PDA

View Full Version : Soft

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 05:32 PM
We are far too soft in the middle of the park need a Scott Brown type character who will lead the team , any ideas who suits the position ?

Weegreenman
29-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Everyone and their granny knows we’re soft tbf. I would love to see McGeough back in a Hibs shirt.
Plenty rumours about him going to Aberdeen.

Sammy7nil
29-12-2019, 06:46 PM
We are far too soft in the middle of the park need a Scott Brown type character who will lead the team , any ideas who suits the position ?

Scott Brown :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Brightside
29-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Everyone and their granny knows we’re soft tbf. I would love to see McGeough back in a Hibs shirt.
Plenty rumours about him going to Aberdeen.

Dylan won’t add any steel

Smartie
29-12-2019, 06:55 PM

Marvin Bartley.

I didn’t think Livingston were brilliant but I thought they were rock solid, had a good shape and were very difficult to break down - none of which you could ever really say about this Hibs side against decent opposition.

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Marvin Bartley.

I didn’t think Livingston were brilliant but I thought they were rock solid, had a good shape and were very difficult to break down - none of which you could ever really say about this Hibs side against decent opposition.

Milligan and Bartley should never have been allowed to leave in my opinion but what do I know as seemingly and bizarrely I’m a jambo in some people’s mind !!!!! , we need to get a tough defensive midfielder which will allow Hallberg to get forward along with Allan , Melker has been ok at the base of the diamond but he is far better further forward from what I’ve seen from his previous clubs.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 07:43 PM
If we think someone is a Hearts fan can we please report it rather than making an unfounded accusation publicly.

Threads just look a bit daft when you have to delete such a post and all the subsequent posts quoting it.

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 07:50 PM
If we think someone is a Hearts fan can we please report it rather than making an unfounded accusation publicly.

Threads just look a bit daft when you have to delete such a post and all the subsequent posts quoting it.Spot on mate

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
29-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Tbf it didn’t help when their players could wrestle with ours all day long and ours got penalised for looking at another player. Ours had to walk on eggshells.

We need a strong MF in the window but the ref helped accentuate that.

As for the two stone overweight linesman who couldn’t keep up and kept missing offsides, well, the less said the better.

O'Rourke3
29-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Tbf it didn’t help when their players could wrestle with ours all day long and ours got penalised for looking at another player. Ours had to walk on eggshells.

We need a strong MF in the window but the ref helped accentuate that.

As for the two stone overweight linesman who couldn’t keep up and kept missing offsides, well, the less said the better.We were poor today but the ref was awful. Fussy whenever we got a free kick. Meh, do what you want when it came to them . Number of frees that went to the wrong team was embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
29-12-2019, 09:10 PM
We could afford Bartley so let's at least try and do it.

Hes proven what he can still do given a run. Rectifies a glaring mistake from the heckingbottom era and we can build from there unless we have someone better on the books already.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 09:21 PM
We could afford Bartley so let's at least try and do it.

Hes proven what he can still do given a run. Rectifies a glaring mistake from the heckingbottom era and we can build from there unless we have someone better on the books already.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkI get what you're saying BH but I don't think that's the way forward and for some reason hibs fans have some kind of fixation with bringing ex players back to go forward
I didn't hear many people complaining when they all knew his contact wasn't getting renewed so I won't be over excited to hear that he's now on the way back
As much as I love the big guy I don't think he's the answer

Bostonhibby
29-12-2019, 09:27 PM
I get what you're saying BH but I don't think that's the way forward and for some reason hibs fans have some kind of fixation with bringing ex players back to go forward
I didn't hear many people complaining when they all knew his contact wasn't getting renewed so I won't be over excited to hear that he's now on the way back
As much as I love the big guy I don't think he's the answer

Sent from my G3121 using TapatalkThere's very few ex players I'd have back for sentimental reasons. We lack a particular type of player just now, short term it's a Marvin Bartley type player. We've not filled the role since and it shows.

We were led to believe he wouldn't be performing well regularly at our level again and for now that's just not true.

Opinions eh.

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 09:40 PM
There's very few ex players I'd have back for sentimental reasons. We lack a particular type of player just now, short term it's a Marvin Bartley type player. We've not filled the role since and it shows.

We were led to believe he wouldn't be performing well regularly at our level again and for now that's just not true.

Opinions eh.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkI get you mate and I kinda agree but I'm now back in pre season mode with this Jan window opening and I expect us to sign a better holding mid than marv without taking anything away for his stint at hibs
I was incouraged reading that JR has identified this position as one he sees that's needing sorted this window
This would be a boring place if we all had the same opinions [emoji106]

Bostonhibby
29-12-2019, 09:40 PM
I get you mate and I kinda agree but I'm now back in pre season mode with this Jan window opening and I expect us to sign a better holding mid than marv without taking anything away for his stint at hibs
I was incouraged reading that JR has identified this position as one he sees that's needing sorted this window
This would be a boring place if we all had the same opinions [emoji106]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk[emoji106]

Vini1875
29-12-2019, 10:17 PM
I don't think it is just the midfield. When Ron Gordon came in he talked about being best of the rest and competing in Europe. We have high hopes. Realistically though who from our squad at present looks like they can do a job in squad which would be best of the rest.

For me only a handful from todays starting 11 would make the squad and possibly only Scott Allan and Martin Boyle would first 11 regulars. To be best of the rest we need major investment and surgery, not tinkering with a couple of positions.

There is softness running right through the club, including the fans. Over 3500 there today and hardly any noise. Can we put any pressure on RG to push the best of the rest agenda?

Crammond Hibee
29-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Marvin Bartley.

I agree with all of this post !

hibeerealist
30-12-2019, 12:36 AM
I don't think it is just the midfield. When Ron Gordon came in he talked about being best of the rest and competing in Europe. We have high hopes. Realistically though who from our squad at present looks like they can do a job in squad which would be best of the rest.

For me only a handful from todays starting 11 would make the squad and possibly only Scott Allan and Martin Boyle would first 11 regulars. To be best of the rest we need major investment and surgery, not tinkering with a couple of positions.

There is softness running right through the club, including the fans. Over 3500 there today and hardly any noise. Can we put any pressure on RG to push the best of the rest agenda?

What did they have to sing about? Shower of gutless bassas wandering around on a plastic pitch will not get much reaction from the fans, you insinuate the fans are soft after watching that today - get real.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Check the defending by Doidge, Hanlon and Marciano for the first goal, that is soft. Actually, its horrendous. Doidge completely misses a header, he seems to duck under it, Hanlon actually drags the ball over the line and Marciano is nowhere.

Vini1875
30-12-2019, 09:47 PM
What did they have to sing about? Shower of gutless bassas wandering around on a plastic pitch will not get much reaction from the fans, you insinuate the fans are soft after watching that today - get real.

Didn't insinuate the fans are soft, I said we are quiet as a support. We are not demanding enough of the team and the board and owners. It's not just from one game, we put up with mediocrity and have done for a long time.

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Didn't insinuate the fans are soft, I said we are quiet as a support. We are not demanding enough of the team and the board and owners. It's not just from one game, we put up with mediocrity and have done for a long time.

To be fair you did actually insinuate that.

Allant1981
31-12-2019, 08:02 AM

You literally said there is a softness running through the club, including the fans!!

Vini1875
31-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Fair enough, Hands up. I read my post again :brickwall
What I meant to say was that we are too quiet and not demanding enough considering the support we provide.