PDA

View Full Version : Pay at the gate today

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 07:37 PM
What an absolute shambles. One bloke in a kiosk. At 5 mins to kick off there was a queue as far at the eye could see.

I’m assuming a few hundred sacked it and went home because the crowd didn’t swell much after I got in and there were 100’s behind me.

judas
29-12-2019, 07:38 PM
That sounds like a tinpot club, you know, like the one that beat us with ease today.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 07:41 PM
What an absolute shambles. One bloke in a kiosk. At 5 mins to kick off there was a queue as far at the eye could see.

I’m assuming a few hundred sacked it and went home because the crowd didn’t swell much after I got in and there were 100’s behind me.

Was a shambles in the ground.

I got my tickets online last night, got up to my seat and somebody else had the exact same seat ticket as me. My mates seat wasn’t there and there was just a gap instead where the seat should have been. We just sat in seats close by and waited to see if anybody complained we were in their seats, nobody did despite the area being busy and it looked like lots of other people were having similar problems.

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 07:42 PM

I’m assuming a few hundred sacked it and went home because the crowd didn’t swell much after I got in and there were 100’s behind me.Unbelievable mate I stood in that queue for an hour freezing my nuts off
What a huge balls up and I don't know if I blame hibs for giving us duff info about cash at the gate and closing the bloody ticket office before xmas eve or livis fault for having one radge wee pod open?? Guys were actually turned away at first because they didn't have the exact £25 and if it wasn't for the polis getting another few turnstiles open and an option to pay with card etc then god knows when I would have got in

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Unbelievable mate I stood in that queue for an hour freezing my nuts off
What a huge balls up and I don't know if I blame hibs for giving us duff info about cash at the gate and closing the bloody ticket office before xmas eve or livis fault for having one radge wee pod open?? Guys were actually turned away at first because they didn't have the exact £25 and if it wasn't for the polis getting another few turnstiles open and an option to pay with card etc then god knows when I would have got in

Hibs will only quote what Livi told us

Sir David Gray
29-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Clubs that can't handle big crowds genuinely shouldn't be allowed in the top flight.

I was ok as I bought my tickets ages ago but sounds like a total farce.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Clubs that can't handle big crowds genuinely shouldn't be allowed in the top flight.

I was ok as I bought my tickets ages ago but sounds like a total farce.

Unfortunately compounded with the time of year

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Hibs will only quote what Livi told usFair enough mate and you are probably right but what's with closing the ticket office for such a length of time when we have an away game at livi
I get its the holiday season etc but how much would it cost to have had it open on the Fri? Especially after the result we got on Thursday
Not everyone can download tickets or print them and I found it a bit radge

DaveF
29-12-2019, 07:50 PM
It's always been the same story at Livingston. It's one of the reasons I hate going there.

That, and getting beat 😁

Steve88
29-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Didn't miss much inside the stadium. Probably had more entertainment in the queue

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Did anyone on here give up and go home? There’s no danger all that queue got in.

They said they were expecting a large walk up and then put on one kiosk.

Smartie
29-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Fair enough mate and you are probably right but what's with closing the ticket office for such a length of time when we have an away game at livi
I get its the holiday season etc but how much would it cost to have had it open on the Fri? Especially after the result we got on Thursday
Not everyone can download tickets or print them and I found it a bit radge

Nothing to with Hibs or this situation, but I’ve noticed a trend amongst youngsters to expect a fortnight off at Christmas.

Maybe they had similar difficulties to my business in getting people to work over the festive period?

O'Rourke3
29-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Always the same at Livingston. There is only ever one kiosk point for away fans. Cant create what's not there. Turnstiles clearly dont have space to handle cash. There's always complaints after and on the run into games despite posters warning folks to get there early. Team played badly. Get beat. Folks complain.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Nothing to with Hibs or this situation, but I’ve noticed a trend amongst youngsters to expect a fortnight off at Christmas.

Maybe they had similar difficulties to my business in getting people to work over the festive period?I like my two weeks off mate but if needs must and I had to get a job done etc then I'd be out working on any day bar Xmas day obviously so I get what your saying, surely hibs could have had the ticket office open on Friday and I'm sure that queue wouldn't have been nowhere near as bad
I genuinely thought that it would have been open at some point or I would have been down to the ticket office on the 22nd
I had three mates coming over from Italy and was waiting on another mate to confirm that he was going before I was going to get my tickets so I guess I'm not totally blameless either

Steve88
29-12-2019, 08:22 PM
on two separate occasions there were groups of hibs fans moved from the home stand into the away section :confused:

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Did anyone on here give up and go home? There’s no danger all that queue got in.

They said they were expecting a large walk up and then put on one kiosk.I think the polis got them to open up another pod or some turnstiles where you could pay in with your card mate, the problem there was I didn't have mine so I kinda went from near to the top/middle of the queue to more or less the back
Whole thing was a shambles but for once the polis done something right even though it didn't do me any favours. One of the polis told me that they had asked for the kick off to be delayed but the match officials weren't having it??? I don't know if that's true but I do know that is what the polis man said to me

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 08:39 PM
I think the polis got them to open up another pod or some turnstiles where you could pay in with your card mate, the problem there was I didn't have mine so I kinda went from near to the top/middle of the queue to more or less the back
Whole thing was a shambles but for once the polis done something right even though it didn't do me any favours. One of the polis told me that they had asked for the kick off to be delayed but the match officials weren't having it??? I don't know if that's true but I do know that is what the polis man said to me

It was always advertised you could pay by card

wearethehibs
29-12-2019, 08:39 PM
I mean if only you had ages to buy tickets in advanced.

RoYO!
29-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Always the same at Livingston. There is only ever one kiosk point for away fans. Cant create what's not there. Turnstiles clearly dont have space to handle cash. There's always complaints after and on the run into games despite posters warning folks to get there early. Team played badly. Get beat. Folks complain.

Far more that could have been done and the lack of empathy for your fellow fans doesn’t help. They could easily have opened up more blocks online. They didn’t. 2 blocks in the corner that both only had singles.

I got there at 1:15 to a queue. The one at 2:45- i’d never seen the likes at a football ground. Not good enough from Livi. Simple as.

Something I’d expect to be followed up by hibs/ fans reps.

Don’t see why we should blindly accept this due to ‘ay been’.

wookie70
29-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Lots of fans decide on the day if they are going to the away games. Family, work, weather, hangovers etc. The game was advertised as having an online ticketing option so that took away the necessity for fans to buy a ticket at the gate. The issue was it never worked today so if you traveled your only option was to queue. I got in the queue at 2.15pm and there is no way I would have made it in for KO unless a kind gent hadn't given me a ticket(not so sure it was an act of kindness now mind you)

If it had got to 3.15pm and I was in the queue I would have just headed home. That is simply unacceptable for a club in the top division and given it is holiday season and the last game before the break the crowd wasn't exactly exceptional. On the plus side the pie queue was small, well organised and the steak pie was lovely.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 08:51 PM
This isn't some junior club who have been caught unaware on a hot summers day for a pre season friendly. It's a professional club in our top league with a relatively modern stadium.

It's not always possible for people to buy tickets in advance; I know my attendance at away games now is generally a last minute decision based on various factors, at this time of year I think that goes for a few people. Whilst it was possible to buy tickets in advance it was also widely advertised that there would be pay at the pod/gate facilities available. If you can't provide a service then don't offer it. 'It's always the same' or 'tickets were on sale for ages' is just switching the blame from a professional organisation onto the paying punters. The blame lies entirely with Livingston for an absolute shambles.

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 08:53 PM
It was always advertised you could pay by cardYeah but they actually opened a gate where you could only pay with a card instead of just having the one gate for card and cash payments

O'Rourke3
29-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Far more that could have been done and the lack of empathy for your fellow fans doesn’t help. They could easily have opened up more blocks online. They didn’t. 2 blocks in the corner that both only had singles.

I got there at 1:15 to a queue. The one at 2:45- i’d never seen the likes at a football ground. Not good enough from Livi. Simple as.

Don’t see why we should blindly accept this due to ‘ay been’.I have a lot of sympathy for the other fans. I got the the end of the queue for tickets around 2:00 and was in around 20 past. I tried and failed for over an hour buying tickets online from Livingston yesterday. So opening more blocks wont have necessarily helped. I have no sympathy or empathy for anyone who expects speedy service from any organisation where it's clearly set up that everyone has a ticket in advance and gets annoyed when it's not. Still more pissed of at Hibs when my season ticket doesn't work than a team who has 2000 extra paying punters trying to arrive roughly the same time.

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Yeah but they actually opened a gate where you could only pay with a card instead of just having the one gate for card and cash payments

Ahh apologies, must have been after I eventually got in as it was just the one wee booth then

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Ahh apologies, must have been after I eventually got in as it was just the one wee booth thenNo probs mate [emoji106]

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 09:02 PM

Tried to get tickets the day before but the only seats that were left were individual seats so no good for me and my 11 year old laddie, only got a babysitter the day before for the other one so not everyone had the luxury of getting tickets in advance

Speedy
29-12-2019, 09:13 PM

It's the Sunday between Christmas and New Year. People's plans tend to be a bit fluid.

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 09:13 PM
I mean if only you had ages to buy tickets in advanced.I mean if only we all had life's we could plan ages ahead without it causing major hassles??? Are you for real?

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Lots of fans decide on the day if they are going to the away games. Family, work, weather, hangovers etc. The game was advertised as having an online ticketing option so that took away the necessity for fans to buy a ticket at the gate. The issue was it never worked today so if you traveled your only option was to queue. I got in the queue at 2.15pm and there is no way I would have made it in for KO unless a kind gent hadn't given me a ticket(not so sure it was an act of kindness now mind you)

If it had got to 3.15pm and I was in the queue I would have just headed home. That is simply unacceptable for a club in the top division and given it is holiday season and the last game before the break the crowd wasn't exactly exceptional. On the plus side the pie queue was small, well organised and the steak pie was lovely.

To add to that they’d tweeted that they expected a large walk up crowd and then decided 1 kiosk with 1 bloke serving would be enough🤦🏻*♂️

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 09:21 PM

There’s always one... :rolleyes:

Newhaven
29-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Was always going to be expected no matter how much preparation livi had done. A shambles of a club and hibs shouldn’t be lining their pockets.

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Was always going to be expected no matter how much preparation livi had done. A shambles of a club and hibs shouldn’t be lining their pockets.

I’m sorry, putting 1 person on in 1 kiosk to serve over 1000 people was pathetic

LaMotta
29-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Turned up at 2.25 (earliest i could get there) seen the queue, thought it would be at least 45 mins so ended up going in the home end. Surrounded by Hibs fans who had done the same.

Brutal game, freezing and brutal atmosphere wish i hadnt bothered:brickwall

HibbySpurs
29-12-2019, 09:35 PM
If St Johnstone can manage to have cash gates surely Livingston can too?

Sounds like an absolute shambles (again), we got our online last night so we were fine but without wanting to sound “superior” to clubs like Livingston they are basically relying on the days Hibs, Hearts and the OF roll into town to aid their cashflow so they should either put a system that works in place or accept the possibility Hibs and Hearts could potentially fill most of their 3 stands on occasion and allow fans to buy tickets online for all those three stands from the word go rather than the silly section I & J nonsense over the last couple of days.

LaMotta
29-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Even one more person on a window selling tickets would have halved waiting times. Bonkers.

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 09:48 PM
If St Johnstone can manage to have cash gates surely Livingston can too?

Sounds like an absolute shambles (again), we got our online last night so we were fine but without wanting to sound “superior” to clubs like Livingston they are basically relying on the days Hibs, Hearts and the OF roll into town to aid their cashflow so they should either put a system that works in place or accept the possibility Hibs and Hearts could potentially fill most of their 3 stands on occasion and allow fans to buy tickets online for all those three stands from the word go rather than the silly section I & J nonsense over the last couple of days.

Thing is, it eventually went that way but they made the decision 10 minutes before kick off. It was obvious from 2.15 there was going to be a problem.

CentreLine
29-12-2019, 09:50 PM
I am searching for the SMSM reports on how fantastically well the Hibs fans behaved in that long queue. I stood in that line for just shot of an hour and saw and heard no trouble, or attempt to force gates etc. Complete contrast the the The Rangers fans outside of Rugby Park not so long ago for example.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2019, 09:52 PM

About the same time as the home club had to make an educated guess as the walk ups?? I would be surprised if anyone was suprised at our turn out today but it is fair to criticise the organisation and logistics of the home club. I posted during the game that the stewards were effectively handling issues that they were creating. But to be fair, there were plenty of them. So what were the home club expecting by putting on so many stewards?

Hibee Mac
29-12-2019, 09:52 PM
This isn't some junior club who have been caught unaware on a hot summers day for a pre season friendly. It's a professional club in our top league with a relatively modern stadium.

It's not always possible for people to buy tickets in advance; I know my attendance at away games now is generally a last minute decision based on various factors, at this time of year I think that goes for a few people. Whilst it was possible to buy tickets in advance it was also widely advertised that there would be pay at the pod/gate facilities available. If you can't provide a service then don't offer it. 'It's always the same' or 'tickets were on sale for ages' is just switching the blame from a professional organisation onto the paying punters. The blame lies entirely with Livingston for an absolute shambles.

Absolutely bang on. There are other factors at play but the root cause of the issue is Livingston FC.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-12-2019, 09:56 PM
1 pod = transaction every 1-3 mins? 60-20 transactions per hour ?
Ok let’s speed it up by 3 180–60 transactions.
By 5 300-100 per hour
Still not great.

GreenCastle
29-12-2019, 10:07 PM
This is the kind of thing a club the size of Hibs shouldn’t have any issues with.

We need an away supporters rep who is in constant dialogue explaining the need for extra staff / improved system - feedback to the club. That includes visits to Ibrox etc.

Agreed a top flight club shouldn’t get a license if it can’t cater for demand.

Even Dunfermline away this has happened several times for friendlies.

You either go all ticket and lose out on £ or do what you did today but have staff ready for the expected large support. Even someone with half a brain reading this forum would have realised many were paying at gate.

They need to sort their online system too. Was rubbish.

Again fan experience poor for over priced tickets.

Power
29-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Don’t see why we should blindly accept this due to ‘ay been’.

Absolutely. One I’ll follow up and ensure there is massive learning, improvement and changes for next season (ideally not returning post split).

Hibs fans followed the advice of Livingston and relayed by our club and turned up early in numbers. A long drawn out queue from the one selling pod from 2pm onwards the result (pod opened at 12:30pm). Those queuing from 2:15 onwards not getting in to well after kick off isn’t acceptable (45minutes from kick off should be more than enough - this isn’t a case of people turning up last minute, having lots of turnstile access points is great if you provide the facilities to distribute tickets - others manage and Livingston should join them - instead it was similar to our last few visits and to grounds not in the SPL, disorganised).

One Pod trying to service 2000 odd supporters in two hours, never mind one hour is never going to work (c16 customers a minute if over the generous 2 hours). Messages of cash only, correct cash please and last minute moves of a secondary queue for card isn’t up to standard.

RoYO!
29-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Absolutely. One I’ll follow up and ensure there is massive learning, improvement and changes for next season (ideally not returning post split).

Hibs fans followed the advice of Livingston and relayed by our club and turned up early in numbers. A long drawn out queue from the one selling pod from 2pm onwards the result. Those queuing from 2:15 onwards not getting in to well after kick off isn’t acceptable (45minutes from kick off should be more than enough - this isn’t a case of people turning up last minute, having lots of turnstile access points is great if you provide the facilities to distribute tickets - others manage and Livingston should join them - instead it was similar to our last few visits and to grounds not in the SPL, disorganised).

One Pod trying to service 2000 odd supporters in two hours, never mind one hour is never going to work (c16 customers a minute if over the generous 2 hours). Messages of cash only, correct cash please and last minute moves of a secondary queue for card isn’t up to standard.

Thank you- that would be appreciated. I did take a photo of the queue but can’t post it.

LaMotta
29-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Hibs fans followed the advice of Livingston and relayed by our club and turned up early in numbers. A long drawn out queue from the one selling pod from 2pm onwards the result. Those queuing from 2:15 onwards not getting in to well after kick off isn’t acceptable (45minutes from kick off should be more than enough - this isn’t a case of people turning up last minute, having lots of turnstile access points is great if you provide the facilities to distribute tickets - others manage and Livingston should join them - instead it was similar to our last few visits and to grounds not in the SPL, disorganised).

:agree:

Power
29-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Thank you- that would be appreciated. I did take a photo of the queue but can’t post it.

Perfect, Nae bother R. Got a few myself and a few sent on by others ✅

wookie70
29-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Hibs fans followed the advice of Livingston and relayed by our club and turned up early in numbers. A long drawn out queue from the one selling pod from 2pm onwards the result (pod opened at 12:30pm). Those queuing from 2:15 onwards not getting in to well after kick off isn’t acceptable (45minutes from kick off should be more than enough - this isn’t a case of people turning up last minute, having lots of turnstile access points is great if you provide the facilities to distribute tickets - others manage and Livingston should join them - instead it was similar to our last few visits and to grounds not in the SPL, disorganised).

I tried for ages trying to get a ticket online and I suspect that was one of the big factors. You simply can't advertise tickets being available online and then not have the ability to purchase. If that had worked I suspect the queues may have been manageable. The crowd was not really exceptional for us and it should have been expected and catered for.
Cheers for getting involved in the forum in these matters, exactly what I want from a fans rep.

Winston Ingram
29-12-2019, 10:46 PM

https://twitter.com/winstoningram/status/1211296940106887168?s=21

This was from close to the front. To clarify, this wasn’t a straight line. It went round to the right behind the stand for about 150 yards before straightening out down to the path.

GibbytheHibby2
29-12-2019, 10:56 PM
I arrived late (last minute decision to attend). No clear queuing system, and I got my ticket at 3.35. I was on the verge of walking home, clearly wish I now had. There were folk not far in front of me queued since 2.30 and missed the first 30 minutes.

Livi volunteers claimed they aren’t allowed cash gates, but St Johnstone managed it! ?

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 11:26 PM
I also should have added that they actually run out of tickets at the pod thing also
You couldn't make it up just a proper farce
That also added another 10 mins to anyone waiting

hibeerealist
30-12-2019, 12:04 AM
L

Maybe they had similar difficulties to my business in getting people to work over the festive period?

Hibs have a responsibility to their own fans and should ensure they are being treated fairly and properly. That today was neither fair nor proper and we should have had at least one official monitoring the total **** up and given it has happened previously, HFC should have told Livi this was unacceptable. HFC can then tell their own fans they do not believe the system can handle large walk up crowds and to reconsider if going.

livi lose cash and rightly so, I will NOT be back to that **** hole and neither will any of my family a disgraceful attempt at trying to be an SPL club when in fact they are nothing more than a ****ing corner shop.

Aye they beat us but they are not a team that should be in the SPL with their plastic pitch and pathetic treatment of a large turnout of away fans that put a lot of money into their coffers today!

****ing joke of a club.

mim
30-12-2019, 12:04 AM

My group of three gave up and went home.
We were queuing from 2.30 and got to within hailing distance of the pod at about 3.15, when the queue stopped moving altogether for 10 minutes. I believe they had actually run out of tickets.
Shambles.

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 01:04 AM
Never seen anything like it complete shambles. Got to the queue at 235 got into the game at 335. Should be punted out the league no need at all for such incompetence.

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 01:08 AM

Which bit of it was advertised there would be pay at the gate don't you understand. The livi guy on twitter the day before knew there would be a lot of walk ups.

Irish-Hibee
30-12-2019, 03:24 AM
Absolute joke of a club! For a small club with relatively low attendances you'd think they would do everything they could to make as much as possible. How many fans left after seeing the length of the queue today! All that revenue lost.

I hope this is reported to the SPFL by both Hibs and the police. Luckily there didn't seem to be any trouble but it could easily have went that way. People were getting very agitated towards the end. I managed to get in but missed the first 20 minutes. As we got closer to the gates to be then told they have no change is also a joke. How does that work, they're taking cash so how do they not have change??!

Even the Policeman beside me couldn't understand why they were not opening other turnstiles.

They need to get another kiosk there!

andyf5
30-12-2019, 03:57 AM

Appreciate you doing this but who within Hibs on the paid staff is responsible for this? Why is it left to you, in an unpaid capacity, to communicate so effectively and constructively with fans?

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2019, 04:47 AM
over to you Hibs, let's be hearing from you, let's read in the media that you've complained to livingston football club about the treatment of paying fans, go on

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 08:00 AM
I actually think a written statement by the club is called for here. Livingston have treated a large number of our fans disgracefully here and this should be addressed by Hibs publicly and formally.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 08:02 AM
Appreciate you doing this but who within Hibs on the paid staff is responsible for this? Why is it left to you, in an unpaid capacity, to communicate so effectively and constructively with fans?

ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

dchibs
30-12-2019, 08:17 AM
L

Hibs have a responsibility to their own fans and should ensure they are being treated fairly and properly. That today was neither fair nor proper and we should have had at least one official monitoring the total **** up and given it has happened previously, HFC should have told Livi this was unacceptable. HFC can then tell their own fans they do not believe the system can handle large walk up crowds and to reconsider if going.

livi lose cash and rightly so, I will NOT be back to that **** hole and neither will any of my family a disgraceful attempt at trying to be an SPL club when in fact they are nothing more than a ****ing corner shop.

Aye they beat us but they are not a team that should be in the SPL with their plastic pitch and pathetic treatment of a large turnout of away fans that put a lot of money into their coffers today!

****ing joke of a club.

They wont be getting my money either, i was right at the back of the cash que

jgl07
30-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Much the same happened at a pre-season match at Dunfermline. There was a massive queue for Hibs fans but none in the home areas.

I got fed up and went back home. I will not be going back there again.

theonlywayisup
30-12-2019, 08:33 AM
We joined the queue around 2pm when there was probably around 100-120 in front of us. We got our tickets about 30 minutes later. It shouldn't be a surprise that the majority of football fans will arrive circa 2:30pm, so having one person selling tickets was obviously going to cause an issue.

In Livingston's defence, I'm sure they will say that away fans had loads of opportunity to purchase tickets beforehand. That said, we didn't agree to go until after the Derby win and I'm sure many others did the same.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were sold direct from Hibs and how many were bought on the day.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 08:42 AM
We joined the queue around 2pm when there was probably around 100-120 in front of us. We got our tickets about 30 minutes later. It shouldn't be a surprise that the majority of football fans will arrive circa 2:30pm, so having one person selling tickets was obviously going to cause an issue.

In Livingston's defence, I'm sure they will say that away fans had loads of opportunity to purchase tickets beforehand. That said, we didn't agree to go until after the Derby win and I'm sure many others did the same.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were sold direct from Hibs and how many were bought on the day.

It would have been a defence if they hadn’t admitted the day before they expected a large walk up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2019, 09:55 AM
It would have been a defence if they hadn’t admitted the day before they expected a large walk up.

This is the bit that doesn't add up. The level of stewards and Plod was commensurate for a large travelling support, but no one thought about how to get the fans inside quickly and safely?

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Somebody in the queue for the ticket pod at Livi yesterday was letting off steam to one of the Stewards for having no cash turnstyles and the Steward replied that it was an SPFL rule.

Is there really such a rule (no cash turnstyles) in place?

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Somebody in the queue for the ticket pod at Livi yesterday was letting off steam to one of the Stewards for having no cash turnstyles and the Steward replied that it was an SPFL rule.

Is there really such a rule (no cash turnstyles) in place?

No such rule according to their rules and regs on entry to stadiums and pricing

CB_NO3
30-12-2019, 12:27 PM
No such rule. I have paid cash at the turnstile for both St Johnston and Hamilton this season.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I thought that they eventually opened a cash turnstile yesterday?

Pretty Boy
30-12-2019, 12:35 PM
I think a lot of clubs dislike cash turnstiles as they are easy targets for theft and fraud.

I'm sure Hibs had an issue with it a few years back hence why we started selling from the pods.

NicosiaHibby
30-12-2019, 12:43 PM
I heard that Hibs sold 1400 tickets. Attendance by Hibs fans was 3400. Therefore 2000 tickets sold on day. Difficult to justify only one person selling them. I arrived at just before 2 and waited a bit over 20 minutes. However there was exponential growth in the queue during this time and no visible reaction from Livingston.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Much the same happened at a pre-season match at Dunfermline. There was a massive queue for Hibs fans but none in the home areas.

I got fed up and went back home. I will not be going back there again.

Dunfermline serial offenders. Lessons learned? Never. Shambles. Pathetic. Nothing will happen until a health and safety incident occurs.

Seems like the smaller clubs by their actions are forcing fans to buying in advance and letting the fans and pod handlers/police and stewards take the strain.

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 01:00 PM
I think a lot of clubs dislike cash turnstiles as they are easy targets for theft and fraud.

I'm sure Hibs had an issue with it a few years back hence why we started selling from the pods.

Think Livi did also previously

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Honestly, you always risk things like this happening when you base attendance on the previous result. Obviously Livi was a bit of a shambles but if we lost on boxing Day and only the core away support turned up it wouldn't have been an issue.

J-C
30-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Honestly, you always risk things like this happening when you base attendance on the previous result. Obviously Livi was a bit of a shambles but if we lost on boxing Day and only the core away support turned up it wouldn't have been an issue.

But the fact is we did win on boxing day and Livingston should've been better organised expecting a bigger than usual away crowd, but was very poor by them.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 01:19 PM
But the fact is we did win on boxing day and Livingston should've been better organised expecting a bigger than usual away crowd, but was very poor by them.

Should Livingston really be employing people to sell tickets just incase Hibs win the derby?

Obviously Livingston can do much better but really, if you want a ticket and don't want to queue, buy it in advance or get to the stadium very early.

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Should Livingston really be employing people to sell tickets just incase Hibs win the derby?

Obviously Livingston can do much better but really, if you want a ticket and don't want to queue, buy it in advance or get to the stadium very early.

45-60 minutes before kick off should be more than enough time to get a ticket then get into a stadium

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 01:28 PM
So, it seems like the Steward made that up to excuse their (usual) lack of preparation for paying customers.

You would think they would appreciate the 3k+ visiting Fans paying them money and prepare accordingly.

I think it's about time our own club raised the issue on our behalf with clubs like Livi and encouraged them to get it sorted.

hibby rae
30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Three of us got there at 2.40, never been to Livi before so didn't know it was a shambles. Fortunately none of us had colours on so we went round to the home end where there were hardly any queues at all and got in within 5 mins

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Bit crap for visitors and friends etc coming back for Xmas / New Year and faced with that yesterday.

Agree this isn’t Kierans area and Hibs should need to do more here. Surely a full time member of staff was aware of this ?

We seem to have had many ticketing issues this season and someone must be overseeing it.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 01:40 PM
45-60 minutes before kick off should be more than enough time to get a ticket then get into a stadium

To buy a ticket and get in when it's a bumper crowd and one stand is used to access three stands? I dunno, probably but I would never leave it so close. If I don't have a ticket I leave a good chunk of time to get one. Or get it early and go for some lunch.

I don't think we can expect Livingston to adapt dramatically based on Hibs winning the previous fixture but not expect Hibs fans the turn up earlier. Both could've been smarter imo.

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 01:41 PM
I tried for ages trying to get a ticket online and I suspect that was one of the big factors. You simply can't advertise tickets being available online and then not have the ability to purchase. If that had worked I suspect the queues may have been manageable. The crowd was not really exceptional for us and it should have been expected and catered for.
Cheers for getting involved in the forum in these matters, exactly what I want from a fans rep.

Same here.

They advertised as having online ticket sales right up to the start of the game but I tried it countless times but it wasn't working. This was exactly the same experience as the people in front of and behind me in the queue.

If you can afford to pay for so many stewards, surely you could pay for 3 or 4 people at ticket kiosks, instead of one. They must have made loads of money out of the 3k+ Hibbies at the game so they can't use the cost as an excuse.

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 01:43 PM
To buy a ticket and get in when it's a bumper crowd and one stand is used to access three stands? I dunno, probably but I would never leave it so close. If I don't have a ticket I leave a good chunk of time to get one. Or get it early and go for some lunch.

I don't think we can expect Livingston to adapt dramatically based on Hibs winning the previous fixture but not expect Hibs fans the turn up earlier. Both could've been smarter imo.

Come on, I turned up at 2:20 and got in after the start of the game.

Surely 40 minutes before it starts should be more than enough time.

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 01:49 PM

So you dont think 45-60 minutes is a good chunk of time?

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 01:51 PM
So you dont think 45-60 minutes is a good chunk of time?

As I've said, all things considered (bigger crowd, close away game, beat Hearts, ticket office closed) it possibly isn't. If you arrived at the stadium with one hour to go then that was enough time. If you parked the car with 45 minutes to go then it wasn't.

Antifa Hibs
30-12-2019, 01:51 PM
whinging.netters strike again. "no gaun back to livi ever again", "joke club should lose their licence". People admitting they only decided to go after the Hertz game no realising they are part of the problem :cbFolk also obviously havn't seen the pictures of huns outside ER a couple of Friday's back at 8.10pm trying to still get in.... Do we lose our licence aswell? Or is it a case of **** happens hey ho :rolleyes:

They were on sale at ER for about 2 weeks, onsale online via Livi (managed to buy a few in block I yesterday morning) and onsale from half 12 yesterday at the ticket booth. Few of our group bought theirs at 1pm after a 45 second wait, round to Pizza express for a calzone and few peroni's, left at 2.45pm and all in for 2.55pm. Easy peasy when you apply some commonsense :duck:

Keith_M
30-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Admins: Sorry, I didn't notice the other thread on PATG.

Feel free to merge :aok:

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 02:17 PM

What a crock it took me an hour to get in. Many fans left before getting in. A bumper crowd it was 4900 in a 10 k stadium. It was shambolic. Livi knew the day before there would be many walk ups. No excuses for it and to blame Hibs fans is nonsense.

andyf5
30-12-2019, 02:34 PM
whinging.netters strike again. "no gaun back to livi ever again", "joke club should lose their licence". People admitting they only decided to go after the Hertz game no realising they are part of the problem :cbFolk also obviously havn't seen the pictures of huns outside ER a couple of Friday's back at 8.10pm trying to still get in.... Do we lose our licence aswell? Or is it a case of **** happens hey ho :rolleyes:

They were on sale at ER for about 2 weeks, onsale online via Livi (managed to buy a few in block I yesterday morning) and onsale from half 12 yesterday at the ticket booth. Few of our group bought theirs at 1pm after a 45 second wait, round to Pizza express for a calzone and few peroni's, left at 2.45pm and all in for 2.55pm. Easy peasy when you apply some commonsense :duck:
If someone had said there would be huge queues then I wouldnt have gone. Hibs sent out an email after the Derby encouraging us to go and saying there is PATG. Online sold out. I expected professional arrangements to be in place.

drumatic44
30-12-2019, 02:51 PM
So, it seems like the Steward made that up to excuse their (usual) lack of preparation for paying customers.

You would think they would appreciate the 3k+ visiting Fans paying them money and prepare accordingly.

I think it's about time our own club raised the issue on our behalf with clubs like Livi and encouraged them to get it sorted.

What gets me is the lack of Livvy initiative ! They should, for their home games against us , Hearts ( it is both our nearest away fixture outside Edinburgh ) and the O.F. open every gate in the place , cash, card whatever. What would it would it cost to have some extra staff around for such occasions, not much I'm sure. They could pretty much fill their ground and spend the dosh on a decent pitch. They beat us fair and square, but, the getting in 'experience' would put me off going back, unless there are some radical changes. !!

Allant1981
30-12-2019, 02:54 PM

So much rubbish in 1 post, firstly the rangers game was all ticket so the issue wasnt people trying to get tickets, livi decided not to make it all ticket so should have anticipated people buying on the day, even half the amount that turned up would still have taken ages to get in, not everyone had the luxury of getting through to livi 3 hours before the game to get a ticket early so not really anything to do with common sense is it

wookie70
30-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Not sure the Derby result had much to do with the crowd. We played there twice last year and the attendences were 5305 and 4774. Given it was the last game for a few weeks and the holiday season I'm surprised the crowd wasn't bigger.

Irish-Hibee
30-12-2019, 03:09 PM

Easy to say that! Issue was that the hibs ticket office was closed all over Christmas. The Livingston ticket site was shocking. Easy to get there early if travelling by car but if you’re going by public transport you restricted. Trains into Livingston then require a 30 min walk to the stadium.

overdrive
30-12-2019, 03:51 PM
I got three tickets online the day before. The website was shocking. It took ages to get it to work at all. There only seemed to be one section with any seats for sale and that was in the corner.

We got there and saw the horrendous queue. Luckily we didn’t need to wait in it but finding the turnstiles for our section was a bit haphazard. No turnstile information was included on the e-ticket, just a block. Not all the turnstiles had block information on it, so you had to work it out by counting from the sets of turnstiles that did have block information on them.

Got to the turnstile. Guy scanned the e-tickets... two worked fine, one kept coming up that it had already scanned. About 5 or 6 further attempts to scan were made until it eventually worked.

I think the last time I was there was when we were managed by Mowbray. I don’t think I’ll be back in a hurry!

Hermit Crab
30-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Folk could have always bought the tickets direct from Hibs to beat the queues on the day. There was plenty notice about the TO being shut over the festive period so plenty time to get organised.

hibeerealist
30-12-2019, 04:53 PM
L

Is that you whinging at the whinging .netters?

You will no doubt have read that many of us tried to buy tickets online, in our case two days before the game, you were just fortunate that your online purchase on the day of the game was successful.

Things are always easier after the event and there are always smart a r s e s such as yourself hovering around to put us right, not sure how we could manage without you and your like!!

Plus point - you should have plenty space around your seats next time we are playing at Livi as hopefully Hibs fans will give it a miss given their treatment yesterday.

Lastly, I did not see or hear of a huge delay regarding the Huns at ER a couple of weeks ago, I did however read about fake tickets and that might explain why there were delays - common sense eh, check the tickets!!

Sir David Gray
30-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Folk could have always bought the tickets direct from Hibs to beat the queues on the day. There was plenty notice about the TO being shut over the festive period so plenty time to get organised.

There was but Livingston acknowledged that they were expecting a large away support and also allowed a pay at the gate option.

The shambles that occurred should not have happened and the fact that it did is down to them.

greenlex
30-12-2019, 05:20 PM

There are plenty of recruitment agencies that would provide a temp or two for the occasion. Your opinion on this matter from yesterday hasn’t changed much or have you missed the smileys again?

greenlex
30-12-2019, 05:24 PM

Apart from those that made the decision to go after that was possible of course.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 07:44 PM
I thought that they eventually opened a cash turnstile yesterday?

They did 10 mins before ko. Even then, it was exact money only and if he had a kid with you had to buy yours and then go and by a kids ticket in another queue

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 08:04 PM

What’s this holier than now pish? People have lives and don’t know if they can make it. Just like the thousands that do it at ER every game.

They said they had expected a large amount of walk ups. They’re website wasn’t working and then decided 1 person would be enough to serve the large amount of walk ups they expected.

So are you saying that even if ye don’t know if ye can make it or not til the day of the game, when ye turn up at 2.15pm it’s to be expected that ye wait for 45 mins?

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 08:20 PM
They did 10 mins before ko. Even then, it was exact money only and if he had a kid with you had to buy yours and then go and by a kids ticket in another queueI don't think they did mate you could buy a ticket from a pod then go to another turnstile and then use the said ticket to get in, they did put another turnstile for debit card holders only about 3 o'clock and only on the polis recommendation a

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 08:22 PM
What’s this holier than now pish? People have lives and don’t know if they can make it. Just like the thousands that do it at ER every game.

They said they had expected a large amount of walk ups. They’re website wasn’t working and then decided 1 person would be enough to serve the large amount of walk ups they expected.

So are you saying that even if ye don’t know if ye can make it or not til the day of the game, when ye turn up at 2.15pm it’s to be expected that ye wait for 45 mins?I was one of the unfortunates to join the queue about half two and didn't get in until after half three and one of them who got overtook by punters because I didn't have my bank card and also one of them who got within spitting distance from getting in before they just run out of tickets
It's safe to say I've been to better away days [emoji23]

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Folk could have always bought the tickets direct from Hibs to beat the queues on the day. There was plenty notice about the TO being shut over the festive period so plenty time to get organised.What if you didn't know you could make it until xmas eve or all of your party were also unsure??

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Is there a way to stop quotes of people’s posts appearing once they’ve been blocked? There’s a poster that I have blocked but not only do you get “this post is hidden as you have blocked so and so” but you still see their posts quoted in replies.

Their constant trolling is properly ruining my enjoyment of this site.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2019, 08:57 PM

IMO that reply is equally absurd and ridiculous. There must have been at least 1,000 came in after the start. If they had gone home instead, Livingston would be 25k down but in your opinion the bean counters would have been saying well it was up to them to get organised?? That is no way to run a business that has one primary focus, which should be to get as many punters through the door as quickly and safely as possible.

lord bunberry
30-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Is there a way to stop quotes of people’s posts appearing once they’ve been blocked? There’s a poster that I have blocked but not only do you get “this post is hidden as you have blocked so and so” but you still see their posts quoted in replies.

Their constant trolling is properly ruining my enjoyment of this site.
If you switch to the default site you won’t see the posts.

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2019, 09:08 PM

I only agreed to go at 10pm the night before after a few sherbets. We did make sure we were there by 2.15. We didn’t get a ticket for 30 minutes. Is football the only part of the leisure industry where the customer is never right?

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 09:27 PM
I only agreed to go at 10pm the night before after a few sherbets. We did make sure we were there by 2.15. We didn’t get a ticket for 30 minutes. Is football the only part of the leisure industry where the customer is never right?I think the result we got against them on boxing day would have swelled the gate big time

wookie70
30-12-2019, 09:37 PM
I think the result we got against them on boxing day would have swelled the gate big time

The crowd was within a few hundred of our last couple of visits.

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 09:49 PM
The crowd was within a few hundred of our last couple of visits.Didn't realise that bud and I wasn't at them I've also read on here that the place has a reputation for being a mare, surely something has to be done and I would like to think will be but I won't hold my breath

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 09:52 PM
If I was in charge of Operations at Livingston I would expect to lose my job if I couldn’t plan adequately for the visit of Hibs.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 09:57 PM
If I was in charge of Operations at Livingston I would expect to lose my job if I couldn’t plan adequately for the visit of Hibs.

It’s all about context tho.

What if there were late call offs what if Livi did not heed his advice and asked for him/her to make do / “wing-it” and not given the resources to do the job?

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 09:57 PM
There are plenty of recruitment agencies that would provide a temp or two for the occasion. Your opinion on this matter from yesterday hasn’t changed much or have you missed the smileys again?

I was of course joking yesterday. I really don't think what I'm saying is wrong now. Tickets for this game have been available for weeks. I just don't think Livi should be expected to recruit staff or whatever because 2000 fans decide last minute they fancy it. Prepare in advance or this is always a possibility.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 09:59 PM
If you switch to the default site you won’t see the posts.

Good that was fair bugging me.

Stanton Spence
30-12-2019, 10:03 PM
I was of course joking yesterday. I really don't think what I'm saying is wrong now. Tickets for this game have been available for weeks. I just don't think Livi should be expected to recruit staff or whatever because 2000 fans decide last minute they fancy it. Prepare in advance or this is always a possibility.Probably so but they could have accounted for a fair few to pitch up especially with the Derby result and had more than one booth

Eyrie
30-12-2019, 10:12 PM
I was of course joking yesterday. I really don't think what I'm saying is wrong now. Tickets for this game have been available for weeks. I just don't think Livi should be expected to recruit staff or whatever because 2000 fans decide last minute they fancy it. Prepare in advance or this is always a possibility.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect Livingston to have three or four people selling tickets as opposed to just one. The minimal extra cost in wages would be more than covered by the extra takings, especially if some Hibs fans decided not to bother queueing after the game had kicked off.

I do think it's unrealistic to expect one person to cope with selling several hundred tickets or for the fans to turn up over an hour before kick off simply to queue to get a ticket.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 10:16 PM
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect Livingston to have three or four people selling tickets as opposed to just one. The minimal extra cost in wages would be more than covered by the extra takings, especially if some Hibs fans decided not to bother queueing after the game had kicked off.

I do think it's unrealistic to expect one person to cope with selling several hundred tickets or for the fans to turn up over an hour before kick off simply to queue to get a ticket.

You're probably right that one person shouldn't be doing it but again, that's why you get there early or buy them online. Tin pot clubs like Livi are always going to be a shambles. You can't expect otherwise. They literally can't afford grass.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 10:28 PM
It’s all about context tho.

What if there were late call offs what if Livi did not heed his advice and asked for him/her to make do / “wing-it” and not given the resources to do the job?

It’s renowned for being unable to cope with decent sized crowds, being caught out once is fair enough but repeatedly, piss poor organisation that’s all there is to it. A shambles that happens far too often. I would be embarrassed if it was my gig. One of the basics is looking at previous events and seeing if that experience can be improved and lessons learnt.

Smartie
30-12-2019, 10:37 PM
It’s renowned for being unable to cope with decent sized crowds, being caught out once is fair enough but repeatedly, piss poor organisation that’s all there is to it. A shambles that happens far too often. I would be embarrassed if it was my gig.

If it was my gig I’d have been watching the Hibs game on Boxing Day. As it became apparent at some point during the first half that Hibs were likely to pick up a good result, I’d have been mentally preparing to make Sunday as big a success as possible.

We’re talking about making a significant five figure sum for Livi here, something not to be sniffed at. If they get it right and the Hibs fans have a decent experience (football apart) then we might think about going back in future - more valuable cash for a wee club that doesn’t get much through the turnstiles.

Does anyone really want to go back to that dump? There’s only so often that Scottish football can take its customer base for granted. The lack of business savvy and personal pride that folk in Scottish football seem to have continues to astound me.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2019, 10:41 PM
If it was my gig I’d have been watching the Hibs game on Boxing Day. As it became apparent at some point during the first half that Hibs were likely to pick up a good result, I’d have been mentally preparing to make Sunday as big a success as possible.

We’re talking about making a significant five figure sum for Livi here, something not to be sniffed at. If they get it right and the Hibs fans have a decent experience (football apart) then we might think about going back in future - more valuable cash for a wee club that doesn’t get much through the turnstiles.

Does anyone really want to go back to that dump? There’s only so often that Scottish football can take its customer base for granted. The lack of business savvy and personal pride that folk in Scottish football seem to have continues to astound me.

It astounds me that they seem to be totally clueless as to how to deal with a decent crowd arriving at their ground, it was totally predictable and should have been planned accordingly.

mim
30-12-2019, 11:56 PM
Not sure the Derby result had much to do with the crowd. We played there twice last year and the attendences were 5305 and 4774. Given it was the last game for a few weeks and the holiday season I'm surprised the crowd wasn't bigger.

The crowd would have been bigger, but many supporters gave up and went home (or back to the pub).

There were several hundred behind me in the queue at one stage. By the time I gave up, there were only about 40 still queuing behind me.

Speedy
31-12-2019, 12:03 AM

Fans wanting to see a game are part of the problem?

To go a bit Bobby Williamson on you, if 25% of capacity turned up to the cinema with an hour to go, would that be a problem?

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 12:15 AM

I'm sure Hibs had an issue with it a few years back hence why we started selling from the pods.come on, that's no defense of what happened. never seen a balaclava'd fan wi a gun, robbing a turnstyle operator ever, in my 53 years of gaun tae a match.

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 12:24 AM
Folk could have always bought the tickets direct from Hibs to beat the queues on the day. There was plenty notice about the TO being shut over the festive period so plenty time to get organised.stop defending Hibs. they have a part to play in the bloody shambles. I was told they were open on Christmas eve. some of our members thought the same. apart from that, one pod. do you think that was wise?

Chorley Hibee
31-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Have Hibs said anything yet regards this shambles?

It's not as if it's the first time either.

I'd hope the club would respond to such matters involving their own support.

ajf
31-12-2019, 01:15 AM
The crowd would have been bigger, but many supporters gave up and went home (or back to the pub).

There were several hundred behind me in the queue at one stage. By the time I gave up, there were only about 40 still queuing behind me.

Yip me too

monktonharp
31-12-2019, 01:26 AM
someone posted a link a few posts back, for Leann Dempster. message her! I have.

andyf5
31-12-2019, 05:52 AM
someone posted a link a few posts back, for Leann Dempster. message her! I have.

According to the Hibernian FC site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/clubdirectory ) the person responsible for "Supporter Liaison" is Colin Millar, Operations Manager/Supporter Liaison Officer Email: cmillar@hibernianfc.co.uk

Chorley Hibee
31-12-2019, 07:10 AM

I've emailed her, and the club, on two separate matters in the last few years and never had a response to either.

Also, we shouldn't need to chase them for a response, and I'd hope the club were being proactive on the matter on behalf of their support.

JimBHibees
31-12-2019, 07:11 AM
They did 10 mins before ko. Even then, it was exact money only and if he had a kid with you had to buy yours and then go and by a kids ticket in another queue

Plus the bizarre notion of buying a ticket at a turnstile and instead of being let in there you have to then go to another turnstile to get in. They then about 330 allowed you to pay cash and get in at the same turnstile. As has been said before Hibs fans have got some justifiable criticism for individual idiotic actions recently however we acted like saints a couple of days ago with what we were fed at Livingston. Just as well the ground wasn't more than half empty. Actually on that there is no way on this earth another 5k fans could get in there on Sunday.

JimBHibees
31-12-2019, 07:13 AM
come on, that's no defense of what happened. never seen a balaclava'd fan wi a gun, robbing a turnstyle operator ever, in my 53 years of gaun tae a match.

I think he means the operator dipping not an armed robbery. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
31-12-2019, 08:25 AM

It’s likely cost them £000’s