PDA

View Full Version : Multi-season tickets

Hibbyradge
06-01-2020, 09:30 PM
I wonder if there's any scope for Hibs to offer multi-season membership or debentures. I think they did something like that in the past.

With the current rate of inflation so low, I think it's only 1.8%, there would be little financial risk and if it was invested well, it could make a profit for the club.

There must be a good number of supporters who would be able to invest say £2000 for the right to sit in the same seat for 5 seasons, or some other deal.

It's just an idea the top of my head, and I'm not 100% certain what the benefits to the club would be, but I'd be interested in others thoughts.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2020, 09:34 PM
I wonder if there's any scope for Hibs to offer multi-season membership or debentures. I think they did something like that in the past.

With the current rate of inflation so low, I think it's only 1.8%, there would be little financial risk and if it was invested well, it could make a profit for the club.

There must be a good number of supporters who would be able to invest say £2000 for the right to sit in the same seat for 5 seasons, or some other deal.

It's just an idea the top of my head, and I'm not 100% certain what the benefits to the club would be, but I'd be interested in others thoughts.

I would certainly be interested in something like this, a guaranteed fixed price for say 5 seasons would definitely appeal with the added benefit of Hibs being able to use the upfront cash on the playing squad.

Kaff
06-01-2020, 09:55 PM
I know it's different suggestion but I think it's not entirely removed from the situation Leeds and Rangers found themselves in by mortgaging season tickets.
I like that we spend what we're earning through the gate on that season or very close to it, 5 yrs ahead wouldn't be right to me tbh

Ronniekirk
06-01-2020, 10:03 PM
I would be up for that but not sure the Club benefits as the years roll on So fine for year one would worry what happens by year four and five in terms of new income for the Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
06-01-2020, 10:12 PM
We did offer this before. My dad took it out. Think it was for three years IIRC.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Sorry, I didn't explain my, albeit embryonic, idea.

I wouldn't expect Hibs to spend 5 year's worth of season tickets straight away. I was thinking of it more as an investment opportunity for the club.

If 1000 supporters paid £2000 that would give the club £2m. If that was invested, even in a low risk portfolio, it shouldn't be too much to expect a 5% return from it, yielding £100000 p.a. profit or £0.5m over 5 years.

Obviously it would have to be properly secured so there was no repeat of Duff/Gray horror.

I don't know if there are any other clubs who invest outside the football operation, but I'd be surprised if there weren't feasible opportunities. :dunno:

Whether the club, and the fans, would have the stomach for it is another matter.

hibbybob
07-01-2020, 10:08 AM
I had a five year season ticket in the early 80’s. IIRC you paid £40 up front (the cost of a season ticket back then) and a further £120 over the next year. So, you were paying for 4 years and getting 5.
I’m sure we were in danger of relegation at the time so perhaps it was done to finance our escape.

Kojock
07-01-2020, 11:37 AM
We did offer this before. My dad took it out. Think it was for three years IIRC.

I had a three year one as well. Think it was about 10-11 years ago.