PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CHANGES

RSS Bot
04-01-2020, 01:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487)

Steven79
04-01-2020, 01:54 PM
So £1.50 added onto the cost per ticket for away games or is it per transaction?

Hibby70
04-01-2020, 02:06 PM
It's not very mobile responsive, I can't see the costs unless I switch to desktop mode.

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2020, 02:07 PM
So £1.50 added onto the cost per ticket for away games or is it per transaction?

Per ticket.

Since90+2
04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
It's not very mobile responsive, I can't see the costs unless I switch to desktop mode.

Yip same for me.

Steven79
04-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Per ticket.

So a family of four going to Tynecastle would have another £6 added on top of the already over the top priced tickets.

If it was per transaction I could accept/understand but per ticket is taking the michael.

Take for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2020, 02:13 PM
So a family of four going to Tynecastle would have another £6 added on top of the already over the top priced tickets.

If it was per transaction I could accept/understand but per ticket is taking the michael.

Taking for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.

It's frustrating but Hibs make a loss on selling you or I a ticket for an away game currently. Ticketmaster and admin costs are currently absorbed by Hibs. Hopefully this can be balanced with away teams offering a print at home or mobile ticketing system moving forward.

It's less of an issue for home matches because there is a profit made on the sale of a home ticket..

Steven79
04-01-2020, 02:19 PM
It's frustrating but Hibs make a loss on selling you or I a ticket for an away game currently. Ticketmaster and admin costs are currently absorbed by Hibs. Hopefully this can be balanced with away teams offering a print at home or mobile ticketing system moving forward.

I can't see it happening with many clubs having a different system and it would be abused by fans of certain teams (Can you imagine the carnage with Rangers fans having print at home tickets for Easter Road & Tynecastle?)

Also I can see this leading to people trying to pick up away tickets on matchdays to avoid the £1.50 fee per ticket which could lead to massive queues.

Steven79
04-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Also I wonder if this affects away season ticket holders till the end of the season?

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 02:21 PM
I stopped going to as many gigs back in the day when these charges started appearing - granted they were significant more but you could argue a similar percentage of the overall ticket price.

It might just be me but for some reason I shy away from paying them.

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Also I can see this leading to people trying to pick up away tickets on matchdays to avoid the £1.50 fee per ticket which could lead to massive queues.

This is what I expect and quite honestly will do myself.

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Take for example going to Perth where you get two free kids tickets the price shoots up from £17 for me and two kids to £21.50.

20% surcharge.

Steven79
04-01-2020, 02:27 PM
This is what I expect and quite honestly will do myself.

I plan on either doing that as the price of football is too high without adding another extra cost on top.

As I've said £1.50 per transaction is fine but per ticket is a rip off and I can't see how they can justify it.

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 02:31 PM
I plan on either doing that as the price of football is too high without adding another extra cost on top.

As I've said £1.50 per transaction is fine but per ticket is a rip off and I can't see how they can justify it.

I think I will have to miss the Dundee Utd game now, there is no point moaning about it to then go and pay it and as I live in Ayrshire I won't be passing the ticket office any time before then.

PatHead
04-01-2020, 03:05 PM

The justification is that it costs Hibs per ticket.

hibby6270
04-01-2020, 03:11 PM
I asked this question on the previous thread about this and nobody replied - either nobody knew or didn’t think it important. So, here we go again.......

If you buy a ticket online for a home friendly, European or League/Scottish Cup game, will we still be charged £1-50 if the ‘add access to season ticket card’ option is chosen?

I appreciate it doesn’t happen that many times in a season but it’s not 100% clear in the list of charges. Genuinely, if nobody on the forum knows, then please say. I guess a phone call to the ticket office will confirm one way or the other.

B.H.F.C
04-01-2020, 03:17 PM
Does anybody else in the league charge an admin fee for purchasing an away ticket?

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 03:17 PM
I asked this question on the previous thread about this and nobody replied - either nobody knew or didn’t think it important. So, here we go again.......

If you buy a ticket online for a home friendly, European or League/Scottish Cup game, will we still be charged £1-50 if the ‘add access to season ticket card’ option is chosen?

I appreciate it doesn’t happen that many times in a season but it’s not 100% clear in the list of charges. Genuinely, if nobody on the forum knows, then please say. I guess a phone call to the ticket office will confirm one way or the other.

I'd pop down In Person rather than calling the premium rate number...

Pretty Boy
04-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Does anybody else in the league charge an admin fee for purchasing an away ticket?

Rangers and Celtic used to charge the home club a fee for selling the tickets on their behalf. Hibs sold directly to both sets of fans for a spell rather than pay it.

I assume they no longer do this.

greenlex
04-01-2020, 04:08 PM

If it’s your own seat and added to your card there won’t be a charge. No charge for print at home ticket for home games either. It’s fairly clear to be honest.

poulton hibs
04-01-2020, 04:51 PM
Is the £1.50 charge not just for home tickets eg for the Dundee Utd game the only additional charge is if you use the phone to order. There is no reference to an additional charge (other than postage) for tickets bought online.

They seem to be encouraging people to use print at home or mobile tickets for home games and they would not be able to do that for away games.

Radium
04-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Is it possible to add your season ticket as an e-ticket on your phone. No 1 son manages to forget his card a couple of times a season but is never separated from his phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
04-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Is it possible to add your season ticket as an e-ticket on your phone. No 1 son manages to forget his card a couple of times a season but is never separated from his phone.

Don’t think so. But the office have printed a ticket for my seat for me a few times at no cost ....

Sir David Gray
04-01-2020, 05:28 PM
Don’t think so. But the office have printed a ticket for my seat for me a few times at no cost ....

Reprinting a ticket when you've forgotten your season ticket will now cost £1.50.

lyonhibs
04-01-2020, 05:35 PM
But printing them at home or the office etc remains free. Almost everybody must either have, or have a family member/pal with access to, a printer no?

I seem to remember folk saying the online system we have with Ticketmaster for the last derby was much quicker/better than the previous big game. That improvement won't have come for free to Hibs.

greenlex
04-01-2020, 06:02 PM

Take a photo of the QR code. That should Scan. (Try it next time but make sure you’ve got your card too). Another thing may be issues with phone sizes not fitting under the scanner. Worth a try. The old barcode scanned from phones no problem.

greenlex
04-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Is the £1.50 charge not just for home tickets eg for the Dundee Utd game the only additional charge is if you use the phone to order. There is no reference to an additional charge (other than postage) for tickets bought online.

They seem to be encouraging people to use print at home or mobile tickets for home games and they would not be able to do that for away games.
I don’t think so. The charge is for getting a physical ticket via ticket master or the ticket office. Obviously all away tickets need to be physical. All home tickets can either be added to your card( mobile ticket ) or printed at home at no extra cost. That’s how I read it anyway.

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2020, 07:34 PM

There is no charge for adding a cup game or other game to your ST card.

davhibby
04-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Sadly just another poor change in the fan experience from Hibs recently. Dempster seriously undoing a lot of the good she changed at the start

Radium
04-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Take a photo of the QR code. That should Scan. (Try it next time but make sure you’ve got your card too). Another thing may be issues with phone sizes not fitting under the scanner. Worth a try. The old barcode scanned from phones no problem.

Done. Tried to get the photo the same size as the card so and will hopefully remember to try it at the Hamilton game

hibby6270
04-01-2020, 09:35 PM
There is no charge for adding a cup game or other game to your ST card.

If it’s your own seat and added to your card there won’t be a charge. No charge for print at home ticket for home games either. It’s fairly clear to be honest.

I'd pop down In Person rather than calling the premium rate number...

Cheers all. Like yourselves I’m assuming adding a match to ST will remain free of charge.
Agreed PAH and Mobile tickets (for individual tickets) will be free but ‘add to ST card’ isn’t specifically mentioned in the list.

Has the ticket office stopped the 661 1875 direct phone number for questions?

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Cheers all. Like yourselves I’m assuming adding a match to ST will remain free of charge.
Agreed PAH and Mobile tickets (for individual tickets) will be free but ‘add to ST card’ isn’t specifically mentioned in the list.

Has the ticket office stopped the 661 1875 direct phone number for questions?

Just to clarify, I’m not assuming I asked.

hibby6270
04-01-2020, 10:42 PM
Just to clarify, I’m not assuming I asked.

Ah!! Thanks Scouse. :thumbsup:

hibbysam
04-01-2020, 11:07 PM
Sadly just another poor change in the fan experience from Hibs recently. Dempster seriously undoing a lot of the good she changed at the start

You do realise this is a ticketmaster charge? That hibs, out of their own goodwill, have swallowed for years. I don’t agree with the charges but understand to use their service they are applicable. I’d rather pay that myself and maximise the clubs income (same goes for season ticket finance interest) than save £1.50.

Is It On....
04-01-2020, 11:22 PM
I stopped going to as many gigs back in the day when these charges started appearing - granted they were significant more but you could argue a similar percentage of the overall ticket price.

It might just be me but for some reason I shy away from paying them.

The admin charges really annoy me - Ripping Records never charged extra and they even occasionally ran busses to Barrowlands as well. 🙂

H18 SFR
04-01-2020, 11:35 PM
The admin charges really annoy me - Ripping Records never charged extra and they even occasionally ran busses to Barrowlands as well. 🙂

I suppose the only good thing is you don't have to pay them as a matter of principle if you don't want to.

monktonharp
04-01-2020, 11:42 PM
It's not very mobile responsive, I can't see the costs unless I switch to desktop mode.those very words you mention: mobile responsive and desktop mode mean virtually nothing to me, and people of my age. aye aye were in 2020 now, I ken. all I want is 20/20 vision but it aint gonna happen is it?

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2020, 08:16 AM

Try turning your phone on it’s side. Worked for me 👍🏼

Billy Whizz
05-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Reading the article again, I get the impression it applies only to home games at ER
My email from Hibs re my away season ticket for the Dundee Utd game, doesn’t add anything on to the actual ticket price!
I’ll check tomorrow when the transaction goes through

CMurdoch
05-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Reading the article again, I get the impression it applies only to home games at ER
My email from Hibs re my away season ticket for the Dundee Utd game, doesn’t add anything on to the actual ticket price!
I’ll check tomorrow when the transaction goes through

That might be because you have an away season ticket.

CMurdoch
05-01-2020, 04:17 PM

Ripping Records charged booking fees of at least 10% on each and every ticket sale. You got pumped along with everyone else.
That's how they made their money otherwise they would have died a long time before they did as they sure as hell didn't sell many records this century.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2020, 04:17 PM
That might be because you have an away season ticket.

Doesn’t say anything about away games on the article

Power
05-01-2020, 07:24 PM

“Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction will apply to online orders (excluding mobile or print at home).“

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=22855&d=1578254956

Online purchase of mobile ticketing, print at home or purchased at ticket office is free. That should cover majority of home games.

Hibs no longer absorbing the Ticketmaster costs will save the club a fortune - one I hope can be put to good use.

On the flip, ticket prices are forever increasing, without the addition of a booking fee - ultimately in the hands of away teams here - but hoping we can negotiate and influencing others on prices with this in mind.

Source - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10482

Sir David Gray
05-01-2020, 07:45 PM
“Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction will apply to online orders (excluding mobile or print at home).“

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=22855&d=1578254956

Online purchase of mobile ticketing, print at home or purchased at ticket office is free. That should cover majority of home games.

Hibs no longer absorbing the Ticketmaster costs will save the club a fortune - one I hope can be put to good use.

On the flip, ticket prices are forever increasing, without the addition of a booking fee - ultimately in the hands of away teams here - but hoping we can negotiate and influencing others on prices with this in mind.

Source - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10482

So as I understand it, the charge is basically going to apply to tickets bought in advance for every away game unless it's bought at the ticket office?

Power
05-01-2020, 07:59 PM
So as I understand it, the charge is basically going to apply to tickets bought in advance for every away game unless it's bought at the ticket office?

Yeh - “Booking fee for all tickets bought online”

Billy Whizz
05-01-2020, 08:02 PM

Thought we wanted to maximise online bookings, save Fans having to go to TO???!
Have you been involved in this KP?

Power
05-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Thought we wanted to maximise online bookings, save Fans having to go to TO???!
Have you been involved in this KP?

Nope, Unfortunately not. (Been trying to get per ticket/transaction information and glad to now have it).

Definitely a push towards online and maximising digital use for home games. Away game sales evidently difficult as it’s finding the balance between making loss on those genuine costs the club incurs as they mention and delivering the best service.

B.H.F.C
05-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Nope, Unfortunately not. (Been trying to get per ticket/transaction information and glad to now have it).

Definitely a push towards online and maximising digital use for home games. Away game sales evidently difficult as it’s finding the balance between making loss on those genuine costs the club incurs as they mention and delivering the best service.

Kieran, just out of interest, do you know if other teams in the league charge the admin fee for the sale of away tickets?

Totally understand the drive to maximise digital for home games because the club have control over it. And whilst I suppose I understand an admin fee on away tickets, it’s just another cost to supporters.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2020, 08:24 PM

What about wheelchair tickets bought over the phone via the disabled hotline at the ER ticket office?

Power
05-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Kieran, just out of interest, do you know if other teams in the league charge the admin fee for the sale of away tickets?

Totally understand the drive to maximise digital for home games because the club have control over it. And whilst I suppose I understand an admin fee on away tickets, it’s just another cost to supporters.

No idea, I would need to check each team but a number use Ticketmaster so it depends on who is passing the cost on and who is incurring the charge.

What about wheelchair tickets bought over the phone via the disabled hotline at the ER ticket office?

No changes to tickets purchased over the phone, as before - £1.50 per ticket, excluding disabled line

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487

hibbysam
05-01-2020, 09:27 PM
No idea, I would need to check each team but a number use Ticketmaster so it depends on who is passing the cost on and who is incurring the charge.

No changes to tickets purchased over the phone, as before - £1.50 per ticket, excluding disabled line

When will we be able to Print at home for rangers, celtic, hearts, killie etc who all have barcode/QR code entry systems? Seems pointless having these systems and not letting fans use the benefits of them.

Power
05-01-2020, 09:33 PM
When will we be able to Print at home for rangers, celtic, hearts, killie etc who all have barcode/QR code entry systems? Seems pointless having these systems and not letting fans use the benefits of them.

Those teams away? Not one I can answer. You wouldn’t think it will be too long, Technology is there, all clubs selling direct to other supporters will no doubt have cost benefit but has its own challenges.

hibbysam
05-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Those teams away? Not one I can answer. You wouldn’t think it will be too long, Technology is there, all clubs selling direct to other supporters will no doubt have cost benefit but has its own challenges.

Yeah, apologies away from home. Fairly sure it would be simple for ticket master to set up and save a whole load of issues, collecting, delivering, man hours in the TO sorting tickets etc.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2020, 09:50 PM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10487

Cheers. :aok:

B.H.F.C
05-01-2020, 09:56 PM
No idea, I would need to check each team but a number use Ticketmaster so it depends on who is passing the cost on and who is incurring the charge

Just interested if it’s something other clubs pass on to supporters or if it’s just us. If it’s not, maybe it’s something that more will start to do because I do understand the reasons for it. I just think it’s dangerous for clubs to start adding additional cost to something that is already expensive.

Obviously not entirely sure how it all works, if the club pay a flat fee for the Ticketmaster platform, if there is a cost for every ticket sold on it etc.

davhibby
05-01-2020, 10:47 PM
You do realise this is a ticketmaster charge? That hibs, out of their own goodwill, have swallowed for years. I don’t agree with the charges but understand to use their service they are applicable. I’d rather pay that myself and maximise the clubs income (same goes for season ticket finance interest) than save £1.50.

That’s good for you but a lot of folk don’t have that opportunity. The club have raised the season tickets significantly for students this year and upped the tickets for games against Aberdeen to a ridiculous £28 so it’s not the only thing this season.

hibbysam
06-01-2020, 08:10 AM
That’s good for you but a lot of folk don’t have that opportunity. The club have raised the season tickets significantly for students this year and upped the tickets for games against Aberdeen to a ridiculous £28 so it’s not the only thing this season.

‘A ridiculous £28’ - I’m not sure what’s massively ridiculous about that? It’s not quite a category A game but bigger than a category B game, so prices slap bang in the middle. Students were getting season tickets for about £135 before this year, that is £7 per game. If you don’t think students (many of whom are better off than most working families) then fair play but I don’t see how £195 (£10 per game) is too much and is still a cracking deal.