PDA

View Full Version : Huns statement

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 01:16 PM
See the huns have released a statement greeting about decisions against them and demanding VAR. Also greeting about the media's treatement of morelos.

Such a joke of a club. Guarentee we bring in VAR and a decision goes against them and they want rid of it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-repeat-var-call/

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 01:18 PM
See the huns have released a statement greeting about decisions against them and demanding VAR. Also greeting about the media's treatement of morelos.

Such a joke of a club. Guarentee we bring in VAR and a decision goes against them and they want rid of it.

Watching the OF game in all its insanity, I couldn't help thinking that the lack of VAR made it all the more entertaining.

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 01:19 PM
They love a statement, their fans will love it though

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 01:22 PM

I’m not sure how you can argue they weren’t hard done by yesterday or the media that has it in for Morelos.

Usually it would be accused of being sour grapes after a loss but fair enough to them they won, they still make a statement and their support will love it. This kind of **** only brings the club and support more together and let’s fave it we would have loved it had we done the same after any of the numerous derbies we’ve been done out a win or draw because of scandalous decisions.

Cabbage East
30-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Mutants.

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 01:26 PM
I’m not sure how you can argue they weren’t hard done by yesterday or the media that has it in for Morelos.

Usually it would be accused of being sour grapes after a loss but fair enough to them they won, they still make a statement and their support will love it. This kind of **** only brings the club and support more together and let’s fave it we would have loved it had we done the same after any of the numerous derbies we’ve been done out a win or draw because of scandalous decisions.

Morelos brings absolutely everything upon himself. That was a blatant lie about his gesture too. It was clearly a throat slitting action.

Theyve also got away with plenty over the years. Which they seem to forget about.

Diclonius
30-12-2019, 01:29 PM
The sad thing is this one statement will do more to bring in VAR than anything anyone else (bar Celtic) says.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Morelos brings absolutely everything upon himself. That was a blatant lie about his gesture too. It was clearly a throat slitting action.

Theyve also got away with plenty over the years. Which they seem to forget about.

I don’t think he does bring it on himself, he’s clearly a target because he’s such a good player. I took the slit throat gesture as game over copying the undertaker, not he’s going to kill some wee granny behind the dugout.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 01:30 PM
The sad thing is this one statement will do more to bring in VAR than anything anyone else (bar Celtic) says.

The ironic thing is that VAR would assist the rest of the country against the decisions the old firm get weekly.

Johnny Clash
30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
.. and predictably no statement about Morelos blatantly cheating, nonsense stuff about not really making throat cutting gestures and no comment about, once again,one of Gerrard’s backroom staff getting sent off!

Vault Boy
30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Can't believe we don't have goal line technology yet.

VAR can do one.

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Goal line technology would make sense.

VAR - my worry is the muppets doing it could really make a worse mess than the English league.

The best thing Scottish football could do is microphone the refs so we can hear the decisions.

Regarding the Huns players...gun celebration and slitting throat should be 4 game max ban similar to Lennons aeroplane celebration.

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Goal line technology would work because its factual. There isnt a debate about it.

VAR up here would still find a way to benefit celtic and rangers iver the rest. Mainly due to the fact no one would be able to hear whats being said or how theyve come to that conclusion. The australian league are starting to get it right. Heres a couple of examples:

https://twitter.com/YesWeCrann/status/1211260925703081988?s=19

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1210523770026217472?s=19

Thats a far better set up than the current shambles down south imo.

Carheenlea
30-12-2019, 01:40 PM
They claim to be one of the most successful clubs in the world with 119 trophies to their name. This refereeing conspiracy against them has yet to bear fruit.

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 01:45 PM

VAR - my worry is the muppets doing it could really make a worse mess than the English league.

The best thing Scottish football could do is microphone the refs so we can hear the decisions.

Regarding the Huns players...gun celebration and slitting throat should be 4 game max ban similar to Lennons aeroplane celebration.

What was that all about, holding a pretend gun to his head?

hibsbollah
30-12-2019, 01:48 PM
The tone of the statement is childish, partial, deeply unprofessional, and has Jim Traynors fingerprints all over it.

But I quite like how bad it makes them look.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 01:49 PM

Probably retaliation to the ira songs being sang?

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Presumably the authorities can ignore it, as they would deny there were any songs that would have provoked him, in the first place.

Carheenlea
30-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Lennon also made the “throat slit” gesture towards the 4th official on his managerial debut at Hibs resulting in a 5 match ban.

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 01:54 PM

Probably selflessly pointing to his head to tell celtic fans to have a wee think before they shout anything untowards at him. Another Govan saint, where would we be without scottish footballs guardian angels?

RoxburghHibs
I don’t think he does bring it on himself, he’s clearly a target because he’s such a good player. I took the slit throat gesture as game over copying the undertaker, not he’s going to kill some wee granny behind the dugout.

First part is nonsense, there are plenty of good players in the league who get on with their game, Morelos is a horrible character who only gets this attention due to his own actions nobody else's. I do tend to agree with the second part of your post, in that his intentions were to say "game over", and not a death threat. However it was still very stupid to do this especially in a derby match.

From memory Lennon got banned for 5 games for making a similar gesture in a Europa League tie. Again his intentions were not threatening but to say "game over".

JimBHibees
Morelos is a wonderful player but an absolute weapon. Let's remember how many red cards he got rescinded last season wrongly and yet he conitinues to act in the same way. For a club with such a superiority complex they don't half love to play the victim.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Can't imagine anything worse than this beta version of VAR with the absolutely awful Scottish referees operating it.

VAR will be great some day but it needs polished and the ****ing idiots operating it need training.

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Or he is a complete roaster.

Aldo
30-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Bad losers and even worse when they win.

Nothing about Morelos and his cheating antics etc but trying to justify his and others actions.

Look at the state of one of their coaches, the same one who was at the centre of it all at ER, sent off. So they have issues with both on-field and off field behaviour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Probably selflessly pointing to his head to tell celtic fans to have a wee think before they shout anything untowards at him. Another Govan saint, where would we be without scottish footballs guardian angels?

Ah.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Presumably the authorities can ignore it, as they would deny there were any songs that would have provoked him, in the first place.

Very true.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Or he is a complete roaster.

Probably that also. Mix it all together and you get the action.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Can't imagine anything worse than this beta version of VAR with the absolutely awful Scottish referees operating it.

VAR will be great some day but it needs polished and the ****ing idiots operating it need training.

Can just imagine the Scottish version going to tam on huns telly for the verdict 😂😂

St Mirren v Hearts relegation decider: VAR penalty St Mirren, what’s the outcome going to be: Tam - “what school did the Austrian forward go tae”

I’ve just written next years only an excuse 😉

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 02:08 PM
Can just imagine the Scottish version going to tam on huns telly for the verdict 😂😂

Nah, VAR would be run from the local Lodge.

Rumble de Thump
30-12-2019, 02:09 PM
If they had VAR for that game Celtic would have been asked retake the penalty and McGregor would have been booked for moving forward off his line before the penalty was taken.

RoxburghHibs
30-12-2019, 02:10 PM
If they had VAR for that game Celtic would have been asked retake the penalty and McGregor would have been booked for moving forward off his line before the penalty was taken.

:agree:

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 02:12 PM

St Mirren v Hearts relegation decider: VAR penalty St Mirren, what’s the outcome going to be: Tam - “what school did the Austrian forward go tae”

I’ve just written next years only an excuse 😉

And it didn't take you much longer than Jonathan Watson. Shockaroony, whers ra burdz?

.Sean.
30-12-2019, 02:17 PM

Hunbelievable statement

Agreed though Morelos is a dirty wee rat who brings it on himself and deserves everything he gets and more

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:21 PM
And it didn't take you much longer than Jonathan Watson. Shockaroony, whers ra burdz?

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
30-12-2019, 02:23 PM
I despise that club. Their pomposity is unreal. The SFA should do them for bringing the game into disrepute by all these statements.

Logie Green
30-12-2019, 02:24 PM
We'd be the only country in the world which would need two versions of VAR. A proddy wan and a kafflik wan.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:33 PM
First part is nonsense, there are plenty of good players in the league who get on with their game, Morelos is a horrible character who only gets this attention due to his own actions nobody else's. I do tend to agree with the second part of your post, in that his intentions were to say "game over", and not a death threat. However it was still very stupid to do this especially in a derby match.

From memory Lennon got banned for 5 games for making a similar gesture in a Europa League tie. Again his intentions were not threatening but to say "game over".

I don’t think any player in the league gets victimised as much as Morelos, who is simply the best player in the country also. It’s not rubbish.

I don’t think he cares if it was a stupid thing to do in a derby match he’s got 60,000 people giving him abuse. I would have loved it if squirrel done similar nor did I think it was stupid he gave it the two fingers and the slide to the hearts fans.

Europa league and domestic league is completely different although I think the boy will get another two games or so onto his ban. Which is a shame as he’s got Hearts coming up.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Saying poor wee Alfredo is just misunderstood and picked on :faf:

Is the same Rangers whose fans wanted Neil Lennon arrested because he cupped his ears at Ibrox?

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Saying poor wee Alfredo is just misunderstood and picked on :faf:

Is the same Rangers whose fans wanted Neil Lennon arrested because he cupped his ears at Ibrox?

Very good point 👍

Lago
30-12-2019, 02:38 PM

VAR can do one.
Spot on..

HoboHarry
30-12-2019, 02:41 PM
They are too stupid over there to work out that they will lose more from the disappearance of "honest mistakes" than they will gain.......

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 02:53 PM
I don’t think any player in the league gets victimised as much as Morelos, who is simply the best player in the country also. It’s not rubbish.

I don’t think he cares if it was a stupid thing to do in a derby match he’s got 60,000 people giving him abuse. I would have loved it if squirrel done similar nor did I think it was stupid he gave it the two fingers and the slide to the hearts fans.

Europa league and domestic league is completely different although I think the boy will get another two games or so onto his ban. Which is a shame as he’s got Hearts coming up.

Boyle gave a sign similar to the V for victory sign, he did not give the "two fingers" to the hearts fans as you suggested.

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 02:54 PM

How is he in anyway victimised? Last season he got away with 2 or 3 reds which other players would not have. Many including his own manager agreed his behaviour was unacceptable. He has been better this season however continues to play on the edge and deservedly got sent off for cheating again yesterday. In no way is he victimised at all.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2019, 03:03 PM

Any chance you could show us which red card Morellos was victimised with? And best player in the country? [emoji23]
He couldn’t lace Edouard’s boots.
Secco have a cracking team this year but it’s nonsense to suggest Morellos is the best in Scotland.

HoboHarry
30-12-2019, 03:04 PM

I can only imagine you were in fits of laughter writing that....

Aldo
30-12-2019, 03:07 PM
SFA statement will be along the lines of

Nothing to see here!

Remember who he plays fir!

Smartie
30-12-2019, 03:10 PM
It’s an ongoing disgrace that our authorities continue to allow this particular club to stir up trouble.

Morelos brings every single bit of bother on himself.

They’ve got a good team and had an excellent result yesterday. It’s a shame that a little bit of dignity seems so far beyond them.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Did I miss the part about Kent's gun gesture after he scored?

Bostonhibby
30-12-2019, 03:20 PM
I preferred the now defunct Glasgow rangers to sevco to be honest, never had to endure these diatribes when they were around.

Maybe they'll chill a bit if they eventually win a proper trophy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Boyle gave a sign similar to the V for victory sign, he did not give the "two fingers" to the hearts fans as you suggested.

Am I being thick but Boyle put up 2 fingers for 2 goals ???

Kent gun to head and crowd really isn’t the message a professional player should be giving off after scoring a goal in a Derby full of hatred.

Add in Morelos slitting his throat as he walked off - the NFL banned players from doing this in 1999 for a reason.

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 03:24 PM
I preferred the now defunct Glasgow rangers to sevco to be honest, never had to endure these diatribes when they were around.

Maybe they'll chill a bit if they eventually win a proper trophy.

Theyre like a wee teenager angry at the world cause theyve never had their hole. The trophy virgins.

RoxburghHibs
30-12-2019, 03:27 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Morelos is not victimised (that's just typical Hun's playing the victim card) and he's not the best player in the league. He is one of the best, I give you that, but not THE best. His antics on the pitch (diving/cheating at every opportunity) are his own doing and the reason he is disliked by the vast majority of opposition fans. I also agree with you in that he doesn't care about his actions but that doesn't make it less stupid. I hope they chuck the book at him, but sadly, as you say he will no doubt only get an extra game or two added to his suspension.

So yes it is rubbish what you posted.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2019, 03:34 PM
They are beyond parody!! They have fans who have rampaged across many towns and cities caused numerous riots and are world famous for it. Hibs fans do some admittedly stupid things and Gerrard says we need the get our house in order. For the 46 years of me following Hibs Der Hun have been given more than any club, even celtic, decisions that are beyond comprehension. Now they want VAR brought in because they may have been in the wrong end of a decision. **** off you blood sucking parasites. Everyone hates you, there is good reason for it but you do care. It's why you have it in for Hibs more than ever, we get under your skin because we hate you and have taken a liking to beating you, in particular in May 2016. As for Morelos being picked on, give it a rest. He was sent off 5 times last season and had other reds rescinded that would have stood if he played for other clubs. As I say just **** right off with your pathetic statements

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Am I being thick but Boyle put up 2 fingers for 2 goals ???

Kent gun to head and crowd really isn’t the message a professional player should be giving off after scoring a goal in a Derby full of hatred.

Add in Morelos slitting his throat as he walked off - the NFL banned players from doing this in 1999 for a reason.

Yes, the 2 fingers were for the goals, the post I was replying to said he gave hearts fans the "two fingers" which is completely different.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 03:35 PM
The Rangers have released a statement saying Alfredo Morelos was subjected to racist abuse from a section of Celtic fans : SSN

RoxburghHibs
30-12-2019, 03:36 PM
I would have loved it if squirrel done similar nor did I think it was stupid he gave it the two fingers and the slide to the hearts fans.

Hmmmm

Squirrel gave a V sign (not "two fingers" - so yet again you are talking rubbish) to signify his second goal and his celebration was not in any way abusive. You on the wind up?

:yamlaugh:

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Breaking news on sky sports is about Morelos claiming he was racially abused.

Like the VAR statement in the VICTORY against Celtic..are they trying to rub it in and make a statement to everyone that they won yesterday ??

What about all the bigotry we are subjected to when they travel to play us ? Any statements about that ??

RoxburghHibs
30-12-2019, 03:38 PM
The Rangers have released a statement saying Alfredo Morelos was subjected to racist abuse from a section of Celtic fans : SSN

If true that is shocking but something about this stinks...

The Count
30-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Well lets wait and see if they admit they got a lucky/ wrong decision in their favour in the weeks to come against the other teams in the league.They will say nought.That club must have the biggest brass neck in world football.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 03:50 PM
If true that is shocking but something about this stinks...
Sounds as though The Rangers are at the wynd up

Playing the victim card no one likes us we don’t care

Looks as though Gerrard has bought into their siege mentality he was like Maradona on coke at the final whistle

I am convinced the Hun Coach that got sent to the stand was the same as the one at Easter Road

No excuse for racist or sectarian abuse at the football by the way

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 03:56 PM
We VAR the peepell

Mantis Toboggan
30-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Day after they finally win away to Celtic and they come out with this self obsessed BS. Truly pathetic.

EdinMike
30-12-2019, 04:02 PM
We VAR the peepell

Might as well close the thread, we have a winner ! 😅

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 04:04 PM
We VAR the peepell

And the winner of the best HIBS.net post 2019 goes to...

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Imagine the VAR review panel at a huns game almost as impartial as the refs supervisor

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Any chance you could show us which red card Morellos was victimised with? And best player in the country? [emoji23]
He couldn’t lace Edouard’s boots.
Secco have a cracking team this year but it’s nonsense to suggest Morellos is the best in Scotland.

I reckon he’s the best in the league as well. His goals record speaks for itself. 28 goals in 35 games is exceptional.

I’ve not saw a player in Scotland for a long time that is so involved in every game.

Halmyre Hibee
30-12-2019, 04:13 PM
When are they going to issue a statement regarding their sectarian chants? Let’s prioritise the important things first. FIFA should step in as the SFA & SPFL turn a blind eye.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Best to wait and see what Kris Commons has to say.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 04:18 PM

I didn’t even think he gave the v for victory, he was just pointing out how many goals he had scored. He was giving it to the scarf twirling ****s and it was delightful. Same as Morelos was when they had won the game at Parkhead. Why cry about it?

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Imagine the VAR review panel at a huns game almost as impartial as the refs supervisor

Some wooden hut in the Ibrox car park for huns games.

The thing about VAR is you also need the camera set up at stadiums for it to work. Currently some match footage is just 1 camera where as EPL games have many more.

Even the English Championship doesn’t have VAR and that league has more money than Scotland.

Goal line technology is what needs to be sorted first - but we can’t even sort tickets for a simple game at Livi so this league organisation doesn’t hold much hope.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 04:26 PM
When are they going to issue a statement regarding their sectarian chants? Let’s prioritise the important things first. FIFA should step in as the SFA & SPFL turn a blind eye.

Agree but we need to stop throwing bottles and attacking their players first

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 04:30 PM
This statement has to be unique in that it appears to be deflecting attention away from a well earned victory by the team.

Unless it's deflecting from something we don't know about yet. Gerrard looked a wee bit pumped up at the end.

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Agree but we need to stop throwing bottles and attacking their players first

Why first ?

Can they not be done at same time ?

Plenty examples of fans on pitch in other games and even Old Firm games.

Keep saying it but bottles and fans on pitch etc will continue unless Scottish FA make a stand about fan behaviour but nothing has happened so fans will continue to act up.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2019, 04:34 PM
So this could open up a can of worms for the SFA/SPFL. Was he possibly called a black *******, undoubtedly racist and disgraceful. An orange ******* or a Fenian *******. All three are racist and should be clamped down on. Which of the three are always ignored??????

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Carpet / brush springs to mind racist/sectarian what’s the difference

Carheenlea
30-12-2019, 04:44 PM
The uncensored footage - can’t really make it out what’s being shouted myself

https://mobile.twitter.com/blustugers/status/1211595265918095361

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 04:45 PM
I didn’t even think he gave the v for victory, he was just pointing out how many goals he had scored. He was giving it to the scarf twirling ****s and it was delightful. Same as Morelos was when they had won the game at Parkhead. Why cry about it?

Did you even read my post?

SIMILAR TO.

Palm facing the fans.

He DID NOT give the two fingers to the hearts fans as you claimed. Palm facing away from the fans.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2019, 04:46 PM
I’m totally in favour of docking points for any mass chanting of racism or sectarianism.
And I’m totally in favour of heavy fines for clubs where individuals invade the pitch or throw things on the pitch. Even closing sections of a stadium if it’s persistently involved in these events.
Hopefully Sevco are fully on board.[emoji106]

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 04:50 PM

SIMILAR TO.

Palm facing the fans.

He DID NOT give the two fingers to the hearts fans as you claimed. Palm facing away from the fans.
It was I’ve scored two let it *** go

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Mixu done with 3

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Why first ?

Can they not be done at same time ?

Plenty examples of fans on pitch in other games and even Old Firm games.

Keep saying it but bottles and fans on pitch etc will continue unless Scottish FA make a stand about fan behaviour but nothing has happened so fans will continue to act up.

Agree but on the night in question they sung sectarian songs for ninety minutes loud and clear for all the world to hear but we lost the moral high ground when idiots in our own support decided to lob obstacles at their Croatian diving left back and we also have the Tavernier attack and the bottle of Buckie getting thrown at the Celtic player trying to take a corner it has to stop!

Rumble de Thump
30-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Tavernier wasn't attacked.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 05:23 PM

SIMILAR TO.

Palm facing the fans.

Yes. Did you read my post? I didn’t say once Boyle gave hearts fans the two finger salute, v for victory or anything. He simply stuck two fingers not offensive in any way to show how many goals he had scored.

Go and show me where “I claimed” he gave them “the” two fingers.

You won’t, send your apologies in the post 👍

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 05:26 PM
It was I’ve scored two let it *** go

Correct.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Tavernier wasn't attacked.
Reported in some press as attacked but confronted probably nearer the truth banned for life from Easter Road nevertheless probably wished he hadn’t bothered when Tav squared up to him

Joe6-2
30-12-2019, 05:29 PM

VAR can do one.

This

Joe6-2
30-12-2019, 05:30 PM
F*** them

Rumble de Thump
30-12-2019, 05:35 PM
A big difference regarding this sort of stuff is that Hibs actually acknowledge and deal with issues. With Sevco it's all denial and deflection tactics. With Sevco it's also a majority of fans that cause problems.

Neil Doncaster's comments from the other week:

"It's extremely encouraging to see the significant investment which Hibs have made in a state-of-the-art CCTV system paying off.

"Their ability to identify the alleged perpetrators so swiftly is great news for the game and I want to congratulate Leeann Dempster for her robust approach to this issue."

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 05:38 PM
So Morelos’ gesture means it’s finished in South America? That’s great and all that, but that’s not what it means here, in Scotland, where he done it.

In some countries it’s illegal to be homosexual. Any players from these countries presumably have carte blanche to fling homophobic abuse around while in Britain because it’s ok back home?

allmodcons
30-12-2019, 05:43 PM

Bull****. We are Rangers super Rangers no one likes us ..............................

I'd be ashamed if our club released the kind press statements these ****wits put out.

They bring shame on our game and have no right complaining about anything until they make a serious effort at cleaning up the bigotry that they thrive on.

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Can anybody tell me what gesture Morelos made?

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Reported in some press as attacked but confronted probably nearer the truth banned for life from Easter Road nevertheless probably wished he hadn’t bothered when Tav squared up to him

Tav? How very familiar.

surreyhibbie
30-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Can anybody tell me what gesture Morelos made?

He made a throat cutting gesture to the Celtc fans

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 06:17 PM

Which of course was really an it’s finished gesture.. if you’re in South America.. which unfortunately for him he wasn’t.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Which of course was really an it’s finished gesture.. if you’re in South America.. which unfortunately for him he wasn’t.

Ryan Kent’s wee shotgun gestures on the other hand....

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 06:19 PM

Right, I'm not sure how serious that is, but it's probably not something he shouldn't be doing.

For me, it is usually accompanied by the word "kaput" in bad gangster movies. It's also used along with "cut" in film production.

If I was his manager, I'd tell him not to do it in future. It could easily be taken the wrong way in a volatile situation.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Tav? How very familiar.

Couldnae be arsed typing oot Tavernier not a Hun honest :greengrin

Carheenlea
30-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Right, I'm not sure how serious that is, but it's probably not something he shouldn't be doing.

For me, it is usually accompanied by the word "kaput" in bad gangster movies. It's also used along with "cut" in film production.

If I was his manager, I'd tell him not to do it in future. It could easily be taken the wrong way in a volatile situation.

It was serious enough for Lennon to be given a 5 match ban from UEFA.

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 06:25 PM
It was serious enough for Lennon to be given a 5 match ban from UEFA.

Then he should get the same. Perhaps the gesture is why NewHun seem so keen to talk about things that could be discussed any week.

It seems strange to be talking about all this when they got a win yesterday.

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Hello hello we are the var boys
Hello hello Stevie makes a lot of noise
Hes bought into Irish pish
So he will surrender (if he knew what the *** what meant or just buying into pandering to the nuckle draggers

Joe6-2
30-12-2019, 06:37 PM
This would get absolutely get no mention if any other club in Scotland made this statement, except the other poisonous half
They don’t do irony either ‘reduce the number of wrong decisions’ are they f***in joking?!!

Joe6-2
30-12-2019, 06:39 PM

Cant believe this hasn’t been mentioned anywhere, I was absolutely gobsmacked when he did it

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Interestingly the editing of sportscene seemed to not show Kents bizarre celebration.

Waxy
30-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Can we call them Rangvars?

Weegreenman
30-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Wonder if VAR would have caught their supporters booing during the minutes silence? Absolute vermin!

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Interestingly the editing of sportscene seemed to not show Kents bizarre celebration.

The newspapers editors caught it this morning. Might appear vindictive but gesticulating like this vs the punishment meted out to a simple “up youse” needs some action I think.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Wonder if VAR would have caught their supporters booing during the minutes silence? Absolute vermin!

It was a minutes noise my friend not a silence.

Cardinal G
30-12-2019, 08:52 PM
They love a statement, their fans will love it though

Noticed when clicking link they still have statement from 22nd May 2016 on home page.
You would have thought as it was all proven to be incorrect that they would have expunged it from their records, then again I guess they still believe its all true.

greenlex
30-12-2019, 08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/status/1211696657412304901?s=21

Is It On....
30-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Over the years? The Rangers have only been around a since 2012 and their success amounts to a few lower league flags and the Petrofac Cup 😂 They do however strongly resemble an extinct club with their superiority complex, nasty sectarian overtones and spending beyond their income. I hope they go extinct soon as well.

FilipinoHibs
31-12-2019, 12:01 AM
My father is South American from near Columbia and I can assure you Morelos's gesture means I will slit your throat and you will be dead.

Even the Columbian media are condemning him for bringing shame on their country. Only the Huns making up stories about the gesture's meaning in South America.

mim
31-12-2019, 12:01 AM
I assume Rangers will be hammered by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.
That has been the standard procedure when disparaging comments are made by clubs about refereeing decisions. :rolleyes:

Johnny Clash
31-12-2019, 12:24 AM
I assume Rangers will be hammered by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.
That has been the standard procedure when disparaging comments are made by clubs about refereeing decisions. :rolleyes:

Well said. It’s pathetic the way they are trying to dodge taking responsibility for this. There’s no excuse for that inflammatory gesture which has the same obvious meaning throughout the world.

Weegreenman
31-12-2019, 12:33 AM
It was a minutes noise my friend not a silence.

Well if we’re going to get all pedantic ☺️ about it, I think you’ll find it’s called a minutes applause my friend. 😉

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Huns never even wore black arm bands total lack of respect bearing in mind it was to mark the passing of two ex Celtic players

Horrible horrible club

JimBHibees
31-12-2019, 07:23 AM

Which of course it isn't in South America either according to the tweet by Tom English re a Colombian media outlet.

JimBHibees
31-12-2019, 07:24 AM

You assume wrong I reckon. :greengrin

AltheHibby
31-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Perhaps their predecessor's song needs updating?

Hello, hello, we are the tribute act,
Our old manager, he wore a magic hat,
We're winning in the statement league,
And in the lies league too,
And bringing bigotry to you.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 07:53 AM
I look forward to hearing what they think about this.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/man-holding-ulster-flag-outside-catholic-primary-school-condemned-by-social-media-users-188855/

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 08:09 AM
Yes. Did you read my post? I didn’t say once Boyle gave hearts fans the two finger salute, v for victory or anything. He simply stuck two fingers not offensive in any way to show how many goals he had scored.

You won’t, send your apologies in the post ��

Well, if you insist.
"Ask, and it will be given you. Seek, and you willfind. Knock, and it will be opened for you.

Now you will maybe give it a rest. :greengrin

And don't bother with an apology, I know it wouldn't be meant.

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2019, 08:10 AM
I didn’t say once Boyle gave hearts fans the two finger salute, v for victory or anything. He simply stuck two fingers not offensive in any way to show how many goals he had scored.

You won’t, send your apologies in the post 👍

Here you go....

You posted "nor did I think it was stupid he gave it the two fingers and the slide to the hearts fans"

Giving "the two fingers' as you posted above is completely different to what Squirrel actually did. The two fingers is an "up yours" gesture, what Squirrel gave was the 'peace salute' (hand is in opposite direction) to say to them "I have scored two goals".

I'm surprised anyone would compare this in anyway to what Morelos did?! :rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 08:11 AM

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/man-holding-ulster-flag-outside-catholic-primary-school-condemned-by-social-media-users-188855/

Oh dear!

easty
31-12-2019, 08:13 AM

They’d probably claim the guy was from Columbia, and that over there “despise” means “greatly respect”.

hibsbollah
31-12-2019, 09:03 AM

It's that kind of little gesture that gives me a warm feeling of hope inside for the future of the human race in 2020. Cheers:drunk::sick:

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 09:18 AM
My father is South American from near Columbia and I can assure you Morelos's gesture means I will slit your throat and you will be dead.

Even the Columbian media are condemning him for bringing shame on their country. Only the Huns making up stories about the gesture's meaning in South America.

Have you got a link?

easty
31-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Have you got a link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1211696657412304901

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Have you got a link?

The only one I could find was the one tom english tweeted, even then it quotes the daily record so havent really said much about it

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 09:34 AM

That makes me mad!!!

Does nobody know how to use an apostrophe?

:grr:

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 09:37 AM
That makes me mad!!!

He's got the flag the wrong way round too. Must have done the whole thing in a hurry, due to the mob of Cafflicks on the other side of the fence.

Betty Boop
31-12-2019, 09:45 AM
The uncensored footage - can’t really make it out what’s being shouted myself

https://mobile.twitter.com/blustugers/status/1211595265918095361

Are you deaf ? You can quite clearly hear black b and orange b.

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Mental to think that this still exists in society today

Bristolhibby
31-12-2019, 09:53 AM
They are too stupid over there to work out that they will lose more from the disappearance of "honest mistakes" than they will gain.......

This.

Bring on VAR. Except I would prefer the wee booth for the ref to own the decision.

Oh, and mike up the refs like they do in the NFL so the whole stadium can understand what is being checked.

J

Vault Boy
31-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Mental to think that this still exists in society today

The power of ignorance I suppose.

They really are two cheeks of the same stinking ****. Bunch of sad, sad individuals.

Bristolhibby
31-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Replace Catholic’s with Muslims and have him outside a mosque and we have a hate crime.

Or let’s flip it even further, a Muslim in front of my kids Church of England school with an ISIS flag saying “We despise Christians”.

Same rules apply to this. Hope he’s looking forward to a knock on the door.

Oh, but it’s alright, because they are “the peepul”.

What a horrible human.

J

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Replace Catholic’s with Muslims and have him outside a mosque and we have a hate crime.

Or let’s flip it even further, a Muslim in front of my kids Church of England school with an ISIS flag saying “We despise Christians”.

What a horrible human.

J

Good point, the fact that it's a primary school is particularly sinister.

AltheHibby
31-12-2019, 10:17 AM
That makes me mad!!!

Glad I'm not the only grammar nazi on here!

FilipinoHibs
31-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Have you got a link?

Sorry in Spanish but refers to his throat cutting gesture bringing disgrace to Columbia.

https://gol.caracoltv.com/colombianos-en-el-exterior/alfredo-morelos-cierra-el-ano-con-criticas-e-investigado-por-polemico-gesto-tras-ser-expulsado-ie22789

BoomtownHibees
31-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Sounds like Hun Basturt to me 🤷🏻*♂️

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Sorry in Spanish but refers to his throat cutting gesture bringing disgrace to Columbia.

https://gol.caracoltv.com/colombianos-en-el-exterior/alfredo-morelos-cierra-el-ano-con-criticas-e-investigado-por-polemico-gesto-tras-ser-expulsado-ie22789

Where does it say he brought disgrace to Columbia?

InchHibby
31-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Could anyone honestly trust our officials with VAR technology, they can’t even get the basics right half the time and as for the fourth official, what exactly does he do, even the linesmen/Women can’t make a decision on a simple throw in when it’s a yard away from them.
And tell me this, how many dodgy decisions over the years have went the way of the Bigot Brothers, you couldn’t count them yet one or two dodgy decisions against them and all hell is let loose.
I say leave it the fech where it is and as someone else said on this thread, what about the simple one, goal line technology.
But I bet you a pound to a penny that now one of the Bigot mobs have spoken, it won’t be too long until we have it, it’s just the normal way in this league, the only league in the entire world that listens to and adheres to two clubs only.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Was it a reference to the Columbian necktie?

Jack Hackett
31-12-2019, 11:20 AM
That makes me mad!!!

Nobody cares any more apparently

https://www.theguardian.com/education/shortcuts/2019/dec/02/the-pedants-pedant-why-the-apostrophe-protection-society-has-closed-in-disgust

Betty Boop
31-12-2019, 11:20 AM

Aye nae bother.

sleeping giant
31-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Aye nae bother.

Thats what i tbought it sounded like tbf.

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Have they released a statement yet condemning the equally abhorrent sectarianism by a much greater number of their own support?

Has there been any requests for urgent investigations and statements of zero tolerance?

Have they threatened the perpetrators with Banning Orders?

BoomtownHibees
31-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Aye nae bother.

You know best 👍🏼

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Have they released a statement yet condemning the equally abhorrent sectarianism by a much greater number of their own support?

Has there been any requests for urgent investigations and statements of zero tolerance?

Have they threatened the perpetrators with Banning Orders?

No but they have been offered posts with the orange order :wink:

Scott Allan Key
31-12-2019, 12:37 PM

The biggest problem with VAR down south IMO is the VAR coming into play in hair's breadth offside decisions that really should never be contested and just allowed to stand.

Scott Allan Key
31-12-2019, 12:42 PM

What a horrible human.

J

Not a good example because the suggestion you give simply doesn't happen, whereas thousands sing songs about murdering Catholics from fellow 'Christians'.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2019, 12:47 PM

I must be deaf as well as I definitely can't clearly hear any reference to "black" in that video either. There's a "hun" shouted but can't hear "black" that's not to say it wasn't shouted by the way but I would be wanting more conclusive evidence than this video in terms of proof.

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Not a good example because the suggestion you give simply doesn't happen, whereas thousands sing songs about murdering Catholics from fellow 'Christians'.

Don't know if you saw the news yesterday, but there appears to have been a targeted campaign against synagogues. Offensive graffiti sprayed in London.

This guy, standing outside a Catholic school, to cause offense can't be too far away from what happened down south.

Police Scotland need to act. I can understand the difficulty in making arrests in large crowds. It's too straightforward here for them to have any excuse.

CockneyRebel
31-12-2019, 12:51 PM
That makes me mad!!!

Go! Away! ..... and maybe do something useful for a change!

Cabbage East
31-12-2019, 12:53 PM

I’ve read this twice now and I’m getting a stench...

JohnMcM
31-12-2019, 02:07 PM

Aww!
The poor wee misunderstood and misquoted little angel.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the written message before it was doctored by the Fenian press, was originally "We love to baptise Catholics".

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Aww!
The poor wee misunderstood and misquoted little angel.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the written message before it was doctored by the Fenian press, was originally "We love to baptise Catholics".

The good news is that he will be seeing in the new year in a police cell. He has previous and was arrested.

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 02:15 PM
The good news is that he will be seeing in the new year in a police cell. He has previous and was arrested.

Will BBC Glasgow grow a pair, and report it in the same way that graffiti on Mosques was earlier this year? I suspect it will go into the "I was a wee bit pished" bit at the end of the news.

"And finally, boys will be boys, take a look at this numpty in Inverness. what.is.he.like?"

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 02:16 PM
The Rangers issue statement claiming Morelos was abused by one guy because he is Black*.

Meanwhile, 1,500 Nendarthals among his own support are singing songs decrying his religion.

Irony?

* Is he even Black? :dunno:

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 02:34 PM
I must be deaf as well as I definitely can't clearly hear any reference to "black" in that video either. There's a "hun" shouted but can't hear "black" that's not to say it wasn't shouted by the way but I would be wanting more conclusive evidence than this video in terms of proof.

7 seconds in one guy shouts black b@@@@@d

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Sorry I must be missing that as I hear "ya orange b*" & "ya hun b*" shouted several times but no reference to his colour? The audio isn't great to be fair.

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2019, 02:43 PM

I've played this clip from 7 seconds, on my headphones, to make sure I can hear the comments, and someone clearly shouts "Hun bas***d".

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 02:49 PM
I've played this clip from 7 seconds, on my headphones, to make sure I can hear the comments, and someone clearly shouts "Hun bas***d".

Not had it with headphones but I thought he said black but the quality isnt great

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Not had it with headphones but I thought he said black but the quality isnt great

I really can't hear "black b" in this clip but that doesn't mean it wasn't shouted at him.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2019, 03:10 PM

I've just listened to it again with earphones in and it sounds like the person's shouting "hun *******" but I'd say it's inconclusive.

Deansy
31-12-2019, 03:19 PM

They took no action when they found out Rangers had been cheating the Scottish game for at least a decade so I think you're wrong with your assumption !

Deansy
31-12-2019, 03:24 PM

From the article -

'He said: "Share this folks. Let's hope his employers and future employers see this'

The picture shows the guy's IQ so it's probably unlikely he's ever been employed !

we are hibs
31-12-2019, 03:25 PM
See christie is getting a 2 game ban for grabbing morelos goolies.

Did morelos not do the same to brown last season? Where was his ban? But but but this victimisation of poor alfredo has to stop!

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 03:26 PM

Yep. Clearly hear “Black B.....,”. Totally unacceptable and allows for a huge amount of deflection from the The Rangers’ spin room. What an idiot. Racist idiot !!!!!

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 03:36 PM

Good news indeed Moulin. Bad enough doing it at all but to pull a stunt like that outside an infant school makes it especially sinister.
Two of my aunts taught at that primary school many years ago. Not that that is important in this context but just majorly disappointed at how people seem to have changed in Inverness over the years. There was always such a good community spirit there.

Callum_62
31-12-2019, 03:45 PM
See christie is getting a 2 game ban for grabbing morelos goolies.

Did morelos not do the same to brown last season? Where was his ban? But but but this victimisation of poor alfredo has to stop!So Alan McGregors Kung foo kick at ajerast year wasn't cited but what looked like an accidental grab of the baws is?

Mental.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Yep. Clearly hear “Black B.....,”. Totally unacceptable and allows for a huge amount of deflection from the The Rangers’ spin room. What an idiot. Racist idiot !!!!!

It's clearly "hun bassa" at 7 seconds but still unacceptable.

Carheenlea
31-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Good news indeed Moulin. Bad enough doing it at all but to pull a stunt like that outside an infant school makes it especially sinister.
Two of my aunts taught at that primary school many years ago. Not that that is important in this context but just majorly disappointed at how people seem to have changed in Inverness over the years. There was always such a good community spirit there.

I think it’s fair to say that the incident is less to do with deep rooted personal religious bigotry, but more to do with having limited intellectual capacity and carrying out an act of religious bigotry simply as a consequence of embracing the religiously bigoted baggage that surrounds his favourite team. You just know that guy is a nowhere near a place of worship on a Sunday morning.

There are tens of thousands of people like this clown who share his mentality and follow the same club in Scotland. Rangers could do more to discourage it but seem loathe to do so.

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2019, 04:40 PM
The biggest problem with VAR down south IMO is the VAR coming into play in hair's breadth offside decisions that really should never be contested and just allowed to stand.

Indeed. It should be 2 looks at it, unless a clear fault is evident, play on.

ancient hibee
31-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Having spent over 65 years being abused as a Fenian b*****d by one lot and as an Orange b*****d by the other lot,usually by 2/3000 of them at a time,I think the current furore over Morelos maybe being abused by a couple of people has a long way to go before being the news story of the decade.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2019, 04:58 PM

How's that unacceptable? :confused:

The 90+2
31-12-2019, 05:01 PM
I’ve read this twice now and I’m getting a stench...

Of what exactly,? Tell us how you all feel?

Barney McGrew
31-12-2019, 05:08 PM
How's that unacceptable? :confused:

Because - quite unbelievably- they’ve managed to get hun classed as a sectarian term :rolleyes:

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Because - quite unbelievably- they’ve managed to get hun classed as a sectarian term :rolleyes:

Have they? I know they tried but were rebuffed preciously. Has that changed? If so then I will not be using “hun” in future but perhaps you could point out where You read this please.

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 05:23 PM

The word Bas.... is shouted at players every game. What makes this one so different?

Barney McGrew
31-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Have they? I know they tried but were rebuffed preciously. Has that changed? If so then I will not be using “hun” in future but perhaps you could point out where You read this please.

From Nil By Mouth:

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange *******” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “Fenian” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be)

FWIW, I completely disagree with it being a sectarian term.

we are hibs
31-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Nil by mouth talk ***** and want to pick and choose what is classed as sectarian. Hun isnt.

Carheenlea
31-12-2019, 05:49 PM
The term Hun is not sectarian, it’s simply a term that Huns want classified as sectarian to dilute the disparity of sectarian language that falls largely towards their output.

They don’t like being called Huns and that is as good a reason as any to continue it’s use to describe the type of individual who supports Rangers.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Nonsense, hun is not a sectarian term.

I was baptised in the Church of Scotland and therefore part of the Protestant religion and have never been called a hun in my life.

A hun is a derogatory term for a Rangers fan, it's nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

By the way, I know you're not in agreement with it being a sectarian term, I just can't believe this is a word that's deemed sectarian. It's just garbage.

Barney McGrew
31-12-2019, 06:16 PM
By the way, I know you're not in agreement with it being a sectarian term, I just can't believe this is a word that's deemed sectarian. It's just garbage.

You’re 100% correct, and as Carheenlea says above it’s just an attempt to ‘level up’ how many terms one side can accuse the other side of using.

Rumble de Thump
31-12-2019, 06:21 PM
From Nil By Mouth:

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange *******” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “Fenian” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be)

I don't think they ever explained why they chose to describe Hun as sectarian when everyone knows it isn't. Ironically, it seems to be down to ignorance.

The Harp
31-12-2019, 07:13 PM
The term Hun is not sectarian, it’s simply a term that Huns want classified as sectarian to dilute the disparity of sectarian language that falls largely towards their output.

They don’t like being called Huns and that is as good a reason as any to continue it’s use to describe the type of individual who supports Rangers.

The term 'Hun' was used by many of the original Rangers club supporters to describe Celtic fans back in the day.
It may be a derogatory term, but in no way is it sectarian.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Here you go....

You posted "nor did I think it was stupid he gave it the two fingers and the slide to the hearts fans"

Giving "the two fingers' as you posted above is completely different to what Squirrel actually did. The two fingers is an "up yours" gesture, what Squirrel gave was the 'peace salute' (hand is in opposite direction) to say to them "I have scored two goals".

I'm surprised anyone would compare this in anyway to what Morelos did?! :rolleyes:

Do you think that 90+2 will notice our pointing out the error of his ways 🤔

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 08:20 PM
From Nil By Mouth:

I stand fully corrected. Thank you

Sir David Gray
31-12-2019, 08:23 PM
I stand fully corrected. Thank you

It is, of course, nonsense.

Onion
31-12-2019, 08:31 PM
The term 'Hun' was used by many of the original Rangers club supporters to describe Celtic fans back in the day.

Have heard the term Hun used for 50 years and always to describe Rangers supporters, never Protestants in general. A derogatory term used for ignorant, animals who rampage through towns and cities, have zero respect for anything including themselves, and would cheat their way through life without a seconds thought. Equally applies to Rangers players, from the likes of John Greg - a dirty beast who kicked his way through most decent footballers in Scotland to modern day Morelos. It is the perfect description for everything associated with that club, and should be reserved exclusively for them.

But apparently, "they don't care" :greengrin

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 08:40 PM
It is, of course, nonsense.

Utter nonsense I agree, but it seems that all a person, group of persons, or even a company running a zombie version of a dead club, has to do is pick a word they don’t like and have it declared sectarian or racist. Won’t be long before Brexitere is banned as a word.

I remember being brainwashed at a “diversity” course a few years back and at one point they were banging on about the expression “nitty gritty” claiming it was to do with slave ships. Utter nonsense again. The expression “nitty gritty” appears absolutely nowhere until the 1950s. Same sort of time as itsy bitsy and teeny weeny. But if people repeat a myth often enough then it becomes adopted as truth. The thing is that the “catch all” in these circumstances is that if someone believes it is offensive then it’s offensive. Or that’s what they told me.
There was a lot of good in that course but some utter codswallop too. I kind of gave up on credibility when they ripped apart 250 year old
Philosophical works (David Hume specifically) and nobody could explain why there was not one part of the course dedicated to religious bigotry. Specifically anti catholic bigotry.

So I guess Huns are a sect now 🤔

31-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Protestants have never been institutionally discriminated against in Scotland which is why there is a difference. I’m not sure how people don’t grasp this. I get called a ginger fud on a regular basis and often it’s because I’m ginger. I won’t get massively offended about it until ginger people are sent to the gulags.

The Modfather
31-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Protestants have never been institutionally discriminated against in Scotland which is why there is a difference. I’m not sure how people don’t grasp this. I get called a ginger fud on a regular basis and often it’s because I’m ginger. I won’t get massively offended about it until ginger people are sent to the gulags.

Historical context has a place, but only a small one IMO. In 2019, soon to be 2020, making derogatory comments against people or groups of people you perceive to be Protestant isn’t any different to making derogatory comments against people or groups of people you perceive to be Catholic. One group may or may not have been persecuted over the other, but any kind of religious discrimination is unacceptable regardless of what side of the fence it sits on in 2019.

1875godsgift
31-12-2019, 10:32 PM
From Nil By Mouth:

Nil by Mouth haven't really got much of a clue about sectarian issues have they? :confused:

Jack Hackett
31-12-2019, 10:40 PM
Utter nonsense I agree, but it seems that all a person, group of persons, or even a company running a zombie version of a dead club, has to do is pick a word they don’t like and have it declared sectarian or racist. Won’t be long before Brexitere is banned as a word.

I remember being brainwashed at a “diversity” course a few years back and at one point they were banging on about the expression “nitty gritty” claiming it was to do with slave ships. Utter nonsense again. The expression “nitty gritty” appears absolutely nowhere until the 1950s. Same sort of time as itsy bitsy and teeny weeny. But if people repeat a myth often enough then it becomes adopted as truth. The thing is that the “catch all” in these circumstances is that if someone believes it is offensive then it’s offensive. Or that’s what they told me.
There was a lot of good in that course but some utter codswallop too. I kind of gave up on credibility when they ripped apart 250 year old
Philosophical works (David Hume specifically) and nobody could explain why there was not one part of the course dedicated to religious bigotry. Specifically anti catholic bigotry.

So I guess Huns are a sect now 🤔

The process has started https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/boris-johnson-is-trying-to-ban-the-word-brexit-from-number-10-1-6443097

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 12:24 AM
Have heard the term Hun used for 50 years and always to describe Rangers supporters, never Protestants in general. A derogatory term used for ignorant, animals who rampage through towns and cities, have zero respect for anything including themselves, and would cheat their way through life without a seconds thought. Equally applies to Rangers players, from the likes of John Greg - a dirty beast who kicked his way through most decent footballers in Scotland to modern day Morelos. It is the perfect description for everything associated with that club, and should be reserved exclusively for them.

But apparently, "they don't care" :greengrin

Great description.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 12:28 AM
The Rangers issue statement claiming Morelos was abused by one guy because he is Black*.

Meanwhile, 1,500 Nendarthals among his own support are singing songs decrying his religion.

Irony?

* Is he even Black? :dunno:

He will likely be a mixture of black slaves brought from Africa, indiginous south american indians and spanish. We come out in all shades. I am a light brown.

Carheenlea
01-01-2020, 08:02 AM

That’s interesting, have never heard of that before.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 09:29 AM
A barbarous, destructive person, vandal. Think Manchester UEFA cup final.

An insult against German soldiers in world war 2. Sometimes applied to Germans in general which I think coukd be racist.

Think only Rangers fans fall into the full definition. But can insult our Hun light neighbours.

Bristolhibby
01-01-2020, 10:34 AM
A barbarous, destructive person, vandal. Think Manchester UEFA cup final.

An insult against German soldiers in world war 2. Sometimes applied to Germans in general which I think coukd be racist.

Think only Rangers fans fall into the full definition. But can insult our Hun light neighbours.

The RAF fighter pilots in WW2 said “Beware of the Hun in the Sun”.

Pretty sure that wasn’t aimed at fans of Old Co.

J

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2020, 10:48 AM
The term "Hun" in relation to supporters of the team that died and the subsequent tribute act has its roots in an incident in Liverpool following an Everton v Rangers "friendly" that was marred by drunken violence.

There were a huge number of arrests and when the cases came to court they were reported in the Liverpool Echo whose reporter quoted one of the senior police witnesses as say that "They descended on the city like a horde of marauding huns"

So the term Hun, which predates any german reference, is not sectarian but a reference to unruly barbaric followers of the mighty Atilla whose army sacked Rome.

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 11:47 AM
The term "Hun" in relation to supporters of the team that died and the subsequent tribute act has its roots in an incident in Liverpool following an Everton v Rangers "friendly" that was marred by drunken violence.

There were a hige number of arrests and when the cases came to court they were reported in the Liverpool Echo whose reported quoted one of the senior police witnesses as say that "They descended on the city like a horde of marauding huns"

So the term Hun, which predates any german reference, is not sectarian but a reference to unruly barbaric followers of the mighty Atilla whose army sacked Rome.

Definitely to do with some friendly down south they acted like ****. You’re correct 👍

RoxburghHibs
01-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Do you think that 90+2 will notice our pointing out the error of his ways 🤔

In his words “apology in the post”.

Keith_M
01-01-2020, 07:04 PM
He will likely be a mixture of black slaves brought from Africa, indiginous south american indians and spanish. We come out in all shades. I am a light brown.

Cheers.

:aok:

I think it's an insult to the intelligence of anybody calling him a Black B... that they don't even recognise the guy is actually mixed race.

My personal opinion is that we're all a mixture of some kind, hence my freckles. :)

Keith_M
01-01-2020, 07:07 PM

There were a huge number of arrests and when the cases came to court they were reported in the Liverpool Echo whose reporter quoted one of the senior police witnesses as say that "They descended on the city like a horde of marauding huns"

Wasn't it Birmingham, in a game against Villa?

:dunno:

Bostonhibby
01-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Wasn't it Birmingham, in a game against Villa?

:dunno:Enjoy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-glasgow-rangers-hooliganism-11998382.amp

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Well, if you insist.

Now you will maybe give it a rest. :greengrin

And don't bother with an apology, I know it wouldn't be meant.

Why would I apologise? I know what I meant.

Was a slide offensive? No. Was sticking two fingers up to show how many goals he had scored being offensive? I never at all once indicted he was sticking his fingers up at the hearts fans as a **** you gesture, same as others have stuck three up when scoring a Hattrick.

Maybe you and your wee pal get your facts right. I said at least twice on this thread I wasn’t indicating Boyle flicked the vs at the hearts crowd and I’ve also said on this same thread he was sticking his fingers up to indicate how many he had scored. There was zero malice at all.

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 07:33 PM
In his words “apology in the post”.

Get a room you two 💚💚💚

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Enjoy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-glasgow-rangers-hooliganism-11998382.amp

If only they ****s knew Prince William would grow up a supporter of ‘Villa it would ever have had happened 🙄

Renfrew_Hibby
01-01-2020, 07:45 PM

I think that he will almost certainly be classed 'Afro-mestizo'

Mestizo is the largest ethnic group in Central America, including Mexico and NW South America, where Colombia lies.
Mestizos are are mix of indiginous peoples and peoples of European decent, I would imagine at least 80% of Colombians would class themselves as Mestizo.

Morelos would be afro-mestizo as he obviously also has african ancestry too, many African slaves were transported there to work on plantations.

In our Western European culture, the term and indeed the race that is mestizo isn't really known of or understood so to your average white Briton he would just be 'black' but I'm sure he would regard himself as mestizo.

oldbutdim
01-01-2020, 08:27 PM

Was a slide offensive? No. Was sticking two fingers up to show how many goals he had scored being offensive? I never at all once indicted he was sticking his fingers up at the hearts fans as a **** you gesture, same as others have stuck three up when scoring a Hattrick.

Maybe you and your wee pal get your facts right. I said at least twice on this thread I wasn’t indicating Boyle flicked the vs at the hearts crowd and I’ve also said on this same thread he was sticking his fingers up to indicate how many he had scored. There was zero malice at all.

You'd have been better just saying that your original post wasn't clear - save all the bickering.

You know what you meant.

It just wasn't what you wrote.

Moulin Yarns
01-01-2020, 08:38 PM

🙄

Moulin Yarns
01-01-2020, 08:45 PM

What you meant and what you said were two different things.

You repeatedly claimed that you did not use the term "the two fingers", a well known offensive gesture, but I and another poster produced the exact post that you claimed you didn't make. The proof is in the quote from you.

Anyway, I know what I mean. Nobody said anything about the gesture or celebration being offensive.

Sylar
01-01-2020, 08:49 PM
The tit for tat, vague accusation back and forth from the InFirm since Sunday has been utterly pitiful.

Celtc:"Your players made some bad gestures".
Sevco: "Yeah, but your fans shouted racist/sectarian abuse at them!"
Celtc: "We've not seen any evidence of that, but your fans sung "sickening" chants that we won't expand upon..."
Sevco: "We find the IRA songs to be pretty sickening..."
Celtc: "OK, fine, but your fans launched missiles at our fans - trust us, we know..."
Sevco: "One of our fans was knocked out by a coin!"
Celtc: "Hmmm, well, we still want the SFA to investigate your player and his gestures"
Sevco: "Oh, you mean the player who was sexually assaulted by that Christie chap...that one?".
n

The entire thing is laughable.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 08:49 PM
I think that he will almost certainly be classed 'Afro-mestizo'

Mestizo is the largest ethnic group in Central America, including Mexico and NW South America, where Colombia lies.
Mestizos are are mix of indiginous peoples and peoples of European decent, I would imagine at least 80% of Colombians would class themselves as Mestizo.

Morelos would be afro-mestizo as he obviously also has african ancestry too, many African slaves were transported there to work on plantations.

In our Western European culture, the term and indeed the race that is mestizo isn't really known of or understood so to your average white Briton he would just be 'black' but I'm sure he would regard himself as mestizo.

I would say that is definitely the case. Many of the the indiginous people of South America are very dark brown as they are here. Looking at pictures of his parents, his father is very dark but looks a Spanish/Indian mestizo. His mother is much lighter but looks to have traces of black african. There are certainly some African dna in him as there are in most mestizo's but I would say it us the dominant gene. Any you are right about Northern Europeans being unaware of Mestizos.

Here in the Philippines the Spanish brought mestizos from Latin America to fight wars and colonnise the provinces. They are called Americanos because they had lighter skin than the indigenous people. Now any foreigner is called an Americano while a mestizo is any one of mix foreign/ filipino blood.

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Enjoy

Happened much earlier than that late 40s early 50s I think.

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 09:04 PM
You'd have been better just saying that your original post wasn't clear - save all the bickering.

You know what you meant.

It just wasn't what you wrote.

I never once wrote he gave hearts the **** you/ v sign.

The 90+2
01-01-2020, 09:05 PM
What you meant and what you said were two different things.

You repeatedly claimed that you did not use the term "the two fingers", a well known offensive gesture, but I and another poster produced the exact post that you claimed you didn't make. The proof is in the quote from you.

Anyway, I know what I mean. Nobody said anything about the gesture or celebration being offensive.

Nae bother, you either take me legit or not but at no time I meant Boyle went f-u to the crowd, I wouldn’t even have an issue if he done a Mr Bean when he scored the second tbh.

And you’re right, it could be interpreted differently in the way I wrote my post. I wouldn’t apologise for it regardless of you saying my apologies are meaningless because I would only say sorry if I made an error - which I didn’t. Save your apology for making it personal, because you wouldn’t mean it anyway 😉.

oldbutdim
01-01-2020, 09:10 PM
I never once wrote he gave hearts the **** you/ v sign.

Relentless.
:rolleyes:

I refer to my previous post - just admit you weren't clear and your post was misleading.

Or don't. If it's that important to you to insist in your daft arguments. It's a 'I'm never wrong' position to take.
You seem just incapable of admitting a wee lack of clarity. No idea why.

I'll leave it there, no point in me getting involved in your spat.

I just checked and my missus is sat watching the TV in the other room.
Thank goodness.

I was starting to think you may be her.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Happened much earlier than that late 40s early 50s I think.

Here is trouble at an Everton game in 74:
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/everton-v-rangers-2nd-may-1974.28709/

CMurdoch
01-01-2020, 09:29 PM

As in Atilla the Hun and his people.
The Huns were an Asiatic people from the Steppes in Russia. They invaded Europe and left a trail of destruction which is how fans of Celtic and Hibs see Rangers fans.
Maybe we should start calling Celtic fans huns given their behaviour at away games is very similar. Would be good for a reaction from the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world.

Rangers fans were called huns when I was a kid which was before the 1974 match with Everton quoted above. However, their behaviour at the 1976 friendly with Aston Villa, quoted above, sounds absolutely horrific and becoming of the hun story.

Is the Everton v Rangers thing genuine or just an often repeated story that has now become fact in folks heads?
There is never any date for the match when folk quote this story which would suggest it is fictional.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 11:07 PM
As in Atilla the Hun and his people.
The Huns were an Asiatic people from the Steppes in Russia. They invaded Europe and left a trail of destruction which is how fans of Celtic and Hibs see Rangers fans.
Maybe we should start calling Celtic fans huns given their behaviour at away games is very similar. Would be good for a reaction from the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world.

Rangers fans were called huns when I was a kid which was before the 1974 match with Everton quoted above. However, their behaviour at the 1976 friendly with Aston Villa, quoted above, sounds absolutely horrific and becoming of the hun story.

Is the Everton v Rangers thing genuine or just an often repeated story that has now become fact in folks heads?
There is never any date for the match when folk quote this story which would suggest it is fictional.

Yes think fictional. Remember calling them Huns in the late sixties. Remember the battle of Newcastle in 1969 when they tried to stop a fairs cup match when they were losing. I have a female fruend from Newcastle who was at school then. Her uniform was green and her and her friends suffered sectarian abuse from Rangers fans during the day because of the green colour of their blazers. Then of course the battle of Barcelona in 1972.

Celtic fans tend to be more drunk and behaving poorly - urinating and being sick and littering the place with bottles. So not sure if Hun is appropriate.

FilipinoHibs
01-01-2020, 11:30 PM
The battle of Newcastle:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/history/victorious-newcastle-united-defied-drunken-16301785

CraigHibee
01-01-2020, 11:38 PM
I'm sure the pre-sevconians would blame it on the Chelsea fans

The 90+2
02-01-2020, 12:46 AM
Relentless.
:rolleyes:

I refer to my previous post - just admit you weren't clear and your post was misleading.

Or don't. If it's that important to you to insist in your daft arguments. It's a 'I'm never wrong' position to take.
You seem just incapable of admitting a wee lack of clarity. No idea why.

I'll leave it there, no point in me getting involved in your spat.

I just checked and my missus is sat watching the TV in the other room.
Thank goodness.

I was starting to think you may be her.

I’m very sorry for not being clear to some posters and also making out Squirrel gave it two finger salutes while trying to defend the huns 😂😂 **** sake I hate they ****s. L

neil7908
02-01-2020, 05:39 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50968520

Always interesting to compare the response to sectarianism in other parts of the world versus Scotland.

This stuff is so accepted up here now that no media outlets even bother to cover it, meaning Sevco fans are free to continue their lovely chants with no punishment or even scrutiny.

FilipinoHibs
02-01-2020, 07:38 AM

Always interesting to compare the response to sectarianism in other parts of the world versus Scotland.

This stuff is so accepted up here now that no media outlets even bother to cover it, meaning Sevco fans are free to continue their lovely chants with no punishment or even scrutiny.

Yes of the media pundits only Michael Stewart raises it. Who can forget the embarrassing discussion with him, Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds on the Rangers orange shirts.

RoxburghHibs
02-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Nae bother, you either take me legit or not but at no time I meant Boyle went f-u to the crowd, I wouldn’t even have an issue if he done a Mr Bean when he scored the second tbh.

And you’re right, it could be interpreted differently in the way I wrote my post. I wouldn’t apologise for it regardless of you saying my apologies are meaningless because I would only say sorry if I made an error - which I didn’t. Save your apology for making it personal, because you wouldn’t mean it anyway 😉.

Think positive thoughts and life will be so much better dude. Your apology is accepted and good to hear you clarify that you just made your point poorly when posting he gave the two fingers 👍🏼

silverhibee
02-01-2020, 12:00 PM

I think that's a bit harsh on the media up here, strange that that story comes from the BBC as they would never run with that in Scotland, Bill Leckie done a piece on it yesterday and called for an end to this sectarian nonsense in Scotland, we have have folk banging on about it most weeks but it is just falling on deaf ears to the groups who can do anything about it, Nicola Sturgeon wants nothing to do with it, she would have learned after wee Ecks threats to have it banned in stadiums in Scotland, didn't go well, Scottish Police are another group who condemn it but do nothing about it, there token 4 arrests at Parkhead is a joke, and finally the 2 groups who peddle this sectarian pish in to our houses every week, Sky & BT sports by airing live Celtc and the Rangers games and have never once apologised on air for it but are happy to apologise at any other games around the UK for some bad language from the crowd, Sky & BT need taking to task over it, everyone knows what's been sung in support of terrorist groups, it's clear as day when you are at the game or watching it on tv, but not a peep, the media do highlight it, it's just that the people with power to do anything about it won't do it.

CMurdoch
02-01-2020, 01:26 PM
The battle of Newcastle:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/history/victorious-newcastle-united-defied-drunken-16301785

That's an interesting one and contains the following:

“Policemen with dogs stood shoulder to shoulder behind the goal, defiantly gazing at the hordes of human animals they had just driven off the St James’ Park pitch.
“For 17 minutes, the Battle of Gallowgate raged. This was the night soccer wept for the name of Glasgow Rangers .”
“Glasgow Rangers directors, shocked, shattered and embarrassed by last night’s riots in Newcastle, labelled the offenders lunatics.”

50 years ago! What an embarrassment.

Brizo
02-01-2020, 01:44 PM
Yes of the media pundits only Michael Stewart raises it. Who can forget the embarrassing discussion with him, Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds on the Rangers orange shirts.

Same Derek Ferguson who's a prominent representative of Stand Up to Racism organisation in Scotland.

I wonder who how he reconciles his stance against racism while also being an apologist for sectarianism and a form of sectarianism that could be construed as anti Irish racism

It would be good to see SUTR tackle the most prominent form of football related racism in our country but they'll no doubt hide behind the its sectarian not racist excuse.

CMurdoch
02-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Same Derek Ferguson who's a prominent representative of Stand Up to Racism organisation in Scotland.

I wonder who how he reconciles his stance against racism while also being an apologist for sectarianism and a form of sectarianism that could be construed as anti Irish racism

It would be good to see SUTR tackle the most prominent form of football related racism in our country but they'll no doubt hide behind the its sectarian not racist excuse.

If you have listened to the guy on Sportsound you will know he is neither a big thinker or articulate so not sure he will have given it much thought. Seems a decent enough guy but it is amazing that he managed to get both jobs given his lack of intellect.
As for SUTR, other than it being a Scottish hot tatty i'm not sure why they can't get the sectarianism message out with the racism message given they are both the same thing i.e. bullying and not treating people with respect.

Mick O'Rourke
02-01-2020, 02:41 PM
Yes think fictional. Remember calling them Huns in the late sixties. Remember the battle of Newcastle in 1969 when they tried to stop a fairs cup match when they were losing. I have a female fruend from Newcastle who was at school then. Her uniform was green and her and her friends suffered sectarian abuse from Rangers fans during the day because of the green colour of their blazers. Then of course the battle of Barcelona in 1972.

Celtic fans tend to be more drunk and behaving poorly - urinating and being sick and littering the place with bottles. So not sure if Hun is appropriate.
I recall you posting that on another thread a while back.
I also posted on that thread, saying that i was in Newcastle not long after that game. (changing trains)
Me and a pal ( i later married his sister !)spent a few hours there and we got attacked by a group of guys after they heard our accent whilst in a boozer.
It was all down to The Hun destroying the toon centre after the game.
We gave them as much as they gave us.
Polis arrived.
And we got lifted !!
Not flavour of the month one bit,after the hun had visited.

On the origins of Hun at football.
I always thought the Liverpool Kop started the chant "Go home ya hun" during a European game against German opposition, mid/late 60s
The Kop back then had some song book
They used to sing Beatles songs. Brilliant choir.