PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross post match interview

ekhibee
29-12-2019, 10:52 PM
I don't usually bother watching or listening to these, but I have to say I totally agreed with what the manager had to say. Just my opinion of course.

https://youtu.be/_mJjFOIHkoM

SMAXXA
29-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Agree was an honest interview. Anyone questioning the players hurting just need to watch big Daz post match, you can tell how gutted he is.

wookie70
29-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Agree was an honest interview. Anyone questioning the players hurting just need to watch big Daz post match, you can tell how gutted he is.

I took more from the Daz interview. No-one can question he feels a bad result.

theonlywayisup
30-12-2019, 11:59 AM
My thinking is that yesterday's result was that it was very reminiscent of the Hecky era. During Hecky's time, the majority of fans were saying that we need to play Doidge and Kamberi together and we needed more steel in midfield. We've had good results when we've gone with Doidge and Kamberi as a front two and the midfield has generally been much better balanced. The better balance in midfield makes it easier for the defence and a solid base to start attacks.

Yesterday, we were back to a Hecky display. Doidge had no chance with the balls that we played towards him. The midfield had zero control meaning that the Allan effect was neutralised. The defense was then struggling to play through the middle and kept being put under pressure by their hardworking ethic.

As disappointing as it was, I'm not planning to get involved in the Hibs.net "let bin them" approach. I actually think some more steel in midfield would help. Yesterday, was never a day to play Boyle and Horgan. I would have sacrificed one or even both of them by playing an extra man in midfield and a strike partner for Doidge. Unfortunately, Murray and Shaw haven't impressed and convinced me that they would have done anything better had they started the game.