out with the OF will go to england in a heartbeat