PDA

View Full Version : shape up or ship out

familyman
29-12-2019, 04:46 PM
The return of the boyband?
We have already lost a manager due partly to poor performances from the players,
if we are serious and I mean really serious about `European football where was the drive and enthusiasm today?
You get 3 points for each match not just Hearts match..
Jack Ross has a job on his hands indeed he has.
and some new faces are urgently needed and others moved on...

Weegreenman
29-12-2019, 04:50 PM
The return of the boyband?
We have already lost a manager due partly to poor performances from the players,
if we are serious and I mean really serious about `European football where was the drive and enthusiasm today?
You get 3 points for each match not just Hearts match..
Jack Ross has a job on his hands indeed he has.
and some new faces are urgently needed and others moved on...

I’m with you on this. Some of the old guard need to move on. Boy band status for far too long now. Some might disagree but I feel those are the type who are holding this club back.

WE CAN GET BETTER PLAYERS

Hibby70
29-12-2019, 05:13 PM
We lack passion, leadership and a bit of nastiness. Too many timid players who stand off and not enough players taking responsibility. Hopefully Jack can identify suitable personnel to plug the gaps.

roo62
29-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Yeah that was as soft and slow performance from a Hibs team as u have seen recently. Livi were streets ahead in pace, movement and physicality. We were miles off it today and against the bottom six teams we will continue to struggle as they will all be up for the fight. The balance and type of players needs to change if we are going to secure a top six finish.No shots on target - ridiculous in front of 4000 fans. Shameful today Hibs,shameful

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 05:22 PM
We blew out chance of the Euro places before Jack Ross was appointed.

Springbank
29-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Thought Oli Shaw & Fraser Murray were eye openingly horrendous when they came on today.

Easy beat.

Cant retain possession.

No threat going forward.

Would think neither will be here in Feb on that showing today.

A golden chance to shine, wasted.

roo62
29-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Agreed.Top 6 is the best we will do. Not on today's performance tho. Cannot have too many more games like today or we might miss that target. Would be very costly for the team.

green with envy
29-12-2019, 05:30 PM

Spot-on.

SideBurns
29-12-2019, 05:30 PM
I was reluctant to interrupt the (perfectly understandable) unrelenting positivity after the derby, but the truth is we were crap in the 2nd half at Tynie and allowed Hearts to completely dominate. Thankfully, they are so brutal we won easily.

However, we are weak and timid in the middle of the field and changes are needed. We don't have the physicality or personality to control matches and teams get through our midfield too easily. It is Hecky's legacy.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2019, 05:31 PM
We can still make the top 4 and that absolutely should be our target. European football is part of our business plan and we can’t afford to just write it off at Xmas.
We def need to toughen up and we need another striker as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crab apple
29-12-2019, 05:38 PM
We’ve been left an unbalanced squad by the previous manager and have players like Vela, James, Jackson etc that aren’t going to take us forward. JR will be well aware of that and I’m sure he will address it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2019, 06:12 PM
We played like we had a game yesterday. Lethargic and slow which often comes across lack of appetite and desire.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 06:16 PM
We played like we had a game yesterday. Lethargic and slow which often comes across lack of appetite and desire.

None of the players looked like they gave a toss today.

Bishop Hibee
29-12-2019, 06:17 PM

Totally agree. Abject. A lot for Jack Ross to think about.

Centre Hawf
29-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Huge January needed to make a push for Europe at this point. We need to let some of the young lads go out on loan because Shaw and Murray look like lost wee laddies who need to go play somewhere this season and come back and reassess.

A few of Hecky's boys need to go especially if Jack Ross doesn't like them.

Captain Trips
29-12-2019, 06:19 PM
It is unfortunate but the bigger picture is some players who have gave us their all will need to move on.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Totally agree. Abject. A lot for Jack Ross to think about.

That includes the so called "legends" as well.

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 06:25 PM

You suggesting they're not?

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 06:26 PM

So called?

What do you mean?

Heisenberg
29-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Haha that’s a belter. As much as they may have been struggling for form this season, there’s no doubt that Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson are Hibernian legends.

Hermit Crab
You suggesting they're not?

So called?

What do you mean?

Legends should leave on a high. They should be way by now. No longer good enough. In my opinion.

Centre Hawf
It is unfortunate but the bigger picture is some players who have gave us their all will need to move on.

Agreed. I absolutely love Lewis and I think he has a role to play at the club as a back up, maybe into the sort of role Whittaker has had here but it's time to go find his successor properly. Paul also needs a time out the side because he's a shadow of the player that ended that season so well in our first year back.

Wouldn't mind finally seeing our captain back for a longer period of time than 5 minutes. I love him for what he's done but his wage can't be cheap sitting in the stands.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Poor choice of words but I agree that hard choices need to be made.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 06:29 PM

You get what I mean eh. :agree:

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Legends should leave on a high. They should be way by now. No longer good enough. In my opinion.

Franck Sauzee is a legend. He left under a cloud.

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson (it is them to whom you refer as you've been after them for a long time) will never lose their legend status, regardless of when they leave.

Your "so-called" prefix is unnecessary and insulting.

MikeyS
29-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Yeah we need to be ruthless now if we want to kick on. New CBs & LB needed. Time to give up on Olly Shaw too, totally hopeless when he came on. Likes to look like fitba player but that's about it!

Roxyhibee
29-12-2019, 06:39 PM
This game did have a few factors making it a bit more challenging than your average one - the heavy plastic (tight) pitch, high winds and the feel good factor of a recent derby win still fresh in minds and legs, which frustratingly we seem to rarely use as a positive bounce.

But - we were so soft today, it was genuinely embarrassing to watch. Particularly our midfield, who lost nearly every battle put in front of them. Allan, Slivka and Horgan simply cannot win a ball against teams who fancy getting physically stuck in round about them, which is how the bulk of SPL teams play. Give our midfield a bit space and they’re fine - go up their backsides and they just don’t want to know.

Even Doidge and Boyle didn’t fancy it and were generally awful.

When Murray and Shaw came on, it all just got much worse - those boys were so off the pace and touch.

We need a couple of physical midfielders in January who can take care of themselves on these types of days, or we’ll not get anywhere near the top 6.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Franck Sauzee is a legend. He left under a cloud.

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson (it is them to whom you refer as you've been after them for a long time) will never lose their legend status, regardless of when they leave.

Your "so-called" prefix is unnecessary and insulting.

After them? They, along with others in that team are now no longer good enough. That happens in football but we shouldn't hold onto players for sentimental reasons.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 06:53 PM
After them? They, along with others in that team are now no longer good enough. That happens in football but we shouldn't hold onto players for sentimental reasons.

I don't think anyone would want to keep players for sentimental reasons. Every player has a "best by" date and the players themselves know that.

Thinking that a player(s) can't cut it anymore, is one thing, although you do seem to have had a bee in your bonnet about them for way too long, but I object to the insulting language you used to describe them.

If I said you were a "so-called" Hibs fan for using those words, you'd be complaining to the admins again.

It's an insult and it's unnecessary. And you understand exactly what I mean.

Captain Trips
29-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Full backs need refreshed with players of ability to start games, another CB. 2 midfield players of which 1 has to be defence minded. Another striker.

I want all these players to be good enough to go straight in. We need a brutal change that might be tough but needs done.

Diclonius
29-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Way I see it, this should be the squad status of our players at the end of the window:

First team: Marciano, Doidge, Boyle, Hallberg, Naismith, Kamberi, Allan, Porteous
Backup/rotation: Gray, Hanlon, Horgan, Newell, Mallan, Stevenson, Jackon, McGregor, Bogdan, Murray
Out: Whittaker, Vela, James, Maxwell, Shaw

We need a CB, two midfielders and a LB at the very least.

lyonhibs
29-12-2019, 07:28 PM
I’m with you on this. Some of the old guard need to move on. Boy band status for far too long now. Some might disagree but I feel those are the type who are holding this club back.

WE CAN GET BETTER PLAYERS

"old guard" "boy band"

Are you implying the likes of Daz, Hanlon, Stevenson and SDG are fancy "boy band" players?

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 07:32 PM
We definitely have a lot of deadwood lying around the club at the moment and I'm also not convinced in the laddies we have like Murray and Shaw to get us where we want to be, time to be ruthless me thinks and bring in three or four certain starters which would usually mean us signing at least six players in January

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
29-12-2019, 07:35 PM
"old guard" "boy band"

Are you implying the likes of Daz, Hanlon, Stevenson and SDG are fancy "boy band" players?I wouldn't say boy band members but I would say it's time to replace these guys with better players, I don't think these guys can perform consistently week in week out and we won't be moving forward much if they are still the main stays off our starting 11

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Way I see it, this should be the squad status of our players at the end of the window:

First team: Marciano, Doidge, Boyle, Hallberg, Naismith, Kamberi, Allan, Porteous
Backup/rotation: Gray, Hanlon, Horgan, Newell, Mallan, Stevenson, Jackon, McGregor, Bogdan, Murray
Out: Whittaker, Vela, James, Maxwell, Shaw

We need a CB, two midfielders and a LB at the very least.

Glad you’re not our Manager

B.H.F.C
29-12-2019, 07:39 PM

I don’t often agree with you but I do on this.

Poor attitude today. Never showed half of the effort, desire or work rate that we did on Thursday, despite the fact we were playing against a better side.

There are too many of them that crumble when something goes against us and that happened after the first goal today. We showed nothing. Just like at Ross County and when Killie got a goal back a few weeks ago.

jacomo
29-12-2019, 08:01 PM
This game did have a few factors making it a bit more challenging than your average one - the heavy plastic (tight) pitch, high winds and the feel good factor of a recent derby win still fresh in minds and legs, which frustratingly we seem to rarely use as a positive bounce.

But - we were so soft today, it was genuinely embarrassing to watch. Particularly our midfield, who lost nearly every battle put in front of them. Allan, Slivka and Horgan simply cannot win a ball against teams who fancy getting physically stuck in round about them, which is how the bulk of SPL teams play. Give our midfield a bit space and they’re fine - go up their backsides and they just don’t want to know.

Even Doidge and Boyle didn’t fancy it and were generally awful.

When Murray and Shaw came on, it all just got much worse - those boys were so off the pace and touch.

We need a couple of physical midfielders in January who can take care of themselves on these types of days, or we’ll not get anywhere near the top 6.

Our squad is unbalanced. We all know that.

Livi away is almost designed to nullify our strengths and expose all our flaws.

O'Rourke3
29-12-2019, 08:18 PM

Livi away is almost designed to nullify our strengths and expose all our flaws.Correct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Smartie
29-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Livi away is almost designed to nullify our strengths and expose all our flaws.

Rangers as well - we’re on a hiding to nothing when we play them, home or away.

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2019, 09:51 PM
There's no other way to sum up that 'performance' other than to say it was utterly abject. Absolutely nobody gets a pass mark because to a man they were outplayed in every aspect of the game .. Livvi fought harder, ran better, moved the ball better and looked a better team than Hibs all over the park.

Somebody else on here mentioned the 2nd half at Tynecastle with good reason, a better team would have clawed that game back to 2 - 2 we were so timid and slow in midfield in that half, the fact that it didn't happen was down to some stoic defending by the back 4 and Hearts being utterly *****.

With this lot I cant see Europe happening at all and how the hell they are supposed to step up in a cup tie is anybody's guess ... we might manage a sticking plaster or two in January, but in the summer it looks like we have a hell of a lot of work to do to make this team anything like contenders for a cup or Europe.

Wakeyhibee
29-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Totally disagree HR. Its these performances that will prevent us. We've beat Aberdeen and Motherwell its consistency Hibs lack especially against teams around and below us.