PDA

View Full Version : Start-Squad-Sell?

Speedway
29-12-2019, 04:20 PM
In the style of snog-marry-avoid from years ago, how would you categorise our squad of 24?

For me:

Start:

Bogdan
Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous

Squad:

Marciano
Gray
Naismith
McGregor
Hanlon
Jackson
Doidge
Horgan
Slivka
Newell

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Mallan

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 04:25 PM
In the style of snog-marry-avoid from years ago, how would you categorise our squad of 24?

For me:

Start:

Bogdan
Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous

Squad:

Marciano
Gray
Naismith
McGregor
Hanlon
Jackson
Doidge
Horgan
Slivka
Newell

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Mallan

I agree with your sells. Although i would possibly add jackson to that list.

I dont think we will get rid of that many. 4 at the most.

DetroitHibs
29-12-2019, 04:28 PM
I’d be selling Slivka. Had long enough to make his mark, but hasn’t. We need better.

Unseen work
29-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Said it before I can’t beleive anyone would want rid of Mallan with the ability he has. Think too many are basing it on his defending which is not his game, all about opinions though so fair enough.

For me we have a lot of guys that are decent enough but not outright quality and the balance is way off.

Desperate for a striker as I’m not convinced by Doidges goal scoring and Kamberi blows hot and cold.

Two central midfielders to adds bit of steel and leadership.

Left winger to offer a real threat as Horgan is far too inconsistent.

Left back as Stevenson is getting poorer and think we need more there.

Centre half who again leads and has a bit of pace and power.

Would get rid of

Maxwell
Vela
Whittikar
James
Jackson
Shaw - Loan
Murray - Loan

McKenzie
29-12-2019, 04:29 PM

For me:

Start:

Bogdan
Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous

Squad:

Marciano
Gray
Naismith
McGregor
Hanlon
Jackson
Doidge
Horgan
Slivka
Newell

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Mallan

Would keep Murray in the squad. Maybe get him out on loan to get regular games. Quicker shaw is out the squad the better.

Apart from that agree with all of that

The Modfather
29-12-2019, 04:30 PM

For me:

Start:

Bogdan
Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous

Squad:

Marciano
Gray
Naismith
McGregor
Hanlon
Jackson
Doidge
Horgan
Slivka
Newell

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Mallan

Would agree with most of that. Would add Stevenson to the squad list, and wouldn’t lose much sleep over selling/releasing any of the squad list, but think it’s a fair summary.

Edit - hadn’t noticed Mallan. I’d move him to the squad list, but as above could live with selling him.

Jim44
29-12-2019, 04:34 PM
We need two top quality strikers. One, a fresh addition and another to replace the possible departure of Kamberi. I keep hearing rumours that he is not too happy to stay with us.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2019, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Jackson, Horgan and Newell were let go either.

jeffers
29-12-2019, 04:51 PM
If someone offered us what we paid for Doidge I'd bite their hand off.

jacomo
29-12-2019, 04:58 PM
This thread is attracting some very weird responses.

McKenzie
29-12-2019, 05:11 PM

For me:

Start:

Bogdan
Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous

Squad:

Marciano
Gray
Naismith
McGregor
Hanlon
Jackson
Doidge
Horgan
Slivka
Newell

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Mallan

Would keep Murray in the squad. Maybe get him out on loan to get regular games. Quicker shaw is out the squad the better.

Apart from that agree with all of that

Jim44
29-12-2019, 05:12 PM

I don’t know where weird comes from. Folk are just stating thoughts or repeating rumours they have heard. Some may have substance, some may be a load of crud.

Paul1642
29-12-2019, 05:19 PM
If someone offered us what we paid for Doidge I'd bite their hand off.

No chance. He’s finally found some good form

jeffers
29-12-2019, 05:25 PM

He gives us a decent option in the air, but he's not fast and isn't a clinical striker. To get the best out of him you need to play with another striker, which then causes us issues trying to find a good balance in midfield.

MikeyS
29-12-2019, 05:33 PM

He was absolutely dug sh*te today though. Doesnt have a clue when to hold it up & take the hit from defender to gain a foul. Time & time again he was allowed to win his header as the 2 CBs knew it either wasnt going to be chased on or it was going right back in the direction it came

Hibee Mac
29-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Interested to know what responses you think are weird?
(Genuine question)

wookie70
29-12-2019, 05:49 PM
I agree with the starters and would possibly add Newell and Naismith. How Horgan starts ahead of Newell is beyond me. Mostly agree with the squad too but if someone gave us our money back on Doidge I'd bite their hand off. Slowest striker in the league and not a natural goalscorer. Just don't rate him.
Mallan if Allan is here is a squad player and if Allan isn't would be a starter.
We were at least 2 or 3 windows away from a great squad with the mess Lennon left. I hope Ross gets more of a chance than Heck did to sort it

Hibee Mac
29-12-2019, 05:52 PM
I agree with the starters and would possibly add Newell and Naismith. How Horgan starts ahead of Newell is beyond me. Mostly agree with the squad too but if someone gave us our money back on Doidge I'd bite their hand off. Slowest striker in the league and not a natural goalscorer. Just don't rate him.
Mallan if Allan is here is a squad player and if Allan isn't would be a starter.
We were at least 2 or 3 windows away from a great squad with the mess Lennon left. I hope Ross gets more of a chance than Heck did to sort it

Hecky got what was coming to him, he fully deserved to go and then some. Ross will get more of a chance because he has already shown in a few games that he can do what Hecky never could and consistently beat top 6 teams with good football.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Start:

Marciano
Naismith
Hallberg
Boyle
Kamberi
Allan
Porteous
Doidge

Squad:

Bogdan
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Horgan
Mallan
Stevenson

Sell/Release:

Maxwell
Vela
James
Shaw
Murray
Whittaker
Newall
Slivka
Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JXM73
29-12-2019, 06:27 PM
On today's performance I'd accept offers on any of them

Centre Hawf
29-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Start:
Marciano - Still probably our best keeper apart from kicking and the odd brain fart. I question where his head is at just now though.
Stevenson - Showing signs of aging but lets be honest we have no one else to play left back. Time to find a successor.
Hallberg - Player
Boyle - No surprise that our form improved when he came back, can be cold but brings so much to our side by just being a threat.
Kamberi - I really like him, need to score more but I think we do play better when he's playing.
Allan - Best player at the club.
Porteous - Might need a period out the first XI but very promising player

Squad:
Bogdan - Perfectly good keeper would have no issues starting him for the rest of the season if Rocky left.
Naismith - Looks okay, never looks fit though. Was he always like this at County and St Mirren?
McGregor - I sometimes think Daz is finished and yet he'll play games that prove you wrong but the 4 year deal was a mistake.
Hanlon - Looks a shadow of the player, could maybe do with a time out the side.
Doidge - Starting to show his worth but I still don't think he's a goal scorer.
Horgan - Really inconsistent but much like Boyle his pace is a threat, frustrating player. Needs to kick on after January.
Newell - Needs to show me something this second half of the season.
Whittaker - If his wage really is low and he's basically a coach then may as well just stay.

Sell/Release:
Gray - Legend but if I could go back in time and cancel that 4 year contract I would.
Maxwell - Inspires no confidence
Vela - Thought this would be a great signing but looks like his Hibs career is done
James - Still don't really know if he's good or bad but Ross doesn't seem to like him so may as well get rid.
Shaw (Loan) - Has something but clearly is struggling for confidence and form, send him to a Hamilton or something to play week in week out and decide after.
Murray (Loan) - Same as Shaw
Mallan - One trick pony. Will no doubt go on to be a club icon at a yo-yo club like St Mirren again but he's never a top 6 star.
Slivka - Too inconsistent. 2.5 years of one good game followed by 4/5 poor games.
Jackson - I still don't know if he's good or bad really. If he can't break into the defence as its performing just now then maybe he should go

hfc rd
29-12-2019, 06:56 PM
As the saying goes which is very true - only as good as your last game. Some of the players on the squad/released lists wouldn’t have been on it 2-3 weeks ago. Likes of Marciano, Doidge, Slivka.

Jonny1875
30-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Bogdan - Keep
Stevenson - Keep
Hallberg - Keep
Boyle - Keep
Kamberi - Keep
Allan - Keep
Porteous - Keep
Marciano - Keep
Gray - Sell/Release
Naismith - Keep
McGregor - Sell/Release
Hanlon - Keep
Jackson - Keep
Doidge - Sell/Release
Horgan - Keep
Slivka - Keep
Newell - Sell/Release
Maxwell - Sell/Release
Vela - Sell/Release
James - Sell/Release
Shaw - Keep
Murray - Sell/Release
Whittaker - Retire.
Mallan - Keep

jakedance
30-12-2019, 09:27 AM
if we could strengthen across the squad I wouldn’t be too concerned about losing anyone other than Kamberi, Allan, Porteous, Boyle and Marciano.

J-C
30-12-2019, 09:50 AM
I'm glad most on this thread are not our manager, we'd have the worst squad in the league.

GoalsMcGinley
30-12-2019, 09:55 AM
No wonder we haven’t produced a single sellable asset from our academy in 11 years.

As soon as a young player has a poor game or doesn’t play 100 games in a row we should get rid of them.

We are the worst fans on the planet for allowing young players to actually grow into good players.

Shaw, Porteous and Murray are all highly rated and good players. They need to be protected and possibly (in shaw and Murray’s case) go on loan.

For the record I’d have shaw in until we sign another striker. For a club of our size to only have 3 recognised strikers for over a year in scandalous. I’d also have Murray in my side before vela, Newell, Horgan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakedance
30-12-2019, 11:16 AM
if we could strengthen across the squad I wouldn’t be too concerned about losing anyone other than Kamberi, Allan, Porteous, Boyle and Marciano.