PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Pricing 2020/21

Jamesie
05-01-2020, 03:54 PM
The thread on ticket admin costs got me thinking to the above - the first season ticket campaign under Ron Gordon's stewardship of the club.

Based on the last couple of years we're about eight or nine weeks away from the campaign launch: what are you expecting?

Keith_M
05-01-2020, 04:00 PM
Not sure about Season Ticket prices but it wouldn't surprise me if the cost of attending single games were increased.

I'm basing that on the fact that a lot of other clubs have higher prices than us, including the likes of Livingston and St Johnstone, and having had a number of price freezes in the last few years.

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part and I haven't expressed a view on whether it would be right or wrong :)

CMurdoch
05-01-2020, 04:09 PM
The thread on ticket admin costs got me thinking to the above - the first season ticket campaign under Ron Gordon's stewardship of the club.

Based on the last couple of years we're about eight or nine weeks away from the campaign launch: what are you expecting?

£395 for early bird adult season ticket

GreenCastle
05-01-2020, 04:11 PM
I wish they would rebrand it as Hibs membership.

Gold - Away and Home ST
Silver - Home ST - away game priority
Bronze - walk up

Costs vary and you can have add ons in each package.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Not sure about Season Ticket prices but it wouldn't surprise me if the cost of attending single games were increased.

I'm basing that on the fact that a lot of other clubs have higher prices than us, including the likes of Livingston and St Johnstone, and having had a number of price freezes in the last few years.

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part and I haven't expressed a view on whether it would be right or wrong :)

Think our walk up for Cat B games is £23, think it was £25 at Livingston and Ross County, and £22/£23 at St Mirren and Hamilton
Maybe the likes of Livvi and Ross County, charge as as a Cat A game?

Jones28
05-01-2020, 04:55 PM

Gold - Away and Home ST
Bronze - walk up

I think we will see something different this year.

theonlywayisup
05-01-2020, 05:01 PM

Gold - Away and Home ST
Bronze - walk up

Bonkers! Why should Home ST holders be classed as second class supporters?

CMurdoch
05-01-2020, 05:02 PM
I think we will see something different this year.

Sadly, I agree.
Expecting some dressed up jiggery pokery which would be the american influence.
A dangerous strategy if they do for example decide to charge different prices to sit in different parts of the ground ala Hearts.
Should keep the current one adult season ticket price. Keeps us all in it together.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2020, 05:03 PM
In 5 years time Cat A games are going to be £40+, thats frightening!!

wallpaperman
05-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Sadly, I agree.
Expecting some dressed up jiggery pokery which would be the american influence.
A dangerous strategy if they do for example decide to charge different prices to sit in different parts of the ground ala Hearts.
Should keep the current one adult season ticket price. Keeps us all in it together.

I think they will be careful to not mess about with things too much. Hearts pricing strategy seems to draw quite a bit of criticism from their fans.

Hibs board are obviously aware that season ticket sales dropped somewhere around 6-7% this season I think, so they need to be careful not to upset the balance.

I could see walk ups going up a pound or two though.

CMurdoch
05-01-2020, 05:08 PM

Gold - Away and Home ST
Bronze - walk up

That's just a load of old **** status based capitalist marketing drivel.
Keep all the home season ticket holders as a united group.
Don't make anyone feel better than anyone else by introducing platinum, gold, silver and bronze season tickets or similar bull****.
Hibs season ticket holders are as one supporting the team and should always have and be seen to have equal status.

B.H.F.C
05-01-2020, 05:08 PM
Think our walk up for Cat B games is £23, think it was £25 at Livingston and Ross County, and £22/£23 at St Mirren and Hamilton

We also had a different charge for the Aberdeen game at ER, in between the Cat A and Cat B price. They just seemed to keep that one quiet though.

PatHead
05-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Think there will be interest added to the season ticket loan this year. Wonder if the finance company will be the same.

theonlywayisup
05-01-2020, 05:19 PM
Don't make anyone feel better than anyone else by introducing platinum, gold, silver and bronze season tickets or similar bull****.
Hibs season ticket holders are as one supporting the team and should always have and be seen to have equal status.

Agree.

#weareallhibs but some people think away supporters are more important.

GreenCastle
05-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Bonkers! Why should Home ST holders be classed as second class supporters?

Never said 2nd class supporters.

Though a ST isn’t value for money so the idea of a membership may entice more to buy or continue to buy.

Wouldn’t be a fan of the Hearts type pricing - even they were doing that you may as well fix the FF lower issue and empty seats.

GreenCastle
05-01-2020, 05:37 PM

The idea was about getting more £ into the club = better players ideally.

We have fans regularly moaning about funding and away tickets etc so just an idea to maybe sort it.

The last thing I would want to do is split the Hibs family so I can understand what your saying.

I would be happy to keep it the way it is - but wish they would sort the match day experience as that’s been neglected for too long and is only getting worse.

Stanton Spence
05-01-2020, 06:03 PM
The idea was about getting more £ into the club = better players ideally.

We have fans regularly moaning about funding and away tickets etc so just an idea to maybe sort it.

The last thing I would want to do is split the Hibs family so I can understand what your saying.

I would be happy to keep it the way it is - but wish they would sort the match day experience as that’s been neglected for too long and is only getting worse.I genuinely don't get this "match day experience" phrase that seems to be quite a popular thing to say in recent times. To me the match day experience is down to how the hibs play and if we get a result. Put it this way I'm never in my puff going to come away from a game that we've lost and talk about having a fantastic match day experience because I bought a half decent pie and I could hear the pre match and half time tunes and the stadium announcements clearly?? [emoji23]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Jamesie
05-01-2020, 07:34 PM
I think they will be careful to not mess about with things too much. Hearts pricing strategy seems to draw quite a bit of criticism from their fans.

Hibs board are obviously aware that season ticket sales dropped somewhere around 6-7% this season I think, so they need to be careful not to upset the balance.

I could see walk ups going up a pound or two though.

I wonder if increasing walk ups by a pound or two could ultimately lead to greater season ticket sales i.e. if a ST comes to be seen as better value than it presently is?

Personally I miss on average 2-4 games per season so my season ticket is never good value for me, but it does mean I get to keep the same seat all year round.

GreenCastle
05-01-2020, 08:23 PM
I genuinely don't get this "match day experience" phrase that seems to be quite a popular thing to say in recent times. To me the match day experience is down to how the hibs play and if we get a result. Put it this way I'm never in my puff going to come away from a game that we've lost and talk about having a fantastic match day experience because I bought a half decent pie and I could hear the pre match and half time tunes and the stadium announcements clearly?? [emoji23]

I would rather see Hibs win in a fantastic stadium - eating decent food and hearing the half time guest than some crappy stadium with no leg room, crap toilets, awful food and not hearing when Sauzee (for example) has to say if he returned as a half time guest.

Like anything in life it’s about standards and for the money I pay to watch Hibs I expect the quality on the park to decent alongside attending with family or friends visiting for the 1st time.

Some friends being used to decent standards in Germany and England for example.

The whole of Scottish football should be looking to improve standards as they game here is a mess as it is.

Stanton Spence
05-01-2020, 08:36 PM
I would rather see Hibs win in a fantastic stadium - eating decent food and hearing the half time guest than some crappy stadium with no leg room, crap toilets, awful food and not hearing when Sauzee (for example) has to say if he returned as a half time guest.

Like anything in life it’s about standards and for the money I pay to watch Hibs I expect the quality on the park to decent alongside attending with family or friends visiting for the 1st time.

Some friends being used to decent standards in Germany and England for example.

The whole of Scottish football should be looking to improve standards as they game here is a mess as it is.I get you bud [emoji106] I'm just easy pleased I guess

Jamesie
29-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Was there any indication given at the AGM as to when next season’s pricing will be announced? I know there has been discussion of bronze, silver, gold etc and wondered if this might all delay the traditional launch which usually takes place about now.

Diclonius
29-02-2020, 08:55 AM
If this was moved to FF lower, and I wasn't already attending games with my family rather than friends, I'd consider moving there next season.

DH1875
29-02-2020, 09:06 AM
If this was moved to FF lower, and I wasn't already attending games with my family rather than friends, I'd consider moving there next season.

Wrong thread?

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 09:11 AM
Was there any indication given at the AGM as to when next season’s pricing will be announced? I know there has been discussion of bronze, silver, gold etc and wondered if this might all delay the traditional launch which usually takes place about now.

I'm no marketing genius but I reckon the day after we (hopefully) beat Hearts would be a good time to announce it

Leithwalk
29-02-2020, 09:15 AM
I'm no marketing genius but I reckon the day after we (hopefully) beat Hearts would be a good time to announce it

Ron said on Monday that he had not seen another stadium of ER's size with uniform pricing. He said prices would be segmented. He didn't indicate when this would happen, but I think he would be likely to get on with it

Mikey
29-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Think there will be interest added to the season ticket loan this year. Wonder if the finance company will be the same.

That wouldn't surprise me. The club has absorbed that extra cost for years and it's already been shown that they want to pass extras like this back to us.

wallpaperman
29-02-2020, 09:23 AM

It’s £22 for category B games for an adult at ER, not bad value at all I think.

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Ron said on Monday that he had not seen another stadium of ER's size with uniform pricing. He said prices would be segmented. He didn't indicate when this would happen, but I think he would be likely to get on with it

It will have been looked at over the last six months and a decision already made for next year.

I'm expecting to be silver with a small price increase of £20 and won't complain if that's the case.

eastterrace
29-02-2020, 10:40 AM
It will have been looked at over the last six months and a decision already made for next year.

I'm expecting to be silver with a small price increase of £20 and won't complain if that's the case.
My take on it is the top tiers will pay a bit more and the seats in lower west middle will cost more but out at the wings they will cost less same as the east stand. He did mention this at the AGM but not in any detail.

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 11:19 AM
My take on it is the top tiers will pay a bit more and the seats in lower west middle will cost more but out at the wings they will cost less same as the east stand. He did mention this at the AGM but not in any detail.

It's usually about now that they announce the pricing for next season so we shouldn't have long to wait.

hibee-boys
29-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Interested to see how they segment the pricing, we're section 39 of the East so i'd expect to be silver. Would be happy to stump up a few quid for more central seats.

hibby6270
29-02-2020, 12:09 PM
It's usually about now that they announce the pricing for next season so we shouldn't have long to wait.

The scrolling advert boards in front of East StandLast night had a “details/prices coming soon” message”. There was also reference to what the slogan or strap line for the promo will be but for the life of me can’t remember it. Think I switched off reading it again because no actual date or indicative pricing was mentioned. Can only mean a matter of days though before the announcement is made imo.

DaveF
29-02-2020, 12:10 PM
The scrolling advert boards in front of East StandLast night had a “details/prices coming soon” message”. There was also reference to what the slogan or strap line for the promo will be but for the life of me can’t remember it. Think I switched off reading it again because no actual date or indicative pricing was mentioned. Can only mean a matter of days though before the announcement is made imo.

Join the revolution.

hibbyfraelibby
29-02-2020, 02:48 PM
We just made the cup semi. Cue the usual, sone might say cynical, ST release before tickets for it go on sale giving you priority. You all know the script except there will be gold, silver, bronze levels of priority this time😉

jgl07
29-02-2020, 03:47 PM
We just made the cup semi. Cue the usual, sone might say cynical, ST release before tickets for it go on sale giving you priority. You all know the script except there will be gold, silver, bronze levels of priority this time😉

Do you seriously think that any Hibs fan will have a problem getting a SF ticket?

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 03:50 PM

Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will get one no bother. Only possible exception would be if we got Hearts but that's highly unlikely given they are pish and will probably get hammered the night.

green day
29-02-2020, 04:26 PM

That has never happened so unsure how you can call it "usual, cynical...."

Certainly some non-ST holders may have bought STs in 2016 to ensure they got a final ticket, but if you already have a ST, you dont need to renew to get a semi ticket, FFS !

But, hey - why not make up nonsense to kick the club?

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will get one no bother. Only possible exception would be if we got Hearts but that's highly unlikely given they are pish and will probably get hammered the night.

There would be 23,000 tickets up for grabs, maybe even 25,000 as it’s a semi final. People would be just fine if it was Hearts. If we got limited to 10,000 against Rangers or Celtic, that’s when the problems kick in.

hibbyfraelibby
29-02-2020, 04:35 PM
There would be 23,000 tickets up for grabs, maybe even 25,000 as it’s a semi final. People would be just fine if it was Hearts. If we got limited to 10,000 against Rangers or Celtic, that’s when the problems kick in.

We get an ugly we'll get 16k.

SON OF PADDY
29-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Wonder if the new season tickets will be colour coded, Gold,Silver and Bronze?😉

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Wonder if the new season tickets will be colour coded, Gold,Silver and Bronze?😉

Don't think it would be appropriate for the greenest club in Scotland to replace the existing plastic cards.

Callum7
01-03-2020, 07:41 AM
If the big tv is going between the east and the south, could the east be classified in the highest level of pricing?

hibee-boys
01-03-2020, 08:52 AM
If the big tv is going between the east and the south, could the east be classified in the highest level of pricing?

Was thinking that the other night, we're in section 39 and thought we'd struggle to see much of it, would be worse further along towards the South stand. Oh well, 2 big TV's it is😂

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Yes as it’s your view of the main event that your paying for which is on the pitch not the screen.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Why?

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 09:27 AM

Yes, because you'll be spared the bombardment of adverts that those of us in the West will have to see :devil:

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Best laid plans of mice and men.

I thought they would get hammered as well

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2020, 02:03 PM

The view from practically anywhere in the east is very good, so lower priced tickets for the wings could prove popular. I'm hoping they will decide the FF upper isn't a prime location coz I wan't to sit there next season :greengrin

BlackSheep
02-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Any sign of the ST pricing... read somewhere on .net that today is the day....?

SON OF PADDY
02-03-2020, 04:09 PM
Don't think it would be appropriate for the greenest club in Scotland to replace the existing plastic cards.

How about they do away with the plastic cards,then they could use some type of app for you're phone!😉

SON OF PADDY
02-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Yes, because you'll be spared the bombardment of adverts that those of us in the West will have to see :devil:

I sincerely hope that the TV remote is kept in the West Stand !

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2020, 05:26 PM
How about they do away with the plastic cards,then they could use some type of app for you're phone!😉

Forcing people to own a phone, hardly environmentally friendly is it!

SON OF PADDY
02-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Forcing people to own a phone, hardly environmentally friendly is it!

You do realise that it was a joke!
Lots of people use their phones to access the stadium,it's saves carrying you're season ticket about.

PatHead
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Lots of people use their phones to access the stadium,it's saves carrying you're season ticket about.

Real hardship carrying your season ticket about.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Sorry mate, it was a bit of a joke with sarcasm, I should have added a smiley 😊

SON OF PADDY
02-03-2020, 06:31 PM
Sorry mate, it was a bit of a joke with sarcasm, I should have added a smiley 😊

No problem mate 👍

SON OF PADDY
02-03-2020, 06:40 PM
Real hardship carrying your season ticket about.

I once gave my mate who sits next to me at ER a loan of my season ticket so he could bring his son,next home game he forgets to bring my season ticket.😳
Luckily for me I've got it on my phone,quick scan and in I go.😉

Jamesie
04-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Mibbe better to leave this for a few days.