PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET UPDATE | DUNDEE UNITED INITIAL ALLOCATION A SELL-OUT!

RSS Bot
06-01-2020, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10489)

Diclonius
06-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Wow, well done everyone!

Vault Boy
06-01-2020, 03:43 PM
👏 The team will do well with that backing

Keith_M
06-01-2020, 04:07 PM
Only 1,400 initial tickets?

Whoever decided that amount obviously has no idea how many Hibs supporters there are, or the level of interest for this game.

I hope they don't release more in dribs and drabs, and just give us an extra 3k or so and let us see how many we can sell.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2020, 04:18 PM
We have a historically big away support in the cups.

No away game last season.
Sold out at Tynecastle in 17/18
Sold out v Bonnyrigg, should out v Hearts, 18K v Aberdeen at Hampden in 16/17
Sould out v Raith, sold out V Hearts, 1500 midweek to Inverness and 15K to Hampden in 15/16
1700 v Alloa and 16K to Hampden in 14/15
1200 to Dingwall in 13/14
Sold out v Killie, 16K to Hampden in 12/13

There's a pattern there. 1400 tickets was never going to be enough for a game like this. Not even close.

Carheenlea
06-01-2020, 04:40 PM
1400 is more or less what we take as an average travelling support. We are entitled to a far larger allocation than that for Cup ties unless the rules have changed, but that was never going to satisfy demand for a cup tie where we traditionally swell that support from run of the mill league fixtures.
Missed out on this one so will be trying a second time for second wave. Surely be at least a similar sized allocation again.

Billy Whizz
06-01-2020, 04:44 PM
1400 is more or less what we take as an average travelling support. We are entitled to a far larger allocation than that for Cup ties unless the rules have changed, but that was never going to satisfy demand for a cup tie where we traditionally swell that support from run of the mill league fixtures.
Missed out on this one so will be trying a second time for second wave. Surely be at least a similar sized allocation again.
You’ll be fine Carheenlea, and so you should be, being a loyal supporter
I’m sure we’ll get at least another 2,000 or so min, excluding the Shed, which isn’t on sale to anyone yet

Carheenlea
06-01-2020, 05:20 PM
You’ll be fine Carheenlea, and so you should be, being a loyal supporter
I’m sure we’ll get at least another 2,000 or so min, excluding the Shed, which isn’t on sale to anyone yet

Not overly concerned at this stage as I’m quite hopeful of a next phase with a decent allocation, and after the initial rush and without the away ST’s which ate into that 1400, should get tickets no bother. I don’t know if comps are taken out that allocation as well, which wouldn’t really leave a huge amount available for sale today, but I think the club could easily say exactly how many will be available to buy rather than simply saying 1400 have been sold, as quite clearly 1400 were not available to buy earlier on.

Billy Whizz
06-01-2020, 05:23 PM
Not overly concerned at this stage as I’quite hopeful of a next phase with a decent allocation, and after the initial rush and without the away ST’s which ate into that 1400, should get tickets no bother. I don’t know if comps are taken out that allocation as well, which wouldn’t really leave a huge amount available for sale today, but I think the club could easily say exactly how many will be available to buy rather than simply saying 1400 have been sold, as quite clearly 1400 were not available to buy earlier on.
As I said on the other thread, the United Fans forum says they’ve only tickets available in 2 stands. So shed is not on sale. Also must be another 2000 or so still to be put on sale in the main stand

Can’t believe we allowed up to 6 tickets per transaction

keith
06-01-2020, 06:23 PM
I spent ages today on the webpage trying to buy tickets, from 12pm and then 2pm and consistently got the 'sorry no tickets available' message. I see this post about the sell out and check one last time, out of curiosity, and manage to get 1 ticket available and into my shopping basket!!!

Fair Play Upper F5, seat E87

I dont want a single seat so about to release if from my basket if anyone wanting a single seat wants to give it a try

weecounty hibby
06-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Decided that me and the boy would go to this along with a mate so said I'd get tickets. I was in all day meetings today so left my bosses PA with my bank card and STs for reference numbers. Couldn't get a ticket at all and now will have to wait for the next batch to be released. I'm not one to criticize the club normally but what a ****ing shambles. 1400 tickets? We have approx 400 AST holders, then comps and that probably leaves 900 tickets for sale. You sometimes wonder if they actually understand the Hibs support at times. We should have taken the entire allocation up front this was always going to be a minimum of 2500 to 3000 traveling fans. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that a planned day out will still happen.

Jones28
06-01-2020, 07:10 PM
Decided that me and the boy would go to this along with a mate so said I'd get tickets. I was in all day meetings today so left my bosses PA with my bank card and STs for reference numbers. Couldn't get a ticket at all and now will have to wait for the next batch to be released. I'm not one to criticize the club normally but what a ****ing shambles. 1400 tickets? We have approx 400 AST holders, then comps and that probably leaves 900 tickets for sale. You sometimes wonder if they actually understand the Hibs support at times. We should have taken the entire allocation up front this was always going to be a minimum of 2500 to 3000 traveling fans. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that a planned day out will still happen.

It could of course be based on what United want and the tickets they want to make available to their own fans?

weecounty hibby
06-01-2020, 07:14 PM
It could of course be based on what United want and the tickets they want to make available to their own fans?
Nope. Scottish cup tie. Away team is entitled to 20% of the capacity of the stadium where segregation allows. Hibs could have asked for 2800 based in capacity of 14000.

greenlex
06-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Nope. Scottish cup tie. Away team is entitled to 20% of the capacity of the stadium where segregation allows. Hibs could have asked for 2800 based in capacity of 14000.

It made perfect sense to do the ticketing this way. If we didn’t sell our initial allocation D Utd would utilise the stand behind the goals for there own fans. They would probably sell that easily as they are flying but been starved of top football barring the Derby against Dundee.
Hibs will probably get the whole stand now due to segregation so the selling of the initial batch in the way we have is also spot on. Win/ win for both clubs no matter how our sales went.

weecounty hibby
06-01-2020, 07:34 PM
It made perfect sense to do the ticketing this way. If we didn’t sell our initial allocation D Utd would utilise the stand behind the goals for there own fans. They would probably sell that easily as they are flying but been starved of top football this season barring the Derby against Dundee.
Hibs will probably get the whole stand now due to segregation so the selling of the initial batch in the way we have is also spot on.
I disagree. What about the folk who have to now go through the hassle of trying to get online or on the phone in the middle of a working day again. Ask for the max amount and sell them in one go. Utd wouldn't sell 12500 for this game.