PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Block

Jones28
30-12-2019, 09:05 AM
With our need for a defensive midfielder highlighted yesterday is TB the man to step in to this role? I’ve heard nothing but good things about his Queens Park performances.

Sometimes all players need are to be given the responsibility - see Ryan Porteous who has been up and down this season but has definitely been on an upward trend of improvement.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough etc etc

WillowbraeHibby
30-12-2019, 09:51 AM
With our need for a defensive midfielder highlighted yesterday is TB the man to step in to this role? I’ve heard nothing but good things about his Queens Park performances.

Sometimes all players need are to be given the responsibility - see Ryan Porteous who has been up and down this season but has definitely been on an upward trend of improvement.

I would also like to see Tommy Block given a chance with the first team. Seems to be a laddie that has the head screwed on, and he doesn't look the fragile type. :)

lyonhibs
30-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Great name.

He's our player and should be given a try out before we sign someone probably on a much higher wage who may not be much/any better.

CockneyRebel
30-12-2019, 10:17 AM

I read on here somewhere that he is being played at full back by his loan club.

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Playing well at Queens Park is one thing, would rather he got the chance to develop in a lower league than stagnate like Murray and Shaw.

TimeForHeroes16
30-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Give the boy a chance!! Take him to Spain play him in a few bounce games nothing disastrous can happen

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 10:52 AM
He’s going to Raith on loan. He’s also now playing right back.

SMAXXA
30-12-2019, 12:54 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BVYRmBge8Y

Gullan central to everything Raith done good

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say playing well in League Two is any measure of how good a player will be in the Premiership but I would certainly say he's worth a look. I'm sure Hibs will be tracking his progress.

J-C
30-12-2019, 01:13 PM

He's due back next week, wonder if he'll be included in the camp so Ross can have a look at him. Been playing inside left, possibly an option as opposed to Horgan, scores more goals and is stronger.

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Who was it that made up the baby shark tune to his name?

Thanks for that, any time I see his name I auto go do do do do do.

Haymaker
Tommy Block

Dododododdodododo

The 90+2
I wouldn't necessarily say playing well in League Two is any measure of how good a player will be in the Premiership but I would certainly say he's worth a look. I'm sure Hibs will be tracking his progress.

Worked for Robertson and Shankland. (In before anyone else posts this)

brog
30-12-2019, 02:48 PM

At the recent Brentford game I thought Jamie was our outstanding player. He's improved physically & has much more game nous about him now. Hope he makes it. Tommy B also played well at RB & Raith will be a good step up for him. Lovely lad too.

Jones28
30-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Worked for Robertson and Shankland. (In before anyone else posts this)

Maybe we should loan him to Dundee United too

Fuzzywuzzy
30-12-2019, 04:54 PM

I kind of regret doing that now. It was amusing at the time......

CyberSauzee
30-12-2019, 05:35 PM
I read on here somewhere that he is being played at full back by his loan club.

The Hibs coaching staff have switched him from midfield to full back. They believe it's a more natural position for him.

Spoke with him and his father after the dev team game against Brentford.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 05:39 PM
The Hibs coaching staff have switched him from midfield to full back. They believe it's a more natural position for him.

He was table guest at the Sponsors evening along with Lewis Allan and no-show Gael Birgamama. Humble, determined lad. Hope he does well - esp as I’ve got his signed shirt ;) didn’t do so well with the last one I came out the draw with - Osbourne...

Jones28
30-12-2019, 05:45 PM

That’s an interesting development.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 05:49 PM

Are you sure? He’s been playing midfield for Queens

CyberSauzee
30-12-2019, 06:19 PM

Definitely. I'll send you a PM

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 06:20 PM

He’s been looking more like a full back any Development game I’ve managed to get to. Don’t know what he’s doing for Queens Park but they look like they’re struggling.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 06:39 PM
He’s been looking more like a full back any Development game I’ve managed to get to. Don’t know what he’s doing for Queens Park but they look like they’re struggling.

Maybe that’s his best position, but he’s been playing in midfield for Queens

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Maybe that’s his best position, but he’s been playing in midfield for Queens

Wasn’t it what Hibs were doing with him the fellahs post related to?

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Wasn’t it what Hibs were doing with him the fellahs post related to?

I’m not doubting the poster, just thought if he was a full back in the making, we’d want QP to play him there

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 07:00 PM
I’m not doubting the poster, just thought if he was a full back in the making, we’d want QP to play him there

Don’t think it works like that somehow. And you’ve obviously seen him play full back for Hibs?

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Would agree. Parent/child club would play him in similar positions. Would be odd not to.

jacomo
30-12-2019, 09:41 PM
We’ve got a lot of young midfielders out on loan just now. Surely at least one of them will return and force their way into our first team squad?

04Sauzee
30-12-2019, 10:04 PM
We’ve got a lot of young midfielders out on loan just now. Surely at least one of them will return and force their way into our first team squad?

I would doubt it, i don't think any are actually playing in the championship? Arent they playing league 1? I could be talking keek

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 10:37 PM
I kind of regret doing that now. It was amusing at the time......

I’ve a three year old boy and a four year old girl, they sing tommy block when they put baby shark on their iPads *

*not strictly true but because of you I think of the player.

MagicSwirlingShip
30-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Never mind Block, Jamie Gullan.

There’s a player. Floated a wee bit under the radar but is highly rated by all the staff at East Mains. Next year could see a big year for the lad.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Never mind Block, Jamie Gullan.

There’s a player. Floated a wee bit under the radar but is highly rated by all the staff at East Mains. Next year could see a big year for the lad.

I don't think his name fits into the Baby Shark tune.

1875godsgift
31-12-2019, 12:49 AM
I don't think his name fits into the Baby Shark tune.

Hammerhead shark do do do do do-do.......

Brooster
31-12-2019, 07:09 AM
Time to give Block, Gullan and maybe some others a chance. They can only get better whilst 5 or 6 of the first team are only going to get worse.

brog
31-12-2019, 07:16 AM
I would doubt it, i don't think any are actually playing in the championship? Arent they playing league 1? I could be talking keek

2 are at Arbroath but now not getting much game time.

SMAXXA
31-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Time to give Block, Gullan and maybe some others a chance. They can only get better whilst 5 or 6 of the first team are only going to get worse.

Who block in to replace Hallberg 😂

Brightside
31-12-2019, 08:02 AM
Always amazing that people are wanting to replace players with others that they’ve never seen play.

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Always amazing that people are wanting to replace players with others that they’ve never seen play.

What a weird statement, I've never seen mpabbe play but I'm pretty sure I'd have him in my team before all of our forwards

hibee-boys
31-12-2019, 08:41 AM
What a weird statement, I've never seen mpabbe play but I'm pretty sure I'd have him in my team before all of our forwards

Even more weird comparison!

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 08:44 AM
Even more weird comparison!

I was clearly not comparing players was I, there are loads of players that people would like to see at the club but havent seen them play before

allezsauzee
31-12-2019, 09:38 AM
it's good to see that Gullan and Block are doing well but I'd like to think that any of our first team squad would be a totally different class to everyone else in league 1 & 2

Iggy Pope
31-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Would agree. Parent/child club would play him in similar positions. Would be odd not to.

It’s not like they’ve stuck him in goals.......

Brightside
31-12-2019, 09:55 AM

youve seen him on the telly im guessing? the vast majority on here wouldnt recognise tommy block if he was standing in their kitchen! If anyone at Hibs who actually coaches and watches the boy thinks he is good enough for the first team he will be in there.

HFC93
31-12-2019, 09:59 AM

You've never seen Mbappé on the telly? Odd comparison haha

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 10:02 AM
youve seen him on the telly im guessing? the vast majority on here wouldnt recognise tommy block if he was standing in their kitchen! If anyone at Hibs who actually coaches and watches the boy thinks he is good enough for the first team he will be in there.

Nope havent seen him play on the tv either, you are correct about block but as far as I can see there hasnt been any posts saying he should be replacing a certain player, they have said take him to spain and give him a game in a friendly and see how he gets on

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 10:03 AM
You've never seen Mbappé on the telly? Odd comparison haha

Again I wasnt comparing like for like, think that was pretty obvious unless you are really daft. It was more about not having seen a player playing but still wanting him at the club . And no I've never seen mpabbe play

Jones28
31-12-2019, 10:46 AM

The idea was based on feedback from those that have, eg Billywhizz and others who always provides updates and feedback from the development games.

G15 Hibs
31-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Tommy Block's been playing competently but not spectacularly in an inconsistent Queen's Park team. He might play better with better players alongside him, but he's not been a particular stand-out. QP played him at right-back for two games a couple of months ago but he's mainly been used as a defensive midfielder. The boy hopefully has a future, however he's some way off a call up to the Hibs first team based on his performances for QP.

Going to Raith, if that's the case, wouldn't be a bad idea and would give Hibs an idea whether he can do much at a higher level. Gullan was with Queen's for a bit a couple of years ago and didn't exactly set the heather alight then, but seems to have come onto a game now at Rovers.

HFC93
31-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Again I wasnt comparing like for like, think that was pretty obvious unless you are really daft. It was more about not having seen a player playing but still wanting him at the club . And no I've never seen mpabbe play

I'm just surprised someone who follows football hasn't seen one of the stars of the recent World Cup play on TV but fair do's.

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 12:18 PM
I'm just surprised someone who follows football hasn't seen one of the stars of the recent World Cup play on TV but fair do's.

Apart from watching hibs and occasionally scotland games I genuinely dont watch football, catch highlights on sky sports news but that's not the same and dont actually see how good a player is. Anyway that's totally going off track and away from the initial post so I'll leave it here

Brightside
31-12-2019, 04:15 PM
The idea was based on feedback from those that have, eg Billywhizz and others who always provides updates and feedback from the development games.

I've missed Billy saying the lad was good enough for the first team. I'll be surprised if he did say that tbh and he tends to know his stuff. He's miles off the first team IMHO. :aok:

J-C
31-12-2019, 07:31 PM
I've missed Billy saying the lad was good enough for the first team. I'll be surprised if he did say that tbh and he tends to know his stuff. He's miles off the first team IMHO. :aok:

I think what they said was he's done well at Queens Park, lets see what a step up in Division can do for him, he's progressing nicely but nowhere near 1st team level.

greenlex
31-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Dempster’s put the heat on Queens Park for not playing Tommy Block at RB. Result.

The Baldmans Comb
01-01-2020, 12:05 PM
I watched Tommy Block a few times though only at right back and I liked his raw energy and professionalism as he patently wants to succeed.

He tackled well but struggled a bit getting up and down the park and was caught out of position a few times.

The one area where I thought he was very weak was in anticipation and thinking ahead. He was always reactive rather than proactive and as z
a result just felt off the pace a bit.

Its a hard slog to get past the three right backs currently at the club and my gut feel is that he isn't going to make it in the short term and needs longer to mature and develop.

CyberSauzee
01-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Slightly age related, when we watched TB in the dev side away at Brentford, the outstanding Brentford player in a side of mostly 18 and 19 year olds was Jan Zamburek. Controlled the midfield for the first hour before tiring. Noticed he's on the bench for Brentford this afternoon.

fishybeaver
01-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Have seen TB twice against Edinburgh City, imo he's a long way away from first team action currently.

Diclonius
01-01-2020, 07:50 PM

Same. If he makes it to the first team it has to be his chant.