PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Midfielder in Jan

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2019, 04:17 PM
We need one badly. Yes there’s major restructuring needed with the defence and we could with a striker but this would instantly improve us.

Brightside
29-12-2019, 04:18 PM
We need one badly. Yes there’s major restructuring needed with the defence and we could with a striker but this would instantly improve us.

LM / Winger - and physical and fit CM.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Left back please. Centre half please. Defensive midfielder please. Striker please.

HibbySpurs
29-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Desperate for a proper Defensive Midfielder who can allow our creative players to move forward and help the defence out.

Lewis has been a great servant to the club but his time is done and we need a replacement.

A Centre Half wouldn’t go amiss as well.

bigell
30-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Desperate for a proper Defensive Midfielder who can allow our creative players to move forward and help the defence out.

Lewis has been a great servant to the club but his time is done and we need a replacement.

A Centre Half wouldn’t go amiss as well.

I am sure I read Jack Ross quoted as saying hes looking at a dm which will allow Halberg back to his best position as a box to box mf, so thats 2 positions sorted

Weegreenman
30-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Left back please. Centre half please. Defensive midfielder please. Striker please.

This 100%

It’s time some of the old guard were moved on. We need a proper Captain also.

we are hibs
30-12-2019, 08:47 AM
I think we need more than 1 midfielder

Leitherhibs
30-12-2019, 08:50 AM
2 x defensive mids, a left back and a goal scoring centre forward, all needed badly.

Hibee Mac
30-12-2019, 09:06 AM
We need a proper leader on the park. We had a few in the McGinn/McGeough team which is why we continually turned results around and came back from behind to win more than I can remember.

In recent memory we never seem to do this and it's because we have no leaders on the park who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

BlackSheep
30-12-2019, 10:50 AM

This.

Sorry but Lewis’ time as a starter is gone, he looks to have run out of ideas and is showing cracks in his game, a decent replacement needed here.

Pail Hanlon also falls into the category of looks like he has run out of ideas, I spend week after week predicting his passes, he hasn’t shown the form from a few years ago for quite some time.

A younger Milligan type to fill the void at Defensive Midfield. Mobile and solid, who can also contribute to attacking play (a unicorn, I know!)

A consistent striker please. As much as I like Kamberi and Doidge and Boyle in that mix too, none of them look like scoring week in, week out and that ruthlessness up top is why we lose and draw to teams like Livi.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2019, 10:51 AM

It’s been obvious we’ve been in dire need of one since July

CB_NO3
30-12-2019, 11:27 AM
We need some fit, strong players in the team. We have went back to the Hibs of old IMO. Can be pretty on the eye at times but constantly getting outmuscled.

We need some strength and steel to compliment the likes of Boyle, Mallan, Allan, Horgan and so on.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2019, 11:42 AM
I know we need more - we’ve an ageing defence - but in this window if we get a solid DM it’ll be good business

The Modfather
30-12-2019, 11:47 AM
This.

Sorry but Lewis’ time as a starter is gone, he looks to have run out of ideas and is showing cracks in his game, a decent replacement needed here.

Pail Hanlon also falls into the category of looks like he has run out of ideas, I spend week after week predicting his passes, he hasn’t shown the form from a few years ago for quite some time.

A younger Milligan type to fill the void at Defensive Midfield. Mobile and solid, who can also contribute to attacking play (a unicorn, I know!)

A consistent striker please. As much as I like Kamberi and Doidge and Boyle in that mix too, none of them look like scoring week in, week out and that ruthlessness up top is why we lose and draw to teams like Livi.

Sure the Spanish sun will sort him out :wink:

Unseen work
30-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Would love to see us get Alan Campbell from Motherwell.

Him along with an experienced/leader type in the midfield would transform us imo.

Our defence needs improved, however they’re being asked to defend way way too much. A more solid and organised midfield stops the defence being out under to much pressure.

Also need to start dominating games on the ball more often and give them a minutes rest as recently it seems to be a bit frantic.

wookie70
30-12-2019, 12:43 PM
If Allan is going to be our main man then we need to think about what formation we play. Very tricky accomodating Allan in some ways but vital we do in others. Hallberg could do a Dylan role but where do you find a SJM and do we play 3 at the back. Lennon and Heck seemed to buy players. Ross needs to buy based on a formation and style of play. Round pegs for round holes needed and a system of play reflected throughout the club. Get back on plan

PISTOL1875
30-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Perhaps an enquiry about Greg Taylor on loan from Celtic for the remainder of the season wouldn't be such a bad option....

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Perhaps an enquiry about Greg Taylor on loan from Celtic for the remainder of the season wouldn't be such a bad option....

Not sure if you can play for 3 teams in the one season

PISTOL1875
30-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Not sure if you can play for 3 teams in the one season

yeh we are knackered on that point.. He's played twice for Killie this season......

Callum_62
30-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Greame Shinnie

Brummie_Hibs
30-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Could Porteous play that DM role?

PISTOL1875
30-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Could Porteous play that DM role?

Jason naismith certainly could..........

Heisenberg
30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Greame Shinnie

Would be ideal. Unfortunately if he was coming back up the road he’d end up at Aberdeen.

PH91
30-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Porteous or naismith would be a disaster in the middle of the park, neither have he technical ability to play in tight situations imo. Both are very much defenders.

Shinnie would be a brilliant signing and would be captain of the team within weeks. If we could get dylan as well the team would be transformed.

If we could get another in it would be a striker for me. Every time i have seen long at motherwell he has looked good, although i would doubt we could afford to take him from them.

500miles
30-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Greame Shinnie

Shinnie was getting a game, but has an injury now.

Stuart93
30-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Aye let’s stop the talk of shoe horning a player in there and just go out and get one

IWasThere2016
30-12-2019, 04:16 PM
We need a Murdo McLeod .. that is someone to have the same "auld heid" e.g. leader on the park impact.

And some pace (heaven help us if Boyle is out again)