PDA

View Full Version : Bigot Taxi Driver

Tomsk
30-12-2019, 12:38 AM
I met up with a friend this evening. He had been at the game at Livingston with his son. In passing, he told me a harrowing story his son relayed of an incident when trying to get a taxi after the derby on Thursday. His son got in a black cab after the Hearts game with a friend only to be asked by the driver which team they supported. The lads told the driver they supported Hibs, upon which the driver told them to "get out the f*****g cab". As the boys didn't respond immediately the driver then told them plainly "get out the cab you f*****g Fenian c***s". Shocked, the lads didn't have the presence of mind to take the driver's number or take any other action such as ask the driver to repeat his words while they recorded it on a phone, and so simply got out of the cab.

I don't know how I would have responded in similar circumstances at my current age never mind as a 20-year old as my mate's son is now - probably not very well. I do know I am disgusted to think that bigot is driving a cab across our city.

WeveGotMcginn
30-12-2019, 12:42 AM
I met up with a friend this evening. He had been at the game at Livingston with his son. In passing, he told me a harrowing story his son relayed of an incident when trying to get a taxi after the derby on Thursday. His son got in a black cab after the Hearts game with a friend only to be asked by the driver which team they supported. The lads told the driver they supported Hibs, upon which the driver told them to "get out the f*****g cab". As the boys didn't respond immediately the driver then told them plainly "get out the cab you f*****g Fenian c***s". Shocked, the lads didn't have the presence of mind to take the driver's number or take any other action such as ask the driver to repeat his words while they recorded it on a phone, and so simply got out of the cab.

I don't know how I would have responded in similar circumstances at my current age never mind as a 20-year old as my mate's son is now - probably not very well. I do know I am disgusted to think that bigot is driving a cab across our city.

Must of been the exact same cab driver we encountered as well after leaving tynecastle. Flagged him down on the west end & he said the same thing to us, happened too quick to be able to get a note of his reg plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McIntosh
30-12-2019, 01:29 AM
There is enough camera in Edinburgh - if these lads can remember the approximate time and the place, the police should be able to investigate this matter. I would strongly encourage them to take this matter to them. Them and the huns have something wrong with them, there really is something missing.

EH6 Hibby
30-12-2019, 01:40 AM
There is enough camera in Edinburgh - if these lads can remember the approximate time and the place, the police should be able to investigate this matter. I would strongly encourage them to take this matter to them. Them and the huns have something wrong with them, there really is something missing.

I was just about to post exactly the same thing. CCTV will have picked up the driver. Personally I don’t think someone with such obvious anger issues should be allowed to drive a taxi.

Frankhfc
30-12-2019, 01:43 AM
Extremely disturbing behaviour. Edinburgh has never been as bad as Glasgow for sectarianism and he should be reported and outed for what he is before too long.

jgl07
30-12-2019, 01:53 AM

He should have taken the number and reported it to the City Council.

The driver could lose his licence for that.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 06:46 AM
I can think of one driver I have encountered in the past that fits that type of behaviour and language, an absolute erse of a guy, who treats wheelchairs and short journeys in the same manner. No way of knowing if it’s the same guy of course but I could well imagine it being him even though I don’t know his football allegiance.

Since452
30-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Hard man saying that to a 20 year old

Moody Blues
30-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Report it to the council. They have mugshots for id for taxi drivers and i am sure with his description they will find him. Its your word against his though, and if he denies it, there is bot much that can happen to him.

Aldo
30-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Should not could imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 08:50 AM
Report it to the council. They have mugshots for id for taxi drivers and i am sure with his description they will find him. Its your word against his though, and if he denies it, there is bot much that can happen to him.

Do black cabs not have cameras in them?

30-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Haha what a clown. Glad to see he took the defeat well

Weegreenman
30-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Taxi drivers are not a law unto themselves. If you have problems with a taxi driver, here’s how you can identity them and who to report them to.

Taxi plate number = The number on the yellow plate.

Registration number = The number on the the reg plate.

Radio company number unless a street cab. = The white, yellow or orange letters and numbers stuck on the windscreen and the back windows. Examples = ( V?? City Cabs) ( P?? Central taxis ) ( C?? Comcabs)

Taxi drivers can be reported to the cab office.
Phone, +44 131 529 5800
Drivers need to be fit and proper to drive a taxi and it sounds like this clown is letting all the other good taxi drivers down.

Carheenlea
30-12-2019, 09:34 AM
The most worrying thing here is that someone who is clearly mentally unstable has a license to drive members of the public in a cab. Needs taken off the road ASAP for his own benefit as well as the public.

J-C
30-12-2019, 09:36 AM
I'm a cabbie and that's shocking behaviour, did he get the plate number or the taxi license plate, was it a street taxi or with a company like Central or City. Contact Marcos Martinez at CEC licensing dept.

Anthony Soprano
30-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Horrendous, what a ****bag.

I don't get taxi's often but i really hope I end up in his, he wouldn't get off so lightly.

Really is a shame they never got a reg plate, sure there's still ways you could identify him if you go via the council.

J-C
30-12-2019, 09:39 AM

Won't lose his licence but will be reprimanded and given a warning of future behaviour.

Weegreenman
30-12-2019, 09:41 AM
The most worrying thing here is that someone who is clearly mentally unstable has a license to drive members of the public in a cab. Needs taken off the road ASAP for his own benefit as well as the public.

Couldn’t agree more. This needs to be reported to the authorities before this causes more embarrassment to a trade that’s really struggling as it is without morons like this giving the good taxi drivers of this city a bad name.

Weegreenman
30-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Won't lose his licence but will be reprimanded and given a warning of future behaviour.

Don’t kid yourself, this is sectarianism. He could well lose his licence if proven guilty or if he has any previous.

J-C
30-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Don’t kid yourself, this is sectarianism. He could well lose his licence if proven guilty or if he has any previous.

I know how the council and cab office work. He'll get severely reprimanded and a final warning.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 09:55 AM

That's shocking if that's the case.

calumhibee1
30-12-2019, 10:32 AM
I think there is a wee bit of fantasy at play if anyone thinks this is a high enough level crime to merit trawling the CCTV.

It is hardly a life changing experience to be so pathetically insulted by someone who has obviously been working too long, and may be under who knows what stress.

No excuse for it, but maybe a reason, and possibly cause for people to get this into perspective.

To be honest what alarms me is what a nation of clipes we are becoming, and how much resilience we lack.

There is surely someone people can write to about this.

:faf:

Aye, ok.

Let’s hope no black person ever gets called a ****** by someone and told to get off the bus/train/plane/out a shop etc. I mean, it’s just words and all that. The abuser might even have worked a bit long that day.

Edit: the swear filter didn’t seem to pick that one up somehow?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 10:34 AM
I think there is a wee bit of fantasy at play if anyone thinks this is a high enough level crime to merit trawling the CCTV.

It is hardly a life changing experience to be so pathetically insulted by someone who has obviously been working too long, and may be under who knows what stress.

No excuse for it, but maybe a reason, and possibly cause for people to get this into perspective.

To be honest what alarms me is what a nation of clipes we are becoming, and how much resilience we lack.

“nation of clipes” is quite a sweeping statement - can you see it that far away from the Philippines?

lapsedhibee
30-12-2019, 10:37 AM
“nation of clipes” is quite a sweeping statement - can you see it that far away from the Philippines?

Only needs to be visible from New Mexico, tbf.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 10:38 AM

Refusing someone to travel in public transport due to their assumed religion/ethnicity is discriminatory and highly illegal.

neil7908
30-12-2019, 10:47 AM
That's shocking if that's the case.

Absolutely. No wonder we're having such a hard time getting rid of sectarianism when even the authorities don't treat it seriously.

If I spoke to a customer like that at my work I'd be out the door before I'd finished talking.

Anthony Soprano
30-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Now that you explain it, I can see my mistake.

The Orange Order are obviously sponsoring undercover cabbies to go about putting the Catholic (and look like Catholic) population in a state of alarm.

These guys could really do untold damage, by peddling their religious hatred incognito. If we don't act soon, this place could be like the Bogside before we know it.

This is part of the creeping domination of society by the LOL (they always make me laugh.)

What you on about, and why are you trying to justify the bigot taxi drivers actions, you can't go about calling people fenians and refusing them service based on religion/ethnicity, c'mon to f*** man.

-Jonesy-
30-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Bigot apologist

Betty Boop
30-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Surprised at a black cab driver carrying on like that to be honest. Why did none of the passengers not take his number and report it to the Council ?

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 11:03 AM
The problem with using irony to make a point is that people can often misunderstand the intention. Please hear me while I explain my position.

The actions of the taxi driver were beyond the pail. If the boys had his number, they would be right to complain to the cab office.

I happen to know of at least one cabbie who has done much the same to Hearts fans. Not big, not clever, but certainly human.

Then there is the famous Sparryheid story about a Hibs barman refusing to serve a Hearts supporter, for no other reason than he was a nerd.

I am completely in favour of the Police trying to track this guy down. However, I would be less happy if it meant resources being diverted from more serious crimes, such as robbery or sex crimes.

If, on arrest, the culprit was to acknowledge it was wrong, and give possible mitigating factors such as pressure of work, or personal problems, I would listen to them.

I would just like to see justice done, and a dispassionate approach to the truth.

Good to see you back tracking after being called out

lapsedhibee
30-12-2019, 11:05 AM
The problem with using irony to make a point is that people can often misunderstand the intention. Please hear me while I explain my position.

The actions of the taxi driver were beyond the pail. If the boys had his number, they would be right to complain to the cab office.

I happen to know of at least one cabbie who has done much the same to Hearts fans. Not big, not clever, but certainly human.

Then there is the famous Sparryheid story about a Hibs barman refusing to serve a Hearts supporter, for no other reason than he was a nerd.

I am completely in favour of the Police trying to track this guy down. However, I would be less happy if it meant resources being diverted from more serious crimes, such as robbery or sex crimes.

If, on arrest, the culprit was to acknowledge it was wrong, and give possible mitigating factors such as pressure of work, or personal problems, I would listen to them.

I would just like to see justice done, and a dispassionate approach to the truth.

Pale! It's a bit of ye olde Ireland.

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Pale! It's a bit of ye olde Ireland.

Naw, he was right, it being a bucket case. :wink:

Cataplana
30-12-2019, 11:08 AM
What you on about, and why are you trying to justify the bigot taxi drivers actions, you can't go about calling people fenians and refusing them service based on religion/ethnicity, c'mon to f*** man.

No, I wasn't, I was trying to explain how unlikely it was that the police will see this as a high level crime.

lapsedhibee
30-12-2019, 11:09 AM
I meant pail, as in pailing fence. But thank you for the distraction all the same.

Paling.

HFC93
30-12-2019, 11:10 AM

Absolutely pathetic post and the sort of attitude that allows sectarianism to thrive in Scotland.

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Paling.

And getting paler by the second :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Pailing is an alternative form of paling. I'm here to promote diversity.

Get out ma fckin taxi!

Now you are hedging your bets. :wink:

Halmyre Hibee
30-12-2019, 11:15 AM
No, I wasn't, I was trying to explain how unlikely it was that the police will see this as a high level crime.

And there lies the problem.

matty_f
30-12-2019, 11:15 AM
One wonders what Filled Rolls would have to say about all of this, if he hadn’t been banned. Would imagine this would be exactly the sort of topic he’d bring his unique style of trolling to.

The Modfather
30-12-2019, 11:21 AM
One wonders what Filled Rolls would have to say about all of this, if he hadn’t been banned. Would imagine this would be exactly the sort of topic he’d bring his unique style of trolling to.

Out of interest, do many banned posters attempt a comeback under a different guise?

Yours,

MWC

Halmyre Hibee
30-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Anti Semitism, Islamophobia & racism on the news daily. In my opinion sectarianism is equally repulsive. The authorities, police and indeed football authorities should make this their priority in Scotland. Give Sectarianism the Red Card as well.

matty_f
30-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Out of interest, do many banned posters attempt a comeback under a different guise?

Yours,

MWC

It has been known.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 11:35 AM
2-3 days should suffice for an attempted respawning or resurrection -sufficient time to roll the excess baggage away :)

Anthony Soprano
30-12-2019, 11:43 AM

I am Spartacus!

emerald green
30-12-2019, 12:05 PM
The taxi driver concerned might say something like what the OP posted to the wrong person one day, and get a sore face for his trouble. Not that I'm condoning that. Just saying.

hfc rd
30-12-2019, 01:15 PM
I know how the council and cab office work. He'll get severely reprimanded and a final warning.

That’s absolutely ridiculous if that is the case.

Leith Green
30-12-2019, 01:23 PM
The taxi driver concerned might say something like what the OP posted to the wrong person one day, and get a sore face for his trouble. Not that I'm condoning that. Just saying.

You could put your house on the taxi driver being very selective in who he is saying that to. I can guarantee right now that he would have been dragged out of his taxi and given a severe dull yin by quite a lot of people attending the game. I include myself in that , absolute bellend and a bully..

Hiber-nation
30-12-2019, 01:26 PM

I think I know the answer to that :wink:

Hibbyradge
30-12-2019, 01:35 PM
I include myself in that , absolute bellend and a bully..

I usually admire self deprecation, but you shouldn't be so tough on yourself.

Not So Young
30-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Bigotry needs to be called out each and every time

Whether it is based on skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, race or gender

Basildon Hibs
30-12-2019, 02:41 PM
You could put your house on the taxi driver being very selective in who he is saying that to. I can guarantee right now that he would have been dragged out of his taxi and given a severe dull yin by quite a lot of people attending the game. I include myself in that , absolute bellend and a bully..

Spot on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Extremely disturbing behaviour. Edinburgh has never been as bad as Glasgow for sectarianism and he should be reported and outed for what he is before too long.

I watched the game in The Harrow in Dalkeith yesterday, some of the stuff that one particular Rangers knuckledragger was coming out with was unbelievable, he even managed to shout that he was going to rape Neil Lennon when he appeared on the tv screen! 😲

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 02:51 PM
I watched the game in The Harrow in Dalkeith yesterday, some of the stuff that one particular Rangers knuckledragger was coming out with was unbelievable, he even managed to shout that he was going to rape Neil Lennon when he appeared on the tv screen! 😲

Sadly, that kind of stuff isn't confined to the West of Scotland.

I wonder what the common denominator is among people with those kind of views?

:hmmm:

pollution
30-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Going back to the original issue I think it is up to the 20 year old man who was there.

Either put it down to the driver having a bad day or give up if he did not note the id of the cab.

Not that I am condoning or other wise.

Put it down to experience.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Thankfully the lads didn’t do what many folk on here are suggesting they would have done. I can just see the headline now “ Hibs thugs attack Hearts supporting taxi driver after derby victory”

Aim Here
30-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Thankfully the lads didn’t do what many folk on here are suggesting they would have done. I can just see the headline now “ Hibs thugs attack Hearts supporting taxi driver after derby victory”

Would it really be a Hearts-supporting driver? The folks who attach a lot of sectarian significance to the Edinburgh (or even Dundee) teams tend to be either Old Firm fans themselves (who want to believe that the rest of Scottish fitba' is just as bad as they are), or alternatively outsiders who aren't really familiar with Scottish fan culture and assume that the other cities have a mini-Old Firm.

I think it's far more likely this taxi driver is a Rangers fan.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 07:42 PM

It wasn’t unique to him. He was a tiresome erse. Hope he’s watching seeing as he couldn’t possibly reply.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Is it a board full of SPFL refs that make those decisions then?

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Would it really be a Hearts-supporting driver? The folks who attach a lot of sectarian significance to the Edinburgh (or even Dundee) teams tend to be either Old Firm fans themselves (who want to believe that the rest of Scottish fitba' is just as bad as they are), or alternatively outsiders who aren't really familiar with Scottish fan culture and assume that the other cities have a mini-Old Firm.

I think it's far more likely this taxi driver is a Rangers fan.

It was a hypothetical headline based on the Derby, I didn’t give it that much thought.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2019, 07:51 PM
It wasn’t unique to him. He was a tiresome erse. Hope he’s watching seeing as he couldn’t possibly reply.

I thought he was quite amusing.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2019, 08:01 PM
I thought he was quite amusing.

Well you’re not him, that’s clear.

Hibernia&Alba
30-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Was it Travis Bickle driving that taxi? The guy has serious rage issues; you should definitely report him.

EI255
30-12-2019, 08:34 PM

The driver could lose his licence for that.Not could. He WOULD lose his licence.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
30-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Report it to the council. They have mugshots for id for taxi drivers and i am sure with his description they will find him. Its your word against his though, and if he denies it, there is bot much that can happen to him.Not if there's two of you.

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Filled Rolls should get a 2020 reprieve,welcomed back with open arms :wink:

Sammy7nil
30-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Have been put out two taxi's

Once at Queen St going to Firhill got off the train at 7:30 jumped in the taxi the guy takes his time folding the paper real slow my mate says get a move on we want to see the KO the guy takes offence we end in a f u moment jump out in to another taxi. The guy see us at Firhill with another fare and gives the get up ya :greengrin

Another time we are in the taxi talking about Hibs got in at the Centurian pub after stopping off in the way back from Parkhead the taxi driver takes the huff my mate asks if he is Jambo he stopped the cab and asked us to get out at the zoo :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
30-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Spot on.

Takes a bigot to know a bigot. Best catch him and leave him to lose his job, it'd be justice and hurt him a lot more than lamping him. No need to kid on that you're a tough guy.

lord bunberry
30-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Have been put out two taxi's

Once at Queen St going to Firhill got off the train at 7:30 jumped in the taxi the guy takes his time folding the paper real slow my mate says get a move on we want to see the KO the guy takes offence we end in a f u moment jump out in to another taxi. The guy see us at Firhill with another fare and gives the get up ya :greengrin

Another time we are in the taxi talking about Hibs got in at the Centurian pub after stopping off in the way back from Parkhead the taxi driver takes the huff my mate asks if he is Jambo he stopped the cab and asked us to get out at the zoo :greengrin
I wouldn’t be overly happy being told to get a move on either.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2019, 10:15 PM
I wouldn’t be overly happy being told to get a move on either.

He wasn't :greengrin however we were paying customers and in a hurry to get somewhere it was a cup game after all. We had colours on and I am sure he was not keen to take us.

Vini1875
30-12-2019, 10:40 PM
I don't know why people think there is no sectarian issue in Edinburgh, especially among the hearts support. I have been called a fenian ******* a few times and told to f*** off back to Ireland at Hibs hearts games going back to the 70s granted, but the last time was when the East Stand was being built.

Not sure what the young boys should have done, but they best be prepared to face this stuff. Not afraid but prepared. There are half-wits like this taxi driver dotted around the place.

J-C
30-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Is it a board full of SPFL refs that make those decisions then?

The council are ****ing useless and the cab office are pretty much the same, half the time the care not a jot unless you're parked outside the Balmoral and they want to through the book at you for picking up at the stairs to the Waverley there.

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 02:04 AM
the moral of this post/story is...…..always ask a black cab cabbie, before mounting his chariot.... excuse me sir, before taking our fare, do you transport fenians catholics jews muslims gay people or just ordinary laymen/women etc etc or do you actually have deep down issues? otherwise, we'd prefer to go by bus.

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 02:07 AM
oops, forgot to refer to gender issues, re-cab driver questionnaire. It might be a wummin driver.

CentreLine
31-12-2019, 07:47 AM
The council are ****ing useless and the cab office are pretty much the same, half the time the care not a jot unless you're parked outside the Balmoral and they want to through the book at you for picking up at the stairs to the Waverley there.

Interesting. To be honest I am glad they are taking action against taxi drivers that create an unofficial rank at the Balmoral. They cause absolute mayhem at that junction. There are two official ranks to accommodate taxis at the Waverley but still the selfish individuals want more.
No problem with drivers responding to being flagged down or for pre-arranged pick-up but this ignorant, unofficial ranking is not doing the reputation of taxi drivers any favours.

Since90+2
31-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Interesting. To be honest I am glad they are taking action against taxi drivers that create an unofficial rank at the Balmoral. They cause absolute mayhem at that junction. There are two official ranks to accommodate taxis at the Waverley but still the selfish individuals want more.
No problem with drivers responding to being flagged down or for pre-arranged pick-up but this ignorant, unofficial ranking is not doing the reputation of taxi drivers any favours.

Yip totally agree. Taxi drivers creating that unofficial rank outside the Balmoral which creates massive tailbacks around that area and then complain when they get told to move on.

Taxi drivers are quick enough to complain if they see a private hire picking up off the street but think nothing of ignoring council rules by parking outside the Balmoral.

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2019, 08:19 AM

Couldn't agree more. The ones who over rank on Market St are just as bad. Does my nut in and I drive a black cab :greengrin

Best thing about Waverley as well is more often than not all you'll get is a fiver fare...

J-C
31-12-2019, 08:40 AM

The problem there is the steps leading to the station, people come out there, so only natural taxis will wait to pick up. They extended the bus stop there and the biggest problem is buses trying to get in and out, they could easily have put a 3 car rank there.
The facilities for taxis at Waverley is poor, 4 cars on bridge and about 11 on market street, never enough to fulfill it's needs.

Keith_M
31-12-2019, 09:40 AM
... I have been called a fenian ******* a few times and told to f*** off back to Ireland ....

Do you always wander around with a tri-colour in your hand, like in your photo?

Moody Blues
31-12-2019, 09:41 AM
That’s absolutely ridiculous if that is the case.

Because its the drivers word against the Passengers.
The driver would deny saying what the passenger heard.

Eyrie
31-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Because its the drivers word against the Passengers.
The driver would deny saying what the passenger heard.

Still worth filing a complaint.

Nothing may happen as a result of one complaint, but if the same complaint is made several times by different people then there is corroboration. I think it's called the Moorov Rule in law.

Solonleith1
31-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Yup, moorov law if multiple people have experienced it. Can provide corroboration if circumstances are right. Also definitely criminal and would be investigated. In any case sure the cab office dont work to the parameters of scots law. At least worth reporting there. May even know what cabs were in area at that time. Also in any case says boys friend got in back of cab with friend. Surely he can speak to the same no?

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Report it to the police. They may not do much but still worthwhile. If the guys a repeat offender they might have an idea who it is.

And get an incident number off them for chasing it up.

Cabbie1875
31-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Thas an absolute disgrace, the guy needs to have a good hard look at himself

Cabbie1875
31-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Report it to the police. They may not do much but still worthwhile. If the guys a repeat offender they might have an idea who it is.

And get an incident number off them for chasing it up.
It shoild be reported to the cab office in Murrayburn, if you email it they will action it

CMurdoch
31-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Do you always wander around with a tri-colour in your hand, like in your photo?

That's what i was thinking.
If a Hearts supporter attended a game at Easter Road carrying a Union Jack they would get loads of abuse from our numpties and the rest of us would think they were a saddo and leave it at that.

CMurdoch
31-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Yup, moorov law if multiple people have experienced it. Can provide corroboration if circumstances are right. Also definitely criminal and would be investigated. In any case sure the cab office dont work to the parameters of scots law. At least worth reporting there. May even know what cabs were in area at that time. Also in any case says boys friend got in back of cab with friend. Surely he can speak to the same no?

It's the Moorov doctrine.
Not a law, comes from a stated case Moorov v HM Advocate from 1930

Vini1875
31-12-2019, 09:14 PM
That's what i was thinking.
If a Hearts supporter attended a game at Easter Road carrying a Union Jack they would get loads of abuse from our numpties and the rest of us would think they were a saddo and leave it at that.

You don't need to have a tri-colour, a green scarf and harp is good enough for some of them. I don't believe we have the same issues that they do.

1875godsgift
31-12-2019, 09:41 PM
You don't need to have a tri-colour, a green scarf and harp is good enough for some of them. I don't believe we have the same issues that they do.

So do you always carry a harp? Are they not quite heavy?

31-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Black cab drivers are generally utter fuds in my experience so I use Uber most of the time

hibeelady
31-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Black cab drivers are generally utter fuds in my experience so I use Uber most of the time

Totally unfair to a trade that’s getting harder and harder to earn from with much more outgoings than Uber etc.

Smartie
31-12-2019, 11:03 PM

Black cab drivers are totally sound in my experience. I only ever seem to need them when I need to get from work to ER for midweek games, leading to inevitable discussions about football. A high proportion seem to be jambos and good for a 10 minute blether.

The sort of stuff referred to in the OP is nothing like I’ve ever encountered, and if I did then it would be reported immediately. Totally unacceptable in this day and age and city.

31-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Totally unfair to a trade that’s getting harder and harder to earn from with much more outgoings than Uber etc.

They should improve their service and I’d use them. They’re not a charity

J-C
31-12-2019, 11:21 PM
They should improve their service and I’d use them. They’re not a charity

No we are a business and trying to earn a living, we sit a topographical test and been in the city as part of the public transport since around 1925, crack on with the insults and lets hope your Uber tonight isn't a 4x surge just because it's new year, taxi's will charge just over meter and a half as normal, no matter how busy it is.

hibeelady
31-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Didn’t imply they were!! Costs a fortune to own and run a black cab. There’s good and bad in all walks of life. Don’t make out they are all bad or their service either, there’s plenty of good ones out there.

Doh Rae Me
31-12-2019, 11:54 PM

You sir are a fud

Vini1875
01-01-2020, 12:12 AM
So do you always carry a harp? Are they not quite heavy?

Just a small one cos I'm such a f***ing angel.

1875godsgift
01-01-2020, 01:08 AM
Just a small one cos I'm such a f***ing angel.

Harpy New Year to you!:flag:

CMurdoch
01-01-2020, 01:21 AM

by that logic Uber drivers will be uber fuds :wink:

CMurdoch
01-01-2020, 01:25 AM

Can never be arsed carrying a phone to the game never mind a harp.
Greensleeves ya bass.

Weegreenman
01-01-2020, 11:06 AM
I don't know why people think there is no sectarian issue in Edinburgh, especially among the hearts support. I have been called a fenian ******* a few times and told to f*** off back to Ireland at Hibs hearts games going back to the 70s granted, but the last time was when the East Stand was being built.

Not sure what the young boys should have done, but they best be prepared to face this stuff. Not afraid but prepared. There are half-wits like this taxi driver dotted around the place.

They are a horrible little club, sectarianism is rife from top to bottom.

CMurdoch
01-01-2020, 01:29 PM

Ah, dogma masquerading as the truth. The we are good, they are bad guff.
You are damning their club, policies, staff and players as sectarian.
As for their 400k supporters, like ours most simply support their team through good and bad and have no time for the few hundred selfish attention seekers who drag their club down with their assortment of anti social behaviours. They have no more control over them than we have over our bottle and seat throwers.

Cataplana
01-01-2020, 02:12 PM

Do you have evidence to support your claim that sectarianism is at play at the higher levels of the club?

The Harp
01-01-2020, 02:41 PM

I have no time at all for that club but sectarianism is not something I would accuse them of.
The same can't be said of a section of their support, however.

MB62
01-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Totally football unrelated but defo on topic.
A very good friend of mine had been visiting her 84 & 96 year parents yesterday and decided to phone for a GETT taxi. When she got in the cab, apparently the driver became immediately abusive, simply because she had not answered her phone, which she hadn't heard ringing. The verbal abuse continued throughout the short trip and my friend was very concerned for her own safety.
Thankfully she was unharmed but shaken, she has reported the incident to the police who have arranged to call and rake a statement. She was aware enough to take the cab number so hopefully this will end up with one less ******** driving a cab.

JimboHibs
01-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Totally football unrelated but defo on topic.
A very good friend of mine had been visiting her 84 & 96 year parents yesterday and decided to phone for a GETT taxi. When she got in the cab, apparently the driver became immediately abusive, simply because she had not answered her phone, which she hadn't heard ringing. The verbal abuse continued throughout the short trip and my friend was very concerned for her own safety.
Thankfully she was unharmed but shaken, she has reported the incident to the police who have arranged to call and rake a statement. She was aware enough to take the cab number so hopefully this will end up with one less ******** driving a cab.

You cant phone for a Gett taxi ?

And she wouldnt have to take drivers details as its an app based booking platform that gives you drivers name,reg,phone no etc.

Regardless hope she gets it resolved 👍

MB62
01-01-2020, 09:28 PM

And she wouldnt have to take drivers details as its an app based booking platform that gives you drivers name,reg,phone no etc.

Not a service I have ever used so don't know how it works. From what you say, this guy should be easily traced.

SeanWilson
01-01-2020, 09:49 PM

Spot on.

EI255
02-01-2020, 05:10 PM
Think I would have departed his cab and probably kicked it, had I been drunk. I'd be up for a dash that's for sure.

calumhibee1
02-01-2020, 05:56 PM

Think you’ll be in the minority there. Never had any major issues with a black cab driver, or an Uber driver for that matter. Just guys (and gals) trying to do their job.

zitelli62
04-01-2020, 12:34 AM
Never used uber have used black cabs most of my life never really had any problems but on new years day I used beep beep for the first time and they were great new the price before I got in which was very reasonable so would use again nothing against black cabs just purely price but both do a great service every walk of life has one person who let's the rest down.

Speedy
04-01-2020, 12:46 AM
Never used uber have used black cabs most of my life never really had any problems but on new years day I used beep beep for the first time and they were great new the price before I got in which was very reasonable so would use again nothing against black cabs just purely price but both do a great service every walk of life has one person who let's the rest down.

I refuse to use beep beep because their adverts are annoying