29-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Back to us on loan in January.

Heisenberg
29-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Not a chance.

HoboHarry

You are hoping for this or do you have something to back this up with?

we are hibs
Not happening.

lord bunberry
29-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Where are you hearing this?

Hibbyradge

But back to Celtc in February.

Sir David Gray
No danger.

SteveHFC
:hyper

Franck Stanton
29-12-2019, 05:43 PM
This a guess? Rumour? Speculation? Hope? ITK? Or just a post for the sake of it? Every transfer window since he left this has been claimed.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Silly season in full swing I see.

Haymaker
29-12-2019, 05:44 PM

I agree

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 05:45 PM
There's a winter transfer thread for this kind of pish.

It's still pun free too.

Weegreenman
I can think of a good few thousand reasons why this won’t happen. Delete thread please!

Cataplana
Even more predictable than the tongue in cheek sectarianism of Only an Excuse.

SteveHFC
I agree

It may be time to get the old gif thread back up and running.

BILLYHIBS

Source?

Haymaker
29-12-2019, 05:47 PM
It may be time to get the old gif thread back up and running.

Not quite yet... but get ready!

Hibeesmad
Trust me.

hibsbollah

eezyrider
29-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Trust me.

Why?

EZ

SteveHFC
Trust me.

If this turns out to be false. You should be given a lifetime ban.:greengrin

Unseen work
Tbf might not be that unbelievable.

He’s playing very poor for Celtic when he’s been given the chance, they need better and will sign a striker in January.

Going to us where he will enjoy will get the best back out of him and likely chance of us taking points off rangers which could come in handy.

Money the obvious stumbling block but on loan to us is better than sat in the stand for Celtic.

jacomo
29-12-2019, 05:51 PM
He’s got no future at Celtc it seems and where else is he going to go?

brianmc
29-12-2019, 05:53 PM
He’s got no future at Celtc it seems and where else is he going to go?

Somewhere that can afford to pay his sizeable wages??

*Not Hibs

Haymaker
29-12-2019, 05:54 PM

This.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Is it really that far fetched ?

It would be a loan deal till the summer

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Somewhere that can afford to pay his sizeable wages??

*Not Hibs

That’s it. We can’t afford a quarter of his weekly wage.

Greencore
Nut.

we are hibs
He will go down south on loan.

S4uzee
29-12-2019, 05:56 PM
That’s it. We can’t afford a quarter of his weekly wage.

Under Ron we could?

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 05:57 PM
IF Celtic are looking to loan him out to get game time then it's probably not inconceivable that Hibs are a destination they have considered.

They know we have a decent set up, they know we'll look after their player and they know he'll want to come here.

We probably couldn't afford a fraction of Stokes or Ambrose wage when they were loaned to us but that happened. It's a predictable rumour but not the most far fetched we will hear in the coming weeks. I'm not sure there's going to be a big queue of clubs down south wanting Griffiths and I'm not sure he would want to go down there again either.

Heisenberg
Trust me.

I absolutely do not trust you. I’ve been hurt in various transfer windows before. I won’t let it happen again.

Lee Marvin
He will go down south on loan.

What if he doesn't want to? If up to him, I'm 99% he would chose a loan to Hibs over every other team in UK.

HoboHarry

Glenn Whelan to us on a free transfer in January. Am I doing this right?

lord bunberry
29-12-2019, 05:58 PM
His wages won’t be an issue if it’s a loan deal. Surely Celtic would want him going to another Scottish team that will possibly take points of the huns.

murray26
29-12-2019, 05:58 PM
I wouldn’t be totally shocked.. Celtic will surely strengthen in January and Leigh will be further down the pecking order

S4uzee
29-12-2019, 06:00 PM
I wouldn’t be totally shocked.. Celtic will surely strengthen in January and Leigh will be further down the pecking order

We potentially have 1 game left against rangers and it’s at ibrox ... I doubt they’ll be thinking about that

Greencore
Anyone else remember when loan players could play against their parent club. Never happens theses days...

Golden Bear
We'll certainly need another striker if Kamberi moves on.

Lee Marvin

No, you are not.

There are realistic, valid reasons why the leigh to hibs deal could actually transpire. There are literally no such reasons for Whelan to hibs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2019, 06:06 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Would love if it's true, but not bothered if it's pesh. Just love the sentiment!

.......and love the wee fella.

Callum7
29-12-2019, 06:09 PM
I will delete my account

Wait a minute... you seem serious 🤔

HoboHarry
29-12-2019, 06:14 PM
No, you are not.

There are realistic, valid reasons why the leigh to hibs deal could actually transpire. There are literally no such reasons for Whelan to hibs.
There are numerous reasons why any number of players could join us but that's not really the point is it? If someone posts that player "X" is joining us with nothing to back it up then it's pretty meaningless, just another .net "fact".....

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2019, 06:17 PM
I will delete my account

You can always come back as Leigh Griffiths if not already taken :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
29-12-2019, 06:20 PM

Apparently he'll only come if we sign Berra, Haring and Naismith too...so looks like its on and we cover all requirement. Striker, Midfield and a useless twat in defence

Bothar Casca
29-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Sparky still has some things to work through personally, and Celtic take their duty of care with him very seriously. Therefore he will not be sent down south or to a team they/Leigh doesn’t know well. Lennon has experience of how Hibs have handled players/staff with mental health issues and was impressed.

Sending him “Home” would allow him to continue his recovery as well as giving him regular game time and the confidence that comes with it.

This is not a simple loan deal, there are a few facets to this deal that out Hibs ahead of many other clubs. Finance not one of them.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2019, 06:30 PM
No, you are not.

They are many more valid reasons that it won't sadly. His wages are well beyond us.

Lee Marvin
29-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Sparky still has some things to work through personally, and Celtic take their duty of care with him very seriously. Therefore he will not be sent down south or to a team they/Leigh doesn’t know well. Lennon has experience of how Hibs have handled players/staff with mental health issues and was impressed.

Sending him “Home” would allow him to continue his recovery as well as giving him regular game time and the confidence that comes with it.

This is not a simple loan deal, there are a few facets to this deal that out Hibs ahead of many other clubs. Finance not one of them.

Are you saying these talks are actually happening? Or is this your opinion if they were to happen?

Lee Marvin
29-12-2019, 06:34 PM
They are many more valid reasons that it won't sadly. His wages are well beyond us.

20k is yes. But most loan deals are a fraction of actual wage. There are many reasons why Celtic would potentially accept 25-30% for 4 months.

lord bunberry
29-12-2019, 06:36 PM
We won’t be paying all his wages though.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2019, 06:37 PM

:agree:

Sir David Gray
29-12-2019, 06:38 PM
20k is yes. But most loan deals are a fraction of actual wage. There are many reasons why Celtic would potentially accept 25-30% for 4 months.

Will we pay £5-6,000 a week for one player?

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 06:40 PM

Stokes mustve been close to that while at hibs tbf

Lee Marvin
29-12-2019, 06:44 PM

On loan, as a one off - possibly.

On a permanent deal - doubtful

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2019, 06:52 PM

6k ish? Absolutely no chance. His issues make him a massive risk for that much.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 06:57 PM
What percentage of Stokes and Ambrose wages did we pay when they joined on loan? How did their wage at Celtic differ from Griffiths? How did we facilitate that but definitely can't make a deal for LG work?

The answer to the all of the above is that no one, outwith a small group of people, has a clue. Therefore we have no idea if a deal is possible and whether wages are a stumbling block or not. It's all conjecture and guesswork.

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 07:00 PM
My body is ready

hibees 7062
29-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Exactly right

erin go bragh
29-12-2019, 07:14 PM
6k ish? Absolutely no chance. His issues make him a massive risk for that much.
We would pay the same as Commons and Ambrose ,Stokes got . Definitely possible as Celtic might see it as a chance to put him in the shop window.

MrSmith
29-12-2019, 07:19 PM

We paid £100k to the rangers for Middleton (allegedly) so £5k pw for 5 months = £100k therefore, I’m for it 👍

hibsbollah
29-12-2019, 07:24 PM

I thoroughly concur.

dp00
29-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Celtic won’t want him going down south , they already insist he lives beside the training ground these days. I can’t see it happen but it’s prob more likely than would seem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmack7
29-12-2019, 07:25 PM
we wont be able to play him against Celtic in the SC final.

neil7908
29-12-2019, 07:28 PM
His wages won’t be an issue if it’s a loan deal. Surely Celtic would want him going to another Scottish team that will possibly take points of the huns.

This in a nutshell. After today's result they will be even more desperate to gain whatever advantage they can over Sevco.

Given Leighs well publicised personal issues and lack of match practice I don't think there will be a huge number of clubs knocking on Celtic's door either.

They know he'll have a good environment at Hibs, is loved by the fans and they can keep an eye on him.

A good half season with us and his value will shoot up. A loan move down south would mean they pay less of his wages now but its a bigger gamble.

I have no inside info but I don't think it's that far fetched.

Jim44
29-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Why would he want to come to us on loan and why would Celtic even consider it? He wants to get back in contention with Celtic and the fans are desperate for him to get back. Leaving Parkhead , even for a few months, doesn’t fit. Forget it.

Lee Marvin
29-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Why would he want to come to us on loan and why would Celtic even consider it? He wants to get back in contention with Celtic and the fans are desperate for him to get back. Leaving Parkhead , even for a few months, doesn’t fit. Forget it.

This is complete conjecture on your part. What if Lennon doesnt fancy him anymore? What if they sign someone else and he drops to 4th choice for 1 position.

There are loads of reasons why he would potentially want to return for 4 months.

Captain Trips
29-12-2019, 07:35 PM
That would be great however I would rather put as much money towards the shambles that is the first 1/3 of the team bar goalie

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 07:39 PM
This is complete conjecture on your part. What if Lennon doesnt fancy him anymore? What if they sign someone else and he drops to 4th choice for 1 position.

There are loads of reasons why he would potentially want to return for 4 months.

Every single post on this thread is conjecture, including yours, and particularly the OP!

neil7908
29-12-2019, 07:40 PM

When he scored that double against England (feels like an eternity ago) I'd have laughed at him coming back.

Now it doesn't seem that odd. He's not getting a game, Celtic are looking at others forwards, he's had serious off field issues and Celtic will want to do whatever they can to help others take points off Sevco.

His stock is not that high at the moment. We're a known entity and the perfect environment to help get his career back on track.

hibsbollah
29-12-2019, 07:40 PM
When he scored that double against England (feels like an eternity ago) I'd have laughed at him coming back.

Now it doesn't seem that odd. He's not getting a game, Celtic are looking at others forwards, he's had serious off field issues and Celtic will want to do whatever they can to help others take points off Sevco.

His stock is not that high at the moment. We're a known entity and the perfect environment to help get his career back on track.

Pure conjecture.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Pure conjecture.

:tee hee:

Jim44
29-12-2019, 07:43 PM

Isn’t all the stuff on here 99.9% conjecture. Griffiths has more chance of making the grade again at Celtic by staying there and fighting for a place and not by going out on loan. That defeat today is a time bomb under their dominanace and I think Griffiths will fancy his chances of getting involved there.

hibsbollah
29-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Isn’t all the stuff on here 99.9% conjecture. Griffiths has more chance of making the grade again at Celtic by staying there and fighting for a place and not by going out on loan. That defeat today is a time bomb under their dominanace and I think Griffiths will fancy his chances of getting involved there.

This is just speculation on your part :greengrin

Lee Marvin
29-12-2019, 07:51 PM

My reply was poorly worded and should not have said conjecture :greengrin

You are talking as fact about what Griffiths thinks, wherein you have literally no idea what he thinks/wants.

I was trying to say that there are many valid reasons why he would potentially want to come back here and that it isn't outwit the realms of possibility that he ends up at ER

J-C
29-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Celtic won’t want him going down south , they already insist he lives beside the training ground these days. I can’t see it happen but it’s prob more likely than would seem

He won't want to go south either, missed his kids too much last time down there, he'll want to stay up here if possible.

Diclonius
29-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Leigh Griffiths will retire at Celtic.

He will never come back to us, and you can quote me on that.

Waxy
29-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Makes sense. He needs a big kickstart and where better than here.
He’ll be able to play against Therangers and not Celtic.
Loan makes sense.

Steve20
29-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Not happening.

Alfred E Newman
29-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Leigh Griffiths would have made no difference today. The midfield is as poor as I can remember and until that is sorted we will continue to struggle.

Northernhibee
29-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Leigh Griffiths would have made no difference today. The midfield is as poor as I can remember and until that is sorted we will continue to struggle.

I don’t think we are a mile off. A decent DM allows Hallberg to play box to box and get up to support Scott Allan in attacking scenarios as well as offering more support to put back line, and Scott Allan has more opportunity to create.

I’d like a better option than Horgan but I think we need four players - DM, LW, ST, utility defender and we are good.

SanFranHibs
29-12-2019, 09:02 PM
What was the wage structure when he came on loan from Wolves? And was he not their top scorer when they loaned him to us?

Maybe Celtic think Hibs under Jack Ross would help him regain his form.

If LG's current form and situation at Celtic is not good for them both then it might coming here might be a win-win-win. If he comes and it falls short of our hopes what have we lost? His inclusion in the squad kept Vela out?

I was excited when Heckingbottom told us Hibs would play an exciting, high pressing game. After beating Hearts on Boxing day I was excited this morning and thought we might get on a winning streak. I am excited about the prospect of them being relegated.

I will let my hopes rise knowing they might be dashed. And if they are dashed I won't even insist the OP keeps to his word to delete his account. This is the Winter transfer talk that excites me. It's either this or JK Rowling and her spouse, who might be a psychiatrist or a GP, bailing out Hearts.

And I'm not above a bit of plagiarism.

All the above is not imo, just my conjecture.

:flag:

Haymaker
29-12-2019, 09:04 PM
He's coming home. And Celtc are paying for it.

Weegreenman
29-12-2019, 09:18 PM
IF Celtic are looking to loan him out to get game time then it's probably not inconceivable that Hibs are a destination they have considered.

They know we have a decent set up, they know we'll look after their player and they know he'll want to come here.

We probably couldn't afford a fraction of Stokes or Ambrose wage when they were loaned to us but that happened. It's a predictable rumour but not the most far fetched we will hear in the coming weeks. I'm not sure there's going to be a big queue of clubs down south wanting Griffiths and I'm not sure he would want to go down there again either.

He could also help us and Celtic do damage to Rangers title hopes. Just saying. 😉

Haymaker
29-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2019, 10:18 PM
He's coming home. And Celtc are paying for it.

:agree: Donald Trump told me the same, and I believe him.

jacomo
29-12-2019, 10:22 PM
He could also help us and Celtic do damage to Rangers title hopes. Just saying. 😉

Well, when you put it like that...

Celtc should make it worth our while. There’s a 9th title at stake...

Lago
29-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Substitute Derek Riodan for Leigh Griffiths & you have a thread from yester year.

WeeRussell
29-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Apparently he'll only come if we sign Berra, Haring and Naismith too...so looks like its on and we cover all requirement. Striker, Midfield and a useless twat in defence

3 of their better players? On top of Leigh.. yes please.

And in response to another quote - I’ll be absolutely astounded if he finishes his career at Celtic.

HoboHarry
29-12-2019, 11:52 PM
:agree: Donald Trump told me the same, and I believe him.
You should - I was there when the aliens told Trump.......

edinburghhibee
29-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Anyone else remember when loan players could play against their parent club. Never happens theses days...

Think we can blame our very own budgie for that. Was it no Newcastle loaned him to Man City and he played a blunder against them and dented their title hopes???

Maybe I dreamt this :/

Frankhfc
30-12-2019, 12:07 AM
Substitute Derek Riodan for Leigh Griffiths & you have a thread from yester year.

Derek Rodier even and your'e into decades ago.

:greengrin

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 12:27 AM
we wont be able to play him against Celtic in the SC final.

We will against Rangers tho.

Haymaker
30-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Derek Rodier even and your'e into decades ago.

Are you saying... Deeks AND Leigh?!?!

mjhibby
30-12-2019, 01:12 AM
If Celtic spend £6m on a striker Leigh isn't going to get a look in. He's way down the pecking order and it makes sense he gets regular fitba for no other reason than to occupy his mind. It's not good for anybody either him sitting in the stand or on the bench. My understanding is that we've tentatively asked about him. Don't know how that went.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2019, 01:53 AM

There you go :)

Oscar T Grouch
30-12-2019, 07:06 AM
We will have limited money in January and I doubt we’ll be employing a striker with that, or at least it is not the area we need strengthened in urgently.

jacomo
30-12-2019, 10:11 AM
There you go :)

Does this now qualify as ‘well documented’?

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2019, 10:39 AM

It does in European matches and some european leagues. Just not here or in England.

BlackSheep
30-12-2019, 11:40 AM
I was chatting with the football exec producer at my work at our Xmas night out and he has it on good word that if Celtic sign a decent backup for Edouard then Leigh will be free to find a loan move, unfortunately it’s due to his off field life that has pushed them to make such a decision.

So if this rumour does come to fruition then no one knows which Griffiths we may get.

I, for one, think playing regularly and in front of a crowd that adores him could be just what he needs to get his career back on track.

Northernhibee
30-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Are you saying... Deeks AND Leigh?!?!

Le God too - already confirmed

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Bringing him home is worth the gamble for the remainder of the season. Get it done Ron!

Greenworld
30-12-2019, 12:08 PM
We will have limited money in January and I doubt we’ll be employing a striker with that, or at least it is not the area we need strengthened in urgently.I'm not sure why you think money will be limited. The club will spend what is required if they can move a few out that will clear more funds. We need a couple of players in not journeymen players so it will cost a bit.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
30-12-2019, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure why you think money will be limited. The club will spend what is required if they can move a few out that will clear more funds. We need a couple of players in not journeymen players so it will cost a bit.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I could see the budget being limited if we were safely in fifth but far behind fourth. However the former isn't the case so money has to be spent to get us into the top six. The extra prize money and gate money will cover the cost.

HFC93
30-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Griffiths to Hibs isn't as unrealistic as some folk on here seem to think. I know he came on as a sub yesterday but I think his time at Celtic is nearing an end, with Lennon reportedly looking at a few different strikers in January.

HoboHarry
30-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Le God too - already confirmed

You just made that up. It's Arthur Duncan that's signing to provide the crosses......

weecounty hibby
30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
You just made that up. It's Arthur Duncan that's signing to provide the crosses......

No, it's Duncan Lambie. Shivers running down me just thinking about that!

chrisski33
30-12-2019, 01:35 PM
I wouldnt say its a no to leigh coming back but maybe not this season.

lord bunberry
30-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Neil Lennon has already said he might send him out on loan.

wookie70
30-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Not impossible and even if he is at 80% of his full level he would massively improve us. He makes fantastic runs and would be our best finisher by a long shot, pun not intended. He also works very hard and has a little bit of an edge that many of our players lack.

GreenCastle
30-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Celtic may as well give us a few more fringe players if they want points taken off the huns.

Would be great to have LG back - would be great to support him into a better mindset.

Betty Boop
30-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Neil Lennon has already said he might send him out on loan.

Not according to this he wont

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/leigh-griffiths-is-looking-better-in-training-wont-be-leaving-celtic-on-loan/

Greencore
30-12-2019, 09:46 PM
https://twitter.com/NoContextSPFL_/status/1211220526456360962?s=19

Gmack7
31-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Is he signing tomorrow or sre we having to wait until just before the window SLAMS shut

hibsbollah
31-12-2019, 02:28 PM

NC1875
31-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Celtic may as well give us a few more fringe players if they want points taken off the huns.

Would be great to have LG back - would be great to support him into a better mindset.

Celtic’s first team aren’t as good as the huns so a couple of there fringe players aren’t going to help us all of a sudden take points of them.

Cataplana
31-12-2019, 02:52 PM

I'm sure we would make a contribution. However, I don't think we should lose sight of the fact we have our own objectives.

Personally, I would say that if Leigh is not up to starting every game, then we shouldn't be relying on him. It would not be good for the player, and it would not be good for the club.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Celtic’s first team aren’t as good as the huns so a couple of there fringe players aren’t going to help us all of a sudden take points of them.

Agree!

I think that will change in the January transfer window

The Celtic Directors will have to find the key to the biscuit tin to allow Lenny to splash the cash to buy 10 in a row which hopefully might increase our chances of getting Leigh Leigh Super Leigh

Haymaker
31-12-2019, 03:14 PM

Stop that.

hibsbollah
31-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Stop that.

:offski:

Haymaker
31-12-2019, 07:51 PM
:offski:

Reported.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Have we made a NYD signing in recent memory?

Pretty Boy
31-12-2019, 09:18 PM

Graeme Smith the goalkeeper. Signed for the New Year derby because MaKalambay was injured in a game v Rangers post Christmas and we only had a young laddie (Flynn?) as cover.

Probably best forgotten that one though.

04Sauzee
31-12-2019, 09:24 PM

Was Bain not a NYD signing?

Sammy7nil
01-01-2020, 01:41 PM
When is the press announcement ?

Ozyhibby
01-01-2020, 03:32 PM

And gone before the end of the month.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2020, 03:45 PM

Yes signed 01/01/18 and left 30 days later having never played a game.

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2020, 10:56 PM

As well as Bain, we signed Chris Humphrey in December 31st 3 years ago

CMurdoch
01-01-2020, 10:58 PM
As well as Bain, we signed Chris Humphrey in December 31st 3 years ago

That went well ........for half a game game.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2020, 11:40 PM
That went well ........for half a game game.

He was phenomenal in his first game against Dundee Utd then got injured a few weeks later and we barely saw him again.

Hibee Mac
02-01-2020, 12:44 AM
He was phenomenal in his first game against Dundee Utd then got injured a few weeks later and we barely saw him again.

Remember that, 2 assists in the first 30 minutes or something wasn't it?

He looked the real deal then

JOD
02-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Hang on
We got Scot Alan in return.
A Lenny masterstroke.

allezsauzee
02-01-2020, 11:23 AM

This wouldn't be the daftest idea given that Rangers Mark 2 are running them so close. Super Leigh and Greg Taylor maybe?

hibsbollah
02-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Reported.

Quite right. It stopped being funny some time ago. I wish this .net clique/mafia would stop it's pathetic wee historical jokes that no-one understands :grr:

He is coming back though

tamig
02-01-2020, 12:12 PM
This wouldn't be the daftest idea given that Rangers Mark 2 are running them so close. Super Leigh and Greg Taylor maybe?

Can only get one player in on loan from the same club in the top league. Different rules for the Championship and below.

Carheenlea
02-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Saw this on Twitter

https://i.postimg.cc/6qxyn9jT/79-B40-D32-4345-4-A75-BC77-D4-A29-A5-DCD8-C.jpg

Key sentence being the last one.

Haymaker
02-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Quite right. It stopped being funny some time ago. I wish this .net clique/mafia would stop it's pathetic wee historical jokes that no-one understands :grr:

He is coming back though

Correct.

Vault Boy
02-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Saw this on Twitter

https://i.postimg.cc/6qxyn9jT/79-B40-D32-4345-4-A75-BC77-D4-A29-A5-DCD8-C.jpg

Key sentence being the last one.

Always makes me laugh when rumours/lies like this contain such specific details. The more a story is embellished, the less believable it is.

Would be funny if it had happened though!

RoYO!
02-01-2020, 12:56 PM
Lennon was always going to lose that dressing room when things started to not go his way.

Next will be long terms disappearances/ AWOL from Celtic and not handling any of his media requirements.

Keith_M
02-01-2020, 01:17 PM

Heard he's going to Hearts.

CentreLine
02-01-2020, 01:22 PM

Of course he is. It’s a stick on 😏

allezsauzee
02-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Can only get one player in on loan from the same club in the top league. Different rules for the Championship and below.

Ah right enough, forgot about that. I'd take either of those with an obviously preference for Leigh

Topographic Hibby
02-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Lennon was always going to lose that dressing room when things started to not go his way.

Next will be long terms disappearances/ AWOL from Celtic and not handling any of his media requirements.Followed by baffling team selections, playing players out of position and over celebrating last minute equalisers against The Rangers.

Keith_M
02-01-2020, 01:38 PM
You should - I was there when the aliens told Trump.......

Dd they get that from Uranus?

LustForLeith
02-01-2020, 01:44 PM
I remember someone at Hibs saying when asked about Leigh coming back on loan there’s no chance of getting a player who makes ten times what the highest paid player at Easter Road gets.

But you never know

Is It On....
02-01-2020, 03:36 PM
I remember someone at Hibs saying when asked about Leigh coming back on loan there’s no chance of getting a player who makes ten times what the highest paid player at Easter Road gets.

But you never know

What about the other Sparky at Sunderland?

eezyrider
13-01-2020, 08:01 PM
I will delete my account

I see you're still about. Does that mean Leigh is definitely coming then or are you back tracking for what you said?

EZ

Speedy
13-01-2020, 11:14 PM
Always makes me laugh when rumours/lies like this contain such specific details. The more a story is embellished, the less believable it is.

The injury stuff wouldn't surprise me with Lennon.

JimBHibees
14-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Graeme Smith the goalkeeper. Signed for the New Year derby because MaKalambay was injured in a game v Rangers post Christmas and we only had a young laddie (Flynn?) as cover.

Probably best forgotten that one though.

Some of the worst goalkeeping performances ever in a Hibs jersey. That 6 6 game to me had a bit of a whiff about it. Also fumbled the ball for a winner in the Derby at ER. Was he the guy that turned up at the wrong ground for a game? :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-01-2020, 07:57 AM

Agree written by rangers fan also.

jacomo
14-01-2020, 08:17 AM

I’m quoting you but I don’t agree with you.

Leigh hasn’t won a trophy for his beloved Hibees. Clearly he needs to rectify this issue.

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2020, 10:56 AM

I am shocked you even wrote that. Take a good look at yourself! Are you a troll?

green with envy
14-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Some of the worst goalkeeping performances ever in a Hibs jersey. That 6 6 game to me had a bit of a whiff about it. Also fumbled the ball for a winner in the Derby at ER. Was he the guy that turned up at the wrong ground for a game? :greengrin

From memory, did he not save a pen in that game?

makaveli1875
14-01-2020, 11:00 AM
I am shocked you even wrote that. Take a good look at yourself! Are you a troll?

think its tongue in cheek , theres some delusional jambos that think he's going to them on loan .

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2020, 11:27 AM
think its tongue in cheek , theres some delusional jambos that think he's going to them on loan .

I see thanks. Only a Jambo coukd think that. They are on another planet. Have been for years.

Anthony Soprano
14-01-2020, 11:48 AM

But you never know

We wouldn't pay the full amount, just part of it.

The same as when we had Stokes on loan, he would of been on much more than any of our players, even more so as we were in the Championship at the time.

That being said, I can't see this one happening, but I live in hope.

expresso
14-01-2020, 12:19 PM
We wouldn't pay the full amount, just part of it.

The same as when we had Stokes on loan, he would of been on much more than any of our players, even more so as we were in the Championship at the time.

That being said, I can't see this one happening, but I live in hope.

Being linked with a loan move to Motherwell on some forums today

Waxy
14-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Both Celtic and NL will still be in a cream puff with us.
Maybe best nt waste any energy about LG for now.

Anthony Soprano
14-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Being linked with a loan move to Motherwell on some forums today

If he is available for loan then I imagine we would be his preferred destination, whether JR is interested is another matter all together.

If he does come to us I have no doubt he would do well, back home in front of fans who adore him. Think he would link up well with Scotty Allan and would like to see a Sparky - Kamberi/Doidge strike partnership.

I would be frustrated if he ends up going to a club like Motherwell and does well and we don't even make an enquiry.

allezsauzee
14-01-2020, 02:18 PM

maybe they'll be nicer to us when they try to sign Boyler or Porto and then we can get Super Leigh

HoboHarry
14-01-2020, 02:19 PM
No they won't. It's business.

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2020, 05:25 PM
No they won't. It's business.

Scott Allan.

erin go bragh
14-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Saved a pen in the 89 min to keep us winning 6-5 . Then their guy scored a screamer in injury time .
I had money on Hibs to win ht and ft ( no cash out in those days )

hibbysam
14-01-2020, 06:58 PM

After giving it away, and chucking a few in.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Seems to have liked a tweet, from a journalist saying his days at Celtic were numbered
Then deleted his account. I’m not an expert on Twitter, so can’t link it on here

Unseen work
14-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Would love to see him back.

He’s 30 in August, has clearly struggled with personal issues and has barely kicked a ball in 18 months or so.

I can’t see too many teams wanting to take a punt on him as it would be a risk.

Hopefully he just wants to come home, personally can’t see it but we can hope!

Max_Shah
14-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Seems to have liked a tweet, from a journalist saying his days at Celtic were numbered
Then deleted his account. I’m not an expert on Twitter, so can’t link it on here

For future reference guys:

Bring up the "tweet/webpage" etc on screen [mobile and/or desktop]

Copy and paste the "tweet/webpage" etc address into https://archive.is/

The "tweet/webpage" etc is now saved forevermore as an archival link, then post archive link to forum.

The archive is specifically designed to save stuff that may/may not get deleted for whatever reason. :aok:

On Topic - FWIW: - Leigh ain't gonna sign although I'm reliably informed it rained herring in 12th Century Burgundy so what do I know [hee-haw is the correct answer] :greengrin

Haymaker
14-01-2020, 07:40 PM
:hyper it's gonna happen!!

BegbieHSC
14-01-2020, 07:52 PM

It might just.

Haymaker
14-01-2020, 08:05 PM
It might just.

14-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Guess or itk?

04Sauzee
14-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Guess or itk?

Wouldn't even say it's a guess just hopeful.

davhibby
14-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't even say it's a guess just hopeful.

It’s almost certain he’ll be leaving so why shouldn’t it be it us?

04Sauzee
14-01-2020, 08:43 PM
It’s almost certain he’ll be leaving so why shouldn’t it be it us?

Haymaker has been doing that for years, it's not an ITK post, he's hopeful as are many others.

davhibby
14-01-2020, 08:52 PM
Haymaker has been doing that for years, it's not an ITK post, he's hopeful as are many others.

I’m well aware but I’m just making the point that if he doesn’t leave Celtic this window his career is basically over so you’d like to think we’ll be interested

bigwheel
14-01-2020, 09:02 PM
I’m well aware but I’m just making the point that if he doesn’t leave Celtic this window his career is basically over so you’d like to think we’ll be interested

That’s quite a leap isn’t it ? Career over if he doesn’t leave Celtic this window ?

The 90+2
14-01-2020, 09:06 PM
That’s quite a leap isn’t it ? Career over if he doesn’t leave Celtic this window ?

I’m assuming poster means Celtic career if he doesn’t get his own career back on track pronto.

bigwheel
14-01-2020, 09:09 PM
I’m assuming poster means Celtic career if he doesn’t get his own career back on track pronto.

Ah. Thanks. That makes sense

davhibby
14-01-2020, 09:19 PM

He should be in his prime now and if that’s another 6 months sitting on the bench it’ll have been how long since he was last getting any sort of regular game time? Career over at a decent level anyway

bigwheel
14-01-2020, 09:26 PM
He should be in his prime now and if that’s another 6 months sitting on the bench it’ll have been how long since he was last getting any sort of regular game time? Career over at a decent level anyway

Football is a complete commodity business..boys have been in jail for a couple of years and still got good moves and Good contracts ...if he is fit he will get a move, game time and goals...plenty of football
Left in him if he fancies it

The 90+2
14-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Football is a complete commodity business..boys have been in jail for a couple of years and still got good moves and Good contracts ...if he is fit he will get a move, game time and goals...plenty of football
Left in him if he fancies it

Yep. A few goals his confidence goes back up and he will be flying.

Hibs90
14-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Come on Hibs pleaseeeee

SaulGoodman
15-01-2020, 12:22 AM
:hyper:

GreenCastle
15-01-2020, 12:27 AM
Come home LG - we love you !!!

Would give him an amazing reception if he was to come back.

Haymaker
15-01-2020, 12:32 AM
:hyper:

:hyper :hyper

Weegreenman
15-01-2020, 09:16 AM
I’ll eat my green hat if this happens. 😵🤔

Since452
15-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Griffith's looks way out the picture at Celtic especially with them signing the Polish boy. Would make sense for them to loan him out to try and take points off Rangers. I think he'd be buzzing to get back to somewhere he knows so well and is adored by the fans

DH1875
15-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Fully expect him to go out on loan this window. No reason why it shouldn't be us. Lots of reasons why it should. Can see it happening.

hibsbollah
15-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Fully expect him to go out on loan this window. No reason why it shouldn't be us. Lots of reasons why it should. Can see it happening.

Greenworld
15-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Griffith's looks way out the picture at Celtic especially with them signing the Polish boy. Would make sense for them to loan him out to try and take points off Rangers. I think he'd be buzzing to get back to somewhere he knows so well and is adored by the fansThat's certainly is the DR take on it. The fans on Kerrydale also think the time has come to move on.
LG is still short of fitness and match games that's the biggest problem. however if he was we would not be having this discussion so you never know it might happen

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

King Cosell
15-01-2020, 11:27 AM
9 home games left. I reckon Leigh Griffiths would put about 25,000 bums on seats. Average ticket price £15?

25,000 x £15 = £375,000

We could pay up to £15,000 a week for 4 months and make a tidy profit.

where'stheslope
15-01-2020, 11:31 AM
9 home games left. I reckon Leigh Griffiths would put about 25,000 bums on seats. Average ticket price £15?

25,000 x £15 = £375,000

Where are we getting the other 5,000 seated stand?????

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2020, 11:49 AM

borrow murrayfield

:)

King Cosell
15-01-2020, 11:49 AM

25,000 over 9 games.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2020, 12:16 PM
25,000 over 9 games.

I think that is too simple a take on it he may not even be fit to play all those games.

FilipinoHibs
15-01-2020, 12:26 PM
His auntie in the coop told a few years ago he was signing for Celtic. I am sure she knows what is going on.

Onceinawhile
15-01-2020, 01:22 PM

25,000 x £15 = £375,000

You think Sparky will convince 2,800 people per game to come to Easter Road? Maybe as a one off.

Also, 3 of those games are likely to be v Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, where there's no scope for extra tickets to be sold. So that's slightly over 4,000 tickets per game, which would put us into roughly 19,000 per game. Not sure that's achievable given we would likely need to use the whole top tier of the south for that.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 02:49 PM
You think Sparky will convince 2,800 people per game to come to Easter Road? Maybe as a one off.

Also, 3 of those games are likely to be v Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, where there's no scope for extra tickets to be sold. So that's slightly over 4,000 tickets per game, which would put us into roughly 19,000 per game. Not sure that's achievable given we would likely need to use the whole top tier of the south for that.

That’s those chips pissed on then.

Springbank
15-01-2020, 03:17 PM

I think it means 2,800 extra Hibees at every game (inc the south stand) bar the derby.

We were unbeaten v Rangers and v Celtic when we cut their allocation. Do it again.

We keep the arrangement with Hearts about getting the full away stand for the derby, as a useful arrangement.

And versus the rest of the teams we have Hibs fans on all 4 sides of the ground roaring the team on.

It makes sense to me, financially AND sporting wise.

And I care about the sports reasons more than anything else :flag:

green day
15-01-2020, 03:30 PM

Apart, perhaps, from the amount of his mammoth salary we need to pay?

The 90+2
15-01-2020, 03:33 PM

He would be more suited to us to get his form back or to shop window him to England at this moment. I think Celtic would cover the wages in hope of getting a transfer fee or a fully flying Griffiths back next season.

ancient hibee
15-01-2020, 06:11 PM
I think it means 2,800 extra Hibees at every game (inc the south stand) bar the derby.

We were unbeaten v Rangers and v Celtic when we cut their allocation. Do it again.

We keep the arrangement with Hearts about getting the full away stand for the derby, as a useful arrangement.

And versus the rest of the teams we have Hibs fans on all 4 sides of the ground roaring the team on.

He wouldn’t play against Celtic.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2020, 06:18 PM
He wouldn’t play against Celtic.

More vinegar on those chips then.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2020, 07:14 PM

How does the salary of Griffiths compare to that of Stokes, Commons and Ambrose when we loaned them from Celtic?

I'm interested into how much higher it is that those deals were done and this one can't be.

nellyedinburgh
15-01-2020, 07:20 PM

Hope so a half fit lg improves us get it done asap hibs would still score more than kamberi and doidge put together the rest of the season

Real Emerald
15-01-2020, 07:44 PM
How does the salary of Griffiths compare to that of Stokes, Commons and Ambrose when we loaned them from Celtic?

I'm interested into how much higher it is that those deals were done and this one can't be.

I’ve no idea the costs of any of these but it does appear that under our previous owner and Rod, that cash could be found if it was deemed a player worth getting became available. It now looks like the budget is rigid, that’s my view of the situation anyway. I’d be delighted if my interpretation was way off mark though.

oneone73
15-01-2020, 07:49 PM
I’ve no idea the costs of any of these but it does appear that under our previous owner and Rod, that cash could be found if it was deemed a player worth getting became available. It now looks like the budget is rigid, that’s my view of the situation anyway. I’d be delighted if my interpretation was way off mark though.

I don't think it's the money that's rigid, I think it's the squad size.

Real Emerald
15-01-2020, 08:00 PM
I don't think it's the money that's rigid, I think it's the squad size.

Same thing really, if a good player becomes available you would go for it even if the squad was added to, only thing would stop it is money/budget.

TheGreenMan
15-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Including his kids, birds and extended families, we'll get another 2800 easy 😁

Haymaker
15-01-2020, 08:10 PM

G B Young
15-01-2020, 08:11 PM

George Best added approximately 15,000 to the gate in his first home game for Hibs (v Partick Thistle) so I guess it's all relative. Is Sparky a fifth as good as Bestie? In which case then maybe 2,800 is about right :wink:

Sir David Gray
15-01-2020, 09:58 PM

If I ever win the lottery or somehow just become very rich, one of the first things I would do is pay Hibs whatever amount we would lose by cutting the allocation for Celtic and Rangers fans for every game in order to cover the club's losses.

Haymaker
15-01-2020, 10:25 PM

Onceinawhile
16-01-2020, 07:48 AM
George Best added approximately 15,000 to the gate in his first home game for Hibs (v Partick Thistle) so I guess it's all relative. Is Sparky a fifth as good as Bestie? In which case then maybe 2,800 is about right :wink:

How many did he add to subsequent games?

Remind me, how did signing best go that season?

HFC93
16-01-2020, 08:02 AM

Our average attentance when Griffiths previously played for us was was around 10-11 thousand. We're averaging 16 thousand this season. So where these extra fans would come from I've no idea.

Northernhibee
16-01-2020, 10:31 AM

If Haymaker is doing a :hyper then you know it must be happening!

MrRobot
16-01-2020, 11:12 AM
If Haymaker is doing a :hyper then you know it must be happening!

He's been doing it for about 5 years now :greengrin

Northernhibee
16-01-2020, 11:22 AM

Leigh's signing a five year deal? :hyper

We need to create a new emoji for when it doesn't happen and I'm filled with a mix of incandescent rage and disappointment like nobody has ever known since the local trophy cabinet salesman seen Craig Levein walk through the door.

16-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Leigh's signing a five year deal? :hyper

We need to create a new emoji for when it doesn't happen and I'm filled with a mix of incandescent rage and disappointment like nobody has ever known since the local trophy cabinet salesman seen Craig Levein walk through the door.

This one?

:grr:

Haymaker
16-01-2020, 01:38 PM

About 6 and a half thereabouts :greengrin

Hibs90
16-01-2020, 01:42 PM
#AnnounceGriffiths

MrRobot
16-01-2020, 01:57 PM
About 6 and a half thereabouts :greengrin

I hope this is the last window you have to do it.

CMurdoch
16-01-2020, 05:05 PM
Our average attentance when Griffiths previously played for us was was around 10-11 thousand. We're averaging 16 thousand this season. So where these extra fans would come from I've no idea.

We are averaging 16,900 this season.
Will be over 17,000 at the end of the season if we don't fall to bits.

Paisley Hibby
17-01-2020, 02:50 AM
If he's available and if we can find the money it's a no brainer for us and him. But that's 2 ifs and the second one is likely to be the more difficult one. However, having just seen The Daily Record article online I'm starting to get a feeling this may happen.

Haymaker
17-01-2020, 03:46 AM

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2020, 06:16 AM
If he's available and if we can find the money it's a no brainer for us and him. But that's 2 ifs and the second one is likely to be the more difficult one. However, having just seen The Daily Record article online I'm starting to get a feeling this may happen.

It's not a no brainer for him, staying at Celtic and earning 10x the wage is the no brainer and why this won't happen.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2020, 07:12 AM

It's a no brainer for us definitely but not too sure it's a no brainer for him. Getting regular football again at a club he loves, where the fans adore him would certainly be appealing but dropping down around £15,000-£18,000 a week in wages is a lot to consider and takes it out of the no brainer category for me. That's not to say it won't happen but it is a lot for him to consider.

FilipinoHibs
17-01-2020, 07:17 AM
It's a no brainer for us definitely but not too sure it's a no brainer for him. Getting regular football again at a club he loves, where the fans adore him would certainly be appealing but dropping down around £15,000-£18,000 a week in wages is a lot to consider and takes it out of the no brainer category for me. That's not to say it won't happen but it is a lot for him to consider.

But if he comes on loan we pay part of his wage and Celtic the rest. He does not loose out financially. Celtic get him in the shop window or back up and running again.

I would be more worried about his physical/mental state.

JohnM1875
17-01-2020, 07:18 AM
It's not a no brainer for him, staying at Celtic and earning 10x the wage is the no brainer and why this won't happen.

Dunno about that. Scotland are in with their best chance in as long as I can remember of reaching a major tournament. Leigh will need to be playing to be starting for Scotland. So I can definitely see him going out on loan somewhere.

hibsbollah
17-01-2020, 07:24 AM

JimBHibees
17-01-2020, 07:25 AM
Dunno about that. Scotland are in with their best chance in as long as I can remember of reaching a major tournament. Leigh will need to be playing to be starting for Scotland. So I can definitely see him going out on loan somewhere.

Absolutely think he will want to play and Celtic will want him to play probably so they can make a decision on him in the summer. Play off game in March will also be a factor. Just got to hope he is able to handle his personal issues.

Captain Trips
17-01-2020, 07:30 AM
150k pw vs 100k pw would not impact your life to much if we were dealing at that level, however he might be on 10-20kpw dropping over half that is very significant. Unfortunately at the level we are at £300-400 pw can be the difference in a player joining us or not never mind the 5-10kpw we might be looking at for LG.

I see no reason though if able a loan could be done if only paying part wage. Perhaps his personal issues would be helped even in small way by actually playing, not playing much for a footballer is not ideal.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2020, 07:34 AM

Does he care? He is apparently a huge Hibs fan but obviously plays for Celtic because of the money they pay. Don't see why Scotland would make him take a wage cut.

JimBHibees
17-01-2020, 07:37 AM
Does he care? He is apparently a huge Hibs fan but obviously plays for Celtic because of the money they pay. Don't see why Scotland would make him take a wage cut.

He wouldn't take a wage cut if on loan.

hibsbollah
17-01-2020, 07:45 AM

I see somewhere between a 5-10% chance of us beating both Israel at home and then Serbia or Norway away. If it's our best chance in a long time it's still a very slim one.

Waxy
17-01-2020, 07:49 AM
Loan till the summer is the biggest no brainer ever.

JohnM1875
17-01-2020, 08:15 AM

As already pointed out he wouldn't take a pay cut if he was on loan. And if he cares? Who knows really. I guess that's down to LG to push for a loan or force his way into Celtic first team again. If not, you might have your answer.

J-C
17-01-2020, 08:22 AM
The only advantage we have is Leigh hates being away from his kids and was a major factor in him leaving Wolves. This would mean he's unlikely to go south on loan, so if he stays up here we'll be his preferred destination.

Since90+2
17-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Really hope we get Leigh back but at the same time I hope there's a realistic level of expectation of him.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's had some well documented issues over the past 18 months or so and he might not still be the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago.

Still be a fantastic signing though.

Vault Boy
17-01-2020, 08:26 AM
The only advantage we have is Leigh hates being away from his kids and was a major factor in him leaving Wolves. This would mean he's unlikely to go south on loan, so if he stays up here we'll be his preferred destination.

That's a good point, I suppose that would be particularly prevelant given the recent struggles with his mental wellbeing. Hopefully he's made a significant recovery.

The difficulty then comes with whether Celtic see any value in loaning out a player whilst covering the majority of his wage, or rather just keeping him in the squad as cover.

The potential for them to get a fully fit and newly confident Leigh after a 5 month spell with us might be enough to swing it.

Waxy
17-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Rather he signed before sunday. Considering the cup is all we have to play for it would be a bit pointless if he was cup tied.

Paisley Hibby
17-01-2020, 10:36 AM

But I'm thinking it's only a loan so he won't lose any money by coming to us. Getting to play regularly, for the club he loves and not dropping his pay - why do you believe he wouldnt jump at that chance? Genuine question.

Peevemor
17-01-2020, 10:37 AM
But I'm thinking it's only a loan so he won't lose any money by coming to us. Getting to play regularly, for the club he loves and not dropping his pay - why do you believe he wouldnt jump at that chance? Genuine question.

Some players will waive some of their wages to go on loan and get playing (Naismith did this at Hearts last season IIRC).

danhibees1875
17-01-2020, 10:40 AM
Rather he signed before sunday. Considering the cup is all we have to play for it would be a bit pointless if he was cup tied.

So long as he doesn't get into the Celtic squad for their game it wouldn't matter (I think).

Paisley Hibby
17-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Some players will waive some of their wages to go on loan and get playing (Naismith did this at Hearts last season IIRC).

But even if he decided to do that it would only be until the end of the season? And the chance to get back match fit, playing for Scotland too would be much more financially beneficial for him in the long run than continuing to hang around the fringes way down the pecking order at Celtic?

Peevemor
17-01-2020, 10:50 AM
But even if he decided to do that it would only be until the end of the season? And the chance to get back match fit, playing for Scotland too would be much more financially beneficial for him in the long run than continuing to hang around the fringes way down the pecking order at Celtic?

I think some players will be willing to take a wee hit in the pocket if it means getting a game and the moral/confidence boost that goes with it.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2020, 01:25 PM
So long as he doesn't get into the Celtic squad for their game it wouldn't matter (I think).

Yeah if he's not in their squad for their game at the weekend then he'll be fine to play for us in future rounds, provided we win on Sunday of course.

Haymaker
17-01-2020, 04:46 PM

jacomo
17-01-2020, 04:51 PM

:agree:

Just like Anthony Stokes. Player gets same wage, Celtc get contribution towards that wage and we get Leigh (who will definitely do a Stokesy v the Huns and keep them waiting even longer for their first major trophy).

Winning.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2020, 04:51 PM
As already pointed out he wouldn't take a pay cut if he was on loan. And if he cares? Who knows really. I guess that's down to LG to push for a loan or force his way into Celtic first team again. If not, you might have your answer.

That isn't strictly true. Celtic might want too much wages and he'd need to waive some because Hibs couldn't afford it.

Col2
17-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Appreciate the excitement and I would love it if he rejoined but is there one piece of media that suggests he is coming back or just wishful thinking?