PDA

View Full Version : Best football/sports stadia you’ve visited this decade

Stuart93
31-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Outwith ER (obviously) what’s the best football/sports stadium you’ve visited this decade?

I was at the Wanda Metropolitano back in October and it’s the best venue I’ve ever been at to take in a game. Was unbelievable.

BoomtownHibees
31-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Outwith ER (obviously) what’s the best football/sports stadium you’ve visited this decade?

I was at the Wanda Metropolitano back in October and it’s the best venue I’ve ever been at to take in a game. Was unbelievable.

The new Wembley is pretty impressive

Hillsidehibby
31-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Benfica Hamburg Real Madrid all great

Forgot to mention Brondby!

HappyAsHellas
31-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Dortmund, a very enjoyable experience.

GloryGlory
The Alliance Riviera for OGC Nice v PSG match and Belgium v Sweden in Euro 2016.

The Emirates for a pre season Arsenal game.

Wimbledon for tennis.

Smartie
Wembley was impressive, but I thought the atmosphere was dead.

I went to a Bayern game at the Allianz against Hertha BSC - big German games are excellent.

Pagan Hibernia
31-12-2019, 12:02 PM
La bombonera in Buenos Aires.

Atmosphere has to be seen (and heard) to be believed

SteveHFC
31-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Commerzbank-Arena in Frankfurt to see Bayern win the league title in 2013.

Alex Trager
31-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Winner winner [emoji1360]

Pretty Boy
31-12-2019, 12:20 PM
From a visual perspective the new Wembley and the Olympic Stadium in Berlin are hard to beat.

In terms of atmosphere and the level of sport on offer Cheltenham racecourse wins hands down.

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 12:29 PM
That's easy, the Allianz Arena is by far the best one I've visited.

I wasn't overly impressed with Signal Iduna Park (Borrusia Dortmund's stadium). It's OK if you have a seat facing the pitch but the view from the corners isn't great, as they basically just extended the stands in straight lines, meaning you're facing the people sat behind the goals instead of the pitch.

Frazerbob
31-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Wembley is a soulless, corporate hell hole....in my humble opinion. Oh and you need binoculars to see the pitch from the top rows!

The indoor stadium in Astana/Nur-sultan, Kazakhstan was pretty impressive. You didn’t feel like you were indoors, other than it wasn’t -15 like outside.

The Luzhniki in Moscow was pretty spectacular and added to my list of World Cup final hosting stadiums I’ve visited.

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Wembley is a soulless, corporate hell hole....in my humble opinion. Oh and you need binoculars to see the pitch from the top rows!

Can't be as bad as the view behind the goals at the old Wembley. Think Hampden, but much worse.

KWJ
31-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Rogers Centre in Toronto was impressive for baseball.

I liked Eden Park in Auckland too.

Frazerbob
31-12-2019, 12:32 PM
From a visual perspective the new Wembley and the Olympic Stadium in Berlin are hard to beat.

In terms of atmosphere and the level of sport on offer Cheltenham racecourse wins hands down.

I found Cheltenham a complete shambles. Incapable of hosting the huge crowds, dreadful sight lines and facilities a disgrace. The town itself also can’t cope with the numbers. Genuinely one of the worst sporting experiences I’ve had. It was 8 years ago so maybe improved since then, hope so!

Frazerbob
31-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Can't be as bad as the view behind the goals at the old Wembley. Think Hampden, but much worse.

I loved the old Wembley, proper stadium.....but then I also love Hampden.

.Sean.
31-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Hamburg is immense. Seen them beat Stuttgart 4 1 the year they got relegated and it was the only game they won at home all season!

MKHIBEE
31-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Best for me was Werder Bremens stadium, great all round experience.

TAHibby
31-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Bernabeu, watched them get beat 4-1 in their own backyard. I'm not a madrid supporter but seeing the place inside and out on a champions league night was special.

San siro (the milanese one) was just a visit. Maybe a lot of people find it an ageing and unimpressive ground, but I really enjoyed the visit seeing the history of the place. Will be sad when it is eventually replaced

CockneyRebel
31-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Glebe Park and Cappielow :wink:

calumhibee1
31-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Been to Wembley - was absolutely *****.

Nou Camp is great.

Greenfly
31-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Simply has to be Tynecastle - mega new stand with a budget that only a truly big club could afford, stunning views and an airport terminal-style facade.

Greenfly
31-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Simply has to be Tynecastle - mega new stand with a budget that only a truly big club could afford, stunning views and an airport terminal-style facade.

... and chips, of course.

Chorley Hibee
31-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Allianz Arena in Munich, tremendous city too.

Most atmospheric has to have been Stadion Poljud, and in amongst the Hajduk Split Ultras the night before my wedding in Croatia.

dchibs
31-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Hampdump when we won the cup.:hibees

Bobo
31-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, probably one of the most iconic stadium in the world. Glad I got to see it before it was destroyed.

Those involved in its demise should hang their heads in shame.

madabouthibs
31-12-2019, 02:16 PM

👍 I was at the Wanda Metropolitano for a Champions League game last November. Tremendous arena and a great atmosphere.
The whole infrastructure/transport network was spot on too, made the whole experience really enjoyable. Bernabeu was pretty impressive too, really steep which gave a great view of the pitch wherever you sat in the stadium, as was the Camp Nou, but I only did the tours there and didn't take in a game. Maybe one day..... 😀👍

GreenLake
31-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Wanda Metropolitana at the CL Final. Cowboy Stadium in Dallas for Thanksgiving NFL game. Camp Nou for CL game. Arthur Ashe Stadium at Flushing Meadows for US Open Mens semifinals. Bombonera for Boca vs Lanus (maroon jerseys).

Bostonhibby
31-12-2019, 02:50 PM
See when Tynecastle is finished and they get a proper pitch, threads like this will be pointless.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
31-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Minute Maid Park to watch the Houston Astros. Not necessarily the best but I was invited to a game in 40 degree heat and was dreading it until I walked in to find it was air conditioned.....

Tom Hart RIP
31-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Really enjoyed the Croke Park tour. Fantastic stadium with an incredible history.

31-12-2019, 03:25 PM
San siro

Basildon Hibs
31-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Hertha Berlin and The Emirates.

southern hibby
31-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Without a doubt has to be the stadium in the Faroe Islands we played at. How it gets a local safety licence never mind a uefa licence is beyond me lol.

but on a serious note maracana in Rio is absolutely amazing for atmosphere when bouncing.

GGTTH.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2019, 03:40 PM
A few have already been mentioned so, I'm going to chuck Ally Pally in there, been to the semis a couple of times, magnificent experience.

andyf5
31-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Central Park on a wet Saturday afternoon where they had one kettle to make hot drinks for 100 people queued. Most memorable sports stadia.

Lago
31-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Been to Wembley - was absolutely *****.

Nou Camp is great.

Nou Camp is great

Gloucester Hibs
31-12-2019, 08:01 PM
The Emirates for the North London Derby last December, won corporate hospitality tickets for the Emirates Skybox using my air miles. Best seats in the house - some experience!

WestStandhibee
31-12-2019, 08:12 PM
The Aviva in the Dublin is very impressive, streets ahead of our national stadium

Frankhfc
31-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Hampdump when we won the cup.:hibees

:top marks

lyonhibs
31-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Been to the Signal Iduna Park aka Westfallenstadion to watch Scotland and that was quite something.

The old Vincente Calderón was great as well.

New Spurs stadium is a great arena and really properly done bar/concourse experience.

I'd probably say the Signal Iduna Park wins though.

stuart-farquhar
31-12-2019, 09:40 PM
The Atlanta Falcons stadium is magnificent. Truly.

hibbyfraelibby
31-12-2019, 09:45 PM
The Colosseum in Rome...the pitch is so much better than the one at Tynecastle

SJNB Hibby
31-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, probably one of the most iconic stadium in the world. Glad I got to see it before it was destroyed.

Those involved in its demise should hang their heads in shame.
Coldest winter i ever experienced was april in candlestick....so said simebody, and i have to agree

Helensburghhibs
31-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I done the tour at benfica when in Lisbon. Really impressive.

Ryan91
31-12-2019, 10:18 PM

:agree:

Been there twice, both times for the NFL international series, a seriously impressive stadium.

Dmas
01-01-2020, 12:04 AM
Allianz Arena, Trophy cabinet was a bit special as well

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 12:21 AM
Maracana old and new. But loved the old one best.

HoboHarry
01-01-2020, 12:25 AM
Coldest winter i ever experienced was april in candlestick....so said simebody, and i have to agree
I was there two years ago in early summer - frozen to the bone because the wife wanted to watch whales. People selling jackets there make a fortune.....

bigwheel
01-01-2020, 07:01 AM
Don’t think anything I’ve been to comes near the new Spurs stadium.....taken things to a new level of excellence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baggio70
01-01-2020, 07:10 AM
PGE National Stadium in Warsaw,
Scotland winning in a friendly
Pretty sure it was used for the finals of the euros 🤔

HH81
01-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Arsenal ground. Will visit spurs one soon

JackHibs
02-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Wembley was pretty impressive but atmosphere was dead.

BankWest Stadium where Western Sydney play is pretty impressive, steep as hell - would have a really good atmosphere if it was sold out.

Baader
02-01-2020, 01:39 AM
Olympic Stadium in Berlin and probably the National Stadium in Warsaw for Euro 2012.

EdinMike
02-01-2020, 02:00 AM
Fenway Park. A little different being Baseball but was impressive non the less and it’s architecture was interesting.

Mibbes Aye
02-01-2020, 02:07 AM
Bohemians, in Prague

https://images.app.goo.gl/pJwTm3MNpdpyEBaV7

The view of the stadium doesn’t do justice to the concourse, which is sublime.

Beer, sausage and ... well, just beer and sausage really!

On a more serious note, yes, I thought the Emirates was pretty special but I imagine Spurs should have taken things a step further yet given the cost. Hope to go there.

Going down to Villa near the end of the season for hospitality, hoping SJM is back and fit. Villa Park has always meant to represent one of the best stadiums in England so we are hoping that is still the case.

sauzee=legend
02-01-2020, 02:17 AM
St Petersburg stadium for semi final of World Cup between Belgium and France and same place for 3rd place with England and Belgium.
What a stadium!
Even better that they have a theme park outside too between the stadium and the underground stop.
San Siro up there too BUT it is getting a little dated.

Denverhibby
02-01-2020, 02:37 AM
Denver Broncos stadium at mile high not too bad limited beer options. Huston dynamos stadium small but great beer selection

Mixu62
02-01-2020, 03:55 AM
The Gabba in Brisbane is fairly impressive. Good sight-lines, compact and close to pubs and transport.

norwayhibs
02-01-2020, 07:04 AM
Westfalen in Dortmund, amazing.

yonder1875
02-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Westfalen in Dortmund, amazing.

This. Managed to get a ticket for the Yellow Wall and it was honestly special, a real bucket list type of thing that was for me.

Big90inOz
02-01-2020, 07:53 AM
Optus Stadium in Perth , Australia.
Fantastic 60,000+ stadium with not a bad seat in the house.

Hillsidehibby
02-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Optus Stadium in Perth , Australia.
Fantastic 60,000+ stadium with not a bad seat in the house.

Forgot I was there for a Dockers game. Great stadium. A bit hot in the sun but the beer helped.

scm70nyd1973
02-01-2020, 08:32 AM

Lucky enough to have been to the MCG in Melbourne for cricket and Aussie rules - outstanding facilities 👍

St Pauli Hibee
02-01-2020, 08:36 AM
Atlanta United's Mercedes Benz Stadium. Only built in 2015 I believe but it is something else, only downside is a plastic pitch for the 'Soccer'

FilipinoHibs
02-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Lucky enough to have been to the MCG in Melbourne for cricket and Aussie rules - outstanding facilities 👍

Saw a Australia vs NZ soccer game there before the world cup. Full house but if you thought Hibs fans were moaners then you should hear the Aussies

allezsauzee
02-01-2020, 10:27 AM
The best atmosphere for atmosphere that I've been to is Elland Road. Would love for ER to generate that constant noise on the same level.

Bristolhibby
02-01-2020, 11:14 AM
The new Spurs stadium is pretty sweet. Went for the NFL. Had a great time with the Bears fans. Shame it’s in a **** hole area and a bugger to get to.

Enjoyed Marlins Stadium in Miami. My first baseball game. Watched Marlins v the Yankees. The stadium has a nightclub with a swimming pool in the stadium called the Clevelander. We bought tickets for there. View wasn’t brilliant but waitresses bringing beer (on a tab) to your seat was brilliant.

Went and “upgraded” our seats and sat behind home plate for the last few innings.

Also special mention to the Stadium Marcel Michelin in Clermont. Went there for the Clermont v Bath rugby match. What a noise! Never seen anything like it at a rugby game. Safe to say Bath got walloped.

J

matty_f
02-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Weser Stadium (Werder Bremen) was the best one I went to to actually see a game, had a tour of Old Trafford and that was pretty impressive as well.

nellio
02-01-2020, 03:03 PM
New Tottenham stadium is fantastic once you get there.

MetLife in NYC well new Jersey is the other I would mention along with Wembley and my fav the millennium stadium in Cardiff.

BigKev
02-01-2020, 03:52 PM

I agree. The stadium in Warsaw was fantastic. No waiting for toilets and easy transport links.

Notable mentions to Dortmund and Brondby (just for the mayhem when we scored.)

Wembley was a huge meh. Wasn’t overly impressed with Croke Park either.

EI255
02-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Fortuna Dusseldorf stadium very impressive.

St Pauli's stadium probably unbeatable for atmosphere.

Enjoyed new Wembley too. Vast!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

May21/05/16
02-01-2020, 04:18 PM
The MetLife stadium home to the giants and jets in New Jersey

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

green&left
02-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Waldstadion for Eintracht v Wolfsburg I think it was. In the terracing, proper terracing none of this safe standing stuff. Eintracht qualified for Europe so the place was rocking. The stadium, choreography, bevvy, atmosphere, terracing - magic.

Old Trafford for Man U v Liverpool. The ground to some will be dated and passed it but for a modern arena that adds to the charm for me. The scale of the place is unreal though. Was 2nd or 3rd row from the top tier of the Sir Alex stand - some hike up but what a view. Good game and the atmosphere surprisingly good.

Olympic Stadium for Hertha v Bayer Leverkusen and Eintracht Frankfurt. Masses of history about the place. The tour is the best i've done. Get to see how good and modern a stadium it is with underground parking, VIP tunnels, underground restaurants and hospitality areas, underground training areas and also the historical aspects of the arena such as Hitler's balcony (which is still there but fenced off) and the Olympic bell complete with swastika which has a Soviet artillery shell put through it. Been in both home and away sections and well worth a visit.

Special mentions also goto San Siro (Milan Derby), Olympic Stadium (Lazio v Naples) and San Paolo (Napoli v Lazio). People don't like em 'cos they're a bit dated and manky but adds to the appeal and charm. Great places to watch football IMO. Agree with others regarding Wembley and Emirates etc, been to both and not for me. The view and facilities are great but soulless and lack character for me.

Gutted I never got to see a game at the Vincente Calderon. Closest I got was for a walk round it and a pint in Frente's bar (their ultras/hooligans) which was inside the stadium :greengrin

Not sure what's next. De Kuip to see Feyenoord or Marrassi for Genoa or Samp - or even better Genoa v Samp.

Frazerbob
02-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Great stadium. Was there 3 times in 6 months. Both Scotland games (a draw & a win) and Depeche Mode gig.

Haymaker
02-01-2020, 04:45 PM
New Tottenham stadium is fantastic once you get there.

MetLife in NYC well new Jersey is the other I would mention along with Wembley and my fav the millennium stadium in Cardiff.

Metlife?! It's a dump in swamp!

And I live there so I can say so!

Logie Green
02-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Best - Anfield - not the greatest in terms of sight lines in some parts but a proper football ground with knowledgeable supporters, nobody screeching into a microphone and no music played after a goal is scored.

Worst - Newbyers Park (Arniston Rangers) - decrepit, overgrown and cold. Also played Simply The Best and Penny Arcade at half-time. 😡

Keith_M
02-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Fortuna Dusseldorf stadium very impressive.

Forgot about that.

I take back my 'Allianz Arena is the best' claim, it's only the second best

StevesFamau5
02-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Stadio Olympico in Rome. Went for Lazio V Sampdoria. We were seated in the section near the lazio ultras. The noise was incredible and tbh they were pretty friendly to us.

Also the Olympic stadium in Berlin, again in the section above the ultras, the stadium shook during the opening ten minutes.

Quick shout out to La Rosaleda in Malaga as well, been several times and it's a fantastic wee bowl stadium. Atmosphere is great on the Fondo Sur and really good wee day out.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
02-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Yankee stadium, awesome!

dchibs
02-01-2020, 05:47 PM
Got tickets for Valencia v Athletico Madrid in February.

brianmc
02-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Wembley (for the 2011 Barcelona v Man Utd Champions League Final).

Sylar
02-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara doesn't look like much (not compared to the Mercedes Benz in Atlanta, or the new Spurs stadium), but it's an incredible facility: https://time.com/3136272/levis-stadium-tech/ - there's also a lot to be said for being able to watch sport in the California sun with a beer in hand!

The biggest stadium is Michigan Stadium, which really is an experience. Gameday vs a big college rival and you'll get 115k people in the bowl to watch the team inevitably lose. But the atmosphere is quite special!

Bristolhibby
02-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara doesn't look like much (not compared to the Mercedes Benz in Atlanta, or the new Spurs stadium), but it's an incredible facility: https://time.com/3136272/levis-stadium-tech/ - there's also a lot to be said for being able to watch sport in the California sun with a beer in hand!

The biggest stadium is Michigan Stadium, which really is an experience. Gameday vs a big college rival and you'll get 115k people in the bowl to watch the team inevitably lose. But the atmosphere is quite special!

Would love to go to a big College game.

J

blindsummit
02-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Dallas Cowboys Stadium is spectacular

dalkeith stu
02-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Wanda Metropolitano on a champions League night!! Great atmosphere and very easy to get to on the subway.
Hoping to get my first visit to Anfield, in the away end for the Atleti Game in March!!

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Wembley

Frazerbob
02-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Got tickets for Valencia v Athletico Madrid in February.

I might go to that. I’m taking the wee man to Barcelona that weekend then to Madrid and depending on how the fixtures pan out might manage Valencia too.

Galahibby
02-01-2020, 07:53 PM
Yankee Stadium. Such an iconic venue, and Stan's sports bar before and after made it probably my favourite non-Hibs related sporting occasion.

blindsummit
02-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Was at the NHL Winter Classic yesterday, at the Cotton Bowl in the Texas State Fair Park in Dallas. Old fashioned college football stadium, with 85,000 fans watching outdoor hockey. It doesn’t have the amenities of a modern stadium but the atmosphere was unbelievable. A day I will never forget!

jgl07
03-01-2020, 12:46 AM
The Bernabeu is the best for me. We went on the tour and attended a match there in January around six years back.

It's the only stadium I have been to with overhead heating panels.

We also did the tour of the former Atletico Madrid Stadium but didn't get to see a match.

Wembley is quite impressive certainly in comparison with Hampden.

Old Trafford is looking rather tired and is in sore need of a refurb. I went to a conference dinner a few years back there. The facilities are good but it looks like an architectural experiment gone wrong with different style of stands all over the place. A bit like St James' Park in many ways.

The Etihad Stadium in Manchester has good lines and these should be retained with expansion planned to 63,000. I am not sure if any further expansion could be accomplished without creating another mess.

lyonhibs
03-01-2020, 07:19 AM
I went to the Mestalla in Valencia on a "tour" in that I walked up to a wee booth, paid 5€ and was told to just get on with it and walk around as I liked. Quite a hulking mass of a retro stadium with just the 1 stand covered and the rest a big bowl with seats right to the very very top in a way you don't see in the UK any more.

Was a tad eerie as I was the only person in the joint and my mind inevitably wandered to the umpteen movies with a "sniper in the stadium" scene :faf:

I did momentarily disobey the tatty rope saying "Don't walk on the grass" so can say I've stepped on the Mestalla turf, which I can't even claim about ER I don't think.

hughio
03-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Anfield.

Liverpool v Napoli last year.

JeMeSouviens
03-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Annfield.

Liverpool v Napoli last year.

Countdown to the first smartarse to ask why Liverpool & Napoli were playing at Stirling Albion's old ground in 3, 2, 1 ...

Oh, it was me. :wink:

hughio
03-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Countdown to the first smartarse to ask why Liverpool & Napoli were playing at Stirling Albion's old ground in 3, 2, 1 ...

Oh, it was me. :wink:

Edited smartarse...kinda walked into that.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Don’t think anything I’ve been to comes near the new Spurs stadium.....taken things to a new level of excellence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:agree: And opulence.

hibsbollah
03-01-2020, 04:37 PM
I haven't been to that many stadia, but I'd be surprised if I ever find one I like more than Le vélodrome in Marseille. Combines super modern architecture with a noisy old school atmosphere. Just a great place to watch football.

edinburghhibee
03-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Out of interest how did you go about getting tickets for that game? Me and a few mates go across Europe every year for games... Roma v Lazii in a couple weeks... but we went to the boca v river game in Madrid and we would all love to sample the real thing now as the atmosphere was a bit like a friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
03-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Not read the whole thread so apologies if been mentioned before but for me it’s the Düsseldorf stadium.

Combination of the accessibility with train station pretty much in the ground, the availability of the beer without queuing, the atmosphere and the ticket only being 13 euros means it ticked a lot of boxes. Locals were brilliant too.

G-Reg
03-01-2020, 07:07 PM
TIAA Bank Field (Jacksonville Jaguars) was pretty impressive in the sunshine and even has glass fronted swimming pools overlooking the action.

The Packers and Patriots stadiums also had a lot to offer.

I was taken aback by The Carrier Dome which is home to Syracuse University, it's crazy the size of some of the American college stadiums.

For atmosphere Parc des princes was hard to beat earlier this year unfortunately it was the game were Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting missed probably the worst chance ever! I say missed but it was more a clearance.

Brooster
03-01-2020, 07:09 PM

I have to agree, some stadium

Higgy115
03-01-2020, 11:31 PM
Wrigley Field, Chicago. Twice in 2016, the same year they broke their hoodoo with the World Series. Historic and stunning.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2020, 11:53 PM
Wrigley Field, Chicago. Twice in 2016, the same year they broke their hoodoo with the World Series. Historic and stunning.

:agree:

It's a wonderful old stadium.

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2020, 06:01 AM
Schalke stadium ,training facilities, refreshments and club shop are pretty impressive, also Barcelona stadium, did the tour, some view from the press boxes, needs a lick of paint though.

Johnny Clash
04-01-2020, 07:29 AM
New Spurs ground is like a space ship has landed in North London. Bit of a walk from the nearest tube station but worth it. Longest bar in Europe too with pint tumblers that fill from the bottom!

FilipinoHibs
04-01-2020, 08:51 AM
Yankee Stadium. Such an iconic venue, and Stan's sports bar before and after made it probably my favourite non-Hibs related sporting occasion.

Been there for a Boston Red Sox game. Great game and beer. Ended up pretty drunk.

Dalianwanda
04-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Bilboas stadium was stunning, best I’ve been in (well best looking anyway)..Atmosphere wasn’t that amazing considering the beat Athletico 2-0

Atmosphere at Kolns ground was much better with a brilliant version of their song to the tune of ‘Loch Lomond’’ belted our at the start.