PDA

View Full Version : Most under rated and most over rated player of the decade?

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Not the best or the worst, but the one you thought was a cracking player and everyone else thought was a donkey or vice versa.

Most under rated for me was Eoin Doyle. A really intelligent striker who has shown what he can do down south and would have scored a barrel load in the last two or three seasons with us.

Most over rated for me - and this will seem like blasphemy - is Anthony Stokes. One absolutely brilliant game but outwith that rarely looked fit, looked disinterested, in his final spell with us we played better with him out of the team and could rarely strike the ball cleanly in that last spell. Wish we’d left it at the cup final on a high.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Fyvie definitely the underrated one. Folk still think he held us back. Whittaker is another. Such an excellent footballer.

A few could compete for overrated. Probably Brandon Barker for me. Never wanted to run in behind, couldn't finish his dinner and was terrified to tackle. Without his pace he'd be part time.

wookie70
30-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Stevenson for me was the most under rated. Not so much the last few years but before that. Strong, wholehearted, fantastic first touch and never leaves anything on the pitch.

Grant Holt for me was very over rated. Seemed a great guy and was a very good player earlier in his career. However he rarely got in the box, scored infrequently considering he was playing no. 9 for the best team in the league and despite what many said I thought he never worked anywhere near hard enough. Nowhere near the worst no 9 but he seemed to get credit for everything

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Lewis Stevenson or JC for me as under rated. Although Cummings record since leaving us has been poor he was excellent for us and a much better player than people gave him credit for.

Overrated for me would be Ben Williams. Decent at best but nowhere near as good as made out imo.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Under rated :

Scott Robertson Fraser Fyvie Liam Craig

Over rated:

Anthony Stokes but we could all see Stubbsy signed him for a reason and boy did he deliver

JXM73
30-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Scott Allen.... somehow does both at moment

Smartie
30-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Martin Boyle is fully appreciated now, but he was performing at a very high standard for us for a couple of years before we all realised how important a player he was for us.

Controversial I know, but Marciano is probably the most over-rated one for me. Yes, he makes the odd great save and has been steady in derbies but he’s flogged too many dreadful goals and been indirectly involved in too many others for me to hold him in the same regard so many Hibs fans seem to.

Tomsk
30-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Underrated - Liam Miller, criminally so by Calderwood. Absolute quality on and off the ball.

Overrated - probably Hanlon. I appreciate there are probably as many folk who think he's cack as folk who think he's class but I've never seen what the latter see in him.

Bronson
30-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Underrated - abdellah zoubir or duncan watmore. Both played during THAT season, but I actually quite liked them, watmore in particular was the only one who looked like he could play football for a while under butcher.

Overrated - fraser fyvie, liked him first 6 months, thought he was pretty dreadful the rest of his time with us. Now at cove rangers for a reason. Honourable mention for andrew shinnie who I had high hopes for, but thought he was terrible for us (goal against hearts aside of course).

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Overrated - fraser fyvie, liked him first 6 months, thought he was pretty dreadful the rest of his time with us. Now at cove rangers for a reason.

A potentially career threatening injury? But harsh.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Underrated - Lewis
Overrated - Jamie MacLaren

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Underrated - Kevin Thomson

Overrated - Claros.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Under rated :

Scott Robertson Fraser Fyvie Liam Craig

Over rated:

Anthony Stokes but we could all see Stubbsy signed him for a reason and boy did he deliver

Scotty Rob, what a shout. Then you spoil it all with Craig and Stokesy 😂😂

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Underrated: claros

Overrated: fyvie/milligan

Bronson
30-12-2019, 09:48 PM
A potentially career threatening injury? But harsh.

He was at dundee united and couldn’t cut it with them in the championship either. He’s just not very good.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Underrated- Hanlon

Overrated- Allan

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 09:56 PM
He was at dundee united and couldn’t cut it with them in the championship either. He’s just not very good.

FA Cup, Scottish Cup, Championship winner.

He’s either very lucky or you’re being very harsh.

lord bunberry
30-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Underrated Clayton Donaldson

Overrated Craig Brewster.

WeeRussell
30-12-2019, 09:59 PM

He was one of United’s best players when he played. Injury ruined his time there too.. was still deemed good enough to give a new contract when out injured.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Either? Surely not implying he didn't cut it with us? He won 2 trophies and was absolutely vital in both. He certainly was very good.

Hope we sign more guys who aren't very good.

WeeRussell
30-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Under rated- Fyvie... and Liam Craig (due to amount of unnecessary over the top stick he got)

Overrated - Holt.. and Dylan M (due to amount of embellished praise he got and continues to get)

Eyrie
30-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Underrated - Fyvie, as was highlighted after he left.

Overrated - Stokes, because we all remember that cup final performance and don't want to remember how disappointing he'd been up to that point.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Underrated- Hanlon

Overrated- Allan

Scotty Allan is a joy to watch. How on earth is he owner rates ? 😂😂😂😂😂

Michael
30-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Underrated Clayton Donaldson

Overrated Craig Brewster.

What year is it?

lord bunberry
31-12-2019, 08:42 AM
What year is it?
:greengrin Oh aye.

Gloucester Hibs
31-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Underrated - Simon Murray
Overrated - Omeonga

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Underrated:

Mallan, Marciano, Paul Cairney, Lewis Stevenson, Martin Boyle for the first 2 or 3 years.

Overrated:

Kevin McBride, Gary Deegan, Isaiah Osbourne, Slivka and Porteous ( I still like the last two though).

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Underrated - abdellah zoubir or duncan watmore. Both played during THAT season, but I actually quite liked them, watmore in particular was the only one who looked like he could play football for a while under butcher.

Overrated - fraser fyvie, liked him first 6 months, thought he was pretty dreadful the rest of his time with us. Now at cove rangers for a reason. Honourable mention for andrew shinnie who I had high hopes for, but thought he was terrible for us (goal against hearts aside of course).

Interesting how Watmore gets high praise for barely kicking a ball for us, yet Fyvie (instrumental in our cup win) gets shot down.

Watmore was a highly rated young player before he came on loan so I've no idea how he could've been 'underrated'.

Hiber-nation
31-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Underrated:

Mallan, Marciano, Paul Cairney, Lewis Stevenson, Martin Boyle for the first 2 or 3 years.

Overrated:

Kevin McBride, Gary Deegan, Isaiah Osbourne, Slivka and Porteous ( I still like the last two though).

I can't remember these 2 being rated by many folk to be honest.

Vault Boy
31-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Underrated:

- Marvin Bartley.

Overrated:

- Alex Harris.

Marvin because toward the latter part of his time with us, there were a lot of calls for him to be replaced, times where people said we don't 'need him in most games,' and suggestions that he was crap on the ball. There's still a lot of love for him but given his talent, I think he was severely underrated in his last two seasons with us.

Alex Harris simply because of the hype around him when he came through. A nasty injury and useless manager unfortunately stunted that potential significantly. Still, the majority of his performances for us were quiet, even when fully fit. Glad he seems to be getting on okay at EC.

calumhibee1
31-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Quite a few folk quite liked Osbourne from what I remember. Deegan, not so much.

allezsauzee
31-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Fyvie definitely the underrated one. Folk still think he held us back. Whittaker is another. Such an excellent footballer.

A few could compete for overrated. Probably Brandon Barker for me. Never wanted to run in behind, couldn't finish his dinner and was terrified to tackle. Without his pace he'd be part time.

I'd agree with all of that. Fyvie was excellent at transitioning play from defence to attack and the tempo of our play was much quicker with him sitting deep. very little end product from Barker and still think Horgan was an upgrade.

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 09:56 AM

I distinctly remember the plaudits they were getting during their early tenures.

I think the problem is a lot of people judge players too early. By the end of their time I hope most might have been in agreement that they werent that effective.

Gloucester Hibs
31-12-2019, 10:00 AM
I distinctly remember the plaudits they were getting during their early tenures.

I think the problem is a lot of people judge players too early. By the end of their time I hope most might have been in agreement that they werent that effective.

Think in those dark times we were looking for any little chink of light to cling onto, much like Hearts are now. Hence you get Claros being proclaimed the new Claude Makelele and James McPake the new Beckenbauer (ok that’s maybe a bit too far!)

hfc rd
31-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Underrated - Fraser Fyvie

Overrated - Eoin Doyle

Pretty Boy
31-12-2019, 10:06 AM
All I can say when reading this thread is that I'm delighted no one on here is ever likely to pick the team. Scott Allan and Dylan McGeough overrated ffs. There's having an opinion and there is just being plain wrong. Add the continuing explicable criticism of Fyvie into the mix as well.

I'd love to hear what midfielders over the last decade should have been rated if 2 of the best we have had were overrated.

Anyway overrated for me was James McPake. Added a bit fight when we needed it but he made defending look difficult which is a sure fire sign a CB isn't very good. He seemed to walk away unscathed from the 2012 final but he was utterly abysmal that day, the 1st goal and his actions leading up to it are still a mystery to me.

Liam Miller was massively underrated by many in our support. Because he didn't fly into tackles and charge about like a headless chicken he got the 'lazy' and 'disinterested' tag. Classy player who played football properly.

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Think in those dark times we were looking for any little chink of light to cling onto, much like Hearts are now. Hence you get Claros being proclaimed the new Claude Makelele and James McPake the new Beckenbauer (ok that’s maybe a bit too far!)

Agree with that mate.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Underrated:

Overrated:

I would personally say many on here overrate Rocky as he goes from hero to zero to hero then back to zero on a match by match basis

I also do not think he is underrated

Just imho of course :greengrin

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 10:27 AM
All I can say when reading this thread is that I'm delighted no one on here is ever likely to pick the team. Scott Allan and Dylan McGeough overrated ffs. There's having an opinion and there is just being plain wrong. Add the continuing explicable criticism of Fyvie into the mix as well.

I'd love to hear what midfielders over the last decade should have been rated if 2 of the best we have had were overrated.

Anyway overrated for me was James McPake. Added a bit fight when we needed it but he made defending look difficult which is a sure fire sign a CB isn't very good. He seemed to walk away unscathed from the 2012 final but he was utterly abysmal that day, the 1st goal and his actions leading up to it are still a mystery to me.

Liam Miller was massively underrated by many in our support. Because he didn't fly into tackles and charge about like a headless chicken he got the 'lazy' and 'disinterested' tag. Classy player who played football properly.

People arent saying they are bad players though, they just feel that some of the praise is OTT, which can always be up for debate?

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 10:29 AM
I would personally say many on here overrate Rocky as he goes from hero to zero to hero then back to zero on a match by match basis

I also do not think he is underrated

Just imho of course :greengrin

The reason I have him as underrated is largely because of your view of him Billy:greengrin

jeffers
31-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Underrated - Claros
Overrated - McGeouch

Northernhibee
31-12-2019, 10:36 AM
McPake is actually a great call for over rated. Absolutely atrocious defender who got by on passion and when he lost that he had no redeeming qualities in the team.

Northernhibee
31-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Kevin Thomson too for over rated.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Th reason I have him as underrated is largely because of your view of him Billy:greengrin

I was thinking more of a box for never ever rated or totally convinced by although capable of the odd brilliant instinctive save and one thrown in for the cameras :greengrin

spike220
31-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Underrated:

- Conrad, close the thread.

Overrated:

- Kujabi, then delete the thread

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 10:58 AM
I was thinking more of a box for never ever rated or totally convinced by although capable of the odd brilliant instinctive save and one thrown in for the cameras :greengrin

:greengrin

Hiber-nation
31-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Underrated:

- Conrad, close the thread.

Overrated:

- Kujabi, then delete the thread

Not sure you've got the concept right here :greengrin

Conrad is rated by almost everyone, Kujabi slated by almost everyone.

Anyway instead of moaning I suppose I better submit my choices...

Under-rated - Clayton Donaldson. No idea why he got dropped, he was doing well and went on to play at a decent level down South.

Over-rated - None really stand out although Graeme Stack wasn't really as good as some folk made out and Malonga's sulks were conveniently forgotten although you couldn't help but love him really.

Gaffer1875
31-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Underrated - Sol Bamba

Overrated - James McPake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
31-12-2019, 12:07 PM

And all I can say is I’m glad most people on here understand the point of the thread. Some of the best players in the world can still be “overrated”. I’m sure it was created knowing that a whole host of players would be named for different reasons.

As someone mentioned above.. I think Dylan M is/was a very good player - but the regard he’s held in amongst a lot of my Hibs peers (and some on here) compared to others e.g. the aforementioned Scott Allan, makes him overrated in my opinion.

J-C
31-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Underrated - Owen Doyle, Palsson, Zoubir

Overrated- Fyvie, Stokes, Omeonga.

Saint Hibee
31-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Underrated: Eoin Doyle, maybe Paul Cairney?

Overrated: Efe Ambrose (a great player, but not the messiah some think him to be).

And I would stand up for James McPake. Yes, he was never a particularly great defender and got by primarily on passion, but that was at a moment when we were severely lacking in the passion department!

Bronson
31-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Interesting how Watmore gets high praise for barely kicking a ball for us, yet Fyvie (instrumental in our cup win) gets shot down.

Watmore was a highly rated young player before he came on loan so I've no idea how he could've been 'underrated'.

Fyvie was in a midfield next to arguably our best 2 centre mids of the last decade (mcginn and mcgeouch) so it’s not hard to see why he picked up a couple of medals. He splits opinion clearly, which is why I have him down as overrated as some hibs fans seem to have this notion that he was a great player for us. Gave the ball away far too much for my liking, don’t really see what he offered to the team and wasn’t sorry to see him go. Like I say, first 6 months he looked a tidy player, after that - not very tidy at all.

Spare me the ‘watmore was already highly rated’, you’d never heard of him before we signed him. The reason I picked him as underrated is it’s easy to forget about a guy who was actually quite good in a horrifically bad team. Just my opinion.

Smartie
31-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Funnily enough I'd stick Kujabi in the underrated category.

He came in and did a decent job in the LB position, helping haul us out of trouble and to safety (this was before Lewis made the LB position his own, it had been a bit of a problem position for us for a while).

Kujabi hit one stinking free kick at ER and was pretty unlucky in the Hampden game that everyone seems to think he had a howler in - nonsensical booking put him under pressure and Fenlon's tactics had him doubled up on for the entire game before he was horrifically unlucky with another poor refereeing decision (although he should have received his first yellow and a free kick outside the box at that point).

It's grossly unfair that he seems to have become such a figure of fun.

A daft comment about being the Gambian Roberto Carlos and being hung out to dry by his manager in a big game seems to have destroyed the reputation of a player who was pretty decent for us.

cmcd
31-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Couldn't agree more with you PB .Saved me a post

cmcd
31-12-2019, 03:07 PM

I assume you're comment is because he went to Rangers ??

SteveHFC
31-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Edwin De Graaf was very underrated.

Greatest midfielder we've had playing for this club.

Northernhibee
31-12-2019, 03:09 PM
I assume you're comment is because he went to Rangers ??

No, because in his second spell he offered no more than any other of the players who seen us down but he was deified by some on here.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Kevin Thomson was a brilliant young prospect for us in midfield or emergency sweeper

He was good on the ball athletic and could read a game an old head on young shoulders

Some at the time even rated him ahead of Broony

He took the Hun thirty pieces of silver and would walk barefoot along the M8 on broken glass to sign for them (allegedly) missing out on the 2007 League Cup victory

No doubt he was a brilliant player but his career at Ibroke and down south was blighted by injury

When he returned to us he was one of the senior pros told by Butcher he was surplus to requirements

In his third spell he had lost his pace but still had the experience though never recovered from getting caught in possession and his pocket picked in the League Cup Final versus Ross County

I felt sorry for him that he never at least made the bench for the Scottish Cup Final after his wonderful headed clearance off the line at Tiny

Now employed as a Coach by The Rangers he is still a Hibby through and through

angus hibby
31-12-2019, 03:41 PM
McPake is a great shout for most over rated. Amount of times he had to make a last gasp tackle, which usually meant he’d been woefully out of position in the first place.

Fyvie was a very under rated player. Liam Miller was another who didn’t seem to be greatly appreciated, yet was a quality player.

Speedy
31-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Underrated: Matt Doherty

Overrated: Efe Ambrose (could probably fit in either category depending on who you ask)

Griffiths probably another controversial one for overrated. Not so much at the time but he improved hugely in his second season and the couple of years after leaving Hibs. People forgot he was a bit of a one trick pony in his first season.

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2019, 04:14 PM
People arent saying they are bad players though, they just feel that some of the praise is OTT, which can always be up for debate?

Exactly that, Allan turns in many great performances and many poor ones, maybe Hecky was right when he alluded to not being allowed to sub him! Saying someone is overrated doesn’t mean you are saying they are a poor player.

Eyrie
31-12-2019, 04:17 PM

Overrated: Efe Ambrose (could probably fit in either category depending on who you ask)

Griffiths probably another controversial one for overrated. Not so much at the time but he improved hugely in his second season and the couple of years after leaving Hibs. People forgot he was a bit of a one trick pony in his first season.

To be fair to Griffiths, it was a very good one trick.

I'm more surprised that Cairney has been listed as underrated, given that he only had one trick and once defenders had sussed that nutmeg out he had little else to offer.

cmcd
31-12-2019, 04:22 PM
No, because in his second spell he offered no more than any other of the players who seen us down but he was deified by some on here.
Without his clear off the line at Tynecastle we would not have won the cup

Smartie
31-12-2019, 04:28 PM

He gave everything he had and put in 2 really solid performances home and away to Hearts in the cup. Yes, he was old, too slow and past his best during his 3rd spell with us but he still played a part (a significant part) in our cup win.

The Modfather
31-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Underrated: Eoin Doyle, maybe Paul Cairney?

Overrated: Efe Ambrose (a great player, but not the messiah some think him to be).

And I would stand up for James McPake. Yes, he was never a particularly great defender and got by primarily on passion, but that was at a moment when we were severely lacking in the passion department!

He always reminded me of the fat guy who was skillfull and had great feet, that we’ve all played 5s with/against. A less athletic footballer I’ve yet to see.

Overrated - Grant Holt, Gunnarson
Underrated - Brandon Barker

we are hibs
31-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Yes because we wouldnt have had someone else on the back post, right enough.

LaMotta
31-12-2019, 05:38 PM
He always reminded me of the fat guy who was skillfull and had great feet, that we’ve all played 5s with/against. A less athletic footballer I’ve yet to see.

Cairney was no athlete thats for sure :greengrin. Some of his assists and passing were outstanding in the first half of 12/13 and he chipped in with a few decent goals too.

Jones28
31-12-2019, 05:47 PM
I remember McPake being a great leader, but the Malmo players in the aftermath of that defeat saying that they knew what he’d do and just drew him out of defence constantly. As humpty a player as he seems to be a manager.

Underrated for me is difficult, but for purely the effort and commitment to the cause he gives its going to be Lewis. Outlasted every manager and has been, the majority of the time, integral to every one of those teams, some good, some awful.

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2019, 05:55 PM

Class footballer for us.

supermcginn
31-12-2019, 05:57 PM

Gunnarsson was clearly a good player and would walk in our team now.

supermcginn
31-12-2019, 05:58 PM
I'd agree with all of that. Fyvie was excellent at transitioning play from defence to attack and the tempo of our play was much quicker with him sitting deep. very little end product from Barker and still think Horgan was an upgrade.

Horgan couldn't lace Barker's boots.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 06:09 PM

A young grant Holt is exactly what we have been crying out for the last three seasons

Brought us right back into the semi versus the Sheep at Hampden

Someone who the ball will stick to and keep the ball drawing defenders to him allowing others to get into position

Gunnarson was class I remember his winner in the 3-2 dress rehearsal at Easter Road

Barker couldnae finish a fish supper heart of a chicken :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2019, 06:14 PM

Stats tell you otherwise. Barker could nutmeg you in a phonebox but had absolutely zero end product. Could you ever seen him scoring twice in a derby? Horgan is inconsistent but offers more goals and assists.

Barker was most frustrating because he absolutely refused to run in behind. He wanted everything to his feet so he could take 5 players on.

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Stats tell you otherwise. Barker could nutmeg you in a phonebox but had absolutely zero end product. Could you ever seen him scoring twice in a derby? Horgan is inconsistent but offers more goals and assists.

Barker was most frustrating because he absolutely refused to run in behind. He wanted everything to his feet so he could take 5 players on.

Like both players a lot but haven't seen these stats you mention. Would be really keen to see them.

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Like both players a lot but haven't seen these stats you mention. Would be really keen to see them.

Horgan had like 7 goals 9 assists last season, Barker never got near 16 goal contributions.

The Modfather
31-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Gunnarsson was clearly a good player and would walk in our team now.

I don’t disagree he was/is a good player but he only played a dozen or so games in the championship. I just think he seems to get better the more that time passes.

CockneyRebel
31-12-2019, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;6032189]Not the best or the worst, but the one you thought was a cracking player and everyone else thought was a donkey or vice versa.
most over rated ....... McGeouch, tidy player but the longer he's away the bigger he's grown. Not exactly set the heather alight since he legged it.

most under rated...... John ONeil. Skilful, tough with a great engine. Not disliked but never got the praise he deserved for what he brought to the team.

CockneyRebel
31-12-2019, 06:36 PM

Barker never had them on very often.

marinello59
31-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Under rated. Lewis for so many reasons but his first touch alone is a delight.
Over rated. McPake by a country mile. A truly dreadful defender.

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2020, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=supermcginn;6033377]Horgan couldn't lace Barker's boots.[/QUOTE

😂 Barker was immense right enough.

Gaffer1875
01-01-2020, 08:13 AM
Paul Cairney was never underrated, he was a player that sadly would never make it with us as the jump up was too much.

Matt docherty is an interesting one, he done okay with us but what he has achieved now it’s nothing short of excellent with wolves and Ireland.

Robbo6-2
01-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Horgan had like 7 goals 9 assists last season, Barker never got near 16 goal contributions.

Darly Horgan has played 62 games for us, scored 7 and had 6 assists.

Currently no assists this season.

2 goals vs Elgin and 1 vs Raith in cup.

If you take the Derby out of it hes scored or assisted in 1 in every 5.5 games. About right really, has one decent game and 5 stinkers

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 09:05 AM
Darly Horgan has played 62 games for us, scored 7 and had 6 assists.

Currently no assists this season.

2 goals vs Elgin and 1 vs Raith in cup.

If you take the Derby out of it hes scored or assisted in 1 in every 5.5 games. About right really, has one decent game and 5 stinkers
That is not true. Last season he had 39 games, 7 goals 10 assists. This season he has 27 games, 3 goals 3 assists. That's 23 goal contributions in 66 games, better than 1/3.

Barker had 30 games, 2 goals 5 assists. That's worse than one in four. It's not even close really. Barker was a terrific dribbler and very fast but that's pretty much it. Josh Vela has roughly the same ratio of contribution this season.

Since90+2
01-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Barker ahead of Horgan every day of the week for me.

Looking at it purely from a chances created and goals scored viewpoint is too simplistic a way to assess players , Barker's ability to carry the ball and move us up the park quickly and away from a defensive position was invaluable. He also made alot of appearances from the bench.

Kamberi is probably abit overrated and underrated at the same time. He is a very erratic player but he can be dynamite when he is on his game.

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Barker ahead of Horgan every day of the week for me.

Looking at it purely from a chances created and goals scored viewpoint is too simplistic a way to assess players , Barker's ability to carry the ball and move us up the park quickly and away from a defensive position was invaluable. He also made alot of appearances from the bench.

Kamberi is probably abit overrated and underrated at the same time. He is a very erratic player but he can be dynamite when he is on his game.

When the difference is that big I don't think getting us up the park is more valuable. Boyle and Horgan can do that just fine while actually contributing at the end of it.

Robbo6-2
01-01-2020, 09:53 AM
That is not true. Last season he had 39 games, 7 goals 10 assists. This season he has 27 games, 3 goals 3 assists. That's 23 goal contributions in 66 games, better than 1/3.

Barker had 30 games, 2 goals 5 assists. That's worse than one in four. It's not even close really. Barker was a terrific dribbler and very fast but that's pretty much it. Josh Vela has roughly the same ratio of contribution this season.

Where you getting these stats from, i just googled them and it came up on soccerbase.

Stats can be looked at in so many different ways.

Take the two goals he scored at tynie and against Elgin the stats go to 1 and 4.

Watching Horgan play consistently over the period i see a player who rarely contributes and is blowing out of his arse after 60mins. One decent game then 4 or 5 poor ones which the stats back up

Hes not good enough and needs moved on.

franck sauzee
01-01-2020, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;6032189]Not the best or the worst, but the one you thought was a cracking player and everyone else thought was a donkey or vice versa.
most over rated ....... McGeouch, tidy player but the longer he's away the bigger he's grown. Not exactly set the heather alight since he legged it.

John O'Neil was class but he was last decade not this
most under rated...... John ONeil. Skilful, tough with a great engine. Not disliked but never got the praise he deserved for what he brought to the team.

John O'Neil was class but he was last decade not this one

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Where you getting these stats from, i just googled them and it came up on soccerbase.

Stats can be looked at in so many different ways.

Take the two goals he scored at tynie and against Elgin the stats go to 1 and 4.

Watching Horgan play consistently over the period i see a player who rarely contributes and is blowing out of his arse after 60mins. One decent game then 4 or 5 poor ones which the stats back up

Hes not good enough and needs moved on.

Yes, if you take all of barkers assists and goals away he looks worse as well. You cant do that.

Transfermarket for the stats. They literally do not back that up because he contributes on every better than one in three. You cannot remove goals to suit your argument.

I'm not saying Horgan is good enough or not. He certainly contributes a lot more than Barker who many see as some wonderful player. Boyle is much better than both.

cmcd
01-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Yes because we wouldnt have had someone else on the back post, right enough.

Who is to say there would be someone else on the post .No matter what you think of him he was in the right position at the right time .Kevin was a very good player for Hibs and for that we should be thankful

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Pa Kujabi was grossly under rated...he was much $#!t€r than we actually appreciated

Spike Mandela
01-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Underrated - Mark Oxley. Played majority of cup run including clean sheet at home to Hearts. Suspended for semi and dropped for final yet still man enough to actively and vigorously support team from the bench. Never gets the credit for playing his part imo.

Overrated - Conrad Logan. Fairytale stuff from the big polar bear who’s exploits in the semi and final mean that none of us will ever speak ill of the guy and has led to a legendary status which actually belies the fact he played something like a mere 8 games for us. If we do overrate him I am guilty as charged😎

Bronson
01-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Underrated - Mark Oxley. Played majority of cup run including clean sheet at home to Hearts. Suspended for semi and dropped for final yet still man enough to actively and vigorously support team from the bench. Never gets the credit for playing his part imo.

Overrated - Conrad Logan. Fairytale stuff from the big polar bear who’s exploits in the semi and final mean that none of us will ever speak ill of the guy and has led to a legendary status which actually belies the fact he played something like a mere 8 games for us. If we do overrate him I am guilty as charged😎

Funny, I’d have mark oxley down as one of our worst keepers this decade, thought he was absolutely dreadful. Opinions eh?

AK86
01-01-2020, 03:46 PM
Over rated Mcpake, spent half the game on his arse

Under rated. Wotherspoon

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Funny, I’d have mark oxley down as one of our worst keepers this decade, thought he was absolutely dreadful. Opinions eh?

He is also one of the best, we've only had like 10. Williams, Rocky and Bogdan only ones clearly better than Oxley.

we are hibs
01-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Oxley was *****. A goalie who barely made a save

WoreTheGreen
01-01-2020, 04:09 PM
Over rated Mcpake, spent half the game on his arse

Under rated. Wotherspoon

He would run 50 yards to make a unwinable tackle leaving the defence wide open

BILLYHIBS
01-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Who is to say there would be someone else on the post .No matter what you think of him he was in the right position at the right time .Kevin was a very good player for Hibs and for that we should be thankful
Yip!

Since452
01-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Underrated - Stevenson

Overrated - Claros

Spike Mandela
01-01-2020, 04:31 PM
He is also one of the best, we've only had like 10. Williams, Rocky and Bogdan only ones clearly better than Oxley.

He was our only goalie of the decade to score.:greengrin

Vault Boy
01-01-2020, 04:38 PM
He was our only goalie of the decade to score.:greengrin

What a debut for the guy

Bronson
01-01-2020, 05:06 PM

He wasn’t really though. We’ve had 17 keepers the last decade:

Marciano, bogdan, maxwell, logan, oxley, virtanen, williams, g smith, g stack, m brown, ma-kalambay, murdoch, laidlaw, divis, p grant, perntreou, bell

Oxley is probably in the bottom 5 for me.

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 05:59 PM

Marciano, bogdan, maxwell, logan, oxley, virtanen, williams, g smith, g stack, m brown, ma-kalambay, murdoch, laidlaw, divis, p grant, perntreou, bell

I'm pretty sure you'll be the only one who thinks he's in the bottom five there. Nowhere near it. Only 3 definitely better than him. Many worse.

Barney McGrew
01-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Nominations for McGeouch and Ambrose being overrated make me wonder exactly what some people watch :faf:

Pretty Boy
01-01-2020, 06:28 PM
I stand by my assertion that classing McGeouch and Allan as over rated is just wrong. Both would walk into our top 5 midfielders of the decade list, arguably in the top 3 along with McGinn.

I'd suggest anyone disagreeing is under rating that pair and over rating someone else.

Hiber-nation
01-01-2020, 06:32 PM
Nominations for McGeouch and Ambrose being overrated make me wonder exactly what some people watch :faf:

:agree:

A couple of Dylan's performances towards the end of 17-18 season were up there with the finest midfield displays I've seen in a Hibs jersey. Shame he can't do it on a regular basis but over-rated? Don't get that at all.

Speedy
01-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Remember overrated doesn't mean crap.

It's always hard to pick out someone who is overrated because it goes against the grain.

FWIW I don't think McGeouch is overrated. Ambrose for me is a good player but I feel we were better defensively with Hanlon/McGregor at the time.

mjhibby
01-01-2020, 06:43 PM
Underrated - Claros
Overrated - McGeouch

I can't believe folk think McGeoch was overrated. Saw a pass so early and just get the ball flowing. One of the best technical players ever to play for us. Below latapy but more skilful than John O'Neil. Loved watching him play. Claro's defo underrated though.

mjhibby
01-01-2020, 06:45 PM

Laidlaw probably the most underrated for me.

Shrekko
01-01-2020, 06:48 PM
I stand by my assertion that classing McGeouch and Allan as over rated is just wrong. Both would walk into our top 5 midfielders of the decade list, arguably in the top 3 along with McGinn.

I'd suggest anyone disagreeing is under rating that pair and over rating someone else.
How can a subjective opinion be ‘wrong’?

This isn’t even about the ability of the players- it’s what people think of others opinions!

Scott Allan switches between world beater and panel beater at times but there are a good percentage of Hibs fans who give the impression he’s different class EVERY week... probably the ones who lost their minds when Heckingbottom took him off when he was having an absolute stinker.

I’d say he probably is the 3rd best midfielder of the decade - on his day, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be over rated.

Northernhibee
01-01-2020, 07:25 PM
My under-rated XI

Oxley

Grounds
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Claros
Newell
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Keatings

My over-rated XI

Marciano

Francomb
McPake
Porteous
Mackie

Sproule (2nd spell)
Thomson
Omeonga
Barker

Stokes (2nd and 3rd spell apart from 21st May)
O'Connor (2nd spell)

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2020, 07:52 PM
For those having trouble understanding why Allan has been overrated by some:

Overrated:

When something or someone becomes too popular than others, and is given more credits than it deserves to be.

Allan has become so popular that his poor performances of which there are many seem to be ignored. He’s a very good player, on his day he looks up there with the best of them, if he could play like that consistently he would be playing at a much higher level. So yes I stick by what I said he is overrated by some.

cmcd
01-01-2020, 08:05 PM
My under-rated XI

Oxley

Grounds
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Claros
Newell
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Keatings

My over-rated XI

Marciano

Francomb
McPake
Porteous
Mackie

Sproule (2nd spell)
Thomson
Omeonga
Barker

O'Connor (2nd spell)

Thomson over rated ?.You have a short memory

Northernhibee
01-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Thomson over rated ?.You have a short memory

He offered nothing in his second or third spells with the club yet he was deified to the point where we still have people fainting at the suggestion that he may have been a teensy little over-rated. Thank you for the case in point.

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 08:18 PM
He offered nothing in his second or third spells with the club yet he was deified to the point where we still have people fainting at the suggestion that he may have been a teensy little over-rated. Thank you for the case in point.

Offered nothing? He offered plenty when he played in the second spell. Not so much in the third but certainly more than nothing. Guys like Vela so far offer nothing, not Kevin Thomson.

B.H.F.C
01-01-2020, 08:22 PM

His contribution in the comeback at Tynecastle and subsequent replay, mean that he offered significantly more than nothing in his third spell.

WeeRussell
01-01-2020, 11:36 PM

Someone shortly after your post described McGeouch as one of the best technical players ever to play for us.

This sums up why, although very good, I find him over rated.

Thing is, in order for players to be named on here - they probably have to generally be considered brilliant, or poor.

Or we could just carry on going mental and thinking this thread means good and **** players.

WeeRussell
01-01-2020, 11:46 PM

I think I probably agree with Griffiths (maybe not for the exact same reasoning you’ve outlined) but didn’t have the nuts to say it first 😂

Frankhfc
02-01-2020, 12:02 AM
Underated - Paul Cairney, I thought he was a decent player, bit unlucky with injury though and Paul Heffernan, there was definitely a player there who could open up defences.

Overated - Pa Kujabi from the nutcases who compared him to Roberto Carlos, dearie dearie me.

Unseen work
02-01-2020, 04:32 AM
Overrated

Omeonga
Barker
Marciano
Gunnarsson
McPake

In fairness I think the top 4 players I have for overrated are all good players with potential to be really good. I think a lot of fans based their opinion on what they could do, not what the actually done. They would show flashes of real ability which clouded some judgment imo. I also think the longer someone is away the better they get - Gunnarson, Malonga etc

In saying that, all of the top 4 would get in our squad/team at the moment imo.

Underrated

Fyvie - Kept is ticking and had a dirty steak which we needed
McNulty - Movement and finishing was very good and gave us a massive lift and imo was the main reason we climbed the league
Bamba - Solid and could play, albeit had an error in him
Matt Kennedy - Showed lots of ability but unlucky with the formation we played

I think with the Eoin Doyle’s and Clayton Donaldson they were probably judged fairly at the time, it’s their form since they left which makes some think they were underrated here.

ColintonHibs
02-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Underrated - John Rankin
Overrated - Scott Allan

jeffers
02-01-2020, 08:47 AM
I can't believe folk think McGeoch was overrated. Saw a pass so early and just get the ball flowing. One of the best technical players ever to play for us. Below latapy but more skilful than John O'Neil. Loved watching him play. Claro's defo underrated though.

I've never denied he was a talented player, just didn't get the hype others did with him. He's hardly set the heather alight since leaving us although tbf he's not alone in that. Overrated IMO when I read posts on here when it was being stated he'd been better in his first season than Scott Allan was, a season he missed a good number of games, while Scott Allan deservedly won Championship player of the year.

I'd have John O'Neil well ahead of McGeouch, a different type of player but far more of a contribution and I don't remember him missing a large number of games through injury.

we are hibs
02-01-2020, 09:24 AM
This thread truly opens your eyes as to who knows little about football. Some of the shouts. Jeezo.

LaMotta
02-01-2020, 10:44 AM
Paul Cairney was never underrated, he was a player that sadly would never make it with us as the jump up was too much.

You've just proved why some people think he was underrated.:cool2:

The Baldmans Comb
02-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Underrated player for me was Eoin Doyle for his non stop effort, decent goal scoring record but most of all for his commitment to improving himself. He realised he had one chance as a footballer from being such a late starter and just seemed to improve year after year especially after leaving. Stephen Dobbie is very similar though he was bang average in his time with us.

Overated player for me is Chris Hogg who just sneaks into the decade as he left in 2011. Jones carried him year after year and while he wasn't a bad player was a he really good enough to hold down a such a crucial position for 6 years and the team could have improved so much had Jones been given a better partner at an earlier date.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2020, 10:59 AM
This thread truly opens your eyes as to who knows little about football. Some of the shouts. Jeezo.

Agree

Kevin Thomson probably one of the finest players I have seen in a green and white jersey in my fifty five years of watching HIBS

Makes you wonder what some folk see when they go to the football on a Saturday

Northernhibee
02-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Kevin Thomson probably one of the finest players I have seen in a green and white jersey in my fifty five years of watching HIBS

But he wasn’t even close to that in his second spell which is the one I’m talking about, he went on from that to fail at Dundee because his legs had gone. The fact that you say he’s one of the finest players in fifty years when he wasn’t even Dundee standard goes to show how heavily over rated he was in his second spell, no?

You prove my point beautifully and for that I thank you.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2020, 11:09 AM
But he wasn’t even close to that in his second spell which is the one I’m talking about, he went on from that to fail at Dundee because his legs had gone. The fact that you say he’s one of the finest players in fifty years when he wasn’t even Dundee standard goes to show how heavily over rated he was in his second spell, no?

:faf:

This is genuis. Anyone who argues that a player wasn't overrated is proving your point. Don't think thats how it works.

LaMotta
02-01-2020, 11:09 AM

:agree: Can't believe how many people aren't understanding the point of the thread :greengrin

Northernhibee
02-01-2020, 11:11 AM
:faf:

This is genuis. Anyone who argues that a player wasn't overrated is proving your point. Don't think thats how it works.

Did you, at any point of his second or third spells with the club (ie of this decade past) watch Kevin Thomson and think “my, these are some of the best performances for Hibs for the last fifty years”?

Shrekko
02-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Your posts on virtually every thread you post on show everyone how little you know about football.

we are hibs
02-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Your posts on virtually every thread you post on show everyone how little you know about football.

You rate stevie mallan so i think we will leave it there, mate. If youve got a problem pm me instead of acting like a wee lassie on a football forum behind an account ��

Iain G
02-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Under Rated - David Wotherspoon, has gone on to be a very good and consistent performer.

Over Rated - Jason Cummings - a championship level striker.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2020, 11:46 AM

No!

Still had a lot to offer that was why he signed

Only played 24 league games signing for us initially without remuneration such was his love for the club

Thomson was dropped by Butcher after Pat Fenlon left ...that ended well

He rejoined us on 22/1/2016 from Dundee where he was club captain and combined his duties coaching the development squad with Eddie May

I agree in his third six month spell his legs had gone and was caught in possession in the League Cup Final but still made a valuable contribution in the Scottish Cup run

Arguably without Kevin Thomson There was no holy grail at Easter Road

You are also talking about a player who in the not too distant past played in a UEFA Cup Final won two SPL titles two Scottish Cups and one League Cup

From his first spell at the club I remember a young player who could read the game pick a pass aware of everything going on around about him could get about the park and dominate the tempo of the game so much so I remember Tony Mowbray asking him to play sweeper on occasion an old head on young shoulders He also picked up a bad cruciate ligament injury and was out injured for one year

Some folk have short memories

I would go as far to say the form he showed in his second spell he would walk into our current midfield

No where near a worst eleven player very much respected not overrated so good we signed him three times

Hibee till he dies :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Did you, at any point of his second or third spells with the club (ie of this decade past) watch Kevin Thomson and think “my, these are some of the best performances for Hibs for the last fifty years”?

I did but in fairness I was thinking more of his first spell when we were fighting off suitors :greengrin

Northernhibee
02-01-2020, 12:00 PM
I did but in fairness I was thinking more of his first spell when we were fighting off suitors :greengrin

I respect him for coming back to us twice but he wasn’t any more than a squad player in ability but people seemed to think he would single handedly save us from relegation which makes him over rated, not a “worst eleven player”.

I have a horrible feeling that if Leigh comes back he may make this list in ten years time and I’m sure I’ll be having the same arguments!

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2020, 12:04 PM
I respect him for coming back to us twice but he wasn’t any more than a squad player in ability but people seemed to think he would single handedly save us from relegation which makes him over rated, not a “worst eleven player”.

I have a horrible feeling that if Leigh comes back he may make this list in ten years time and I’m sure I’ll be having the same arguments!

Its a big IF at this point in time but let’s hope for all our sakes if it comes to pass you are wrong again 😁

heretoday
02-01-2020, 12:23 PM
God we've had some stinkers!
I'm a big Malonga fan but I know many considered him overrated.
I'd say Simon Murray was underrated.

CockneyRebel
02-01-2020, 12:37 PM
I've never denied he was a talented player, just didn't get the hype others did with him. He's hardly set the heather alight since leaving us although tbf he's not alone in that. Overrated IMO when I read posts on here when it was being stated he'd been better in his first season than Scott Allan was, a season he missed a good number of games, while Scott Allan deservedly won Championship player of the year.

I'd have John O'Neil well ahead of McGeouch, a different type of player but far more of a contribution and I don't remember him missing a large number of games through injury.

I posted earlier saying much the same about both players but got told off as John O'Neil was actually here in the previous decade.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about opinions so less of the "shows how much you know about football" crap that quite a few posters have resorted to.

Smartie
02-01-2020, 12:59 PM
I posted earlier saying much the same about both players but got told off as John O'Neil was actually here in the previous decade.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about opinions so less of the "shows how much you know about football" crap that quite a few posters have resorted to.

It is about opinions, and I have to say that the wackier suggestions that I totally disagree with are the ones that entertain me the most.

Some folk clearly see things the way I do, elsewhere it wouldn't be the first time when I wonder whether or not certain folk are watching the same games and players as me.

ekhibee
02-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Either? Surely not implying he didn't cut it with us? He won 2 trophies and was absolutely vital in both. He certainly was very good.

Hope we sign more guys who aren't very good.

And lets hope we sign more Brandon Barkers too as he had far more skill and was far more entertaining than you seemed to think considering how you were always slagging him off.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2020, 05:10 PM
And lets hope we sign more Brandon Barkers too as he had far more skill and was far more entertaining than you seemed to think considering how you were always slagging him off.

I didn't always slag him off. He just wasn't anywhere near as good as folk believed. I've given plenty of reasons why I believe that. Not just my opinions either, cold hard facts that show he didn't contribute much.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2020, 05:19 PM

😂

Andy74
02-01-2020, 05:27 PM
I didn't always slag him off. He just wasn't anywhere near as good as folk believed. I've given plenty of reasons why I believe that. Not just my opinions either, cold hard facts that show he didn't contribute much.

Brandon Barker isn’t the type of player to be judged on cold hard facts.

Players like that put other teams on the back foot and are just a joy to watch even if that can’t always be translated into direct goals and assists.

Allant1981
02-01-2020, 05:40 PM

You dont rate stevie mallan but cold hard stats show how many goals he scored in the season he won player of the year so is obviously a good player

we are hibs
02-01-2020, 05:54 PM
😂

?

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Brandon Barker isn’t the type of player to be judged on cold hard facts.

Players like that put other teams on the back foot and are just a joy to watch even if that can’t always be translated into direct goals and assists.

The good ones like Martin Boyle can

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2020, 06:01 PM
You dont rate stevie mallan but cold hard stats show how many goals he scored in the season he won player of the year so is obviously a good player

How many has he scored in the past year? I'm betting it's really nothing special. He had a very good start but faded massively. Winning player of the year means very little.

supermcginn
02-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Underrated - John Rankin
Overrated - Scott Allan

John Rankin 😆😆 the expert of hitting the first man at every single corner. Rotten player.

Allant1981
02-01-2020, 06:29 PM
How many has he scored in the past year? I'm betting it's really nothing special. He had a very good start but faded massively. Winning player of the year means very little.

I think 4 goals and 5 assists in the last 12 months so directly involved in 9 goals

B.H.F.C
02-01-2020, 06:33 PM
I think 4 goals and 5 assists in the last 12 months so directly involved in 9 goals

More goals than that In 2019 think. 6 or 7 maybe. Would have been more if he’d actually been played in the correct position consistently.

Max_Shah
02-01-2020, 06:34 PM
Scott Allen.... somehow does both at moment

:top marks

Words, mouth, out, of, took.

I would respectfully add Big Marv [both under/over] for simply being a big ass nasty dude who played in an unfashionable position.

I loved and hated Marvin in equal measures - usually during the same match.

Dode Claros is an excellent shout for most overrated. Still mind the buzz over his loan deal.

Most underrated - can't argue with Oxley - wasn't Buffon but never got the credit he deserved during our hellish time in the seaside league.

Allant1981
02-01-2020, 06:38 PM
More goals than that In 2019 think. 6 or 7 maybe. Would have been more if he’d actually been played in the correct position consistently.

Quite possibly, that was just ones I could remember

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2020, 07:23 PM
?

?

LNHibs
02-01-2020, 07:39 PM
My under-rated XI

Oxley

Grounds
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Claros
Newell
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Keatings

My over-rated XI

Marciano

Francomb
McPake
Porteous
Mackie

Sproule (2nd spell)
Thomson
Omeonga
Barker

O'Connor (2nd spell)

GOC scores something like 18 goals that year bit harsh saying he was overrated

WestCoastHibby
02-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Underrated Lewis all day long, oh and Joe Tortolano ( I liked him! )

Overrated Jamie McLaren, Slivka

calumhibee1
02-01-2020, 09:47 PM
You rate stevie mallan so i think we will leave it there, mate. If youve got a problem pm me instead of acting like a wee lassie on a football forum behind an account ��

Have you not just done the exact same thing other than you’ve not named the posters specifically? :confused:

calumhibee1
02-01-2020, 09:48 PM

Slivka is a good one for me. Although to be fair nobody rates him excessively highly there’s still loads of folk who are insistent he should be starting when he’s not done nearly enough in 2 and a half years to merit it.

Squealing pig
02-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Mcgeough was underrated better than McGinn on his day .

Claros very overrated poor footballer especially 1st spell

BILLYHIBS
03-01-2020, 07:23 AM

Loved Joe Joe Super Joe I thought he was class sent over a mean cross always gave 100% even although he was getting pelters from the boo boys

Loved Jamie MAC all he did was score goals Last Hibby to score a hatrick versus the Hun

Whats not to like? :rolleyes:

ekhibee
04-01-2020, 12:08 AM
My under-rated XI

Oxley

Grounds
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Claros
Newell
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Keatings

My over-rated XI

Marciano

Francomb
McPake
Porteous
Mackie

Sproule (2nd spell)
Thomson
Omeonga
Barker

O'Connor (2nd spell)

I have to say that's quite brilliant, I disagree with virtually every player you've put there, all about opinions I suppose.

WeeRussell
04-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Mcgeough was underrated better than McGinn on his day .

Claros very overrated poor footballer especially 1st spell

Did Claros have two spells with us? I’ve completely forgotten about his return (or his first spell) if there was one?!

And your claim about McGeough is further evidence of how he can indeed be over rated, in my opinion :)

J-C
04-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Did Claros have two spells with us? I’ve completely forgotten about his return (or his first spell) if there was one?!

And your claim about McGeough is further evidence of how he can indeed be over rated, in my opinion :)

Did we not have him on loan with an option to buy?