PDA

View Full Version : Winter break - Spain

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 07:12 PM
See darren mcgregor post match saying theyre away to spain during the winter break. Wonder if we will have any friendlies lined up

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2019, 07:18 PM
See darren mcgregor post match saying theyre away to spain during the winter break. Wonder if we will have any friendlies lined up

Going to need to play some games to be match sharp to play United. I am sure that they will be.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2019, 07:28 PM
This thread will be fun.

Onceinawhile
29-12-2019, 07:30 PM
This thread will be fun.

Only if we lose to Dundee United. At which point people will say we should have gone down Gullane and had them running about the beach.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Good to see us being smart and getting some warm weather training in.

It's been a pretty hectic schedule lately so hopefully we can refresh a few bodies and get a couple of new faces in.

SquashedFrogg
29-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Horrible performance today. I think Ross has come in and steadied things a little during a frantic period. A break to reflect, refresh and re-boot is probably no bad thing.

For the fans as much as the team and new manager.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Wonder if Leigh will travel😄

wookie70
29-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Wonder if Ross will. Seem to remember Lennon never

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Wonder if Ross will. Seem to remember Lennon never

Never went to Spain when Lennon was the Manager

Northernhibee
29-12-2019, 07:46 PM

We never won at Tynecastle either. What’s your point, caller?

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 07:46 PM

Was it Lennon who was in charge when we went to Dubai?

We played a friendly and a few people at Hibs just about fell off their seats when they found out what the opposing teams players and coaches were earning.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:47 PM
We never won at Tynecastle either. What’s your point, caller?

Was only replying to the previous poster
Lennon was in Portugal and Dubai
What’s your point

Northernhibee
29-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Was only replying to the previous poster
Lennon was in Portugal and Dubai
What’s your point

Fair dos - hands up, hadn’t seen the previous post nor the username and assumed it was a post from one of the posters who have been sulking away for ages.

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Makes sense. Keeps the players sharp, allows us to work on technical and tactical elements of our game properly without being hampered by the weather.

Hopefully they're joined by a few new faces. 👀

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 07:55 PM

We played a friendly and a few people at Hibs just about fell off their seats when they found out what the opposing teams players and coaches were earning.

Yes we won 1-0 in a game. Gray got a bad injury that day.

https://youtu.be/CcZk63EAYEw

Swedish hibee
29-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Nothing good happens after trip abroad. Haven't hibs learnt nothing?

wookie70
29-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Never went to Spain when Lennon was the Manager Where was the fire extinguisher episode. If the manager is going I'm fine with a training camp. He needs some time with the players as he will need to decide who he will trust to get us up the table and what we need to improve. Given recent inconsistent performances, mostly very poor, it is a very important window. We need to be looking up the league but at the same time we aren't a million miles from a play off spot.

brog
29-12-2019, 08:45 PM
These things don't just happen. Graeme M made a presentation on 17 Dec outlining the perceived benefits of the trip. The working trip was then approved. The thinking is there's no point in having a mid winter break if the players remain at home in crappy weather.

brog
29-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Where was the fire extinguisher episode. If the manager is going I'm fine with a training camp. He needs some time with the players as he will need to decide who he will trust to get us up the table and what we need to improve. Given recent inconsistent performances, mostly very poor, it is a very important window. We need to be looking up the league but at the same time we aren't a million miles from a play off spot.

It was at Penina Hotel in Portugal.

Lago
29-12-2019, 09:23 PM
This thread will be fun.

Now you know you'll get pelters for your sarcasm 🙄

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Now you know you'll get pelters for your sarcasm 🙄

I'm only ever 5 emojis away from people understanding that I'm joking

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Anyone on here going

SMAXXA
30-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Anyone on here going

Where in Spain they going?

Franck Stanton
30-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Me, going for 6 weeks. If they turn up in Benidorm area, will let you all know 🍺🍻🍹

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Maybe going back to La Manga

Since452
30-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Anyone on here going

The thought of somebody going to Spain to stalk Hibs on their winter break is probably the saddest thing ever

neil7908
30-12-2019, 10:42 AM
No issues with this, shouldn't be seen as a reward for doing well. The club will presumably have done their research and decided this is the best way to keep the player's physically and mentally conditioned for the rest of the season.

More important though is ensuring we get the right players in when the window opens.

Itsnoteasy
30-12-2019, 10:44 AM

At least Marciano will be able to travel to Spain.

GloryGlory
30-12-2019, 10:49 AM
No issues with this, shouldn't be seen as a reward for doing well. The club will presumably have done their research and decided this is the best way to keep the player's physically and mentally conditioned for the rest of the season.

More important though is ensuring we get the right players in when the window opens.

:agree: It's a chance for JR to get the players on the training pitch and put across his ideas in depth, which he probably hasn't had the chance to do with the programme of matches that we have had since he was appointed.

DTS
30-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Staggers me that people think it’s a bad idea if you don’t win the next game, virtually every team in the UK who can afford/ get the time to do so will always seek to do a warm weather camp. In our situation since Ross came in games have been non stop this will be a week or so where he has the players 100% of the time, also after a fairly hectic schedule and a pretty busy one to come back to(that’s another debate to the point of winter break) some sun should rejuvenate everyone at the club. I know people long for the days of Gullane beach but hearts done that in pre season with levein and check their injury record

Vault Boy
30-12-2019, 10:55 AM
At least Marciano will be able to travel to Spain.

That was completely bizzare of us IMO. Of all the places to choose with an Israeli international!

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 10:57 AM
The thought of somebody going to Spain to stalk Hibs on their winter break is probably the saddest thing ever

Seriously, if there’s a game lined up, quite a few will go, and make a wee holiday out of it

PaulSmith
30-12-2019, 10:58 AM

1) decent weather
2) Affordability
3) holidays to take
4) go with a few mates and have a bevvy
5) play golf
6) pop along to the game

The thought is actually quite appealing...you’ve clearly got a strange mind process if you think that it’s about stalking Hibs.

Alex Trager
30-12-2019, 10:59 AM

What were they earning?
It was NL in charge

The Modfather
30-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Bet the players are in no rush for an indoor pitch. A nice trip abroad, or a winter break in Tranent 😀

Theinsider
30-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Hopefully La Manga area. 20 mins away from me.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Is it the saddest thing ever to want to go and watch the match??? Stalking lol

Nicho87
30-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Just what they deserve a wee trip in the sun. I’d have them running up Arthur seat personally.

BoomtownHibees
30-12-2019, 11:16 AM

What a strange take on things. Why would it be the saddest thing ever to want to go and watch your team play abroad and get a wee bit of sunshine at the same time?

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2019, 11:17 AM
What a strange take on things. Why would it be the saddest thing ever to want to go and watch your team play abroad and get a wee bit of sunshine at the same time?

Correct. Some people just like to have a pop

Sudds_1
30-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Exactly....what the heck is wrong following your team and getting a wee tan into the bargain? 😎😎

brog
30-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Hopefully La Manga area. 20 mins away from me.

I was told Estepona but that was before trip was approved. Presume it will still be there.

Since452
30-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Do people's lives revolve around Hibs so much that they'd go to Spain to watch them do streches and have a wee kick about? Each to their own

JimBHibees
30-12-2019, 03:00 PM

It's been a pretty hectic schedule lately so hopefully we can refresh a few bodies and get a couple of new faces in.

Totally agree good time for a refresh given the hectic schedule.

Pretty Boy
30-12-2019, 03:04 PM
What were they earning?
It was NL in charge

I can't remember the exact figure but when their manager revealed his wage a Hibs employee thought he was talking about his annual salary. He was in fact talking about what he earned in a month.

St.Kristopher
30-12-2019, 03:44 PM
I was told Estepona but that was before trip was approved. Presume it will still be there.

Is it not more likely to be Benahavis they have a great facility.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Do people's lives revolve around Hibs so much that they'd go to Spain to watch them do streches and have a wee kick about? Each to their own

You seem to have a problem with fans going to see their team in a friendly? Maybe better to say nothing?

And yes to some, Hibs are their lifes.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2019, 04:26 PM

If I could afford I know where I'd rather be thats for sure, putting up with crappy Scottish winter weather working nightshifts in mid January or watching the Hibs in 20-30 degrees sunshine drinking beer and having a laugh and enjoying myself.... No brainer. I don't get your reasoning to slag those who want to go. Bizarre stuff.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2019, 04:31 PM

Spain? :grr:
After yesterday's feeble display I'd be getting the wasters down to Gullane beach for a stint on the dunes.

WoreTheGreen
30-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Spain? :grr:
After yesterday's feeble display I'd be getting the wasters down to Gullane beach for a stint on the dunes.

That’s where the bottom of the league team went pre season that work out well

Smartie
30-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Anyone on here going

Stokesy’s on his way with a big bag full of fire extinguishers.

Killiehibbie
31-12-2019, 08:05 AM
If I could afford I know where I'd rather be thats for sure, putting up with crappy Scottish winter weather working nightshifts in mid January or watching the Hibs in 20-30 degrees sunshine drinking beer and having a laugh and enjoying myself.... No brainer. I don't get your reasoning to slag those who want to go. Bizarre stuff.
Possibly a game against some Dutch team on 10th Jan in Estepona. Shame I fly back on the 5th, you can't beat breakfast on a sunny terrace.

Since452
31-12-2019, 08:39 AM

If I could afford to go and watch Hibs train in Spain in January I'd be away abroad spending time with the family instead. My life doesn't revolve around what Hibs do. Like I said each to their own.

offshorehibby
31-12-2019, 09:08 AM
If I could afford to go and watch Hibs train in Spain in January I'd be away abroad spending time with the family instead. My life doesn't revolve around what Hibs do. Like I said each to their own.

But you feel happier berating Hibbys that would

pollution
31-12-2019, 11:28 AM
I couldn't follow Hibs abroad in this fashion - going on holiday is to get away from all of one's troubles!

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2019, 12:08 PM

Your choice. As is those who want to go to the match without the need to be labelled as "stalkers"

lyonhibs
01-01-2020, 02:35 PM

What pish patter :faf:

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Anyone on here going

Why...so we can brag that we were in Europe after Christmas and the bigly wee team are on the dunes at Gullane?

Since90+2
01-01-2020, 03:11 PM

Each to their own but you feel the need to have your little digs? Pathetic.

Iggy Pope
01-01-2020, 06:17 PM

Jeez man, you went off on one there.

loanheadhibby
01-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Slightly off topic but I do think Scottish Football has missed a trick today. 1st Jan is a day for getting out and taking in a game. Wall to wall English games today. Pity the break could not be delayed to capture games on New Year’s Day.

fishybeaver
01-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Slightly off topic but I do think Scottish Football has missed a trick today. 1st Jan is a day for getting out and taking in a game. Wall to wall English games today. Pity the break could not be delayed to capture games on New Year’s Day.

Used to love a new years day derby game in years gone by, but all the tourist rubbish up town has put an end to it with the police requirements etc.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2020, 07:35 PM

Agreed. New Year is a traditional time to watch sport for me.

I was at Musselburgh for the racing today. Complete sell out and a cracking atmosphere. Sitting watching the darts tonight and checking the football results as well. A full calendar of games today or tomorrow would have made sense imo.

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2020, 07:50 PM

Complete turn around from the auld days when we played a full card on the 1st and 2nd Jan and the English league didn't play at all till the weekend. I know it was different times but attendances at those games were way above average at all the grounds.

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2020, 07:51 PM
Always found it strange when folk lable others ''sad'' for enjoying their hobby or doing something they enjoy.

Some people enjoy drinking, some enjoy fishing, some enjoy playing video games, some enjoy following their team everywhere. Nothing sad about any of them. Hope any fans following Hibs to Spain have a blast, I'd be doing it if I could.