PDA

View Full Version : January transfers

Wellbankhibby
29-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Would like to see us move for Dykes from Livingston and miller from Hamilton.

Stuart93
29-12-2019, 08:48 PM
We should’ve been looking at players like Dykes when he was at QOTS in the championship. There’s plenty players in that league who could step up

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 09:04 PM
We should’ve been looking at players like Dykes when he was at QOTS in the championship. There’s plenty players in that league who could step up

He only scored about 13 goals in over 90 games, this place would have been going nuts if we had signed him then

Unseen work
29-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Am I not right in saying this is Dykes most prolific season in Scotland? Don’t think he was as near a regular scorer at QOTS.

Pick a couple of players from the following and we would improve:

Centre back
Jason Kerr
Jack Hendry
Efe Ambrose

Left back
Stephen Kingsley
Luke Leahy
Reece James
Daniel Harvie
Nathan Ralph

Centre midfield
Gary Dicker
Dylan McGeouch
Alan Campbell
Greg Doherty
Stephane Omeonga
Yussef Mulumbu
Kyle Magennis

Winger
Lewis Morgan
James Scott
Matthew Kennedy
Lewis Smith
Luke McCowan
Paul McMullan

Striker
Eamon Brophy
Louis Moult
Ross Stewart
Kevin Nisbet

That’s the sort of players we should/ should have went for but some may be outwith our budget now.

Ball winning centre mid is essential but they’re few and far between now.

Hibee Mac
29-12-2019, 10:09 PM
I'd rather we looked further afield and found the Hallberg/Omeonga of these positions we are trying to fill.

Stuart93
29-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Am I not right in saying this is Dykes most prolific season in Scotland? Don’t think he was as near a regular scorer at QOTS.

Centre back
Jason Kerr
Jack Hendry
Efe Ambrose

Left back
Stephen Kingsley
Luke Leahy
Reece James
Daniel Harvie
Nathan Ralph

Centre midfield
Gary Dicker
Dylan McGeouch
Alan Campbell
Greg Doherty
Stephane Omeonga
Yussef Mulumbu
Kyle Magennis

Winger
Lewis Morgan
James Scott
Matthew Kennedy
Lewis Smith
Luke McCowan
Paul McMullan

Striker
Eamon Brophy
Louis Moult
Ross Stewart
Kevin Nisbet

That’s the sort of players we should/ should have went for but some may be outwith our budget now.

Forward this list on to the correct person

badabing67
29-12-2019, 11:37 PM

Centre back
Jason Kerr
Jack Hendry
Efe Ambrose

Left back
Stephen Kingsley
Luke Leahy
Reece James
Daniel Harvie
Nathan Ralph

Centre midfield
Gary Dicker
Dylan McGeouch
Alan Campbell
Greg Doherty
Stephane Omeonga
Yussef Mulumbu
Kyle Magennis

Winger
Lewis Morgan
James Scott
Matthew Kennedy
Lewis Smith
Luke McCowan
Paul McMullan

Striker
Eamon Brophy
Louis Moult
Ross Stewart
Kevin Nisbet

I think we should sign Mikel Miller, looks decent in this league

Perd Hapley
30-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Marc McNulty has been in and out of Sunderland's squad without making much impact on the pitch from what I gather - given he's on a season-long loan and still contracted to Reading one would have to imagine it's one for the next transfer window barring a change of circumstances but Ross obviously knows him and he's exactly what we need up top IMHO. You'd think given he's going nowhere at present he'd be happy enough to get on board again - for his Scotland career if nothing else.

The other obvious Sunderland man is McGeouch - I'd take Watmore back in a hot second too but can't see that happening.

Agree with others that a striker and an honest-to-goodness DM ought to be priorities - someone with the requisite bite and athleticism to enforce the press and grant Hallberg, Mallan and Allan the license to push up. Likewise a right-back for the future - Naismith does the job but even on a permanent I'm not sure I see him as a long-term solution. Likewise a CH to play with Porteous once Daz and Hanlon hang their boots up, and someone to either replace Horgan or provide him the competition to improve.

For all that I actually don't think we're far away from a good squad - 3 or 4 solid signings in the right places and we'll have strength in depth IMO

also relevant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50762983

Captain Trips
31-12-2019, 12:25 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=6&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

A lot of free DMs in this lot.

Michael
31-12-2019, 12:57 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=6&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

A lot of free DMs in this lot.

Mulumbu still free - is he retired?

HoboHarry
31-12-2019, 01:05 AM
I would like to transfer about 5 kilos back to the food and wine section I apparently got it from over Christmas......

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 01:32 AM
I would like to transfer about 5 kilos back to the food and wine section I apparently got it from over Christmas......you've taken that too far .

allezsauzee
31-12-2019, 10:07 AM
He only scored about 13 goals in over 90 games, this place would have been going nuts if we had signed him then

Agreed and I'd be very wary of signing strikers who are on a bit of a hot streak for half a season when there is so much more evidence (ie 3 seasons in the Championship) that he isn't that prolific. At 24 , he could be a late developer but I'd say it' s more likely he is just having his day in the sun over the past 4 months.

easty
31-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Centre back
Jason Kerr
Jack Hendry
Efe Ambrose

Left back
Stephen Kingsley
Luke Leahy
Reece James
Daniel Harvie
Nathan Ralph

Centre midfield
Gary Dicker
Dylan McGeouch
Alan Campbell
Greg Doherty
Stephane Omeonga
Yussef Mulumbu
Kyle Magennis

Winger
Lewis Morgan
James Scott
Matthew Kennedy
Lewis Smith
Luke McCowan
Paul McMullan

Striker
Eamon Brophy
Louis Moult
Ross Stewart
Kevin Nisbet

Is there another Reece James? Cos the one at Chelsea can’t possibly be a real suggestion.

Jack Hendry is *****. I’d not drop Hanlon or Porteous for him.

Nicho87
31-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Someone got footy manager for Christmas.

I heard mark Kerr was the next best thing, he free

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Someone got footy manager for Christmas.

I heard mark Kerr was the next best thing, he free

How good was he in football manager, was always my first signing!!