PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United tickets fee charged for collect from stadium

dangermouse
06-01-2020, 01:08 PM
£1.50 to COLLECT from the stadium. WTF is that all about :grr:

EDIT:
Just noticed this on the website

Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction will apply to online orders (excluding mobile or print at home)

Aim Here
06-01-2020, 01:12 PM

We've been warned about this for a while. Apparently Hibs are collecting an admin surcharge for handling tickets, either home or away. At least with home tickets, there's the chance to avoid it with the 'print at home' option, but obviously that's not the case for away ones.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487

Liam978
06-01-2020, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Aim Here;6036977]We've been warned about this for a while. Apparently Hibs are collecting an admin surcharge for handling tickets, either home or away. At least with home tickets, there's the chance to avoid it with the 'print at home' option, but obviously that's not the case for away ones.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487[
According to this, it should still be free of a handling charge if you purchase direct from the ticket office . No ?

Steven79
06-01-2020, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Aim Here;6036977]We've been warned about this for a while. Apparently Hibs are collecting an admin surcharge for handling tickets, either home or away. At least with home tickets, there's the chance to avoid it with the 'print at home' option, but obviously that's not the case for away ones.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487[
According to this, it should still be free of a handling charge if you purchase direct from the ticket office . No ?

They are purchasing online so the fee applies.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2020, 01:39 PM
£1.50 per transaction is fine with me. For the 2 tickets I bought that's an extra 75p each. Had it been per ticket I might have had a bit more of a moan.

wookie70
06-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Is it free if you buy when at the TO. If I'm going down may as well save £1.50 and buy and collect at the same time

Aim Here
06-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Is it free if you buy when at the TO. If I'm going down may as well save £1.50 and buy and collect at the same time

Yes. Buying in person seems to evade the charges.

Iggy Pope
06-01-2020, 02:21 PM
£1.50 per transaction is fine with me. For the 2 tickets I bought that's an extra 75p each. Had it been per ticket I might have had a bit more of a moan.

It’s 1.50 booking fee per ticket AND a £1.50 collection fee.
Picking up 4 tickets on one transaction is invoicing me an extra £7.50. (Purchased via the call centre as they weren’t online).

Pretty Boy
06-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Picking up 4 tickets on one transaction is invoicing me an extra £7.50.

That's odd, I was only charged £41.50 in total for 2 tickets.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2020, 02:38 PM

EDIT:
Just noticed this on the website

Ran Garden making sensible business decisions is what that sucker is about. You goddamn Skatch don’t like it then sell your mutha****n piss ant club to some goddamn Ay-Rab’s and lemee see how that works out for you ass swipes

Steven79
06-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Picking up 4 tickets on one transaction is invoicing me an extra £7.50. (Purchased via the call centre as they weren’t online).Not online as it was £2.50 for a booking fee and postage for two tickets.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
06-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Not online as it was £2.50 for a booking fee and postage for two tickets.

They weren’t online as it was a **** up and that’s why I called them instead. I don’t see the difference in online or telesales and I’ve taken it up with the TO. 1.50 BF per ticket isn’t on.

Iggy Pope
06-01-2020, 02:45 PM
That's odd, I was only charged £41.50 in total for 2 tickets.

I’ve asked for a quick chat with them when I collect to explain.
Here’s the confirmation with the names removed....

Tickets Purchased

Member Area Row Seat Class Face Value
Dundee United v Hibernian · Sunday, 19 January 2020 (15:00)
F5 I 88 SENIOR STH £10.00
F5 I 89 ADULT STH £20.00
F5 I 90 ADULT STH £20.00
F5 I 91 ADULT STH £20.00
Subtotal face value £70.00
Total face value £70.00
Collection from Hibernian £1.50
Booking Charge £6.00
No Donation (VMCall) £0.00
Total Amount Paid £77.50

Steven79
06-01-2020, 03:02 PM
I’ve asked for a quick chat with them when I collect to explain.
Here’s the confirmation with the names removed....

Tickets Purchased

MemberAreaRowSeatClassFace Value
Dundee United v Hibernian · Sunday, 19 January 2020 (15:00)
F5I88SENIOR STH£10.00
F5I89ADULT STH£20.00
F5I90ADULT STH£20.00
F5I91ADULT STH£20.00
Subtotal face value£70.00
Total face value£70.00
Collection from Hibernian£1.50
Booking Charge£6.00
No Donation (VMCall)£0.00
Total Amount Paid£77.50New year but same old shambles when t comes to buying away tickets.

Hopefully you get it sorted.

BILLYHIBS
06-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Three choices:

1) Go down TO pay cash and pick up my ticket

2) Get oot ma scratcher oan the Sunday switch on BBC Scotland watch the match

3) Go down the pub

No brainer really

SChibs
06-01-2020, 03:18 PM
This would have bothered me before but I live right next to Easter Road now so will just e popping into the TO from now on

Beefster
06-01-2020, 07:54 PM
They weren’t online as it was a **** up and that’s why I called them instead. I don’t see the difference in online or telesales and I’ve taken it up with the TO. 1.50 BF per ticket isn’t on.

I’m not saying the charges are right but online doesn’t need a paid employee involved in the actual sale. Telesales does. Greater cost per telephone sale.

where'stheslope
07-01-2020, 10:56 AM
If you go to the ticket office and pay cash the club has to then take all monies raised to the bank which costs time and security!

If you buy on line and pay by credit card then collect the ticket at the office, it is a computer transaction and should be free?

The same applies to printing your own ticket, its a computer transaction so should be free?

It seems to be just another way to disguise hiking ticket prices!!!!

Kojock
07-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Yes. Buying in person seems to evade the charges.

Problem there is that away tickets for the Hear7s Huns and Tic are not available to purchase in person from the TO.

Iggy Pope
07-01-2020, 02:06 PM
New year but same old shambles when t comes to buying away tickets.

Hopefully you get it sorted.

Got a nice call back from the TO today so that’s a positive. Seems there is a £1.50 per ticket fee when buying over the phone. (Over the phone being the only way you could get one at the designated time yesterday....).
That’s extortion and I’m waiting on another call back.

Steven79
07-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Got a nice call back from the TO today so that’s a positive. Seems there is a £1.50 per ticket fee when buying over the phone. (Over the phone being the only way you could get one at the designated time yesterday....).
That’s extortion and I’m waiting on another call back.Between the booking fee and the price to call them I can't see many phoning up in future.

They should have made it clearer before the tickets went on sale.

CMurdoch
07-01-2020, 08:30 PM
That’s extortion and I’m waiting on another call back.

Dear Mr Osterberg,

Like the folk that buy tickets for your gigs you have been pumped by the greedy bleeders, ticket *******.

The pushing in of the thin edge of the wedge has begun.

Stanton Spence
07-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Excuse me for being ignorant but is every other club doing the same thing regarding booking fees etc for tickets now or is it just us who are?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
07-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Excuse me for being ignorant but is every other club doing the same thing regarding booking fees etc for tickets now or is it just us who are?

Every club gets charged booking fees by ticketmaster, always have done. Hibs have always swallowed that cost. Celtic, Hearts to name two pass those charges onto fans. Hibs are now doing the same.

Stanton Spence
07-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Every club gets charged booking fees by ticketmaster, always have done. Hibs have always swallowed that cost. Celtic, Hearts to name two pass those charges onto fans. Hibs are now doing the same.Kl thanks mate, I live a stones throw from the stadium so I guess it's not gonna affect me as much as most, pretty poor from hibs imo and I guess this is all part of our new owners way of getting the most out of the fans and making us more efficient [emoji57] I'm just waiting on the improving the match day experience and becoming more of a community club crap that's been spouted about. I really don't get why some dude from Peru has bought us but that's another discussion for another thread

CMurdoch
07-01-2020, 09:20 PM

As far as I know they all use an online private ticket service so pretty sure that is a yes.
Basically the same as when you buy concert tickets.

Supporters (including loads on here) moaned about the performance of the existing ticket service for big games. After much abuse Hibs appear to have arranged a higher level service from Ticketmaster and that has to be paid for.............by us. Not Hibs fault.
Who knew you would have to pay more for a better service :rolleyes:
Not the moaners apparently.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2020, 08:17 AM
As far as I know they all use an online private ticket service so pretty sure that is a yes.
Basically the same as when you buy concert tickets.

Supporters (including loads on here) moaned about the performance of the existing ticket service for big games. After much abuse Hibs appear to have arranged a higher level service from Ticketmaster and that has to be paid for.............by us. Not Hibs fault.
Who knew you would have to pay more for a better service :rolleyes:
Not the moaners apparently.

£1.50 booking fee per ticket? The service isn’t that ****ing good.

Steven79
08-01-2020, 08:19 AM
£1.50 booking fee per ticket? The service isn’t that ****ing good.

It's only if you phone up that you pay £1.50 per ticket as online it's just per transaction.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2020, 08:22 AM
It's only if you phone up that you pay £1.50 per ticket as online it's just per transaction.

I know that now.
Phoning up was the only way to get a ticket at the allotted time though so there’s a bit of disparity there.
And phoning or not it’s still a fee that outweighs the service. And the club agree.

danhibees1875
08-01-2020, 10:41 AM
If you go to the ticket office and pay cash the club has to then take all monies raised to the bank which costs time and security!

If you buy on line and pay by credit card then collect the ticket at the office, it is a computer transaction and should be free?

The same applies to printing your own ticket, its a computer transaction so should be free?

It seems to be just another way to disguise hiking ticket prices!!!!

Computer transactions aren't free though. There are systems to pay for and credit card fees to be paid.

hibbysam
08-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Computer transactions aren't free though. There are systems to pay for and credit card fees to be paid.

Plus it’s a service, they’re charging for hibs to use their service. They’re not going to allow us to use their ticketing service for free. Would be madness. We are using them because it would cost us a fortune to build our own system, we pay them a nominal fee per transaction/ticket and that pays for the service we are getting.